Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW 3-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• noahsdadnoahsdad Member Posts: 31
    Car_man, can you tell me the may buy rate for a 36 month 10k/ year lease on the 2012 335is?
    Thanks
  • james9487james9487 Member Posts: 9
    I'm fairly new to this but 5,500 up front is too much on a lease. If something happens to the car, bmw collects insurance, contract is done but you don't get back anything you paid up front; it's weird but your down payment is not considered equity (someone correct me if I'm mistaken). Thus, the less you pay up front the better, unless you're paying security deposits to lower the interest rate; up to 7 (??).

Not sure about the rest, it's obviously less attractive than it was two weeks ago since BMW FS is no longer paying the first two payments. Plus, this has been labelled a "loaner" car, so essentially you're buying a two year old used car with really low miles.
  • novaconllcnovaconllc Member Posts: 2
    I have found over 20, 2011 328xi's still available around my area. Do you know what they end up doing with all these left overs? There are no incentives for May at all for the 2011 models, do you think June would look better?
  • scousejournoscousejourno Member Posts: 2
    Thanks James

That $5,500 includes the tax on the car. Tax being $1,100

I agreed with your view that the downpayment was too much, not to mention the risk of loss. So I asked to lower it by making the tax monthly(=$4,400 down and $389 monthly). This made the payments go up and essentially added an extra $400 to the total cost. Interest on the tax? dealer mark up?

The dealer thinks they have a deal asking me to sign tomorrow(their interpretation not mine). I'm about to tell them make the monthly $325 or I walk

I much prefer the 2012 328i than the outgoing 2011 version anyway, I only considered it looking to get the cheapest deal seeing the specials on the 2011 328xi's that expired
  • roachforliferoachforlife Member Posts: 11
    Can I get the updated Money Factor and Residual Rates for this month

What kind of deals are people getting on these? Looking at a 335i or 335is
    Thanks
  • mntbluemntblue Member Posts: 1
    I'm a bit confused why these numbers are so high.

Around the end of 2011, people are getting deals for a 2011 328xi premium for no money down (around $2000 for tax+license+reg+title) and around $350/month, with BMW paying the first payment.

With 5000 miles already on the car, I would think you should get a much better deal, like no money down and $300/month.
  • m34lnchm34lnch Member Posts: 9
    BUMP!

Car_Man,
    Does BMWFS still do a .00020 rate reduction off their "standard" rates for super FICO of 740+ ?
  • andkasandkas Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car Man

I wanted your opinion on a monthly lease payment I received from a dealer in NJ for a 2012 BMW 328i (4 cylinder). Total MSRP for the car was 41,790 which includes the following packages/options.
    - Technology Package
    - Moonroof
    - Heated Front Seats
    - Black Leathertte
    - Glacier Silver Metallic

I was told the residual was around 60% and the interest rate was around 4.5%. I asked for the capitalized cost twice and more accurate figures for the residual and interest rate but was never given it. (I felt they were trying to avoid giving me those actual numbers)

The final lease payment per month for 36 months 10k miles a year was $495.00 (including fees) with 1827.50 due at signing. The 1827.50 includes the first month payment w/ taxes.

I did not make the purchase - I feel the monthly payment is too high. Please let me know if you think this is a reasonable and a fair deal. Thank you!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Sure noahsdad. BMw Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 335is Coupe with 10,000 miles per year are .00155 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take the $1,000 cash incentive that BMW is currently providing on 3-Series Coupes into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hey novaconllc. BMW still has $1,500 dealer cash and lease support on leftover 2011 3-Series Sedans in May. I don't anticipate BMW's offers getting any more aggressive on its vehicle, but one never knows for certain what automakers will do with their future programs.

Car_man
    Host
  • stevecar1stevecar1 Member Posts: 2
    hey Car_Man,

Does this sound like a good deal to you? 2012 328i convertible MSRP 52,897 comes with leather and Heated Stearing wheel, No NAV. Total out of pocket at signing is 4100. Monthly Payment is $455(tax included) a month.12K a year. Does this sound like a good deal or can i do better?
  • billman1020billman1020 Member Posts: 1
    Car man,

Can you post the June residuals and base rate mf's for the 2012 328i sedan?

Any idea if they are likely to improve in July?

Thanks!
  • jmcbmwjmcbmw Member Posts: 85
    I can tell you from my recent experience with a trusted dealer that they do not offer this MF discount for 740+ FICO, which I have.
    Hi stevecar1. It would be easier to evaluate this deal if you were able to give me this car's selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable. Having this number will enable us to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there is any room left to negotiate. Otherwise taxes and fees cloud the picture somewhat.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi billman1020. BMW Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 328i Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00190 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

BMW's June programs are scheduled to run through July 9th. It's difficult to say what its programs will be like after that. I would think that at some point once the supply ramps up BMW will be forced to increase its support on the 3-Series Sedans, but it's anyone's guess as to exactly when that will happen.

Car_man
    Host
  • kraken_bmwkraken_bmw Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2012
    Hey Car_man,

I have the following offer for a 328i 2012
    36 Month Lease
    MSRP : $35759
    Money Factor : 0.00181
    Residual : 65%
    Money Down: $2500
    Allowed Miles: 10K/yr

==> Monthly lease : $499

Now this is on a car that has been stripped to the bones with nothing on it but the standard stuff. Do you think this is a fair lease?
    Hi kraken_bmw. I'm surprised that you were able to find a stripped 3. Interesting.

The money factor that you were quoted looks good. Do you know what this car's selling price is? The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. The selling price will make it easier to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there is any room left to negotiate.

Car_man
    Host
  • longhorn_bmwlonghorn_bmw Member Posts: 8
    car_man,

First of all, thank you for the help you are giving to so many people before buying their BMWs!

I wanted to ask you for your opinion about these potential lease that I'm looking at:

328i 2012 Melbourne red ($550 more) Sportline with Premium Package, Satellite Radio and BMW Assist

- MSRP $43,445
    - Negotiated Price $41,445
    - 30 month lease
    - 67% Residual
    - Money Factor .0030 or APR of around 7.24% according to my calculations
    - 12k miles allowed with zero down payment yet sales taxes are paid upfront (TX lease)
    - $624 monthly payment.

I just graduated so I requested to be part of BMW's Recent Grad program. It is also important to note that I will be working under a work visa, so I just got my SSN, therefore I got no credit history yet I have a job offer that will give me an monthly income of 9x the potential monthly lease payment. That's the reason I guess of having that moderately low money factor don't you think?

What do you think about it?

Thanks in advance!

longhorn_bmw
  • the_b_manthe_b_man Member Posts: 4
    RE: KRAKEN-- I think you can do better...

Can anyone comment on how much better than think I can do on the following offers-- these were the initial offers from 2 different dealers without me doing any negotiating:

1. 328i 2012Coupe M Sport Package MSRP 42.5k -or - 328i 2012 Sedan Sport Line MSRP 39k

$2500 @ signing
    $500 / monthly

36 mo / 10 k miles

2. 328i 2012 Sedan (base) 37k

$1527 @ signing (includes first month)
    $527 / monthly

**numbers include all tax / tag / title / etc

Let me know what you think...

I'm hoping for about $1000 @ signing / $475 mo x 35 months...
  • jasper7821jasper7821 Member Posts: 5
    This is my first post so I hope it gets in the right place.
    I too want to know if my deal was ok. I just got (yesterday) a 2012 328i Modern Sapphire Black with Oyster leather, premium pkg, NAV, parking.
    Sticker was $46,495.

I traded in my 2006 Z4 that all the dealers around town were only going to give me $16k.
    I paid $900 and no payment for 30 months with 10k miles. If I want to keep it after the lease it's $31k.

I think I did ok, did I ?
    car_man please disregard the previous information, the dealer didn't actually had that car on the system! I would like to ask your opinion about this car deal!

328i 2012 Mineral Grey Sportline with Premium Package, Satellite Radio, Sport Auto Transmission and Heated Front seats

- MSRP $43,795
    - Negotiated Price $41,795 ($1,000 reduction by dealer and $1,000 recent college grad)
    - Discount 4.57%.
    - 30 month lease
    - 65% Residual
    - Money Factor .00245 or APR of around 5.88% according to my calculations
    - 15k miles allowed
    - $1,000 Due at signing
    - $749.66 monthly payment.

I just graduated so I requested to be part of BMW's Recent Grad program. It is also important to note that I will be working under a work visa, so I just got my SSN, therefore I got no credit history yet I have a job offer that will give me an monthly income of several times the potential monthly lease payment.

Thanks in advance car_man!

longhorn_bmw
    car_man please disregard the previous information, the dealer didn't actually had that car on the system! I would like to ask your opinion about this car deal!

328i 2012 Mineral Grey Sportline with Premium Package, Satellite Radio, Sport Auto Transmission and Heated Front seats

- MSRP $43,795
    - Negotiated Price $41,795 ($1,000 reduction by dealer and $1,000 recent college grad)
    - Discount 4.57%.
    - 30 month lease
    - 65% Residual
    - Money Factor .00245 or APR of around 5.88% according to my calculations
    - 15k miles allowed
    - $1,000 Due at signing
    - $749.66 monthly payment.

I just graduated from UT so I requested to be part of BMW's Recent Grad program. It is also important to note that I will be working under a work visa, so I just got my SSN, therefore I got no credit history yet I have a job offer that will give me an monthly income of several times the potential monthly lease payment.

Thanks in advance car_man!

longhorn_bmw
  • kraken_bmwkraken_bmw Member Posts: 4
    wow - that's a sweet offer bro! We've only got one BMW dealership in our city hence it's pretty tough getting a good deal ( or that's what I assume ).
  • jasper7821jasper7821 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks, I think I got a good deal too.
    To clarify, there's only one BMW dealer in town.
    I was looking at some other manufactures also. Jeep, Ford, and Toyota all offered $16k for my Z4
    You're very welcome longhorn_bmw.

The money factor that you were quoted actually isn't that great. The best available factor for this car through BMW FS is currently .00190. Having said that, given your lack of credit history and even the lack of time at your current employer I'm not surprised that you have to pa a somewhat higher factor.

The selling price that you were quoted for this car isn't terrible. It's probably around $1,500 over invoice. That leaves a little room to play with is there is some other dealers in your area that you can comparison shop at though. It probably wouldn't hurt to get another quoted or two to see if any other dealers can beat this money factor and selling price. I wouldn't be surprised if they could.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi again longhorn_bmw :). Well, this money factor is certainly a lot better. It's probably about what I would expect for someone with absolutely no credit history.

Let's take a look at this car's selling price. This car's dealer invoice price is $40,305. So the selling price that you were quoted is still around $1,500 over. As I mentioned previously, this isn't horrible but I think that it can be beaten if you are in an area that has a decent level of competition.

Car_man
    Host
  • oliverroseoliverrose Member Posts: 4
    Hey Car_Man, hoping you can guide me a little. Car is a almost fully-loaded 2012 335ic, has nav, up-graded stereo, convienece pkg, premium pkg. Are these terms good? I need the drive-off to be a $1000 less. Do you think that's reasonable?

Payments 607.21 plus tax
    12K a year
    60,750 MSRP Selling 57,600
    5561.22 down
    36 months
    .00175 money factor
    residual: 63%

Thanks so much,
    Roy
    Hello Roy. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for this car is .00155. That's slightly lower than the factor that you were quoted, so you should look into that.

As far as this car's price goes, there is probably a spread of around $4,500 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. In addition to that spread, there is a $1,000 cash incentive on this car, putting it at $5,500. There's also a grand for loyal customers.

So you're at at least $2,000 over invoice on this car right now, $3,000 over if you're eligible for the loyalty. If you're in an area that has a decent level of competition, I definitely think that you can do better than that. At least $1,000 better, if not more.

Car_man
    Host
  • carolinafreecarolinafree Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2012
    Please comment on the following lease offer that I received:

2012 328i sedan (available about July 20)
    MSRP 40,985 (mertallic paint, premium, heat seats and steering wheel, satellite radio)
    negotiated price 39,485
    lease factor .00230
    3500 down (incl. 1st payment)
    36 mo. lease, 10k miles/yr.
    residual value 65%
    payment $479.56 incl. tax and any other fees

They are giving me 24000 for my 2009 328i sedan which I paid 38,185 (alpine white, premium package, auto, heated seats, and ipod adapter) for in 12/2008 and which has about 20,500 miles. Down payment coming from 24000.

State is NC with nearest competition about 100 miles away.
    I am a repeat retiree buyer at this dealer with 775 to 800 FICO.

Thanks for any help you can give me!
  • dicenskrdicenskr Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone negotiated a good lease deal lately on a 2012 328i convertible?

I'm in the market for a new car, and was looking at hardtop convertibles. Both the 328i and VW Eos came to mind.

So far the best negotiated deal I have for the 328i convertible is the following:

36mos
    12k mi/year
    $0 down
    TT&L paid up front
    (so that means it's $3744.22 to take it off the lot)
    $601.09 monthly payment
    MF 0.0019 (not negotiable)
    Negotiated price approx $52,000
    This leaves me just under $25k for the 36 month lease.
    -has premium package, leather seats, heated seats, keyless entry, satellite radio, BMW apps, and navigation.

Any ideas? Suggestions? Better lease offers?

Thanks in advance!
  • lil2lamlil2lam Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_Man -

I made an impulsive buy yesterday and I need to hear from you if it is a sound buy or not. I have been shopping around for the new 2012 328i in white with black interior and red trimming, but the price was never right. Finally - got a call from the dealership yesterday on the 328i that a customer returned to get a 335i. :) Since I couldnt get the deal I wanted with a brand new 328i, I jumped on the offer of the used vehicle yesterday. Originally I wanted to lease it, but this car was only available to finance. I was impulsive yesterday having found what I wanted so I pulled the trigger and signed the papers. Let me know your thoughts.

Here are the specs:

USED 2012 BMW 328i Sedan
    1,994 Miles on the car
    Sports Line
    Premium Package
    $40,000
    $6k Down
    Interest Rate: 4.5%
    Monthly: $607

And if it makes any difference, the dealership is in California.
    The interest rate is high, but I plan to take the contract to a credit union to see if they will bid on it.

Thanks.
  • luka67luka67 Member Posts: 9
    Hi Car man,
    I'm looking at a 328xi coupe. Yesterday when I ran the numbers with the dealer, they told me that the 1000$ loyalty expired on July 2nd, although Edmunds and other sites mentioned July 9th as the expiration date.
    Do you have any information on this?
    Thank's in advance,
    Luka
    Hi Car man,
    I'm looking at a 328xi coupe. Yesterday when I ran the numbers with the dealer, they told me that the 1000$ loyalty expired on July 2nd, although Edmunds and other sites mentioned July 9th as the expiration date.
    Do you have any information on this?
    Thank's in advance,
    Luka
    Hi lil2lam. A selling price of $40,000 is slightly below dealer invoice for a brand new version of this car right now. That's a pretty decent selling price given the fact that this car has less than 2,000 miles on it.

You're right, if your credit is in good shape, there's a good chance that you could beat this finance rate though.

Thanks for sharing and enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    What you were told is strange, but true Luka. Most of BMW's programs are scheduled to run through through the 9th, but for some reason the loyalty cash only went through the 2nd.

Car_man
    Host
    Any word on the July MF, residuals and incentives for the 2012 328 xi coupe?
    Thank's.
    Thanks, Car_man. Follwoing up. Car is a 2013 335i conv. Is this a good lease?
    Agreed Value: 55,455.00
    a) Gross Capital Cost 56,380.00
    b) Capital Cost Reduction -3,001.06
    c) Adjusted Capital Cost 53,378.94
    d) Residual 36,638.90
    e) Depreciation Charge 16,740.04
    f) Rent Charge 5,347.04
    g) Total of base MP 22,087.08
    h) Lease Term 36
    i) Base MP 613.53
    j) Monthly Tax 44.49
    k) Personal Prop Tax 0.00
    l) Excise Tax 0.00
    m) Other Amounts 0.00
    n) Total MP 662.47
    Itemization of Gross Capital Cost
    Yes luka67. BMW Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 328xi Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are .00145 and 58%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $2,000 dealer cash that BMW is currently providing on this car. There is a $750 loyalty cash incentive on leases of this car as well.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome oliverrose. Do you know this car's full MSRP?

Car_man
    Host
  • patgupatgu Member Posts: 1
    hey car_man what are the incentives out for the 335i and 335ix? before july 9 there was a 1,000$ credit option and now went i look on bmwusa it shows it went up to 2,000$ and is there still a BMW loyalty incentive, if so how much? and what are the base Money factor and residual value of these cars for 36 months 10k miles a year?
    The msrp is $59,095. Thanks so much, Car_Man. You're the best.
  • ankurchopra87ankurchopra87 Member Posts: 22
    Hey car_man,

I heard that the 2013 lease numbers are available now. Do you have them ?

I have a 2013 335i on order and want the lease numbers for a 36 month 15K miles lease.
    Thank's Car man.
    There is also a $1000 Drive for team USA incentive (you have to apply at BMW NA), as well as a $300 coupon for downloading the Ultimate drive App for the iPhone.
    A $4050 possible combined incentives for a $50,000 328 xi coupe brings the monthly lease rate to mid $400's if you also apply multiple security deposits to decrease your MF.
  • drclevdrclev Member Posts: 1
    Is this a good lease?
    Agreed value: $61,745
    MSRP: $64,270
    Residual 57%=$36,634
    License: $491
    Acq. fee: $925
    Gross Cap cost:$62,670
    Adj. Cap cost: $62569
    Rent charge: 6,607
    Term: 36 mnths
    Miles: 15,000 per year
    MP: $903.95+70.06 tax=$974.01
    Patgu, there is not any dealer cash on 2012 3-Series Sedans, there is $2,000 only on the Coupes and Convertibles.

The $750 loyalty cash is available on all 3-Series models.

Are you interested in the Coupe, Convertible or Sedan 335i?

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome oliverrose. OK, so you're essentially being given a $3,600 dealer discount on this car. That's probably equivalent to around $1,000 over invoice, which isn't bad for a '13 3 Convertible.

Car_man
    Host
    Yes they are ankurchopra87. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 335i Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00145 and 59%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem luka67. You're certainly on top of the cash incentives. Good stuff.

Car_man
    Host
  • persimmionpersimmion Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    Car Man ~ Please review details of the lease offer below and kindly advise:

2012 BMW 328i - Premium Package
    Retail - $55,454
    Savings - $4,000 (taxes: $2,000 - Rebate $750)
    Selling price - $51,454
    Fees - $380.39 (Doc fee, electronic filing, registration & tile)
    Sales tax - $10.18
    Down payment - $2,500
    36 MO/ 15K
    Monthly Payment - $670.00

I'm turning in a leased 2009, 128i
    Trade allowance - $51,500.00
    Trade Payoff - $53,221.13
    Net sales price - $53, 565.70

Local dealership - has the car on the lot = no transfer fee
This discussion has been closed.