Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• chicago_jeffchicago_jeff Member Posts: 2
    I am looking to lease through AFS. I was told by the dealership that AFS charges a $350 purchase option fee. I guess it was started last year. Is this true or am I being taken?

To be clear, I am not talking about the $350 disposition fee. I know you pay that if I return the car. I am referring to a fee to purchase the vehicle on top of the residual value at the end of my lease if I buy it.

Has anyone leased in 2010 through AFS, and did they put that fee in the contract?

Thanks!!!
  • joeycuz2123joeycuz2123 Member Posts: 2
    Hello .. Anyone can help me? Im looking to lease a new 2010 a4 base plus sports package. or a4 premium plus sports. i live in the state of Florida... I have been doing my research on prices.... this will be my 3rd audi a4. so i would get loyalty?

Msrp: 34850
    money factor: .00049
    residual 50%
    15 K mi
    42 month lease
    Most i want to put down is 800 out of pocket. My credit is excellent... I am not worried about that... Do not remember what the invoice price was... but what like to know ballpark figure what a good deal would be... and what to negotiate on a fair deal.
  • waits211waits211 Member Posts: 7
    Hey all since I used you folks I thought I'd share my price in return.

36month/10k
    Manual transmission
    Premium Plus+ tips, locks and audicare
    $1500 down
    $450/month

Felt that was fair.
  • srinnjsrinnj Member Posts: 1
    Who gave you that quote? Sounds good.
  • ursamajorursamajor Member Posts: 127
    Metallic paint 475
    Homelink./bluetooth 700
    Wood inlay 400
    Audi Music Interface/ 300
    Destination 825

MSRP total= $ 36250; cap cost $ 33874 less $ 750 BMW incentive = $ 33124
    Minimal drive off: $ 2386-750= $ 1636; MF = .00026, 36 mos. 10K/year
    $ 450/month through AFS.

What do you think?
    Boston Area...
  • ursamajorursamajor Member Posts: 127
    9.75% in Los Angeles County. I didn't go for the Audi Care service program. Do you feel it's worth it to pay for service in advance, with a "cap?"
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here you go, aitrus03. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A4 Sedan FWD Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00008 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "A" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00028 and 49%.

If you were to lease this car with only 10,000 miles per year, its residual values would be 1% higher. The rates for AFS' "B" credit tier are .00010 higher than the money factors that I mentioned.

Unfortunately, I am not aware of any resource (other than myself of course) that provides this sort info to the general public.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi chicago_jeff. As you mentioned Audi Financial Services charges a $350 disposition fee at the end of leases. Fees like this are extremely annoying, but they are fairly common in the industry. I would not be surprised if it charged a similar purchase option fee to consumers who choose to buy their vehicle at lease-end, but I don't know that it does for certain.

Car_man
    Host
  • laxsoxlaxsox Member Posts: 13
    I'm looking for realistic numbers (Cap Cost, Money Factor, Price, etc.) to lease a 2010 Audi A4 Avant with the Premium Plus package. What should I expect to see for a 36-42 month lease with 10k-12k in Long Island, NY if I roll everything into the payments (taxes, etc.)? Thanks!
  • mickeyroimickeyroi Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys, I'm being quoted as follows for an Audi A4 Premium Plus with Navigation and Ice Silver Metallic color, MSRP $38,800, for a 36 months lease 30k miles a year (yes, you read that right). I live in orange county california zip code 92677 where sales taxes are 8.75%.

$10k down
    $750 BMW owner discount
    Monthly payments $542.27
    Residual: $11,874

Any thoughts on how good of a deal it is?
  • nomatternomatter Member Posts: 36
    Hi Car_man,

When you get the chance, could you post the May numbers on an A4 Premium FWD for 36mo, 39mo and 42mo with 10k miles please. Thank you.
    Hi nomatter. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A4 Sedan Premium FWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00019 and 51%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00039 and 50%. The 42 month numbers are .00039 and 48%.

Car_man
    Host
  • audi4houstonaudi4houston Member Posts: 9
    looking for 36 month, 12k miles/yr, $5000 down on a4 sedan prem plus, cvt, wood inlay.

what's a good monthly payment? how do i calculate? what is money factor?

many thanx from a newbie...
  • dcesqdcesq Member Posts: 6
    Carman,

When you have a minute, can you please tell me the May numbers (money factor and residual value) for an A4 Premium Plus. I am looking for 24, 36 and 42 months, 15K per year.

Thanks!
  • edwardsfedwardsf Member Posts: 190
    Yeah, I know, that is the old "Yo." But anyways, what are the May numbers (money factor and residual value) for an A4 Avant Premium and Premium Plus? I am looking for 36 month, 12k per year. Thanks! Used your help last time.
    Greetings audi4houston .

Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Check out the articles and let us know if you have any questions.

Car_man
    Host
  • njaudi7njaudi7 Member Posts: 7
    Hi Car Man!

Can you please list the May MF and residual values for a 2010 A4 Premium Plus for 36 months for both 10k and 12k miles? Thanks!
  • nomatternomatter Member Posts: 36
    njaudi1 look at post #3389 above.
  • njaudi7njaudi7 Member Posts: 7
    Actually I was looking for Quattro not FWD.
    thanks, i did read the info, was pretty helpful.

for a a4, premium plus, 2010, cvt model i am looking at 36month, 12k miles/yr lease. what is the money factor and residual value?

thnx.
    Is it 0.00008 or 0.0008?
    also, is the residual value 50% with or without audi care?

ref. 36m/12k/a4 prem plus

thnx.
  • davinciaudidavinciaudi Member Posts: 14
    Carman
    Do you know when 2011 pricing usually becomes available ?
    I am considering ordering a 2011 A5 based on 2010 pricing. As a result, I would not qualify for any incentives/rebates that are currently available, I am told!
  • davinciaudidavinciaudi Member Posts: 14
    Got the following offer, share you thoughts plse

2011 A4' premium +
    Nav, BO sound, prestige wheels, audi care
    12k per year, 42 months
    $2800 down
    $580 monthly
  • jlm2010jlm2010 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking at picking up an A4 2.0 quattro with the prestige package, 36 - 39 month, 15k.

Can anyone share any numbers with me (money factor, residual, etc.) so I know if I'm getting a good deal, or if I need to shop around.

Thanks!
    Carman/others,

I am getting the following deal:

2010 A4, premium plus CVT, with wood interior, Audicare and tinted windows on a 12,000 miles, 36 month lease:

Upfront cash - $ 7500
    $ 429/month

This is in Houston, TX.

Please advise if this makes sense. Thnx.
  • chaolanrenchaolanren Member Posts: 15
    edited May 2010
    hey guys, right now i am looking at a a4 2010
    quttro ,premium plus, navi, msrp 40375 bucks,
    i am looking for 3000 cap total fees.
    what monthly payment is a right number for me?
    36months lease, 10k a year
    i am in CA LA
  • jnyzjnyz Member Posts: 102
    It is hard to answer the above two questions without being told what the car is being sold to you for. Even though the car is going to be leased there is still a sale price. Just post the sale price a nd itemize the fees and someone will be able to give you a lease price.
  • chaolanrenchaolanren Member Posts: 15
    I beleive they are able to do a sale price at $36500.00
    audi4houston, that's terrible IMO.
    I got my 2010 premium plus quatro- manual 10k for 36mos
    $1500 out of pocket at 459/mo, tax included.

Each $1000 down is rough 30/month. So your 6k more down would bring your payments roughly down 180 below mine/month. Your at $30...
    where did u buy it at?
    for mine in houston these are the details:

msrp 36225
    disc 2000
    audicare 790
    tint 199
    doc fee 179
    tax 2290
    ttl 840
    dealer services 497
    net 39020

this is 2010 A4, premium plus, CVT, wood interior, 12k miles, 36 months, $ 7500 down payment. Dealer quoting 429/month.

Please advise.
    houston, i'm a little confused. looking at your numbers I don't see the 7500 down. All I see is the disc 2000? is that capcost reduction? If so where is the other 5500?

Incendently, there is a link somewhere above about not putting as little money down as possible in event of a crash/total loss. It's tough to get away without paying the title and stuff upfront.

good luck.
    2000 is the discount given by the dealer.

39020 - 7500 = 31250 is the cap cost.
    Here's the info that you're looking for, njaudi1. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A4 Premium Plus Sedan with quattro and 12,000 miles per year are .00025 and 49%, respectively.

If you were to lease this car with only 10,000 miles per year, its residual value would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome audi4houston.

Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A4 Sedan Premium Plus FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00019 and 47%, respectively.

Audi is actually providing a $750 cash incentive on this car right now to current owners of Audi, BMW, and Mercedes models. If you're eligible for it, make sure to take this cash into account during your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
    What you were told is correct, davinciaudi. 2011 models are not eligible for 2010 model programs. Despite the fact that BMW and Mercedes have already started introducing '11 models, I haven't seen anything about them from Audi yet. It could be several months before the '11s are available through it. It's difficult to say exactly when it will officially announce pricing.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to help you out, jlm2010. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A4 2.0 Sedan Prestige with quattro and 15,000 miles per year are .00025 and 42%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00045 and 41%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi audi4houston. Wow, $7,500 at lease signing :surprise: . Why so much? I usually advise consumers to pay as little as possible at lease signing. Consumers who make large down payments on leases risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

As far as how good a deal this is, it would be much easier for us to evaluate it if you provided us with this car's MSRP and selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given, and in turn if there is any room let to negotiate.

Car_man
    Host
    all details are in #3414 incl. msrp
  • autobot1autobot1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Carman,

I am leasing a 2010 A4 Avant Premium Plus with Nav, BO sound and Sport
    MSRP 44,555
    Buy 42,500
    42 months 12k a year
    $1500 drive off
    $629 a month with tax

Im in LA CA

Thanks
  • wtf_123wtf_123 Member Posts: 9
    When I leased my 2008 BMW X5 and 2007 BMW 328i, I was able to get a hold of a pricing sheet showing the invoice and markup for each trim level and option. Using those numbers and offering a minimal profit, I was able to negotiate very good prices.

Thus far, I've not seen one for the A4 wagons. I'm in So Cal and in the market for a well-equipped 2010 A4 wagon and am wondering if anyone has a lead on good pricing so I know how much to bargain for when I go into the dealerships.

Much appreciated.

Thanks.
  • talon4x4talon4x4 Member Posts: 21
    My finance lease is up July first so were looking for a car. We were thinking about the VW CC but I think I may have found a decent Audi Lease.

The details:
    2010 A4 2.0 Quattro (Premium package, heated seats, automatic)
    Sale price: $35,500
    10k miles/yr
    Money down: $2999 (first month, acq fee and $1999) + sales tax (8.75%)
    $379/month for 42 months

If I skip the $1999 they want would that just increase the monthly payment by $48??
    Talon,

What is the list price of the car? Then we can figure out the lease.
  • talon4x4talon4x4 Member Posts: 21
    List price is $36,500
    edited June 2010
    It seems your payment should be a little higher. Are you including the 8.75% tax in your payment? You also should be able to buy that car at invoice price, they have you paying about 1500 over invoice. I am getting a payment of 427.00 with sales tax included. So your 379 payment seems good.
    Talon,

This is a site you should check out? Only 2 dealers got back to me at that price.
    I see, audi4houston. Thanks. So the dealer is providing you with a $2,000 discount on the A4 Premium Plus Sedan that you're interested in. This car only has a spread of around $2,500 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price, so the $2,000 dealer discount looks very reasonable to me. I still don't like the large down payment though.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.