Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi newbye. Here you go.

Audi Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 A4 Sedan Premium quattro with 12,000 miles per year are .00112 and 57%, respectively .

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 A4 Sedan FrontTrak are .00069 and 56%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    I'd be happy to, hnet. Audi Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 A4 Avant Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00140 and 56%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi gchristo. You definitely should be able to negotiate a dealer discount on top of any available owner loyalty cash. The loyalty cash is being completely paid for by Audi. The car that you described probably has a spread of around $2,750 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. If I was in the market for one right now, I personally would shoot for a $2,000 or so dealer discount on top of the loyalty cash and see what happens.

Car_man
    Host
  • gchristogchristo Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for the direction Car Man. The actual spread on that vehicle was $2,587. I went in on the last day of the month and got a dealer contribution of $1500 on top of loyalty cash ($1,250) for a net cap cost of $38,648.22 and a res value of $22,786.40. MF of .00164 for a mo pmnt of $526 (with complimentary winter mats and window tinting). I am in snow country and they only have four 2011's on the lot, so I think I did okay?
  • tnoll001tnoll001 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man,

I'm looking to lease the following:

2011 Audi A4 Quattro Premium Plus Package (automatic), 12,000 or 15,000 miles.

What is the November money factor and residual value for both 36 and 42 months?

Also, is Audi Care worth the $790 upcharge?

Please advise -
    Thanks - glad to have found an unbiased resource to help me with my upcoming transaction!

tnoll001
    You're welcome, gchristo. I think that you did well. Enjoy your new ride...just in time for winter :).

Car_man
    Host
    Hi tnoll001. Here's the information that you're looking for. Audi Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 A4 Sedan Premium Plus with quattro and 15,000 miles per year are .00091 and 51%, respectively. I believe that the numbers for an otherwise identical 42 month lease are .00111 and 47%.

Normally I would advise consumers to pass on the pre-paid maintenance...but Audi Financial Services provides lessees with a 1% boost to their vehicle's residual value when they sign up for Audi Care so that helps offset the cost quite a bit.

Car_man
    Host
  • mmenardmmenard Member Posts: 68
    Hey carman:

Are the november rates different for the 2011 A4 Premium sedan Front Trak? 36 month lease at 12 000 miles? What would be the residual factor also?

Thanks!
  • msedillomsedillo Member Posts: 1
    I am looking at an 2011 A4 premium
    msrp 36960
    initial cap cost 35460
    LEV % is 49%
    money fact .00108
    want to include the 790 for the service package
    trade in allow 4500
    adjust cap cost 32883...

with a total monthy payment of 439.75 including sales tax... is that a good deal?
  • kaalmkaalm Member Posts: 1
    Hi
    Thank you all for sharing such a valuable information. Special Thanx to the host!
    I am looking for leasing an Audi A4 2009 or higher (with LED xenon head lights, moon roof and sports package with navigation, exterior color silver, black or red in this order with interior black).
    I am looking for a lease of about 24-36 months and I live in Dallas, TX area (less tax:))
    CAn you please tell me the approx per month I need to shell out from my pocket.
    Please tell me with $0 down and with $2000 option.

Thank you,
    PS: I am new to this forum and would appreciate if anyone can answer my queries

Thanx again
    Here's the latest info for you, mmenard.

Audi Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 A4 Premium Sedan Front Trak with 12,000 miles per year are .00048 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Don't forget that Audi is waiving the first month's payment on A4s this month.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome, kaalm. You mentioned that you are considering leasing a 2009 A4, correct? If so, this would be a used vehicle. I have found that manufacturers' lease programs on used vehicles are usually not nearly as attractive as their programs on new vehicles. That's because manufacturers provide a lot more lease support on new vehicles to pump up their sales totals. You definitely should compare the cost of leasing the used A4 that you are interested in with the cost of leasing a similar brand new one. The difference might be a lot less than you thought.

Car_man
    Host
  • leijleij Member Posts: 2
    Car_Man

Where did you see audi was offering first month payment on an A4 lease? I was at the dealer today, they said no such thing.

Anywho, I have Audi Supplier Program Access (6% off MSRP) invoice is around 7% so this is pretty good no hassle price. Is this good though should I argue under invoice at all?

A4 Premium Plus - Nav + B&O, I think they forgot Sports PKG but it says 0... not sure

53% residual, .00091 MF

Capitalized Cost: $ 39546.60 42015.00 MSRP minus discount
    Lease Price: $ 38046.60 minus $ 1500.00 down payment
    Residual Value: $ 20959.70 after 36 months
    Depreciation Fee: $ 474.64 part of lease payment
    Lease Fee: $ 53.70 part of lease payment
    Monthly Payment: $ 528.33 without tax
    Usage Tax: $ 46.23 8.75 % of 17086.90
    Total Monthly Payment: $ 574.56 What you pay
  • muse426muse426 Member Posts: 7
    Does this first pymt waiver expire dec 1 or does it carry to Jan 1?
    One other thing - pls confirm: for a California lease, money factor of .001 and residual of .52 on a 10k/36 mtg lease.

Thx so much!
  • wrekdgrafixwrekdgrafix Member Posts: 1
    Mr. Car_Man

Looking for premium plus numbers with or without nav.
    12k miles, 36month, white, so california tier one.

Thank you
  • tax_attytax_atty Member Posts: 24
    edited November 2010
    I was at a Audi dealer in NY today and was told the first month payment waiver will apply to December leases as well as leases this month (November).
    got a quote on a lease in early nov and was just back at the dealer recently. they said the program improved and so my payment went down a bit on a car with more equipment. now i'm questioning their credibility a bit.
    a4 premium plus 10k miles/36 month lease.
    originally i was on a car with an msrp of 36625/cap cost 34000 and using money factor of .001 the payment was 512.
    now it's msrp 38030/cap cost 35500. unknown money factor and the payment is 506.
    in both cases the residual is 52%.
    i'm aware of the first payment waiver. could you confirm the money factor in california, and could you confirm whether there is now additional factory incentive money?
    Hey leij. The payment waiver promotion is part of the "Season of Audi" sales event that is running right now. You can find the details of it on Audi's website. Its offers section varies by region, but this is a national promotion.

http://www.socalaudidealers.com/us_reg/region/socal/los_angeles/southern_califor- nia_audi_dealers.html

Car_man
    Host
    Hi muse426. The "Season of Audi" event, including the payment waiver offer, are scheduled to run through the end of the year.

The A4's money factors vary by trim level. Let me know which car you want and I'll be happy to confirm the numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Wrekdgrafix, Audi Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 A4 Sedan Premium Plus without quattro with 12,000 miles per year are .00048 and 51%, respectively. Whether the car has navigation or not has no impact upon its lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi muse426. Audi is not providing any new cash incentives on leases of the A4 that I am aware of. Please see my previous post for the lease program information that you are looking for.

Car_man
    Host
  • aitrus03aitrus03 Member Posts: 20
    Hi Carman,

I am looking for the December money factor and residuals on a 2011 A4 Premium Plus with CVT for 36months 12k miles. Is this the best lease term to go with on this vehicle? What are the December incentives, hold backs, etc available?
  • burg1961burg1961 Member Posts: 1
    My A4 Lease is up in Feb and my car needs new tires. I know there is a turn in fee that could be waived if we lease another audi. Does anyone have experience with negotiating a lease without replacing tires? I know the Season of Audi expires Jan 4, and there is no pull ahead, so I can't lease another until Feb. Has anyone had experience with that as well?
    Hi aitrus03. Audi Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Audi A4 Premium Plus Sedan without quattro with 12,000 miles per year are .00048 and 51%, respectively.

In December Audi is waiving the first month's payment on leases of this car. It is also providing $750 loyalty cash on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    can't believe it took me this long to figure out how to reply to you!
    audi a4 fronttrak premium plus.
    here's what i got quoted:
    cap cost 35,500
    10k per year 36 month lease.
    residual appears to be 55%. base payment is 436.79 monthly lease charge is 26.53. i'm having a hard time converting that to a money factor. the dealer told me they were giving me buy rate but it seems like the rate is marked up. i'm under the impression that the money factor is supposed to be .00048.

thanks so much for the help on this! i'm supposed to pick my car up before year end but if they are not being honest with me i'll walk away from the deal.
  • steviedosteviedo Member Posts: 2
    What is the money factor and residual for a lease right now late December on an A4 Automatic Premium Plus, with Bang & Olufsen stereo. 36 month, 10,000 miles/yr? Does it change much for 12,000miles?

If I have a corporate discount that allows me 6 % off the MSRP is that a good deal or should I try to go lower on the price.

thanks
  • tnoll001tnoll001 Member Posts: 2
    Steviedo -

I just picked up an A4 Premium Plus 2011 last week. I also get a 6% corporate discount - plus I got a $750 Loyalty credit and the dealer wiped off another $250. They applied the "Season of Audi" specials as well.

I think the corporate discount is a great benefit - but you might be able to wiggle a little more out of them.

BTW - LOVE my new car!!!

Good luck!
  • brit67brit67 Member Posts: 18
    What are December lease money factor and residual for 2011 A4 Quattro Premium Plus for 39 mo with 15,000miles/mo
    Thanks for the additional information, muse426.

Audi Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 A4 Sedan Premium Plus fronttrak with 10,000 miles per year are .00048 and 52%, respectively. As you can see, this money factor is right in line with what you suspected.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello steviedo. Audi Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 A4 Sedan Premium Plus without quattro with 12,000 miles per year are .00048 and 51%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

I'm not sure what sort of margins Audi has on its vehicles off of the top of my head. If I was in the market for this car, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 or so over dealer invoice. You can look up this car's exact invoice price over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi brit67. Audi Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 A4 Sedan Premium Plus with quattro and 15,000 miles per year are .00111 and 49%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • 335toa4335toa4 Member Posts: 1
    Had an odd experience at a local Audi dealership and then called a second dealership and received a more realistic offer. Can you help clarify a few things for me? Dealer #1: $39.5K A4 Quattro, Premium Plus, plus a few other options. 42 mo. lease with 10k miles, $732.00 per month with $3K of negative equity rolled into the deal. I walked out and was literally stunned that an A4 lease would be so high since they are advertising the $349/mo on a FWD car. He went over different money factors for both types of cars. I politely walked out.

Dealer #2 (over the phone): $39.5K car with same options as above: sales price $37K, payment of $2K down includes TTL in the $550 - $560 monthly lease rates. Still appears high but way more realistic. Residual is 51%. I believe the out the door price is around $38K with TTL. I will have more details this week.

Any advice is appreciated.
  • chamjinichamjini Member Posts: 1
    Hi, This will be first time getting an Audi for me, second time buying any car. So
    I would appreciate if someone can tell me if this is fair/ good deal.

I am trying to lease an 2011 Audi A4 FWD auto with Premium Plus
    MSRP $36,275
    36 months
    10,000 mile per year
    Drive off $1,700
    Monthly payment $452 including tax.

sorry I do not know residual % or money factor. Thanks in advance and Happy New Year to everyone!
  • steviedosteviedo Member Posts: 2
    Heres what I leased in Sioux Falls, SD.

A4 2.0 Premium Plus Quattro Tiptronic with B&O stereo, 18" 5 spoke wheels, chrome exhaust and walnut trim. Black/Black

MSRP $40,545
    less a 6% discount corporate and $750 loyalty
    Cap cost $37,625
    3yr lease 10k miles/yr
    Residual $21894 or 54%
    Money factor .00091
    $500 down and paid tax up front of $1200
    1st month payment free for the Season of Audi promotion
    payment $491.12/month

This seemed like a very good deal from my research. The loyalty and 1st month free promotions may not still be available after the 1st of the year.
  • mojuamojua Member Posts: 2
    May I please have the Jan '11 numbers for a new A4 Quattro P+, 36 months, 15k miles?

Thanks in advance!
    You certainly may, mojua.

Audi Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 A4 Sedan Premium Plus with quattro and 15,000 miles per year are .00109 and 55%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • mojuamojua Member Posts: 2
    Thank you very much. I ordered my car on 11/13/10. It was built in mid December, and should arrive sometime at the end of this month...still crunching numbers, and these are very helpful!
  • isles1isles1 Member Posts: 119
    Would you be so kind to post the money factor and residual for A4 Premium AND Premium Plus, both with a 36-month lease, 12K miles per year, Auto/Quattro and Audi Care.

Thank you.
    No problem mojua. I'm glad that I was able to help you out. I'm sure that you're anxiously counting the days until your new ride arrives.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to help you out, isles1. Audi Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 A4 Sedan Premium with quattro and 12,000 miles per year are .00109 and 64%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '11 A4 Sedan Premium Plus quattro are .00109 and 53%.

I believe that the addition of Audi Care bumps up vehicles' residual values by 1%.

Car_man
    Host
  • simmoja3simmoja3 Member Posts: 1
    Car_man -

Could you post current money factor and residual for an A5 Prestige, 12K/yr, 36 and 42 month leases?

Thanks!
  • awinnerawinner Member Posts: 27
    My 08' A4 lease is up at the end up june, but I got an email yesterday saying audi will pay up to 4 months worth of payments, plus up to $3k in loyalty rewards towards a new lease. How much of the reward do they actually give? I am hoping to get into another A4 and pay the same I was paying on my last lease, which was $0 drive off (sign and drive), and $390/month tax included for a prem. plus with chrome wheels...sound realistic to do it again?
  • chadlchadl Member Posts: 11
    Car man:

Got a lease quote from the Audi dealer for a 2011 A4 sedan premium plus with quattro for a 15,000 mile per year, 36 month lease. The Audi dealer is telling me the residual is 51% not 55%. Are they telling the truth?

Help!

Thanks again!
    Hi simmoja3. Ausi Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 A5 Coupe Prestige with 12,000 miles per year are .00151 and 49%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42 month lease are .00171 and 45%.

Car_man
    Host
    My mistake, chadl. The 51% number is indeed correct. The money factor that I mentioned is right on the money though. Sorry for any confusion.

Car_man
    Host
  • jrothen4jrothen4 Member Posts: 6
    I have been trolling around the Audi section looking for more information on leasing a A4. I am looking at leasing a 2011 A4 Prem+ w/nav in Las Vegas with 12k/36mo. I still have about 3 months of payments left on my 08 Acura TL before I pull the trigger.

I went in to my local Audi dealer, did a test drive, and "went over" some numbers. Needless to say, I ended up walking out as the quoted me around 669/mo for 12,000 36 month lease on a sticker price 40,850 A4. Seen I did not do my homework before I went in there and could not remember about asking for the mf and residual, they took me for a ride.

My question is, where do I find the current residual and mf for my area. I do not want to put more than 1500 down and need 12k/36mo. Do you think it would be reasonable to get this for under 520/mo?

Thanks in advance for all the help.
    I can help you out, jrothen4. Audi Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 A4 Premium Plus Sedan without quattro with 12,000 miles per year are .00068 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

If you provide me with the MSRP and approximate selling price of the car that you're interested in I would be happy to work up a sample payment on it for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • mrsedmmrsedm Member Posts: 2
    Looking into leasing a "2011 Audi A4 2.0T Premium 4dr Front-wheel Drive FrontTra, 12K miles per year, for a 36 month lease.. not sure I qualify for top tier but would be interested in finding out what the payment would be..

At a local southern California dealership
    MSRP is $36,625
    Invoice: $33,980

Thanks.
  • notsleepingnotsleeping Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man,

I'm currently considering a 36 or 48 mo. lease on a 2011 A4 Avant Premium Plus. I keep seeing the info for the various sedan configurations, but can you please post the MF/residual for the Avant this month? Thanks!

I'm negotiating on two particular cars, one MSRP $41,400 (in dealer inventory) and the other $40,575 (I'd have to order it, but this is configured exactly as I want it). I've got the selling price on the dealer inventory car down to $40,315, but I'd ultimately like to get into the $38500-$39000 range on the one equipped how I want it.

Thanks in advance for the lease figures and any possible sample payments. You're a huge help--know that your time and info here is much appreciated. :-)
  • triathlete77triathlete77 Member Posts: 12
    Hi CarMan
    You said Audi Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 A4 Premium Plus Sedan without quattro with 12,000 miles per year are .00068 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

I'm negotiating with few dealers in VA, NY, and NJ, on a 2011 A4 Prestige (Auto) and while my credit score is 800+ I've been told the money factor is set by AFS and it is 0.00109 for top tier. Is this accurate? I'm trying to close a deal by the end of the weekend.
This discussion has been closed.