Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Differences between Chev C/k & Silverado.

mhawtho1mhawtho1 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Chevrolet
What are the differences between a Chevy C/k
series and Silverado?

Comments

• mgdvhmanmgdvhman Member Posts: 4,157
    the outside has hardly changed...but the body is very different. The underside and powertrains are very different.

too long of a post to explain it all..

go buy one

- Tim
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    I looked at this topic a couple hours ago. Would have taken that long to type it all out...

Dean
  • k0hbk0hb Member Posts: 89
    The C/K series is the old 1988 design (do they really still make them?). Differences are too numerous to count.
  • burroakburroak Member Posts: 17
    C stands for 2 wheel drive and K stands for 4 wheel drive in the older models. Silverado is just a "Convience Package" discription that Chevy has labeled on everything now. You used to could buy a "Scottsdale" package that had very limited items and the "Custom Delux" which was the WORK TRUCK model. You can still order trucks "stripped" with no carpet, manual windows, etc. But you don't see many on the dealer lots. Cheaper for Chevy to build them all one way and sell them at a higher price.
    I have a 99 new body style K2500 with a 6.0 under the hood. Its a Silverado LT (whatever that means)! oak
  • cdeancdean Member Posts: 1,110
    Silverado USED to be the convenience package. Not anymore. Silverado is the truck model. base, LS and LT are the packages
    option packages (new vs old)
    base=Cheyenne
    LS= Silverado
    LT=LT

Scottsdale? I think that was pre-C/K, wasn't it?????
    isn't that the place where they manufacture Ping golf clubs and putters? Located in Arizona?
  • z71billz71bill Member Posts: 1,986
    The Scottsdale was the step side version or whatever they called it back in the 70's - early 80's.
  • modvptnlmodvptnl Member Posts: 1,352
    I thought GM manufactured Ping!!!!
    slap....LOL!!
  • ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    and crack

but what about pop?
  • mgdvhmanmgdvhman Member Posts: 4,157
    Cheyenne
    Scotsdale
    Silverado

- Tim
  • modvptnlmodvptnl Member Posts: 1,352
    but GM's got wobble down!!!!!

We got; Ping
    Slap
    crack and
    wobble

sounds like a hell of a breakfast cereal.
  • ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    Yep breakfast of champions

Ryan
  • kevinokevino Member Posts: 19
    for breakfast because Ford eats their lunch.
    HEHEHE

dohhh you should have seen it coming
  • bkgwolfbkgwolf Member Posts: 5
    Yes, cheyenne, scottsdale, z71bill. Those older ones are still good ones.. c10, c20, c30, ect....
  • ryboy_usryboy_us Member Posts: 1
    Chevy has had Custom Deluxe, Cheyenne, Scottsdale,
    Silverado, (which used to be the top of the line,)
    They also used to make a Camper Special, and the Z-71 offroad option has been around for a long time as well, they just started writing it on the side of the pickup after 1988. Older ones used to have two shocks at each corner. As for the C/K designation, C means 2WD and K means 4WD, and they have always been around also, they do not just describe the 88-98 body style. The numbers are as follows: C-10, 1/2 ton 2WD, K-10, 1/2 ton 4WD, C-20, 3/4 ton 2WD, K-20, 3/4 ton 4WD, and so on the K-5 is a 4WD full size Blazer. After 88 they became 1500, 2500, 3500 and so on.
    Now they are all Silverados(the fullsize trucks, that is), with a base, LS, and LT trim level option. Hopefully this helps clear up a few things.
    I am a lifetime Chevy owner, with a 69 C-10, a 77 K-10 Silverado (fulltime 4WD), and a 98 LS ZR2 Blazer, also have owned a 69 C-50, a 2Wd 2-ton truck, a 67 C-60, a 2WD 2 1/2 ton truck, and an 83 K-20 Silverado with a 6.2 diesel, so I have a little experience with Chevrolet.
  • cspauldingcspaulding Member Posts: 159
    Anyone out there with a 2000 with a 454 under the hood? I have a 2000 Crew Cab with a 454 and believe we have a lemon... Has 373 gears, but that shouldn't make the difference. Cannot turn tires over on dry pavement, has a clicking under one valve cover (zone manager is telling us that is normal; I don't think so) also problems with differential, 4wheel drive, etc. Anyone with similar problems?

Truck has 14,000 miles on it. Had 17 miles when we picked it up. Developed problems, other than lack of power, at about 8,500 miles.

Thanks,
This discussion has been closed.