Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A6 Lease Questions

Comments

• scmichaelscmichael Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2011
    Hi Car Man,

I ordered an A6 Prestige the end of July and the car is arriving next week. I negotiated the price and got preapproved for a lease. I was told I was approved for B tier pricing which I was told was one step below top tier. My 48 month lease pmt with no money down (except drive off) is $928.21. I just assumed it was because of my credit, but the more I thought about it, it seemed pretty high. I think he said top tier was $900 or $910.

I think I could pay close to that by purchasing and trading in my car.

Could you please tell me if this sounds right. This is from the "Lease Worksheet" and "Lease Review" from the dealer:

$60,555 MSRP
    $58,137 negotiated price (GSR Cap Cost)
    48 months
    2.46 Rate
    .45 Residual
    12K Mi/Yr
    $695 Acq Fee
    $486.75 Gvt Fees
    $3649.39 Taxes
    Doc Fee $40
    Initial PMT $2219.71
    Adj Residual $27249.75

Drive off:
    $928.21 1st pmt
    $64.75 Sls Tx upfront
    $486.75 1st yr govt fees
    $740 Other upfrnt (Acq fee + Doc fee)
    $2219.71 Total

BTW I'm in Los Angeles

If I purchased my credit union says I can get 3.24% for 60 months. I would put down $10K so they said my monthly would be $868. He forgot sales tax, but I calculated that it should be around $953/ month.

1st does the lease sound right?
    2nd should I buy? It's the 1st new model year so that makes me nervous.

Thanks a lot.
  • bdhsailorbdhsailor Member Posts: 24
    WoW!!
    Are you guys really going to pay that much? Don't do it. Sure the A6 is a new model this year, but these prices are much higher then in recent years. The car is simply not worth that much. Don't buy. The euro is falling against the dollar. Wait and check the rates for next month. They will come down.
  • shawn757shawn757 Member Posts: 204
    I like to wait but I ordered a car back in July. It's coming early november, but how long will it be for the rates to come down? I have looking at the rates every month but it has been coming down only by little. :(
  • kooldoc98kooldoc98 Member Posts: 11
    I am looking for A6 2012 3.0 quattro with prem plus vs prestige for 36 mths @ 15K/yr
    so far have been to 1 dealer and got the following numbers (from KY/OH area)

Premium PLUS

MSRP 55470
    residual 0.52
    Money factor .00195

PLUS

doc fee
    sales tax
    acq fee
    sec deposit

and the monthly payment comes to $ 1027.33

PRESTIGE

MSRP 58130
    residual 0.50
    Money factor .00195

PLUS

doc fee
    sales tax
    acq fee
    sec deposit

and the total monthly payment comes to $ 1105.10

What do you suggest?
    I am thinking of MSRP around 55,000 for premium Plus and 57,500 for prestige(according to trucar.com )

I am not sure whether one can negotiate money factor and residuals or is it predetermined by the manufacturer?
    Please advise on what you think about the 2 monthly payments and whether MSRP can be negotiated and also if Money factor and residuals can be negotiated as well?
  • e90me90m Member Posts: 30
    Car_Man,

Was hoping you could post the above rates for the leftover 2011s? Looking for 36 months and 10K miles. If there are any special programs (odd month terms), can you possibly post those as well?

Thanks much in advance!
    Does anyone know the current residual and mf for the A6 prestiege 15k miles? 39,42, and 48?
    Thanks
  • leeman912leeman912 Member Posts: 1
    Just got my 2012 A6 today and here are the lease number

Premius Plus with sports package
    MSRP 57470
    Selling Price 52512
    Term: 36 month, 12k/year
    Down 387
    Total Drive off 1500 (with $1000 from current mercedes/bmw owner)
    Monthly Payment $735 without tax ($800 total with Los Angeles county Tax)

I think the Residual is 54% and and MF is 0.0016 (this may be September Residual and
    MF as I did not come up with exact lease payment with my calculation)

Hope this help someone !!!
    Leeman912
    Good deal.
    How did you get 5K off the sticker?
    Is the 1K audi loyalty?
  • stuartgene53stuartgene53 Member Posts: 2
    Can you assist me in letting me know what the Residual Values and Money Factors are for a 36 and 48 month lease for the 2012 Audi A6 3.0T Prestige Quattro AWD with the following configuration: Cold Weather Package, Innovation Package, 18" Sport Package and Prestige Package? MSRP $ 65,380.

The sales price that I was quoted is $ 61,650. For the 36 month lease 12,000 miles: Residual value of 52%=$33,997.60; money factor .00145. After applying the use of Multiple Security Deposits (maximum of 9=$7875) the money factor is reduced to .00073. Monthly payment after prepayments for sales tax, title, registration and bank fees is $837.94.

I wonder just how "good" a deal this is?

Can you comment?
  • thephantom1thephantom1 Member Posts: 12
    What type of deal are you getting with that 2.0 setup?
    kooldoc98
    This is a terrible deal. Do not do it. You should be able to get the car at near dealer invoice.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Greetings shawn757. Audi Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2011 A6 3.0 Prestige with 15,000 miles per year are .00145 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00165 and 48%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48-month lease are .00181 and 43%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi kooldoc98. These deals do not look very good to me. The money factor that you are being charged are higher than Audi Financial Services' buy rate for this model for consumer who qualify for its top credit tier. This means that either your credit is not in great shape or the dealer is trying to mark your vehicle's money factor up in an effort to add additional hidden back-end profit to your deal.

Also, you never mentioned what these cars' selling prices are. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without knowing this number, it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if you are getting the best possible deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi e90m. I don't believe that Audi is providing lease support on the 2011 A6 any longer. Audi is providing $2,000 dealer cash on this car right now though.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi shawn757. Audi Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A6 3.0T Prestige quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00145 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00165 and 48%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48-month lease are .00181 and 43%.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on getting your new A6, leeman912. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. I'm sure that others will find this information helpful. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    I can help you out, stuartgene53. Audi Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A6 3.0T Sedan Prestige quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00145 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The selling price that you were quoted looks good as well.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks car man, really appreciate it. Do you know if these rates are valid for November also?
    No problem shawn757. The numbers are different for November.

Audi Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A6 3.0T Prestige quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00108 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00128 and 46%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48-month lease are .00197 and 41%.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks car man, so the residuals went down. Do you know the numbers for the 42 month term?
    Thanks again
    Wow I checked the payments and it has got worse this month than the last month because the residual dropped. Are there any dealer cash on these or any hidden money available for the 2012 A6?
    No problem shawn757. I believe that the money factor for a 42-month lease of this car would be .00128.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi shawn757. I believe that Audi is waiving the first month's payment on leases of the 2012 A6 right now. Plus it has $1,000 loyalty / conquest cash on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • bashinbashin Member Posts: 27
    Carman,

Do you have the residual/MF for the 2012 A6 Premium Plus in either engine size for 10k miles?

Thanks!
    Thanks carman, do you know the residual for the 42 month lease for 15k? Is it 48% or less?
  • lavernnlavernn Member Posts: 4
    I am in the market for an 2010 Audi A6 Prestige pkg. I'm in the Raleigh, NC area but I'm willing to travel as far as Charlotte-Maryland to find one. The dealers I've been in contact with can find a match. They are suggesting I consider leasing to get the price I want. I know nothing out how to negotiate a lease. Any advise on how to find a 2010 A6 or getting the best lease?
    Lavernn,
    Negotiate the sales price the same way you would if you were buying the car. Audi fixes the money factor (interest rate) and the residual. Find out what your drive away costs are. Do not pay cap cost reduction as this just confuses your monthly payment. Look out for additional costs. Have Audi Care added to the cost of your lease.

Hint: Wait 6 months to buy one. Costs are very high right now for an A6 because it is a new moderl.
    Thanks for this info. I just got a call from the dealer. He's offering a Audi A6 Prem Plus, cold weather pkg & Audi Care, TAX 3%: MSRP $55,920

.00148 MF
    RESIDUAL 51%
    $486 OUT THE DOOR & $704/ MONTH FOR 39 MONTHS

How does this sound?
  • kooldoc98kooldoc98 Member Posts: 11
    thanks for the reply car_man.
    I was able to find another deal for Audi A6 prestige with brilliant balck,audi side assist package and audi care included

Selling price was 55200
    residual 51%
    MF 0.002084
    lease term 36 mths @ 15,000/yr
    monthly payment $ 960 (inclusive of tax and audi care)
    These numbers were supposedly good through October and I believe things might have changed in November.
    The problem is I will have to order my car with the color coombination I need so i am kinda limited by time factor also.I will need to check back with the dealer later this month , but what are your thoughts on the above numbers.
    Please advise,thanks.
  • ibslatesibslates Member Posts: 10
    lavernn,

That sounds like a good deal. Can you list some more details:
    Selling price?
    Did you use loyalty?
    Price includes tax?
    What dealer--I'm in NC as well and looking for an A6 this month.

Thanks!
    Car man,
    Do you know the US bank rates for the Audi A6? say 48 months? Do you know if the rates are better than audi financial?
    Thanks
    lavernn,
    Best deal I have seen . How many miles a year?
    MF is marked up if the is AFS. Or is it another bank?
    Leith Audi on Capital Blvd, Raleigh. Ask for Brandon

This is 12K/ yr. 39 months
    Is this a 2012 Prestige for $55,200? Does this have side assist or cold weather? the price sound great. Which dealership?
    lavernn,

I could not get anywhere close to this deal even though I have purchased 2 previous cars from the same dealership. Congrat's. You have a "hungry" dealer. My dealer suggested waiting 6 months and trying again.
    Hi bashin. Audi Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A6 Sedan 3.0T Premium Plus with quattro with 10,000 miles per year are .00108 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi shawn757. I believe that Audi Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42-month lease of a 2011 A6 Sedan Premium Plus is 46%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi shawn757. I only keep tabs on Audi Financial's lease program for Audi vehicles. I haven't seen the numbers for US Bank. I doubt that its program is better than AFS.

Car_man
    Host
  • vhl71vhl71 Member Posts: 9
    how is the pricing in canada for A6? The model i built using their website has an MSRP of CAD68400 . premium plus, bose system and led lights. Way more than the US -

What sort of discount should i be asking the dealer for?
  • k1ahnk1ahn Member Posts: 4
    Got an offer for 2012 A6 Premium Plus, 19' Sports Package, Audi Side Assist. Is this a good deal? I'm in So Cal.

MSRP: 56995
    Selling price: 53500
    Residual 52%
    MF 0.00108
    36 mths 12,000/yr lease term
    $1500 from Audi Incentives (loyalty program)

Down Payment: $3500
    monthly payment $ 702 (inclusive of tax)

Also, would you recommend getting Audi care?
    Thanks.
  • ibslatesibslates Member Posts: 10
    This seems like a pretty good deal for this car. Not sure why you would want to put this much money down. You could either consider only giving 1st months payment and raising your payment or using the multiple security deposit program.

My recent shopping suggested that the a6 and BMW 535 lease around the same payment. The E350 was around $100 less per month.
    K1ahn

You should put nothing down if possible. This allows you to compare deals. Each $1,000 down is equivalent to approximately $30/month. Also, my dealer says the side assist is only available with the prestige option. Maybe this is not the case in your area.
    Audi care is important. See if you can get that thrown in by the dealer.
  • k1ahnk1ahn Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the advice.

I used the Lease Calculator and my monthly payment should by $646(tax included) not $702.
    This is based on...
    MSRP: 56995
    Selling price: 53500
    Residual 52%
    MF 0.00108
    36 mths 12,000/yr lease term
    $1500 from Audi Incentives (loyalty program)+1st payment

What I'm I missing here or is the dealer adding some additional cost? Also, I'm going to lower the down payment and possibly put it towards security deposit. I already qualified for their top tier credit.

Also, I'm debating whether I should go with Prestige package for the S-Line. But when I compared the Prestige to Premium Plus, there wasn't a big difference especially in Black. Also, the dealer told me Prestige has lower residual.
    I have been offered the car $5000 off msrp. the msrp is $64000 but the payment is in the $900 range due to the residual being low. is there any hope that the rates will become better? or is this the best you can get for this car?
    shawnman757

You are right. This is a bad deal. $900/mo is way too high for an A6 in this economy. The lower residual for the better car makes no sense. It comes directly from Audi. The best bet for a lower price will come from the euro dropping against the dollar. You can get a 10% discount in a hurry this way because your dollars are going baqck to euro's. In addition audi is not providing a great interest rate,
    Wait a few months. Audi dials deals off and on depending on the supply and demand. They have now restored paying the first month lease payment for you. Dealer incentives will go higher and the smarter dealers will share them with you.
    Don't buy. They will call you.
  • slennerslenner Member Posts: 1
    Any Audi Special leasing deals for the A6 2.0. ?
  • djsly92807djsly92807 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2011
    I just got an offer yesterday for 2012 A6 Premium, 18' Sports Package in Phantom Black. I'm located in So Cal (LA area) and shopped all around and this was the best deal I could find. Has anyone in So Cal seen a deal similar to this or better:

MSRP: $52,750
    Selling price: $47,950
    Residual 52%
    MF 0.00108
    39 mths 10,000/yr lease term
    $1500 from Audi Incentives (loyalty program)
    1st Payment Free through Season of Audi deal

Down Payment: $3000
    monthly payment $552 (+$48.30 tax)
  • 101audi101audi Member Posts: 5
    I am in the same boat as you.

2012 A6 Premium Plus with19" sport pack
    12,000/yr lease term

Down Payment: $2500
    monthly payment $712.14 (with tax, 35month)

let's deal together and save some money.
    I plan to lease within the month.
    (justindhk[at]gmail.com)
    This is a good deal if there is no money down. How much did it work out to with nothing out of pocket. Only drive off? MF seems buy rate. Whos is the dealer?
    Also has anyone tried Zag? Through American express car buying program I saw they offer the car at invoice less the loyalty or conquest. That means $1500 below invoice you can get the car. But still the MF is too much for me. I wish they lower it.
This discussion has been closed.