Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A6 Lease Questions

Comments

• ctfarmboyctfarmboy Member Posts: 11
    Hi Car_man,
    I'd like your opinion on an 2008 A6 3.2 Quattro.
    MSRP $52,315, sell price $49,815. 15k per year, 36 months; MF .00040; residual 48%.
    lease would be $0 down, $770/mth with tax included.
  • bmwbobbmwbob Member Posts: 6
    HI MEADOEL,

Audi is giving the dealerships $4,000 for selling a 2007 A6. When you figure the profit , difference between the MSRP and invoice, over $4,000. Then the dealer takes off their actual cost and gives the rest to the buyer. I.E. $4,000 factory money plus $3,500 +- profit after deducting the cost of pre-delivery (PDI), flooring and detailing with some advertising per vehicle. In my example $500. You get off of the vehicles MSRP about $7,500. Some dealers try and keep the factory incentive money $4,000 by not telling the buyer about it. Get informed before trying to make a deal!!
    I made the same type of purchase last year on a 2006 A6 avant from Stevens Creek in San Jose,Ca
  • meadoelmeadoel Member Posts: 18
    Thank you. I thought it read that Audi was giving dealers 7500.. I guess not. Your comments are right on.... yesterday an Acura dealer told me that I couldn't bring the $3500 in marketing support to dealers into the negotiation.. it was money for the dealer only. I had to laugh.... I think the sales person actually believed that.
  • rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    Just rememeber you can't use Audi dealer cash and still lease thru Audi Fiancial Services. You'll have to go thru a differnt bank.

Your better off buying an 07 model. It's cheaper to lease an 08, even with a lot less money off the MSRP. Banks kill residuals at the model year end.
  • bmwbobbmwbob Member Posts: 6
    rjlaero

You are correct.
    CAUTION!! Most if not all Audi dealers that lease the 07's will use US Bank. The money factor is high even with an 850 credit score. The real problem is that US Bank adds on the sales tax onto the early payoff. i.e. payoff $ 38,976,27 plus $3,187.18 California sales tax. So if as I was going to do,sell my A6 Avant to a private party after 1 year on the lease for $42,500 and I wanted to transfer it into the new buyer who would then pay thr use (sales) tax on his own. But no!! US Bank would not wave the #3,187.18 sales tax. I feel that is's like a pre-payment penality!! The solution is to return the leased vehicle back to the dealership whereas they would run the vehicle thru their shop for inspection as a lease return and have the new buyer give the dealer a check for the private party selling price ($4,2500) and then they (dealer) would pay off US Bank the $38,976.27 and give me the differance after charging me $300 for the inspection!! A great deal for the dealer as they get another quick used car sale and charge the new buyer for the doc, sales tax and other fees.
    I think what I'm saying is that US Bank sucks!! I have sold BMW's, and Porches to private parties without experiencing the above problem.

Bob
  • dwb959dwb959 Member Posts: 12
    Hi,

I have ~3-4 payments remaining on my current 2.7T lease. I'm way under mileage however because family size has changed I may be shopping the SUV market outside of the Audi family, (the Q7 is just too big for wifey). One dealer (Infinity) has already offered to pick up my remaining payments. However what is my obligation (if any) to Audi regarding the ballon payment? Since they're not getting the car back and I'm not planning on purchasing at lease end is there any responsibility on me? Does the new dealer transfer this car back to them?
    Any help explaining this end process would be appreciated.
    Thanks!
    DB
  • nixyz123nixyz123 Member Posts: 7
    CTfarmboy: I live in CT too and would appreciate if you could share which dealer offered you this price as I am looking to lease an almost identical car:)but have not negotiated as well as you did

Cheers
  • nixyz123nixyz123 Member Posts: 7
    Having done some research on leasing an A6... thats not a bad price.:)
  • jabberjabber Member Posts: 64
    Carman or Kyfdx,

Can you validate this? Was at an Audi dealership in NJ Friday and they told me that if I got an 2008 A6 4.2 with Interior Sports Package that the residual would be 2% less. Seemed fishy to me. So they told me for 36 months and 12K miles it would normally be 49%, but with the Sports Package it would be 47%. The money factor was .00040. Are they being straight with me?

Thanks,
    Jabber
    Nothing fishy. The S line cars usually have a 2% less residual from Audi Financial, so they're being straight with you. The A4 lease is the same way with a lower S line residual value.

You can call 10 different Audi dealers and they'll all tell you the same thing.
  • ct_audict_audi Member Posts: 6
    recently took delivery and dealer picked up last two payments on previous a6 lease 2008 A6 3.2 Quattro w/ Premium, Technology, Navigation, IPod connector
    $701 monthly for 10K/36mo = $661 + 6% CT tax of $40
    MSRP: $54,815
    Net Cap Cost: $51,173 (includes $1,500 Audi loyalty rebate and $590 cost of Audi Care prepaid maint.)
    Invoice: $51,500 (includes $775 destination charge and $500 for Audi dealer advertising payments)
    Money Factor: 0.0004 (0.96% APR)
    Residual: 52% (was 51%, but residual raised 1% when buying the Audi Care)
    Lease End Value: $28,503.80
    Fees: $1,057 = $575 acquisition, $239 conveyance, $95 reg, $148 taxes, security deposit waived
    Total Driveoff: $1,758 = Fees + first monthly payment
  • jeqqjeqq Member Posts: 221
    Great deal. I'm in the same boat - 2 months left. Do you mind disclosing the dealer?

TIA
  • mynew_audia6mynew_audia6 Member Posts: 2
    FYI... for anyone who is looking to purchase a new 2007 A6 model.

I got a deal for $37.300 which is $10.5K below MSRP. I did a search on Google "2007 audi a6 discount" and it came up with a link to Craigslist. I called the dealer and got what I was looking for. I got pre-approved by Capital One, but they beat the rate by more than .5 point. More money saving there.

Dealer: Beverly Hills Audi, Internet Sales Dept.

2007 A6 3.2 FWD
    Pre. Pkg
    Conv. Pkg
    Pre. Leather
    Lojack

Good luck!!!
  • jeffreyds1jeffreyds1 Member Posts: 6
    Does anyone know money factor and residuals for the A6 in November? Based on 36mos 10k per year..
  • ctfarmboyctfarmboy Member Posts: 11
    Jack Daniels Audi, Upper Saddle River NJ.
  • nychkernychker Member Posts: 2
    i currently have a lease (a4 30-month 12k per year), it's been 11 months, and i would like to upgrade to an a6, what is the best way of doing it? or there is no way?
    It's always possible, but you're going to have to come up with some cash unless you put a lot of money down on your A4. Leases aren't designed to have equity as your just paying the depreciation. You could be 5, 6, 7,000 ++ upside-down that short into a new lease only having it 11 months.

Audi's current lease ad was 549/mo plus tax with about $4500 due at signing, not including dealer fees. That was on a 50k A6 3.2 Quattro.
  • shawn757shawn757 Member Posts: 204
    Hello, Car man,

Can you give me the current (December) AF money factor and Residual value for a 36 month 15k miles a year lease for A6 3.2? aLSO ARE THERE cash back or insentives that I can use towards a AF lease?

Thanks
    Car man

I'm looking to finalize a lease on a '08 A6 3.2. Would you please list money factor and residual on 36/15k. Also what is the difference in residual with or without Audi maintenance?

Thanks again
    For those looking to lease '08 3.2

36/15k

MF .00020, Resid 47%
    hey thanks for the info. Is it the same MF and residual for the 08 3.2 quattro as well? Also if you add Audi Maintainance the residual will be 1% higher right?
    The rate I posted is for an '08 3.2 quattro with 36 months / 15k per year. I'm sorry I don't have the info on the maintenance, but maybe car man does. Maybe he'll respond to your question.
  • philaudi08a6philaudi08a6 Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased an A6 2008 Quattro premium package s line. Does anyone know if all new 2008 A6's are S Line? What exactly is the S Line feature?
  • 86Barn86Barn Member Posts: 31
    What is the Rate and Residual of a 2008 Audi 3.2 Quattro in zip 44023.

thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi shawn757. Here's the information that you're looking for. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Audi A6 3.2 Sedan with quattro and 15,000 miles per year are .00020 and 47%, respectively. Audi Financial Services is currently providing a $1,500 cash incentive to current Audi owners and to owners of select competitive makes.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • jabberjabber Member Posts: 64
    Carman,

Your last two emails have different lease information for the same car. Which is correct?
    A6 3.2 36/15 Money factor .00020, residual value 47%. I'm not sure if adding maintenance changes Dec rates. Car man got confused some how :)
    You're right, jabber. Sorry about that. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Audi A6 3.2 Sedan with quattro and 15,000 miles per year are .00020 and 47%, as I mentioned in my first message. Sorry for the confusion.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi philaudi08a6. S-Line is a $2,000 package that includes a number of appearance options like Milano leather upholstered front sport seats with the S line logo, a 3-spoke multi-function leather steering wheel with shift paddles, a perforated leather trimmed shift knob, a black cloth headliner, Gray Birch wood trim, and aluminum door sills.. Not all A6 models have this package. Not only is the package two grand, but if I recall correctly it actually has a negative impact upon vehicles' residual values as well.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi nourdmrolnmt1. This car's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month leas of a 2008 Audi A6 3.2 Sedan with quattro and 15,000 miles per year are .00020 and 47%, respectively. Good luck in your quest for a new A6 and let me know if you need any more information.

Car_man
    Host
    It can be confusing about the S line.

All 2008 A6's have the S line body treatments standard. It's basically the front chin spolier & rear painted lower valance.

It's the inteior S line upgrade with the sport seats, special wheel and trim on the inside you have to pay $2000 for.
    On a 3.2, a dealer is quoting upfront fees that include:

1st month $736
    3yr NJ Registration $371
    lux tax (about 4%) $211.54
    tire $7.50
    doc & prep $148.50
    bank $575
    total fees=$2049.54

Included in the selling price, rolled into monthly payments are :
    port fees $195
    ad fees $273.49

What fees are covered by gap? Those are the only ones I want to pay upfront.

Are these fees in line? Sounds a little high to me. What do you think?

TIA
    You're right, jabber. Sorry about that. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Audi A6 3.2 Sedan with quattro and 15,000 miles per year are .00020 and 47%, as I mentioned in my first message. Sorry for the confusion.

If you buy Audi maintenance resid goes up 1% to 48.
  • easynoneeasynone Member Posts: 12
    After reading your post I did the same search at craigslist.com and they are still advertising a several 2007 A6s $9,000 ~ $10,000 below MSRP. It seems that you got a pretty good deal since it was almost 2 months ago. Were you able to get additional discount form their advertisement price? If so how much? Also what was the APR you got? Thank you and enjoy your A6.
    This is the deal I got from a local dealer in California 42 month 15k miles a year,

AUDI A6 QUATTRO
    MSRP: 57665
    Invoice: 53665
    Sell Price: 51458
    Audi Care: 590
    Money Factor: .00045
    Residual: 44% of MSRP

Drive-off cost:

1st payment: $717
    Security Deposit: $750
    Acquisition Fee: $575
    Document/DMV/tire fees/taxes: $503.90

Total: 2520.74

Can someone tell me that weather this is a good deal or not.
    Plug in your numbers and see if the monthly payment checks out.

http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm
    Hi jeqq. Audi's 36 month lease program for this car is definitely more attractive than its 42 month program right now. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Audi A6 3.2 Sedan with quattro and 15,000 miles per year are .00027 and 47%, respectively.

the $575 acquisition fee that the dealer is charging you is legitimate. AFS charges it on every vehicle that it leases and individual dealers do not have the ability to waive it. I usually look at the other non-state levied fees that you mentioned, like doc, ad, etc... as part of the total price of the vehicle that I am interested in. By focusing on the out-the-door price of the car that you want you can filter out all of the noise and focus on the big picture, which is you want to drive off in the car that you are interested in for the lowest total price possible. If this car's selling price, including all of the fees, is less than what you would have to pay for it at other dealers in your area it doesn't really matter how the fees break down.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi shawn757. This looks like an excellent deal to me. The selling price that you were quoted is well below dealer invoice, even after the $1,500 cash incentive that Audi is currently providing on the A6 is taken into account. The money factor looks good too. If you like the car, I personally don't see any reason not to pull the trigger on this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi,
    Car Man I bought the car 2 Weeks ago Friday. For the price I gave you before. They told me they have hidden $3000 or so got from the dealer on top of the $1500 dealer cash. Hehe. They gave me some of that back too.
    "They told me they have hidden $3000 or so got from the dealer on top of the $1500 dealer cash. Hehe. They gave me some of that back too."

Your deal sounds questionable.
    Can you post the 3.2 lease rate for 42 month/15k. I'd like to know.

Also the A6 4.2: 36month/15k and the 42month/15k.

Thanks again
  • evan7578evan7578 Member Posts: 15
    Car_man:

Do you have the new money factors and residuals for a 2008 S6?
    for 24 and 36 months at 15K and for 12K.

Thank you
  • markb5markb5 Member Posts: 6
    Hello and thanks in advance for your thoughts on the following figures:

I've been quoted the following from two So Cal Audi Dealers - both we're Internet Specials if that means anything:

2008 A6 3.2 CVT

10K/36

MSRP: $49,165 w/options
    Invoice: $45,732 +Audi Ad Buy $550 = $46,282
    Sell Price: $44,794
    Audi Care: not discussed
    Buy Money Factor: .00027
    Residual: 48% of MSRP

Drive-off cost:

1st payment: $621** This would be the monthly note ** Does it 'add' up ?
    Security Deposit: Waived as returning Audi customer.
    Cap Reduction Cost: $1259 (I'm "ok" with this to keep the note down)
    Document/DMV/tire fees/taxes: $543

Total: $2999
    It's .00045 rate with security deposit. Otherwise it's .00060
    The exact car I got was

AUDI A6 QUATTRO
    MSRP: 57265
    Invoice: 53267
    Sell Price: 50824
    Audi Care: 590
    Money Factor: .00045
    Residual: 44% of MSRP

Drive-off cost:

1st payment: $707 including tax for 42 months with 15K miles a year.
    Security Deposit: $750
    Document/DMV/tire fees/taxes: $470.74

Total: 2502.74

The car options are

Premium Package
    Technology Package
    Audi Navigation System
    19" Alloy Wheels w/Summer Performance Tires
    Premium Paint Charge
    Sport Suspension
    Audi Music Interface
    Front License Plate Holder
    Color Adjustment Phantom Black Pearl Effect

The car with $717 a month I posted earlier was sold. There were twins. The sold car had sunshades thats why $10.00 less than the payment.

How can you say it's questionable? This is the deal I got. The best part is there was 2 dealers who were willing to do this out of 8 dealers. And the car was also a dealer trade in not a car that they had in stock. They had to truck it and bring it at their cost to their dealership. If the dealer was loosing money I don't think they would go this far to sell a car! Thats why I beleive him when he said $3000 from Audi on top of $1500 dealer cash. Since 2 dealers was willing to do it that statement should be true.
    I was told this weekend about the $3,000. I was also "informed" that it is no longer available as of January. Is that correct?

You did well, enjoy the car.

TIA
    Hello Car Man

What's your impression of the following #'s I've been offered:

'08 3.2 Quattro w/ Premium &iPod (that's it) @ 10K/36K

MSRP: 50,175
    Invoice: 47,725 (includes Ad buy cost of $550)
    Sell Price: 45,875
    Buy Money Factor: .00027
    Residual: 48% of MSRP

Drive-off cost:

1st payment: $613
    Security Deposit: Waived as returning Audi customer.
    Cap Reduction Cost: $1259 (I'm "ok" with this to keep the note down unless you strong advise otherwise)
    Document/DMV/tire fees/taxes: $543

Total: $2,990

Eager to hear your thoughts as I'm heading back to downtown Los Angeles Audi this weekend to discuss again.

Thanks !
    I am not sure. I know the $1500 is still available but don't know about the $3000. Dealer told me that they had better incentive back in November. He said they could have done about $50 better for 36 moth 15k that what they offered me in December which was $740. I choose the 42 months since the payment was lowered to $707.
    You will easily do better at Rasnak Audi in Pasadena or at Penski
    "You will easily do better at Rasnak Audi in Pasadena or at Penski"

yeah ok... what do you mean by that ? Better Net Cap Cost, better drive off, better money factor etc etc...

Elaborate please.
This discussion has been closed.