Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

BMW 5-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    bruiseraexbruiseraex Member Posts: 9
    I don't understand your post.

Are you saying that I should blame the salesman or dealership for leasing me a brand new car that manufacturer screwed up on? Or that I implied that he might not support me if I ran into further problems?

1. the salesman did not produce the car. the dealership handled the problem within their normal guidelines and quickly too. Certainly I was not happy that I was inconvenienced and would not have put up with improper service or lack of concern on their part.
    2. if the car came back to me in an unsatisfactory condition, I would expect his support in handling my potential dissatisfaction. Some salesmen do get lazy and try to brush off tough issues after the sale and I made sure he understood that I wasn't going to accept that
    3. I didn't get too pissed because I got a service rental 535i that I got to drive really hard for a day to see how it handled.
    4. I only leased my car for 2 years, I didn't buy it for the long haul. If reliability was my primary concern, I would have gotten the cushy Lexus LS460 that I was also considering.
    5. BMW's (the manufacturer) screwup cost them $900 since I got a nice dinner and a restful Saturday night stay at the Ritz Carlton near where my car broke down and have a nice $100 Sunday champagne brunch and a leisurely Sunday $200 hired car ride home courtesy of Travel Interruption Reimbursement program that comes with BMW Assist.

Or are you saying that you're astonished that I would improperly think that the salesman might think I'd be angry with him for a problem that you feel he is not personally responsible for? There are plenty of customers that do this and give their salesmen a bad rating in the follow up survey that can affect their financial compensation for months since many dealerships tie customer satisfaction ratings directly to the salesmen's compensation.
  • Options
    jeqqjeqq Member Posts: 221
    What's not to understand. You may think you are reasonable, others may not.

Heck, if I ever break down I'd hit a brothel or two, to hell with the Ritz.
  • Options
    barkowbarkow Member Posts: 5
    premium package
    sport package
    comfort access
    ipod
    Sirius radio
    sport steering wheel mounted paddle shifters
    MSRP is 57,570 purchase price 55,185 in South Florida
    36 month 12.000 miles residual value 62%
    Money factor .00215 ( told this is a march special)
    lease price 761.51 plus fl 7% tax
    no upfront except ist month, 599 acqusition fee plus state tax and fee of about 250
  • Options
    bosco42bosco42 Member Posts: 20
    looking for the best deal to lease a 2008 535xi in Long Island/NY area...any recommendations would be appreciated..
  • Options
    lengelberglengelberg Member Posts: 6
    I was quoted the following--528xi--Premium, Cold Weather,USB. 36 month 15K no money down. Msrp 50725 CC49100--$760 including tax (8.625%). It still seems a bit high compared to invoice (46700), but I don't know how much further they will deal.
  • Options
    asifalimasifalim Member Posts: 2
    I have got the similar car (528xi, GPS, Cold Weather and Premium) with Xenon light extra for 2950 down (taxes upfront+first month deposit + other fees) and 598/month. 10K miles per year for 24 months. After I negotiated a lot I have got this offer. I got this from a Northern NJ dealer.

Thanks!
  • Options
    bimmeresqbimmeresq Member Posts: 15
    bruiseraex: That is a GREAT deal! I live in Southern California and would love to give business to your dealer. Can you please refer me to your salesman and dealer? My email address is joseesq@sbcglobal.net Thank you.
  • Options
    starr5050starr5050 Member Posts: 2
    Hey,

Thanks for the reply. I was talking to a dealer and they told me that if you know someone that has had a lease or financed their car through BMW Finacial (with certain criteria) I can qualify for owner loyalty. (They obviousley need to co-sign) Based on that my quote would be 541 a month for 30 months and 3657 out of pocket. I should be able to get the out of pocket number down by getting them to eliminate the bank fee.

528xi Premium, GPS, Cold Weather and Sirius.

What do you think?
  • Options
    x021627x021627 Member Posts: 152
    i got a similar car, 528xi, premium, cold, usb, xenons and navi.. I got $649 including tax for 36 months 12K mi per, no money down. I'm in NJ. I think you can do better.
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi barkow. The $2,500 dealer cash that was available on certain 5-Series models in February was available in all states. That offer is no longer available in March. It was replaced by new, lower lease money factors.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Options
    Here's the information that you're looking for, echiu. BMW Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 535i with 10,000 miles per year are .00190 and 74%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00190 and 63%. BMW FS' buy rate and residual for a 24 month lease of an '08 550i with 10,000 miles per year are .00210 and 72%. Its 36 month numbers are .00210 and 62%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi skobola. The $2,500 dealer cash that was available on certain 5-Series models in February is no longer available in March. It was replaced by new, lower lease money factors. I believe that BMW FS' is providing a reduction in the 5-Series' money factors for loyal customers, but if I am not mistaken it is less this month than it was in February.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi barkow. The car that you described probably has a spread of around $4,500 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. You were quoted a discount of $2,385. The market for new vehicles in South Florida is particularly bad right now. Add this to the fact that the 5-Series can't exactly be flying off of dealers' lots if BMW has to keep enhancing its incentives and I suspect that you may be able to negotiate a lower selling price than this. Furthermore, BMW Financial Services' new special buy rate lease money factor for this car is only .00190 for customers who pay a security deposit at lease signing. Make sure that the dealer you are working with uses this factor to calculate your payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    barkowbarkow Member Posts: 5
    Car Man, what is the residual and money factor for a 535i for 36 months 12,000 miles. I am shopping dealers ad they are not showing the same MF. Does a security deposit decrease the money factor?
  • Options
    ctshorsectshorse Member Posts: 13
    just got back from first dealer visit. Getting out of a 2006 530i lease in a few months and want to get a 2008 535i or xi. Here is my first offer from my local dealer for an order to be placed in 3 weeks.

2008 535i
    prem package
    cold weather package
    nav
    sirius

MSRP: 55,520
    Sale Price: 54,000
    Claimed invoice price: 51,950

30 mos lease
    zero down
    $689 before tax

assuming the invoice price is correct (i confirmed with edmunds at Edmunds Dealer Invoices )then its a +$2K over invoice deal.

Sounds high. Based on what I've read in here so far, am I out of line thinking the Sale Price should be closer to 52,000 than 54,000?

The security deposit is getting rolled over from current lease and the MF is .0018.

Deal or No Deal?
  • Options
    maswanson2maswanson2 Member Posts: 2
    Please comment on the following quote that I received today. MSRP $52,375
    Discounted to $50,375. 1500 cash down which is $316 Cap Reduction. Adjusted Cap Cost is $50884. Monthly Payment is $688.32 per month with 12,000 miles for 24 months. He used 75% LEV and .00205 money factor. Thanks, Mike
  • Options
    tmasjrtmasjr Member Posts: 30
    Just to confirm the deal I got:

MSRP 45475

1500 down

598w/tx for 24 months

WHAT DO YOU THINK? Are BMW dealers desperate? We went back in forth for a week with two dealers.
  • Options
    maswanson2maswanson2 Member Posts: 2
    I have a quote on a 528I and would like to know what some of you think about this offer. It is MSRP $52375, Selling Price is $49,675. Residual is 75% MF is .00205. 24Mo/12K per yr with 3500 down is $569 per month plus tax. Please let me know if this is a good deal. Mike
  • Options
    car_rmcar_rm Member Posts: 47
    maswanson2-

It is never a good idea to put money down on a lease. You would be better off using the $3500 for buying down the MF with multiple security deposits. The MF they are quoting is buy rate + .00015 for a new customer not paying the security deposit. Each additional security deposit will reduce the MF by .00007 and you get the money back at the end of the lease.
  • Options
    slrussdslrussd Member Posts: 2
    I was just quoted the following lease deal in CT on a 528xi

2008 528xi
    premium
    cold
    nav
    msrp = $52,300
    $5000 down (includes 1st mo, security, dealer fee, down pymt)
    30 months
    10k miles
    pymt: $495 + tax

seems like a pretty good deal....what do you think?
  • Options
    jmgoldsmithjmgoldsmith Member Posts: 18
    Fully equipped 528i
    MSRP: $54,700
    Dealer Invoice: $50,225
    Purchase Price: $51,025 ($800 over invoice)
    Net Cap Cost: $53,205 (destination charge, MACO, training / service fee & bank fee)

Money Factor: 0.0020 (4.80%)
    Lease Term: 36 Months
    Annual Miles: 12,000
    Residual Value: 62%
    Monthly Lease Payment: $697.71 (plus tax)

Total Drive-Off Cost: $2,023.51 (documentation fee, security deposit, license / registration & first month's lease payment)

Is this a good deal? Can I get a better money factor or purchase price? Please advise.
  • Options
    smithsongasmithsonga Member Posts: 123
    these deals get very confusing, but my thoughts:

the net cap cost seems steep over and above the purchase price. Typically it is ACQ fee ($699?) plus dealer doc fee (ranges from $299 to $499 around here). My 528i had a msrp of around 52000. agreed upon price was 48821.04, gross cap cost of 49745.

In Dec they had a $1000 cash to be applied, which went straight to a reduced cap cost (thus new cap cost of 48745). My dealer actually took some of their fees away and reduced my cap cost by $475 more...so net cap cost was 48269.

I did 24 months, 10k miles, 75% residual, $600/month including 7% tax.

I paid $1800 upfront...$600 1st month, $600 security dep, $21 title/tag fees. $103 sales tax on cap cost reduction, 475 cap cost reduction (no dealer fees, so this was cap cost reduction).

Whew..is there still the $2500 cash reduction on new 5-series?

2-year leases on 528i are better residual than 3yr.
  • Options
    demarcomdemarcom Member Posts: 5
    Just happened to stop at the BMW dealer after getting shocked at the lexus dealer on a GS350 for $800 a month.

I got quoted 50100, for a 53900 car, which equated to just about 500 over invoice. This is a car that needs to be ordered.

Heres where I have questions. Quote was $729 per month with about 1,900 down including tags (NJ expenside), security of 750, and bank fee+ first month payment.

It's for 36 months 15K miles. If I used the factors I have found on the forum here, I come up with money factor of .0019 and resid of 60% and I'll use 58% as a buffer for the 15k miles. I come up with a payment of only $634 give or take.

Do they play games with residuals and money factors? What should the factors be considering the model and milage and term???

Thanks so much, this is why the Internet is great!!!
  • Options
    Advise on the following as I am trying to take delivery on Saturday. Please advise as to the terms:

$1500 Down
    $567w/tax X 24 months
    10k miles

These are the numbers the dealer sent me in an email;
    MSRP $45,475
    Sales Price $42,522.
    Money Factor .00205 without a Security Deposit
    Residual 76% (10k miles) = $34561

I also got him to throw in a Stereo with Sirius SAT, I think a $595 MSRP option/$540 Invoice.

Do you think I can do better? Anyone have insight in AZ?

Thanks, much appreciated.
  • Options
    demarcom,

The numbers the dealer gave you make sense based on a .0023 MF (60% residual) and NJ sales tax on the rental protion of the payment. They have marked up the MF to the max they are allowed. at .0019, you would be about $695. Also, with the lease inception fee, the base is $625 and they can try to mark that up to as much as $825.

Good luck.
  • Options
    BTW: New Jersey charges tax on both portions of the payment. this was a change from 10/2005 when they did not. This information can be found on the NJ State Website if you do a search under auto leasing laws.

OP: be careful about checking the numbers when you go to do the deal. I wasn't feeling well on the day I picked up my car and although the numbers were slightly off from what I had been figuring out, I signed anyway since the other key components were correct. Looks like they marked up the MF about .00033 from what I was originally quoted when I placed the order. You will notice that the MF doesn't show up on any of the paperwork you sign. I'm thinking about contacting my dealer to discuss although I realize I should just remember not to sign deals on days when you have the flu. It's a $850 lesson for me. Not sure if they were trying to rip me off or if it was an honest mistake on their part.
  • Options
    newtonguy1newtonguy1 Member Posts: 9
    Does BMW use an unusual formula for calculating lease payments?

I have been dealing with two different dealerships in Massachusetts. Both have given me the residual and the money factor they purport to be using, but the monthly lease payments seem higher than they should be.

I am proposing to lease a 2008 535xi for 36 months, with a 15,000 mile allowance (12,000 would be fine, too). The car would have to be ordered.

With options, the MSRP is $58,770. Invoice is $54,070, and I offered $2,000 over invoice, or $56,070, with no money down and $400 to cover tags, title and everything else they want to charge me for (this is slightly more than what one of the dealers said it would charge). I think this is a fair deal. Massachusetts tax is 5%.

One dealership offered 63% residual (I thought the March rate was 60%) and MF of 0.0019. It calculated a monthly payment of $865.50. With the dealer's numbers, the imputed price they are offering would seem to be above MSRP.

The other dealership offered 67% residual (on a 30 or 36 month lease; its quote is not clear), a MF of 0.0019 and calculated a monthly payment of $855.66.

I calculate $741.20 based on my offer (monthly depreciation of $529.03, finance charges of $176.88 and tax of $35.30). I calculate the finance charge as = (negotiated price + residual value) * MF.

I used the same methodology with an Infiniti dealer, and our numbers matched almost exactly (within a few pennies).

Any advice or suggestions?

One question I have is how the mileage allowance (12,000 vs. 15,000) affects these calculations.

Thanks for any help!
  • Options
    newtonguy1newtonguy1 Member Posts: 9
    Not sure if you are still looking, but I am looking at a similar vehicle. Assuming you negotiate a price of $2200 below MSRP (and ignoring the $2600 of excess mileage), I think your payments would be around $750-$760/mo with no money down and assuming you pay all the other costs (documentation, tags, etc.) at closing.
  • Options
    slrussdslrussd Member Posts: 2
    Hi all,
    I just got the following lease deal in CT (picking car up Tuesday!)

08 528xi (w/ Nav, cold, premium pkg.)
    MSRP: $52,225
    sales price: $49,245
    MF: .00190
    upfront payment: $5000 ($3560 cash cap reduction, 1st mo pymt, doc fee, reg, security)
    30 mo. lease, 10k miles yr
    monthly payment: $489 + tax
    It looks like the sales price is very close to invoice. Does anyone think this is a good deal?
  • Options
    One thing I have learned and saw on all leasing boards is that ou should never, never, ever, but mone down toward a cap reduction, since if your vehicle is totaled, you have lost $3560 that you will never see again. Money would have been better spend as MSD's which would lower your MF and you would get back at the end of the lease.

Your payment is low because you are making the down payment. :mad:
  • Options
    econ101econ101 Member Posts: 4
    Hi all, thanks for your expert opinions in advance, please let me know if this quote make sense:

MSRP: $54,950
    Existing BMW Financial customer

Dealer gave me the first quote that looks like this:

24 month, $812.55/m (tax included) with $1,280.13 drive off (we pay $1,000 for you, your balance is $280.13).
    24 month, $733.63/m (tax included) with $3,000 drive off (we pay $1,000 for you, your balance is $2,000).

Then I said I already have another quote (not quite yet) and told him not to waste time and just be upfront, then I got this:

24 month, 76% Residual, 10k mi/yr, $1177.36 drive off, $718.78/m (tax 8.5% included).

Should I go for this or should I continue shopping! Thanks again!
  • Options
    econ101,

There is not enough information here - what is the negotiated selling price of the car, money factor that they are using? You also need to know the lease acquisition fee ($625 or $825). You can reduce the money factor by .00015 if you pay the security fee.

Car_rm
  • Options
    econ101econ101 Member Posts: 4
    Thank you so much, Car rm. I was given the selling price of $51,850. I did ask for the money factor and the lease acquisition fee from the saleman and am still waiting for the info. Seems like he's reluctant to give those numbers to me.
  • Options
    asteinbergasteinberg Member Posts: 138
    In the past, CarMan was incredibly helpful to me. Thanks to him and Pacific BMW in Glendale, I had a quick, easy, efficient leasing experience on my 530i.
    The BMW performs well, but the company is behind the curve with its I-Drive and antiquated navigation system. Still, I'm actually considering 535i, because it resolved some key 530i problems (somewhat better NAV w/integrated live traffic; memory buttons for radio and AM-FM-satellite band-switching; voice recognition that actually works--I'm told). Mileage worse than Lexus GS350 with more value, but lease terms not so great, and BMW has free maintenance (w/brakes!). Still prefer NAV and other user friendly items on Lexus, Infiniti and other alternatives I'm exploring.
    As long as I can avoid my local dealer here in Calabasas (So Calif), I may give BMW another chance!
    Questions--
    (1) Given the slowness of the auto market, how close to invoice does 530i go?
    (2) Does BMW offer financing deals, or just leasing deals?
    (3) Other than premium, sports, comfort access, navigation, sirius satellite radio, does anyone reading this recommend any options ...especially if they are perosonally familiar with them? If I go beyond the above, I must special order:
    (4) Are head-up display and night vision use mere toys or useful? (Seems odd that night vision visible only in NAV system.)
    (5) Is rear door side impact airbag safe, or a threat to kids?
    (6) power rear &manual side sunshades worth the money to keep the kids happy?
    (7) any other options truly worthwhile and worth the money?
    (8) Last time, I did 24 mo, cheaper per mo than 36. Now, 36 slightly higher. I still think 24 mo, to save buying 4 costly fun-flat tires.
    (8a) FINALLY -- does anyone know what the Money Factor will be for 535i for APRIL for 12000, 24mo, 36 mo, and, possibly for 15000. If I go BMW, I could buy/lease Mon/3-31 or wait until Tues/4-1, if MF different.
    (8b) IF I special order, due to other items, I'd use March MF or June MF, whichever is lower. My guess is June MF would be lower. Thoughts?
  • Options
    Hello barkow. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 BMW 535i Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00210 and 61%, respectively. You have to make one security deposit to get this factor. If you opt to have your car's security deposit waived, the factor will increase by .00015. You can make additional security deposits if you would like to lower your car's money factor. Every additional deposit that you make after the first, up to a maximum of seven will reduce your car's money factor by .00007.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi ctshorse. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, there definitely is a very good chance that you will be able to do better than $2,000 over invoice on a 535i. Make sure to stop by the "BMW 5-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion to see how much other community members have reported paying for similar cars lately. The money factor that you were quoted looks good.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi Mike. The car that you are interested in, a 2008 BMW 528i, probably has a spread of around $4,000 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. That puts the price that you were quoted at right around $2,000 over dealer invoice. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, I would not be surprised if you were able to do better than that. the money factor that you were quoted looks good though. It is right in line with BMW Financial Services' current buy rate for a 24 month lease of this car with a waived security deposit.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    asteinbergasteinberg Member Posts: 138
    535i -- invoice + $800.
    MF 190 reduced to 131 via maximum refundable deposit
    2 yr, 73% residual.
    I had this agreement, but dealership tried to add $360 (via addl lease payments).
    You know -- it's not the amount of money, it's just the principle.
    Very disheartening; eventually, it honored agreed-upon email price.
    A friend wanted a BMW but he saw the devious number crunching and now leans toward a different brand, or a different dealer.
    Too bad -- I wanted to do him a favor, and do the dealer a favor.
    Often in years past, I've recommended a dealer to others
    Car man: One argument for 2 yrs was to avoid likely replacement of four run flat tires at $1600-$1800. A 3 yr lease mileage would end up with that extra cost.
    I went w/BMW for performance, despite dysfunctional I-Drive and substandard navigation system.
    Also, while I avoided dealer in immediate area due to awful service, I went nearby, due to deplorable BMW policy of providing loaners for warranty service only at dealership where you bought/leased it-- unlike all prior luxury brands I bought.
    In theory, I should have little service, due to only a 12000 mile a year, 2 yr lease.
    But, with my 530i, I had various problems, including 2 separate ones where it was in the shop for 2+ weeks; so, I'm glad I returned to the original dealer and had the benefit of a loaner.
    This is a superb transmission and the car takes the road well.
    But I had a negative experience when I turned in my leased BMW 530i last week at dealership in my immediate area; so, when I settled on 535i over other choices like Lexus GS350, I knew I would go to an adjacent area.
  • Options
    Hi tmasjr. The best way to tell if you got a good deal on a leased vehicle is to look at its selling price to see how much of a discount you were given. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Since you never mentioned what your car's selling price is, let's work up a sample lease payment on a similar car that you can use for the sake of comparison. I'll use a base 2008 BMW 528i that has an MSRP of $45,075 and a selling price of $42,530. According to my calculations, if you were to lease this car through BMW Financial Services right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $545. At $2,000 over invoice, the payment for an otherwise identical lease jumps to around $588. So it appears as though your deal is closer to $2,000 over than $1,000 over. If you have comparison shopped with several dealers, this may be as good as it gets in your area, but there is still some room there. Try stopping by the "BMW 5-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi slrussd. I always advise consumers against making large down payments on leased vehicles. Lessees who make large capitalized cost reductions risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. You would be better off not making any sort of cap cost reduction, even though it means that your car's monthly payment will be slightly higher.

Also, you never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of the vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I am sure that either I or another community member will be happy to give you our opinion of this deal if you let us know what the selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi jmgoldsmith. A selling price of $800 over dealer invoice is a good deal on a 2008 528i...but your car's capitalized cost is way too high. How do the charges that the dealer is adding to your deal break down? There's got to be some hidden profit in there somewhere in addition to the required items such as the destination charge or BMW Financial Services' $625 acquisition fee.

The money factor that you mentioned is slightly higher than BMW FS' buy rate for this model. BMW FS' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2008 BMW 528i is .00190 for consumers who pay a security deposit at lease signing. This car's money factor is .00015 higher for non-returning BMW FS lessees who wish to have their security deposits waived.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hello demarcom. $500 over dealer invoice is an outstanding selling price for a 2008 BMW 528xi. I have a strong feeling that the dealer that quoted you this selling price is likely trying to make up for some of the profit that they are losing on the front end of your deal by marking up your car's money factor to add profit to the back-end. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for the '08 528xi is .00190. Make sure that the dealer that you are working with is using this factor to calculate your payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hey tmasjr. I just missed your Saturday deadline, but in case you are still interested I will take a look at this deal. The money factor looks great. It is right in line with BMW Financial Services' buy rate for a 36 month lease of a 2008 528i with a waived security deposit.

As far as the selling price goes, this car probably has a spread of around $3,500 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. The $2,953 discount that you were given on this deal looks excellent to me.

The two main profit centers for dealers look good on this deal. It looks like you did well. Enjoy your new ride :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi newtonguy1. BMW calculates lease payments the same way that most other banks do. Let's work up a lease payment on the car that you are interested in using BMW Financial Services' current lease program and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2008 BMW 535xi that has an MSRP of $58,770 and a selling price of $56,070 (I suspect that you may be able to do even better than $2,000 over invoice if you are in an area that has a decent level of competition) through BMW Financial Services right now for for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $752. I used a money factor of .00190 and a residual value of 60% to calculate this payment. If you were to lease this car with only 12,000 miles per year, its residual value would increase by 2%, lowering the above payment to around $722.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Welcome back asteinberg. I am not intimately familiar with what the market is like for the 5-Series right now, but given the fact that you are in the ultra-competitive Southern California area and the fact that auto sales are pretty slow right now you may want to shoot for a selling price of $1,000 over dealer invoice or better and see what happens. Try stopping by the "BMW 5-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately.

BMW does occasionally offer special financing rates on vehicles, but unfortunately it is not offering any on the 2008 5-Series at this time.

You will have a better chance finding answers to the specific questions that you had about this car's options over in the "BMW 5-Series Sedans" discussion.

Through April 30th, BMW Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 BMW 535i with 15,000 miles per year are .00190 and 71%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00190 and 60%. If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, this car's residual values would be 2% higher. It is difficult to say what BMW's June lease program for this model will be like. Whether BMW enhances its offer on the 5-Series will likely depend upon what its March (due to be published today) and April sales results look like. If sales are weak, it is possible that BMW will enhance its programs.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Congratulations on getting your new 535i, asteinberg. It looks like you got an excellent deal. Thanks for taking the time to share the details with everyone. Sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant experience at your first BMW dealer. You can always share your thoughts on them and the better dealer that you got your new car from by stopping by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com. Enjoy your sweet new ride :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    golfer716golfer716 Member Posts: 1
    I have been trying to lease a 535i in the Dallas area. The dealers here will not come off the MSRP very much and say that the prices on the internet are not the prices in DFW area. My 2 best quotes are

535i sport, nav, prem,
    MSRP $58,875 demo with 2,000 miles
    selling price $$57,000
    term 36 months
    miles 15,000 per year
    MF .0022 (BMW loyal customer included)
    residual .60
    $ down - first month and security - about $1200
    lease - $944

MSRP $56920 prem, nav, some small items - no sport
    selling price $55700
    term 36 months
    miles 15,000 per year
    MF .0022 (BMW loyal customer included)
    residual .60
    $ down - first month and security - about $1200
    lease - $928

This seems very high considering what I see written here - but I've walked away and no budging from the Dealers - any advice??

thanks
    Golfer 716
  • Options
    THANKS. HERE ARE THE FIGURES THAT WERE GIVEN TO ME:

$1500 TOTAL DOWN

24MOS X $567 W/TAX

10K MILES/YEAR

+ SIRIUS SAT RADIO - OPTION 65
  • Options
    browns99browns99 Member Posts: 6
    Hi- We're in Ohio, and considering a BMW 528 ix, I have to say I'm impressed with the promptness of the dealership in replying to my email inquires...they have given the following pricing on the 528 24 month lease (company car) - we wanted 12K mi per yr/0 cap cost/0 trade in ...a sign and drive lease

The residual values at 2 year is 73%
    The MSRP is 51,025 on the 528xi and 53,025 on the 535i

BMW' National Lease Ad takes into consideration an $1100 discount on the
    vehicle - we have shown you $1500 in savings.

Normally on the 24 month program, people have been putting money down on the
    leases to buy the payments down

Our money factor is .00200

You can reduce the money factor by .0007 for each additional sec deposit up
    to 7 additional.

The 3 year residual values are 62% accordingly for a 12K lease -
    528xi a 2 year lease would run
    785/mo with 0 cap cost reduction

We did talk to the salesperson about putting down additional security deposits to reduce the money factor, thanks to this thread...they were very receptive to this idea.
    Hope this is helpful! :)
  • Options
    bears22bears22 Member Posts: 3
    I understand on a lease that you are financing the non-residual price of the vechicle, but I am not sure how the money factor is used. for instance, I just received an offer on a new 2008 535xi ( premium and cold packages) of $53,550 price ( I have asked for the dealer invoice on the vehicle), 12k mileage, 73% residual, monthly of $932 for 24 months, with only sec dep , first month's lease payment and plates out of pocket. I assume, because i am in illinois, that I am also financing sales tax (6.7%) on the full price of the car. Nevertheless, the monthly seems high given the residual. so i must not be using the money factor appropriately. I would appreciate any advice. thanks
This discussion has been closed.