Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A6 Lease Questions

Comments

• luvaudiluvaudi Member Posts: 4
    I made this deal at Carousel Audi, Iowa City. They had only one of these cars. Good luck, I love my car.
  • anvillanvill Member Posts: 2
    I have a lease offer from a dealer in Michigan for an A6 premium plus, MSRP 53075, negotiated price 51675. Its a 39 month, 10k lease, with audi care, and a residual of 26006. I'm putting 2500 down, and the base monthly payment is 632, with tax 670. The MF rate is .00039, which bothers me in light of the previous posts indicating the MF rate is 00019. Should I try to get a lower MF rate, or some other adjustment in price?

Thanks
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Premium plus has higher mf than premium I believe.
  • mattsammattsam Member Posts: 25
    It takes high credit to get that money factor, maybe that is the issue. I got the exact car you are talking about at MF .00019 so if you credit is good you should be able to get it also. Its through Audi Financial (VW)
    Matt
  • gtligtli Member Posts: 27
    Hi Car_man.

Does Audi have any financing specials for CPO?
    I am interested in an '07 A6, 60 months.

Thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi mattsam. The lease program that you were quoted looks good. Let's look at the other major negotiable aspect of this deal, the selling price.

The car that you described probably has a spread of around $3,600 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. You were quoted a dealer discount of a little over $1,400. I personally would try to negotiate a lower selling price than that. Of course, if you really want a specific combination of color and options that's hard to find you hamper your ability to negotiate some.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    No problem, luvaudi. Thanks for the additional information.

The car that you described has a spread of around $3,600 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. You were given a whopping $6,700 discount on it. That is an amazing deal. You aren't going to be able to do better than that. Congratulations on getting such a good deal. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Hi gtli. Normally I don't keep tabs on CPO incentives, but I did happen to see Audi's used vehicle program the other day. Audi is currently offering 1.9% financing for two years, 2.9% for three to four years, and 3.4% for five years on CPO 2007 A6 models.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks carman, I didn't push the sale price too much. It was the exact combo I wanted and I was told to get the car over the weekend.

For everyone interested, the A6 is a fabulous car!
  • Jaynj1Jaynj1 Member Posts: 47
    What does TTL mean? How much was that for you upfront?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Tax
    Title
    License

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Jaynj1Jaynj1 Member Posts: 47
    I know what it means, but my question was how much should title & license fees should cost.. Tax is different for each state. My dealer is charging me 1700 just for title & license. & 1800 for tax. It did not make any sense to me. That is why I posted this question.
  • iluvnewcarsiluvnewcars Member Posts: 23
    edited March 2010
    I got an offer from one of NJ audi dealer as follows for PP audi A6:

MSRP 53425
    Selling Price : Secret !!!
    730/month includes NJ tax & other fees rolled in.
    No other inception other than first month.
    Is this a good deal?
    Sounds pretty good 36 or 39 months?
    How many miles

I'm at $836.50 with 36 months and 15K
    Plus my tax rate is really high at 9%

I'm at 1400miles and still loving the car to death! If you can get the money factor of .00019 you won't find a better lease vehicle at these prices.

I had a 2010 Acura RL quoted at $915
    M45 at $840

I know the A6 is a superior car
  • tomy3tomy3 Member Posts: 46
    Reasonably good deal...looks to me you are paying approximately Invoice plus $1,100 over 42 months. The MF is really good from Audi presently and no security deposit required.
  • iluvnewcarsiluvnewcars Member Posts: 23
    I think it was for 39 months.
  • stinger2stinger2 Member Posts: 4
    Just quoted from MO dealer on new A6 Premium plus promo

MSRP: $53,075
    Cap: $49527
    Residual: 46% based on $52,000
    MF: .00055 (New Promo)
    Down Pymt: $4000
    Term: 42 Months (New Promo)
    Monthly Pymt: $670

Can't git his figures to work, seems should be around $600 a month, thoughts?
  • ealazarusealazarus Member Posts: 23
    Unless I am not seeing something, there is no discount. The $4k comes off the MSRP but nothing else.

It looks like you have a few fees in the deal or are you paying cash in addition to the Cap Reduction?

Elliot
  • tomy3tomy3 Member Posts: 46
    The MF is .00005. If you use the residual of 46% of $52,000 (should be the MSRP though) and if you fold the acquisition of $625 into the lease the pretax monthly payment should be $532.84 before taxes and excluding doc fees.

The cap cost you were able to negotiate is the best I have seen yet. It is invoice plus $109.
  • stinger2stinger2 Member Posts: 4
    This sales mgr is just a little slick. I'm sure (as pointed out above) that he is applying the down payment against MSRP less what he is deducting for 1st mo rent etc and really not reducing MSRP much. What would be a good reduction before down payment? Says I need to come in and work the details out which I will do tomorrow (Sat). Will let you know what the real deal is.
    Here is a suggestion as I just did this today for myself....

Find a decent price on this forum for your car. Find the Money Factor that is being used...then tell your salesperson that you don't know what the payment is but this needs to be the Cap Cost and this needs to be the MF......

This way you are not giving them a monthly payment but just allowing them to meet the national going rate that you see on the car forums.

Elliot
    You're welcome, mattsam.

Car_man
    Host
  • underzenunderzen Member Posts: 4
    Car_man,

Hi! Can you tell me what the residual value and money factor is on a 2010 A6 3.2 FWD Premium Plus? Thanks so much!
  • slamshifterslamshifter Member Posts: 42
    I did just as you suggested. Gave the sales guy a cap cost and MF and asked him for the residual %. He was a decent enough guy...then he got up from his chair and went to pow wow with his sales manager. Been through this act a hundred times. Boss man comes out and sits in the salesman's chair (who did not come back out) and gave me the evil eye. These guys don't like it when you quote a price found "on the Internet." The sales guy asked me if I found my price on EDMUNDS. I told him yeah that was one of the sites. Then I got the cold shoulder and was accused of being hostile to these guys.
    I am sorry that the sales manager did not like it (sorry for the sarcasm)....but he had a choice....to give you the Cap cost and MF or not.

I don't know where you live but I bet at Audi USA you can find a few dealerships within driving distances from your zip code. You can check their inventory and you can even handle the Cap and MF by email/Phone.

Just depends on who wants to sell a car.

Elliot
    Hi Car_man,

I will be leasing a car this weekend. Looking at:
    2010 A6 3.2L Premium Plus
    12k Miles
    42 month lease
    MSRP $49,225

Whats the current residual and money factor? Thanks so much!!!
    Sat down with the sales guy today and got this quote hand written on a piece of paper.

2010 A6 3.2L Premium Plus with 19"sport package

MSRP: $49,225
    Cap Cost: $46,668
    Money Factor: .00028
    Residual: 45%
    Down Payment: $600.00 (yes only $600).
    Term: 42 Months
    Miles :12k

Monthly: $631/month + 6% sales tax = $669/month

I was figuring I should around $583/month + tax.

Any ideas....Good deal?
  • seekingaudia4seekingaudia4 Member Posts: 66
    edited April 2010
    His payment number is correct. Maybe try to put no money down ($0 drive off) see if he will take the deal. Or ask him to cover the Audi Care, although I don't see how three oil changes can cost $700+ :)
  • arcnyc3amarcnyc3am Member Posts: 8
    Hi Car_man and fellow board members.

Can anyone tell me if this a good deal.
    I am trying to lease 2010 Audi A6 Prestige with 18" Pkge. This is the manager's car with 400 miles. Also can you please provide latest MF and Residual values for this deal.

MSRP: 55, 525
    Term: 42 months/ 10K miles per year
    Monthly payment: $700 after taxes
    Down payment: First pmt. + all fees (around $1,800)

Thanks Arc
  • ecoastharleyecoastharley Member Posts: 14
    Hello All,

Just starting my research, coming of an Infiniti G35xS lease and looking at an A6.

Details - Massachusetts
    MSRP: $52,875
    Cap Cost: $51,000
    Money Factor: .00025
    Residual: 45.9% (calculated of the following number) - $24,322
    Down Payment: $1880.
    Term: 39 Months
    Miles :12k
    Monthly Payment: $771/

Seems high... from what little I have read on the forums so far. But thought??

Bob
    Here you go, underzen. Audi Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A6 3.2 Sedan FWD Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00008 and 46%, respectively.

Audi is providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this car for current Audi and BMW owners. If you are one, make sure to take this cash into account during your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi underzen. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42 month lease of a 2010 A6 3.2 Premium Plus Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00008 and 42%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi arcnyc3am. It's difficult to tell how good a deal this is without knowing this car's selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. I personally would never lease anything without knowing how much I was being charged for it. Let us know what this vehicle's selling price is and I'm sure that either myself or another helpful community member will gladly let you know what they think.

Here's the lease program info that you're looking for. Audi Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42 month lease of a 2010 A6 Prestige Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00047 and 39%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car_man. Oddly I signed my lease a few days ago and this is what I got.

Premium Plus 3.2L
    42 Month
    12,000 miles / year
    Cap Cost: $46,020.00
    Residual: 46%
    Money Factor: .00028

Thanks again! :)
  • dekarandekaran Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2010
    Hi folks, I am new to the forum but have read many posts and enjoy the discussion. I am ready to lease an Audi A6 4.2 Prestige with 19inch sport package and I have several questions. Have the residuals come down in the past couple of months...the dealer I was working with quoted me a residual of 40% for 12K miles for 39months (basically telling me the residual is down 2% points from the Feb quote). Below is the deal I am getting for the lease. Feel like its good, but think it should be slightly better.

MSRP: $61,475
    Cap Cost: $57,986
    Residual of 42%
    12K miles/yr
    Money Factor: .00068
    $3456 upfront which is the 1st months payment, security deposit and registration
    Monthly Payment of $943.

This was the Feb deal when I ordered the car. Dealer stated the April deals now are the money factors have come down to .00047 but the residuals are down as well to 40%. So I guess the major question is is this a good deal (I am about $700 pver invoice which is good) but is he playing a money factor/residual game to make up some profit? Thanks for any response.
    Car_man

A dealership in NY tells me that the residual values and MF for 42 months 2010 Audi A6 Prestige with 10K miles is 44% and 0.00005 respectively.

Per your post, you indicated that the current residual and MF are 39% and 0.00047.
    What am I missing? Can the dealership negotiate terms with the captive finance company?
    MSRP: 55,525
    Invoice: 52,350
    Cap Cost: 53,150 ($800 over invoice)
    Term: 42 months
    Miles: 10K
    Downpayment: 1st pmt + Fees = 1,969
    Residual: 44%
    Money Factor: .00005
    Monthly After Tax Pmt: $745

Is this a good deal?
  • snake_docsnake_doc Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2010
    Is this a good deal?

2010 Audi A6, AWD Quattro, Prem. Plus + Navigation +Audi Care
    3yr / 12K Miles per year / 36K Miles Total
    $4700 Down - ALL inclusive - taxes , title, reg. , first month payment,
    $599 / mo + Taxes (9.25%)
    Residual: 46% - per the dealer
  • thrawnthrawn Member Posts: 8
    Hi Car_man,

Can you tell me the residual and MF for a 2010 A6 3.2L Premium with 10K miles for 36 months (MSRP of $46025)?

Thanks
  • maia6maia6 Member Posts: 1
    I got tier B credit w/ Audi. They want $1,600 down includes first payment + TTL plus registration at $607 a month tax in. 3.2 premium 39 months 10K a year. I don't drive much. Is this a good deal?
  • mp85mp85 Member Posts: 2
    Is there still an incentive if you are moving from a BMW into an Audi A6? If so, do you know how much it is?

For a 2010 Audi A6 3.0, looking for MF and Residual for 36 month lease at 18 K miles per year?

Thanks.
  • audiblitzraudiblitzr Member Posts: 3
    Car_Man,

Just Leased A6 Prestide with Cold Weather Package, All-Weather Mats, MSRP of $54,850. $0 down, $0 depost, rolled everything into the Lease including 3% sales tax, tags/etc. 10K annual miles, 42 Month Lease...Paying $745/mo including Audi-Care service which is also rolled into Lease, costing me an additional $5/mo over the $740 base Lease payment. I paid the first month's payment only ($745) and rolled off the lot with the car.

Note this was a May Lease deal (April residuals were better I understand).

Based on shopping around, this was by far the best deal on a Prestige I could find...

Note that A6 Premium Plus models (also looked at $53075 MSRP P+ car) have better residuals, and although only $1775 less MSRP than car I chose, would have been $104 less in monthly Lease ($641/mo)...The better "deal" was clearly the $641 P+ car, but I'm happy with my choice to upgrade to Presitige which includes better 18" wheels (in my opinion the 10-spoke wheel on the Prestige look a lot more "appropriate" and balanced for this car and is certainly easier to clean than the Y-spoke 18" wheels), rear camera, push button/keyless start/stop and entry, and a much better Bose stereo...Car is Brilliant Black with nice off-setting Cardamon (tan) Leather interior, and very nice light wood trim. My usual color choice is black/black, but this color combo gives car even more distinction and the tan shade is unique and classy with the brillaint black paint.

Although the aforementioned upgrades can only be found in the Prestige model and were expensive (comes out to $4368 extra over 42 months based on the additional $104/mo), they were valuable to me...in essence, Audi has their product line set so that if you want a loaded vehicle (loaded meaning upgrade stereo, rear-camera, keyless start, etc), you are going to pay for it in worse residuals!

Still, believe I got a very good deal as other dealers averaged close to $75-$100 more per month (for a apples to apples $54,850 Prestige car), and equal to one dealer's quote for a less expensive Premium Plus car.
  • scooter260scooter260 Member Posts: 3
    OK, I have made the decision that I will lease an Audi.....now I'm trying to figure out which one to lease!

I'm going back and forth between the A6 and the S4. Can someone help me determine the key points of difference? Here are the basics that I am assuming:

A6 is bigger and roomier on the interior
    S4 is quicker/faster, but smaller
    Both are equally reliable

Are these fair assumptions? What other key factors should I consider?
  • strichstrich Member Posts: 2
    Seems like you got a good deal. I'm looking at a 2010 quattro premium plus A6 with 18" sport package, cold weather package and Audi care- was quoted $754 for 39months, 10k miles/yr, no cap cost reduction, only inception fees to walk out ($1645). Is this high? Can you forward me your contact person so I can try to get from them?
    Thx
  • icb2779icb2779 Member Posts: 25
    What dealer did you get the car from.........sounds like a great deal!
  • rllnresistancerllnresistance Member Posts: 8
    Car Man - Can you tell me the MF and residual on a 3.0T Prestige w/ Cold Weather for 36 months and 15k/year?
  • ecoastharleyecoastharley Member Posts: 14
    Hey All,

Just trying to get a idea if this is a good deal... seems like a great deal to me.

2010 A6 Quattro 3.0 Premium Plus and Cold Weather Pkg

MSRP $52.875
    Cap Cost $49,400
    MF .00045
    Term 42 mos.
    Residual 46% (up 1% cause I added Audi Car - for $700 - covers all maint)
    Down $1600 (First payment, TTL)
    Payment $690
    Plus $600 cash back to cover my Infiniti lease mileage overage

Thoughts?

There was also a 36 mos option with a Resid at 47%, Payment $707... not sure which might be better.

Thanks,
    Bob
  • virginleaservirginleaser Member Posts: 1
    I'm checking out a 2010 Audi A6 Prestige 3.0 quattro with 18"sport package and cold weather package. The posts that I read through were very helpful. If I do a 10, 12, or 15,000 mile lease for 36 or 42 months, what should I be looking at to see if I am getting a fair deal? Can you give me a starting example?
    I'd be happy to help you out, thrawn. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A6 3.2 Premium with 10,000 miles per year are .00008 and 49%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is available to current Audi, BMW, and Mercedes owners if you're eligible for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Yes there is, mp85. Current BMW owners are eligible for a $1,000 cash incentive if they lease a new Audi A6.

Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A6 3.0 Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00005 and 46%, respectively.

15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that BMW Financial Services publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than that, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.