Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A6 Lease Questions

Comments

• aveghteaveghte Member Posts: 68
    What happens when you lease a car that you order from Germany. Will the final lease numbers be based on residual values and money factors at the time the car is delivered or at the time the car is ordered? With a 3-month time period between order and delivery this could result in a big change in the lease payment amount.

Also if the terms of the lease change dramatically, what are my rights to cancel the order after the car is delivered?
    Audi 3.2 Quattro 36 months 15k
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey tmacdonald. Here's the information that you're looking for. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month, 15,000 mile per year lease of a 2007 A6 3.2L Sedan with quattro are .00007 and 46%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2007 A6 3.2 Avant are .00017 and 45%. Most dealers seem to have a ton of models with the 3.2L engine in stock right now, so you should be able to negotiate a pretty attractive selling price on this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Tmacdonald, 15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that Audi Financial Services publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than this, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is usually less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until the end of your lease and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi aveghte. Unless you are able to lock in the current program on your ordered vehicle, BMW allows lessees to do this but I am not sure if Audi does, you will have to use the lease program that is available on it when you physically take delivery of it to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey aveghte. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month, 15,000 mile per year lease of a 2007 A6 3.2L Sedan with quattro are .00007 and 46%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • mfedermfeder Member Posts: 2
    Hello Car_man,

How can I be sure that I signed a fair lease deal on 2007 A6 3.2 CVT (no quattro)? MSRP is $49070 on sticker of car(black with amaretto, premium, convenience and 18"), $2300 down, gross cap cost = $45202, adj.cap cost = $44830, redidual = $23063, 12K miles, 36 months. Payments came to $649/month with tax, (assumes $2,300 down). I guess what I would need to do is to determine money factor from that information to see if I got screwed. Based on what I think I know, I believe lease was based close to invoice, in the $45K range...??? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. Mike
  • chongmanchongman Member Posts: 1
    all,

I have never leased a car but am considering for the first time. I am considering leasing a 36 Month 25K annual mile allowance. The dealer wants 3.2K down and annual payment of $1091. How do I know if this is a good deal Vs buying?

The residual value is 23.4K

Pls Help!!

thanks

chong
  • tizzletizzle Member Posts: 8
    Greetings Car_Man. I am curious as to what sort of lease price I should be looking to pay if leasing a 2006 Audi A6 3.2 Quattro demo. The car has 9000+ miles and being offered for sale for $41k. Here are the other options..
    • FORM SVC LNR 28 • 3.2 255 HP V6 NON-TURBO • AUDI TIPTRONIC AUTOMATIC TRANS • POWER SUNROOF • HEATED FRONT SEATS • LEATHER SEATING SURFACES • 6 DISC CD CHANGER • BLUETOOH PHONE READY •
    Car_Man,

My salesman told me that the .00007 money factor is with a security deposit and that with no security deposit the money factor is increased to .00022.

Does this sound correct?
    Car_man,

Two of the Audi dealers I visited told me that they would only allow me to use the money factor and residual rate at the time of delivery.

The Audi dealer that I ordered the car from allowed me to use the current lease rates or the ones at the time of delivery, whichever is better.
  • mfedermfeder Member Posts: 2
    Car_Man - In further researching, it looks like they applied a .00007 money factor against a 47% residual for my 2007 A6 3.2 CVT, Black/Amaretto, $49,070 sticker, agreed-upon value of $45,202 - so I may have answered my own question with those #'s...I think I did as good as I can get-with no security deposit required, 12K/36mo.
  • hspderhspder Member Posts: 13
    Car_man,

What are the April MF and Residual on a 36 mth, 15,000 mi/yr lease WITH AudiCare on

Audi A6 Quattro 3.2 WITH S-line pkg
    Audi A6 Quattro 4.2 WITH S-line pkg

Also, what is the change in MF for not putting in a security deposit? Still +0.00015?
  • traderbtraderb Member Posts: 38
    Whats the MF and residual on 24 or 27 month leases? 12k miles per year. thanks
  • chiradchirad Member Posts: 5
    Hello,
    I am a first time buyer.
    I looked at an A6 I liked today in Chicago
    It was an '07 black A6 3.2 fully loaded with nav, sirius, wood interior.
    A 36 month lease/ 12K was quoted at $885 tax included.
    This seems high?
    Thanks
  • arm_janarm_jan Member Posts: 13
    Any comments would be appreciated, here is the offer I got from an Bay Area, CA dealer for A6 3.2 CVT with premium package in ibis white

MSRP: $44175
    Cap cost: $39190

The breakdown of the drive off
    1st payment $599.54 (incl tax)
    DMV $306.00
    Bank Acq fee $575.00
    Doc fee $ 45.00
    upfront tax $ 51.15

mf .0007
    residual for 36 months 12k 46%

TOTAL Driveoff $1576.69
    monthly

565.81 + tax

Is this a good deal, are mf and residual along the lines with audi financial? Thanks.
  • bluetranebluetrane Member Posts: 67
    carman,

Would you be so kind as to post the May MF/residual for a 2007 A6 Avant, 12k miles, 36 months, with AudiCare?

Thanks
  • cottermcotterm Member Posts: 14
    I went and test drove a couple A6's yesterday for the first time. Impressive. I was dealing directly with the sales manager and there has been no haggling at all. He just said he was blowing them out. The S-line was really hot. I seem to have a way of upselling myself. Here is what I was quoted.

A6 3.2 Quattro S-line
    MSRP: $59,070
    Selling Price: $53,644
    Rebate: 1,000
    Money Factor: 0.00080
    Residual: 46%
    Lease End Value: $27,182
    Total Drive Off: 1,022.21
    Includes Audicare
    Total Payment (incl 6.75 OH Tax): $868.21/month

A6 3.2 Quattro - Well Equipped
    MSRP: $52,520
    Selling Price: $47,692
    Rebate: 1,000
    Money Factor: 0.00080
    Residual: 48%
    Lease End Value: $25,209
    Total Drive Off: 897
    Includes Audicare
    Total Payment (incl 6.75 OH Tax): $742.62/month

How do these numbers look? I was considering asking about multiple security deposits. Do they do this? I don't intend to put cash down on the car. I have read too much about that on this great site.

Do you see room here to improve? Thoughts on leasing a car with such poor residual. Seemed to me that the money factor offset this.
    Hello Mike. A base 2007 A6 3.2 Sedan without quattro has a spread of around $3,350 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. That puts the selling price that you were quoted at right around or possibly even below invoice, which is a very good deal. As long as the money factor that was used to calculate your car's monthly payment wasn't marked up this is an excellent deal. Enjoy your new car!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Welcome chong. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

I would be happy to give you my opinion of the deal that you were quoted, but it would be a big help if you were able to provide me with this car's MSRP and selling price first. Let me know what these numbers are ant I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    What you were told is correct, aveghte. Audi Financial Services will waive its security deposit requirement in exchange for an increase of .00015 in vehicles' money factors.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey hspder. Through June 4th, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Audi A6 3.2 Sedan with quattro, the S-Line package, AudiCare, and 15,000 miles per year are .00025 and an unattractive 44%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease for an '07 A6 4.2 Sedan with quattro, the S-Line Package, and AudiCare are .00025 and 43%. AFS still charges .00015 for the waiver of vehicles' security deposits.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi traderb. You never mentioned what trim level A6 you are interested in, so for now I will assume that you want an '07 A6 3.2 Sedan with quattro. Let me know if you want something different. Through June 4th, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of this car with 12,000 miles per year are .00025 and 55%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Welcome chirad. Since you have never leased before, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the best way to get a good deal on a lease is to negotiate as low a selling price as possible on the vehicle that you want and then have the dealer that gives you that price calculate its monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor. I would be happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you tell me what this car's MSRP and selling price are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi arm_jan. The money factor that you were quoted for this car is too high. Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2007 A6 3.2 Sedan without quattro is only .00025 with the payment of a security deposit at lease signing and .00040 with the security deposit waived. It appears as though the dealer that you are working with is marking your car's money factor up to add additional, hidden back-end profit to your deal. This sort of thing happens all the time, but it can usually be avoided by consumers who know what their vehicle's money factor should be.

Now let's take a look at this car's selling price. You are being given a discount of nearly $5,000 on it, which is an outstanding price. It is probably below invoice. I suspect that the dealer that quoted you this lease is using some of the profit from the money factor mark-up to give you an additional discount. Overall I would say that this is a very good deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here you go, bluetrane. Through June 4th, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Audi A6 3.2 Avant with 12,000 miles per year are .00035 and 46%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi cotterm. Are these really 2006 models? I ask because Audi is no longer providing support on leases of '06 models. I suspect that you are talking about 2007 models. Let me know and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • rourakasrourakas Member Posts: 2
    Car_man,

I'm in the market for an A6 (either the 3.2 front wheel or the 4.2). Do you happen to have the current money factor and residual values? Will it vary much from what you wrote in post #336?

The guy at the dealership I went to in LA quoted me a cap cost of $45.5k on a 3.2 front wheel with premium and convenience packages. This seems high based on what the TMV value was on edmunds.

Also, do you know if the Daytona Grey only comes with the S-Line package. This guy claimed it did but I thought it was the other way around (i.e., you can't get an S-Line in Daytone Grey).

Thanks so much for any help you can give.
  • rourakasrourakas Member Posts: 2
    Car_man,

Sorry, one follow up question. Do various dealerships actually talk to each other about customers? My friend is convinced that once you call one dealership, it's pointless to talk to any others because each dealership will share info.

Is this guy as paranoid as I think or do you think he's got a point?

Many thanks!
  • jbfarraayjbfarraay Member Posts: 10
    Dear Car_Man:

RE: Audi A6 3.2 Prem Package, Sline (w/Nav and Sirius radio)

A car broker just quoted me a lease price of $789.95 (including tax) per month for 36 months with 10K miles per year and $2,500 down. I'm so confused. Please advise on the deal. Thanks a million!!!
  • kirsch1kirsch1 Member Posts: 1
    Dear Car_Man:

What do you think about this quote (from NJ) : A 2007 A6 Avant with the Ipod adapter, cold pkg, power tailgate, conv pkg and tech pkg will have an MSRP of around $56,745. Your cost would be $500 over invoice which would be around $53,377 or a 36 month lease 10k per year of $777 per month and around $4000 out of pocket which includes taxes and all fees/motorvehicles.

Thanks!
    Hi rourakas. Let's take a look at the current lease program for the car that you are interested in. You never mentioned how long you want to lease it for or how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Through July 31st, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Audi A6 3.2 Sedan without quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00085 and 43%, respectively (wow that's a pretty bad residual). The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '07 A6 4.2 Sedan are .00140 and 42%.

I'm not sure if the Daytona Grey is only available on models that have the S-Line package, but I don't see why that would be the case. Perhaps someone in the following discussion knows more information on this subject: "Audi A4 2005+".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey rourakas. While it would be possible for two dealerships to discuss customers, it is highly unlikely that this would happen when one is comparison shopping for a new car unless the two dealerships had the same owner or you were looking to have a dealer trade for a specific vehicle that has a certain set of options.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi jbfarraay. There's no need to be confused. If you don't fully understand how leasing works, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com before doing any more shopping: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the A6 that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello kirsch1. $500 over dealer invoice is a good price for this car. Just make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses Audi Financial Services' current 36 month buy rate lease money factor of .00110 (for this model only) to calculate your monthly payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • firefox1firefox1 Member Posts: 1
    Car man - I just got a first quote of 5k off of msrp for a 2007 A6 3.2 quattro. I am not sure if I want to lease or buy yet so I got a lease payment quote of 579.58/month for a 36/15k lease. I read posts where someone said they got 10k off but am wondering how far to push. Any thoughts? Is the 2008 much improved? This dealer has only 3 left - 1 I would consider.
  • nixyz123nixyz123 Member Posts: 7
    I am currently in the market for an a6 lease with the following details
    I am looking for 3.2 quattro with Nav and premium package etc with MSRp in the region of 52k. I am a part of audi supplier program which gives 6% off of MSRP in addition to all applicable retail incentives

Details for lease are 36 months/15K miles a year

My dealer has recommended that I lease a 2008 car as the residuals are very low on the 2007 car. I would appreciate if you could share the residuals and the money factor for both 2007 and 2008 cars with me

Additionally, my dealer did offer me almost 8-9K off of an 2007 model, due to dealer incentive +my Audi supplier discount. He claims I am not eligible for money back if I lease the car. Is that true?
  • nixyz123nixyz123 Member Posts: 7
    Dear Car man

It would be great if you could react to my previous post
  • iceburg500iceburg500 Member Posts: 2
    I would appreciate some feedback on my A6 offer. I live in Houston, TX

2008 Audi A6 Quattro/36month/15k miles yr, Interest 2.55 (they called it a Premeir lease), residual 49%, MSRP $52,925 (Technology+Premium Pck) + 590 audi care + TTL = Cap cost $57,968. With Zero down payment= $995monthly OR $2500 down= $925 monthly

Whats most confusing to me is that I leased a 2004 BMW 525i for $2500 down 36mon/15k yr for $605 monthly ??
    Hi firefox1. There is going to be a big difference between the selling price that you are quoted for a 2007 A6 that you want to lease and one that you want to purchase (pay cash for or finance / lease through an independent bank). This is because Audi is currently providing $5,000 dealer cash on the 2007 A6. This dealer cash is not compatible with Audi Financial Services' special lease program for this model. If I was in the market for this car right now, I personally would negotiate a selling price that is as close to dealer invoice as possible and then have the dealer calculate my lease payment using AFS' buy rate lease money factor of .00085.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi nixyz123. The dealer that told you the 2007 A6's residual values are pretty bad wasn't kidding. Audi Financial Services' 36 month, 15,000 mile per year residual for the 2007 A6 is currently only 42%. The 2008 model's residual for an identical lease is better at 48%, plus AFS is providing an attractive .00040 money factor on it. If I really wanted to lease an A6 right now, I probably would go with a 2008 model. If I was going to pay cash for an A6, I'd probably go with an '07 model and take advantage of the $5,000 dealer cash that is currently available on it. This dealer cash is not compatible with AFS' special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi iceburg500. This car's capitalized cost is so much higher than its MSRP. What is the selling price without the Audi Care or TTL added in? It will be much easier to evaluate this deal with that stuff stripped out.

Car_man
    Host
  • liferulesliferules Member Posts: 531
    Just to ease your mind a little, the A6 even in 3.2 configuration is similar to (and in 2004 was better than) the 530, not 525, so the leases wouldn't be similar. That being said, AOA is notorious for not giving good lease rates compared with BMW.

Good luck.
  • iceburg500iceburg500 Member Posts: 2
    Hi CarMan. The MSRP in my above post is what the dealer is asking for. They said sinces its an '08 they would sell @ MSRP. The thing that confuses me is that I pay $600 for a $55k car for 3yrs then why is a car in the same price range almost double ???

Thanks in advance for your very useful feedback.
  • strichstrich Member Posts: 2
    Car Man,
    Please let me know your thoughts on this lease: 2008 A6 4.2 quattro, technology package, navigation, heated steering wheel, ipod connectivity with phantom black exterior. I was told the MSRP is $62,255. 36 mos, 10k miles, inception fees only of $1680 (includes first month), $890/month lease.
    Thanks in advance for your help.
  • atlnlnatlnln Member Posts: 5
    Can someone please evaluate a lease deal for me. I have configured a 2008 Avant A6 loaded - almost every option. This car is available in another state.....The MSRP is $59315 with a sales price of $56104.69. With $5000.00 down, a doc fee of $399., a residual of 27284.90 (or 46%), and a lease rate of .00099, my payments are $875.00. I also am paying for a aftermarket fee of $590 for "Care" or 1 pt. as explained to me. ANY ROOM? ANY SUGGESTIONS? GOOD OR BAD DEAL. Thank you in advance for any comments...... :blush:
  • mooselookmooselook Member Posts: 68
    Hey Car Man,
    I'm considering replacing my A4 that's coming off lease, with a lease on a pre-owned A6. Ideally, I'd like to find a 2006 just coming off a 2 year lease. Do you know what the MF and Residual would be on a 24 mo 15,000 mi lease on a used A6?
    Regards,
    Mooselook
  • rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    Forget leasing a used car in most cases. The leasing rates are usually terrible and it's more often than not cheaper to lease a brand new 08, even at a much higher sales price.
  • meadoelmeadoel Member Posts: 18
    A few days ago I saw an online reference to Audi offering $7500 on 2007 A6's. Since then, I can't find it anymore and Edmunds.com doesn't list any rebates either. Does anyone know if that program is still available?
  • credcred Member Posts: 3
    I'm finally considering selling my 2003 A6 and getting a 2008 A6 3.2 Quattro S-Line with the optional 19" wheels, Premium Pkg, and Tech Pkg. I know dealers are trying to 'blow out' the 2007's and deals are good, but was wondering if anybody knew of what the best money factor and residual value is for a new 2008 (I like some of the new std options on 2008, including S-line exterior) I'm thinking of leasing with 10K miles per year for 36 months. I've never leased before, but from what I've been hearing it's the way to go if you want a new car every 3 years or so.
This discussion has been closed.