Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW 3-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• veloman62veloman62 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you. Scored a awesome deal on that 335is. MSRP 60095. Adjusted cap cost through negotiations and factory incentives 54324. 36/10k a yr MF .0013 residual 65% tax 7% payment 583 zero down fees upfront
  • jasonmdbmwjasonmdbmw Member Posts: 117
    Carman,

The turn-key program is for BMW customers whose lease is within 30+/- days of the return date AND finances a new BMW with BMWFS, is eligible to receive a 1st payment credit up to $500 towards their new BMW.
  • rccbrandonrccbrandon Member Posts: 7
    I'm not necessarily interested in a BMW, but am curious about something you said that I'm trying to figure out. If a particular vehicle has cash incentives to lease, does that mean that those insentives should be deducted after the price of the car has been negotiated?
  • paperboycccpaperboyccc Member Posts: 93
    No. You should include them in your negotiations. Dealers competitive markets might be looking to make $1000 profit on a car. If you know the invoice amount, holdback and incentives you can figure out the dealers true cost to make a competitive offer and stick to it.

The exceptions are manufacturer discounts that are special to you. If you have a unique $750 coupon from BMW then you can take that off after all negotiations.
  • cliffpozcliffpoz Member Posts: 71
    What is money factor and residual on 328xi sedan, 10k miles and 36 months.

Thanks
  • jwallsjwalls Member Posts: 30
    My girlfriend would like to lease this car.....

2013 328i Black Sapphire Metallic, cold weather package (ZCW), premium package (ZPP), BMW Assist (6NL).

MSRP 42,645...dealer offer $38,350
    36 month lease with .00130 LMF....we will put down $5000 which will leave a balance of $26,866 at the end of the lease.....Dealer said the residual value is 63%

Any information would be greatly appreciated...if you need more info hopefully I can provide it

The $5,000 down was from a trade in and cash (50/50) in an attempt to get her payments as close to $300 a month as possible. They were able to get it to $347 but no lower. Another person suggested MSD's ?
  • johnj56johnj56 Member Posts: 55
    I would never leave money down on a lease to get lower payments. Hang onto cash and put toward payments. Car totaled or stolen say goodbye to that down payment.
  • runofkingsrunofkings Member Posts: 9
    Thanks CAR MAN for your help!

One additional question:

My dealer is saying that the residual is 63% for a 36 month / 10k miles per year lease on a 2013 328i sedan. Based on your comments here, I thought you said that the residual can be as high as 65% for that combo. RidewithG is reporting 60% for the sedan in February (to which I assume I add +2% for the 10k lease). Can you please confirm?

Thank you!
  • ranjohnranjohn Member Posts: 17
    Hi Car Man:

Looking at a white 328x, COLD + premium + Distance Control (option only). msrp 44,545. What would be the approximated monthly payment with top credit tier, 36/12K, 0 down (March or April)?

Also, same situation, but with an additional 2100 (Nav) option, how much is my payment gonna go up?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    I'm glad that everything worked out well for you, veloman62. Thanks for the update.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Thanks for the info, jasonmdbmw. I didn't know about the whole within 30 days part, but I guess most people who are in the market for a new car are within a month or so of lease-end anyhow.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi cliffpoz. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 328xi Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00130 and 63% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

There is a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome runofkings. The residual value for a 36-month, 15,000 mile per year lease of a 2013 328i Sedan is 60%. Add 3% to that for a lease with 10,000 miles per year.

There's a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ranjohn. Let's see if we can work up an approximate payment on this car for you. It looks like it has a spread of around $3,500 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. Add to that the $1,000 cash incentive and you have a total of around $4,500 to play with in your negotiations. Let's say that you are able to negotiate a $3,500 discount on this car and see what sort of payment that generates.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2013 328i xDrive Sedan that has an MSRP of $44,545 and a selling price of 41,045 through BMW FS right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $462.

Increasing the MSRP to 46,645, but keeping the discount and lease program constant would raise the payment to around $489.

Car_man
    Host
  • nydennis40nydennis40 Member Posts: 5
    I have to get the exact numbers but I was recently quoted on a 328xi
    Mineral blue
    Harmon Karden
    Technology Package
    Driver's assist package
    Premium
    Lighting package
    Cold weather package

about 3300 down which includes first month payment, NYS taxes, fees, etc
    3 year lease 10k per year 488.00 month.

I haven't done any negotiation yet so maybe I can get it a little cheaper. I didn't ask for any of the numbers yet on the price and such.
  • startfromzerostartfromzero Member Posts: 2
    nydennis40, can you please share the details of the lease quoted. I am looking for buy the same car with same options.
    That is all the details I have at the moment. I did this through Email. As soon as I get the info I'll shoot it your way :-)
  • treatrea Member Posts: 2
    Car_man - What are the March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2013 335i Sedan with 12,000 (and 15,000) miles per year?

Is BMW offering lease incentives for this car during March?
    Hi trea. BMW Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 335i Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00130 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

BMW is now providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of 3-Series Sedans. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating the capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • grokgrok Member Posts: 10
    The Pre Jan 2013 328i BMW MSRP is $350 less than the Post Jan 2013 328i BMW MSRP. Since BMW changed and sets MSRP for this year car, which figure is correct to use when calculating the lease cost? It is advantageous for the customer to use the new higher MSRP rather than the old sticker MSRP and since it is being leased in March 2013, rather than in 2012,can the new MSRP be considered correct?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,084
    You'll have to use the MSRP on the sticker that's on the specific car you are leasing...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• hutcherhutcher Member Posts: 2
    I am coming out of a lease on a 2010 328 convertible and am looking to lease a 2013 335is convertible. Dealer found one with almost everything I want (it has black interior which isn't my first choice) -- MSRP $68,895. He told me payment would be $659/month for 36 months w/ 10,000 miles/yr with $1,349.69 due at signing.

Having educated myself on this forum (thank you!) I asked about money factor, residual and what price he was using. The answer is $5,250 off of MSRP after rebates (which puts purchase price at $63,745), 65% residual and .00130 (which he says is about 2.9%). KBB says dealer invoice is $63,405. So the purchase price would be $340 over invoice. KBB also says $63,469 is the "fair purchase price."

Am I missing anything? Seems like a good deal to me. But since I haven't negotiated at all (other than insisting that the information be provided to me via email instead of me going to sit down with him), I want to make sure I am not missing anything.

Thanks so much in advance for your help!
  • ranjohnranjohn Member Posts: 17
    Hi Car Man:

Just want to make sure that I got this right. So when you are calculating the residual value, you would use the % * the MSRP ; however, when calculating the depreciation fee (the amount that will be used during the lease term), you are actually using the Negotiated price (instead of the MSRP) - residual and then divided by the # of months, am I right?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,084
    That is correct...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• nicecar3nicecar3 Member Posts: 1
    Hello all,
    I am wondering what is the ballpark for a lease a 2013 328i in 24 months with driver assistance package option and premium package installed
  • wildcat005wildcat005 Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2013
    I'd like to lease a 335i 4-door sedan this month.

The car I'm interested in features:
    - Cold weather package
    - Driver assistance package
    - Premium package
    - Technology package

The MSRP is $53,770 and the dealer's suggested price is $54,120. I’d like to do a 10,000 mile lease with $0 down. I have great credit. Any idea what the residual value, money factor or monthly payment would be?

If I decided to go with the Sport Line instead, will the residual value and money factor change much?

Any additional insight is appreciated!

Thanks for your help in advance!
  • punjimanpunjiman Member Posts: 4
    Wow that seems like a good MSRP. I'm looking at the same car, in NJ, with a MSRP of 57.
    I'm getting 0.0013, and 68% residual on 24 mths/12K miles.
    Did you negotiate that MSRP?
    Hi punjiman,

I haven't negotiated anything yet. The MSRP is from the Vehicle Inquiry Report that our salesman ran. We're shopping right outside of DC...not sure if that changes anything.
    Hi wildcat,

I think the numbers i'm getting are good, if you try for that (the money factor and residual), but you are getting a very good msrp I think.
    do you mind sharing the dealer name, maybe i'll take my business there.
    dealer names are allowed to be shared here, just not salespeople.
    im getting those lease numbers from parkave bmw in nj.
  • jaytee1220jaytee1220 Member Posts: 20
    The current selling price for a 2013 328i xdrive is at around the invoice price according to kbb.com and truecar.com. Do these selling prices on these sites include the $1000 incentive, or is the incentive in addition to the estimated selling price?
  • jar08550jar08550 Member Posts: 1
    I'm sorry to be so basic as I am new to leasing and new to BMW. Double Wammy at once.
    Today I looked at this vehicle 2013--328xi in Glacier Silver . Modern Line, Cold weather, Premium, Tech Package and a dest charge added of 895 for a Total Suggested Retail price of 49,545
    I was quoted $499 for 10k mi nothing down other than "fees". Of course I don't know what those fees are yet...but can anyone tell me if this price makes sense or better yet what I should be paying for a lease on this vehicle? I have great credit.
    Also would appreciate any other ideas/suggestions you may have for me--1st time buyer of a bmw 3 series. THANK YOU. This dealership is in NJ
  • invaiderinvaider Member Posts: 1
    Got the following deal after negotiating with my dealer in Little Rock, AR:
    Specs on the 2013 335is-Mineral white metallic, black dakota leather interior, dark glacier aluminum trim, premium sound package, 7 speed double clutch transmission, carbon fiber rear deck spoiler, star spoke 199 black wheel and tyre set.

Selling price after all discounts: $57,747 (MSRP spec'd out as above on the BMW website is: $62,049)
    Residual: 64%
    Money factor: 0.0015 (dealer not willing to go below, even though I mentioned the current rate of 0.0013)

Any thoughts would be most welcome as I am yet to commit.

Thanks a bunch..
  • kalexpkalexp Member Posts: 5
    All -
    I'm trying to lease a 2013 328i, Sport Package, Premium Package, heated seats and back-up camera, in Dallas, TX (msrp $44,995). After reading previous posts, I was expecting to be quoted a lease money rate of .0013 and have a payment of around $550 (3 yrs, 15K miles)...however, after being in contact with 3 dealers (including 1 in Austin, TX) I have quoted .0017 by all of them, and this is for top tier credit. I've got one down to .0015, but I feel like I should be able to do better and get a payment well south of $600.

Any thoughts are appreciated.
    Hi Kalexp,
    I agree with you, that sounds very high for an MSRP of 45K.
    Friend has 2011 328i, MSRP was 42K, 24mths/12K, not tier 1 credit, payments are 432/mth, zero down other then the usual stuff (BF, taxes, plates registration blah blah)...in NYC area.
  • grokgrok Member Posts: 10
    .0013 is the base rate, but all dealers mark this up if they can. It is simply another point of negotiation. Make this a deal breaker and you must find a dealer who understands that you know the rate and must agree. I searched the internet and went to another state( but only 2 hrs away). This week end bought a 328i sedan MSRP $47034 selling price $44050 - incentive and loyalty of 1750= net cap $42,300 (I paid document fee and acquisition fee and first month up front) with money factor .0013 and 62% residual(12000 miles/year) base payment is $461.62 per month & sales tax is 40.39 per month(total$ 502.01 per month w tax). I think in Texas you have to pay sales tax up front. Try Louisiana( call Walker in Alexandria, though I did not buy from them it was only because they did not have or find the vehicle I wanted ,ask for Alecia ).
    Hi Car_Man

I read some of your recent posts re: the March BMW rates; however, I couldn't find what the residual value would be for a 10,000 miles per year lease. Any insight is appreciated!
  • kromixkromix Member Posts: 17
    '13 F30 328i
    Jet Black + Black Leatherette + Lightning Package
    MSRP: $38,645
    Negotiated Price: $36,645 (500 over invoice)
    36 Months
    10,000 mi/year
    .00130 MF

Incentives:
    $500 USAA
    $750 Loyalty
    $1000 3 Series Sedan Incentive

Base Payment: $387.85
    Total Payment $415.00 (Tax included @ 7% FL)

Total Due @ Signing: $653.76 for Registration etc all fees includes the 1st month payment.

Review?

Also thinking of doing the Multiple Security Deposits which he told me would be $2,800 total for all 7 and would drop the payments from $415.00 tax included to $389.74 tax included...
  • darbebodarbebo Member Posts: 14
    Hello,

Been lurking here for the past month or so. New to leasing , New to BMW, Plz help.

I kinda know what I need to know for leasing, but have some questions:

1. I sent an email quote and was quoted a 1.3 money factor, which translate to a 3.12% interest rate. From what i read, this is the "base rate". My question is - is this the lowest that BMW can go? The reason is, i see ads that'll say 0% interest/apr or 1.99% interest (granted they are for purchases), but does it matter?

2. Bottomline - > if the dealer quotes me 1.3 money factor, i'm getting the best deal for the MF right?

3. I am looking at a dealer's website's inventory and they have 328i with SULEV and some with no SULEV after its name, from what I can find, SULEV is worse engine right? btw I live in S. California

4. Here's the main question: I am looking for a BASE model 328i 4dr no options no packages no accessories, no moon roof no nav, no nothing. Lease for 24 months (i know 36 is better, but leave that for a moment) and 0 down.

Per Edmunds' invoice price, it should be 33,900 (MSRP 36850). correct me if i'm wrong.

I emailed for a quote and they came back with one, but they gave me one that has sunroof in it. That doesn't matter right now, what I want to know is, how to understand its breakdown. If car_guy or others can give me some advice that will be AWESOME!

Here's the breakdown and questions underlined:

Term 24 Months
    Mileage 10,000/year
    Money Factor 1.3 (Is this the best rate i can get?)
    Residual Factor 69% Is this the best i can get?
    Base $36850
    Moonroof and Destination $1050 +895
    MSRP $38795
    Selling Price $36,310.00
    Bank Fee $925.00 WHAT IS THIS BANK FEE??

Total Capitalized Cost $37,235.00
    Residual Value $26,768.55
    Total Depreciation $10,473.79 Is the math fishy here..$37325-$26768.55+$7.34
    Capital Reduction ($7.34) What is this? Is this a credit or a debit for me? help or hurt?
    Monthly Depreciation $436.41
    Monthly Rent $83.21 (math works out)

Monthly Payment $519.62
    Tax (8%) $41.57

Monthly Payment + Tax $561.19
    Capital Reduction ($7.34) What is this again? does it hurt me or help me? where's it from?
    Cap Reduction Tax (8%) $6.40 What is this? never hurt of it. Help or hurt me?
    License & Registration $359.75 Is this fair?
    Documentation Fee $80.00 Is this fair? Is this negotiable/waivable?
    First Payment $561.19
    Security Deposit $0.00

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
  • paperboycccpaperboyccc Member Posts: 93
    You are on the right track. Thank you for posting in so much detail as it makes it easier to help you. You can see that the poster right above is paying $415/mo with $653.76 due at signing compared to your $561/mo with over $1000 due at signing. It appears that your money factor and residual are accurate. I don't know about the license and registration since you didn't mention the state. You are way overpaying for the car. Your selling price is $36,310 while the poster above you only paid $34,395 (though he may have had some incentives that you are not eligible for). The bank fee is an acquisition that is standard on all leases.
    Hello,

Thank you for your feedback so far. I live in S.california.

So hopefully someone can point out what this "Capital Reduction ($7.34)" is and if it hurts and help me.

So at this point if i were to negotiate, what exactly should i call the dealer out on? like should i say hey, everything's good, but we need to negotiate further down on the selling price?

where's the fighting ground? What should i be demanding?

THanks!
    edited March 2013
    Ok, here's what i got for a quote for bmw 328i 4dr NO options (no moonroof/nav at all) quote from dealer, i need help ASAP!!!

MSRP 37745Trucar Invoice: 35395, Edmunds' TMV invoice: $34795 ($33000+$895 destination)
    Selling price 35405 (i strongly believe including destination already)
    Customer leasing incentive $1000 (No USAA or loyalty bonus)
    Net Cap: $34405 (math:$35405-$1000)
    24month lease with 12k/year
    0 Down, 0 security deposit
    MF @ 1.3
    Residual % @ 68%
    Residual Value: $25666.6 (Math:$37745 * 0.68)
    Depreciation: $8738.4 (Math: 34405-25666.6)
    Monthly Depreciation Charge: $364.1 (Math: 8738.4/24)
    Monthly Rent/Finance charge: $78.09 =>Math: (34405+25666.6)*0.0013
    Monthly payment (exclude tax of course) = $442.19 (math: 364.1+78.09)

Total fees due @ signing:
    First month payment: 442.19 + Tax
    License and regis: 327
    Doc fee 80
    Bank fee 725
    Capital Reduction tax: $144 approx
    Qusetion: if my tax rate is 9% and it's based off of the $1000 customer incentive, how come the tax is so high?
    TOTAL: 1718.19 +1st month payment's tax

So all in all, assuming Truecar's invoice is correct, at 35395, selling price (after $1000 deduc) is $34405, and MSRP @ $37745, that's a bit over 8.5% less than MSRP (Math: 37745*0.915) and roughly 1k below invoice!

Then HERE is where I need your help: is this good?

Please only compare this with other 24 month leases! THANK YOU
    edited March 2013
    Why are you doing 24 months? It seems like alot, look at my post above.

Seems like alot compared to my deal even without the Incentives I had....

With no options your MSRP is 37,745. Invoice is 35,325 with all fees included.

I strongly suggest you get the lightning package as bare minimum for $900, it's a world of difference and the only must-have option IMO.
    Ur right in that 36 is bettre. But my personal situation calls for 24 due to having a baby soon n would need to get out in 24.

And I didnt shoot for any options is cuz I want to reduce any additional expenses. Even that 900is a lot.

So can u gus please re evaluate based on my current deal?

Am I right to think that I really got 8.5% beloe msrp??

Thx
    I just leased a 2013 328i xdrive (36 months). Monthly payments came out to $458/ month including taxes (NJ - 7%), a little less than $2k out of pocket for first payment and fees. MSRP was $45,645, selling price $41,145, MF .0013, Residual 62% (12k per year). I also ended up adding the Wheel & Tire Protection for $1,300. This brought my monthly to $506, an increase of $48 per month. Is the wheel and tire protection worth it (I have run flats)? Can I still cancel it if I decide I don't want it?

Thanks in advance for your responses.
    Ok, here's the 2deals, both for leasing 24 months, 12k miles /year, 0 down, 0 deposit, bmw 328i with NO options (no moonroofs no nav no nothing)

Deal 1:
    443+35.44tax = 478.44 per month
    Total due @ signing = 478.44 + fees (bank/doc/L&R) = approx $1754 due @ signing
    Overall $ spent on life of the loan = (478.44 * 23) + 1754 = $12758.12 approx

Deal 2:
    $537.35 (ALREADY include tax) per month
    0 due @ signing, all tax, fees, 1st month payment covered
    Overall $ spent on life of the loan = 537.35*23 = 12359.05

So if you look at it like this, the second deal is better, so here's the questions:

1. Different dealers use different spreadsheets/terminologies/systems to provide the screenshot of their worksheet, so it's really hard to compare apples to apples without spending a lot of time. If I use the above ways and evaluate the deals based on the "total cost" in the end, is this better?

2. Seeing that the deal #2 saves me approx $400, is deal #2 a REALLY good deal or do you think I can get better if i physically sit down and haggle? The internet sales mgr typically don't give out their lowest.

3. IF i say 0 due @ signing and $525 INCLUDING TAX for the remaining 23 payments, is this an unrealistic offer?

I realize the down side of comparing deals like this is that you don't know if you are asking too little or too much.
  • ponytrekkerponytrekker Member Posts: 310
    Good deal but pass on the tire protection package. That's a fortune.
    edited March 2013
    What a racket.. $48/mo for tire insurance? [non-permissible content removed] you can buy 4 new tires in no time.
    1300 is way to much. I'd offer 800 on it. Read the manual as well. I thought I read someplace that the tires usually have one year of road maintenance on them as well. I'm waiting for my BMW to arrive and I will pay no more then 800 for the service. IF they accept it then I will take it.

COSTCO sells a set of 4 run flats for under 900 dollars and you can probably add road hazard to it cheaply.
    Thanks for your responses. I told the dealer that I will cancel the tire protection and will probably just purchase a new set (non run flats) so I dont have to worry as much about the tires.
  • missysosomissysoso Member Posts: 2
    Good Afternoon,
    May I ask the March RV and MF on a BMW 2013 328I term of 24 months with both 15K miles per year and 20K?
    Thank you for your kind assistance
This discussion has been closed.