Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• akraemerakraemer Member Posts: 1
    Hello fellow board members,

I looked for an answer to this question since AUDI is tapping around with the answer and the last one on the board related to this topic is from 2007.

I have a 2007 Audi A4 Quattro Convertible 2.0T with lease contract maturity date 4/15/2010. They call it Premier Purchase with a Final Payment: $28,895.40

Option 3 in the lease end options says "3. Sell and return the vehicle to us instead of paying the “final” (balloon) payment." and I am still unclear what that means in reference to my obligations.

Do I sell my car and return it back to Audi for the final payment amount? Do I have to pay the final payment amount and they sell it to me and give me the money they can collect from a seller?

Someone please help?!

Thank you so much.

-Andreas
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Sounds like you actually bought the car with special payments then a final ballon note at the end. It appears you owe almost 29k on the car when the payments end. I would check with audi to see what your status will be. My concern would be if audi buys your car -- what will they pay and if it is less than 29k, are you responsible for the difference. Should be easy to find out -- there is a phone number on your agreement. Good luck.
  • htjnkyiahtjnkyia Member Posts: 4
    I am looking to lease a 2010 A4 quattro sedan. Can I get the money factor and residual for:

A4 Quattro Premium
    15,000/yr
    36,39,42 months

and maybe the same for the Premium Plus?

Is 42 months worth it to lower the payment since the manufacturer's warranty would still be convering the car at the end of the lease?

Thanks,
    Doug
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,123
    If you do 42 months at 15k/yr, thats 52,500 miles, and you'll be out of warranty for the last two months...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• htjnkyiahtjnkyia Member Posts: 4
    Yes, true. I wasn't thinking about the miles as opposed to the months. So I guess that makes it either 36 or 39 months. I contacted a local dealer and they quoted me 0.0006 for the money factor and 52% for the Premium and 50% for the Premium Plus (36 mo.) This was with the Audi Care Program, so I'm guessing without Audi Care the residuals would be 51% and 49%?
  • jbrady3324jbrady3324 Member Posts: 42
    What price should I expect on a 2010 Audi A4 quattro 2.0T w/ premium plus package w/ upgraded sound?
  • vk101vk101 Member Posts: 8
    I'm living in NY tristate area, found one deal so far but not sure how good it is,
    10,000 miles for 36 months and etc, basis things.
    All out-of-pockets expences $2,000 down and $450 mohntly payments incuding NY tax.
    did anybody see better deal?
    Is that premium or premium plus?
    It's premium but I was able to get numbers only from one guy, nobody wants to talk over the phone, just in person by appt only.
    That does not seem very good. I see advertised at NJ dealers the following:

Audi A4 2.0T Premium w/ heated seats

$339 per month w/ $2999 down payment 10k miles per year

This is a quote from Millburn Audi in NJ. Advertised on their site
    I know this place and they don't want tell all their final $$, I think it will be the same.
    I am about to lease an infiniti across the street from this Audi Dealer. Here is the deal on the Audi.

Audi A4 Quattro premium plus w/ Nav
    Monthly - $529
    Res - 55%
    MF - 0.0019 (I think) -- too many kids running around!!!
    $2000 down includes everything

Audi A4 Quattro premium plus w/ B&O Sound system (no nav)
    Monthly - $525
    Res - 55%
    MF - 0.0019 (I think) -- too many kids running around!!!
    $2000 down includes everything

Can I beat these guys down?
  • cartoonupcartoonup Member Posts: 3
    Can anyone tell me if this is a decent deal.

2010 Audi A4 Premium Plus
    Monthly: 399.89
    Lease Period: 36 months
    Down: 3250 includes all fees
    Mileage: 12,000 Miles
    MSRP:35825
    Selling Price (Quoted over the phone):33000

Thank You
    It's not bad, considering Primium Plus and 12,000 miles.
    I'd rather have premium package and lower monthly payments.
    Do you think that is too much down? Do you think I could get the same payments with less down or do you think I could get 15,000 miles with those months payments with the same amount down? Im sure that would mean he would have to drop the price of the car another $1000.
    I don't think you can find less than $2,000 down deal on Audi A4, I even readt to put down $3,000 but to pay $329 monthly but nobody offers this deal any more.
    where is your dealership is located?
    The 399.89 includes taxes and im located in CA. Is that a good deal?
  • jdb2919jdb2919 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car_Man,

Do you happen to have the Jan money factors and residuals for a 2010 A4 Premium-Plus sedan based on 10K, 12K, and 15K mi/year and a 36 month lease term?

Thanks in advance!
  • ichillpillichillpill Member Posts: 2
    Which audi dealership is this in CA? I'm looking to lease a premium plus or premium too...thanks
  • buzztownbuzztown Member Posts: 2
    Carman / All:

Interested in a 2010 A4. I've been driving a 328 BMW for the past several years- and want to go back to Audi. I've had two different dealers give me numbers, and neither deal strikes me as good. Need some feedback. Located in Ohio.

I'm solely looking at the Premium- quattro- automatic.

A4 2.0 Quattro (includes heated seats, homelink/bluetooth, ipod interface)
    36 Months
    12k miles
    MSRP: 35025
    SP: 33875
    MF: .00070
    Residual: 53%
    Drive off: 1490 (includes 1st month)
    Monthly payment: $492.85 (this includes taxes)

A different dealer quoted as follows:

A4 2.0 quattro- pretty much the same vehicle.
    39 months
    10K miles
    MSRP: 35825
    SP: 34100
    MF: .001098
    Residual: 53%
    Drive off: 1489
    Monthly: 498 (this includes taxes)

Something is not adding up. I am certain the second one that I listed includes the audi care. Not certain that the first one does (but I can assume- seeing that the residual is also 53%)

Not loving either deal. How does it look?

Thanks!
  • tballstballs Member Posts: 8
    Hey Folks,
    I'm in the market for a 2010 A4 6 Spd quattro Premium Plus with the all weather mats. MSRP seems to be about $36,900, with invoice around $34,300.

Looking to do a 36/39 month lease @ 12k miles / year. If anyone has the residuals and lease numbers, I'd appreciate the help. Looking to get it done by end of January.

Many thanks!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi htjnkyia. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A4 quattro Sedan Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00045 and 51%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00065 and 49%.

The money factors for the Premium Plus trim level are exactly the same, but its residual values are 2% lower.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • sixdegreessixdegrees Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car_Man,

By chance, do you have a sense as to the terms for a lease of a 2010 A4 Quattro sedan w automatic and the Premium Plus package for a 36 month term and 12K miles per year? Im in the Chicagoland area.

So far, I have gotten pricing of $536 month at $0 down.
  • leaseinstyleleaseinstyle Member Posts: 1
    dou have an audi currently?
    Here you go, jdb2919. Audi Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A4 Premium Plus quattro Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00045 and 49%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year is 2% higher. The 10k residual is 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi buzztown. Let me begin by saying that the money factors that you were quoted are too high. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factors for the 2010 A4 Sedan quattro are .00045 for 36 months and .00065 for 39 months. Make sure that any dealer that you lease from uses these factors to calculate your payment.

As far as the selling prices that you were quoted go, there is around a $2,300, give or take a few bucks, spread between this car's full MSRP and dealer invoice price. That puts the $1,150 dealer discount that you were quoted at the first dealer at interestingly around $1,150 over invoice.

The second quote that you were given looks better. It's at slightly over $500 over invoice.

If I was in your situation, I'd try to get the second dealer to use the base money factor and go with them.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the info that you're looking for. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A4 Premium Plus Sedan with quattro and 12,000 miles per year are .00045 and 51%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00065 and 49%.

Car_man
    Host
    I certainly do, sixdegrees. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Premium Sedan with quattro and 12,000 miles per year are .00045 and 53%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car Man,

Any other news as to loyalty or other incentives? I am a current Audi leaseholder whose lease terminates in late Feb. Saw some mention in earlier post of $1500 that might apply to cap cost reduction. Would like to do deal quickly as miles building and so far, best deal to date has been $534/month with zero down for 2010 A4 Quattro w Automatic and Premium Plus. I have found that the dealers are very sketchy as to what entails the Audi Finance loyalty components.

Many thanks.
    How has your experience been with the audi you are turning in ?
    Mixed. Love the drive, had some minor electrical issues as well as coil problems. However, great in the snow and fine all around. Had 325xi prior and small differences.
    One more request. The lowest price to date for a 2010 A4 Quattro w automatic, Premium Plus Package, and Metallic Pearl Paint that I have gotten is $35,600. That includes destination charge of $825. Sales tax in my area is 8.75%. The MSRP for the car is $38,350 (inclusive of destination charge). I am seeking to lease this vehicle for 36 months and mileage not to exceed 12k/year. I have an Audi under lease now but cant tell what loyalty benefits may apply, if any. Car Man advised that the Buy Rate lease money factor is .00045 and that the residual value is 53%. I seek to put zero dollars down other than the first and last month. What should the monthly payment be using the above figures? Please help me due the math. Not sure what goes where and how to convert money rate to %.

Many thanks. Also, anyone care to comment on the deal?
    No problem sixdegrees. Audi is currently providing a $750 cash incentive to current Audi owners and lessees who lease a new A4. The $1,500 is only for people who purchase a new Audi.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey sixdegrees. Here's a link to an article that outlines how to calculate lease payments: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Let's crunch some numbers and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2010 A4 Sedan Premium Plus with quattro that has an MSRP of $38,350 and a selling price of $35,600 through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $450.

If the $750 loyalty cash was not already taken into account in the selling price that the dealer quoted you and you are able to deduct it, the payment would drop to around $429.

Car_man
    Host
  • lotus95lotus95 Member Posts: 1
    Car_man,

I guess I'm like everybody else trying to get the best bang for my buck.
    heres my deal:

2010 A4 Avant Premium Plus
    42 months
    MSRP: $39,675 (inc dest.)
    Deal: $36,800
    m/f.00180
    Downpayment: $3345 (includes 1st month)
    residual: 46%
    monthly: $545 (total)

I waiting for 2 mores bids from other dealers. appreciate any advise.

Thanks
  • jonesactjonesact Member Posts: 1
    Am looking at A4 v. BMW. A4 does not require down payment. BMW wants $3.5k. No maint cost with BMW. What is the maintenance experience with A4 for 36k miles? Seems to me would not offset the down payment. Lease payment about $50 per month higher for A4
    Seems high -- might want to try the A4 Premium [not plus]. Also look at the VW tiguan 4 motion. Basically same engine -- lots lower cost -- maintenance included. Audi does offer maintenance package -- doesn't cover brakes like bmw.
  • bhammer1bhammer1 Member Posts: 4
    I have been quoted on a 2010 A4, 42 Month Lease, First payment, bank fee and registration down. 15K miles per year, Service package, blue tooth, CD player with Ipod connection - $449 per month. My question - the dealer just said I was actually approved for tier C credit which now will bring my payment up to $469 per month. So - is the $449 a good deal? Should that credit issue raise my payment $20/Month or are they trying to pull a fast one?

Thanks!!!!
    Lease payments are sometimes advertised at the super preferred credit score rate. If you don't qualify then they figure you are a higher risk leaser and will raise your payments. This is not an uncommon practice.
    Thanks for the reply! This was a negotiated deal - I guess I am trying to figure out if the original deal is good, and if the $20 per month additional payment is reasonable based on the tier C credit score.
    If the car is a quattro premium then the numbers seem decent. How is the car equipped and what is the msrp?
    Premium Quattro, Bluetooth, CD with ipod Cable, $35,575 msrp
    Here is a reference point. Mattieimports in new england posts lease terms.
    Two premium quattro a4's.

1. stick msrp 35530 sell 32180 388 per month 42 mo. 10k miles 1995 down.

2. aoto msrp 36255 sell 31835 371 per month 42 mo. 10k miles 1995 down

Freight is included but I'm sure these rates are for top tier credit. They will deliver in a number of nearby states for free.

Check out the website. Considering you need 15k miles and get stung for c level credit doesn't seem real bad.
  • steve777steve777 Member Posts: 41
    six degrees. Which dealer in Chicago did you get that rate. Have you found anything better? Thx
  • bkazmierbkazmier Member Posts: 1
    I just signed a 42 month lease today for a A4 Prem Plus Quattro w/ wood, exhaust tips, sound system.

MSRP $39,700
    Sell: $38,321
    Fees: $1,033
    Tax: $1,505
    MF: .00065
    Residual: 46%
    Miles: 15k
    Down Payment: $0
    Payment: $567
    First payment due in March....

I know the payment seems low with those number, but I noticed they used $40,500 for the MSRP to calc the residual total. That is because this vehicle HAD 18" wheels for $800 but they pulled them when they did the trade with another dealer. The finance person used the $40,500 even though I pointed out that the real MSRP was $39,700. That went about $15/month in my favor.

Car_Man, what happens when I turn the vehicle in? How do they know the car's wheels have been switched for 17 inch? I don't want to have any issues when I turn it in.

ALSO, this is my first post. This forum is great! I used it to get the car I wanted for a great price!
  • baron4baron4 Member Posts: 4
    What are the current MF and residual on a 2010 A4 Sedan Quattro Prestige for a 36, 39, 42 mo/10K lease?

Thanks!
  • bigtalkerbigtalker Member Posts: 5
    I am looking to lease a 2010 A4 Prestige with the driver assist option and 25k miles per year (I know, it's a lot). Unfortunately, as usually seems to be the case, I am getting jerked around by two different dealerships in our area (Baltimore, MD).
    One dealership would not give me pricing on the A4 because I was also looking at the A6. They kept saying "Why would you lease an A4 when you're only going to save $200-300 a month over the A6."
    The other dealership quoted me $1,080 per month for the A4. That's seems absurdly ridiculous to me. I have been quoted $550 per month for an Acura TL with a very comparable MSRP.
    So, I am resolved to find this car at a out of town dealership (Annapolis, DC, etc.) so before I trek to another dealership I would like to know if anyone on the forums would know what a reasonable monthly payment would be for this car. My credit is in the mid-700's and I will be putting $5,000 down. If you need any other info, please let me know. Thanks in advance for any help!
    If you can get a 25k lease on an acura -- get it.Forget audi. How many years?
  • bigtalkerbigtalker Member Posts: 5
    The lease is for 3 years. I really do prefer the Audi and am willing to pay $100 a month more for it, but I'm not paying $1,000 a month for a A4...
    I'm coming off of a similar lease on an Infiniti M35X. I would get another Infiniti, but my lease is up and I can't wait for the 2011 M to come out.
    So your are going to have 75k miles on the car you turn in after 3 years. Way out of warranty-repairs- tires- brakes etc. The residual on the lease must be 15%. You might as well buy. leasespecials.com says you can get 20k miles on a 43k msrp prestige for 676 per month 5k down. Check it out.
This discussion has been closed.