Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW 3-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• drscottbdrscottb Member Posts: 3
    328xi with a retail of 43295-$2500 in rebates. Regular money factor of .00185 (I think)

All fees and NY taxes in the monthly payment. 27 month at $445/mo. First month paid by BMW

Your dealer may be part lying and part truthful. They may not be able to get the car in time as they may have nothing to trade the other dealer. I can't speak for their numbers
  • assistpleaseassistplease Member Posts: 4
    Yea I understand there could be few different reasons why they couldn't get it in time and I was talking more in anger because I was still fuming. I have had time to cool down a little and see that, but they did handle the whole situation poorly. It's not like I went in there today, we've been talking about this particular car for a week now and they are ones that told me it is not an issue getting it. If they were upfront with me from the beginning and told me it could be an issue, I would have had a back up plan or just got the ball rolling a lot more quickly. Instead they just called me, said "sorry and we have no other cars for you either. We tried calling the other dealership seven times and no one picked up." Am i supposed to buy that excuse? The other dealership laughed at that when I told them. They wasted a week of my time and I got to start all over from scratch at another dealership and only have 3 days to get a deal worked out and take delivery of the car. Thanx for letting me vent Edmunds forum!!!
  • arasanarasan Member Posts: 4
    This forum has been very useful, thanks car_man and all:

328xi Sedan, Metallic, Premium pkg, Heated driving wheel, Satellite with 1-yr sub

MSRP: 41,215
    Sale: 35,751
    Resi: 72%
    MF : 0.00185
    Down: 1,621 (Bank Fee+Tags+1st month)
    Monthly: 346, with 9% taxes=377

Happy New Year! Cheers
  • lyakirlyakir Member Posts: 21
    Congratulation on your great deal! Which dealership was this?
    Thanks Lyakir, BMW of the Main Line, Bala Cynwyd, PA. The staff at this dealership made the whole experience enjoyable. Its a great car, I guess once you drive a BMW, there is no going back. Cheers!
  • assistpleaseassistplease Member Posts: 4
    As you can see my recent posts on this page, I had a very good deal fall through last second. This whole process has been a roller coaster of emotions and looks like it ended well. After almost finding the same exact car as the one that fell through(same color combo and most packages/options) in another state, I was able to work out a deal, not same deal but a good deal nonetheless. It goes as follows...

328xi Coupe
    MSRP - $50,525
    Sale - $45,189
    MF - .00120
    % - 64% residual

Down - $1900 "inception" fees(1st month, Bank Acq, doc, dmv)

Monthly - $484
    - $444ish with $3500 worth of multiple securities
  • browneyezzzbrowneyezzz Member Posts: 15
    Happy New Year to everyone on this forum..
    Closed the deal on a 2011 328i xDrive yesterday..

MSRP 40655
    Total out of pocket 1200 (DMV/ Taxes etc)
    325 a month for 27 months/10K miles

Deeply appreciate all your valuable inputs .
    Congratulations on an awesome deal. What was the Sale Price, MF and Residual, if you don't mind sharing. Does $325 include taxes and did you have to put any money down to reduce the MF.
    edited January 2012
    Thanks Arasan...

MSRP 40655 ( Premium package/ Heated Steering Wheel/ Sat Radio )

MF is .00185 ( I didnt put any security down to reduce MF)

Total out of pocket was 1200 ( which includes the initial DMV/ Bank Aq fee and first month payment payed by Dealer)

325 a month includes taxes too.
    Great deal... Did you have BMW loyalty? What was the purchase price?

Thank you
    edited January 2012
    Thanks Lyakir...

No BMw loyalty...This is my first BMW.

Purchase price is 36130 and the 1500 in incentives ..
    Hey Browneyezzz ...

So basically, you got the fair cost of the car from one of the sites ($36,130), reduced this by $1,500 in incentives to calculate your lease payments, and then, you got the first month payment waived.

Great going, congratulations!!
    Hello Car mand,

could you please let us know the incentives that are available for the 2011 3 series lease now..?

Looking for 27/36 months residuals 10/12/15K and MF for 328xi. Thank you
  • tga01tga01 Member Posts: 69
    CARMAN,

The BMW website shows a lease special for January for the 328xi for 33 months. Would you happen to know if they are still offering the 27 month lease term on the 328xi model ?

Also, could you post the lease rates/residuals for the 33 month and 27 month program (if avail) for the 2011 328xi for 15k miles.

thanks very much in advance !!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey chansol0. It absolutely is possible to beat BMW's advertised lease payments. Most manufacturers leave a little meat on the bone so to speak in their ads. Savvy consumers who shop around in areas that have a decent level of competition can usually negotiate lower selling price than the ones that were used to arrive at the advertised payment.

You definitely can lease any vehicle that you want without making any sort of capitalized cost reduction aka down payment. In fact it is in your best interest as a consumer to put as little money down as possible when leasing. MSDs are definitely preferable to cap cost reductions because you actually get them back at lease-end, assuming that your vehicle doesn't have any excess wear and tear or mileage charges.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 M3 Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

I don't believe that BMW is currently providing any cash incentives on this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi soflabmw. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2011 328i Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00185 and 46%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi lyakir. Unfortunately, the amazing deals that BMW was offering at the end of the year are no longer available. BMW Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2011 328xi with 15,000 miles per year are .00185 and 45%, respectively.

The residual values for leases with 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher. The 10k residuals would be 2% higher.

There is a $1,500 dealer cash incentive on this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi tga01. I don't believe that the special 27-month offer on the '11 328xi is available any longer. The special term is now 33 months. I haven't seen the details of it yet, but I'll ask around and see what I can find out for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • lostdutchmanlostdutchman Member Posts: 12
    I just returned from my local dealership and they still have the $379 / 0
    down on the 328xi on the window of a vehicle. After a great test drive, the salesman came out with the numbers, come to find out that deal expired on 1/3/2012 and they forgot to remove it. I was not happy! Numbers not even close. They offered to work a deal at their current cost, but it still wasn't close. I felt like someone punched me in the gut...no deal made. Not sure what I am going to do now.
    Unfortunately, I suspected that was the case lostdutchman. The amazing dealer from the European Luxury manufacturers that were out there in December just don't seem to be there in January.

The end of the year seems to be one of the best times to get new vehicles.

Car_man
    Host
    Thought I would update my experience. After some negotiations I picked up my new 2011 328I Xdrive Monday night! 33 Month lease, less then $400.00 a month. Total out of pocket 2000.00 (which was my trade equity). Thought it was a great deal considering.
  • ctarnactarna Member Posts: 19
    edited January 2012
    Lostdutchman- What was the MSRP of the 328ix? I am about to sign for same w/ $3k down and payment of $422 but MSRP is $43790. I am trying to see if I can get a better deal...

MSRP- $43790
    MF- .00185
    Res- he typed in .64, but as Car Man noted, more like 46%

Down payment:
    Cap cost red- $3000
    Lease Fee- $725
    First month- $422
    Dealer doc fee- $75
    Plates/reg- $500
    TOTAL DOWN= $4722

33 months @ $422/mo with 15,000 miles/year.

Good deal, can do better, or run away?
    The deal I received was a result of the dealer not removing signage from the previous incentives/sale. The MSRP was I believe 40665 if I remember correctly. No Idrive, I suspect that is the difference in price.
  • ahoward2ahoward2 Member Posts: 5
    Car man (or anyone that can offer some info)

Just got back from my local dealership in Los Angeles.

Quote #1:
    2012 328 coupe, 12k miles/yr, 36 mo
    Nav, Premium, M pkg, bmw apps, heated seats
    $1000 drive off, $686/mo (tax incl)
    I believe the MSRP is around $49k
    Selling Price was around $47k
    I was told MF was .00195 and the residual is 63%

Quote #2:
    2012 328 coupe, 12k miles/yr, 36 mo
    Nav, Premium, bmw apps, heated seats
    $1000 drive off, $651/mo (tax incl)
    Not sure on the sale price or the MSRP of this car but I believe the cost of the M pkg is the only difference between these cars

I asked for the low drive off but I'm wondering if i can get these payments down at all w/out sacrificing any of the packages that I've chosen. I asked if we had any room to get that payment down and he told me not unless I put more money down. Seems like this is the best deal they are willing to give me. Thoughts? Thanks in advance!
    Hi ahoward2. The money factor that you were quoted looks good. It's right in line with BMW FS' buy rate for this car. However, the selling price looks a little high to me. It looks like it's is nearly $2,000 over invoice, $1,900 or so. In a competitive market like Los Angeles, I personally would want at least another $1,000 knocked off of this car's price if I was in the market for it.

I suppose that part of the problem is that you are in the market for a new car in January. this definitely is not the best month to buy. Manufacturers typically have all sorts of deals in December and dealers blow out cars then to hit annual sales goals. In January everyone seems to take a breather and the deals aren't usually as good.

Car_man
    Host
  • supercelebsuperceleb Member Posts: 5
    Hi, What is the mf and residual for a 2011 328i, 48 month lease in LA? Thanks!
  • ahoward2ahoward2 Member Posts: 5
    Yeah, I'm really regretting not checking out the deals I could have got in December. My current lexus lease ends next month and I didnt want the dealers to add my last two payments into the new lease.

I got another quote from a dealer today on a 328 coupe w/ all the features I previously listed, plus the convenience pkg...
    MSRP of $50,070
    Sales price of $46,000
    I believe its based on 10k/yr
    $1,000 drive off
    $645/mo (tax incl)
    36 months

seems like a pretty decent price to me.

Thoughts? Thanks again!
  • taxidanieltaxidaniel Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2012
    hi carman,

i just got a quote on a 328i convertible in south california.
    quick note on my peculiar situation: foreigner with no credit history just moved in CA and just passed my US driving license.

2012 328i convertible, 12k miles/yr, 36 mo
    Premium package.
    $1500 drive off, $714.69/mo (tax incl)
    MSRP around $51k
    Selling Price around $49k
    MF was .00235 and the residual is 65%

is that a good deal please ?
    the actually nice salesman told me he could not go further, on which point can i negotiate please ?
    thanks a lot!
  • calidriver12calidriver12 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2012
    does anybody know what the numbers would look like for a 24/month, 0 down lease on a base 328i and 335i coupe? Location: Los Angeles, CA
    Hello superceleb. BMW Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 48-month lease of a 2011 328i Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 38%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings taxidaniel. Considering the fact that you don't have any credit history, the money factor that you were quoted isn't that much higher than BMW Financial Services' buy rate of .00195 for this car.

The $2,000 dealer discount that you were quoted is probably about half way between this vehicle's MSRP and dealer invoice price. There's still some room to work with there, but that's not bad.

Car_man
    Host
  • factcheckerfactchecker Member Posts: 2
    CarMan (or anyone else), any info on whether BMW FS (or a dealer) will go inside the 0.00195 money factor / buy rate for a 2011 328xi (assume top tier credit)? I had a dealer casually quote me 0.00185 but he wasn't local and probably sensed I'd be unlikely to buy/lease from him.
    Thanks for the help.
  • bman44bman44 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car Man,

I was thinking about leasing an '11 for 36 months with the 10k miles per year, with 0 down. Not sure of any MSRP but assuming around 40,000-43,000. I live in NJ, what should I expect to pay monthly?

Thanks
  • JennJenn Member Posts: 9
    Hi Carman,

I'm looking to lease a 2012 328i this month, Feb (lease is up on my 5 series).
    I live in the Bay Area and per local dealers these cars should be showing up on their lots
    in a week or two.

Could you please let me know the money factor and residual for the 2012? Alslo, I'm getting offerred $1K off of MSRP. I think I should be able to do better but I wanted to see if there is going to be shortage of the new model? I'm getting told to pre-order with a deposit if I want one.

Thanks for your help.
  • bmwquestion1bmwquestion1 Member Posts: 2
    Hey. I'm in the Bay Area too and would like to do the same. Can you tell me which dealer quoted you $1,000 off MSRP? Thanks.
    Sure, it was Steven's Creek in San Jose.
  • bmwquestion1bmwquestion1 Member Posts: 2
    I got a quote from Monterey BMW in Seaside of $1,000 above invoice on the 2012's. FYI
    Hi factchecker. I've heard that a lot of dealers are stuck with a ton of 2011 3-Series Sedans on their lots, but I really don't see why a dealer would quote you a lower money factor than the one that BMW Financial Services is currently providing (.00195). They would probably just lower the selling price rather than buying down the money factor.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi bman44. Your car's lease payment will depend upon what sort of selling price you are able to negotiate on it. I suspect that dealers will be pretty willing to discount this car given the imminent arrival of the redesigned version. Let's say that you were able to negotiate a $3,000 dealer discount plus the deduction of the $1,500 dealer cash that is available on this car right now.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2012 BMW 328xi that has an MSRP of $43,000 and a selling price of 38,500 through BMW Financial Services right now for 36 months with 10,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $461, assuming that you qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
    I have indeed seen what the lease program will be like on the all-new 3-Series Sedans, Jenn.

BMW Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 328i Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Like with any brand-new or significantly redesigned model, you are likely going to have to wait a few months before dealers are really willing to provide attractive discounts on the new 3 Sedan. Initially the supply of the new 3 may be tight, but it won't be for long.

Car_man
    Host
  • bman44bman44 Member Posts: 4
    Car man
    Thanks for the reply. Now for your calculations -- is it for the 2011 or 2012? I wanted to know the monthly lease for a 2011.
    You're welcome bman44. I see, the 2011 model. OK.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2011 BMW 328xi that has an MSRP of $43,000 and a selling price of 38,500 through BMW Financial Services right now for 36 months with 10,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $461, assuming that you qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
  • gorilla6gorilla6 Member Posts: 5
    Hi Carman,
    I'm considering a 15k/yr, 3 year lease on a 2012 328i sedan with sport and premium packages.
    MSRP is 44,070 and he's quoting me 42,610 for the cap cost.
    Assuming I qualify for the .00195 base rate (and he says the residual is .62), I would be paying $588/month with $1080 due at signing.
    Does this sound reasonable? And I know I'll be going excess miles, but the residuals for an 18k sound worse than paying the .16 per mile prior to lease end.
    Thanks a lot,
    noah
  • lee140lee140 Member Posts: 3
    What is current money factor and residual on 2011 328i sedan?

I'm new to lease and very confused.

I got a deal on 2011 328i sedan with premium package with heated seat. - 36 months, 12k mileage, $3000 down, $410/month (including tax)

Is this a good deal?

He offered me selling price with $32,530.00, but I'm not sure how he came up with monthly payment. Doesn't it have to be lower than $410?
    Hi Car Man,

I received the following in San Jose, CA:

2012 328i
    MSRP: $44,195 (cold weather pkg, tech pkg, Prem pkg, sat radio & $895 dest)
    Selling price: $41,800
    I was told invoice price is: $41,230.00

15,000 miles per year @ .00195 MF and 62% residual. $579 w/tax (my calculation). Dealer agreed to MF.

I don't put anything down, just first payment and fees out the door.

Does this sound like a good deal to you? The car will be here this week.

Thanks,
    Jennifer
  • jubjub Member Posts: 12
    this was our lease deal:
    2011 328xi + navi lease
    msrp ~42800 not sure exactly
    purch price ~38000
    lease 385/mo
    33 months/12k mi
    2500 at closing
  • wco81wco81 Member Posts: 590
    Which dealer in San Jose?

How much were the fees and how much was it out the door?

If it's a 2012 model, is it the old 3-Series or the new one they intro'd early this year?
  • cartimenowcartimenow Member Posts: 3
    Hello,

I would love if someone can give me some insight into this recent deal i was offered on a 2011 BMW 328xi.

$1,700 Total out of pocket (first months payment included)
    $408 Month
    33 Months
    MSRP: $43,335

Is this a good deal or not???
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    In order to tell you if you got a good deal or not, we need some more specifics:

What does that $1700 drive off include?
    What is the selling price of the vehicle?
    What is the acquisition fee?
    How many miles per year are included?
    Is the tax included in your payment?
    What money factor did the dealership charge?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

This discussion has been closed.