Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• geckofroggeckofrog Member Posts: 6
    also he is claiming a 55% residual of the MSRP
  • katmeatkatmeat Member Posts: 1
    I ordered a new '06 A4 2.0 TQMS approximately 7 weeks ago and was quoted a 2-year lease through AFS with a money factor rate of 0.00140. The car is in now, and after reading the posts here quoting the current MF as 0.00080, I asked the dealer if that was indeed the current rate through AFS. The dealer just got back to me and said that the current AFS MF on 2-year leases is still 0.00140, not the 0.00080 rate. Am I being mislead?
  • rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    J,

From my experience, anybody over a 630 - 640 beacon should have a decent chance of getting a loan or lease though Audi Financial Services. If your equifax is 670 and you've paid on previous car notes well, you should be in pretty good shape. That's assuming you're not trying to buy too much car for your income/credit and have an $800 month car payment on a $30,000 year income.

Audi has a YES/NO approval system and there are not a "tier" system like other car companies. Most Audi dealers use Equifax, and they don't pull all 3 reports to my knowledge. When you buy a home, mortgage companies will usually pull all 3 bureaus and average them out.
  • jvprjvpr Member Posts: 48
    would 670 equifax be good enough for an audi lease? on an a4 2.0 turbo with sport and premium package- what would you say is a good money factor for a 2 year lease?
  • mattzinzimattzinzi Member Posts: 4
    Hey CarMan...

This is in regards to a post I made on March 7th, so I'll just repeat it here...

What is the MF and residual for the following:

2006 Audi A4 2.0T Avant

10K, 12K, 15K miles
    24, 36, 39, 42 months if available

I live in CT if it matters.

Thanks!
  • kngeknge Member Posts: 4
    They didn't ask me for my beacon score when I asked for the qoute (over the internet)...

However, my score is around 815-830
  • 2volkswagens2volkswagens Member Posts: 7
    I really appreciate this site and I need some help. This is the first time I have looked into leasing and want to make sure I'm not getting ripped.
    06 A4 AT Quattro
    S-Line Pkg
    Premium Pkg
    Sunroof Pkg
    Tech Pkg
    Audio Pkg
    $43900 MSRP

With $6k down, 36 mo/20k mile lease, I was offered a monthly payment of $540/mo. Residual is $22,3xx. When I asked about the money factor, the salesman said it was equiv. to 1.9%. Is this a good deal?

One of my other concerns is mileage. As you see the deal was figured at 20,000 miles, I'm not sure even that's enough. This part will be a family decision. I don't want to not drive my new car because I can't put miles on it. Really defeats the purpose of buying a new car.

As I said, I have no real experience with leasing and while we really like the car and our first experience at the dealership, I can't stand getting ripped off. I have no problem with the dealership making a profit but...

Again, thanks for the site and everyone's input.

Regards,
    John
  • dino001dino001 Member Posts: 6,165
    Why are you putting so much down? It does not affect the rate and you risk losing it all in case of a total. Rather than that put the money in money market account, draw from it for your higher payments and pocket the interest yourself.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• smh1smh1 Member Posts: 1
    I negotiated a price with Clair Audi in MA. They have an '06 A4 Avant with the options I'm looking for (Premium, sunroof, Audio). They offered it @ 600 over invoice. About $512 with tax for a 36 months/12K lease.
    The only thing is that it had 140 miles on it already. Does anyone know if thats normal mileage for a new car @ the dealership ? They mentioned that it was a dealer swap from RI and thats the reason for the "high" milage.
    They are willing to bring the price down to $500 over the invoice ?
    Is this a good deal ?
  • audifan4audifan4 Member Posts: 2
    what are your thoughts on a premier purchase w/ balloon((residual amount)) on the back end. i'm told i have 3 options once i fullfill my 36 month term; payoff baloon upfront, refinance balloon ((residual))of $19,773 ((56))
    or walk away all together w/ no penalty. How is the different from a lease other than the title being in my name vs. the leasing company? I'm looking at a Black Audi A4, 2.0T, Black leather, 6 speed, Premium Audio (bose) w/ Siries sattelite radio, premium package, sunroof package for selling price of $33,726.00, i'm told $500 over cost, I am trading my Audi A4 3.0 in 10 months early and i have $3,000 negative equity in the deal. I also live in MD and there is a $1,686.30 sales tax. Do you think this is a good deal?
  • audifan4audifan4 Member Posts: 2
    36 months, 15K miles, adjusted capcost of $39,385 includes salestax of $1,686 and negative equity of $3,000 on previous car.

moneyfactor is .00205
    monthly payment of $666.06 for 36 months w/ zero down
  • tbesttbest Member Posts: 1
    I am getting ready to lease a 06 A4 QMT with sunroof, tech, premium, s-line for 36 or 39 months @10k miles/year.
    What money factor and residual % should I expect?
  • rsamerica1rsamerica1 Member Posts: 72
    Not bad. I picked up our '06 2.0T Avant last month for $34,900 which was about $500 over invoice and about $1800 off MSRP.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Thanks bstime :blush: . You're right, I don't get much sleep. Isn't that why they invented caffeine? I think that I would save myself some time if I just got a caffeine IV instead of drinking as much coffee and soda as I do :D .

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
    I have seen this car's March lease program, mnoker. Its exact money factor and residual value will vary depending upon how long you lease it for and how many miles per year you are allowed to drive it. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. OK, if you were to lease a 2006 Audi A4 2.0T Sedan with quattro through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00080 and 56%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome teepeesf. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Let's take a look at your deal. A base 2006 Audi A4 3.2 Avant with an automatic transmission has a spread of just over $2,700 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice prices. You are being given a $2,044 discount on the vehicle that you are interested in. This price looks reasonable to me. You may want to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have recently paid for similar vehicles though: "Audi A4: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

The money factor that you were quoted for this car is right in line with Audi Financial Services current lease program for it. Using the prices that you me mentioned in your post, and AFS current lease program, I come up with a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $472. So something about the payment that you were quoted is a little off. If it includes tax, that would account for a large part of the difference.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome Dave. Since you are new to leasing, I'll provide you with the links that I just gave another leasing rookie: : 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment. These articles are very informative and they are a must read for anyone who is considering leasing a vehicle, but does not completely understand how it works.

A base 2006 Audi A4 2.0T Sedan with quattro has a spread of a little over $2,200 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. The $1,000 discount that you are being given on this car is OK, but if you are in an area that has a decent level of competition for your business, I would not be surprised if you were able to beat this deal.

Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month, 10,000 miles per year lease of this car are .00080 and 59%, respectively. Make sure that the dealer you are working with uses these numbers to calculate your car's lease payment. It looks as though the dealer that you are working with may be trying to mark-up AFS' buy rate money factor to add a little hidden back-end profit to your deal.

Yes, vehicles' residual values are always based upon a percentage of their full MSRPs.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello socalhelp. I haven't calculated lease payments on this car for both two and three year terms, but I suspect that your lease payment will be lower for three years. The lease payment is almost always lower for longer leases than it is for shorter ones because longer leases provide additional payments to spread vehicles' large initial depreciation hit out over. The exception to this rule is when a bank is trying to steer consumers to shorter lease terms by providing additional lease support on them. I do not believe that is currently the case with the A4. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for this car is .00080 for both 24 and 36 month terms. You cannot lease this car with a lower factor than this.

For feedback on how much you should pay for this car, stop by the following discussion: "Audi A4: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

It is difficult to say what Audi's April lease program for this car will be like, but I suspect that it will be fairly similar to its current program.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, mattzinzi. If you were to lease a 2006 Audi A4 2.0T Avant through Audi Financial Services right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00100 and 68%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be .00100 and 56%. The 39 month numbers should be .00120 and 53%. I have not seen its 42 month lease program. The money factors for a 12,000 mile per year lease would be the same, but the residual value would be 2% higher. AFS' 10,000 mile per year residual values are 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi cptsilver. AFS' money factors vary by trim level. Its buy rate factor is currently .00080 for a 36 month lease of an '06 A4 2.0T Sedan with quattro. It would be different for other variations for this car. For instance, its 36 month buy rate is .00100 for the A4 2.0T Avant. It sounds like you are interested in a trim level other than the quattro Sedan.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings knge. Unfortunately, manufacturers have an entirely separate set of prices for vehicles sold in Canada. The prices of Canadian vehicles are not just a conversion of U.S. prices using the current exchange rate. Furthermore, Canadian vehicles' incentive and lease programs are much different than the programs that are available here in the states. I have heard that sites like APA Canada and Car Cost Canada have information on dealer cost, but I have never personally checked them out very thoroughly. You also can find out more information on this subject by checking out the following article: Canadian Driver - Do it yourself dealer cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Jamawass, Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2006 A4 3.2 Sedan with quattro is .00110.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi uptempoballer. I'd say that the higher end of $500 to $1,000 sounds like an attainable price for this car, but I am not personally all that familiar with what the market is like for it right now. You may be able to get a better idea of how much you should pay by visiting the following discussion: "Audi A3: Prices Paid & Buying Experiences". The money factor that you were quoted for this car is way too high though. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of an '06 A4 2.0T Sedan with quattro is only .00080. It looks to me as though the dealer that you are working with is trying to mark your car's money factor up to add additional back-end profit to your deal. Make sure to insist that they use the buy rate to calculate your car's lease payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello geckofrog. I'm surprised that the dealer you are working with would quoted you an interest rate rather than a money factor for the vehicle that you are interested in. I wonder if you are being put in a balloon note instead of a lease. Balloon notes are very similar to leases in that they provide consumers with low monthly payments and an option to buy their vehicles at the end of a certain period of time for a set price. One of the main differences between balloon notes and leases is that balloon notes use interest rates instead of money factors. I suppose that it is possible that this dealer converted your vehicle's money factor into an interest rate so that it is easier to understand. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of an '06 A4 2.0T Sedan without quattro is .00075. This is equivalent to an interest rate of around 1.8%. As you can see, this is much less than the rate you were quoted. It's possible that the dealer you are working with is trying to mark your car's money factor up to add additional hidden back-end profit to your deal. This sort of thing is perfectly legal and happens all the time, but can usually be avoided by consumers who know what their car's buy rate money factor is and insist that it is used to calculate their lease payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Yes, you are being mislead, katmeat. Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor for this car is .00080 for 24 to 36 month leases right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings John. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

The firs thing that I notice about this deal is that you are considering making a $6,000 down payment. I always advise consumers against making any sort of down payment when leasing. I do so for two main reasons. The first is if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen during your lease, your down payment essentially disappears. The second main reason is that down payments on leased vehicles do nothing to reduce their lease-end purchase prices. So your lease-end purchase option price for your A4 would be exactly the same, regardless of whether you had put $6,000 down, or had made absolutely no down payment at all.

Also, you never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what this car's selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    No this is not a good money factor, audifan4. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factors for the 2006 A4 2.0T Sedan are .00080 for models with quattro and .00075 for models without it. It looks to me as though the dealer you are working with is attempting to mark-up your car's money factor quite a bit to add additional hidden profit to your deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello tbest. If you were to lease a 2006 Audi A4 2.0T Sedan with quattro through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 10,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00080 and 59%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease should be .00100 and 56%.

Car_man
    Host
  • cptsilvercptsilver Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Car_man for your reply. Since I'm looking for a very particularly configured Avant, it looks like I need to special order. Now I understand that lease programs change frequently, so I have no idea what kind of deals I'll get when the car gets here. Do you have the slightest idea what the leases will be for A4 Avants in about 2-3 months? (that's when my car will probabley arrive) Is there some sort of pattern based on what's happened in the past? Thanks again, this is a great place for info!!
    how strict is audi financial on beacons? would they approve a 650 beacon? what credit do they pull? im looking at an a4...
  • kurtamaxxxguykurtamaxxxguy Member Posts: 1,798
    Is there a general average for the durations of an Audi leases?
    36 months seems to be mentioned here often.
  • needmoreneedmore Member Posts: 4
    I'm another newbie when it comes to leasing...

2006 2.0T

MSRP 41035

Price: 38200

24 month lease
    12000 miles/year
    460 / month including taxes (Los Angeles)

Does that sound right?

While I'm at it, does that price sound good for

A4 2.0T quattro
    Sunroof
    Premium
    S-Line
    Tech
    Nav?

I keep coming up w/ different prices from here and audiusa.com...is $38200 a good deal?
  • bimmer12bimmer12 Member Posts: 72
    Hi Carman,

Could you please post the April lease rates (mf, residual) for an Audi S4 and an Audi S4 25th Anniversary? Preferred terms for both are 36 mths and 15K. I would also be interested in a shorter term if you think the rates are advantageous.
    Thanks in Advance and keep up the good work on this excellent forum! :shades:
    what is your beacon and / or fico score?
    For considerations, I'd say its above 700...750+ i would hope..
    You're welcome, cptsilver. It's tough to say what Audi's lease program will be like on the A4 Avant several months from now. Check to see if Audi allows consumers who order vehicles to "lock in" their current lease program. I know that BMW allows consumers who order vehicles to do so. The advantage to locking in a vehicle's lease program is that consumers who do so can choose between the program that was available when they ordered their vehicle and the one that is available when it is delivered and pick the more attractive one. I'm not sure if Audi Financial Services allows this, but its worth a shot.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi kurtamaxxxguy. Consumers are free to lease Audis for up to four years. The reason why 36 month Audi leases are the most common is that Audi Financial Services' lease program is the most attractive for that term. Its money factors increase a little but for 39 month terms and skyrocket for 48 month terms.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello needmore. The selling price that you were quoted for this car looks reasonable to me. The lease payment that you were quoted looks about right as well. If you like the car, I personally don't see any reason not to pull the trigger on this deal. For additional feedback on this car's selling price, make sure to stop by the following discussion: "Audi A4: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks bimmer12. I'm glad that you enjoy this forum so much. I see that you are switching from your namesake :). If you were to lease a 2006 Audi S4 Sedan through Audi Financial Services in April for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00205 and 54%, respectively. The money factor is the sale for the Anniversary Edition, but the residual value for this term and mileage would drop to 47%.

Car_man
    Host
  • mattzinzimattzinzi Member Posts: 4
    Hey CarMan...

Do you have the April MF and Residuals for the following:

2006 Audi A4 2.0T Avant

10K, 12K, 15K miles
    24, 36, 39, 42 months if available

I live in CT if it matters.

Thanks as always!!!
  • cvpacguycvpacguy Member Posts: 14
    What is the current MF and residual on an '06 A4 with the 2.0T, non-quattro? Got a broker quote today for .00053 and 53% but the residual sounds low. Looking at 15k/36 months. Thanks!
  • mkrezmkrez Member Posts: 1
    Interested in an 3.2 A4 Quattro, Dolphin Gray. MSRP is $43,935. My telephone quote for a 36-month, 15,000 mile lease was approximately $600/month based on the following:

Cap cost: $40,700.
    Due at signing: $1500 ($866 of which is "minimum fees", the rest a down payment)
    Residual value: 54%
    Money factor: .00055

None of this seems to add up - first, I know not to put any unneeded money down, but what IS REQUIRED at lease inception (minimum fees, if any)? Second, how can his money factor quote be so low, compared to what you stated earlier in this thread? Is it likely that this is going to "magically" change at the dealership (too good to be true)? Third, when leasing, do you only pay sales tax on the difference between the cap cost and residual value? Fourth, the fact that his cap cost was based on, essentially, the invoice price, even though there was little negotiating to this point, scares me - should it?

If I run the numbers through the edmunds leasing calculator, I get the payment he is quoting only if I use the sales tax on the difference between the cap cost and the residual ... but it does come out to his quote.

It's in Massachusetts, just outside of Boston, if that matters at all.

Thanks in advance.
  • bimmer12bimmer12 Member Posts: 72
    Thanks Carman! Yes, I am looking to switch from my namesake as i am not too thrilled w/ the new bmw designs. Anyways, the residual on the anniversary edition is terrible for a lease so I may just stick to the S4 or wait for the high-powered RS4. Thanks for everything.
  • qylqyl Member Posts: 7
    Hello Car_man,

Do you know the current money factor and residual value %for Audi A4 2.0T Quattro? I am looking for a quartz grey Audi A4 2.0T Quattro with Sunroof package, 24 months, 15,000 miles per year lease. The MSRP is $34,135, invoice is $31,741. The price quote I got from 3 dealers is around $32,600.

Thanks.

QYL
  • playc3playc3 Member Posts: 1
    Hey Car_man,

I just got back from my local dealer and have some numbers to chew over. Here's what I'm looking at:

A4 2.0T Quatro
    Dolphin Grey
    Premium/Sunroof/Cold Weather/Audio packages
    Sports suspension.
    MSRP: $38,010
    Lease Terms: 36 months/10,000 miles
    Lease-End Value: $21,665 (57%)

I was going to put $3,000 down, although I may rethink that after reading through your posts. Given that, my monthly payments were quoted at $469. I didn't get the Money Factor, but perhaps there's a way to back into it? Good deal? How much wiggle room do I have and where do I start the negotiations?

Thanks so much for your help. I'm so fortunate to have stumbled upon this board.
    I forgot to mention that my drive off is $1400...

is it still a good deal?
  • packybpackyb Member Posts: 1
    Another newbie on the board - hoping to get some feedback on a lease deal for a 2006 Audi A4 1.8 Cabriolet. Live in CA - Bay Area - if that's relevant.

Here's the offer:
    2006 Audi A4 1.8 Cabriolet
    Premium Package and S line Package. Retail price $43,160

With minimum down, a 36 month lease, with 15,000 miles a year, payment - including tax and all fees - is approximately $620/month.

or

With $4,000 down, the payment is closer to $450/month.

Good deal?
  • d_dietcoked_dietcoke Member Posts: 1
    Is that money factor for a 36 month lease? I was quoted .00095 MF for a 24 month lease. Wasn't sure if that changes with the lease length. I'm trying to get as much information to give to teh dealer when I start to negotiate. Thanks!
  • qylqyl Member Posts: 7
    Never trust the dealer. Leith Audi at Raleigh promised a 0.00064 MF 65% residual value for 15K miles/ year, 24 month lease then they changed to 0.00095 when I sign the lease and they also increased the price they promised.
  • studleestudlee Member Posts: 6
    that sounds good...how much down are you putting? i was quoted 600 for 36months/15k/0 down, just first payment.
This discussion has been closed.