Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• flacrabbflacrabb Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car Man - Do you have the April residual and money factor for the 2013 A4 Prestige quattro? Lease term would be 24 months and 15k miles/year.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hello leadfoot1202. Audi Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A4 Sedan Premium Plus quattro with 12,000 miles per year are .00069 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There's a cash incentive on leases of this car in certain states. If you tell me where you are I can tell you whether it is available in your area.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Certainly flacrabb. Audi Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 A4 Sedan Prestige quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00069 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

As I mentioned in my previous post, there's a cash incentive on leases of the A4 in certain states. Tell me where you are and I'll tell you if it's available in your area.

Car_man
    Host
  • mankumanku Member Posts: 76
    I just picked up a 2013 Allroad premium plus...sticker was just over 49K, my price was 43300. I leased it...with audicare, 36months/10k year my payment is 549.99 in socal, 9% tax. In addition, I had ZERO drive off...dealer paid for 1st month, aquisition and registration fees.

On top of that, they took in my 2011 A4 Avant...29Kish residual and slightly beat up. That was a 39k new. I was paying 510/month for that one.

Seemed like a no brainer to me...don't know exactly how the dealership made money though!
  • rtilghmanrtilghman Member Posts: 4
    Pretty new to car owning/leasing having moved to TX from NYC, looking to get some insights around a deal I'm working to put together for a PP A4 Quattro. Basically if I get it (vs a toyota hybrid) I'm trying to figure out whether I purchase ir or lease it. The following are my basic specs:

- Quattro tiptronic (also looking at manuals)
    - Premium Plus
    - Sports package
    - Audi MMI
    - B&O sound system

Basically a near fully loaded PP A4 quattro. The following is one offer I've got on a car that matches the specs I'm looking for (which is surprisingly hard to find)

$ 46215.00 MSRP
    $ 43962.00 SALE PRICE

LEASE
    36 month/ 12k (wac)
    $689.30 monthly
    55% residual= $25418
    .00119 money factor

PURCHASE
    60 month purchase $0 down @1.9%(wac)
    $814.22 monthly

The other question is whether to lease or but... I've always struggled with leasing, but it seems like the Audi's poorer reliability and cost makes it a more viable option. Interested in any thoughts, thanks in advance for the help.

Thanks,
    Rick
  • isles1isles1 Member Posts: 119
    edited April 2013
    Those lease numbers are terrible re: the monthly payment, and the sales price seems high. If it is a 2013 on the lot, you should be able to do better on the sales price. Get to the bottom of why the monthly payment is so high. Order Sheets are already out for 2014. Dealer is also probably sneaking in fees like prep & docs fees. Have all fees broken out.

"Audi Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A4 Sedan Premium Plus quattro with 12,000 miles per year are .00069 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier." Dealer is padding the Money Factor...insist on Buy Rate or walk away. The residual should be 56% with Audi Care.

For comparison, I am paying about $15 more per month for a 2013 P+ S4 (MSRP $53, 445, sales price $50,562 before $750 lease bonus cash), 36 months 12K miles. $500 order deposit as down payment; AudiCare, acquisition fee and New York State sales tax in payment. First month payment and DMV fees at signing. No trade in or other incentives/cap cost reductions.
  • dacunha213dacunha213 Member Posts: 5
    MSRP: $38,495
    Monthly payment: $460
    Miles: 15,000
    42 months

$3000 down (1st month included)
    $1000 Audi loyalty
    $1700 trade in (2004 A4 w/ 180,000 miles, the car was shot)

Thoughts?
  • mbz01mbz01 Member Posts: 9
    Poundsine - can you advise, was the monthly payment inclusive of tax or before tax? Also in LA - could you advise dealer?
    Manku - could you clarify? Was 549.99 before tax or after california state tax? Can you advise who the dealer was?
  • mankumanku Member Posts: 76
    after tax...

dealer was auto gallery in woodland hills...

good luck!
    Manku - Many thanks for quick response - had not seen this. WH is closest dealer to my home... Headed out tomorrow to have a look. Highly appreciated.
    Hi Car_man, can you provide money factor and residual for 2013 All road with premium plus and MMINavigation? 36 month. 12K mi per year. Also, can you advise, is there a different residual percentage used on the Prestige vs Premium Plus? (same basic package) Dealer said there was...
    Sure mbz01. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 allroad Premium Plus with .00077 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The money factor for the Prestige model is the same, but the residual value drops to 49%...

Car_man
    Host
  • donchardonchar Member Posts: 56
    Socal Audi deals show the Allroad lease offer below.

my question is, can these advertised lease offers be negotiated for better deals? as in lowering the the payments or adding more options etc...

Not so much negotiation a new lease deal but working off the advertised offer for a better deal.

any luck?

MY 2013 allroad 2.0T quattro Premium
    Offer only valid 4-04-2013 through 7-08-2013

$0 Security Deposit
    $529 First Month Payment
    $695 Acquisition Fee
    $1,999 Down Payment
    $3,223 Due at Signing* (Excludes taxes, title, other options and dealer fees)
    $0 Security Deposit
    $369 1st Month Payment,
    $695 Acquisition Fee,
    $2,699 Down Payment,
    = $3,763 Due at Signing*
    Monthly payments total $13,300.
    Purchase option at lease end for $21,042

The Disclaimer says this is "based on MSRP $37,575 of 2013 Audi A4 2.0T quattro Premium Package, Tiptronic, Convenience Package, Lighting Package, Heated Front Seats"

These are all of the features I want... except the back seats in the Premium do not go down (silly if you ask me) so I looked at the Premium Plus which has the same features as the quoted lease. Just got back from the dealer and they told me
    $489/mo for 42 months (I asked about 36 mo but they said the payment would be higher)
    $4000 due at signing
    MSRP: $39695
    Residual Value $20,000
    Money Factor .00076

I was wondering - Edmunds shows the TMV of the Premium Plus at 37,406. If I can somehow negotiate with the dealer to that number, would it be possible to get the same lease deal as the A4 Premium? Or is it wishful thinking on my part. I'm trying to keep my lease payment $400 or less. I'd pay a few more bucks a month if I didn't have to put any money down besides the acquisition fee and first month payment. Am I being unrealistic?

• denisem776denisem776 Member Posts: 4
    Well it looks like I am being unrealistic after all. Even when matching the TMV after rolling in the taxes with no down payment it jumps over $500/mo for 42 month lease 10K/year. A 36 mo lease was near $550. Thinking this car just went out of my budget range.... :mad:
  • firstlease01firstlease01 Member Posts: 21
    Hi Car_man
    what are May 2013 residual value and money factor for A4 Premium Plus Quattro models.
    I am looking for 12k or 15k /yr options. 36 months lease or even 42 months if I get a good deal.

Are there any manufacturers rebate going on or any other incentives?
    I am in NJ area.

Thanks for your help
  • anthony212anthony212 Member Posts: 15
    edited May 2013
    Anchor Audi on their website is advertising
    2013 A4 Premium Trim Quattro, heated seats, lighting package, sunroof
    36/month at $379
    $0 Down

I know this doesn't say much as theirs no residual or money factor, but why does this sound cheap to me?
    Hi firstlease01. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A4 Sedan Premium Plus quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00069 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease are .00089 and 49%.

The residual values for leases of this car with 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

As usual, Audi has $1,000 owner loyalty cash on this car. This offer also extends as conquest cash to current owners of Mercedes, BMW and Lexus models. This month Audi introduced option credits that provide discounts on vehicles with certain equipment as well.

Car_man
    Host
  • arn636arn636 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car_man

What are May 2013 residual value and money factor for A4 Premium Quattro models.
    Looking for the following:

1. 36 months, 12k miles
    2. 39 months, 12k miles
    3. 42 months, 12k miles

Thanks,
    Bump.

Socal Audi deals show the Allroad lease offer below.

my question is, can these advertised lease offers be negotiated for better deals? as in lowering the the payments or adding more options etc...

Not so much negotiating a new lease deal from scratch ">but working off the advertised offer for a better deal.

any luck?

MY 2013 allroad 2.0T quattro Premium
    Offer only valid 4-04-2013 through 7-08-2013

$0 Security Deposit
    $529 First Month Payment
    $695 Acquisition Fee
    $1,999 Down Payment
    $3,223 Due at Signing* (Excludes taxes, title, other options and dealer fees)
    Hi arn636. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A4 2.0T Sedan Premium quattro with 12,000 miles per year are .00069 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for 39-months are .00089 and 53%.

The numbers for 42-months are .00089 and 51%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello donchar. Most manufacturers' official advertised lease payments assume some sort of discount to the vehicle's selling price. Having said that, savvy consumers who are in an area that has a decent level of competition are usually able to negotiate lower selling prices, and in turn lower lease payments, than the ones that are being advertised.

Car_man
    Host
  • bada_bingbada_bing Member Posts: 102
    edited May 2013
    The manual transmission car with the colors/options I want is almost impossible to find in SoCal where almost every car on the lots is a black on black CVT or Tiptronic, so I'm leaning toward a factory order for the following car: 2014 A4 2.0T quattro Premium, 6MT, Brilliant red with beige/black interior with S-line style package and wood trim as options. I am looking to lease the car for 3yrs/12K miles per year with minimal drive-off. Here are my questions:

1) what is considered a good or great selling price ($ over invoice) for a factory ordered 2014 car to be ordered in June/July timeframe? I don't think 2014 pricing is out yet, but I estimate the MSRP of my configured car to be in the $38-39K range. I live in the LA area with a dozen Audi dealers within a 40 mile radius. I was thinking something like $500 over dealer invoice would be feasible for a car which will not take up lot space.

2) Does adding AudiCare still add 1% to residual values? How much is AudiCare these days and would you recommend getting it? I recall that it was something like $740 a few years ago, but it's likely over $800 now.

3) Does Audi Financial offer the $1,000 conquest money they are offering right now on 2013 models all the time? My wife drives a 2009 BMW 328i and we would qualify for the conquest money offer but the program right now applies to 2013 models. Just trying to gauge if they will have it still once the 2014 MY cars start arriving.
    Here is the deal i have on the table. Can i do any better?

MSRP: $37,870 (A4 Quatro Premium with Convenience Package, Lighting Package, Heated Seats, Floor Mats)
    Sales Price: $36,000
    Residual: 53%
    Money Factor - .00089
    Lease Term - 39 months

Thanks
    The base (buy rate) money factor for May is 0.00069, so the dealer is marking it up for some extra profit. I have to assume that the residual is correct for the trim line and lease miles you are getting. I think you can do better on the selling price and ask the dealer to not mark up the MF.
    Carman had the May money factor at .00089 and 53% for a 39 month lease.

Should it be .00069? See a couple posts back.

Thanks for the response.
  • newbie_toonewbie_too Member Posts: 4
    The 2014 (model year) A4 can now be ordered. As best I know the prices have not yet been released. Any idea on pricing for an A4Q Premium and Premium+ ? The dealership is offering $500 over invoice; take it or leave it.

Any idea of the actual wholesale price (or holdbacks, incentives/volume targets) ?

I have an offer for a 2013 A4Q, Ibis, P with Heated Seats, Conv and Lighting, for $35.5k.
    What do you think – 2013 P at a good price (steep depreciation ahead)or go with the 2014 P+ ?

Thanks in advance
    My mistake. I do if d it odd that the MF is higher for 39 and 42 month leases. Normally only the residual values change. This for me makes it a no-brained to skip on 39- or 42-month leases. In CA the yearly registration for an A4 for the fourth year will easy be $300 or higher. It makes little sense to pay a full year's registration for 3 months of use. Unless you can turn the car in early by the 36th month without a penalty, I'd skip the 39 month lease.
    What's the MSRP of the 2013 car? It makes a big difference if its a manual or Tiptronic car. I think 2013s should be at least $1,000 under invoice, exclusive if any loyalty or conquest $1,000 cash.
  • newbie_toonewbie_too Member Posts: 4
    Hello Bada

Its a 2013 Quattro tiptronic (8-spd) with an MSRP of $38,045.
    We do not qualify for loyalty incentives (its been a few years since we've owned 3-series - with too many warranty repairs)

Thanks for your insight
  • boone25boone25 Member Posts: 6
    I'm beginning to negotiate a lease on a 2013 A4 Premium Plus, and am trying to figure out what an "acceptable" discount to MSRP is. Can anyone help??
    Hi bada_bing. In answer to question 2, yes Audi Care does indeed still add 1% to the residual values of leased vehicles. I would definitely consider getting Audi Care on a leased Audi.

No, the $1,000 conquest cash that Audi is currently offering on the 2013 A4 will not automatically be available on the 2014 model when it arrives. Audi might offer it on the '14, but it might not. The conquest cash has been available on the '13 model since last fall but it did not exist when the '13 was first introduced. It's tough to say whether that will be the case on the 2014 model.

Car_man
    Host
    I am being quoted the following if it gets done by month end

2013 A4 PP
    $2,500 off msrp
    55% residual
    .00069 money factor

In general, is this a good deal?
  • ydolydol Member Posts: 12
    just purchased A4 a week ago. I'd assume above lease term is 36 mo/10k and without knowing the MSRP, I'd assume $2500 off is close to invoice (please verify using edmunds new car calculator). With a new 2014 model coming in few months, you should be able to take advantage of few incentives currently offered (e.g. Audi Preferred Equipment Credit, Loyalty cash, conquest, etc.) In addition to the discount offered. These will lower the cap cost, hence mo. payment. In general, you should aim for about 10% below MSRP and work your way up or down a little. If you follow the Audi forum, discount seems varies by region, for ex. Vegas has a very good deal for Audi compare to East Coast region. Lastly, shop around 250 miles radius for comparison and good luck!
    Does anyone know the June mf and res. for an a4 PP 36 month lease 12k? Thanks!
    Hi CarMan-

Any new numbers for June or same as May for Allroad Premium plus.
    Also what is the usual add back for 10K vs 12K miles on the resid?
  • mylo5mylo5 Member Posts: 1
    2013 A4 Quattro Premium Plus, manual transmission
    36 mo, 12K
    Navi + backup cam
    Central NJ

Trading in my 2003 325i for $5000 w/ $1000 conquest

So with the $5000 towards the initial fees and cap reduction:
    $397/mo (taxes included)

Can I realistically get it down to $375/mo? Or better?
  • joelk01joelk01 Member Posts: 56
    That is a sweet set up. I couldn't find a 2013 with that set up and Sport Seats.
    Hi boone25. Audi Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A4 Premium Plus quattro with 12,000 miles per year are .00069 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

In June, Audi unexpectedly began waiving the first month's payment on leases of this car, which is a nice bonus.

Car_man
    Host
  • prudentleaseprudentlease Member Posts: 2
    Hello Car man,

I have an offer on the table for a 2013 A4 Premium Plus/MMI/Nav Package/Exhaust Tips/6-Speed Manual:

MSRP $40,645
    $5,000 Trade on a 2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport (Good Condition; 90,000 Miles (They claim to be doing me a favor to the tune of $1500 dollars))
    True Market Value per Edmunds: $39,328
    Lease Term: 39 Months
    Miles: 15,000
    Residual: 51%
    MF: .00069
    I am assuming there is somewhere around $2200 in fees being taken out of that trade in as the payments they are coming up with are around $515 a month.

Do you have any sage advice/comments on this offer?
  • jdomasijdomasi Member Posts: 20
    I posted this in the other s4 buying thread and thought I would post it here too...

I am in NJ thinking about leasing an S4. The person that I talked to said they are selling the 2013 S4s at invoice, but then add on the other chargers, like destination, doc fees, ext.

If I get them down to a selling price I want (assume invoice), the standard buy rate and residual %, what else is negotiable? Can I say I don’t want to pay destination or doc fees? One or the other? I understand the taxes are not negotiable as well. are "supplemental title fees"? Assignment fee?
    Hey donchar. Yes the June lease program for the allroad is exactly the same as it was in May...with one minor difference, Audi began waiving the first month's payment on leases of this model. Bonus :).

AFS adds 2% to its 15k residuals for leases with 12k and 3% for leases with 10k.

Car_man
    Host
    Very appropriate username, prudentlease :). I'm surprised that one wasn't taken.

The money factor that you were quoted is correct. That's a good sign. The Edmunds.com True Market Value pricing for the A4 looks reasonable right now as well.

Are you having the dealer cut you a check for your trade or applying the proceeds towards your lease. You would be much better off if you had them give you a check. I always advise consumes to avoid making capitalized cost reductions on leased vehicles.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jdomasi. You're not going to be able to avoid paying the destination charge or the acquisition fee. The destination charge is basically part of your vehicle's price. It is charged by the manufacturer and cannot be avoided.

The bank that you are leasing through, Audi Financial Services, charges a $695 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases. You can roll this charge into your car's acquisition fee to bake into your payment rather than paying it at lease signing, but again it is unavoidable.

The doc fee is levied by the dealer. This is between you and them. If they won't waive it, you might be able to get them to lower your vehicle's selling price by that amount if they want your business bad enough.

Car_man
    Host
  • prudentleaseprudentlease Member Posts: 2
    Car man,

Yes, I was surprised that the name was not taken as well. I was going to have them apply the proceeds of the trade-in toward the lease. I assume the logic is that what you put towards cap cost reduction is money that is not recoupable should something happen i.e. an accident. However, I believe I am correct in my assumption that not applying a cap cost reduction would significantly increase my monthly payments, possibly out of what I find to be economical.

Secondly, I have looked online at Edmund's current list of incentives and rebates section and see that there is currently the following lease offer for a 2013 A4 quattro Sedan Premium Plus Package/Advanced Key/MMI Nav Plus Package:

Down Payment: N/A
    Security Deposit: N/A
    Term: 36 months
    Annual Mileage: 10,000
    Monthly Payment: $429

Would it be a valid argument to reference this lease payment amount in negotiating a 15,0000 mile lease (they currently have me at $515 with cap cost reduction of 5,000)? Or is that just what 15,000 additional miles over the 36 month term would cost?

I am also a bit confused because the "My Audi/Finance" section of the Audi website states that an A4 Premium Plus2.0 TFSI should be somewhere in the 36,700 to 38,800 range, with a trade-in cap cost reduction of $5,000 my monthly payment estimate would be $378 to $396 at 12,000 miles/36 mons.

I apologize, I know that was a lot of hypotheticals/questions. I am just having trouble understanding the disparity in estimated payments/lease specials advertised by Audi/Audi Financial Services and the dealerships current monthly payments with cap cost reduction.
  • audiguy87audiguy87 Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    Hi Car_man,
    I've been researching for several months and feel I have come to a pretty reasonable offer. When you get a chance, can you please let me know what you think?

MSRP: $43575
    Cap Cost: $41000
    MF: .00069
    10k / 39 month lease
    $750 drive off
    Audicare
    Summer of Audi Rebate
    Monthly: $514 + tax

Total I'd be paying is $22600 over 39 months, or equivalent 20920 over 36 months

Thank you for your help and insight
  • audiguy87audiguy87 Member Posts: 3
    Oh I should add - 2013 Audi Premium Plus with Navi, Sport, Lighting, Convenience Package
  • jdomasijdomasi Member Posts: 20
    tell them you talked to bmw and have the opportunity to get a 328 at invoice due to the new cars coming in Aug. I said that and they instantly said they would sell at me a car at invoice (true car was spot on with that they had in their computers). Some people on these forums have even gotten below invoice. Also look into multiple security deposits - it can reduce your payment by about $30-$40 a month, which works out to be about 9% annualized risk free return (unless you think VW is going to default on their debt, lol)
    Pricing for 2014 A4 has started trickling out. Audi just announced base prices are all trim levels but option prices have not been released. Some of the option packages have changed, so I am sure prices will be changed from 2013 option packages. If I were to place a factory order for a 2014 A4, what would be considered a good price relative to invoice? I live in SoCal with plenty of Audi dealers in the area. My research from what other people consider feasible ranges from $500 over invoice to $1,500 under invoice. I doubt any dealer will talk to me if I walk in and say I want to order a car from you, and by the way, I want to pay $1,500 under invoice. Now I have no doubt that dealers can sell cars at invoice or under and still make a profit based on holdbacks and other money based on meeting monthly sales targets, but on paper the dealer's cost per vehicle is the invoice price. So what is a reasonable offer to make for a factory order 2014 car? I am looking at a Premium or Premium Plus quattro manual 6-speed with MSRP in the range of $38-41K.
This discussion has been closed.