Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• jerrynmnkjerrynmnk Member Posts: 8
    Got the Car. No Games.

2012 A4 Prem Plus 3 yr 12K/yr

ZERO out of pocket
    MSRP $40250

Lease $476/mo x 35mo (no 1st mo)
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi smee17. Audi Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 48-month lease of a 2012 A4 2.0 Sedan Premium with quattro and 15,000 miles per year are .00179 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I would be happy to use this lease program to work up a sample payment for you, but in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with an approximate selling price for the vehicle that you're interested in.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • mightymike338mightymike338 Member Posts: 2
    MSRP:42600
    2012 a4 premium plus with a few extras

3 year 15000 mile lease, audi care also

$662 mo w/ $1607 at start. audi makes 1st payment up to $600.

car trade in 10000

car wouldn't be in till nov(dealer trade) so i would have to put a deposit down and plans change in nov

please help... im thinking a no deal, any suggestions would help, if more info needed please reply
  • mankumanku Member Posts: 76
    A good rule of thumb on leasing is the 1% rule, which means your monthly payment should be around 1% of the msrp of the vehicle ASSUMING nothing down. It should include all fees except registration etc...

For example, I lease a 2008 A4 convertible for $441/month including CA tax (8.75%) back in 2008...it had a MSRP of just over 45K...my drive off was around 850 (1st month, dmv)...so I was actually less than 1%...which is extremely rare.

You are close to 1.4%, which is dreadful...furthermore, NEVER put down a deposit down on a car as common as an A4! You can actually lease a 2011 E350 for less than your quote - a 55k+ car.

My current lease is for a 2011 A4 Avant...MSRP of 39500...I got Audicare too...my monthly works out to 436 before tax...so about 1.1% which is solid.
  • rjorge3rjorge3 Member Posts: 144
    Hey Jerry, where did you get that deal....I am being quoted $525 (starting neg just emailing back and forth) for a 2012; Premium Plus, Quattro, Manual with only Nav and sport package, it is White (no cost paint); 12k miles and I requested no cap cost red in the quote, but they have not gotten back to me about the other fees. I am in the NY tri-state area.

So, you gave nothing down (for fees?) nada? That seems like a great price, heck, I guess I dont even have to bring my check book then...
    Rjorge,

$525 doesn't sound bad with Nav & sport pak. Mine has neither but does have metallic paint.
    I live in S. NJ (Philadelphia area).
    Only other thing is that I had $750 loyalty from Audi so you would probably be in the $500 range anyway.

Cherry Hill Imports, Cherry Hill, NJ

Jerry
    Just to add my input to this discussion.

Yes, the residual & money factor are both important factors when considering a lease deal. But, & this is a big but...they are both set by the bank/finance company and in most, if not all cases, are NON-NEGOTIABLE. The money factor can changes based on your credit rating, but you can't negotiate it. The residual is based on the term of the lease & mileage, also non negotiable.

Therefore the only things you can negotiate on your lease deal, just like on a buy, is the selling price of the car, and maybe some additional fees. That is the price that the residual will be subtracted from to leave the amount that the money factor will be applied to to come up with your monthly payment.

My deal was good (I think) because I negotiated a great selling price(below invoice) on the vehicle and the dealeragreed to absorb some of the fees that I could have been responsible for like bank fees, registration, doc fees, etc. I had no control over the residual & money factor. They remained constant at every dealer I went to(4 of them)...

At todays money factors a couple of thousand $$$ difference in price could translate to $60 less per month.

hope this helps.

Jerry
  • mightymike338mightymike338 Member Posts: 2
    thank you for you reply.. i was wondering how you figured out that percent? i got several quotes from other dealers in the Detroit metro area and their deal were 600-700 dollars a month... which is very dreadful...if you have any tips, suggestions. i would greatly appreciate it..
  • peekay1peekay1 Member Posts: 74
    Hi jerrynmnk:

Can you send me the details of this lease? I'm looking to lease an A4 Quattro Premium with style pkg, convenience pkg, and heated seats in Nashville, TN (I'm assuming an 8.0% tax rate) for 36 months/15k miles. The MSRP on this combination is $38,025. I've agreed upon a price of $35,275 ($2,750 less than MSRP), and that brings my payments to $534/mo. Nowhere near the great deal you got for a more expensive car. Here are my calculations:

MSRP = $38,025
    MF = 0.00151
    Residual = 56% ($21,294)
    Tax = 8.0%
    Acq. Fee = $695
    Agreed Price = $35,275
    Net Cap Cost = $35,970 ($35,275+$695)

Depreciation = (Net Cap Cost - Residual) / Term
    $407.67 = ($35,970 - $21,294)/36

Finance fee = (Net Cap Cost + Residual ) × Money Factor
    $86.47 = ($35,970 + $21,294) x 0.00151

Pre Tax payment = $407.67 + $86.47 = $494.14
    Payment (incl 8% tax) = $533.67

I think my calculations are pretty sound. So my questions are: what was your agreed upon price, what residual value and money factor did you get? What is your tax rate? I feel like the price I've negotiated is pretty good, who knows, maybe I can do better? Thanks for your help.
  • scuscu Member Posts: 1
    Hey Car Man,

I was hoping you could assist me with residual, money factor and payment on an Audi A4-Premium Plus (automatic) with GMBH Wheels and Navigation. The MSRP is $42,250 but I should be able to negotiate the price of the car to $40,756. I am looking for a 39 month lease with either 10K or 12k mileage.

Thank you
  • cps2010cps2010 Member Posts: 6
    Car Man,

Can you please provide residuals and money factor for 2012 A4 Premium Plus and also Prestige - 15K for 36 and 48 months.

Thanks,

CPS2010
  • rxkerxke Member Posts: 168
    Hi
    I received a quote of $523 (includes NY tax of 7.375%) for 12,000/39 months.
    MSRP: $38,580 / Invoice: $35,942 /Sale price: $36,300 + tax and fees.
    Residual: 56%/Money factor: .00171
    Total due at delivery: $1,918.59

Is this a good deal? Your help is always appreciated.
    Thanks
  • marker70marker70 Member Posts: 12
    Hi Car Man,

can you please give me the Oct MF and Residual % for a 2012 A4 Avant Quattor with premium plus. I'm looking for a 3 yr lease and 15k per year.

Thanks in advance.
  • lt1mikelt1mike Member Posts: 1
    Where does a trade-in or down payment come in when you look at Peekay1's calculations above?

Thanks for the help.
    Mike
  • dilberticdilbertic Member Posts: 63
    Hi Car Man,

My lease is about to run out on my Audi A4. The End of lease shows 22,680 online. I talked to Audi Services the phone and they said if I buy the car I will be charged a 350.00 Admin fee, not turn in fee for buying the car. Does this sound right? I also asked the dealer, Audi Directly and Audi Services about my supplier discount. When I leased the car my 6% discount didn't apply, only 3% towards the leased price. So now that I am buying the car at the end of the lease I asked all of the above if the remaining 3% discount would apply and no one seems to have the answer.

I am getting a very bad taste in my mouth from the whole end of process and Audi services trying to sell me a extended warranty if I buy the car through them!!

Thanks,

Dil
  • mikeeaumikeeau Member Posts: 5
    i am at the end of my current 36 mo. lease and have been negotiating for a new A4 lease. I noticed that they are quoting the fee for audicare now @ $800 and the acq fee @ $695. My old (< 3yrs ago) lease i paid $650 and $575 respectively. these seem like huge increases. are they set? is there any room to negotiate?
    I'd be happy to help you out, scu. Audi Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 A4 Sedan Premium Plus quattro with 12,000 miles per year are .00171 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey cps2010. Audi Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A4 Sedan Premium Plus quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00151 and 56%, respectively for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48-month lease are .00179 and 49%.

The numbers for the '12 A4 Sedan Prestige quattro are .00151 / 52% and .00179 / 45%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey rxke. This looks like a good deal to me. The selling price that you were quoted is only a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice and the money factor is in-line with AFS' buy rate for this model. If you like the car...go for it.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to help you out marker70. Audi Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A4 Avant Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00142 an 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi dilbertic. Unfortunately, the fact that you qualify for Audi's Supplier Purchase Program will not entitle you to any discount when you purchase your leased vehicle at the end of its term.

The $350 admin fee to purchase your vehicle at lease-end doesn't surprise me all that much. Many banks charge such a fee. I said that I wasn't surprised, but that doesn't mean that I find fees like this annoying. I personally can't stand disposition or purchase option fees.

Car_man
    Host
  • nualakerr1nualakerr1 Member Posts: 9
    I was hoping you could tell me if this is a good deal or not.

I just got a quote for a 2012 Audi A4 2.0 TFSI® Premium Plus with eight-speed Tiptronic® transmission and quattro® with the below specs for $500 per month + tax for a 36 month lease 10,000 miles per year with zero down. I would have to pay the title, tags, tax etc.

This is for a car dealership in the Boston area.

Black exterior and Black interior
    5 spoke tires
    Audi navigation
    Rear side airbags
    Rear acoustic parking sensors

Do you think this was a good deal or should I have negotiated lower? The MSRP on this vehicle is $42,675.
    Hi nualakerr1. It would be easier for us to evaluate this deal if you were able to provide us with this car's selling price. the selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is more difficult to tell how large a discount you are being given and in turn if there's any room left to negotiate.

Car_man
    Host
  • ahdannaahdanna Member Posts: 52
    Hi Car_man,

Can you give me the A4 Avant Premium and Premium plus Residual/MF for Nov for 36 month/36K? If there are any better lease offers (39 month, etc.) please include that as well.

Thanks again!
    Anthony
  • joshdsjoshds Member Posts: 3
    Hi car man,

Can you give me the November rates for a 2012 Audi A4 Premium Quattro for 36 months with 10K and 12K miles? Are there any rebates and incentives right now?

For an A4 premium quattro auto transmission with style, technology package and heated front seats MSRP $38025, invoice $35,425, is $36000 a good price to target?

Thanks,
    Josh
  • ahdannaahdanna Member Posts: 52
    Josh - i just came from an audi dealer in central NJ and he told me that they will go $1,400 UNDER INVOICE for A4 Sedans and $1,000 under invoice for Avant's.

Anthony
  • theeegodtheeegod Member Posts: 53
    Hey jerry,

I am in jersey as well and looking at the same car.

Who did you deal with at cherry hill imports? Was the negotiating done in person or via phone or email? Also, did you have to really negotiate hard or were they pretty reasonable?

Thanks!
    Hi Anthony. Audi Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 A4 Avant Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00125 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an Avant Premium Plus are exactly the same.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Josh. Audi Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A4 Sedan Premium quattro with 12,000 miles per year are .00133 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

As far as cash incentives go, Audi is waiving the first month's payment on leases of this car right now. There's a $750 owner loyal cash incentive on leases on top of that.

Car_man
    Host
  • friguy3friguy3 Member Posts: 9
    I think I just got a good deal...but seems others may have better...?

Premium with conveniencepackage

34k...1500 down (taxes and all that, nothing DOWN) makes it 474/mo

The plus he said would be about 54/no more and wanted to keep it under 500. Ideas?

Hevtriedbto show me abdeal with 3600 down...butbi dont want to put any downThanks!
  • friguy3friguy3 Member Posts: 9
    I asked about the premium plus...nothing down. Said that deal is impossible. Can't go for less than 530. Id be willing to go to cherry hill (I'm in central nj) if it means a better deal.
    I got this....for zero down (well $1,152 which includes tags, taxes etc. and includes first months payment) for 36 months and 10k miles per year for $496 per month plus tax. The MSRP for the car was $42,000.

Bernardi Audi in Natick, MA (pick the car up this Friday!)

Audi A4 2.0 TFSI(r) Premium Plus with eight-speed Tiptronic(r) transmission and quattro(r) with the below specs (MSRP $42,605)
    5 spoke tires
    Audi navigation
    All-weather mats
  • bq5bq5 Member Posts: 1
    Hey Car man,

I am looking to lease a 2012 A4 in Miami, premium with style and convenience package. They are telling me $500/month(Tax included) for a 36 month lease. Is this a reasonable price or should I expect something lower then that a month?

Thanks,

Brian
  • samuel17samuel17 Member Posts: 9
    I have 9 months to go on my 2010 A4 Quattro 36 month lease. The dealer is offering to pay my remaining payments and put me into a 2012 A4 Premiun Quattro, convenience package, heated seats, Monsoon Gray, with the following lease offer:

$1280 total out of pocket
    $443.89 monthly for 36 months includes 12K miles and tax
    Residual 57%, MF .00143

I had planned on keeping the car to lease-end and possibly buying, but I am close to needing 4 new tires, and am wondering if this offer seems good enough to change my plan. Thanks for any comments
    I went to the dealership in person since I live close by. I am also a repeat customer so I got the $750 loyalty.
    Call them & speak to the GM. They are pretty easy to deal with and very accomodating.
    Good luck...
    Jerry
  • nickr1nickr1 Member Posts: 51
    Audi A4 Quattro (no nav)2012 Premium Plus New York

Dealer 1:
    Sale Price $39,100
    MF .00153
    residual: $23,898
    Term 42 months
    Up Front: $2,180
    Monthly: $499

Dealer 2:
    Sale Price: 36,925
    42 months
    10,000 miles
    Up Front: $4,133
    Monthly: $315

This means in realty over the 42 month period I would pay a total of:

Dealer 1: $23,138

Dealer 2: $17,363

No I notice that many people here write in and ask for the MF and Residual as if it's a thing that changes all the time and as if it matters. The only thing that matters is the price of the car and the total amount of money you give the dealer over the entire lease period. These two dealers are close to each other and I'm sure if I brought the two quotes to both of them there would be an "oh, sorry, that's a mistake". Don't you love lease deals, not.
    These both sound like terrible deals - never pay that much up front for a lease. Only pay the tags, title, 1st months payment etc.

As I said in a previous post I just got an audi A4 2.0 TFSI® Premium Plus with eight-speed Tiptronic® transmission and quattro® with the below specs:
    5 spoke tires
    Audi navigation
    all-weather mats

for $496 per month for 36 months with 10k miles per year. Total due at signing is $1,152 including first months payment. The price of the car was $42,605.

Bernardi Audi in Natick, MA
    Thanks naulakerr1

But I'm confused, your deal appears to be much more expensive than the lower lease I was quoted. Now that may be because you have Nav and your sale price is much higher but still your lease cost looks high to me. At your $496 a month for 36 months plus your $1,152 due at signing means you are paying a total of $19,008 which is in effect $528 per month when added together.

My lease offer is $315 a month plus $4133 up front, so that's $17,363 for 42 months which is in effect $413 per month. So even if you account for your Nav your purchase price looks way too high and your monthly looks too high even factoring in 36 month lease with a 42 month lease. Do you see what I mean?
  • just1nycjust1nyc Member Posts: 11
    Car Man can you please post the november lease rates for the 2012 Audi A4 premium plus model. Thanks
    Sounds like a pretty good deal. Are they waiving the first months payment or is that only on the Premium model?
  • rbergmandcrbergmandc Member Posts: 16
    Hey Car_Man ! I'm back.. 3 years later, ready for my next audi.

spoke to my dealer today.. here's the deal?

A4 Premium, with convenience and style packages, as well as heated seats and mats.
    Price of the car: 36,700
    12k a year.. he wants ~1400 down (1st month, acq fee (bs), doc fee)
    he's gonna pay my last month of my current lease (553) and i still have to make one payment (two left) and i know theres 750 loyalty

Monthly nut with taxes rolled in: $523

Waddya think !

THanks in advance !
    RLB
    Hi Brian. If you provide me with the MSRP and dealer invoice price of the exact car that you are interested in, I would be happy to work up a sample lease payment on it for you. You can find this pricing data over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Let me know and I'll crunch some numbers.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go just1nyc. Audi Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Audi A4 Sedan Premium Plus without quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00126 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome back rbergmandc. Is $36,700 this car's MSRP or selling price. It would be helpful to have both figures for the purpose of evaluating this deal. Not only are both necessary to calculate a lease payment, but they will also show me how large a dealer discount you are being given.

Car_man
    Host
  • aal2012aal2012 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2011
    Car_man,

Could you please post the November residual and money factor for the Prestige with Quattro models?

Here's what I was quoted (and it seems a little high...):

MSRP: $46,150
    Selling Price/Cap Cost: $44,219
    Money Factor: .00195
    Residual: 53% (12K miles = 2% Bump)
    Payment: $751.08

If those are indeed right, could you also add in the Premium Plus numbers? I may want to respec one of those instead of the Prestige to get the better residual...

Thanks in advance for your help, and thanks in general for having a forum like this. It makes car buying a much calmer and saner experience...
    Car man, it's so incredibly frustrating to me to see all these people here ask you for the MF and residual, why do you know it and no one else ever does, is it a secret, why don't they ask the Audi dealer they are going to? Why does it change all the time, why is it different from dealer to dealer in the same state for the same car? Why does knowing a certain MF and residual still result in an over priced car with monthly payments that are higher than other deals with different or worse specs?

I see deal prices here that are outrageously high and people act like they got a good deal. Why is it for a 36 month lease people are not adding up the total amount they give to the dealer to lease the car for 36 months? I don't care what the MF and residual is if the total you are paying is too high compared to other people's deal. There is a guy on this site who said my numbers were a terrible deal, yet he was paying more and people are congratulating him, you people don't all have rose colored glasses on do you?

I give up, none of this makes sense. Somehow people have it in their head if their numbers "look good" the deal is good when the only thing that matters is the total cost to you for 36 months. When you buy a car there's a bottom line price you pay until the car is fully yours, with a lease it's the same thing, you can look at the total from day one and say "this is what I'm going to pay total in the end" and yet that seems to be the one thing you and everybody else here doesn't look at. Why is that?
    Nick, the people on here are asking for money factors and residuals to see if the dealer is marking anything up without telling them. Also, people want to know if a manufacturer is offering good lease deals and to get a decent deal the money factor should be low and the residual high which im sure you know. If a person who may be interested in a car finds the residual too low or MF too high they may change their mind before they even set foot in the dealership. Hope this clarifies things for you a little.
    By the way the deal you got at the second dealer is a very good deal but youre better off not putting so much up front and pay a little more per month
  • ibslatesibslates Member Posts: 10
    I agree--this seems high. You can get an A6 premium plus for low to mid 800s and this is a much nicer car.
  • ibslatesibslates Member Posts: 10
    I agree. At the end of the day, you must consider the total up front and payment. However, the residual, MF, and cap cost are what determine your lease payment. Knowing this will help you determine what cars are leasing well in relation to each other as well as a reasonable starting point for negotiations. Where I live, we do not have the luxury of several dealers of the same brand. Therefore I must have a good idea of what I think the market for a lease payment should be.
This discussion has been closed.