Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• sailfastersailfaster Member Posts: 1
    Hey Car Man,

I'm looking at a A4 Premium Plus with navigation and received the following quote; money factor seems high to me. What do you think of this deal?

MSRP: $44K
    Sale Price: $42,108
    Money Factor: .00167
    Residual with Audi Care .59
    10K p/y for 36 months
    Zero down; $639 monthly payment

thx!
  • pdao1pdao1 Member Posts: 2
    Hey Carman,

New college graduate and is looking for a lease on an audi. Was quoted this from a dealer in north jersey:

395/month for 10,000 miles per year.
    Residue: $21186
    $1438 total due at lease signing (for bank fees and tax).

What do you think? Thanks in advance.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Thanks chiquita. You're very welcome!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi landy216. Through January 5th, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00126 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00126 and 53%.

The residual value for lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Whether it is better to go with the lower or higher mileage allowance depends upon a couple of variables, including the difference in payments between 12k and 15k, the charge per-mile for going over, and how far over your allowance you believe you will go.

Car_man
    Host
    I'm glad that we were able to help you save so much money, rtcprn. Congratulations on getting your new car. Enjoy!

Car_man
    Host
    You are absolutely correct, fastsvo. The higher the residual value is, the lower the payment will be.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi johnnyjuice. Through January 5th, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A4 Sedan Premium Plus FWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00126 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    You're right, sailfaster, the money factor that you were quoted is slightly high. AFS' current 36-month buy rate is .00126 for the FWD and .00133 for the quattro.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on graduating pdao1. An Audi is certainly nicer than the Nissan that I leased when I first graduated ;). That was a long time ago though :).

Do you happen to know this car's MSRP and selling price? The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number it is much more difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there is any room left to negotiate. Let us know and we'll tell you what we think.

Car_man
    Host
  • pdao1pdao1 Member Posts: 2
    Carman,

MSRP is 43,075. I got them down to $42,000 and even when I walked away, they won't move on the price.

Thanks in advance.
  • stuartgene53stuartgene53 Member Posts: 2
    Through January 5th, what is Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A6 Sedan 3.0T Quattro Prestige AWD with 12,000 miles per year for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier?

I am interested in the 18" sport package, Innovation and Cold Weather packages. My intent is to put no money down, other than for the maximum number of MSD and the prepayment of the sales tax....

Am I approaching this smartly or might there be a better way?

I'm on a very tight time table please advise.
  • basamxbasamx Member Posts: 17
    This isn't an A6 thread.
  • doctorwilldoctorwill Member Posts: 2
    Looking to lease an A4 Premium Plus...Need your input...

MSRP: 43,725
    SellPrice: 41,535.25

36 month lease with no money down 15,000miles/year Tier0/1 credit

$704.75/month

Note: I live in Maryland

Any advice appreciated?

Will
  • wollardmwollardm Member Posts: 2
    When do the new lease money factor & residual rates come out, since the January 5th offer has expired? Am shopping a 2012- A4 Premium Plus, 36 mo. lease with 10k miles per year & have a friends & family certificate. Also am going to purchase the Audi care prepaid maintenance. Figured the payment at ~$550/mo with the previous offer numbers, hoping the new rates will keep me close.
    Thanks,
    Thanks for the additional information pdao1. The car that you are interested in probably has a spread of slightly less than $3,000, say $2,700 to $2,800, between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price.

The $1,000 discount that you were quoted isn't really anything to write home about. If I was in the market for this car, I personally would be gunning for another $1,000 or so off and see what happens.

Car_man
    Host
    edited January 2012
    Hi stuartgene53. Just in case you are still interested, Audi Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A6 Sedan 3.0T Prestige quattro with 12,000 miles per year are .00089 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

You are being smart in not wanting to put any money down, other than MSDs.

You should negotiate as low a selling price as possible and then have the dealer work up a payment using that.

Please post any future questions that you have about the A6 over in the A6 Lease Questions discussion. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi wollardm. Audi's new January lease program is out. Audi Financial Services' new buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A4 Sedan Premium Plus without quattro with 10,000 miles per year are .00072 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • rahulgrahulg Member Posts: 28
    Hi Car Man
    Can you pls also specify the Jan rate and residual for A4, Premium Plus and Quattro. Also can you pls compare it with Dec rate so I can check if dealer is supposed to price better or worse than the quotes I was getting in Dec. We are planning to negotiate with the dealer tomorrow so any prompt guidance from you would help us negotiate a good deal as somehow I havent got one honest audi dealer in tristate NY / NJ area.
  • wollardmwollardm Member Posts: 2
    Thanks car man, any idea on the premium plus quatro rates? I believe I qualify for top tier credit so that rate would apply. Thx
  • texastiger0531texastiger0531 Member Posts: 2
    I just got back from the Audi dealership with the following offer

MSRP: 42,850
    Price: 39,500 (hopefully- I'm going back Monday to finalize)
    Residual (36 mo): 56%
    money factor: .0022

A4 premium plus quattro w/ sport package, navigation & keyless start

Is this a good deal/ am I getting hosed on the money factor? This is my first lease...
  • rahulgrahulg Member Posts: 28
    Hello
    This is a good discount, what is the monthly payment (incl tax) and cash at signing they are asking for this deal?
  • texastiger0531texastiger0531 Member Posts: 2
    The monthly payment (depending in the final price) would be around $515. Money down would be my trade in ~5k equity. I saw others post about .0013 money factor for the Quattro. I actually have the car for a weekend test drive and absolutely love it! They have less expensive models on the lot- but of course I can't imagine giving this one back!
  • bellacbellac Member Posts: 1
    Looking for some input please?

2012 audi a4 premium plus with sport pkg with Navi (California with top credit)
    MSRP 43,155
    Neg. 41,000
    MF .0011
    Residual 54%
    36 mo/ 15k miles
    $3000 down
    $528 +tax

Whats a cash cap reduction? That's listed as $1865

Thank you for any helpful info :)
  • jixjix Member Posts: 1
    Looking for input please...

Quattro Premium with Heated Seats, Convenience and Style Package and Wooden inlays, Mats etc

MSRP: $38765
    Residual : $ 22100
    36 mo/10K
    5000 Down

$375 per month

Dealer told they are on $34900 to get to above number
    Hi rahulg. Audi Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A4 Premium Plus quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00098 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I believe that this money factor is a little better and this residual value is a little worse than what was available in December.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome wollardm. Please see my previous post (#3969) for the information that you're looking for.

Car_man
    Host
  • foffofoffo Member Posts: 24
    Car man, do you know the residual and money factor on a primuim plus for 36 and 42 months on 12000 miles.
    Thanks in advance
  • spursfanaticspursfanatic Member Posts: 3
    Those are the figures used in the lease I closed today.

1000 down
    +TTL
    +Bank
    +800 maintenance pre-paid
    $425/mo

Quattro, Automatic, Premium, Convenience Package, Style Package, Heated Seats, All weather mats.
  • kevin83kevin83 Member Posts: 2
    I've negotiated a below invoice lease deal on a 2012 A4 Premium FWD (with convenience, style, and heated seats) putting $700 down and paying $397 per month (tax included). I'm still wavering though because I really wanted navigation, which isn't an upgrade option on the Premium.

I know it's tough to answer, but roughly how much more can one expect to pay per month on the Premium Plus with navigation vs. the Premium?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,191
    I don't have an exact answer for you, but I do know that the Premium Plus model has lower residuals than the Premium... So, you'll be paying more to lease the car, then even more for the extra cost of the NAV...

So... the difference is likely to be substantial... So much so, that I doubt you'd find it worth the extra cost...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• chiri1chiri1 Member Posts: 3
    Hello Car Man: I a looking to lease an A4 Quattro Automatic with Premium Plus and Audi Advanced Key 10k for 36 months. The price I am getting for the dealer is 620 with 0 downpayment (40200 MSRP) However when I run my numbers (using average market price) This is what I get:
    Price 38500
    Market Factor 0.00125(IS this right)
    Residual=56%
    Payment 515.
    Two Questions:
    Is 515 realistic and achievable
    What is the money factor and residual for this car these days?
    Thanks a lot
    Hi foffo. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A4 2.0 Premium Plus without quattro with 12,000 miles per year are .00072 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease are .00092 and I believe 50%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi chiri1. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A4 2.0 Sedan Premium Plus quattro is only .00098 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier, not .00125. The residual value that you were quoted is correct.

This car's lease payment will vary depending upon what selling price you are being given. For example a $1,000 dealer discount would result in a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $501.

A $2,000 dealer discount would drop the payment to around $472.

Car_man
    Host
  • keitaroukeitarou Member Posts: 45
    Hi Carman,

What is the residual and MF for a 2012 A4 Prestige Sedan 2.0 quattro for a 24 Month and 36 Month for 15K miles?

And do you think the changes in the 2013 model is enough to wait for the new model year?

Thanks for everything.
  • dbledmndk2dbledmndk2 Member Posts: 16
    Car Man - I don't know how you know all of the information you share on here, but thanks for being so helpful and for giving new lessees like me some perspective so we don't get hosed.

Can you share the current money factor and residual for an A4 Premium Plus - Quattro & Automatic? Miles would be 10,000 for either a 36 or 42 month lease.

Is there any difference between a Premium Plus vs a Premium with Convenience/Style/Heated Seats? MSRP $38,850 vs $41,000

Thanks in advance!
  • spencermfispencermfi Member Posts: 42
    edited February 2012
    Hi Car Man,

Wondering about the Feb residual/money factor for A4 Premium Sedan without Quattro, 12,000 miles/year for 36 mos.

Thanks!
  • aspocaspoc Member Posts: 4
    Hi -

Wondering if I am getting a good deal here for a lease:

A4 Premium Plus
    with Navigation
    upgraded B&O sound
    57% Residual
    .00098 LMF

36-month, 10k annually, top credit

$2,000 down, $515 monthly ?
  • divedog1divedog1 Member Posts: 1
    I am about to enter a lease for a new 2012 Audi A4, Premium Plus trim, with Quattro AWD.  

I could really use your help in determining whether or not it is a good deal.  

Here is the info:

Negotiated final price: 33,769 (includes 1,000 reduction for loyalty)
    Residual: 20,857
    Money Factor: .00108
    Down payment: 5,883
    Term: 36 months
    Mile program: 15,000

= monthly lease $334.  
  • dbledmndk2dbledmndk2 Member Posts: 16
    Divedog - I am not the expert on here, but how did you get such a low negotiated final price?

MSRP is around $41k so with loyalty that's over 15%! I can't get the dealers up here in the Boston area to even discount 5%.

Any secrets you can share?
  • mastersat77mastersat77 Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

I'm am wondering if someone can help me with MF and Residual Value on the following car for Feb 2012

A4 Avant
    Premium Plus
    Sport
    BO
    Advanced Key
    15/36mo.
  • normiesnormies Member Posts: 9
    Hi Car Man,

If you would be so kind, could you please provide me with the feb residual/money factor for an A4 Prestige Sedan w/ Quattro, 15,000 miles, 36 mos?

I'm also going to post a request in the Q7 forum because we are looking at leasing an A4 and Q7 and are hoping to be able to get an even better deal if we leverage leasing 2 at once.

We are way over mileage on our Nissan and am hoping Audi would buy it out and would rather put the money towards an Audi.

Thank you very much,

Brett
  • soapdish616soapdish616 Member Posts: 31
    edited February 2012
    A4 FrontTrack Premium
    +Metallic Color
    + Connivence Pack
    +Style Pack

Sell Price: $34250 (including dest)
    Drive off: $0
    Monthly: $515.60 (i also qualified for the $1000 competitor rebate applied against fees up front)

Good deal?
  • spagballspagball Member Posts: 20
    Car Man,
    Could you provide the numbers for quattro Preimium Plus A/T + Nav + Adv Key + air bags? 10K. Thanks.
    Hi keitarou. Audi Financial Services' February buy rare lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 A4 Sedan Prestige FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00072 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00072 and 48%.

The redesigned 2013 A4 will likely be a better vehicle than the current generation, however it will also probably initially be more expensive as well.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome dbledmndk2. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Audi Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A4 Sedan Premium Plus quattro with 10,000 miles per year are .00098 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease are .00118 and 53%.

I am not intimately familiar with what the packages on the A4 include, but you should be able to find out over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi spencermfi. Audi Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A4 Sedan Premium without quattro with 12,000 miles per year are .00072 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to help you out Brett. Audi Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A4 Sedan Prestige quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00098 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    I can help you out mastersat77. Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A4 Avant Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00107 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi spagball. Audi Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A4 Sedan Premium Plus quattro with 10,000 miles per year are .00098 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • spencermfispencermfi Member Posts: 42
    Thanks Car_man!
This discussion has been closed.