Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi nanz236. The money factor that you posted looks good. It's right in line with AFS' current buy rate for this model.

Assuming that it isn't taking any loyalty cash into account the selling price that you were quoted looks great too. You are probably already getting this car for pretty close to dealer invoice. 190 miles isn't very much, so the dealer is probably already discounting the car for that.

This looks like a good deal for this model to me.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • toady86toady86 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2012
    Car man, thanks for all the info that you have previously posted.
    I am looking at a new a4 premium plus, sport package, etc.. msrp is $43,150, I am looking to get it around $39k, if not lower.
    Assuming a purchase price of $39K what would be the money factor and residual, on a 3 year lease with 15k miles per year?
    I just checked my credit score and per Experian it's 793.

I will definitely go over on mileage, I will try to get .15 for mileage overage (that is what work will reimburse over 15k miles annually. I am allowed to buy an additional 5k miles up front for a combined 20k per year. Confused yet..)

Dealer is in NJ
    Thanks for the help.
  • toady86toady86 Member Posts: 2
    The deal I am holding on that car is $550 month, 15k miles, $0 down for 3 years.
    I was told that Audi does not negotiate excess mileage at the beginning of the lease but will half way through it for a discounted rate of .18 or .20 per.
  • meb415meb415 Member Posts: 1
    Hi. I was quoted what looks to be a very high lease rate, even more so with what appears to be a larger than normal down payment.

The car is a 2012 A4 Premium Quatro (MSRP $38,500/"internet price" of $36,960) and when asked what I could put down I answered $5,000. That appears to have been a stupid move on my part.

Anyhow, with no credit check or anything they offered a 36/month lease at $486/month with 10,000 miles/year. The dealer is in Northern Virginia, just a few minutes outside of Washington, D.C. As I read of other buyers in NJ and elsewhere in Mid-Atlantic states, it seems for similar MSRPs they are getting a lease payment $50-$60 less/month.

Any advice on this? I called a second dealer in the area and he came back with a payment of $466/month on an Audi A4 with MSRP of $38,500.
  • gerrysalmegerrysalme Member Posts: 8
    When will the residual and MF for May become available?
  • mx1600imx1600i Member Posts: 1
    Looking for advice on whether this deal is good enough to accept or if I should negotiate further

2012 A4 premium plus FWD, monsoon gray with navigation and rear sensors
    Lease term: 30 months in California

MSRP : 40780
    Neg. Cap Cost: 37500
    Money Factor : .00053
    Residual : 57%
    Acquisition Fee: $695
    Other Fees: Cap fees: $37.75, Cap taxes: $152.26, License Fees $354, Doc Fees $55

Downpayment: $3500
    Net monthly payment w/ taxes and fees: $488.54/month

I've negotiated quite a bit to get to the above terms; in fact, one of the dealers is already saying the dealer who offered me this quote above is crazy. That being said, in trying to calculate the lease payment myself, I believe there is still room to go down but I'm not sure.

Should I continue trying to negotiate and if so, how much lower should I go on either the cap cost or the net monthly payment? Please also tell me if this deal is too good to be true and I should be wary.

Thanks in advance for the advice.
    Hey toady86. Audi Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A4 2.0 Premium Plus Sedan quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00080 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi gerrysalme. I believe that Audi is scheduled to publish its May lease program some time on the 2nd of the month.

Car_man
    Host
    I look forward to Audi's May Lease Program. Thank you Car_man.
  • laurarose1laurarose1 Member Posts: 3
    I have a 2009 A4 2.0T Premium. Lease is due in 1 month. I was going to trade it in and get a new lease (Was in excellent condition - only 16,000 miles); however, just this past weekend I scraped the car. I am guessing about $1,500 in damage. Do I repair the body damage first? (I have a 1,000 deductible on insurance), or can I trade it in like this? Has anyone ever done that??

P.S. Is there info on residual and MF for May?
  • motismotis Member Posts: 3
    I have a 2012 A4 PP Quattro to buy or lease and would appreciate input and opinions on the lease terms I've been quoted:
    MRSP 40,800
    Cap cost 38,100 (including Audi's $1,000 incentive)
    30,000 miles in 36 mos.
    Money Factor .00125
    56% residual value
    Administration/acquisition fee 700
    Document/dealer fee 500
    (Are these two fees typically rolled into the lease payment?)

Are these terms reasonable? If cash flow is not a problem, would I be better off to buy or lease?
    Finally, are Audi's leasing terms changing this month?
    Thanks for the help.
    Sorry to hear about the scrape, laurarose1. I'm sure that is frustrating so close to turning your vehicle back in. Look at the bright side...better your old car than the brand new one that you're about to get :). I personally would lean towards turning the car in with the damage or seeing if the dealer would be willing to work with you on taking it in as a trade rather than fixing the car before returning it.

Yes, Audi did just publish its new May lease program. You never mentioned what car you are interested in, so for now I will assume that you want a 2012 A4 2.0T Sedan Premium without quattro. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of this car with 15,000 miles per year are .00016 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi motis. Unless your credit is not in very good shape, the money factor that you were quoted for this car is outrageous. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor for a 2012 A4 2.0T Sedan Premium Plus with quattro is only .00026. It looks like the dealer that you are working with is marking your car's money factor up to add additional hidden, back-end profit to your deal. Make sure to get them to use the buy rate that I mentioned to calculate your car's payment.

As far as this car's selling price goes, it's not horrible...but it's not great either.

If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, I think that you can do better than this.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car_Man and kyfdx-
    2012 A4 Premium Plus with Navigation, 12k/year, 36 months
  • aquanautaquanaut Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

I am new here and to leasing.

Hope someone can help.

I am interested in leasing a 2012 A4 Premium Plus with Navigation,parking sensors and decorative wood.
    MSRP $43,150.

What is the risidual and money factor for this car currently? I have top credit.

How much should I be expeting to pay a month with tax and with $0 down in NYC (just the regular out of pocket fees).

Thanks!
    Hi gerrysalme. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A4 Sedan Premium Plus FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00016 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome aquanaut. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A4 Premium Plus Sedan without quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00016 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

This car's lease payment will depend upon what its selling price is. Let' say that you were able to negotiate a $2,000 dealer discount on this car. The zero down, pre-tax monthly payment on one with an MSRP of $43,150 would be around $542.

Car_man
    Host
  • jmorgansjmorgans Member Posts: 2
    I have been told by two Audi dealers that the 42 month leases are currently a better deal than 36, though they did not give me the money factors and residuals. Can anyone tell me the current MF and residual for a 2012 A4 Premium Plus for a 42 and 36 month lease, 12000 miles/year? Thanks.
  • ihitcowsihitcows Member Posts: 74
    How's about a 42-month lease?
    2012 A4 FWD, 15k?
  • steelers_fansteelers_fan Member Posts: 1
    What's your opinion on third party leasing companies like AutoFlex and D&M? I have an A4 on the table with the premium plus package MSRP of $38,400 sales price of $35,600 for 42 months, residual of 44%, 15,000 miles a year with first payment and $500 down at a payment of $591.90?
    Hi jmorgans. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A5 2.0 Premium Plus quattro with 12,000 miles per year are .00026 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease are .00046 and 50%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey ihitcows. AFS' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42-month lease of a 2012 A4 2.0 Sedan Premium FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00036 and 47%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi steelers_fan. I don't see how an independent company could provide a lease program on the A4 that is attractive as the supported one that Audi is currently running. I suspect that you would be able to get a lower payment through Audi Financial Services.

Car_man
    Host
  • discostewdiscostew Member Posts: 29
    Hi Car Man,

The deal I am looking at is for a 2012 Avant, Premium Plus w options. MSRP $ 45,250. $43,250 selling price (excluding fees, tax, or Aqui fee). They have quoted .0007 mf and 52% residual. It looks like there might be a $750 lease rebate out there? I have top credit. What is the base May rates for mf and residuals? Can you confirm the $750 rebate?

Thanks so much!
  • discostewdiscostew Member Posts: 29
    Sorry! The above is for 36 months 12k year.
    I apologize Car_Man but the vehicle is a Quattro not FWD.
  • cal2000cal2000 Member Posts: 10
    edited May 2012
    Dear CAR MAN,

Can you please provide me with MFs and Residuals for the A4 Premium Plus Quattro for the following lease terms?
    -36 mo; 10k/yr
    -36 mo; 12k/yr
    -36 mo; 15k/yr

Thank you much!
    edited May 2012
    Thank you for this info Car_man! :) Where do I send the chocolate chip cookies? As a follow-up: I went to the dealer today (after having read all of Edmund's materials on leasing). By the way, I understand that my 2009 Audi A4 2.0 T Sedan Premium had $2,500 in equity. Happy about that, I told them I wanted to lease a new 2012 A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium Quattro w/options (Style, Conv, exhaust tip). Try as I may, I couldn't negotiate as I would have liked. He negotiated the price down low; but would not give me info on MF and residual. He talked about 52% and a MF of .00191 at one point (MF sounds high); however, in the long run, he would only talk about monthly payments. I was with the wonderfully nice, but SMART, guy for a good 5 hours looking at different cars and options (no break, no food, blood sugar quickly declining!). I had my computer and spreadsheet and was crunching away with numbers. His final "Hail Mary" was $448/mo (out the door - zero down, everything rolled up - supposedly included the deduction of my 2009 Audi equity and the $750 loyalty). I told him it sounded great but couldn't seal the deal on an empty stomach. I couldn't figure out too well how they did their calculations; plus, it wasn't the color I wanted. I want Black and cardamom. He wanted to sell me what was in their inventory: Moonlight/Black. I came home just now and saw the car in the color I wanted in the inventory of a dealer that is 30 miles away. Help! Do I go to that dealership and go through the same ordeal? Is there a better way? :) Thanks in advance!
    Hi discostew. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A4 Avant Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00035 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. As you can see, the money factor that you were quoted is a little high.

Audi is currently providing a $750 cash incentive to current owners and lessees of its vehicles who lease a new one. There is also a $1,000 cash incentive to current owners of select competitive models.

Car_man
    Host
    The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem gerrysalme. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A4 Sedan Premium Plus quattro with 12,000 miles per year are .00026 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello cal2000. Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A4 Sedan Premium Plus quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00026 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The money factors for leases with 12,000 miles per year would be the same, but the residual values would be 2% higher.

The 10k residuals are 3% higher than the 15k residuals.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome laurarose1. Hmmmm cookies :). It sounds like you did well standing your ground during negotiations. Unfortunately, there isn't any better way to get a deal done if you want a vehicle that is at a different dealer than to start the negotiating process all over again. I suppose that you could always try to get the dealer that you're working with to swap for the vehicle that you want, but they may not be interested in doing so at the price that they quoted you.

Car_man
    Host
  • chag079chag079 Member Posts: 1
    Hi guys,

Im new to the site and am looking to lease an Audi A4. I will primarily use the car on weekends as I live in Nj but commute to work via public transportation to NY. My wife and I currently average about 6,000 miles a year on our current vehicle. Below is the offer the dealer made:

2012 Audi A4 Premium Plus with Quattro Engine- automatic

MSRP: $40,4000
    Sale Price:$36,946.33
    Lease term : 42 months (10,000 miles per year)
    Residual: 51%
    MF: .00017
    NJ Taxes:$1,418.32
    Documentary Fee:$249.00 (MV Processing and Clerical Fee)
    Total due at signing: $1,817.93 which includes the first month's payment
    $0 Money down and monthly payment of $450.00

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated
    Thanks! Do you have residual and MF on the 2012 A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium Quattro?
    edited June 2012
    Thank you for the help Car_Man. I have to pull the trigger this month (lease is up). What is the money factor and the residual value for the month of June on a 2012 A4 Premium Plus Quattro 2.0 with 12k/year 36 months?

Thank you again.
  • alexanderwhitealexanderwhite Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

Apologies in advance if this topic has been discussed -- I'm not the best at using the search function in this forum.

I have a 2010 A4 Premium Plus (manual, sport package, rear side airbags, audicare) that is ending a 36-month lease in August 2012. Does anyone know what I can expect for terms of a 24 or 36-month re-lease if I call Audi Financial Services to discuss? One area where I have some flexibility is mileage (I'm well under -- likely to finish around 28K with a 36K allowance.) Also, anyone have any experience/sense of how negotiations go with AFS on these sorts of deals?

Thanks in advance!

AW
  • the412the412 Member Posts: 3
    hi, can you please give me the lease rates for the following A4, automatic:

FWD, premium, 12k miles
    quattro premium plus, 12k miles

THANKS!
    I do laurarose1. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00026 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem gerrysalme. Audi's May lease program for this car is scheduled to run through July 5th. I haven't seen any changes for June yet.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello the412. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A4 Sedan Premium FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00016 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '12 A4 Sedan Premium Plus quattro with 12,000 miles per year are .00026 and 54%.

Car_man
    Host
  • gbell80gbell80 Member Posts: 6
    edited June 2012
    Car_man, I am looking into leasing an Audi, A4 quattro w/15,000 miles per year, 3 years - do you think it makes sense to lease the 2012 vs. the 2013? I assume the residuals for the 2012's will drop significantly once the 2013's are fully rolled out. Were there big changes for the 2013 vs the 2012?

Any idea what the residual & MF is for June, and what the difference for these is for the 2012's vs the 2013's?

Thanks!
  • backroadbackroad Member Posts: 12
    Car Man, May I offer the same question here on A4 quattro sedan except for12K miles/yr '12 vs. '13 on mf/residual? I realize the rates are probably just posting now.

Thank you!
  • brahmjotbrahmjot Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2012
    Hi Car_man,

I will be entering lease for the 2013 A4 this weekend and am based out of seattle. I have very good credit worthiness.

Please let me know:
    1) MF and Residual for the Premium Quattro model for 36 month/10K miles lease
    2) MF and Residual for the Premium plus Quattro model for 36 month/10K miles lease

I have seen some posts having the MF as 0.00016. Is it 0.00016 (interest rate: 0.384%) OR 0.0016 (interest rate: 3.84%).
    Hi gbell80. The residual values are definitely higher for the 2013 model, but the money factor is significantly better for the 2012 model...making it the better deal right now.

Audi Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A4 Sedan Premium quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00026 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2013 model are .00152 and 56%.

The 2013 model is a little different than the 2012, but it's far from a complete redesign. It's supposedly slightly more fuel efficient and has a few minor styling changes, but the engine is basically the same.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey backroad. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for. AFS' 12,000 mile per year residual values are 2% higher than its 15,000 mile per year residuals.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go brahmjot. Audi Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A4 Sedan Premium quattro with 10,000 miles per year are .00152 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Premium Plus are exactly the same.

Car_man
    Host
  • humphreyehumphreye Member Posts: 1
    Hi Carman (or others):
    Does anyone have info on residuals and money factor for the new 2013 audi allroad? Does anyone have experience with cap cost (i.e., any discounts to MSRP being offered by dealers)?
    Thank you!
  • zkaudiozkaudio Member Posts: 60
    This car needs its own forum... it's pricing is completely different from the A4 sedan.
  • precurs0rprecurs0r Member Posts: 9
    Hi Car_Man -

I received this quote from a local dealership in Western NY. It is for a 2013 Audi A4 Premium Plus with a Manual Transmission. This is base, without any additional options such as the nav. He quoted me on 42 months, but am looking for 36 unless there is a significant savings.

-- All lines below from dealer --

MSRP $38,495
    Selling Price $37,058
    Purchase Option $21,522.25

Up Front Cost:
    1st Payment - $496.13
    Fees and Insurance - $165 ( 75 Doc Fee + 10 Insp + 80 Reg)
    Taxes - $ 1842.34 (NYS 8.75)
    Total $2503.47

Residual is 55%
    Money Factor is .00172

Lead time on this car will be 8-12 weeks -- Again all based on a 42mo 10K miles per year Lease

If anyone else has any insight on this quote, I would greatly appreciate it.
This discussion has been closed.