Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A6 Lease Questions

Comments

• k1ahnk1ahn Member Posts: 4
    Ok. I got a deal for same selling price of $53500 + Audi Care, MSRP $56995 with...
    Down payment: 1500
    Security Deposit: 2250
    Monthly payment with tax: $728.85

Residual: 53% which reflect 1% increase for Audi Care
    MF 0.00087 (lowered from 0.00108 - 0.00021 for 3 security deposits)
    36 mths 12,000/yr lease term
    $1500 from Audi Incentives (loyalty program)+1st payment paid by Audi = $2229.85 total rebate

Does this sound like a good deal?
  • eshlaneshlan Member Posts: 11
    Which dealership is this? What does "3 security deposits" mean?

I have been quoted something similar (but no Audi Care):

2012 A6 Premium plus package
    Cold weather package
    Brushed aluminum inlays
    MSRP $55,445

Selling price $52,110 plus tax, title and lic.

Lease: 36 months
    15,000 miles per year
    Drive off $3,500
    Monthly payment $685 plus tax

MF: 0.00118
    Residual: 50%
    Which dealership? I'm in So Cal and have just started looking around.
  • gporto1gporto1 Member Posts: 4
    Hey, just leased a 2012 A6 Premium Plus w/ 19" Sport Package, Heated Package & Side Assist in Phantom Black.

MSRP $57, 920
    Price Paid $54, 239
    Factor .00108
    Residual 52%

I needed to put $300 down to keep the payment at $799. I received a $1000 Loyalty Incentive. The 'first months payment' was applied as a 'cap cost reduction' along with my $300.

I live in New Jersey.

By the way, have had it for 3 days and the car is awesome.

This forum helped me understand what I could get and I wanted to share my experience.
  • hoyadoctorhoyadoctor Member Posts: 2
    Offer for an A6 Prestige Moonlight Blue with Innovation/Cold Weather Pkg, MSRP 63,905. Selling price 62,000, down payment is trade in (8500), Residual value 51%, Money Factor 0.00138, no cash down, monthy payment including taxes (PA) $784.03
  • fineman2fineman2 Member Posts: 25
    Is your negotoated price $54, 239 contains loyalty discount $1000. Is your lease 12k/year and lease payment contains tax as well?
    Thx.
  • bobbydbobbyd Member Posts: 14
    Any thoughts on the following lease opportunity? A6 Prem Plus, 10K/yr, 48 months. MSRP = 54,995, selling price 51,820. Drive off is $3500. Payments will be $740 inc all tax and Audi care. In addition, what exactly is "drive off" and how much should I expect my payments to increase for additional miles. Thanks for your help.
  • bdhsailorbdhsailor Member Posts: 24
    hoyadoctor
    Not a good deal.
    I think the selling price ought to be lower as you are only getting 2K off the list and I would expect 3.5K off the list. Remember, the first month lease payment is free and paid for by Audi . Big downpayment with your trade in. What are you trading in? Remember each $1,000 of downpayment which really is cap cost reduction is worth about $30/month off your lease payment. I'll bet you can get a better deal if you buy the car.
    bobbyrd
    Drive off is what you have to pay them on the day you leave with the car. It is really a cap cost reduction to lower your monthly lease payment and is in general a bad idea. Audi is paying the first month lease payment so your $3500 is going to pay down the price of the car. Without it your monthly payment would be approximately $110 more a month. The dealer does not want to scare you off with a monthly payment of $850/month which of course is a ridiculous amount of money to pay for 10K miles a year. In short you have a terrible deal. Run very fast in the other direction.
  • k1ahnk1ahn Member Posts: 4
    Each security deposit which equals monthly payment (rounded to the next 25 dollar) lowers your MF rate (i believe by 0.00007). I'll get this money at the end of the lease. So my down payment is $1500 + $2250 (3 security deposits)

My monthly payment: $676.43 + tax = $728.85 for 36 months 12,000/yr lease term.

2012 A6 Premium Plus, 19' Sports Package, Audi Side Assist. Audi Care
    MSRP: 56995
    Selling price: 53500

I think I'm getting a good deal.
  • hoyadoctorhoyadoctor Member Posts: 2
    They said they would have taken more off but the car is coming from the Boston area to the Philly area and they say Audi always transports (not drives) the cars
  • gporto1gporto1 Member Posts: 4
    No. The loyalty discount showed up as part of the payment. So, the down payment was $300 of my money, $1000 loyalty and $799 first payment. The 54k was the negotiated price. Hope that helps.

My lease included 15k per year.

Yes, my lease includes the tax. I should have mentioned that. It was not paid upfront.
  • bobbydbobbyd Member Posts: 14
    Thanks bdhsailor. I thought something was up when I started to see some of the other A6 Prem Plus leases.

Would anyone know if a normal residual rate for a 4 year lease (A6 Prem Plus) with 12-15K miles per year, be around 50%? I'm wondering what I should be looking for when doing my calculation. Also, any word on the AFS December MF rate? I think I saw a post mentioning .00108 was the Nov rate. I'm guessing December would be in the same neighborhood. I'm just looking for something to use in the lease calculator. Thanks
  • angryprezangryprez Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2011
    Washington DC area -- 2012 A6 3.0T - Premium Plus - cold weather package -MSRP $55,920 --

Selling price $52,000, less $2,322 cap reduction, less $1,767 rebate - acquisition fee $695, adds to cap cost $1,295 - net cap cost $50,881

total sales tax $1,676

36 month term 10,000 miles - 0.00108 money factor, 53% residual -

with $3000 down, monthly cost is $677
    with $2000 down, monthly cost is $707
    with $0 down, monthly cost is $766

Can someone comment on whether this is a good deal, and/or where i can push further?

Thanks!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Yes, slenner, Audi is providing lease support on this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • arguijo28arguijo28 Member Posts: 2
    Can you provide dealer and city you got this deal?
  • arguijo28arguijo28 Member Posts: 2
    Can you provide dealer and city you got this deal?
    Pasadena, ca
  • jagman7jagman7 Member Posts: 9
    Hi all, let me know if you think this is a good deal.

2012 Audi premium plus A6 with navigation, cold weather package and audi side assist.

MSRP is $56,420 and the invoice as configured is $53,008. I am paying $100 over invoice so $53,108.

Audi is paying the first month and giving me $1000 incentive since I currently drive a Jag XF.

Total out of pocket is $1400 which includes bank fee, MV fees, etc. Payment is $689 + $57 tax/ month for 36 months with 10k miles. Or $669 + $57 tax / month for 42 months. If I pay the tax upfront it comes out to ~$3500 at signing without the $57 / month. Not sure what the money factor or residual is. thoughts?

thanks
    Jagman,
    Having the use of that car for 3 years for $1400 down and $689 a month plus tax is a good deal. 10K miles a year is light, but if you lease another one your dealer may cover the extra milage. Or you may decide to buy the car after a 3 year test drive. I would do it if you need a car right now. If you can wait 6 months it will be less because the euro is coming down vs the dollar, the chinese won't be buying all of them and Audi will be dealing.
    Thanks for the feedback. I really don't drive as much as I used to so the 10k might be ok for me. Right now I am turning in the Jag and inam well under miles.

My other option isbto get another XF and the dealer will give me 12k per year at $645 / month including tax for 36 months with only about $1500 at signing for MV fees etc. A better deal than the Audi but I would be driving the same car.

Thanks again
  • rayceeraycee Member Posts: 10
    Is that for a 2012 XF and if so what package? I've gone back and forth with the XF.

Thanks for sharing.
    Yes for a 2012 Jag XF Luxury. Which is the base package but well equipped in my opinion. Has Nav, cold weather, back up camera and lane assist. hope that helps
  • rayceeraycee Member Posts: 10
    Yes it does. Thanks. It does seem you get a lot of standard options on base XF which is refreshing.
  • echiuechiu Member Posts: 18
    Hi Car Man,

Do you have the new January 2012 money factor and residuals for the Audi A6? I am looking for 36 months at both 10k and 12k miles per year.

Thanks,

-Eric
  • jcar2jcar2 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking into leasing a 2012 A6 42 mo 10k miles. I know in December the money factors and residual were better than they are now in January. Do we think that in February it might move back in the consumers favor a bit or historically is that not likely?
    Yes I do Eric. Audi Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A6 Sedan 3.0T Premium with quattro and 12,000 miles per year are .00075 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jcar2. Traditionally December is one of the best times of the year to purchase or lease a new vehicle...and January is one of the worst. For the most part, this year was no exception to that rule. As they stand right now, Audi's lease program is scheduled to run through the end of February. While it's possible that it will make an unscheduled enhancement to its program next month, I personally think that it is unlikely that it will do so.

Car_man
    Host
  • bmacbmac Member Posts: 7
    Car_man,
    Are the February lease rates the same? Does the money factor and residual change for the prestige package? I was quoted a 50% residual and .00139 money factor for a 3.0T prestige model with Innovation package.
    Yes, I believe that Audi's February lease program is basically the same as its January program was.

The money factor that you were quoted looks too high. The last time I saw Audi's lease program for the 2012 A6 3.0T Prestige, its buy rate lease money factor was only .00089 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value that you were quoted is correct for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year.

Car_man
    Host
  • bdelcimmbdelcimm Member Posts: 14
    I'm a few weeks away from finalizing my purchase. My dealer did a locate of a color and option package that I'm interested in. I put $500 down (may have been a tactical mistake here!) and they have provided a loaner for the bridge until the car comes in.

I'm interested in possibly leasing the car. I have 16k from a settlement from an accident that totaled my 2004 535 BMW. I could put that as a deposit towards buying the car. I'd prefer to hold off on that.

I've been interested in going lease for several reasons that make sense to me but I'm not sure that I am getting a good deal here. I've asked for more details from the finance guy. Here's the scoop of where the deal sits:

MSRP = $55,920
    Selling Price = $52,617
    Annual Miles = 12k
    Term = 42 month
    Out of Pocket = $1,875.45
    Residual = $27,081
    Monthly Lease Payment = $814.20

FICO Score = 760+

Do you think this is good?
    Where should I be looking to negotiate?

All help would be greatly appreciated here. :P
    Just got the MF = .001518
    Also, total Cap Cost:

Selling Price = $53,087
    Plus Tax = $2,095.19
    Plus Audi Care = $800
    Total Cap Cost = $55,982.19

IS this a good deal?? What should I be asking for??
  • bderushbderush Member Posts: 24
    They are screwing you over on the money factor. It is a terrible deal. I would think you should be able to get the same car for at least $100 less a month. Ask them to give you the base rate on the money factor or find another dealer that will.
    Thanks...Do you think the price on the car is good? I'm still working on a couple other dealers. I think what has this messed up is the MF. Are dealers able to negotiate on this? My guy is telling me that it's set and cannot be adjusted.
  • bderushbderush Member Posts: 24
    The money factor is being marked up by the dealer above in beyond from what the base rate from Audi Financial is. The base rate for Feb is .00089. They are marking it up by in order to pad the profit on the deal. Some dealers mark it up higher then others. Simply tell them that you will only pay the base rate or no deal. Shop other dealers and find one that will. The selling price looks pretty decent to me, but the money factor is killing this deal.
  • hf101hf101 Member Posts: 9
    Can someone please tell me the money factor and the residual rate for a lease on a 2012 A6, 3.0 Prestige for 42 months. Thanks very much!
  • markb11markb11 Member Posts: 1
    Can someone please tell me the February money factor and the residual rate for a lease on a 2012 A6, 2.0 Prestige and 2.0 Prestige Plus for 36 months. Thanks very much!
    Hi hf101. Audi Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42-month lease of a 2012 A6 3.0 Prestige with 15,000 miles per year are .00109 and 43%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings markb11. Audi Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A6 2.0 Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00075 and 49%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Premium Plus are exactly the same.

Car_man
    Host
  • mnguy0mnguy0 Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

Can you tell me the March money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease for a 2012 A6 3.0 Prestige with 10,000 miles per year? Also, would it be any different for an A6 3.0 Premium Plus?

Thanks.
  • asgaraasgara Member Posts: 1
    First time on this forum. Can you tell me the money factor and the residual rate for a lease on a 2012 A6, 3.0 Premium Plus for 36 months with 15000 miles?

I got the following deal:
    MSRP: $57,000
    Negotiated Price: $54,455
    Down Payment: $3000
    36 months
    15,000 miles
    MF: .00109
    Residual: 49% (I think)
    Monthly Rate: $739 + tax

How can I improve this deal? Thank You!!
  • deanoohdeanooh Member Posts: 12
    edited March 2012
    Hello,
    First time poster . I have been browsing this forum for about two months now and always look forward to Car_man posting the monthly lease rates. My current Acura TL lease is up May 23, 2012.

I'm now interested in a 2012 A6 3.0 Prestige-- 36 mo lease rates - 15K miles, 20" package,LED Lights, Havana BLK. maybe 42 month lease if it is better.

Curious when I should start going in to deal and what to expect for numbers from the dealer ( car cost , MF, residual, etc ).

Does anyone think now is a good time or wait till end of the month April maybe ? I met with one car salesman to test drive and he mentioned an incentive because I was in an existing Acura lease to become an Audi leaser. Something to that effect. truth ? :confuse:

Any hand holding or advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,
    Dean
  • hammervettehammervette Member Posts: 45
    Hi,
    Is there a lease calculator that can be used to enter the info you are providing and the price of the car to come to a lease price. I know you would have to add any other dealer fee on as well.

Thanks
    Jim :)
  • hf101hf101 Member Posts: 9
    edited March 2012
    There seem to be several lease calculators on the internet but this one seemed very useful (and easy to use): http://leaseguide.com/calc.htm
  • hammervettehammervette Member Posts: 45
    Hi,
    Can you post the March MF and residual for Premium Plus, 10,000 mile for 36 and 42 month

Thank you
    Jim
  • deanoohdeanooh Member Posts: 12
    edited March 2012
    Hi Everybody,

Can someone post the 2012 A6 3.0 Prestige Base Rate March Lease 15K miles. , MF numbers and residual percentage for

36 Month Lease =
    42 Month Lease =

Thank you so much

I'm itching to get an early jump before my lease ends in May 2012.

Cheers,
    Dean
  • bermasterbermaster Member Posts: 2
    Could someone provide the March money factor and residual for:

2012 Audi A6 2.0T Premium Plus - MSRP $45,920
  • e350leasee350lease Member Posts: 11
    I'm looking this as well! And I want to know if Audi does MSD's as well
    I certainly can mnguy0. Audi Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A6 3.0 Prestige with 10,000 miles per year are .00070 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an A6 2.0 Premium Plus are .00070 and 51%.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.