Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hello ronnyc2. Here's the information that you're looking for. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A4 Avant Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00246 and 47%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    I'm glad that you've found this forum so helpful, narrajack. The easiest way for me to evaluate this deal would be to look at this car's MSRP and selling price. Let me know what those numbers are and I'll gladly tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
  • sebass222sebass222 Member Posts: 2
    Can I still lease a 2009 A4 Premium Plus? At what residual/money factor?

I found a few of them online and need to know if I can negotiate here.

Thanks.
  • narrajacknarrajack Member Posts: 5
    Carman: Here is the additonal info:

MSRP $35,925

CAP COST: $33,425

Thanks again.
  • onemanarmyonemanarmy Member Posts: 1
    Here is the deal I was offered: Can someone please let me know if this is a good deal. My only issue that this is for 10k miles, I'm thinking I should get a better residual with the limited miles.

Audi Premium Plus, including sports package, exhaust tips.
    MSRP: 37,805
    Invoice: 35096.98
    Rate: .0005
    Residual: .50
    Total out of pocket at signing, including 1st payment:1247.74
    Depreciation:440.00
    Finance: 37.00
    Taxes.32.99
  • ibush01ibush01 Member Posts: 6
    Car_man, do you have the November lease numbers from Audi on the A4? I'm looking at a 2010 A4 Premium Plus sedan for 36mos at 18k mi/yr.

Thanks!
  • spano1spano1 Member Posts: 13
    This isn't exact but close - I believe the numbers are based on 15K miles...

http://www.ridewithg.com/index.php/2009/11/2010-audi-a3-a4-s4-a5-s5-lease-rates-- november-2009/
  • jslighjsligh Member Posts: 15
    Car_Man, do you have the Nov mf n resid for a 2009 A4 cabrio based on 10, 12, and 15k mi per year? Thanks!
  • man15man15 Member Posts: 2
    Hello People,

I just got a quick quote About a 2010 A4 Premium with quattro, heated front seat (hate this feature) and Tiptronic (In Massachusette). The MSRP is 35,300, They gave me 31,200 (because I have the Audi supplier discount) and they refuse to go further down.

However, if i subtrack the exact discount value and incentive, it will be around 29,300. Do you think I can get to this price or closer in MA?

Thanks in advance
  • s4_somedays4_someday Member Posts: 3
    This site has been helpful as there is little info on leases on the web and I was new to the leasing world..just signed for the following deal:

2010 A4 Premium Plus
    10k/mi per yr
    42 months
    $1,700 total out of pocket at signing including 1st month pmt
    $465 month

Good Deal?
    Thanks to all those who post.
  • man15man15 Member Posts: 2
    Hi s4_someday,

What is the cap cost and residual of your lease? Which State are u in?
    Negotiated Price - 34,600
    Residual - 49%
    New Jersey

Didn't mention in the last post this is a Sedan, 6 spd manual trans
  • awd250awd250 Member Posts: 63
    thanks, what does that work out to monthly?
    what can I expect to pay for A4 prem, 12K miles a year, 1st month and dmv fees down.
    If you only put down 1st month and fees your total out of pocket should be roughly $1600-1700.
    I think it is reasonable to pay $425-450/month for a lease on this car if you go 36 or 42 months.
    Which dealerships are you considering? I live in NJ.
    I live in englewood, so maybe town motors. I was hoping to get away with putting $1000 down total.
  • loadiiloadii Member Posts: 1
    Hi

Shopping for an A4 and got quoted the following. A4 Quattro - Automatic (premium package, ipod, heated seats, blue tooth). $480 a month. The lease is for 36 months, 10k miles. Is this a fair deal?

up front: 1 month, $625 bank fees plus registration.
    Hi sebass222. Technically one can still lease a 2009 Audi A4. Having said that, Audi is no longer providing lease support on that model so you may find that it is actually cheaper to lease a 2010 A4 right now. I haven't crunched the numbers, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was.

If you were to lease a 2009 Audi A4 Premium Plus Sedan with quattro through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value would be .00246 and 45%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $2,500 dealer cash and $1,000 loyalty cash that are currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    ">
    Thanks for the information, narrajack. The car that you described probably has a spread of around $2,500 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. That's almost exactly the discount that you are being given on it, assuming that you don't qualify for the loyalty cash. I'd say that this is an excellent deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ibush01. Here's the information that you're looking for. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A4 Premium Plus Sedan with quattro and 15,000 miles per year are .00090 and 50%, respectively.

15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that AFS publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than that, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
    I certainly do, jsligh. Here you go. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 A4 2.0T Cabrio with 15,000 miles per year are .00246 and 42%, respectively.

the residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher. A 10,000 mile per year lease would be 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • jslighjsligh Member Posts: 15
    Thank you very much for the information I requested. Based on these rates, the '09 A4 Cabrio doesn't appear to have favorable MF and Resid figures. Can you provide the same MF & Resid information for the '10 A5 Cabrio for comparison purposes? 36 mo. lease with 10/12/15k miles. Thanks again!
  • 14dmuny14dmuny Member Posts: 3
    so here is what i got... if ya'll think i can do better please tell me how! i'm always open to learning new ways to acquire a lease. also i did NOT have $1500 audi loyalty cash, but really wish i did!

using AFS, 36mo./10,000mi.
    53% residual and MF 0.0009
    2010 A4 quattro sedan with premium plus (white on black)
    bang olufsen audio
    dark walnut wood trim
    exhaust tips
    wheel locks

MSRP: 39,335
    my 1st month payment is 1213.27 ($700 to have car delivered 550mi)
    my next 35 payments are 513.27 (w/o tax 484.23)

i had all fees (aquisition, doc, reg/title) rolled into the lease and spread across the 36 payments except for the $700 delivery fee
  • slappymcgeeslappymcgee Member Posts: 3
    What are the current MF and residual on the A4 Avant Prestige on a 36 mo/10K lease? I've been quoted 0.00206 and .53 respectively. The MF seems a touch high.

I have the car price negotiated to invoice, would the $2,500 dealer cash go on top of that? Dealer also mentioned that "Season of Audi" covers security and some other BS fees, and the first month's payment so signing fees with the SC $300 sales tax would be $597. Good deal?
  • narrajacknarrajack Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the response; I thought I did well. And thanks again to you and all other contributors. This fourm combined with other research tools are essential to anyone considering leasing, rather than a fleecing... :)

Jack
  • whitty26whitty26 Member Posts: 7
    Hello,

Not sure if I am replicating an existing topic, so if I am, please redirect me to the correct post. Otherwise, here is the question.

I am contemplating buying a 2007 A4 S-Type Avant from someone leasing the car from Audi Financial. It has 30K miles and the lease is due by end of the December 2009.

Is it possible to buy the car from the individual before lease is up without the lessee having to purchase the car first? Or, conversely, can I purchase directly from Audi Financial?

Also, is there a way to get the buy-back value one something like this to understand the differential between what the buyer wants and what Audi will pay?

Thank you for any and all assistance.

Brett
    Wenzel,

I know this post is old, but am considering buying a car coming off lease in CA. Need some assistance with working thru process. Are you willing or available to lend some advice?

Thank you,
    Brett
  • phinephine Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,
    I just got the numbers from a dealer in NorCal.
    2010 A4 Quattro 2.0T with Premium Plus +Navigation with backup camera
    MF: 0.00090
    Residual:50%
    Selling Price:$38,258.14
    MSRP: $40,850
    15k miles/year.
    Monthly payment(inclusive tax):$560.57

2010 A4 CVT(FWD transmission) 2.0T with Premium Plus +Navigation with backup camera
    MF: 0.00050
    Residual:48%
    Selling Price:$35,600
    MSRP: $38,325.00
    15k miles/year.
    Monthly payment(inclusive tax):$536.04

Note: Security deposit has been waived. I have NOT negotiated the selling price, I had just walked in to get the numbers.

Experts, is this is good deal? The MF on CVT model is VERY good.
  • dtwpopdtwpop Member Posts: 5
    hello all,

I'm getting quoted for a 2010 A4 Premium Plus 36 mos 15K miles.
    MSRP 37,150.

Including AudiCare...

$566/month with 1452 due at signing. (acq fee included in upfront costs)

does this seem like a good deal? What are peoples thoughts on AudiCare for a lease?

Thanks.
  • royaloroyalo Member Posts: 3
    Have owned Audis since 1978 Presently own 98 A4 Q 80,000 miles and 02 Q both with sports package etc. Can get 2010 Audi 4Q Premium pkg 36 months, 10,000 a yr. . With Loyalty and $4,000 for the 98 trade $375 a month with tax included. Security deposit waived. $1280 due at signing. This includes first payment. Is it a good deal?
  • george1george1 Member Posts: 4
    I have been looking for a Prestige (manual) with the following options:
    Driver Assist Package
    Auto Drive select
    I talked to a couple of dealers and I was told that this would cost me between $750 and $800 per month i think that is very high.
    How much should I pay for this car?
    I need guidance. HELP
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    The Prestige pack adds $$$$ so the lease will be way out there --try for the premium or premium plus and go easy on the options.
  • docmiamidocmiami Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for all the info guys, i think it helped a lot.
    Here is the deal I got;

A4 premium plus 2010
    quartz gray w black interior, no navi

MSRP 36,400
    deal: 33,500

1500 down including inceptions, 1st month, etc
    MF 0.0005

monthly 478 + tax

bought it at the collection in miami w mathew, great guy

Hope it helps
    Thank you for your help. I think I will inquire about a A4 Premium plus with Nav and upgraded radio with auto transmission.
    I think I should be able to get this for about $530 plus tax with $3000 dn
    Do you think this is too much to pay?
    Look at docmiami's posted deal and decide for yourself. He did WAY better than what you described. Audi has no fee leases now so why the 3k down? Try weleasebytel -- they will do all the work and deliver to your house. Can't do any worse than what you posted. Don't work for them -- only broker i know off hand -- do your homework before you take the plunge.
    Thank you Jayride I will surely follow your advice and keep you updated
    Happy Holiday's
  • whit10whit10 Member Posts: 2
    I quote quoted the following for a 36 month lease with $10,000 miles. Not a Quattro...in LA

$750 total drive off including first month payment and tag title etc.
    $399 a month including tax

$33,725 MSRP and got cap cost down to $30,098
    50% residual

Includes bluetooth and heated seats
    Is this a good deal? How much more do you think a quattro would be and is it worth it?

Thanks!
    I think the quattro is about 2k more. The rv is a bit higher but in LA you don't need the quattro. Figure you save 40-50 bucks a month. Lots of Pink's hot dogs. ;)
    What is the year and mileage of you A4?
  • traderfjptraderfjp Member Posts: 12
    You must have been very unlucky because I haven't had one single issue with my 09 A4. I love this car. It's luxurious without being too much over the top, runs silky smooth with lots of power. Just because you have had problems doesn't mean that al A4's are bad.
  • guru1895guru1895 Member Posts: 2
    I'm sorry to hear that, you must haven been very unlucky I've owned 2 audi's in the last six years plus 2 months ago I bought a 2010 a4 Quattro and that's the best cars I've ever had.
  • cars0153cars0153 Member Posts: 45
    sorry to hear that. I am on my 2nd one without a problem. My lease is up in may and will very likely get a 2010
    You're very welcome, jsligh.

Through January 5th, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A5 Cabrio 2.0T Premium 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00128 and 52%, respectively.

The residual values for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year is 2% higher. The resid for a 10k lease is 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi slappymcgee. Sorry for the delay in my response. I took some time off for the holidays.

Through January 5th, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 A4 Avant Prestige with 10,000 miles per year are .00231 and 45%, respectively.

This lease program seems weak because it is. Audi pulled the plug on its lease support for most 2009 models. That's the bad news. The good news is that this lack of support means that the $2,500 dealer cash that is available on this model can be used on leases.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello,

Contemplating buying a car from individual that will be coming off of lease. Below are the particulars, but was curious to try and figure out the buy-out value to understand their bottom line. Anyone know what residual value rates were for that model year? I know that mileage matters, but having even a range helps.

KBB Good pricing is $25.7
    Edmunds clean is $24.9
    2008 Audi A4
    -6 MT
    -AWD
    -S-line (Actually window sticker says "Special Edition" which I believe is different)
    -Sport Package
    -Convenience Package
    -Bose Premium
    -Ipod interface
    -Heated Seats (front)
    -Heated Mirrors
    -Fog Lights
    -Sunroof

Any thoughts or advice are welcome and appreciated.

Thanks,
    Whitty
    Are those dealer retail prices or are they sell by owner prices? Mileage?
    Jayrider - sorry, I selected sell by owner for the two online estimates. Selected trade-in value just as a comparable to a lease buy-out. Probably over-complicating things as usual... ;)
    Sorry, thought my original post had the mileage. 28K single owner.
    Based on what I saw in a search, a price between 20-22k for an non-certified vehicle would be decent. Most of the dealer prices for used and certified used are 25-28k for non SE models. Do you know the person who wants to sell? Can you trust them to tell you the car was flawless? Can you buy directly from him or do you let audi resell it to you? You could offer to pay 1k or a bit more over buyout -- have them show you the buyout. I know I'd be happy with that on a sale of my leased murano at the end of the lease.
    Thanks for the advice. I was going to ask for the buyout #; I tried that with another car a while back and the seller refused. This purchase would be direct with seller, but Audi holds the title and would release it once funds were received. I can even pay Audi direct if I feel more comfortable with that. Just saw this listing, so have just made initial contact. Basically, I was trying to get a handle on the average buyout value to get a read on their initial price but also as a bit of a test once/if they shared the number.
This discussion has been closed.