Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW 3-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• coolbrzmcdcoolbrzmcd Member Posts: 6
    Can anyone share the June lease residuals and base rate MF for both the 2013 and 2014 (hopefully available yet) model year 328i xDrive and 335i xDrive, 12,000 mi/year.

Thanks!
    Mike
  • firstbmwcarfirstbmwcar Member Posts: 34
    I am looking to go lease a 2013 BMW 328i convertible, it has an asking price of $50,900.
    Under these conditions:
    • $399 First months payment
    • $3,000 Down payment
    • $0 Security Deposit
    • $725 Acquisition fee
    • $4,124 Cash due at signing
    -APR/Lease credit of $1,500

How can I get these numbers down? Is it possible to negotiate any of those areas, without increasing the $399/month payment? Thank you in advance for any guidance. This is my first lease ever & my first BMW!
  • mcalc55mcalc55 Member Posts: 1
    328xi - m sport, navi, lighting, HK Sound, moonroof, heated seats, sport auto

MSRP: $50,150
    Sale Price: $48,168
    Residual Value @ 65%
    "Selling Rate" / Money Factor: .00135
    Upfront MSD of $4,837
    10k / year

Incentives: 750 Conquest + 1,000 test drive incentive coming this week

Final per month: $555

Couple questions here...they said the MF of .00135 was low and that .00127 is what they buy at and they can't negotiate down to that. Don't think that's going to impact the payment significantly anyway, but they didn't want to budget on that.

Also, residual of 65% is high i think, so that's good.

Final point - they said that they take a 6.5% profit margin, not 9% like most dealers so trying to calculate invoice at 91% of MSRP won't work. If I do 91% it ends up being $2,531.80 over which seems like an average deal at best. They claimed that this was a 'friends and family' deal since I know a guy who works there, not quite sure about that..looking for some input. Let me know if I missed any key figures.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hello Mike. BMW Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 328i Sedan xDrive with 12,000 miles per year are .00127 and 64% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2013 335i xDrive Sedan are .00127 and 64%.

The lease program for the 2014 versions of these cars have not been published yet.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Very appropriate username, firstbmwcar :). The keys to getting a good deal on a leased vehicle are to negotiate as low a selling price as possible and then once you arrive at a price that you are comfortable with have the dealer calculate your payment using the vehicle's buy rate lease money factor.

If I was in the market for this car, I personally would shoot for a selling price of say $500 or so over dealer invoice minus the APR / Lease credit.

This car's buy rate lease money factor is currently .00127 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
  • jackiboyjackiboy Member Posts: 1
    Hi there

I'm turning in a 2011 328i coupe in August and am thinking of ordering the 2014 428i coupe. Is there any information out there on the money factor and residual for a 36 month, 10k miles/year lease? I don't want to go back to the dealer shooting blanks. Thanks.
    Hi jackiboy. BMW has not published a lease program for the 428i Coupe yet.

Car_man
    Host
  • crazybmwcrazybmw Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    Hello experts,
    This is an offer I got from dealer in Maryland for 2013 335i Convertible, fully loaded.
    MSRP: $62800
    Price after discount and incentives: $56500 (I have not negotiated yet)
    + tax, tag, "fees" = $59500
    10k miles/yr 36 months , first month $500 offvoucher.
    0 down =$685
    2000 down =$626
    4000 down =$567
    How does it look?
    I do not have info on how they come up with this number in terms of Money factor, residual value, % , etc...
    Please let me know what is a fair, good and best deal? what is the steal deal?
    Thank you.

P.S. I have 2011 328i Convertible, lease ending.
  • camainecamaine Member Posts: 11
    Hi there

I am turning in a 2011 328i coupe with 22,000 miles in August. It's in almost perfect condition and could easily become a CPO. Does this get me any negotiating room if I am ordering a 428i coupe? Also, does anyone know or know where to find the base MSRP for the 428i coupe? Thanks.
  • jasonmdbmwjasonmdbmw Member Posts: 117
    4 Series pricing isn't out yet but should be very soon
  • petersmith5petersmith5 Member Posts: 10
    I want to lease a 328i base model. Is there anything wrong with what I'm trying to get?

List Price: $37,745
    Invoice: $34,825
    Sale Price: $35,000 (I don't know if I can get this.)
    Down Payment: $2,000
    Conquest Rebate: $750
    Money Factor: .00127
    Lease Terms: 36 months, 10K miles per month
    Residual: 64%
    Sales Tax: 8%

Price: $320 per month

Is this doable? Please let me know where my mistakes are. Thanks.
  • thor66thor66 Member Posts: 5
    I have read up on the items on this blog. Very helpful.

Got this deal offer:

MSRP: $51,625

Sale price: $48,253

Residual: 65%

Money Factor: .00127 (which I learned on this blog)

Acquisition fee: $725

Down Payment: $2,000 (I know. Suppose to have as zero.)

Additional miles to 50k: 15Cents per

Tax, license and registration.

Dealer fee: $699 (I kept pressing for ALL fees. One email documentation fee. Needed to see a child to cover). Always suspicious of this type of fee. Sales person said some call it doc fee, prep fee, dealer fee. Of course, it is pure profit. Should I say no? Are they entitled to some document fee?

Sales person has not mentioned disposition fee, which I will say no.

Words of wisdom?

Thanx.
  • freebmw1freebmw1 Member Posts: 1
    I was offered to lease a Demo 2013 328xi fully loaded with navi (has 9k miles on it)
    The offer was for $3,100 down and $330 per month.
    36 months, 10k a month.

Is the deal worth it? And is it a good idea to get a demo car in a lease?
  • firstbmwcarfirstbmwcar Member Posts: 34
    Demo car lease (for reference):
    I just leased a 2013 BMW 335i convertible, it too was a loaner/punched car. I called 3 different BMW dealer and got 3 different quotes and then played them against each other until I was able to get the best deal.

Here is how my costs breakdown:
    -BMW 335i convertible
    -7,000 miles already on it
    -Premium and Convenience Package (no navigation)
    -Tire Protection (bought this for peace of mind)
    -Protection on major dings/chips/etc when I turn it in (I was sold this at closing)
    -$600 wind deflector for the convertible (I had them do this after we agreed to all the numbers).
    -15k miles a year
    -$57k retail, after discounts it was a final price of $50k

I was given the keys with only a $900 charge to my credit card and a monthly payment of just under $600 per month. (the initial $900 had the first month included)

I was okay with a 328 or 335, whoever could give me the best numbers. I called their local competitor he had a 328i convert. He gave me a final sales price of $47k. Their competitors numbers were still higher on the 328i than on the loaner 335i convert., So the competitor had to tell me - "enjoy driving the 335i" - haha.

I think I did well. If I didn't get the tire protection or ding protection, my monthly payment was going to be about $540/month with that same $900 down.
    edited June 2013
    I think you did VERY WELL. What was the sale tax % / state?
    Hey there. Got the following. Any thoughts?
    I continue to try and get them to remove dealer fee. Thanx:

MSRP: $51,625
    Discounts including rebates: $4,872
    Selling price: $48,253
    36 month lease 10k miles/yr
    Cash due at signing: $2000
    Total Cap Reduction: $1754.25
    Lease payment inc tax(7%) $522.21
    Residual – 65% ($33,556.25)
    Money Factor - .00127
    Apparently, BMW has released the price on the 428i coupe at $41,425 which includes destination. I'd like to place an order as soon as possible since my 328i lease runs out in August but it would great to know the money factor and residual on the 428i coupe before I talk to the dealer. Does anyone have this information or know where I can find it? If the numbers aren't available, should I just use last year's numbers? Thanks for your help with this.
  • swameeswamee Member Posts: 32
    Hi dchabitant: can you email me when you get a chance? Would appreciate your input/insight a lot - thanks!!
  • leoblueleoblue Member Posts: 19
    I don't get your math. If discount is $4,872, shouldn't selling price be something like $46,753? If selling price is $46,753, it's a very good price, I think.
  • aman09aman09 Member Posts: 2
    I am planning to lease a 328i Convertible. The price tag on the vehicle is 55K.
    Dealer offered me a $1000 discount. So here are the numbers for 3yr 36K miles lease.
    0 down payment.
    approx $3000 due at signup (all fees included - NJ State Tax, Motor Vehicle Registration, acquisition fee and doc fee)
    $620 per month for 36 months.
    Is this a good deal? If not, where can I negotiate?

Thanks.
    aman09:
    $620 is not an attractive deal in my opinion.
    You should be able to find a deal for $550 or under. My friend got her 2013 328 convertible with Nav and all packages (but previously loaner car) for $490/month! It was reduced to $47k though. Shop around. My 2 cents!
  • aman09aman09 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the reply.
    Another problem is all dealers have limited 328i convertibles in stock. One of the dealer told me that it will be a 4 series from 2014 so they can't order a new one. is that true? If yes then when will they start taking orders for the 4 series?
    MF and RV aren't available yet since the car isn't even being built yet. Production is supposed start next month and wont see them in stock until late August-September, so look for that info around then
    Yes the 328 convertibles are very limited right now and all 3 Series coupes and convertibles will now be called the 4 Series starting with MY14 production. Coupes can be orderd in next month or so and convertibles wont start production until November
  • beemernooberbeemernoober Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    Looking to lease an ActiveHybrid 3 fully loaded luxury line with HK, here is my offer:

MSRP 61,300
    Selling Price $49930 (including $3500 eco credit)
    Doc Fee $500
    Acq $725
    Money Factor .00127 (MSD = 7 $3500) Final MF = .00078
    Rebates $2000
    Residual 62%
    Down payment including MF ACQ and Doc FEE = $5200(inc security deposit of $3500)-$2000 rebate = $3200

3 year 36k miles

Current miles on vehicle 130.

Final payment $422.30

Is that a good deal? Should I do 1 payment lease?
  • northwesttnorthwestt Member Posts: 2
    Car_man, I'm shopping for a 2014 328i Wagon. Do you have the residuals and money factors for this car?

Thanks
    Thanx for replying. My public school education on math fails me again.
    edited June 2013
    Candidly, the process of attempting to lease a BMW has been frustrating, with the games, active attempts to deceive, etc.

I have a dealer and may do a deal. Got 500 over invoice, .00127, 65%. Thing is, it really has options I don't need, such as navigation (my used. dusty, jelly-donut stained Garmin does just fine). But there are few 328 convertibles on lots around these them parts, and I don't want to drive hundreds of miles to get a deal. So I seek advice from those sage folks on here.

First, dealer fees are all over the board with dealers. This car has $599. I try to say no to dealer fees, and have in the past, but I think I would have to just bite the bullet. Hopefully, I am still worthy.

Have been pondering though now getting an Audi A5 cabriolet. I have already perused these invaluable boards for money factor, residual, etc. The BMW above has an MSRP of about $53,500 (again, getting $500 above sticker). Looks like Audi's are 47-49k on the low end, so can get a good deal. The money factor seems higher (need to do the math, with my poor public school education math skills).

In reading on line, it seems the Audi has a better look, and more inside (I would agree), but the BMW rides better.

Last year I drove an Audi (NOT a convertible). Maybe I got the only lemon built, but it had no pick-up. I actually drove an Audi A5 and A6. I intend to take a test drive this week.

Thoughts oh helpful ones from a frustrated purchaser.
  • yideng23yideng23 Member Posts: 2
    Hello Carman..

Do you have July's lease numbers for 328i xdrive??
    I was trying to finalize a deal today and could not..
    I thought maybe July's interest could be better than June??

Thank you!!
  • pmrowleypmrowley Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking at the 2014 328d configurator, and it's quoting me an MSRP of $51,650 with the options we want, with a monthly lease of $1440? That's a total lease cost of $51840! Can this be right? What kind of residual and money factor are they using to calculate this?

Thanks!
    -P
    Yes I do northwestt. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 328i Wagon with 15,000 miles per year are .00127 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
    Yes I do yideng23. Waiting probably helped some because BMW introduced $1,000 dealer cash on this car in July.

BMW Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 328i xDrive Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00120 and 61% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi pmrowley. Ah that payment certainly is out of whack. Even at full MSRP, this car would have a 36-month, 15,000 mile per year, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $707. Very unattractive, but still half of the funny payment that you were quoted.

I used a money factor of .00127 and a residual value of 58% to arrive at this payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • atsor3atsor3 Member Posts: 10
    edited July 2013
    Car_man, can you tell me the mf and rv for the above 335i sedan, 15k miles a year either 24 or 36 month? Or whether there are better lease terms such as 27 mo or 39 mo?

Also what other incentives such as dealer cash, options rebate, loyalty or conquest...?

Thanks so much.
  • shazi00shazi00 Member Posts: 13
    edited July 2013
    Hello

I have never leased a car before but I am planning to lease a 428xi when it comes out due to the standard features. The price according to the website is as follows:

428xi = $42,500
    Destination $ Handling = $925
    Heated Seat Option = $500
    Acquisition Fee = $825
    Paper Work + Dealer Fee = $600 (Assumption)
    NY Sales Tax = 8.65%

I am looking at a 36 month lease with minimum 12k miles a year. I know the car isn't available til October 2013 and no residual value or money factor would be available right now but I wanted to have a ball park idea of what i would be paying if the above pricing can be reflected on the current 328xi. Looking at the 328xi with similar options, the invoice prices i see on the internet is almost $1500 - $2000 below the MSRP.

I am willing to drop $4800 maximum on the down payment which would include the fees, first month payment, acquisition fee.

Based on that assumption could someone let me know what would I be expecting to pay per month for this ? I dont want to go above $370 - $380 a month. Is it possible ?

Also would reducing the lease term from 36 months to 24 months with 12k miles a year increase or decrease my monthly/down payment ?

Thank You for your help.
  • alldayleoalldayleo Member Posts: 11
    I'm looking into pursuing a lease for either a 2013 BMW 335ix But I don't want my monthly payments over $400. How much of a down payment I would have to place, in order for me to get a # like that. Please and thank you.
  • wjkalanawjkalana Member Posts: 2
    I m looking for 2013 320iX drive, Imperial Blue, Beige leatherette, Walnut burl wood trim, Driver Assistance pkg, Lighting pkg, and Navigation system. MSRP came up to $ 40,525 what would be the best price should I settle in for. (Before I apply BMW drive event discount $1000). And can somebody tell me where I can get the correct invoice price.
  • chadobadochadobado Member Posts: 3
    Hey Car_man,

I'm starting to talk to dealers about preordering or doing an ED for the new 335i Gran Turismo (xdrive, m-package).

Do you have mf/residuals on this car yet? I'm looking for 12k/yr and 15k/yr rates.

Although we haven't gotten to details yet my dealer mentioned "locking in a rate now" which I take to mean as #'s are available to execute the agreement now before the car is officially launched (as I did when the 335 coupe first came out).. any comment on that?

Thanks a lot!
    Hello

I am trying to do my calculations for a lease on a 328xi and was wondering if you can provide the residual % for 12k and 15k miles a year.

I am guessing the lower the residual value, the higher the monthly payment and down payment.

I am looking for the following:

Fair Purchase Price = $40,675
    12k or 15k miles a year

According to my calculation if the residual is at 65% with 15k miles (I highly doubt this will be correct) i would have to cover the cost $14,235 over the 3 year lease period.

So monthly would be $309 and $3500 down payment ? Is that close ?
  • jackbauerjackbauer Member Posts: 20
    Hello CarMan :)

Can you provide MF and residuals for a 435xi? 10k miles a month should be more than I need.

Thank you!
  • 1985mb1985mb Member Posts: 60
    What is the $2,000 rebate?
  • swameeswamee Member Posts: 32
    edited July 2013
    $1000 build out credit for everyone in July plus the $1000 ultimate drive event that's worth driving a hundred miles for if you don't have one close by. Lost out on both by driving mine off July 1st
  • ponytrekkerponytrekker Member Posts: 310
    I had business in FL and drove 3 1/2 hours to do the drive. Saved me a grand.
    Sure thing atsor3.

BMW Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 335i Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00127 and 66% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00127 and 60%.

BMW is currently providing $1,000 dealer cash on this car. There's another $500 loyalty cash and the waiver of the first payment for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
    I have seen this car's lease program, chadobado.

BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value fro a 36-month lease of a 2013 335i Gran Turismo xDrive with 15,000 miles per year are .00127 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The residual value for a lease with 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

On an ordered car, you should be able to lock in the lease program that is available now and then choose between it and the one that is available when you physically take delivery, whichever is better.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go shazi00. BMW Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 328xi Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00120 and 61% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease of this car with 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 dealer cash that is currently available on this model.

Car_man
    Host
    HA great username jackbauer. I actually have the first season on DVD, though of course I've never watched it again :).

BMW Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 435xi with 10,000 miles per year are .00127 and 63% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • debrawcodebrawco Member Posts: 4
    Hey CarMan - I need to check some numbers with you.

I was at a dealer on Saturday for the Drive Event and of course ended up talking cars and numbers. Found a car at the port with the specs I was looking for and a couple that I don't really need, but I can deal with the limited overages. I signed papers and now checking numbers. :blush:

I'm always prepared when I'm ready to sit and talk numbers, but I hadn't planned on negotiating on Saturday (originally I didn't think I was going to be in town) and hadn't done any research on cost, options, etc. So now I'm scrambling to deal with during the contract review period.

This is what I have:
    $49,075 - MSRP
    $45,130 - Invoice
    $45,340 - Edmunds TMV
    10K/year
    64% residual
    .00120 - Money Factor

Money factor seems correct based on your prior posts. Is the residual for 10K/year 64% and 12K 63%?

Is the TMV a reasonable price to negotiate for the car or is it realistically a bit higher than that? Range?

Is the current population of rebates a total of $2500:
    $1,000 Build Out Credit
    $1,000 Drive Event
    $500 Loyalty Cash (yes, I'm a serial BMW lessee)

Thx!
    Hi CarMan

I saw that you gave Jackbauer the money factor and residual for the 435i. Do you also have the figures for the 2014 428i? 36 months. 10k miles/year.

Also, I've already placed the order on the car so I'm wondering where my room to negotiate is when the car comes in. Am I stuck with the MSRP or can I get closer to the invoice? Can I lower the money factor by offering multiple deposits?

Finally, what is the $1000 build out credit and how does one qualify for this?

Thanks for answering my questions.
    Appreciate the numbers...any clue if the deals will be better in August ?
This discussion has been closed.