Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW 3-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• cestuscestus Member Posts: 6
    Hi Car_man,

Can you kindly provide the money factor and residual values for a 36 month/15k lease for both 328i xDrive and 335i xDrive models (M sport line)?

Do the money factor/residuals differ depending on the line (luxury vs sport vs modern vs M sport)? Or, do they only depend upon whether it's a 328i or 335i model?

Thanks so much in advance.
  • l3gendaryl3gendary Member Posts: 9
    The selling price seems okay, can be lowered a few hundred of course

November residual at 15k is actually 57% not 55%, make sure you get your ca to update that

also, if you qualify for tier 1 credit, the base money factor is 1.3, not 1.45

That should save you ALOT in your payment already

Take it this way, I'm leasing a 2013 328i too, with more options than you (tech pkg, lighting pkg, sport line) with a MSRP of $45k, but my monthly payment is $450/month with taxes with $1200 due at signing, so I know you can do much better
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,945
    Thanks, that's what I had thought. My dealer ran around some bs answer that every 5k barely shaves off $20 which sounded whack to me.

Hell, I would have taken him up on that! "Oh, so we'll just add back in that $4k cap cost reduction and you raise my payments about $17. Deal?" ;)

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• big_slickbig_slick Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_Man,

Do you have the latest money factor (Tier 1) and residual % for an X3 2.0 with 15K annually?

Thanks in advance!
  • gizmo29gizmo29 Member Posts: 12
    Wow, do I feel cheated. 57% sounds more legitimate.

And $450 a month with 1200 due at signing that's amazing. Are you leasing in California as well??
    Is the november residual 57% for a 36 mos lease because the lease I'm looking at is 39 mos which is prob why they rated it at 55%
    Calculating your info roughly, this deal would normally cost $636.37 a month so I would say that $572 is pretty good!
  • monacodkmonacodk Member Posts: 11
    l3gendary -

Could you please post the specifics of the lease deal you are currently negotiating (i.e. term, mileage, etc)? Looks like you are getting a good deal and I'd like to use it as a model in my negotiating.

Also, does anyone know if I can stack recent college grad (MBA two months ago) $1,000 cash incentive on top of holiday cash?
    We are both doing 39 month
    I'm at 59% residual for 12k miles
    2% difference between 12k and 15k
    so you should be at 57%
    I was able to stack recent grad and holiday cash together
    I think there is a $750 cash loyalty incentive too that can stack with those

I would recommend going through bmwconfig.com and pricing out invoice pricing for the vehicle of choice, and go to multiple dealers asking for their best price relative to invoice. It takes some effort but once you get down the price, just punch in numbers and done! You look like you have almost $3k in incentives, so your price will be $3k under invoice, so you can't get a bad idea. Just get as close to invoice as possible

I'll be more than happy to look at your lease deals and rate them for you
    Wow yeah if you're at 59% then you're right I should be at 57%. Well let me make a general warning to all buyers, beware of BOB SMITH BMW in Calabasas, CA they're crooks. Cheated my residual to a lower number, inflated my bank fee by $200 and on top of that they tried to charge me 12% tax on my down payment when it should be the county 8.75%

On top of all this crap, they told me I cannot discount the 1k holiday cash from the sell price, they said it only was good as a reduction on drive off.

STAY AWAY FROM BOB SMITH....THEY ARE CROOKS.
    Do I need to be a previous BMW customer to qualify for the loyalty cash?

I've gotten two money factors this afternoon from two different dealers for top tier credit, 0.0017 and 0.00175. What is the REAL number I should be shooting for?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey jprads. There is indeed a $1,000 cash incentive on the 2013 3-Series Sedan this month.

BMW Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 328xi Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00130 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi okjohnho. BMW Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 335i Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00130 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '13 328i Sedan are .00130 and 60%.

There is a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of these cars through BMW FS.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello cestus. BMW Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 328i xDrive Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00130 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2013 335i xDrive Sedan are .00130 and 58%.

There is a $1,000 cash incentive available on leases of these cars.

The options packages that these cars have do not impact their lease programs.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi big_slick. I just posted this information over in the X3 lease questions discussion. Please check there. Thanks.

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f22cc53/916#MSG916

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car man, can you please verify what the november residuals are on 39mos lease with 15k miles for a 2013 328i.

Thanks
  • cestuscestus Member Posts: 6
    Thank you for the info!
    Hi gizmo29. BMW Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of 2013 328i Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00130 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Any time cestus. Take care.

Car_man
    Host
  • csnyder335icsnyder335i Member Posts: 50
    Hey Car_man,

Picking my 2013 335i Sedan up tomorrow and my CA is telling current money factor is .00130 and 12k residual is 60%. Above you stated 15k was 60% which would make the 12k 62%. Can you confirm the numbers I was given.

Thanks!
    Just curious how much off MSRP or compared to invoice recent lessees have been getting on their 328i leases?

Should I expect more for a brand new 2012 model? If the MSRP is $43,645, where should I expect to be for a 2012?
  • juliogjuliog Member Posts: 1
    Hey Car_Man

Can you please verify what the November residuals are on 36 month lease 15k miles for a 2013 328i xDrive M Sport in NJ
  • boss1099boss1099 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    Whats up guys:

Just finished up negotiating a 2013 328xi.

12,000mi/39mo
    Cold weather
    Luxury Line
    Lighting Package
    Premium Package
    Navigation

MSRP: $48,595

$525 month/ $2750 out of pocket. I feel I could have done better.

How does this deal look?

I can't seem to find residuals/MF for a 39 month lease if anyone knows
  • rthakur11rthakur11 Member Posts: 2
    Hi car_man

Let me start off by thanking you for your greatly informative posts.
    I am evaluating some 328i xdrive lease offers. What do you think of below?

Msrp $47,695 (luxury + premium + tech)
    Sale Price $44,082
    Money factor .00130 (before MSDs)
    Residual 60%
    10k miles/year 39 months
    0 cap cost reduction
    7 MSDs
    $459/month

$299 doc fee
    $304.50 Motor Vehicle
    $6.00 tire tax
    $725 Bank Fee
    So total due at signoff = $1793.5 (incl first month payment) + $3500 (7 MSDs)

Per edmunds, the invoice is 43865 so I think I am doing ok on the selling price. And the mf and residual appear in line with what you posted earlier.
    Regards
  • rthakur11rthakur11 Member Posts: 2
    Forgot to say that the monthly above includes taxes
  • warbernwarbern Member Posts: 73
    Hi Car_Man:

Could you please tell me what the November MF and Residual are for a 24 month lease on a 2013 328i or 335i sedan. I would love to also know the difference between 10k and 12k miles on a lease. Also, do you feel it's better to wait until December for more incentives to pop up? Thanks so much for all your help!
    Hi Car_Man:

I noticed that people are posting some great offers here. Cars that are valued at high 40's MSRP and getting monthly's in the high 400's with very little down. So my question is does your location make a huge difference in how much you are going to pay on a typical 328 lease?

I just picked up my 328i after weeks of dealing with bate and switch tactics with local dealers.
    My deal came out to the following and I felt like it was pretty good considering the other quotes I had been getting from Los Angeles based dealers.

BMW 328i 2013
    Sport Line
    Glacier silver exterior / black leatherette interior
    moonroof
    parking assist
    steptronic auto transmission
    power front seats

MSRP 41,9995
    Sell Price 38,261.00
    39 mos lease @ 15k per year

Monthly : $405
    Originally quoted $3400 due at signing but had to put down another 1k because BMW financial wanted 10% to approve my credit since I'm a first time buyer.

Do you think I got taken for a ride here? I felt like this was the best deal I had seen, most dealers in my area are very unwilling to negotiate all that low.

-Gizmo
    What are everyone's thoughts, my car has Run flat tires and pretty big rims that are low to contact. Is it worth taking BMW wheel and tire protection....they said they can sell it to me for 1k bottom line?

Gizmo
    Hey buddy don't do it. Wheel and tire insurance is what it is: insurance. I'd rather roll the dice than give money to basically dealer profit, from my experience in lease returns they are lenient on tire and wheel scratches and dings
    Post your breakdown of the fees residuals and mf
    How is your credit? If its good, I don't believe in having to put down 10% just because you are a new buyer. Also before you pull the trigger, check out pacific BMW of Glendale. Go to their website/call and talk to an internet sales manager. See if they can beat ur deal.
    Yeah that seems to be the consensus. I'm gonna tell em no thanks.
    In your experience what is the procedure when returning a lease in terms of wear and tear on the car itself as well as if the tires are low on tread? Will I have to fix every scuff on the car's paint as well as get 4 new tires before taking it back? I've heard that BMW is notorious for insane charges on lease returns....

Thanks l3gendary!
  • first_timer2first_timer2 Member Posts: 5
    Considering leasing instead of buying for the first time. Looking at a 2013 x3 2.8. Any details available on money factor & residual value would be welcome!
    What are people's thoughts for tires down the line on run flat 18' with somewhat low profile.

Hanook, Kumho, Michelin, Continental ?

They all seem to range between 140-220 per tire. Is there a huge difference...
  • cgleecglee Member Posts: 1
    rthakur11,

Question for you: Is the sale price you're quoting here, including the $1,000 BMW Holiday manufacturer incentive? I'm in a similar price range on the MSRP of a lease I'm trying to negotiate. I was wondering if you managed to talk them down more than $3,000 without the incentive factored in? That's my goal, but I'm not sure if it's realistic. I'm assuming this price you were quoted includes $1,000 off of what you negotiated them down to off the MSRP. Thanks.
    Certainly juliog. Audi Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 328i xDrive Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00130 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks and you're welcome rthakur11.

Let's take a look at this deal. The money factor that you were quoted is right on the money. So is the acquisition fee. The dealer invoice price of the car that you are interested in is $43,865. If we subtract the available $1,000 holiday cash from that it drops to $42,865. That puts you at around $1,200 or so over invoice. That's not bad, but if you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, I wouldn't be surprised if you were able to shave a couple hundred dollars off of that by shopping around. I suppose it depends upon how much time you have.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for warbern. BMW Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 328i Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00130 and 66% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 335i Sedan are .00130 and 66%...interesting, they're the same.

The residual values for leases with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

BMW's current programs are scheduled to run through the end of the year, however it is possible that it will make an unscheduled enhancement to it's December programs. Only time will tell, but BMW is locked in a heated battle with Mercedes-Benz for the U.S. sales title so anything is possible.

Car_man
    Host
    edited November 2012
    Hi Gizmo. The answer to your question is no...and yes. While I believe that BMW's programs are technically national and do not usually vary by region meaning that the same lease program and cash incentives should be available everywhere, the competition amongst dealers is much stiffer in certain parts of the country. As a result, you will often see consumers in major metropolitan areas like Los Angeles or New York getting better deals than consumers in less populated areas.

BMW wouldn't require anyone to put another 10% down on a lease to approve them. They might however not approve you at the lowest possible money factor so the dealer would need more money down from you to achieve the same monthly payment. Consumers can and should lease any vehicle they want without making any sort of capitalized cost reduction.

Having said all of this, the selling price that you were quoted for this car isn't terrible.

Car_man
    Host
  • sk17sk17 Member Posts: 2
    I know this was asked before but Im looking for current information. I am going to lease a 2013 328i xdrive at the end of November or early December in NJ. I am trying to find the money factor and residual for 36 month lease with 12K miles/year. Anyone sign a recent lease? Thanks for your help.
    SK
  • bubulikbubulik Member Posts: 16
    Hi Car_Man,

I'm looking to know the buy rate lease money factor & residual value for a 2012 and 2013 335i Sedan (Sport line) for both a 24 month & 36 month lease at 15k miles/yr. I live in the Seattle area.

Appreciate the information.
  • hugene1hugene1 Member Posts: 5
    Hi Car_Man,

I am getting a lease from BMW for a 335i xDrive (Sport Line)
    MSRP 56595
    Sale Price 53500
    Term 39 months
    Down $5500
    Cap Reduction $4200
    Rate/Money Factor 1.44
    Miles 12K/year
    Residual 59%
    Monthly Payment 560 (including tax)

Is this a decent deal to move ahead with? Thanks for your help.
  • bubulikbubulik Member Posts: 16
    Hi Car_Man,

Here is an offer that I am getting on this car in the Seattle area.

2012 335i sedan, sports trim, tech package, premium package, prem sound

2 yrs, 15k/yr

MSRP - $52,595
    Selling price - $49,200
    Residual - 63%
    MF - 155

No holiday credit being offered on this car (guess, its for 2013 models only)

Your thoughts on these terms?

Much thanks.
  • northwesttnorthwestt Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone have any insight whether it's better to apply for BMW financing at the dealer or through the bmwusa.com site. I would prefer to spend as little time at the dealer as possible and my hope is that going in with financing in hand will help.

In the past I've always used a blank check from my bank, but I'm thinking about leasing this time.

Thanks in advance
  • lindawalindawa Member Posts: 23
    My lease is going to be up in march and i am looking to lease a 2013 328i sedan. I got an email from my dealer stating they would waive up to 3 payment on lease ending if you have a 2010 bmw. I found the following offer from bmw in southern california and i was wondering if it was a good special offer.

2013 328i sedan premium package
    $339 month for 39 months
    $1,000 holiday credit
    $750 loyalty credit

$339 first payment
    $2,750 down payment
    $725 acquisition fee
    $3,814 due at signing

The ad says MSRP $40,495
    lease end $24,297

I hate to give my current 2010 bmw 328i back as it only has 9,600 miles on it. I don't drive that much....

If you could let me know if this is a good deal i would appreciate. I really don't want to pay more than $1,000 at signing.

Thanks
  • jddssc121jddssc121 Member Posts: 151
    Hi car_man

I negoiated a deal in Nov, and the car is just now finally on a truck to the dealer, so i will basing my lease on December rates. Can you confirm for me if the Nov rates held or if there are any changes for Deceomber? Is it still 58% and .00130 for a 36 month/15K lease on a 2013 335 xDrive? Also, is holiday cash still @ $1K, or did it go up:)?

thank you!
  • rswilson16rswilson16 Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2012
    Have been quoted $2500 due at signing, $499.00 per month on a 2013 328i Sport Line with leather, heated seats, nav, and BMW apps. Is this a good deal?
  • miacarguymiacarguy Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    okay...first time posting..but I always come to this site to see what everyone is paying so I figured I would return the favor...

got a 2013 BMW 328i sedan,mineral grey metallic,...12k miles a year, for 36 months.
    msrp was $46,045..
    options are...premium package $3100, xenon headlights $900, technology package $3100,heated seats $500, and dark burl walnut wood trim $500

my out of pocket was $972...this included taxes, first payment,and tag...originally it was $1272, but if you download a bmw app and take a test drive BMW gives money towards your first payment :)

after the 1000$ holiday credit, a 750$ loyalty cash, the final agreed upon price was $43,793...the dealer claims that they were only making $500 on this deal.

my monthly payment which includes taxes is $555.23

I feel like it was a fair deal ...what do you guys think?

forgot to mention that they are also paying the last 3 payments on my last lease!
  • jasper7821jasper7821 Member Posts: 5
    My lease was close to the same as the last post.
    7 months ago I got my 2012 328, Mark was 46,545. Traded in my 2007 Z4 for 17,000 so I had a 17,000 credit.
    I paid $900 and have no lease payments for 30 months and 10k yr miles.

Last week we bought a 2013 X5 Xdrive Mark was $52,245.
    Traded in a Honda Pilot that every other dealer was at around 26k on trade. BMW gave $28,000 and payoff was just over $30k.
    Got 39 month lease with 12k miles with payment of $670 a month.
    Put down put down $3,500, hope that was a good deal considering we just went to the dealer with a friend so he could look at cars and my fiance ended up getting the X5 in the showroom.
  • jasper7821jasper7821 Member Posts: 5
    Sorry, meant Msrp, just noticed my phone pit it as Mark.
This discussion has been closed.