Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A6 Lease Questions

Comments

• twodomestwodomes Member Posts: 73
    Just signed on a 2008 Audi A6 3.2 CVT w/ premium, nav, ipod, homelink, s line exterior. 36 months/ 10k miles per year. MSRP was around $44215 (after $5150 enhancement credit-- original MSRP was $49365).

Selling price before rebates was a little under $35000. But I added $650 Audicare (which raised residual by 1%) and the $845 excess wear and tear protection.

$1540 total driveoff including first months payment. I qualified for the $1500 Loyalty bonus which helped make it such a good deal, and Audi technically picked up my first month's payment.

$443/month including taxes.

Car is Silver metallic on gray. Had to be ordered from another dealer bc there are so few left that fit my specs (Salesman went out of his way to find one to make the deal happen). If you want a black one or quattro, there are still a lot of these available.

Best dealership in CA that made it a fun experience: Santa Monica Audi. One salesman in particular made everything happen and was extremely straightforward and helpful. Message me for his name and he will hook you up.

They also realized they had miscalculated the residual in my favor by 1%, but they ate the cost so my deal stayed the same. That alone should tell you something about why I think so highly of this salesperson and dealership.

Massive thanks to CAR_MAN and members of this forum who helped along the way!
  • CLRYCLRY Member Posts: 1
    twodomes
    thanks for information. could you let me know salesman infomation?
    Sure. Send an email to me at twodomesatyahoo.com (replace 'at' with '@') as this forum does not permit posting individual salesmen's names and I will give you his name.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome, thbell.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi twodomes. I personally always on excess wear and tear protection, but from your past experience with a leased Audi I can see why you would want it. $850 is a lot less than $1,100.

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with the company America Auto Guardian. You might want to ask the dealer for more information about them or google them. Lots of companies are probably going to go bankrupt in 2008. It would be annoying to purchase a policy from one of them and be left with a worthless $850 piece of paper.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on getting your new A6, twodomes! The A6 is a sweet car for less than $450 per month. All of your research paid off. Thanks for taking the time to let us all know how everything turned out. If you'd like, you can hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your dealer experience as well. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • gmaddeogmaddeo Member Posts: 1
    Wow, this forum is a great resource! I am trying to, like so many of you, figure where I am with my deal. Presently, I am looking at a 2008 A6 Q 3.2 for a lease. Car includes premium package, iPod interface, Milano leather, navigation.
    10k miles; 2950.00 down (includes taxes); 569/mo. I still am not moved to make the deal. If anyone has some guidance or thoughts I would love to hear it. Thanks.
  • chrish11chrish11 Member Posts: 28
    Hi Car Man,

Would you please advise MF and residual for 3 yr, 15k/yr:

2008 A6 3.2 quattro
    2009 Q7 3.6

Also, is there dealer or other lease cash or incentives available?

Thanks.
    Here you go, chrish11. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 A6 3.2 quattro Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00081 and 43%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2009 Q7 are .00026 and 43%.

Audi is currently waiving the first month's payment and security deposit on leases of both of these vehicles. Also, make sure to take advantage of the $2,500 cash incentive that is available on A6 leases.

Car_man
    Host
  • dt78dt78 Member Posts: 5
    Twodomes

Can you email me the name of the saleman at Santa Monica Audi, I live in West LA and would be interested in an A6 similar to what you leased. My email is dterian at gmail.

Many thanks.
  • mpermanmperman Member Posts: 2
    My wife has an A4 Cabrio and we got a letter from the dealer in Jacksonville, FL offering employee pricing plus any other incentives available, for the next 3 days. What is the discount? Is it just hype?
    check your email dt. good luck getting your deal!
  • coleman97coleman97 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man. I'm considering buying this vehicle that came off a 3 year lease in Sept. 2008. It has been sitting on the dealer lot since then. It was originally leased at the end of Sept. 2005. It has 25,000 miles, and is in excellent condition, and is certified. I'm trying to gather as much information as possible to try to get the price down, obviously. The car has heated rear seats, flappy paddle gear box, Smart Key, navigation system, and all the other stuff these come with. One owner who is a personal friend of the dealer who leases vehicles and turns them in every 3 years.

I'm also wondering how long they will try to sell this before dumping it at auction, and if they do that, what they might get at auction. It seems that KBB trade in value is not going to be accurate in trying to determine how much the dealer has into this vehicle, so that's why all the questions here. I've never purchased a car coming off a lease before, and don't know much about leases. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Coleman97
  • twowhatstwowhats Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I'm in Los Angeles and would love his name as well...! Thanks in advance for the help!!
    That's a good question, Coleman97. I don't think that there really is any specific period of time that a dealer will keep a vehicle before trying to send it to auction. It probably varies from dealer to dealer and from car to car. Dealers will likely be more inclined to keep really nice cars and try to sell them themselves for as long as they can stand. I'm not sure what used A6s are fetching at auction right now. I personally follow the new vehicle market much more closely than the market for used vehicles.

Car_man
    Host
  • roverlooker1roverlooker1 Member Posts: 4
    Car_man

Would it be possible to get the money factor and residual for a 2009 A6 4.2? Thanks for your time.
    Hi roverlooker1. This car's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different.

Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 A6 4.2 Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00239 and 45%, respectively.

If you are a current AFS lessee, make sure to take the $1,500 owner loyalty incentive that Audi is providing on this car right now into account when negotiating your car's capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
  • roverlooker1roverlooker1 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks so much for the help. One other question-Does Illinois treat sale tax, when rolled into a lease, any differently than other states that results in an increase in the payment? A salesman once told me it did.. Thanks once again.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Illinois taxes the entire purchase price, rather than the payment.. So, yes.. taxes there are generally higher on leases than most other states...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• kawterkawter Member Posts: 2
    Hi TwoDomes

Im in the LA area and definately in market for an 08-09 a6 lease.. can you please send me the name?

eric(dot)cotter(at)gmail.com

thank you!!
    check your email eric.
  • mrdriftymrdrifty Member Posts: 7
    Hi TwoDomes,

Looking too for a lease in LA Area. Can you forward the name to me as well?

Thank you very much!

drifty2000(at)ix(dot)netcom(dot)com
    check your email mr drifty. be advised that while i was very happy with their sales manager, their customer service department has been atrocious in dealing with handling a refund check that was supposed to be issued. the sales manager is trying to fix the problem, but their finance and general managers are pretty poor at customer service in my opinion.
  • easynoneeasynone Member Posts: 12
    MSRP was around $44215 (after $5150 enhancement credit-- original MSRP was $49365).

One of the best car deals I've seen. BTW, what's enhancement credit? Thank you.
    thanks easynone. they told me i was a real grinder at the dealership, which i take as a compliment!

my understanding is that enhancement credit is a euphemism for 'these cars arent selling at this price so lets lower the msrp to try to move units'. Lowering the msrp affects the residual value which makes the deal sweeter I believe.
  • mrdriftymrdrifty Member Posts: 7
    Hello again twodomes,

My spam setting blocked your email address so I didn't get your email. Can you send again (I unblocked that domain name).

Thank you very much!
  • womblewomble Member Posts: 28
    Hi car man, what are the lease rates on an 09 A6 avant for 36 mths, 12,000 miles, top tier credit? Are there any dealer incentives out there right now? this car seems hard to find in the LA area... anyone have a positive dealer experience in socal? thanks!
    Hi womble. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Audi A6 Avant Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00264 and 46%, respectively. The only cash incentive that I am aware of on this car right now is $1,500 lease loyalty cash to current AFS lessees who lease a new one.

Car_man
    Host
  • Gatorfan123Gatorfan123 Member Posts: 37
    Car Man,

looking for residual and money factor for 36 month/12k lease on 09 A6 3.2 Quattro with prestige premium package.

Thanks
  • kgarykgary Member Posts: 180
    Its a trick question. There is no 2009 3.2 Quattro. 2008 was the last year for the 3.2 Quattro. You either want numbers on a 2009 3.2 front wheel drive or a 2009 3.0t Quattro.
  • Gatorfan123Gatorfan123 Member Posts: 37
    Thanks your right, I am looking for the 2009 3.0t Quattro with Prestige package for 36 months and 12k miles.
  • gti329gti329 Member Posts: 8
    Looking to get MF and Residual on above model with Prestige and cold weather for 36mo/12k lease in New York. First time AFS customer. Believe the MSRP should be $55,650. Would greatly appreciate the assistance.

Tks.
  • gti329gti329 Member Posts: 8
    kyfdx, Car_Man,

is this a good time of year to lease w/Audi? BMW is so agressive with their MF and residuals now. I was looking to see if you could provide MF and Residual for '09 A6 3.0T with Prestige and cold weather packages. MSRP of $56475.

Tks.
    Hi gatorfan123. Here's the info that you're looking for. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Audi A6 3.0 Sedan with the Prestige package, quattro, and 12,000 miles per year are .00003 and 46%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi gti329. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for. Let me know if you have any other questions. Audi's current lease program on the A6 isn't bad. Its money factors couldn't be any lower. Its residual values are pretty low, but they are what they are. With the money factor practically at zero the only way that Audi could improve this car's lease program would be to introduce cash incentives on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • lookingforcarslookingforcars Member Posts: 18
    Hi Car_man,

Do you happen to know the money factor and residual value numbers for the following A6 models:
    - 3.0T Quattro

Thanks!
    I sure do lookingforcars. Audi Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 A6 3.2 Sedan Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00038 and 46%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 A6 3.0T Sedan Premium with quattro are .00003 and 45%.

You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need, so I had to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want the data for different terms.

Car_man
    Host
  • dpeck1dpeck1 Member Posts: 51
    I am a current Audi leasee looking to lease a new a6 avant. 36 month, 15K. Do you know what the MF and residual are for the AVANT right now? Any loyalty cash or incentives?

They have a 2006 certified Avant with 35K miles for sale @ $28,000. Would I be better off doing that?

Thanks
  • a6searcha6search Member Posts: 3
    Is the MF on the '09 A6 3.0T Sedan Premium with quattro still at .00003 and 45%.

I was at the dealer last night and they're telling me the rate went back up.
  • art234art234 Member Posts: 99
    According to my notes the numbers were quoted to me as listed above last Saturday, April 4th. They may still be in effect.
    Car_man -
    I'm actually looking for MF factor and residual value for 36 month lease on '09 A6 3.0T Sedan Premium Plus for 10K miles.

Also, have you heard of the "conquest" program? I got a call from the dealer saying Audi has just launched this lease program but i'm not sure of the details.

Currently getting a quote for $670/month (incl tax/fees) with $3K OOP for 36 mo lease/10K miles. Is this a good deal? Need to make a decision soon since my current lease is up in a couple of weeks!
  • hannabhannab Member Posts: 26
    Lease rates for the Avant are substantially LESS favorable than the sedans.
    i.e. MF for Avant is .00264 vs .00005 for the comparable 3.0L sedan

15K - 36 month resdiduals Avant = 44% premium & premium plus; - 43% prestige
    Sedan = 45% premium & prem plus - 44 % prestige

As a result a lease for an avant will cost $200-300/ month more than a similarly equipped sedan
  • a6searcha6search Member Posts: 3
    Hannab, where did you find the .00005 MF on the 3.0 a6? Which bank?
  • hannabhannab Member Posts: 26
    This is the base rate for April through Audi Financial Services. Check with an Audi dealer, they will confirm, unless they choose to add a dealer mark-up. If so check with another dealer.
    Here's my final deal numbers on a 2009 A6 Premium Plus:

36 month lease/ 10K miles with $3K total OOP - monthly amt: $640

What do you guys think?
    Hi lookingforcars. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 A6 3.0T Sedan Premium Plus with quattro and 10,000 miles per year are .00003 and 48%, respectively.

I haven't heard anything about the new conquest program yet, but it would not surprise me if it just extended the $1,500 lease loyalty cash that Audi is providing on leases of the '09 A6 right now to current owners of select competitive brands.

Car_man
    Host
  • speedgod1speedgod1 Member Posts: 7
    Car man,

I was hoping you could help me out also I am looking to lease an Audi 3.0T Presitege in New York. The dealer quoted me $3,200 for taxes and first month, $750/ month. With the $3,200 wrapped in would be $823. I was apparently given the conquest rebate because I currently own an infiniti M35 and considering the A6. Does this sound like a good deal or can they do better. I would like to close this by next week if possible.
    Hi speedgod1. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. The best way to evaluate this deal is to take a look at the selling price that the dealer is charging you for the A6 that you are interested in. Let me know what this car's MSRP and selling price are and I will be happy to tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
  • mikepdxmikepdx Member Posts: 2
    What were your factors?

Neg price - Money Factor - Residual?

thanks
    M
  • rstoergerrstoerger Member Posts: 17
    Ok, so after three fabulous years with my A6 (Quatro, Nav, Wooden Wheel, 18" Wheels - which I don't love) I am facing a dilemma. My residual is about 29K (36K miles on her and in good shape). Manheim shows similar models selling at auction for around $20K. Dealer does not seem like they are willing to negotiate. Was paying slightly under $700/mo (no money down - taxes rolled in). I don't want to finance past an extended warranty of 3 years and don't want payments to go up either.

So first, one, is there a chance that I get get this one for around $22K with the 300pt inspection as it would hit my number.

Also, looked at a loaded A4 and also Q5 - both are slightly tighter across the rear bench. I have 3 kids that need to occasionally ride together without bumping into each other too harshly. Audi seems to have a good lease program right now for these two but not for the 2009 A6.

Wood love to stay in the Audi camp but need space and value. The supped up Q5 is nice (great cup holder) but will top out above where I currently am. That said, I love the A6 which currently configured would be way higher than what I pay monthly.

I guess if the price was right, I would simply keep my current wooden wheeled 06 A6. Any and all thoughts greatly appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.