Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW 3-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• thevanguardthevanguard Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car-man

What are the residuals looking like for a 2014 335i xDrive? Also the money factor still .00127?
  • jetfanjetfan Member Posts: 61
    I am also interested in a new 328xi lease and will be attending the Drive Event this Saturday. Would love to see Carman's response and any advise from others on getting a great deal.
  • nickb81nickb81 Member Posts: 39
    I am looking to lease a 335 convertible.

What kind of payments should I expect? I went to truecar.com and got the following quote:

MSRP - $59,625
    Truecar - $54,830 (approx 8% discount)

What should I expect? I would like no money out of pocket. I currently have a BMW, so I get an additional $500 discount and we are USAA members, so that gets us another $1,500 rebate.

Thanks in advance!
  • jasonmdbmwjasonmdbmw Member Posts: 117
    RV is 63% for 428i and yes you can lower the MF by doing multiple security deposits(max is 7). Being its a brand new model and demand is high, its going to be tough to negotiate.

The $1000 build out is only on all 2013 3 Series sedan models
  • shazi00shazi00 Member Posts: 13
    I'll be going to the Drive Event last week of July. I know theres a 1000$ incentive and $1000 on build out on a 3 series. Does this $2000 go in to the calculation after the negotiated price ?

MSRP is $42375
    Negotiated = $39500

So after all the calculation suppose I have to pay $3500 down. Would this $2000 add to the down making my signing around $1500 or Can i have this added up front and bring the negotiated down from $39500 to $37500 ?

Thanks
  • petersmith5petersmith5 Member Posts: 10
    yes the $2,000 is off of the quoted price. unless they included it already.
  • debrawcodebrawco Member Posts: 4
    I ended up getting the car below invoice, plus the $1000 Drive event, the $1000 build out cash (expires 7/31), Loyalty Cash of $500 and the Turn Key rebates (2 lease payments). 2013 328xi with a MSRP of $49,075 is costing me $465/mo with no money down (only first lease payment due at signing) for 10K miles, $70/mo less than what I am paying now and getting a car with everything I wanted and a few more options.
  • usmarinecorpsusmarinecorps Member Posts: 14
    Hi Debrawco/carman/jetfan

I have a similar situation. BMW 328xi 2013 MSRP 54k approximately 3k out of pocket, build out cash and loyalty and drive event 476 a month. What are the turnkey rebates ? And are we positive that the build out cash will expire 7/31, as everyone I have spoken to seems unsure.

Any opinion on my current quote / 36 months 10k miles lease.

Thanks
    Would you mind sharing your exact numbers?
    I am interested in knowing how the rebates all worked against your Buy price. Also what state did you lease in? Thanks
    This is what I am being quoted. MSRP 53,425. Invoice per edmunds 49,110. 36 month lease, 10K per year, 64 residual, .00120 MF, $489 a month with no money down. I will have to pay 1st month payment, plus MV fee, $359 document fee plus $725 acquisition to pick up the car. This quote takes into account my 1K Driver event, 1K build out, $500 loyalty and turn key credit. Do I have any room here to get my out the door cost under 1K? Thanks.
    does BMW let you do multiple security deposits to lower the money factor?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    Yes... up to 7...

.00007 reduction for each, for a total reduction of .00049

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• leoblueleoblue Member Posts: 19
    Looks like a very good deal to me. I tried a calculation using Invoice as your selling price and without the discounts. Total comes out at $514/month before tax. Depreciation charge: $414, Finance charge: $99.9. Certainly the discounts help a lot but their selling price was pretty good to start with.

The only part that could be lower is the document fee at $359.

May I ask for the dealership name and location?
    is safety lease program worth it? it's like $1,700 and covers upto $5,000 in damage.
    I've never had over $200 in damage charges at the end of a lease.. (7 leases)...

Even if I routinely racked up charges, there is no way I'd pay $1700 for only $5000 of insurance...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• traceyj305traceyj305 Member Posts: 1
    Hi All!

I am new to this message board but came across it while researching some lease deals.

So... I am interesting in leasing a BMW 320 in the next month. This would be my first BMW so I am very excited. My dealer has come back to me with HIGH numbers.. so I'd like any of your opinions on what's fair.

Basically now I have a 2010 VW Jetta (in pristine condition)... I've been told I have $2,000 equity in the car. (VW & BMW share a dealership where I live)

I am obviously aware that my payments will go up significantly from what I pay now for my Jetta but at the same time I wasn't expecting that big of a jump.

Ideally what I would like is the following.... tell me if I am shooting for the stars?

$1k-2k down (tops) $400 or a smidge less a month?

I know the 320 is the entry level so I was keeping that in mind.

I hope to hear all your thoughts! Thank you!!
  • carguy778carguy778 Member Posts: 33
    Too expensive.
    My payments $508/month x 36 months
    15/36
    TTl $2900 separate.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey thevanguard. The numbers for a 36-month lease of a 2014 335i Sedan xDrive with 15,000 miles per year are .00127 and 58%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hey petersmith5. While this is more of a matter of personal preference than anything, I personally would pass on the excess wear and tear coverage as well. I always lease without it.

Car_man
    Host
    my dealer said you have to pay $2,000 to replace the tires at the end of the lease because they will be worn out if you don't have the coverage. he also claimed 99% of people get the coverage. so he was lying right?
  • richzrichz Member Posts: 160
    I'm not sure if the tires will be worn by the end of the lease, but even if they are you can get brand new tires from tirerack, etc. for less than $2000. What a lot of people do is buy used tires and put them on before turning the car in.
    CarMan, could you check on the Mercedes C class forums please? A lot of questions for you the past few weeks waiting for you.
    BMW of Alexandria Virginia said that after turning in the lease, BMW gives you a check for %50 of the acquisition fees back.

Just wanted to confirm here if its true. If so how many customers actually received it?

Thanks.
    I've never heard that.... didn't happen on either of my BMW leases..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

If you rotate your tires then the likelihood of having to replace them at lease end drops significantly.

Car_man
    Host
    Freehold BMW. Got the numbers down to $500 a month with $900 out the door including first month payment & second payment waived.
  • htownpimp786htownpimp786 Member Posts: 80
    Carman (or anyone else that can help)

Love these forums!

Can you tell me what the Money Factor and Residual would be for a 36 month/10K Lease on a 2013 BMW 328i Sedan.

Also on a likewise 2013 335i Sedan as well. (36 month/10k mile) lease.

Is getting this car at Invoice minus the incentives ($500 loyalty, $1000 buildout credit and $1000 BMW drive event) a good deal on this car? Or is shooting for below invoice possible at this time of the year with the 2013 models running out and the 2014 models showing up.

Also, from your experience, it is better to wait to buy in August in terms of buying a 2013 model (figure they will be even cheaper with the 2014 models hitting the lot, but not sure if that assumption is legit)

As always, thanks for all of your help!
  • chenglichengli Member Posts: 3
    I finally signed the lease papers.
    In return for the precious information from this discussion thread, I'd like to share my lease details:

BMW 335i xDrive
    Black Dakota leather w/ Dark Burl Walnut trim
    M Sport
    Techonogy
    Cold weather
    Premium
    Harmon Kardon surround sound

MSRP: $56,950
    Invoice: $52,355
    Sale price: $50,850 (includes $1000 build out, $1000 driving event voucher)

Term and factors:
    12k/yr, 36 months
    Money factor: 0.00127 (maxed out multiple security deposit (MSD) to lower it to 0.00078)
    Residue: 62%

Deal:
    $513 / month, $7300 drive-off (include all fees & tax + MSD: $3850)

It seemed dealers really give aggressive pricing at the end of the month.
    I thought this is a great deal and signed.
    Now I can't wait to pick up my car next week!

Thanks again for people on this thread! I Couldn't have got this deal without the info here!
  • funkatationfunkatation Member Posts: 2
    Carman,

Can you post August numbers for a 320i w/premium package? The website says 299/month with $3774 due at signing, is this based on MSRP? I'm looking at 10K and 12K options.

Thanks!
  • bert_bbert_b Member Posts: 4
    I ordered a 2013 BMW 328i convertible two months ago and it just arrived yesterday. The new lease programs came out today and are not quite as good this month. Which program should be under, the one when I ordered or when I take delivery?
    If you filled out a credit application and the dealer got you approved when you ordered then you can use the rates from back then for the next 60 days if you're on the east coast, or 90 days if you are on the west coast.
  • carprevizcarpreviz Member Posts: 17
    A dealer in SoCal is offering me a 2014 BMW 328i Sedan with a moonroof and lighting package for $37,500 (MSPR $39,975)

Would this be a good deal?

What should my expected numbers be for a 36 month/36k lease?

Would it be possible to get the lease monthly below $500 and if so what would the selling price have to be? I couldn't find the August lease residuals and MF on here.

Thanks!
    i think that car should be close to $400 a month with $0 down.
    hmmmm $400 seems low with 0 down, but would be nice.

I got the price to be $36,600 and the edmunds lease calculators put 36 month/36k miles at about $497/month after tax with a 61% residual and .00127 MF (got this off of another site).

The dealer quoted me at $829.09 due at signing w/ $463.45 tax included there after.

Please advise, thank!
    My 328x MSRP almost $48k. Sale $44000.
    3yr/15k. Premium, cold and tech pack.
    $509/month. TTl separate.
    edited August 2013
    yea that's pretty good...

I'm not sure how you got $509/month though, because if I plug in your $44,000 sales price and 63% residual value of 48k w/ money factor of .00127 into the edmunds lease calculator, I got something more like $550.

Am I using this thing wrong? I got these residual % and money factor from another website, so perhaps they are off?

You said Tax Title and Insurance were separate, but did that include an Acquisition fee?

Did you qualify for any credits?

Thanks
    Got it in May 2013. Acquisition fees separate. Did not qualify for any credits or incentives or cash.
    I think what alot of people dont realize is that the dealer has different deals for every option that car has. If I were to get only heated seats, stand alone navigation and sun roof then my payments were almost identical. Which is hard to understand. Anyways I think I could have saved alot more had I done my deal in april. Its hard to explain here or understand. But cars with more options get a better lease rate then say a $40k, because of the spread I guess. Its weird, I know.

Anyways. Hope this helps.
  • dolce2013dolce2013 Member Posts: 1
    Can someone tell me what is the money factor and incentives for a 2013 328i with navigation and 15k/36 for month of august 2013???

thank you
    Yes, this has been very helpful..thanks for explaining. I will take a look at cars with a higher msrp to see what I can get.
  • james99wjames99w Member Posts: 6
    Hello Folks,

Below is lease offer I got.

My 328xi MSRP is : 50K

3yr/15k miles.

485 per month ( tax included )

3900 down which includes 7 MSDs. ( 3395 refundable MSDs )

first month payment waived.

Is this a good offer ?
  • tayloroncarstayloroncars Member Posts: 7
    If you stated the exact selling price and MSRP, it would be easier to tell if you have a good offer.
    edited August 2013
    The dealer only mentioned that the MSRP was 50K, and the sale price was price below Invoice price.
    She however said that the offer includes the $1000 Drive event promo code that I needed to provide to get that offer.
    I would ask her what the exact MSRP and selling price are for the vehicle.

You should also ask for the Money Factor and Residual Value.

Also be sure to have them add the $1,000 Build-Out Credit that is available.
  • leoblueleoblue Member Posts: 19
    Like everybody else is saying, if you could get more details, folks here could give you better answers.

Generally though, I think it's a good to very good deal. Why? I OFFERED the same price for relatively the same car but was rejected by one dealer (NJ) :) so you know you're near the bottom price, if not the bottom.

The down payment is questionable though. According to what you said, subtracted the MSDs, you put down only $505 which is even lower than standard acquisition fee of $725 from BMW FS. Would be interesting to know how the dealer came up with your down payment number.
  • swameeswamee Member Posts: 32
    The MSDs are usually 7*monthly payment rounded up to nearest 50 so did you come up with the 3395 igure or did the dealer give that to you? Any which way its sliced, unless theres some thing you havent disclosed here, looks like a very good deal to me.
    As per the dealer, $3900 down payment is all the total check amount I need to pay to "drive off" the car.
    Yes, the down payment also included 7 MSDs which will be refunded during my lease return.
    As per the dealer, Acquision fee and Doc fee were rolled up in the monthly payment, which is $485 and that also includes tax.

Hope it helps.

I basically was offered this deal after I asked if the dealer could beat another dealer's quote.
    Sorry, you are right. $3,500 are refundable security deposits.
    Initially, I had mistook it as exact 7 months payment which is incorrect.

"unless theres some thing you havent disclosed here"
    I have disclosed all the payment details , which is $3900 down and $485 @ 35 months ( first payment waived ) , with $3500 refundable.
    Hey, sounds like you have a good deal here on a pretty sweet ride.

MSRP ~$50,000
    $400 Down + $3,500 MSDs + first month payment waived
    $485/mo tax included
    36/mo
    15k mi/yr

I would take this deal, turn the car in after 3 years and use the $3,500 for the next car.
    tayloroncars -
    Thanks to you and others who had posted valuable feedback on my offer. I very much appreciate it.
    Based on the responses, I didn't want to miss out on this offer.
    I am planning to close the deal by this week - Hoping the offer and the car I like is still available.
    This forum has given me very valuable inputs that made me very confident and well informed when speaking to a salesman.
    Thanks to everyone part of this forum.
This discussion has been closed.