Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• acshankaracshankar Member Posts: 5
    Hi All,

I recently closed a deal for an A4 Premium Plus Quattro with Sports Pkg and Audi Advanced Key.

The MSRP of the car is$41,155

Negotiated Selling Price: $39,180
    Additional Rebate: $1000 (Because my household has a new Infiniti as well)
    Audi Care: $800 (rolled in)
    Residual: 56%
    MF : .0015 (I think somewhere around there. First time buyer on a Visa in US)
    Term: 39 months
    Down: 1500 (including first month payment)

Monthly: $570 (including TTL)

How good or bad did I do?
  • spagballspagball Member Posts: 20
    Big thanks!
  • acshankaracshankar Member Posts: 5
    Oh and the mileage is 10,000/year
  • mastersat77mastersat77 Member Posts: 2
    Hello, Can I negotiate the Lease return fee for my New Audi, that I may incur if I don't repurchase another car from them???
  • audibuyer53audibuyer53 Member Posts: 10
    I mean, but look he's paying almost 6 GRAND down! on a lease! it comes out to 17,907.
  • mehrenmehren Member Posts: 1
    Car Man - can you tell me what the current money factor and residual is for the lease of a 2012 Audi A4 quattro premium plus sedan for a 36 month lease with 15K miles per year? Any help is greatly appreciated.
  • dbledmndk2dbledmndk2 Member Posts: 16
    I get it now - I must have read the first post too quickly. That "negotiated final price" he listed must be inclusive of the huge down payment, which explains why it's about 15% below MSRP.

You're right Audibuyer - I'd never put that much down on a lease because if something happened and the car was totaled you'd lose out on whatever you've put down.
  • soapdish616soapdish616 Member Posts: 31
    Any thoughts on this deal?
  • rbwflwrbwflw Member Posts: 1
    What is the money factor and residual for a 2012 Audi A4 quattro sedan premium plus lease for 36 months and 15k miles?
  • audieddyaudieddy Member Posts: 52
    Carman,

Heard the audi loyalty rebate isn't valid on the is the avant? Is that correct?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're welcome spencermfi.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi mastersat77. Chances are that no you will not be able to get the bank that you are leasing through to waive your vehicle's disposition fee if you do not finance or lease another vehicle through them.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello mehren. Audi Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A4 Sedan Premium Plus quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00098 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi rbwflw. Audi Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Audi A4 Sedan Premium Plus quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00098 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey audieddy. I haven't heard that the Avant is excluded from the loyalty rebate. Did a dealer tell you that?

Car_man
    Host
    edited February 2012
    Carman thoughts on this deal? Oh the avant question was brought up another consumer, not a dealer, that told me that it wasn't eligible.

Here is the deal I was offered if I do it by end of month(tomorrow).let me know if you think it's good.

Premium plus, 6 spd manual quattro: Monsoon gray with sport pkg, b&o sound, dark wood inlay

Msrp: $40,900
    Selling price: $37,660 (not sure where this comes from, I get a slightly higher selling price when i back into it when I use monthly payment)

cash down: $1000+ dealer keeps loyalty rebate of $750= $1750
    Lease rate: .00098 or 2.35%
    Mileage/term: 15k per year/36 months
    Residual: 55% or $22,495
    Other fees: acquisition fee of $695, doc fee and plates $477, first month lease payment of $511=1683
    maintenance pkg: $800 ( bumps up residual 1%)
    monthly payment: $481 + tax of $30 or $511

Dealer is also taking in my 2010 a4 lease in 11 months early which has a payoff of $24200 and has 36300 miles or about 5k miles over prorated limit. He claims it is a wash for him, but I am trying to get him use part of this " trade in" to remove the 1k down. Kbb is giving a trade in value of $25800.
    For reference this is the deal I just signed tonight. for a Monsoo Gray, 6 spd with wood, sport pkg, 5 star GMBH wheels and B&O sound.

Msrp: $40,900
    Selling price: $36000 (includes dealer keeping loyalty rebate of $750)
    Out of pocket: $1000
    Lease rate: .00098 or 2.35%
    Mileage/term: 15k per year/36 months
    Residual: 55% or $22,495 (bumped up 1% due to Maint Pkg)
    Acquisition fee of $695, doc fee and plates $477, first month lease payment of $500 and maintenance pkg of $800 rolled into lease
    Monthly payment: $470 + tax of $30 or $500

The only other quote I got from another dealer was $623 ($123 higher) a month. The low selling price may be partly becuase I turned in a very attractive lease car (2010 A4 premium with 36k), but no dealer I spoke to was giving me any credit for being rightside up, everyone was saying it was just a wash.

For kicks I called a BMW dealer and without much negotiation got 36m/15k lease quote for a 2011 328ix with MSRP of $42100 for a rate of $505 with only 1K out of pocket. Pretty sure with more homework I could havegotten at least another $60 off or 2k lower selling price. But love the A4 so stayed with Audi.
  • wchancewchance Member Posts: 2
    Hello Car_man

Thanks in advance for you help , I am looking for a good deal on the following leases.

Audi A4 Premium Quattro 36 month lease with 10k miles what should be the money factor and residual for top credit tier?

and

Audi A3 Premium TDI 36 month lease with 10k mules what should be the money factor and residual for top credit tier?

Cheers1
  • shkhshkh Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,

I'm trying to lease an A4 Premium model with A/T (base front wheel drive without any additional options).

What's the current lease like on this model for 10,000 miles per year for 36 months? I'm interested in both 0 down or 2500 down.

Also, when you say residual is 54% for example, is this 54% of actual MSRP before discount or after discount?

Thanks in advance!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    54% of actual MSRP

MSRP is MSRP.. That has nothing to do with selling price...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jg22jg22 Member Posts: 3
    I am looking to lease an A4 automatic. base model, no options or extras. i believe the MSRP is around 34-35k. i want $0 down $0 due at signing, all fees, taxes etc rolled up into my monthly payments. i have been getting quotes between $415-$440+ tax per month on 15k mi/yr @36 mos. does this seem right? another dealer was coming in much higher and said there is no way the price could be at that. i am located in CA. thanks for your help.
    Hi audieddy. This looks like a pretty good deal for this car to me.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi wchance. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A4 Sedan Premium quattro with 10,000 miles per year are .00080 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 A3 TDI Premium are .00141 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
  • wchancewchance Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the reply.

Oops i thought I was getting a bad deal but now I see that Money Factor is higher on a TDI model.

They also informed me that 10k is the minimum miles even though I only need 7.5k is that true?

I hate to abuse of your confidence but I am now thinking of a Audi A6 Premium Plus 2.0T, can you help me with numbers for 36month/10k and 36month/7500?

Thanks Again,

William
    CARMAN - are there any major drawbacks to doing a 42 month lease instead of 36. the payments are cheaper but not sure if its worse in the long run?
    You're welcome William. I know that AFS offers leases with 15,000 12,000 and 10,000 miles per year, but I haven't seen anything on a 7,500 mile per year lease with them. I don't see why the dealer would try to mislead you about 7,500 not being an option...they sell the car either way and don't profit from your driving additional miles.

Audi Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 A6 Premium Plus 2.0T with 10,000 miles per year are .00056 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jg22. Other than the fact that you're committed to your vehicle for a longer period of time, which could lead you to get sick of it or to seriously exceed your mileage allowance if your commute changes, no there isn't any major drawback to leasing an Audi for 42 months. Audi's bumper-to-bumper warranty coverage lasts 4 years or 50,000 miles, so you don't have to worry about being out of warranty during your lease like you would if it had a 3 / 36 warranty.

Car_man
    Host
    thanks so much. here are the terms i received on both scenarios. does this seem like an ok deal? $0 down $0 due at signing. MSRP $34,375

36 mos
    440 plus
    479 all-in
    0 out of pocket
    15k mileage

42 mos
    423 plus
    459 all-in
    0 out of pocket
    15k mileage
    Thanks Carman for all the great info you put out here. This is the third car we leased in the last 4 years and your help has been invaluable.
  • gohattersgohatters Member Posts: 24
    Here in Naples, FL Audi is offering a 36 mo lease on the A4 premium for:

$1,995 down
    $349/mo
    based on $33,375 MSRP
    10k miles/yr

If I use the money factor and residual provided by Car_Man above (thanks!), that means they reduced Cap Cost to approx $31,900. Which is $500 over invoice.

What are your thoughts?

It looks like a decent deal, but I haven't been tracking A4 leases for long. Will this deal stay? Or is it temporary? My current lease isn't up until Aug so I have a few months to lock something else down.

It looks like Audi and Infinity are dealing on the leases, they're several thousand cheaper than Merc or BMW counterparts.

thanks for your help
  • bocmcmbocmcm Member Posts: 1
    My 2009 A4 Sedan lease is up this month. In expressing an interest to purchase, dealer had a 1.9% interest rate available but to qualify I'd have to purchase a $3,000 Certified Extended Warranty. And that does not include any repair costs (like new brakes) to meet Audi Certified standards.
    I would finance balance for 2 years and drive for at least another 3 years.

Questions:
    1. Is this a good investment or simply the dealer trying to make $3K++ off me?
    (Just had a friend hit year 4 (post warranty) with a BMW and got hit with $3K in engine / computer repairs so this investment might be worth considering)

2. Are there better deals through Warranty Brokers that will provide comparable extended warranty coverage? If so, any recommendations?
  • zeerazeera Member Posts: 18
    Hi
    I am in the same boat as you are... my 2009 A4 lease is up and I am planning to purchase at the end (in a week) - it is interesting coz I was quoted 2.99% and the warranty is optional - it is up to us - I highly doubt they can tie up the rate to warranty. the rate should be tied to your credit score.

also - is buying at the end of the lease a better option than to lease a new one?
    if I buy it is coming out to approx 434 per month - and if lease a new one - I was able to get it down to approx 510 (exact same car) - i wonder if those $75 more is worth not dealing with a car that has 50K miles on it.
  • jordanttjordantt Member Posts: 3
    my relative around December got a A4 premium plus from a broker... We get all out cars through them. Whats the point of buying out your used car when payment comes out more not less than a new one? And you will most likely will be dealing with problems from the car. My relative did the same thing and Audi was giving trouble with what they would cover. So look around and look at the different options. I'm in NY i don't know if that makes a difference. Hope this helps.
    Thank you jordantt - i know that makes the right sense. its just that returning the car and paying for the worn out tires and the repocession fee seem a little ... hmmm should i just buy out and use that money towards downpayment.
    You're welcome jg22. Do you happen to know the selling prices for these deals? That would be a big help in evaluating them.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem audieddy. I'm glad that I was able to help you out. See you around :).

Car_man
    Host
    Hey gohatters. $500 over invoice plus the use of the buy rate money factor is a good deal.

Just make sure that the dealer takes the $750 loyalty cash or $1,000 conquest cash into account if you are eligible for either.

Car_man
    Host
  • pljsonpljson Member Posts: 1
    I'd like another set of eyes to review the numbers on a deal I'm currently working on in NJ. Vehicle specifics:

36-months / 10,000 Miles

- 2012 A4 Premium Plus
    - Quattro
    - Nav
    - Advanced Key
    - Rear Accoustic Parking Sensor
    - Metallic Paint

MSRP: $43,600

Cap Reduction: $0

Inceptions: $4,0462.16
    --- First Month Payment: $465.00
    --- License: $371.00
    --- Dealer Docs: $349.00
    --- Acquisition: $695.00
    --- NJ Sales Tax: $1,305.71
    --- NJ Tire Tax: $7.50
    --- AUDICARE (includes Tax): $868.95

Monthly Payment: $465.00

I'm happy with it and am about to pull the trigger.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
  • gohattersgohatters Member Posts: 24
    Thanks. Unfortunately, they just changed the lease deal and added another $1k do the down payment. I think I'll wait and see if the better deal comes back next month
  • mashurimashuri Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2012
    I am considering a lease on a new 2012 A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus & Tripto. I am in Washington state and would appreciate feedback if this is reasonable.

A4 2.0T Quattro Prem Plus w\ Tripto. Std black paint.
    Sale price: $37,400 + $350 "fees"

36 mo term .00155 factor 56% residual
    $3k out of pocket
    $495 mo

or the same terms for $0 down; $590 month

How does this compare?
  • chasecarschasecars Member Posts: 1
    In my case, the difference for the dealer is 23000 dollars~!!!! Ridiculous. No where on earth is my Q7 worth 55k. This is ridiculous and should be stopped. Was not disclosed. I was not aware this was the case as is wasn't so with previous leases.
    it's totally stupid too. so i can buy the car for 30 and sell it to the dealer for 30. i send the morons in inglstaad a check and the dealer hands me a check. it's just an extra step for me to get out of this horrible bull. but yeah, THEY MAKE ME PAY TAXES ON IT!!!!! ABSURD! DO NOT LEASE WITH AUDI!
    Hi
    I have a supplier certificate that lets me have the car at invoice price... now - is invoice price a GOOD DEAL? or can we go lower?
    any thoughts? please let me know.
  • epd2006epd2006 Member Posts: 2
    Any info on MF and residual for 2012 A4 Avant? Thanks!
  • audigirl98audigirl98 Member Posts: 1
    Car man- and/or anyone else that can help me...

Hi all!! I'm new to this forum and have never really leased a car on my own, my 2 previous Audi's were negotiated by & registered under my father, and was hoping you could give me some advice. I will be leasing a new car this week, and will likely choose an A4 again. I went to an Audi dealership in NJ and they gave me the following lease deal:

2012 Audi A4 2.0T Sedan tiptronic quattro in brilliant black with beige interior and:

-dark walnut wood inlays
    -heated fron seats
    -convenience package
    -exhaust tips v/o
    -style package

Lease for 36 months, 12,000 miles per year:

- without AudiCare- 1692 down for basic inceptions and first months payment, $412.50 per month including taxes OR

-With AudiCare (which I will likely choose), $1706 down, $426.04 per month including taxes.

The msrp for this car is $38,375 and the invoice amount is $36,133.50. I honestly don't know what the selling price is or should be. I was wondering if someone could tell me if this is a good deal or not, and what the buy rate lease money factor is for it (and how I would use that number). I was given the Audi loyalty incentive for presently owning another Audi.

Any help would be so greatly appreciated as soon as possible...I hope to close the deal this Thursday!!

Thanks so much :)
  • gerrysalmegerrysalme Member Posts: 8
    Car_Man or Kyfdx-
    2012 A4 Premium Plus (non-metallic paint) Quattro 36 month lease, 12k/year, $2,700 Total Out-of-Pocket. Including last two payments = $570 (VW Jetta - a couple of scratches and dents) and disposition fee of $350 worked in the deal.
    MONTHLY PAYMENT - $435/month.

Left a deposit today. Is this a good deal??????? Dealer in Northern NJ.

Note: Qualified for To Tier Credit.

Thanks for all your help…
  • nanz236nanz236 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Carman,

I have a quote for Audi A4 2.0T Premium Plus Quattro, 36months, 15K miles :
    MSRP : 40250
    Neg Price: 37495
    Money Factor : .0008
    Residual : 53% (21332.5)
    Acquisition : 695
    Cash (first month with tax+sec Deposit+Doc+Title fee) : 1427 (546.8+550+331)
    Monthly payment(Base+tax) : 515.77+30.95

Is this considered a good deal? Do the numbers add up to give me the monthly payment right?

In addition, the car has 190miles on it and probably because people test drive on it. Will that give me any discount or 190 is nothing at all.

Really appreciate your help!
    Hi zeera. Sorry for the delay in my response, I have been away. Dealer invoice is indeed a very good selling price for an A4. Plus it's nice that you have the certificate so you don't have to mess with haggling. Have people gotten one for less than invoice, perhaps but most people probably do not.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go epd2006. Audi Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A4 2.0 Avant Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00070 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome audigirl98. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

If I was in the market for an A4 in your area right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 or so over dealer invoice before the deduction of any incentives. If you are a current Audi owner or lessee, you would be eligible for a $750 owner loyalty cash incentive on leases of this car. Make sure to take this cash into account.

Once you have negotiated a selling price that you are comfortable with, have the dealer calculate your monthly payment using Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor of .00080.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello gerrysalme. Audi Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A4 Sedan Premium Plus with quattro and 12,000 miles per year are .00080 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. Make sure that the dealer uses these terms to calculate your payment.

You never mentioned this car's selling price, but you should shoot for a price of around $500 over invoice minus any available cash incentives.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.