Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW 5-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• tinocotinoco Member Posts: 18
    Hi,
    I think you can do a little better than that.. If you want my assistance I can guide you to a dealership. I just recently purchased a 530i. MSRP of 54,070.00, paid $900.00 over invoice - 36mo./15k/0 down with 5 sec. deposits go it down to $585.00 a month including tax. Let me know if you need my help!
  • tracer11tracer11 Member Posts: 9
    Congratulations
    Sounds like a good deal. Which state are you in?
  • runonmd1runonmd1 Member Posts: 11
    I certainly would appreciate some help. as I have never leased a car, and am looking for a 530, with the following specs:

Metallic paint
    nav, premium, sport, parktronic, auto trans, Sirius radio, cold weather, power rear sunshade
    15000 mi/year

I would prefer zero down, zero drive off, zero security, paying only first month's payment, if doable.

How should I approach this? Obtain several dealer bids first? I think I have access to invoice pricing, but, as I am very new to this, any help and/or suggestions would be much appreciated.

I am located just north of San Diego, with access to dealers in that area as well as LA.

I certainly thank you for your time.

Richard

• mftmrtmftmrt Member Posts: 17
    With 7 security deposits, is the lowest mf .00011 or is it .00008? In SoCal.
  • prancinghorse9prancinghorse9 Member Posts: 11
    I think mine was similiar to the one you want, zero everything is doable, and I got mine from new century BMW in Alhambra(Los Angeles) from a bald chinese guy
    I just also did a X3 for my wife too today
  • bmwmamabmwmama Member Posts: 3
    I am in southern cal looking for a good deal on 530i. Any dealerships to recommend?
    I am female with great credit but when I go to dealership I usually get hustled. Only successful experience has been with autobytel. I hear of all these great deals can anyone share guy tips with me? Do you go in with list of what you are looking for and what you will spend? When you follow car man advice of no down--does that always raise money factor? What kind of money factor and residual can one expect with no sec dep or money down with 36 month lease?
  • f4rocksf4rocks Member Posts: 3
    thank you.
    I'm from the Bay Area, California where everything is
    expensive :mad:
  • poepoe1771poepoe1771 Member Posts: 14
    I'm looking to lease a 5 series and I'm in the chicago area. I would prefer a 530i but will settle for a 525i if the 530i is too expensive. I have no idea how a lease works and how much I should be paying. Any help would greatly be appreciated. I only need 10k a year. thanks Paul.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi klassyb. I assume that you are interested in leasing a 2007 525i. BMW is not currently providing any dealer cash on 2007 5-Series models. $500 over invoice is a very attractive price for this car. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for the '07 525i is .00065 with the payment of a security deposit at lease signing and .00080 without the deposit.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi iamdaveh. $1,000 over invoice is a reasonable price for this car. Unfortunately, BMW Financial Services' lease program for it has changed. Its current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 530i with 12,000 miles per year are .00090 and 62%, respectively. You can buy this money factor down by making additional security deposits. BMW will reduce the money factor that is used to calculate your car's monthly payment by .00007 for each additional deposit that you make. You can make up to seven additional deposits, for a total reduction of .00049.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi be02939. It's strange that you are getting all sorts of different answers about BMW FS' multiple security deposit program from dealers. The last time that I looked into it, this program allowed lessees to reduce the money factor that is used to calculate their vehicle's monthly payment by .00007 for each additional deposit that they make, up to a maximum of seven. I suppose that it's possible that BMW changed this program, but if it has I certainly haven't heard about it.

BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for the 2007 550i is .00150 for up to 42 months.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi fm1. BMW Financial Services charges an acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases, however its base fee is currently only $625. The dealer that you are working with is attempting to mark this fee up to add additional hidden profit to your deal. This is a fairly common practice amongst BMW dealers. As long as you know about it and take the additional $200 into account in your evaluation of this deal it's not terrible.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    You're welcome, Andy. $1,500 over invoice isn't too bad, but this is really $1,700 over invoice once the $200 acquisition fee mark-up is taken into account. There's enough room here that it wouldn't hurt to shop around to see if any other dealers in your area would be willing to beat this deal. Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately: "BMW 5-Series: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

BMW Financial Services' new buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of the 2007 530i is .00090 with the payment of a security deposit at lease signing and .00105 with the deposit waived.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi Bebopjazz. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 530i with 15,000 miles per year are .00090 and 60%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • den110den110 Member Posts: 10
    Hi all

Carman, I am trying to lease an 07 530xi with the following options: premium package, cold weather package and auto. Dealer quoted me 36 month 10k miles, 633.93/month including tax. This is based on 7msd at $4550, 1st month, bank fee, doc, title reg etc at $1852 for a total of $6402. 63% residual at end ($34158). This is based on a $51940 selling price, MF of .00111. He is claiming invoice of $50400. He states that with out the 7 msd, my MF would be .00160. This seems kind of high. Any help would be appreciated.
    Hi sambo49. Here's the information that you're looking for. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 525xi with 10,000 miles per year are .00140 and 63%, respectively. If you opt to have your car's security deposit waived, the money factor would be .00015 higher. The $500 over invoice that you were quoted is a good price for this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello Nick. You absolutely can have the dealer that you trade your vehicle in to cut you a check for it rather than using the proceeds from it as a down payment for your lease. In fact, it is in your best interest to do so. You would be better off pocketing all of the money that you get from your current car and not even putting the $2,500 down. Consumers who make large down payments on leased vehicles risk losing them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

You're right, if the dealer that you are working with told you that the selling prices of leased vehicles are set at full MSRP they were lying. The selling prices of leased vehicles is negotiable just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. You definitely should not have to pay full MSRP this car. You should be able to get an idea of how much you will have to pay for it right now by visiting the following discussion: "BMW 5-Series: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for the 2007 530xi is .00090. Make sure that the dealer you are working with uses this factor to calculate your car's monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings ukrainian. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

As far as how much you should pay upfront on your lease goes, consumers can and should lease any vehicle that they are interested in without making any sort of capitalized cost reduction, aka down payment. All you will have to pay at lease signing are your car's first month's payment, a security deposit that is equivalent to its monthly payment rounded up to the nearest $50 increment, BMW Financial Services' $625 acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees. In fact, you can even have your car's security deposit waived in exchange for a slightly higher monthly payment.

This car's lease program varies depending upon how long you lease it for and its mileage allowance. For now I will assume that you want a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 BMW 525xi with 15,000 miles per year are .00140 and 60%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2007 530xi are .00160 and 60%. I would be happy to use these numbers to estimate what these cars' lease payments should be, but in order for me to do so I need you to tell me the exact MSRPs and approximate selling prices of the models that you want.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Welcome rolypoly. Since this is your first lease, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment. These articles will help explain all of the technical jargon that you find confusing.

The money factor that you are being charged for this car is too high. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for this car is only .00065. You will receive a .00007 reduction from that for every additional security deposit that you make. A $4,000 total security deposit sounds like it includes around five additional deposits. This would result in a total money factor reduction of .00035, bringing your car's buy rate money factor to around .00030. Make sure that this is the factor that is being used to calculate your vehicle's monthly payment. Also, make sure to stop by the following discussion to compare the price that you were quoted to the prices that other community members have paid for similar cars lately: "BMW 5-Series: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings albacore1. Since you have never leased before, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

If you believe that you are paying too much for this car, you should try to renegotiate your deal or comparison shop with a few other dealers to see if you can beat this price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them.

BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for the 2007 530xi Wagon is .00125. With the seven additional security deposits, a reduction of .00049, this model's buy rate drops to .00076. Make sure that the dealer you are working with uses this factor to calculate your wagon's monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi shuale_ejs. New cars, especially new BMWs are very expensive purchases (or leases in this case). You absolutely should get yours exactly how you want it equipped. Of course it is not ideal that you didn't order your car right the first time, or the second time for that matter, but your better off getting the vehicle exactly how you want it than regretting that you didn't for the length of your lease. Selling vehicles is a salesperson's job, they'll get over your constant order changing. I personally would call them up and try to add the navigation option of I was in your situation.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello lamp. You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here's the information that you're looking for, homerj31. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 BMW 525i with 15,000 miles per year are .00065 and 60%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings Richard. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

The best way to approach getting a good deal on your lease is to negotiate as low a selling price as possible on the car that you want. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Negotiate a great price then have the dealer that you are working with calculate your car's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate for the 2007 530i is .00090 with the payment of a security deposit at lease signing and .00105 with the security deposit waived. Make sure that this is the money factor that the dealer uses to calculate your lease because BMW dealers are notorious for marking money factors up to add additional hidden profit to deals.

Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi Paul. Check out the following articles to get an idea of how leasing works: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment. Basically you need to negotiate as low a selling price as possible on the car that you want to lease. Then have the dealer that gives you that price calculate your lease payment using its buy rate lease money factor. It is important to find out what money factor your dealer is using to calculate your car's lease payment because BMW dealers are notorious for marking up vehicles' money factors to add additional hidden profit to deals. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate for the 2007 530i is .00090. Its factor for the 2007 525i is .00065. That's what you need to do in a nutshell. Let me know if you have any questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • hba4hba4 Member Posts: 4
    I have a broker telling me that the residuals on the 525i have gotten better. Anyone know if that is true? In Dec. I ordered a 525i 28month, 15K, and M.F. .00065. Residual of 69%. All said and done, $599/mo taxes included. My sales guy said if the terms get better while the car is being made, I can take advantage of the better deals. Is that true? Thanks
  • lsmblsmb Member Posts: 7
    I am in negotiations for leasing a 550i (fully loaded for $68'835 MSRP; after discounts and trade in for $60'780):

my sweet spot is 36mo/10Kmiles with flexible money down to keep monthly below $700 for personal reasons.

On discussion notes from dealer I saw 62% residual and a MF of .00205, no mention of acquisition fee or security deposit, and cannot reconcile BMW website monthly with first dealer proposals. Strange and evasive discussion without transparency on line items and terms.

1) was told that MF and residual are BMW set and fixed (non negotiable). doesn't sound that way from reading your discussions, where MF's are in a much lower range than .00205.

2) are the low rates i am seeing just specials and mine is just regular rate because 550i not covered under any lease special ?

3) any NC specifics i should be aware of?

Thanks very much for any advice,
    lsmb
  • ekcekc Member Posts: 32
    Do you mind sharing how much was the selling price of the 525i with what options?

Thx.
  • corschecorsche Member Posts: 29
    ISMB,

I don't know specifically about NC, but the BMWFS lease rates for Jan 2007 for 550i are:

2007 BMW 5 Series 550i /

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 70% of MSRP – .00150 Money Factor Buy Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 59% of MSRP – .00150 Money Factor Buy Rate
    48 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 37% of MSRP – .00322 Money Factor Buy Rate
    60 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 29% of MSRP – .00322 Money Factor Buy Rate

Add 2% to Residual Value for 12k mi/yr and 3% for 10k mi/yr on all terms.

It appears your dealer is providing the correct residual value, but charging you more for the MF. Also, the MF quoted from BMWFS of .0015 assumes a security deposit.

I am negotiating a similar lease in CA incase you wanted to know why I am up on these numbers.

Good luck,

George
    George,

thanks - very helpful. Are those published rates or where can I find them? any link?

Researching the topic of the BMW lease calculation a bit more I found a very useful excel calculator in another forum, creating total transparency around all the input elements. Thought you might enjoy this one for your negotiations:

http://forums.e60.net/lofiversion/index.php/t19212.html

Good luck to you too,
    lsmb
    525i Base: 43500, freight:695, Premium Pkg:2000, Cold Wx pkg:750,Auto:1275, Xenon:800, Sirius Radio:595 gives Sticker of 49615, sold to me for 47800, 28mo, 15k, 69%resid, MF .00065 for $599/mo taxes included. Have the residuals changed? Or is this the best deal I could get (I know, MF could have been .0005 but best I could get them down to was .00065. ((started at .0009))) I guess MF wont' go down but I was curious about what residuals are in Jan 07. Thanks P.S. they tried to get me for an $825 acquisition fee but after reading all these posts, I got it back where it should be $625. Thanks for everyones help.
    Ismb,

Those are published rates that come out once a month. I find them posted at the following location.

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/archive/index.php/f-73.html

Scroll down to the bottom and click the link for BMW Lease Rates - January 2007.

Thanks for the other link.

George
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Member Posts: 1,926
    Can't you just post the link that that link points to? Eliminate the "middle man." I'd like to see it also, but any address that starts with "forums" is blocked by the proxy.
    Unfortunately it is actually posted on the forum site. The link to the actual rates is :
    http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/archive/index.php/t-176567.html

I will try to cut and paste the January 2007 rates in this note for you.

BMW Financial Services Lease Rates and Residuals – Effective 1/5/07

These lease programs are provided by dealer partners of LeaseCompare.com (http://www.leasecompare.com). This data is for reference only and may vary by geographic region. Your dealer does not have to offer you these rates. It’s always best to compare other lease programs through an independent leasing source such as LeaseCompare.com (http://www.leasecompare.com).

Add 2% to Residual Value for 12k mi/yr and 3% for 10k mi/yr on all terms

2007 BMW 328Ci Coupe / Instantly Compare Lease Payments HERE (http://www.leasecompare.com/quick_lease_quotes.php?ModelYear=2007&MakeID=100&Mo- delID=120&StyleID=107)

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 68% of MSRP – .00125 Money Factor Buy Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 58% of MSRP – .00125 Money Factor Buy Rate
    48 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 43% of MSRP – .00322 Money Factor Buy Rate
    60 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 35% of MSRP – .00322 Money Factor Buy Rate

2007 BMW 328 Series 328xi Coupe / Instantly Compare Lease Payments HERE (http://www.leasecompare.com/quick_lease_quotes.php?ModelYear=2007&MakeID=100&Mo- delID=120&StyleID=110)

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 68% of MSRP – .00100 Money Factor Buy Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 58% of MSRP – .00100 Money Factor Buy Rate
    48 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 44% of MSRP – .00322 Money Factor Buy Rate
    60 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 36% of MSRP – .00322 Money Factor Buy Rate

2007 BMW 328 Series 328i Sedan / Instantly Compare Lease Payments HERE (http://www.leasecompare.com/quick_lease_quotes.php?ModelYear=2007&MakeID=100&Mo- delID=120&StyleID=112&vehicle=2007+BMW+328)

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 71% of MSRP – .00190 Money Factor Buy Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 61% of MSRP – .00190 Money Factor Buy Rate

2007 BMW 328 Series 328xi Sedan / Instantly Compare Lease Payments HERE (http://www.leasecompare.com/quick_lease_quotes.php?ModelYear=2007&MakeID=100&Mo- delID=120&StyleID=113&vehicle=2007+BMW+328)

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 71% of MSRP – .00190 Money Factor Buy Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 61% of MSRP – .00190 Money Factor Buy Rate

2007 BMW 328 Series 328i Wagon / Instantly Compare Lease Payments HERE (http://www.leasecompare.com/quick_lease_quotes.php?ModelYear=2007&MakeID=100&Mo- delID=120&StyleID=120&vehicle=2007+BMW+328)

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 70% of MSRP – .00225 Money Factor Buy Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 60% of MSRP – .00225 Money Factor Buy Rate
    48 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 41% of MSRP – .00322 Money Factor Buy Rate
    60 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 33% of MSRP – .00322 Money Factor Buy Rate

2007 BMW 328 Series 328xi Wagon / Instantly Compare Lease Payments HERE (http://www.leasecompare.com/quick_lease_quotes.php?ModelYear=2007&MakeID=100&Mo- delID=120&StyleID=122&vehicle=2007+BMW+328)

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 70% of MSRP – .00225 Money Factor Buy Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 60% of MSRP – .00225 Money Factor Buy Rate

2007 BMW 335 Series 335i Coupe / Instantly Compare Lease Payments HERE (http://www.leasecompare.com/quick_lease_quotes.php?ModelYear=2007&MakeID=100&Mo- delID=122&StyleID=105&vehicle=2007+BMW+335)

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 68% of MSRP – .00175 Money Factor Buy Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 58% of MSRP – .00175 Money Factor Buy Rate

2007 BMW 335 Series 335i Sedan / Instantly Compare Lease Payments HERE (http://www.leasecompare.com/quick_lease_quotes.php?ModelYear=2007&MakeID=100&Mo- delID=122&StyleID=110&vehicle=2007+BMW+335)

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 71% of MSRP – .00150 Money Factor Buy Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 61% of MSRP – .00150 Money Factor Buy Rate

2007 BMW 5 Series 525i / Instantly Compare Lease Payments HERE (http://www.leasecompare.com/quick_lease_quotes.php?ModelYear=2007&MakeID=100&Mo- delID=135&StyleID=105&vehicle=2007+BMW+525)

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 70% of MSRP – .00065 Money Factor Buy Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 60% of MSRP – .00065 Money Factor Buy Rate
    48 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 39% of MSRP – .00322 Money Factor Buy Rate
    60 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 31% of MSRP – .00322 Money Factor Buy Rate

2007 BMW 5 Series 525xi / Instantly Compare Lease Payments HERE (http://www.leasecompare.com/quick_lease_quotes.php?ModelYear=2007&MakeID=100&Mo- delID=135&StyleID=108&vehicle=2007+BMW+525)

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 70% of MSRP – .00140 Money Factor Buy Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 60% of MSRP – .00140 Money Factor Buy Rate
    48 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 40% of MSRP – .00322 Money Factor Buy Rate
    60 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 32% of MSRP – .00322 Money Factor Buy Rate

2007 BMW 5 Series 530i / Instantly Compare Lease Payments HERE (http://www.leasecompare.com/quick_lease_quotes.php?ModelYear=2007&MakeID=100&Mo- delID=135&StyleID=110&vehicle=2007+BMW+530)

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 70% of MSRP – .00090 Money Factor Buy Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 60% of MSRP – .00090 Money Factor Buy Rate

2007 BMW 5 Series 530xi / Instantly Compare Lease Payments HERE (http://www.leasecompare.com/quick_lease_quotes.php?ModelYear=2007&MakeID=100&Mo- delID=135&StyleID=113&vehicle=2007+BMW+530)

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 70% of MSRP – .00160 Money Factor Buy Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 60% of MSRP – .00160 Money Factor Buy Rate

2007 BMW 5 Series 530xiT / Instantly Compare Lease Payments HERE (http://www.leasecompare.com/quick_lease_quotes.php?ModelYear=2007&MakeID=100&Mo- delID=135&StyleID=116&vehicle=2007+BMW+530)

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 70% of MSRP – .00125 Money Factor Buy Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 60% of MSRP – .00125 Money Factor Buy Rate
    48 mo/15k mi – Residua
    2007 BMW 5 Series 530xiT / Instantly Compare Lease Payments HERE (http://www.leasecompare.com/quick_lease_quotes.php?ModelYear=2007&MakeID=100&Mo- delID=135&StyleID=116&vehicle=2007+BMW+530)

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 70% of MSRP – .00125 Money Factor Buy Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 60% of MSRP – .00125 Money Factor Buy Rate
    60 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 30% of MSRP – .00322 Money Factor Buy Rate

2007 BMW 5 Series 550i / Instantly Compare Lease Payments HERE (http://www.leasecompare.com/quick_lease_quotes.php?ModelYear=2007&MakeID=100&Mo- delID=135&StyleID=130&vehicle=2007+BMW+550)

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 70% of MSRP – .00150 Money Factor Buy Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 59% of MSRP – .00150 Money Factor Buy Rate

2007 BMW 5 Series M5 / Instantly Compare Lease Payments HERE (http://www.leasecompare.com/quick_lease_quotes.php?ModelYear=2007&MakeID=100&Mo- delID=135&StyleID=150&vehicle=2007+BMW+M5)

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 69% of MSRP – .00322 Money Factor Buy Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 57% of MSRP – .00322 Money Factor Buy Rate
    48 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 45% of MSRP – .00322 Money Factor Buy Rate

2007 BMW 6 Series 650CiC Convertible / Instantly Compare Lease Payments HERE (http://www.leasecompare.com/quick_lease_quotes.php?ModelYear=2007&MakeID=100&Mo- delID=145&StyleID=130&vehicle=2007+BMW+650)

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 70% of MSRP – .00322 Money Factor Buy Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 60% of MSRP – .00322 Money Factor Buy Rate
    48 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 50% of MSRP – .00322 Money Factor Buy Rate
    60 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 41% of MSRP – .00322 Money Factor Buy Rate

2007 BMW 6 Series M6 Convertible / Instantly Compare Lease Payments HERE (http://www.leasecompare.com/quick_lease_quotes.php?ModelYear=2007&MakeID=100&Mo- delID=145&StyleID=155&vehicle=2007+BMW+M6)

36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 60% of MSRP – .00322 Money Factor Buy Rate
    48 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 50% of MSRP – .00322 Money Factor Buy Rate
    60 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 41% of MSRP – .00322 Money Factor Buy Rate

2007 BMW 6 Series 650Ci Coupe / Instantly Compare Lease Payments HERE (http://www.leasecompare.com/quick_lease_quotes.php?ModelYear=2007&MakeID=100&Mo- delID=145&StyleID=110&vehicle=2007+BMW+650)

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 64% of MSRP – .00322 Money Factor Buy Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 53% of MSRP – .00322 Money Factor Buy Rate
    60 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 36% of MSRP – .00322 Money Factor Buy Rate

2007 BMW 6 Series M6 Coupe / Instantly Compare Lease Payments HERE (http://www.leasecompare.com/quick_lease_quotes.php?ModelYear=2007&MakeID=100&Mo- delID=145&StyleID=150&vehicle=2007+BMW+M6)

36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 59% of MSRP – .00322 Money Factor Buy Rate
    48 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 48% of MSRP – .00322 Money Factor Buy Rate
    60 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 40% of MSRP – .00322 Money Factor Buy Rate

2007 BMW 7 Series 750i Sedan / Instantly Compare Lease Payments HERE (http://www.leasecompare.com/quick_lease_quotes.php?ModelYear=2007&MakeID=100&Mo- delID=160&StyleID=110&vehicle=2007+BMW+750)

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 68% of MSRP – .00200 Money Factor Buy Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 58% of MSRP – .00200 Money Factor Buy Rate
    48 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 36% of MSRP – .00322 Money Factor Buy Rate

2007 BMW 7 Series 750i Sedan w/Individual

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 63% of MSRP – .00322 Money Factor Buy Rate
    48 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 32% of MSRP – .00322 Money Factor Buy Rate
    60 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 25% of MSRP – .00322 Money Factor Buy Rate

2007 BMW 7 Series 750Li Sedan / Instantly Compare Lease Payments HERE (http://www.leasecompare.com/quick_lease_quotes.php?ModelYear=2007&MakeID=100&Mo- delID=160&StyleID=115&vehicle=2007+BMW+750)

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 68% of MSRP – .00200 Money Factor Buy Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 58% of MSRP – .00200 Money Factor Buy Rate
    48 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 36% of MSRP – .00322 Money Factor Buy Rate

2007 BMW 7 Series 750Li Sedan w/Individual

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 63% of MSRP – .00322 Money Factor Buy Rate
    48 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 32% of MSRP – .00322 Money Factor Buy Rate
    60 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 25% of MSRP – .00322 Money Factor Buy Rate

2007 BMW 7 Series 760Li Sedan / Instantly Compare Lease Payments HERE (http://www.leasecompare.com/quick_lease_quotes.php?ModelYear=2007&MakeID=100&Mo- delID=160&StyleID=120&vehicle=2007+BMW+760)

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 57% of MSRP – .00322 Money Factor Buy Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 47% of MSRP – .00322 Money Factor Buy Rate
    48 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 35% of MSRP – .00322 Money Factor Buy Rate

2007 BMW 7 Series 760Li Sedan w/Individual

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 54% of MSRP – .00322 Money Factor Buy Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 44% of MSRP – .00322 Money Factor Buy Rate
    48 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 33% of MSRP – .00322 Money Factor Buy Rate
    60 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 27% of MSRP – .00322 Money Factor Buy Rate

2007 BMW 7 Series Alpina B7 Sedan / Instantly Compare Lease Payments HERE (http://www.leasecompare.com/quick_lease_quotes.php?ModelYear=2007&MakeID=100&Mo- delID=160&StyleID=130&vehicle=2007+BMW+Alpina)

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 58% of MSRP – .00322 Money Factor Buy Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 49% of MSRP – .00322 Money Factor Buy Rate
    48 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 35% of MSRP – .00322 Money Factor Buy Rate
    60 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 28% of MSRP – .00322 Money Factor Buy Rate

2007 BMW X3 Wagon 3.0si 4WD / Instantly Compare Lease Payments HERE (http://www.leasecompare.com/quick_lease_quotes.php?ModelYear=2007&MakeID=100&Mo- delID=170&StyleID=120&vehicle=2007+BMW+X3)

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 75% of MSRP – .00200 Money Factor Buy Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 65% of MSRP – .00200 Money Factor Buy Rate

2007 BMW X5 4dr Wagon 3.0
  • kargokargo Member Posts: 1
    Please evaluate the following: We are in the NYC Metro Area. The car: '07 BMW 530xi. Options: Automatic, Premium Package, Cold Weather, Satellite Radio. MSRP: $54,815. Selling price: $52,970. 36 mos/12K mi. Tax paid upfront. $0 down payment. Total due at signing: $4,058 including sales tax, bank fee ($625), security deposit and 1st payment. Monthly lease payment: $666.00. They say that multiple security deposits are "not available in New York" and that they are using a money factor of .0016. Is this deal o.k.? Thank you very much.
  • misterj1misterj1 Member Posts: 1
    I ordered a 2007 550i last week

• Monaco Blue
    • Gray Leather
    • Anthracite Wood Trim
    • Sports Package
    • Cold Weather
    • Navigation
    • Split Folding Rear Seat

MF .00150
    Dep Factor .59

MSRP $65,320
    Negotiated Price $63,270 (probably could have done marginally better, but I was lazy)

36mo/15,000 miles per year

$950 per mo

Taxes & Fees in

$2100 down – for 1st & last mo. pmts + tags & inspection
  • pelterpelter Member Posts: 6
    Quick question: I qualified for the Dec BMW MF and was just curious if the 5 series MFs we've seen as of late (.0005 - .00065) are pretty regularly seen over the course of the year? In other words, are these MFs unprecedented or do they tend to come and go?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Dave
  • gunner14gunner14 Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking for a 530i with few options for a 15k/2 yr lease. I was disappointed when MF rates went up in Jan but all things considered still not bad.

1) Is it reasonable to get the negotiated price in my lease to be less than MSRP if I order a car to my specs to be delivered to my local dealer? Or is real negotiating room only on the cars on the lot? (I can't find anything close to what I want on the lots in South Florida.)

2) Does anyone know how much time is left to order a 2007 model before factory starts producing new model year? One dealer told me I only have a few days left.

3) Is the BMW MF buy rate the best I'll get w/o additional security deposits?

4) Do you always pay the $625 acq fee upfront on a lease?

5) If not bothered about having 2007 vs. 2008 model, is this going to be the best time (price-wise) to lease a 5-series for a while?

Thanks for all the information on this site. I've learned a lot already.

Tom
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,055
    1) Yes.. negotiate a discount.. $2K off MSRP seems about average.

2) Your dealer may be correct. I've heard that the '08s will be here in March.

3) Yes.. the buy rate is the cheapest.

4) You don't always have to pay it upfront. But, you have to pay it. It can be rolled into the CAP cost.

5) If I were leasing, I wouldn't wait..

Good luck,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• crzycool22crzycool22 Member Posts: 18
    Looking to lease a 2007 525i with Leatherette, cold pkg, fold down seat. MSRP $46,695. (my current BMW lease expires in March)

best quote is 30 months at $540 per month (10K miles per year) Dealer wants $1500 down for fees. the MF is .00085 and the cap cost is $44,700 which includes $500 corp discount through my corporation, so dealer is only discounting about $1,400. Car must be ordered. Can I do better? Looking for $520 per month and $700 down at signing, can this be achieved?

How long does a credit application thru BMW last?

2nd quote was with dealer who I was approved through BMWFS at end of Dec, dealer says application expires after 60 days and a car can't be delivered at those terms after expiration. deal is $520 per month $700 down .0005 MF. my 1st pmt would be due before current lease expires - will BMW waive last pmt? Also, dealer wants a $2,000 deposit to order vehicle. Should I put thatlarge a deposit?

Please help!
    Thank you
    BMW seems to go up to about 3% discount before corporate discounts or other terms (like e.g. trade-ins). So, discount looks standard for ordered vehicle.

Deposit seems high, I had to put down $1000 for a fully loaded 550i in Chapel Hill, NC. However, since you get it back when the car arrives, the "damage" is only of temporary nature.

I too was told, that a a specific lease offer expires after 60 days, which is roughly the time it takes to get the car here. So, the timing of locking the best rate in is relevant, since you will be protected against hikes and benefit from lower rates as long as you are in the 60 day window. All bets seem to be off after that.

Good luck!
  • joetallyhojoetallyho Member Posts: 3
    Picked up my 07 530i last Friday. I felt I had gathered enough information from this forum and the price forum to learn about my first lease ever and my first BMW ever. And we just love the car. Thanks to kyfx and Carman and all posters for your help. In addition to getting a fair price, I was able to knock $200 of the acquisition fee, and lower my rates with the MSDs - which the CA never offered until I asked.

Did I say we really, really love the car! We traded in a 20 year Acura Legend L which was one major repair from the junkyard waiting to happen, so all the neat creature comforts are pretty cool. We had shopped the NYC and Philly car shows and the one brand we did not shop was BMW, I was convinced I would buy one of the Japanese luxury types. But, the Ultimate Service features and the lease deals made me look closer at BMW and in almost every category, BMW came out ahead.

Car: Monica Blue/Beige (lots of people raved over this color) Premium, Cold Weather, NAV, and Logic7 (got all-weather mats, rear bumper reflectors thrown in).

Deal: $1,500 over invoice (Southern NJ, Philly ares). 7 total security deposits (1+6). 36mo/10K. No money down. Dec MF with 6 MSDs = .00005. Total monthly payments with NJ 7% tax plus upfront "luxury tax" (.4% for amt. over $45K)= $537.33

Also found out that if you buy extra miles at $0.16/mile and you don't use it all, you get refunds on unused mileage. If I went with 12K, I would not get refunded the 1K which I will not use (based on my last car's mileage usage). So, for me going with the lower 10K and paying at $0.16 makes sense.

Thanks again.

Joe
  • sixpaqssixpaqs Member Posts: 21
    Gunner14,

I just picked up a 530i that I ordered in November at Lauderdale BMW. They were excellent. I live in Miami, and got a much better deal with them in Lauderdale than I could with either of the dealers in Miami. To answer some of your questions:

I ordered the car to my specs, and negotiated everything via email before I finalized the order. I met the salesman for the first time when I went to pick up the car. They were extremely professional, and without haggling, they were offering me about $2K off MSRP.

I got a 530i with the manual trans, the premium package, and satellite radio. 36 months, 15K miles per year, no money down, no acquisition fee (just 1 security deposit of $650, first month's payment, and tags). My payment including taxes is $624. I asked about the acquisition fee, and they told me it wasn't required.

I would think that the 2007 models are going to be very well priced until they start building the 2008s. If you are okay with the 2007 (like I was), go for it. You can't beat the deal. If you want my guy's specifics at Lauderdale BMW, just email me and I will be happy to give you his name. It was the most pleasant buying experience I have ever had.
  • marcomanmarcoman Member Posts: 4
    Dealer in Northern Calif. offered me $55,000 for a 2007 530i with Sport Pkg, Logic 7 Sound, Premium Package and heated seats. Money Factor of .0013, 12,000 miles and 62% residual pmt of $664 w/tax=$719 for 36 mos. lease. Cost to Drive off of $1,985...so I assmue from the listings above I could do much better.
    After reading these posts, it boils down to 3 things: Negotiate the lowest price which is about $2000 below sticker. Get the best Money Factor which is the BMW buy rate. Don't let the dealer make more money off you by giving a higher M.F. Demand the buy rate(posted in above messages) or at least very close to it. Lastly, don't let them get away with increasing the acquisition fee from $625 to $825. If your dealer won't do these things, go elsewhere. There are several leasing companies who will go out and get the buy rate, a great price, and will deliver (for a small fee of course.) If you go into the dealer knowledgeable about these three items you should get the best lease rate available. Good luck.
  • skobolaskobola Member Posts: 207
    I have had a pretty good experience with a NY dealer. E-mail me so I can direct you to him...
  • skobolaskobola Member Posts: 207
    Well, I know what you are talking about because I also live in Miami and neither South nor Braman are pricing-friendly when it comes to leasing a Bimmer. Anyway, I got my last Bimmer through a dealer in NY, and Ft. L would be much closer, especially if they do not pull all the price increases as it seems that it is a fashion in Miami. Surprisingly enough, if one looks at the Ft. L.'s adverts in the paper, it seems that they are exactly the same as the others in South Florida... Please, e-mail me the info. Thanks.
  • doctorelydoctorely Member Posts: 10
    Six Paqs,

I just put an order in for almost the same exact car. I have a lease rate almost identical as well, except I am getting the Steptronic trans. Included in my capitalized cost is the acquisition fee which is $825 (not 625) at the same dealer (Ft Lauderdale) as well as the charming dealer prep fee of $499 (full tank of gas and detailing a brand new car) which I found infuriating, but they would not budge on this.
    The best way to figure out what you are paying is to ask for the capitalized cost. My guess is that you will find the missing $1324 in there. Anyway, to get a couple grand off with a car that they can barely keep in stock seems good and I bit the bullet.
    But, the 2008 will be here in the summer. Any idea on the MSRP or the anticipated money factor? Since my car comes in in March I wonder if I should just wait for the 2008?
    Happy Driving
  • sixpaqssixpaqs Member Posts: 21
    Doctorely,

I checked my paperwork when I read your reply, but no, my capitalized cost was $48590, exactly $2K under MSRP. And there was no dealer prep or acquisition fee. I specifically asked about the acquisition fee, and they told me there was none. My inceptions were first payment, a $650 security deposit, and $150 for tags and taxes. Came out to $1496.

Since I wanted mine with the manual trans, I had to order it, and to be honest, I love the car. I just got out of a MB, and this car is such a better drive. I was looking at the new X5's, but the lease rates were horrendous. They told me that BMWFS were not supporting the X5 with any special money rates, and it was a ripoff, though it is a beautiful car/truck. I anticipate that when the 2008 5's come out, they will be in a similar situation, though who knows? As for MSRP, I guess it will be about $1500-$2000 higher, but they haven't announced anything yet.

Good luck with your decision.
This discussion has been closed.