Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• bigtalkerbigtalker Member Posts: 5
    Why would I buy? To get a similar monthly payment, I would have to pay over 7 years. Then, after 2 years my warranty is through, but I still have to pay for the car for 5 more years and 125k miles. And when everything is said and done, how much would I get for a 7 year old car with 175k miles on it?
    I'm much, much better off leasing. At the end of 75k miles I hand the car in and get a new one with no worries.
    I'd prefer the Audi, for sure, but if I can get an Acura TL with Tech package (very close MSRP) for $550 a month with 25k miles a year, I guess I have to do that.
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    If you incur any major repairs the last 10k miles of the lease you will be putting money into the next persons car. When you turn it in you expect to have the car fine toothed combed for every drive train,suspension, technology, climate control, and brake/tire need. The audi could cost into the thousands -- might get lucky. The acura is probably the better bet. Of course with all those miles -- probably lots of easyhighway miles. Never heard of a 25k mile lease -- learn something new all the time. Good luck whatever you choose. This probably isn't your first big mile lease and if it works for you go for it. :)
  • buzztownbuzztown Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the great information, and for making these forums so useful!

I have yet to make a decision on a vehicle, and therefore ask-- Has Audi financing changed their MF/Resid. for the month of February on the A4 Premium Quattro?

Most appreciated.
  • mht4mht4 Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys. My first post here. Looking to lease either a '10 A4 Avant premium/ or plus.

Was hoping someone had the numbers on what the money factor and residual is for a 36 month 15k lease on both of them.

Thanks for all the great info!
  • skykellerskykeller Member Posts: 1
    Finance a new 2010 Audi A4 sedan with special APR financing as low as 1.9%. Offer good through March 2, 2010. Or lease an A4 for the following special offers:

2010 A4 2.0T FWD Premium
    $429* lease per month for 36 months
    Now through March 2, 2010

Down payment: $599
    Refundable security deposit: $0
    Acquisition fee: $625
    First month's payment: $429
    Amount due at lease inception: $1,653
    Excludes taxes, title, other options and dealer charges

*36-mo. closed-end lease offered to qualified customers by Audi Financial Services through participating dealers. Must take delivery by 3/2/2010. Rate based on $33,275 MSRP of 2010 Audi A4 2.0T FrontTrak® Premium with Automatic Multitronic continuously variable transmission, Bluetooth/Homelink Package, Audi Music Interface with iPod cable and destination charge. Price excludes taxes, title, other options and dealer charges. Purchase option at lease end for $17,969. Advertised offer requires dealer contribution; final negotiated price may vary by dealer. Lessee responsible for insurance, maintenance and repairs and may have some financial liability at lease end. Lessee responsible for $0.25/mile over 10,000 miles per year and a disposition fee of $350 due at lease end.

The two things I will want in addition would be the Premium Plus package, and I definitely want 15,000 miles. Adding these in would increase my monthly payment by approximately how much? $50 - $60 more a month? Any feedback on this deal would be greatly appreciated!!
  • victooriousvictoorious Member Posts: 9
    So I am looking to lease a Audi A4 Prestige with the S-Line Package, 15k Miles a year and 36 month term. Im able to put down anywhere from 3.5k-5k

What do you guys think would be a reasonable monthly payment?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Welcome bkazmier. Good question. While I wouldn't worry about returning a leased vehicle with a different type of tire than it came with, I personally would be very hesitant to take delivery of a car that has 17" wheels yet says it has 18" wheels on the contract.

It is very possible that AFS would want the car back with 18" wheels on it. If so, you'd be out a grand.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi baron4. Here's the information that you're looking for. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A4 Sedan Prestige with quattro and 10,000 miles per year are .00045 and 47%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00065 and 45%.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome, buzztown. Thanks for noticing. According to what I've heard, Audi's February lease program for the A4 is exactly the same as its January program was.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome mht4. Here's the information that you're looking for. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A4 Avant Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00117 and 51%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2010 A4 Avant Premium Plus are .00117 and 48%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi skykeller. This is Audi's official advertised lease payment for the A4. Generally speaking, most manufacturers' official advertised lease payments are pretty good deals...but they leave a little meat on the bone so to speak. Savvy consumers who know what they are doing and live in areas that have a decent level of competition are usually able to negotiate lower selling prices on vehicles than the ones that were used to calculate their official advertised payments.

Car_man
    Host
  • daviaudidaviaudi Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car_man and everyone,

My first Audi, trying to get a nice deal. A4 premium + bluetooth and audi music interface

Two dealers gave me almost same quote over the phone:

MSRP: $33275
    SP: $31010
    MF: dealer did not tell me, I used 0.00045
    Drive off: $1612.91 (include all fees and first month payment)
    Month pay: $398 (8.75% tax included)
    term: 12,000/y, 36 months

I do not under stand how they got the number out. However, I need to know if this is a good deal or not.

Appreciate any advise. Thanks!
    An excellent lease payment is below 1% of the msrp before taxes and fees. You would be shooting for $332 or less. A bit above the 1% rule is still good. Just be sure the fees are fair. Audi has a $675 bank fee but check everything else. Your deal looks decent -- might ask for the audicare thrown in to close the deal. Never hurts to ask. Also raises your residual a bit I think.
  • rxkerxke Member Posts: 168
    Hi

This sounds like a decent offer. What city/dealer did you get it from? I agree you can ask to have them add the free service to close the deal. That will improve the residual value 1 or 2% and bring down the cost of the lease. You might also contact a dealer a little farther alway to get a better price as they would have to offer you a better price to make you travel a little farther. You can always have the car serviced at any Audi dealer.

Good luck
  • vk101vk101 Member Posts: 8
    I like this deal, you look like in NY, could you give me these guys if it's not a secret.

Thank you
    I got this quote from los angeles. Got the quote on riverside dealer, CA. However, they do not have the color I like. Another dealer in downtown is going to match this offer, just confirmed. I will go to several dealers tomorrow to get a best price then make the deal.

Thank you guys!
    Thank you for the advice. I will try $332+8.75% Tax on tomorrow.

Drive off include all fees and first month payment, total is 1600.

I will ask for the audicare also.

Will update when I come back

Thanks!
    The less than 1% rule may not be possible due to mf and rv numbers but it gives you a reference point to evaluate the deal. Good luck.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    That's a good rule of thumb (and, one I use myself)..

But, in the current leasing environment, almost impossible to find... :(

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

The honda accord ex-l is available for 270 with an msrp of 27k. Not much else. Nice car though.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Yeah... just from perusing the other leasing threads, the Honda Insight has a good program, though I haven't worked up a payment..

Dang it, now I'm off topic..

Back to Audi... sorry

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

You should be sorry for drifting off topic in an edmunds forum since it happens so infrequently. Apology accepted Audi-ose for now.
    Hi, I am looking to lease a A4 Prestige with Sports Package in the SOCAL area,

Im just wondering what you guys paid for , and whats a good deal if I do a 5k downpayment?
    Final price:

MSRP: 33725, Audi A4 premium white/black, bluetooth, ipod interface, garage opener

SP: 30055, we leased the car for 42 months

Lease price: Down pay: 0, drive off: $1500, include DMV title plate and other fees, include first month payment. Monthly payment: $390 (8.75% tax included). Audi care included, 1000mile/month

The deal is not as good as we believed, however, this is the only white one in our price range left in our area. Another dealer got 2 white/black instock, but it was a 100 mile drive. And that dealer cannot beat the price over the phone, so we just take this one.

Dealer: west covina, CA

For los angeles, do not recommend downtown LA audi. Dealers are not so nice, and one dealer just said: this is audi, not VW, 0 down is impossible. And the dealer treated me as an idiot (asked me to pay all the tax in the drive off, total $4000 drive off, 36 months, $380 before tax, then he put the tax in the monthly payment again......)

Pasadena audi is OK, but do not talk to the guy whose name is: Sammy (I do not know if I spelled it right). Very rude over the phone, yelled at me then hung up my phone. But other dealers in pasadena are nice, very helpful, but they did not have a white color, but they are good.

Thank you for all your help!
  • spano1spano1 Member Posts: 13
    I had a good experience with Pacific Audi in Torrance. Nathan Loyd the Fleet Manager took care of me.
    You can check out ride with g dot com for the new rates. Great time to lease an A4 !!!!!
  • michaelfeltsmichaelfelts Member Posts: 2
    2010 A4
    -premium plus
    -sport package
    -18" wheel package
    -exhaust tips
    -all weather floor mats
    -navigation with backup camera
    -Bang and Olufsen sound system
    -wheel locks
    -Meteor Gray color upgrade

MSRP $41,510
    Sell price $40,800
    Money Factor .00029
    Down Payment $7,000
    $529 (including tax) a month for 36 months and 15,000 miles a year
    Florida sales tax 7%

Did I get ripped off? Let me know guys.
    Thanks
  • ychang77ychang77 Member Posts: 31
    2010 A4 Premium Plus w/ sport pkg.
    MSRP $37,405
    Invoice $35,515
    Selling price $34,015 ($1.5K under invoice)

36 mo. 12k/yr.
    $1,749 drive off
    $452 / mo. before tax ($496 after CA 9.75% tax)
    Audi Care included

Let me know what you guys think. Has anyone here posted a better deal [without owner loyalty or fleet discount]?
  • dave882dave882 Member Posts: 2
    Hi all.
    I got a quote yesterday from a local (northern NJ) dealer for a 42 mo / 10k lease.
    Please let me know if it's a decent one.
    $400/ month. $0 down, fees/1st month in the payment, $280 cost of registration up front.
    The car is 2010 A4 Q Auto Premium non-metallic (black). MSRP's around $35400.
    The deal's good till the end of Feb.
    Does that sound like a good deal or should I be able to do a little better ?
    Thanks.
    Hi

It is hard to know if this is a good deal. In order to evaluate it you need to know the residual value and money factor they are using and how many miles per year. Based on what people are saying in this forum the money factor for 39 months is around .00070 and the residual value of 53% for an A4 premium. A lease for 42 months will change the residual value and maybe the money factor. If you can have the dealer throw in the maintenance it increases the residual value and decreases the cost of the lease. Let me know how you make out as I am also looking into getting an A4 probably in March. I live in NY.

Good luck.
  • dave882dave882 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the reply.
    To be honest, I couldn't care less about money factors and such. I just wanted to know if the payment is a fair one.
    You mentioned the maintenance . Is that the audicare?
    Also, should the 39 months lease be cheaper than the 42 one ?
    edited February 2010
    You need to know if your money factor and the residual are figured on the correct numbers. If they are then the deals are very good at this time. Generally the longer the lease the LOWER the payments. also the miles per year affect the residual. The more miles the lower the residual. Got to ridewithg.com for an analysis of current audi leasing. But the deal you disclosed seems decent. Would suggest having them run the numbers for 36 months. Less likelihood of tires and brakes.
    Hey what dealership did you go to for this deal? I am looking for a deal like that.
    So I was offered this.

Premium Plus A4 Front Wheel Drive
    Brilliant Black
    Sports Pack
    B & O Sound
    36 month Term
    15K Miles / Year

MSRP - $38255
    Final Sales - $35571 ($859 under Invoice)
    Out Of Pocket - $5,000 (include down payment + 1st Month Payment + ALL Fees)

Monthly Payment $417.50 before tax.

Is that a good deal? I was thinking about telling him to do $1000 under invoice and throw in Audi Care and call it a deal.
  • bderushbderush Member Posts: 24
    MSRP: $45175
    Miles: 10k per year
    36 Months

Any ideas on experiences on what type a monthly payment I should be expecting?

Thanks!
    The mainenance is audicare and having it increases the residual value of the car and therefore the cost of the lease. Also, the shorter the lease the higher the residual value and the lower the cost of the lease.

While the $400 per month lease price sounds OK you might be able to do better if you knew the residual value they were using for the $400 payment.
    Letus all know how you made out(location of dealer/state).

Good luck
  • michaelfeltsmichaelfelts Member Posts: 2
    Anybody?
  • wee78wee78 Member Posts: 5
    hi, i am new here and seeking for advice on the lease offer

Rusnak Pasadena
    2010 Audi A4 Premium Plus
    Year: 2010
    Make: Audi
    Model: A4
    Trim: Premium Plus
    Exterior Color: Brilliant Black
    Interior Color: Black
    MSRP: $35,825.00
    Stock Number: 4101259
    36mo. lease 10,000 miles per year & $1,717.68 out of pocket
    Payment: $432.44 + tax = $474.60

i checked the invoice price shouldl be around $32,000 and i need 15,000 miles per year . 36 or 42 months doesn't matter. can anyone help me for best deal

Thanks

Wee
  • vk101vk101 Member Posts: 8
    Manhattan Audi is offering now 42 month lease for 2010 audi A4 quatro for $299/month and $4,000 down.
    is it premium plus? the sales guy told me premium doesn't come with LED and Xenon light . I hope to have a premium plus with 15k miles/ year. do you know where have better deal on this in southern california?
  • fender4645fender4645 Member Posts: 4
    Hey guys. First time doing a lease (and first time Audi buyer). Here's what the dealer is quoting me (Audi of Oakland):

2010 A4 Premium Plus Quattro
    MSRP: $37,875
    Invoice: $35,282
    Selling Price: $35,162

36 mo 15k/yr.
    $10,000 drive off
    $288 + tax

What do you all think? Thinking about getting this tomorrow... Thanks!!
    Based on an moneyfactor of .00045 and a residual of 45% your payments should be $526 with only inception fees and taxes additional. Subtract the fees from the 10k down and put what's left in the bank to pay down you monthly payment. That deal you got is no good. Never put 10k down on a lease.
  • gundy35gundy35 Member Posts: 5
    what is the current lease price on a4 36 month 15k in boston area?
  • reggregg Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2010
    2010 Audi A4 Quattro with Prestige in Las Vegas.

MSRP 43950.00

Purchase Price: 42000.00
    Dealer Fee: 398.00
    Sales Tax (8.1%) 3434.24
    License/Title 28.25

Money Factor: .00085
    15000 miles/yr Lease.

I have excellent credit also.

Down Payment->
    Terms
    V
    $1500.00 - $3000.00 - $5000.00
    36 - 747.63 - 707.17 - 653.23 - 44% Residual
    39 - 717.30 - 679.95 - 630.16 42% Residual
    42 - 680.12 - 645.43 - 599.17 41% Residual

Kelly Blue Book has a resale value of 49% after 36 months, but it starts to lose out after that.
    http://www.kbb.com/new-cars/audi/a4/2010/resale-value?id=252482

Is this a good deal...seems kind of high to me
    hi, can you guys advise me hows this deal looks like? i like 15k but monthly pay seems very high. thanks a lots!

Walter Riverside, California ( south CA)

2010 A4 Premium Plus
    36 months
    15,000 miles
    MSRP: $36,380
    SP: $34,000
    M/F: did not list out
    residual: 48% of MSRP which is $17,462.40
    Downpayment: $1,660 drive off
    monthly payment: $475.57 plus tax
  • flank016flank016 Member Posts: 1
    I'm just starting this process out and have read through this msg board picking up information.

I'm looking for the money factor and residual value for an 4dr Sdn Auto 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus for a 36 month lease, 10k miles in the NY Metro Area. I live on Long Island and would be willing to go anywhere from Huntington Audi to Manhattan Audi.

Additionally, the Huntington Audi website has this car listed at 41,200, what are the dealer invoice costs for this car in the area?
  • tpacoetpacoe Member Posts: 2
    Cartelligent is offering me this lease:
    2010 A4 premium plus with navigation
    10K miles annually, 3 years
    $4500 TOTAL down, $441 TOTAL incl. tax and audi care per month.

Does this sound like a good deal?

Thanks for your comments - T.
    Check mandvleasing site to see how yours compares with their zero down rates.
  • tpacoetpacoe Member Posts: 2
    thanks
  • henryhansenhenryhansen Member Posts: 1
    have this offer:

A4Premium FrontTrak w/sunroof, heated seats, and bluetooth. Everything else standard.

MSRP: 33,200
    Offer: 30,050

36 months, 15,000 miles

Using current Feb MF/Residual: .00029 and 51%

payment would be: $373.81 (plus tax)

This would fit in my payment comfort...but trying to see if I could do any better on cap cost (and actually weighing it against 2010 GTI)
This discussion has been closed.