Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A6 Lease Questions

Comments

• rllnresistancerllnresistance Member Posts: 8
    Can you provide money factor and residual on a 2012 A6 Prestige at 10k and 20 k miles for 36 and 39 months? Thanks much!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    BTW, dewarsandsoda, you have an awesome username. I just realized what it says. HA.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi rllnresistance. Through July 5th, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 A6 3.0T Prestige with 10,000 miles per year are .00147 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00167 and 52%.

Did you really mean a 20,000 mile per year lease, or did you mean 12k? There's a big difference between 10 and 20, so I'll assume that you meant 12. AFS' 12k residual values are 1% lower than its 10k residuals.

Car_man
    Host
  • rllnresistancerllnresistance Member Posts: 8
    Thanks Car_man, for the #s and for catching my mistake on the mileage. I did indeed mean 12k.
  • atillahunatillahun Member Posts: 2
    I am looking to lease the new 2012 A6, has anyone been successful in negotiating the selling price below the MSRP?
  • dewarsandsodadewarsandsoda Member Posts: 207
    Thanks for the guidance on the RV and MF's, and I'm glad I could elicit a chuckle with my user name. Unfortunately, most dealers in SoCal have a limited sense of humor when it comes to negotiating.
    You're welcome rllnresistance.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem dewarsandsoda. Good luck in your quest for an A6.

Car_man
    Host
  • navdeepgnavdeepg Member Posts: 5
    I got 769.00 in NJ for A6 Prem with CW and side assist, 39 month lease with 2500 upfront
  • njdealneedernjdealneeder Member Posts: 4
    Hey NavDeepG - Where did you get the NJ lease?
  • monkster68monkster68 Member Posts: 8
    I was on this post a long time ago and still believe that Bell Audi in Edison, NJ has the best deals.....PERIOD! Just ask for Bob Diangelo or Ryan Schmidt and tell them Mike R sent you.
  • scmichaelscmichael Member Posts: 4
    Car Man,

What is money factor, residual, etc for:

2012 Audi A6 Prestige
    12000 Miles and 10,000 Miles
    Tier B and Tier A

Thanks,
  • scmichaelscmichael Member Posts: 4
    Hey,

I dont know why nobody responded to you. I'm new here, but just an FYI, Yes I did. I ordered A6 2012 Prestige yesterday...wont get here until October!

I used carwoo and truecar. Carwoo got me all of the dealers and truecar actually gave me a price target. I got about $2400 off MSRP...I think that is good.

Some, but definitely not all stuck to MSRP.

Hope this helps.
  • navdeepgnavdeepg Member Posts: 5
    just got A6 Prem Plus 10K miles per year for 760 with 2500 due at signing
    added COld Weather and side assist and audi connect . black exterior and brown inside
    Audi of meadowland in NJ..ask for edwin
    Bell had a similar price but did not have the car
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    If you own a BMW 5 Series or Mercedes E-Class but thinking about an Audi A6 for your next car, email [email protected] with your daytime contact information no later than Friday, August 12, 2011 to be interviewed by a reporter on the subject.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• perfectboundperfectbound Member Posts: 2
    A week and a half ago Bell internet sales director made the following lease deal for me:

2012 A6 Prestige + side assist, 18" sport, LED headlights, phantom black and black for 39 mos, 10k mi, and $3k due at signing for $721/mo.

Felt that was a good deal on a just released model. the lease agreement shows the MSRP as $61030 while the agreed upon value is shown as $55346.
  • bellevue168bellevue168 Member Posts: 3
    @perfectbound

What was your MF and residual for your deal. Can't seem to find any info on MF and residual for A6 prestige. Thanks!
  • shawn757shawn757 Member Posts: 204
    Car man,
    How much is the Audi care for a 2012 Audi A6?

Also can you post the lease rates for 2012 Audi A6 prestige? 42 months and 39 months for 15K miles?
  • perfectboundperfectbound Member Posts: 2
    My residual is 32345.
    Hi scmichael. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 A6 Prestige with 12,000 miles per year are .00145 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year is 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi shawn757. The last time I checked, the MSRP for Audi Care on an A6 was $800. There's some margin there for the dealer to play with, but I don't think that there's more than $100 to $150. I'm not sure if you'll be able to find a dealer that's willing to discount the plan.

Audi Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2012 A6 Prestige with 15,000 miles per year are .00165 and 49%, respectively. I believe that the money factor for a 42 month lease would be the same, but that the residual value for that term would likely be 1% lower.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks car man,
    Last time I checked dealer told me Audi care was $1000. Can they mark up the Audi Care?
  • mark196mark196 Member Posts: 10
    Perfectbound - can you let me know the name of the person you were dealing with at Bell? I'm looking at the exact same car (but in the quartz gray)...your price is a little better than I am being quoted right now.
    I use Ryan Schmidt or Bob DiAngelo, who I believe managers the dealership. Tell them Mike R sent you. I recently leased my second car from them. They are by far the best!
    Thanks - did you get a similar car? Was your pricing similar...trying to get an idea of how much I can push since the car hasn't been out too long not sure how much room I have..
  • jayrandalljayrandall Member Posts: 81
    But why would you put $3k down on a lease? That is way too much? What did the $3k include?
    2011 A6 Prem. Plus w/Audi Care. Numbers were great! Called 5 dealers and they were the best by far. It is always nice when the other dealers tell you to "get 3 if they are giving it to you for that price".
    You're welcome shawn757. I don't think that dealers can sell Audi Care for more than full MSRP, but there is likely some margin there.

Car_man
    Host
  • emillionemillion Member Posts: 17
    Went to an Audi dealer, asked about the .00145 and 52% for 36m 12k miles A6 prestige and they said it is not correct, they offered something with .00290 and 59% for 10k miles? Could you please clarify?
    Thank you.
  • Jaynj1Jaynj1 Member Posts: 47
    Hi Monkster68,

I am looking at A6 too. I called couple of dealers for pricing & lease rates. They want me to come to showroom.
    I am looking at premium plus with side assist & cold weather package. MSRp around 59800. What should be my sell price? :confuse:

Thanks

JAY
  • lostnspacelostnspace Member Posts: 2
    I'm glad that I came across this website. I was speaking with an Audi dealership via email and the salesman quoted $6K down on a 2012 Audi A6 3.0 Premium Plus with Cold Weather Package. The monthly payments would be $699.

If I'm going to put that much money down, I might as well be purchasing the vehicle. :mad:

I going to do some more searching around, I just do not see the point of putting such a substanial amount of money into a lease vehicle.

I really wish the 2013 A4/A5 were released, the main reason I'm even considering an A6 is because of improved functionality of the MMI with Google Earth.
  • atillahunatillahun Member Posts: 2
    I got A6 with MSRP of 57450 for 55000, so basically 2500 off the MSRP.

I put zero down with payment of 958 with 8.5% state tax.

Residual value 53% for 3 years,12000 miles.
  • harwin310harwin310 Member Posts: 3
    Hi. I am on the west coast in California. Anybody know of a dealer doing similar deals here? Cannot find this pricing here.
  • harwin310harwin310 Member Posts: 3
    I see that Bell is offering good pricing on the east coast. I am looking for similar similar pricing for Southern California. Any help would be appreciated.
  • lostnspacelostnspace Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man, do you mind helping with some residuals.

I am looking to lease a 2012 A6 Prestige @ 12K miles/yr at 36 months.

The car salesman is telling me with $4.4K down, the car notes will be $900.00/month :confuse: .

The asking pricing through Audi's website has a total price of $59,080.00
    MSRP: $56,780
    Ice Silver Metallic: $475
    Cold Weather Package: $450
    Audi Side Assist w/Pre Sense Rear: $500
    Destination charge: $875

I have not asked the salesman for MF's & RV's (and I am not sure if he's quoting the car at sticker price), but I would like to see what you come up with as way to check his honesty and as a way to see how much mark up he's putting on these numbers. If locale plays a factor, I am in Washington, DC. I also put the same options in TrueCar and the best local price is $56,495.00

Thanks in advance!
    I just purchased a 2012 A6 in Quartz Grey with Prestige package, 19 inch sport wheels, LED headlights and audi assist, MSRP was $61,530 and was able to get it in South Jersey for about $56,900....seems like a good deal with everything else posted here, was a back and forth process but in the end was able to get a to a good spot but did take time...
  • jayrandalljayrandall Member Posts: 81
    I got just about the same offer. Exact same car, MSRP $61,530 for a Prestige with the 19" sports package, LED's, and side assist option. Phantom Black on Black. This is in the Chicago area.

Dealer offering me $2,750 off sticker. Lease payment on a 10k per year, 39 month deal is $890, 0 down.

At this monthly payment, better to just buy the car and spread payments over 66 months at 3.99% APR.
  • iluvnewcarsiluvnewcars Member Posts: 23
    Hi Mark,

Do you mind sharing your dealer name with us? Seems like a good deal to me. I was also thinking of buying a car instead of leasing it. Audi lease rates are very high. And there is not much support from Audi. Obviously for a good reason that it is a brand new model.

Thanks.
    Hey emillion. Those numbers are indeed correct. It sounds like the dealer is attempting to mark AFS' money factor up on you to add additional hidden, back-end profit to your deal. This sort of thing is fairly common amongst luxury brand dealers, but it can often be avoided by knowledgeable consumers who know what their money factor should be.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi lostnspace. You're right, $900 per month with $4,400 down is a heck of a lot of money. Let's take a look at this car's current lease program. Audi Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 A6 Sedan Prestige with 12,000 miles per year are 0.00145 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Turnersville
  • bdhsailorbdhsailor Member Posts: 24
    I am also in the market for an A6. These lease numbers are poor and I would recommend you do not accept them. My last A6 was a 2008 model had a much better money factor. I predict the support from Audi will improve significantly as interest rates are at an historical low and A6 sales will be disappointing in today's economy. Do not buy. You should be able to get an A6 for $700 month, 36 month lease, 15k/ year and no cap cost reduction.You drive away paying only your first month's lease payment.
  • alexnyc8888alexnyc8888 Member Posts: 10
    Hi Car_man,

Whats the MF and Residual on the A6 Prem Plus (2012). 36 Mo 12K standard Lease.

Thanks a lot!!!
    Hey alexnyc8888. Audi Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 A6 Sedan Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00131 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • alexnyc8888alexnyc8888 Member Posts: 10
    Thanks for the info Car_man!

The dealer is saying that the 0.00131 rate is for the FWD A6 (I am guessing 2.0).
    He says that the rate for 3.0 Prem + (Quattro) Model is 0.00145.... Could you please verify these for me?
    Thanks a lot again for your help!!!
  • purgirlpurgirl Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2011
    @mark196: is the $56,900 price you are talking about include TTL or did you have to pay TTL on top of that?
  • whichluxurycarwhichluxurycar Member Posts: 54
    I'm looking for some advice.

I have excellent credit. The dealerships tell me "we have to mark up our buy rate -- that is what WE pay -- we aren't taking advantage of you, but we have to make some profit somewhere in the deal."

Is this correct? Or should I expect to get the buy rate MF?

Thanks
    You're welcome alexnyc8888. You are absolutely correct, .00145 is for the quattro and the .00131 is for the FWD version. Sorry for the confusion. Good luck in your quest for a new A6 and make sure to let us know how everything turns out

Car_man
    Host
    Hi whichluxurycar. While it is true that dealers are very much allowed to mark up money factors to add additional profit to deals, there's plenty of dealers that don't mark money factors up. It wouldn't hurt to shop around to see if there is a dealer in your area that will lease you this car using the buy rate. If there's enough competition you should be able to find one.

Car_man
    Host
    Car man,
    Can you let me know the residual and money factor for A6 3.0 PRESTIEGE 15k miles for october. I need 36 month, 39 month, 42 month and 48 month rates
    thanks
This discussion has been closed.