Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A6 Lease Questions

Comments

• cstabilecstabile Member Posts: 29
    Hello,

I am looking for the residuals and money factors for a 2006 A6 3.2 Quattro for 36/39/48 month terms with 12k and 15k per year. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Chris
  • rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    That residual is correct.

It's 55% for a 10k miles / 36months, and slightly less for 12k miles / 36months.

Also, the money rate factor is at the discrection of the dealer. They don't have to give you the best one available, it's up to you to ask for it.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Greetings nycaudi. You certainly have an appropriate username. Let's take a look at the deal that you were quoted. The lease money factor and residual value that the dealer is giving you are right in line with Audi Financial Services' current base lease program for this car. This is a good sign because it means that the dealer that you are working with is being straightforward with you and not trying to add hidden back-end profit to your deal by marking-up your car's money factor.

Now let's take a look at this car's selling price. A 2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro with the Technology and Premium Packages has a spread of only $1,900 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. You are being given a discount of $2,390 on the car that you are considering, assuming that the cap cost that you mentioned hasn't taken any sort of cap cost reduction into account. This is an excellent price for this car. Using the prices that you mentioned and AFS' current lease program, I estimate that this car should have a 24 month, 15,000 miles per year, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $821. Assuming that the payment that you were quoted includes tax and you aren't making any sort of cap cost reduction, you are pretty close to this figure. If you are making a cap cost reduction, try to get the dealer to lower it.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
    Hi skibumnj. Last month Audi has owner loyalty and conquest cash (for non-Audi owners) incentives on the 2006 A6. Unfortunately, both of these programs expired and according to the fairly reliable sources who I have spoken with Audi is not planning on bringing them back in the near future. Of course, anything can change with a month or two of bad sales so it is impossible to predict whether or not Audi will bring these offers back with 100% certainty. The lease money factor and residual value that you were quoted for this car are right on the money. The impact upon your the car's lease payment that the option that you mentioned will have will depend upon whether it Audi Financial Services allows it to be residualized. Many factory installed options can be fully residualized. Dealer installed options and some upgraded wheels often cannot. If this is the case then you would have to pay for the entire price of the option over the life of your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello Chris. If you were to lease a 2006 Audi A6 3.2 Sedan with quattro through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00075 and 52%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease should be .00095 and 49%. Don't bother with a 48 month lease on this car because Audi is not supporting 48 month lease money factors and your lease payment for this term will be much higher. AFS' 12,000 miles per year residual values are 2% higher than its 15,000 miles per year residuals.

Car_man
    Host
  • cstabilecstabile Member Posts: 29
    Thanks for the info CarMan. It will very helpful.
  • skibumnjskibumnj Member Posts: 12
    Thank you Car_man. The residual for the 36 mo/12K lease turned out to be 54%, as you stated in another response above. I went ahead and leased the car and I think I got a decent deal, even without the owner loyalty. I posted the details in the prices paid forum.

Thanks again!
  • whichluxurycarwhichluxurycar Member Posts: 54
    I assume that a lease money factor of .00075 is a "special offer" rate. Am I right? Does this just apply to the quattro? Do you know the factors/ residuals for the front wheel drive model?
  • whichluxurycarwhichluxurycar Member Posts: 54
    Car man, just in case you need it to answer #61, above: I am located in Houston, Texas. (I understand that there are sometimes regional offers?)
  • audietcaudietc Member Posts: 5
    I just closed an excellent deal on a new 3.2 quattro, premium package, sunroof, sirius satellite (inc. a 9 month subscription). Deal was done in CT.

msrp $49,190
    36 mo. / 12k
    mf .00075
    rv 54%
    $1225 total out of pocket
    $590/month (exc. tax)

The numbers work out to be pretty much at the invoice price for this car. I called three other dealers in the area and they said they would lose money if the gave me that deal.

It's my first Audi and after driving it last night for the first time, I'm in awe.
    You're very welcome, cstabile. I'm glad that I was able to help you out.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem, skibumnj. Congratulations on your new car and thanks for taking the time to share the details with everyone. Enjoy!

Car_man
    Host
    Yes, whichluxurycar, a money factor of .00075 is considered to be special. This money factor is available on both 2006 Audi A6 3.2 Sedan quattro and non-quattro models, but the residual values for the 2WD version are 1% lower than the quattro version.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on your new car, audietc. It sounds like you got an excellent deal. Thanks for taking the time to share the details with everyone. Enjoy (it's a nice car so I know that you will :)).

Car_man
    Host
  • akassemakassem Member Posts: 9
    Wow! a paymet of $590 per month is awesome!
    I am shopping for the same car. Can you please help me figure out how you got to the numbers you did?

I assume you have Premium pkg, tech. pkg w/XM radio, Sunroof. Do you have the Cold weather pkg and heated steerin wheel?

Also, what did your out of pocket cost include?
    Any trade in?

I would love tolearn how you got your deal and get a similar one....

Thanks for the help.
    akassem - the car has premium package, sunroof package and sirius (not the full tech package). out of pocket should have been $1720 to get the price i got, but the dealer was supposedly eating the cost. the agreed out of pocket was $1600, but i also got the dealer to cover the last payment on my expiring non-adui lease ($375, so my net out of pocket was $1225)). i honestly don't know how they were able to make money on the deal. as i said, three other dealers wouldn't even ty to match this deal. i used a dealer recommended by a relative who bought and s4 from them early last year. my relaive actually put me in touch with the general manager of the dealership. it probably also helped that i closed the deal on the last day of the month.
  • akassemakassem Member Posts: 9
    Thanks Auditec. You got one hell of a deal. Thanks again for your help. I intend to shop this deal with several dealers to see who will bite!
  • awd2003awd2003 Member Posts: 54
    I'm looking to lease a 2006 A6 3.2 auto, Prem and sunroof
    36 month/10k/yr
    I was quoted $599 a month with $2700 out of pocket. No cap cost. The dealer is in CT
  • uofm4321uofm4321 Member Posts: 1
    awd2003, I don't know if this will help you or not since I leased my A6 on 12/26/2006, but here's what I got: A63.2 with premium package, sunroof package, 18" alloy wheels w/all season tires and cold weather package in Atlas Gray. At the time, I was terminating an A6 lease, thus I got the $1,500 loyalty deal they had going at the time. I ended up with 36 month/12k, $584/month ($619/month including 6% Michigan sales tax), $1387 due at signing ($619 first months payment/$575 acquisition fee/$15 title fee/$8 license fee/$170 doc. fee. Hope this helps, good luck.
  • joestanzjoestanz Member Posts: 4
    Hi Carman,

I need you assistanace on a lease deal. I would like to 39 mth lease on a Audi A6 3.2 Quattro with the following features:
    (Atlas Gray, Amarato Leather Upholstery, premium package, technology package, sunroof package, 18" alloy wheels, walnut leather steering wheel, 15,000 miles/year).
    What is a good lease payment price if I am willing to put down $3,000? What is the residal value and lease factor? Thank You for the assitance!!! :confuse:
  • vswvsw Member Posts: 5
    Hi Carman,

How much should I pay for a 2006 Audi A6 lease with the following options:
    - A6 3.2 front trak
    - Premium Package
    - Sunroof
    - 18 inch wheels
    - satellite radio
    - AZ tax

Thanks in advance!
  • vswvsw Member Posts: 5
    Carman,

Sorry -

- looking for something around 36 months
    - mileage will be a little higher than normal, 20000 to 25000
    see my post #63 in this thread. i got $590 a month with $1225 out of pocket. similar options that you're looking for , but 12K/36. leased in ct. good luck!
  • awd2003awd2003 Member Posts: 54
    Your deal was good. I was told that Audi has a new program in Feb. The latest quote is
    A6 3.2 Prem, Sunroof and Heated steering wheel. 36mth/10k. $2000 out of pocket
    monthly payment of $588. +tx. A zero money out of pocket rate is $641.5 + tx.
    What town is your dealer located? ---thanks
    Hi everyone. Audi is scheduled to publish its new March lease program today. I should have an opportunity to take a look over within the next couple of days. I would appreciate it if those of you who still have questions about leasing one post a note for me later on this week. I'll be happy to answer any questions that you have on the new program then. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    Heads up....Audi has $1000 lease cash for returning Audi owners in March on the A6. 3.2 models only. No Avants or 4.2's are included.

Also, if you have a BMW, MB, Volvo, Infiniti, Lexus, or other highline automoblie titled in your name, they will give the $1000 lease cash as well.
  • bmwcccbmwccc Member Posts: 234
    Car Man, thank you for the offer to review my leasing questions.

I am looking at a 2006 4.2 A6.
    24 - 36 month period
    15,000 miles per year
    or
    20,000 miles per year
    MSRP of $57,750 includes 18" rims, Nav & Sirius
    Sale price of $54,500
    $0 money down except normal fees etc.
    I live in Ca. so tax rate is .0825 i think.

Please let me know what the residual is, the base rate is as well as the money factor if possible on the 2 different mileages.

Thanks in advance for your help!
    bmwccc
    No problem, bmwccc. If you were to lease a 2006 Audi A6 4.2L Sedan through Audi Financial Services right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00120 and 62%, respectively. The money factor for an otherwise identical 36 month lease would be the same, but the residual value would drop to 51%. 15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that AFS publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than this, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
  • shehzyshehzy Member Posts: 11
    Hi Car_Man. What is the MF and residual value for an A6 3.2 Quattro with 12000 miles/yr, 36 month lease?

As for sale price, should I expect to pay approx. $1000 over invoice if I have a few more options?

Lastly, the residual values for an A6 are now appearing to be much lower than last year making the 530xi lower in lease payments(around 60 to 62% RV). Should I expect the RV for A6 to go higher with time to close the gap with the 5 series?

Thanks!
  • wilbur4242wilbur4242 Member Posts: 2
    Hi there,
    I'm about to buy an A6 4.2 and I'm wondering what the March lease programs are? Any help would be great. I've read that there is 1000 rebate for previous Audi owners or other high end autos. Also I've seen money factors as low as .00075 to .00185. Thanks in advance.
    $1000 lease cash is for 3.2 cars only.
  • dolsey01dolsey01 Member Posts: 92
    What is the buy rate lease money factors, residual values for the current March Promotion for the Boston Area A6, Premium Package, Cold Weather, Sunroof Package for 36/15K? I currently have a CPO 2002 A6 that we purchased in July that has been into the shop 12 times since, and the dealer is offering to lease me a new A6 at invoice to make up for our horrible experience. I would like to figure out if they are really giving me a deal or not.

You help is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks
  • atlnlnatlnln Member Posts: 5
    Hi Car Man. I am missing something in a quote. Looking at a 2006 A6 Avant Wagon 3.2 Quattro
    Premier Leather
    Premium Package
    Power Trunk
    Technology Pkg/Sirius
    18" Alloy Wheels
    MSRP - $56,240
    36 mo. 15K miles
    Residual 29,244.80
    $4500.00Due
    PAYMENTS - 839.00

What am I missing? Lease Factor? Is this a good deal? I really love this car but cannot figure the payment. I have utilized all of the on-line tools. Thoughts? Recommentdations? Thanks much in advance - atlnln
  • fab_aq6fab_aq6 Member Posts: 1
    Hey Car Man,

First time leasing a car. I drive approx. 18000 miles a year how much per month would this add to my lease payments. I am looking at that Boston area special that ends 3-31-2006. Any advice is appreciated.
    :confuse: Looking at a 2006 A6 Avant Wagon 3.2 Quattro w/ Premiem Leather, Premium Package, Technology Pkg/Sirius, 18" Alloy Wheels.
    MSRP - $56,240 (how much discount is reasonable for lease)
    36 mo. 15K miles
    Residual 29,244.80
    $4500.00 Due (I am prepared to pay)
    PAYMENT - 839.00

What am I missing? Lease Factor? Is this a good deal? :confuse: I have utilized all of the on-line tools. Thoughts? Recommentdations? Thanks much in advance - atlnln
  • rheiserheise Member Posts: 7
    I am being offered a lease with a MF of .00246 and residual of 52% on a 2006 A6 3.2 Avant with technology, premium, cold weather and power tailgate. MSRP is $55,430 and they are willing to sell for $4600 off of list, which seems to put it below cost. That is what I calculated to get a certain monthly payment.

I am wondering whether that MF is artifically to high. I have heard of factors around .00075 or .00125 which would mean that they are not giving much off of list at all to get to that payment.

Anyone know if current MF values are in that lower range? If so, I would want to negotiate more off of list (and reduce my high cap cost reduction).

HZ
    Hi shehzy. If you were to lease a 2006 Audi A6 3.2 Sedan with quattro through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00110 and 57%, respectively. As far as this car's selling price goes, $1,000 over invoice sounds reasonable to me, but you may want to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars recently: "Audi A6: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Vehicles residual values generally decrease as the model year progresses, so I highly doubt that you will see this car's residuals increase to bring them closer to the 5-Series' residuals. BMW artificially inflates its vehicles' residual values to essentially provide hidden lease support. This is why the 530xi's residuals are so much higher than the A6's.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi wilbur4242. Audi's lease program for this car varies depending upon how long you lease it for and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. If you were to lease a 2006 Audi A6 4.2 through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00120 and 51%, respectively. You are right about the $1,000 incentive for loyal Audi customers or current owners of certain luxury vehicles, but unfortunately it is only available on A6 3.2 sedan models so the 4.2 that you are interested in is not eligible for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings dolsey01. If you were to lease a 2006 Audi A6 3.2 Sedan with quattro through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00075 and 52%, respectively. Dealer invoice is a pretty good deal for this car, but it's not as good as you would initially think because it probably means that the dealer you are working with is going to pocket the $1,000 owner loyalty cash that is available on this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi atlnln. The first and most important thing that you are missing is this car's selling price. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this lease if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome fab_aq6. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to work up a sample lease payment on the car that you are interested in for you if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    You're right, rheise. The money factor that you were quoted for this model is much higher than Audi Financial Services' current buy rate for it. It looks like the dealer that you are working with is giving you a large discount on this car and then trying to make back some of the lost profit on the back-end of your deal. I don't believe that you ever mentioned how long you want to lease this vehicle for or how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it, but if you were to lease a 2006 Audi A6 3.2 Avant through AFS right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00115 and 52%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for your reply! The "sticker" price was $56+change. They dealer said they would reduce by $1000.00 and another $1000.00 if I had a family member w/ a BMW or had previously owned a BMW. I also offered to pay $4500.00 at sale. Can't assume this would all go to cap cost reduction as there are other fees. So maybe 51K? Although I love the car, I am about over my "new car fever" :)
  • dolsey01dolsey01 Member Posts: 92
    Thanks Car_man,

I think they offered a respectable deal. They were offering the $1000 in loyalty cash and they were $1500 higher on my trade that any other dealer. They are making up for a 2002 CPO A6 that I bought that has been in the shop 13 times in 9 months. While the new A6 is an unbelieveable car, we have made the decision to NOT purchase another Audi (This was my first and last Audi). We love the car but the reliability is just unacceptable. And the 06 is not looking very good in that department already.
  • shehzyshehzy Member Posts: 11
    Thanks Carman for the info. I'm a bit confused on the residual value. In an earlier post on Jan 18th 2006, you had mentioned a RV of 52% on 15000 miles/yr and 2% more for 12,000 miles -- so if residual values are not expected to go up, is it 54% for 12K miles/yr for 36 months or 57% rv?

Thanks!
    You're welcome, atlnln. Let me begin by saying that $4,500 is way too much money to put down when leasing. I always advise consumers against making any sort of down payment when leasing. I do so for two main reasons. The first is if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen during your lease, your down payment essentially disappears. The second main reason is that down payments on leased vehicles do nothing to reduce their lease-end purchase prices. So your lease-end purchase option price for your Audi would be exactly the same, regardless of whether you had put $4,500 down, or had made absolutely no down payment at all. The most you should pay at signing is vehicle's first month's payment, security deposit, Audi Financial Services' $575 acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees that you don't roll into the cap cost.

Let's estimate what this vehicle's lease payment should be using Audi's new April lease program. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Audi A6 3.2 Avant with an MSRP of $56,000 and a selling price of $54,000 through AFS right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $786.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem, dolsey01. I don't blame you for switching brands. No matter how reliable a brans was in general, there's no way that I personally could bring myself to buy another one if I had as many problems with my first car as you did.

Car_man
    Host
    Sorry for the confusion, shehzy. This car's lease program just changed for April anyhow, so let's just start with a clean slate. If you were to lease a 2006 Audi A6 3.2 Sedan with quattro through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00056 and 53%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • ducati996ducati996 Member Posts: 2
    Car_Man in trying to lease an Audi A6 Sedan 3.2 Quattro with the following options,
    1. Sunroof Package
    2. Premium Package
    3. 18" Alloy Wheels
    4. Rear Sunshade
    MSRP: 49,940
    Invoice : 46,139
    The dealer has agreed to sell me the vehicle 1000 over invoice what should my payment really be?
  • seanshinseanshin Member Posts: 4
    I'm trying to figure out the A6 lease price with many dealers.. but.. still i'm curious about lease price...
    Here is the options which i pick..

Sunroof Package
    Premium Package..

so.. around MSRP was $45,490
    invoice was $41,887

and i try to lease the car for 24 monthes..

and the Mission Viejo offer me
    Down$5000(included every taxes and processing fee and first month payment)
    Monthly $ 525 include Tax..

so... is that resonable price? or too much? How much is the fair price?
    i'm very curious about other people how much are they paying?
This discussion has been closed.