Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• theprogrammertheprogrammer Member Posts: 8
    smanzur, did u go to purdue? ur name sounds so similar to someone i knew back there...
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Your credit certainly is in good shape, gophaster. Here's the information about Audi's lease program that you're looking for. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 A4 2.0T FWD Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00115 and 75%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00115 and 61%. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi again gophaster. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi twnmango. I don't believe that the addition of the S-Line package has any impact upon vehicles' money factors. It does lower vehicles' residual values by 2% though. The money factor that you mentioned is higher than Audi Financial Services' buy rate for a normal 2007 Audi A4 2.0T Avant with the S-Line package. AFS' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of this vehicle with 15,000 miles per year are .00115 and 68%, respectively. Perhaps the dealer that you are working with is marking this vehicle's money factor up a little bit to make up for the fact that they are selling you this vehicle at invoice.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    You've made a wise choice, catatonic. Audi's lease program on the A4 is much much better than its lease program for the A3. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2007 A4 2.0T FWD Sedan with the S-Line Package with 15,000 miles per year are .00115 and 56%, respectively. The residual value for an otherwise identical lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Welcome a4lease4me. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 A4 2.0T Sedan with quattro and 12,000 miles per year are .00115 and 75%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00115 and 61%. Using the prices that you mentioned in your post, an MSRP of $31,090 and a selling price of $29,500, I estimate that this car's 24 month, 12,000 mile per year, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $319. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are $349.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi audiavant1. A few weeks ago Audi enhanced its lease program on the 2007 A4 through the end of November. Its lease program on this car is very attractive right now. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 A4 2.0T Avant with 15,000 miles per year are .00115 and 70%, respectively. Audi's lease program for the A4 varies by trim level, but it is just as attractive for all of the versions of this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey mbartels11. Yep, Audi is now advertising a very attractive monthly payment on this car. Not only that, unlike other advertised leases that require large down payments and have very low mileage allowances, this lease is zero down with 15,000 miles per year. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 A4 2.0T quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00115 and 73%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi kevin34. While I normally believe that pre-paid maintenance programs are a waste of money a number of manufacturers' captive finance companies provide a boost in the residual values for vehicles that are enrolled in this sort of program. I believe that this may be the case with Audi. If it does provide a residual value boost, this program would almost pay for itself. Check with the F&I person at the dealership that you are working with to see what the difference in lease payment would be for a vehicle leased with and without pre-paid maintenance.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Congratulations on your new car, drjoed. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Enjoy!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi edrn. This is a tough call. I normally believe that getting out of leased vehicles early is a big waste of money. However it is difficult to say whether Audi will extend its new special lease program for the A4 past its current December 4th end date.

The lease-end purchase prices of leased vehicle are often more expensive than an identical vehicle would cost if you were to purchase it used. If you are considering purchasing your BMW and keeping it, make sure to compare its purchase option price with its current value on the open market. You may be able to get a good idea of how much this car is worth by looking it up in the following section of this site: Edmunds.com Used Vehicles. If your car's purchase price appears to be too high, you can always try to negotiate with BMW FS to see if they would be willing to lower your car's price or just walk away from your car.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi Viz. The money factor that you were quoted for this car is right in line with Audi Financial Services' current buy rate for it. This is a good sign because it means that the dealer you are working with is not marking your car's factor up to add additional hidden back-end profit to your deal. The selling price that you were quoted, $800 over dealer invoice, looks good to me as well. You can always stop by the following discussion to compare it to what others have paid for similar cars lately if you'd like: "Audi A4: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Overall I would say that this is a good deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi smanzur. I am sorry to say that I had to delete your message because it contained your e-mail address. Edmunds.com does not allow community members to post their e-mail addresses in messages. If you want someone to contact you, make your e-mail address in your profile public and tell people to check there. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • vizviz Member Posts: 75
    Car_man,
    Thanks a lot. I was waiting for your response.
    It seems like the dealers in this area are quoting in same range. However, I was just wondering how some people in this forum are quoting Sellig price less than invoice.

Another dilemma - Right now I lease 2003 bmw 530i with all options. I still have 4 payments left. So one option is to pay 4 payments+ 1,000 for mileage and get into leasing A4 now. Another option is buyout of BMW by dealer is 23k but the dealers are only willing to pay 19k according to kbb. However, edmunds, N.A.DA quotes are more than 19k.
    What should I do? Is this the best deal for Audi now? Now I started to looking at Lexus since they might pay higher for the car. Catch 22 situation :(
    Thanks.
  • dilberticdilbertic Member Posts: 63
    My old Audi was on it's last legs so I went to the dealer and worked this deal for a 24 month lease.. Not sure how good of a deal I got but it seems fair?

2007 A4 Sedan 2.0T Quattro AT6
    MSRP 31,540
    Ibis white N/C
    Beige Int N/C
    6-Speed Auto trans Tiptronic(r)
    Audi Nav Plus 2100.00
    Convenience Package 1900.00
    Premium Package 1900.00
    Multi-Function Streering wheel 690.00
    BlueTooth 500.00
    Heated front seats 450.00
    Beige Birch wood trim 400.00
    Sport Suspension 250.00
    > Dest Charge 750.00
    Total - 40,450

500.00 from a trade in taken off the auto price, 2500.00 pays tax and Lic and 419.00 + Tax per month for 24 months, 15k miles a year.

Gross Auto Price 37,488.00
    Cap Reduc cost 14,440.57
    Adj Cap Cost 36,047.43
    Residual Value 28,871.50
    Depreciation 07,175.93
    Rent Charge 02,882.47
    Total Of Base 10,058.40
    lease term 24mo
    15k Miles per year

This is my first lease, not sure how I did? 5k Service free and free car wash at dealer

Thanks,

Dil
  • catatoniccatatonic Member Posts: 10
    Thanks Car_man. You mentioned on another post that Audi has enhanced its lease programs through November. Do you think they will maintain these rates until the end of the year or get better (worse) next month? Is there such thing as a best time of the year to lease this car?

Also, if I cannot find the exact options combo at any local dealer and have to special order the car, should I expect any extra fees with it?

Thanks again.
    Hi.
    I heard a rumor that specials on Audi is going to be better in December. Can someone validate that for me? I am ready to buy A4.

BTW, when I test drove A4 2.0T tiptronic, when merging onto highway, its quite noisy. Did someone observe that? Any comments?

Thanks,
    Viz
  • jingerjinger Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I'm in a bit of a dilema and hope you can help. I have 3 options and I'm not sure which is best:

1. '06 Audi A4 w/ Sunroof, Premium package, tech package, and Navigation package. MSRP=37,135. Negotiated down to 33,500 and with my trade-in a little over $31,000. Monthly payments= $600
    2. '07 Audi A4 standard. Lease. Monthly payments= $359
    3. '06 Saab 9-3 (loaner car with approx. 400 miles). MSRP= $23,700. Negotiated down to $21,000 and with my trade in= $19,000. Monthly payments=$385.
    Looking at the numbers on Audi website for A4 quattro 2T , 379/month deal...Whats wrong with the calculation. I dont get 379...However, if I put in my dealer numbers, its correct.
    Res value is 73% of MSRP

MSRP -33510
    cap cost -33510
    Res value - 24462.3
    term -24 months
    MF -0.00115
    M.Int- 66.668145
    M.Dep - 376.9875
    Payment - 443.655645
    I saw this formula in some other forum.
    (Capitalized Cost – Residual Value) / Term = Monthly Depreciation
    (Capitalized Cost + Residual Value) X Money Factor = Monthly Interest
    Monthly Depreciation + Monthly Interest = Base Monthly Payment
  • leensleens Member Posts: 4
    Hey Viz,
    Did you get any info on the better December lease program for audi? I am ready to purchase and only have til Saturday for the lease promotion now. Don't want to miss a better deal
  • edrnedrn Member Posts: 17
    Thanks Car_Man for your advice. I think I'm going to hold out until the end of my lease to make a decision.I'm sure I'll be contacting you again.... :shades:
    Well, I wish we know for sure. Someone told me its going to be better. I went another dealer yesterday and he feels this is the best promotion and it cant get better. He thinks this promotion might continue but guarantee....
    Sorry..I dont have a straight answer.
    Thanks.
    Viz
  • jryan2003jryan2003 Member Posts: 9
    Just wanted to share my experience.

I am coming off my lease tomorrow 11/30, my vehicle was inspected previously so all I need to do is turn it in. On Saturday 11/25 I call my local AUDI dealer to schedule an appointment to bring in the car. This is when the dealer(mohegan lake motors in Westchester) told me that they will not accept a lease return from someone who did not buy the car from them!! I called AUDI financial and they confirmed that the dealership is not required to take the vehicle unless they sold it!!

Now I am a little angry because the dealer where I bought the car is about 50 miles from my home(Town motors in Englewood NJ). I call and ask to make an appointment to return the car. The salesman that answered the phone told me I didn't need an appointment, just come in anytime 9-5 Monday-Friday, just call an hour ahead to let them know I was coming in.

Today my wife and I take off of work to bring the car in, I call the dealer at 10AM get transferred around and end up leaving a message for the sales manager. After waiting for a call back for 30 minutes I call again, this time I speak to a salesman who says they only accept lease returns on Monday and Friday, after a brief argument I end up with the managers voice mail again. Another 30 minutes goes by, My wife calls the dealer, this time a salesman tells her they are too busy to take any lease returns today and she get transferred to the sales manager and big surprise gets his voice mail. So I call AUDI financial, I get put on hold for about 10 minutes after explaining my situation, then I am told that they are working on it can they call me back.

At 12:30 the sales manager finally called me back, after arguing with him for 15 minutes he agrees to take the car tomorrow at 9AM, so my wife and I have to take another day off tomorrow. The person at AUDI financial still has not called me back.

And AUDI charges $350 to terminate a lease!!! I can say with certainty that I will never lease or buy another AUDI.
  • dino001dino001 Member Posts: 6,165
    And AUDI charges $350 to terminate a lease!!!

This is nothing special. Almost everybody does that.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• jryan2003jryan2003 Member Posts: 9
    And AUDI charges $350 to terminate a lease!!!

This is nothing special. Almost everybody does that.

Think you missed my point. 6 hours on the phone and 2 days off from work and I get to pay $350.
    This was my 4th lease turn in, never had I had this kind of hassle. Ford, Pontiac, Mitsubishi never had to pay lease termination, didnt have to return to same dealer I bought the car from and one phone call was all it took to set up a turn in. Now I lease a "Luxury Car" and there is nothing but hassles. As for everyone does that, this is the first time I have ever paid a lease termination charge, however I would not mind the charge if they did anything for it.
  • polonitapolonita Member Posts: 1
    I want to lease Audi A4 via 1pay lease. Do I still need above average credit score if I make the entire lease payment in advance? Should the payment be less than all the lease payments over 24 months combined?

Thanks.
  • twodomestwodomes Member Posts: 73
    just got back from santa monica audi. heres the deal i got. let me know what you think:

2007 Audi A4 2.0T CVT with 35 miles on it, Black ext/ Ebony int.
    Options: Navigation, Premium Package, Audio Package, Wood Trim, Bluetooth, Convenience Package
    msrp:$37,060
    mf: .00115
    residual: 72%
    term: 24 months with option to extend up to 6 additional months with no additional fees
    miles: 15k/yr
    $ paid at signing: $1640 (575 acq. fee, 343 cap cost reduction, 400 1st month payment, and 300 license fees)
    monthly payment: $400
    $350 due at lease end if I don't lease/buy another audi or vw

All in all, it was a pretty good experience. Got initial quotes over the phone, drove it the next day and closed the deal that night. car is being delivered to my home tomorrow morning!

What do you think?
  • jmalloyjmalloy Member Posts: 1
    I think that's a great deal -- better than the one I got last week. I got an '07 2.0T with heated seats, sunroof, metalic paint and wood trim for $395/month x 24 months with no money down. I thought my deal was fair, but yours is far better.
  • jordachejordache Member Posts: 1
    I am looking on the following deal for Friday PM:

Audi A4 Quattro 2.0T Deep Blue Metallic Pearl
    Premium Package
    Winter Package

MSRP 34,310
    36 months
    15000 miles
    59% residual 20242

$2415.68 down (Doc fee $84, Aquisition $575, NY Tire Fee $12.50, Tax $1294.65)

payment $449.53

Dealer to pay off last two payments ($389 ea) on current lease.

What do you think?

Also, my old car 2003 A4 is over miles. They are telling me I owe milage overage, and the car needs new tires. Any ideas on this? (not complaining, just checking).
  • guru_ckguru_ck Member Posts: 25
    Hey Guys,

Just leased a 2007 Deep Sea Blue A4 6 Speed Quattro after reading this site from 12am to 6am last night =). Since this is my first leased vehicle I learned as much as I could but there are allot of number on this lease agreement. What numbers do I need to post so you guys can look over it and reassure me that I got a good deal?

Thanks!

-Chris
    2007 Audi A4
    2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

OPTIONS:
    WPX Premium Package
    PPX Convenience Package
    -- Metallic/Pearl Effect Paint

$32,834 for the car
    $2600 down ($1196 of it is capitol reduction)
    24 months, 15K/year
    $396.44/month
  • hchen45hchen45 Member Posts: 6
    Here is the lease price I was quoted last week. 2007 Audi A4 2.0 TFSI 200 HP multitronic (Silver/Platinum color, Premium Pkg, Convenience Pkg).

MSRP $33,535
    Sale Price $32,150
    Sales Tax $2009.38
    Inventory Tax $74.91
    License/Registration $72.30
    Title $33
    2 yr Inspection $21.75
    Docs $50.00
    Down Payment $938.66 ($575 acquisition fee + first month's payment)
    Total of $3200 due at signing
    The rate is 3.95% w.a.c.

24 months lease
    15k miles/year
    $3200 total down
    $389/month w.a.c.
    72% residual value after 24 months
    I got quote for A4 2T quattro with no premium color and rest is same as yours-

402/month/15k miles per year.
    Due at signing 1st month payment+575 Acq fee +320 doc fee, ttile taxes.

residual is 73% and MF is 2.76
    So you still have room to wiggle- Shop around!
  • yellow1yellow1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I am writing to ask for experiences with a situation that I have been receiving mixed responses from Audi dealers.

when I went to the dealer yesterday to lease an A4, contrary to information I was given by another dealer 40 miles away, this dealer told me that there is a $400 penalty levied by Audi at the end of lease if I do not have authorized Audi dealers service the 15K and 25K maintenance. These are the service check-ups that the lease owner has to pay out of pocket. Thus, they recommended purchasing the $550 service contract, which is actually a good deal with the lease was longer than 24 months. I am only interested in leasing the car for 24 months.

I asked for a copy of the lease contract. Section 18 from Audi indicates that the lease owner is required to service the car using Audi service and parts or service and parts of similar quality. Section 18 does not stipulate a mandatory requiremet that all service work be performed by Audi dealers. However, the dealer adds this requirement into the contract by typing in the comments section.

While in the office of the dealer requiring this, I called 2 other dealers in the area. One told me he was unsure of this requirement. Another told me that if I am paying for the service, I should be able to service it wherever I want, so long as the check-list reconmmended by Audi in the manual is fulfilled. I tried to call Audi Financial services to get an authoritative answer but they were closed for the weekend.

Anyone willing to share similar experiences or information about this $400 penalty or service requirement is appreciated. I need to buy a car today or tomorrow.

Thank you.
    What does 550 cover?
    My dealer said its of no use since its around 2 check ups and it would cost 200 on the whole.
  • leensleens Member Posts: 4
    Wedensday nov 29, in our local newspaper it had a local audi dealers ad approved by audi usa. It was the same lease terms as november but must take delievery by jan 2, 2oo7. Called my sales person and he checked w/ his manager who claims this ad is for the people who ordered the cars in the november lease, yet since most cars on back log they must take delievery by the jan. date
    Needles to say I am going to argue this one.
  • yellow1yellow1 Member Posts: 2
    According to the dealers in the SF Bay Area, it is worth it to buy the $550 service contract because it covers all of the service checkups required even beyond the 30K miles 24-month lease. I believe the 550 contract covers up to 45K miles.

You see, I was told the exact opposite of 2 checkups should only cost $200. I am told that the 15K maintenance will probably run about $300 and the 25K maintenance will be roughly $225. This will include synthentic oil changes, air filter, pollen filter, and possibly other items, and the Audi technician's time at $140 per hour.

I am wondering if anyone has heard whether Audi penalizes you $400 if you do not service your car at their dealerships.

Thanks,
    The finance manager at Stevens Creek Audi pushed me away from buying the service plan since I will only have the car for 24 months. He says on 36 month leases it actually increases the residual lowering your monthly payments.

Here are my finance details... I think I got a very high residual rate! 75%?

2007 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro 200 HP 6 speed

Base: 30,340.00
    Exterior Deep Sea Blue Pearl Effect 475.00
    Convenience package 2,100.00
    Premium package 800.00
    MSRP: 33,715.00

Gross cap: 32,834.50 (price of the car)
    Cap reduction: 1196.66 (my down payment towards making the car cheaper)
    Adjusted cap: 31637.84
    Residual value: 25137.55 (this is the purchase price if I want the car at lease end)
    Depreciation: 6500.29 (the difference between adjusted cap and residual)
    Rent charge: 2289.23 (interest)
    Total of base monthly: 8789.52 (depreciation plus rent charge)
    Lease payments: 24 months
    Base monthly payment: 366.23
    Tax: 30.21 (CA 8.25%)
    Total monthly payment: 396.44
    Total payments: 12068.13 (monthly payment x 23 months + total down of 2600.01 + turn in fee of 350.00)

Down payment explained:
    Cap reduction: 1196.66
    Taxes on cap reduction: 98.72 (you would pay these even if you did $0 down and the cap reduction was rolled into the monthly?)
    First monthly payment: 396.44
    Acquisition fee: 575.00
    License fees: 277.00
    Sales tax: 47.44 (for what?)
    CA tire fee: 8.25
    Total: 2600.01

WOW, that's allot of numbers but I think I am understanding things a little better now that they are on the computer and not this lengthy consumer lease agreement =). Anyway, how did I do, what points of the lease could I have worked on more if all?
    I ran the numbers through the calc at http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm

I think my interest rate is around 4%. What is the norm for a lease? This is one area I may have skimped on.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100
    The tax on the cap reduction is because you paid that money upfront, which reduces your payment.

The other sales tax is on the acquisition fee, which was also paid upfront.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

2.7% I think ...
    Residual 73% and Money factor - 0.00115
  • kellicharesekellicharese Member Posts: 4
    I contacted a dealer to get a quote related o the lease specials running on the A4 ($359/month for 24 months @ 15K per year). The following is the quote I received; can someone shed some light on whetehr or not this is a good deal???? Also, is it a good idea to pay all taxes upfront?
    Thanks much!!

New 2007 AUDI A4 8EC5E* 4d Sdn 2.0T quattro

State: MI County: STATE INCLUSIVE
    Lease Term: 24
    Total Payment: 415.44
    Out of Pocket: 1,252.14
    MSRP: 33,985.00
    Residual: 24,809.05
    Mileage: 15,000

CUSTOMER DISCLOSURE
    Vehicle: New 2007 AUDI A4 8EC5E* 4d Sdn 2.0T quattro w/AC , Automatic , Odom: 0 , Stock No: 7A146577

Payment Details
    Term: 24
    Base Payment: 391.92
    Total Payment: 415.44
    Purchase Option: 24,809.05
    MSRP: 33,985.00
    Est. Miles Per Year: 15,000
    Disposition Fee: 350.00
    Excess Mileage Charge: 0.25

Money Due at Inception
    1st Month Payment: 415.44
    Security Deposit: 0.00
    Acq Fee (Upfront): 575.00
    Fees & Ins: (Upfront) 217.00
    Upfront Taxes: 44.70
    Cap Reduction (Cash): 0.00
    Total Out of Pocket 1,252.14
    Customer Rebates: 0.00
    Total Initial Charges: 1,252.14

Tax Information
    Customer State: Michigan Customer County: STATE INCLUSIVE
    Type Amount Rate Paid
    Cashdown 44.70 6.0000 Upfront
    Monthly 23.52 6.0000 Capped

Fee Information
    Description Amount Paid
    Registration 8.00 Upfront
    Title 15.00 Upfront
    Other 24.00 Upfront
    Document 170.00 Upfront
    No Premium or conv package?
    During lease, anything down is not supposed to be good...
    Check Audi site - they have a lease special going on...
    I bought A4 recently-
    A4 quattro 2T, 15k/yr, $1.5k down (taxes, doc acq fee),Conv pkg, Premium pkg, Metallic color- 410/month+taxes.
  • dilberticdilbertic Member Posts: 63
    This is the deal I got at the same dealer in San Jose!! I had a few more things added onto the car but it almost te same as yours. No clue how I did on the deal;
    2007 A4 Sedan 2.0T Quattro AT6
    MSRP 31,540
    Ibis white N/C
    Beige Int N/C
    6-Speed Auto trans Tiptronic(r)
    Audi Nav Plus 2100.00
    Convenience Package 1900.00
    Premium Package 1900.00
    Multi-Function Streering wheel 690.00
    BlueTooth 500.00
    Heated front seats 450.00
    Beige Birch wood trim 400.00
    Sport Suspension 250.00
    > Dest Charge 750.00 >> Total - 40,450
    500.00 from a trade in taken, 2500.00 payied for tax and Lic and whatever 419.00 + Tax per month for 23 months, 15k miles a year.

Gross Auto Price 37,488.00
    Cap Reduc cost 14,440.57
    Adj Cap Cost 36,047.43
    Residual Value 28,871.50
    Depreciation 07,175.93
    Rent Charge 02,882.47
    Total Of Base 10,058.40
    lease term 24mo
    15k Miles per year

Dil
  • undecided21undecided21 Member Posts: 3
    Help!!

Does anyone have A4 prices in Canada?

I am looking into a deal below and not sure if I should go for it:

2007 A4 2.0T Quattro
    Convenience package
    S-Line package
    bluetooth

$46,500
    3K due on delivery
    45 month lease
    $700 monthly including taxes

Any other better prices out there?
    Nice, I was pretty satisfied with the service at Stevens Creek Audi.

On another note does anyone know if you can pay for the entire lease up front? My friend has poor credit so I was wondering if this would be a way to get around the credit requirements?
  • floridabob1floridabob1 Member Posts: 1,190
    Just leased an A4 2.0 CVT for 24 mo/convenience package/premium package, Deep Sea Pearl and dark wood trim
    $1000 out of pocket and $381/mo including tax. I think it's a good deal?? Comments..... They made a point about the 15/25,ooo mi checkups and the $400 penalty if serviced elsewhere. I was told cost would be about $300 for first one and $175 for the second one. I'm looking for a way around this. I've never had to do this with any other leases. Let me know if anyone finds out info regarding this. Thanks
  • yyykenyyyken Member Posts: 14
    My Audi Sales guy tells me that the lease deals Audi has now won't be this good until a full year from now . . . Anyone know how much worse they usually are? . . Trying to debate how low I should let my old car go for without giving up all the savings on the A4 . . . $379 mth, nothing down, but A4 2.0 quatro, prempackage/heated seats, $33,510 sticker, 73% residual . . . Thanks!
    How come we are all paying 2-3k in interest? I did a calculation on a standard loan over 2 years and it's far less.
  • nebatuganebatuga Member Posts: 9
    Good question, YYYKEN. I heard the same words from a sales person in Georgia. He didn't think January's lease deal will be nearly as good as November's was and December's is. My two-year lease on a 2005 A4 expires end of January. I'd like to know if it makes sense to make the last payment and sign a new two year lease under the current program, which means I'd need to take delivery by Jan 2. Maybe I'd make up the $456 January (final) payment on the '05 A4 over the course of 24 months via the savings on a car under December's great lease program… and have the pleasure of driving an '07 A4. If I knew what Audi was going to offer in January, I could sort this out, but that's not really knowable, is it? As the '05 was my first leased car, I'm not sure whether I'm breaking any unspoken rules against turning your car in early. Ideas? Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.