Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

BMW 5-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• petppetp Posts: 43
    makeover for 2011 model year from what ive read.
  • gouclagoucla Posts: 32
    thats great. what city/state you buy this in? Wonder if northern Cal dealers are being aggressive...
  • Sorry about the confusion, tmasjr. BMW Financial Services' 24 month and 36 month money factors are currently exactly the same.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi goucla. Here's the information that you're looking for. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 528i with 15,000 miles per year are .00190 and 73%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00190 and 60%. If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, this car's residual values would be 2% higher.

The money factors for the '08 535i are exactly the same, but its 24 and 36 month residual values are 71% and 60%.

The only other incentive that is available on these cars right now is a special .00010 money factor reduction for current BMW lessees and owners.

Car_man
    Host
  • Goucla, BMW is not currently providing cash incentives on any 2008 5-Series models.

Car_man
    Host
  • Greetings seabassttu. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

You are off to a good start in your negotiations because you are paying attention to what your car's selling price is. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Shop around for the lowest possible selling price that you can get and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your car's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor. It is important that you check to make sure the dealer is using the buy rate. BMW dealers are notorious for marking vehicles' money factors up to add additional hidden profit to deals. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate for a 36 month lease of a 2008 528i is .00190.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi petp. The only way to know for certain whether BMW Financial Services will negotiate your car's lease-end purchase price is to give them a call. If you do not have any luck with your initial contact there, you can always try working your way up the ladder to a manager. Some people have had better luck with that. Having said this, I suspect that BMW FS will not be willing to work with you, but give them a call anyhow. You don't have anything to lose by trying.

Car_man
    Host
  • San Diego, CA - BMW of San Diego
    Hey CarMan - what about the $1900 rebate on the premium package? I see on bimmerfest that some people say its extended until 5/4, others say its over as of 4/30, looking for clarification...
    Anyone know the latest residuals/money factors/incentives for May?
  • lengelberglengelberg Posts: 6
    The BMWUSA web site has higher nominal lease prices on all 5-series models. I suspect there has been a drop in the residual values.
  • It might be residual, but also they are now including premium package by default, which they previously did not on the website factory leases. Therefore, the msrp is also higher.
  • drgumsdrgums Posts: 51
    Any lease deals on 535xi ?
  • bears22bears22 Posts: 3
    thanks
  • The free Premium Package on most 5-Series models is available through June 30th.

Car_man
    Host
  • be02939be02939 Posts: 14
    In my experience, Ralph Fairweather of BMW of Palm Springs was the best price and MF that I could find. BMW of San Diego would not match my deal. I was in Palm Springs over the weekend in Feb.. I had been to two San Diego BMW dealerships and not found very encouraging pricing. I called BMW of Palm Springs not expecting anything different. However, Ralph gave me his best price and MF on the phone. I was at the dealership an hour later and leased a 535.
  • sidv22sidv22 Posts: 1
    I am about to seek quotes on a 528i that has a MSRP of $50.475. I want to lease it for 36 months as my current lease is about to expire and I am going to turn in that BMW. What would be a good deal? How much can I get the MSRP down to? What should the money factor be? Is there any discount for a current BMW Financial Services customer? What is a good number for residual value? Thanks for any help!
  • gocalbearsgocalbears Posts: 2
    Car_Man
    Quick question for you. How do you know the Premium Packages is free on most 5 Series models through June 30? I went to negotiate a lease on a 528i and when we were discussing the pricing I mentioned that the Premium Package was currently free. He said it was not free and had not been free. May not have known what he was talking about, but it would be good to have the information to support my argument if I decide to pull the trigger and negotiate for a 528i.
    Thanks
  • x021627x021627 Posts: 153
    head on another board that the premium package credit is a factory to dealer that they may or may not pass on to the customers. With that said, I would negotiate with that in mind subtracting the credit from invoice and negotiate up. If the dealer you are working with will not work with you, then find another or just threaten to walk.

Good Luck! I have a 528xi and I LOVE IT :D
  • sk1182sk1182 Posts: 7
    Hello everyone,

First time poster here. Had I found this forum earlier, I know I could have gotten a better deal on my 2006 BMW 525i lease (actually my parents own the car but you know what I am saying). I am still fairly new at this car leasing process so any help would be much appreciated.

Let's jump right into the good part. my current lease matures in July '08 and I am strongly leaning towards purchasing the car. I had signed a 3 yr lease back in July '05. Here are the figures I am looking at:

Mileage: 25k (primary reason why I am strongly leaning towards purchasing the car)
    Condition: Excellent
    Residual Value: $28,377.40

I talked with my portfolio manager today and he said the residual value is pretty much set in stone and non-negotiable. He quoted the total purchase price at $31,420.82 including tax, tag, etc (excluding the CPO).

Now following are some of the questions that I could really use help on:

1. Is the residual value really non-negotiable? Any way I can get in contact with BMW FS and negotiate the value?

2. Would you recommened purchasing CPO and adding extended warranty on the car for extra $3000? My mom is the primary driver of the car and she hardly uses up any mileage, thus constant maintenance is not all that necessary.

3. Obviously the portfolio guy tried to goad me into purchasing the car saying if the my car in its current state were to be placed on a lot, it would be priced at 35k-40k. How much would you say my car in its current is really worth in the market right now, and am I getting a good deal in terms of residual vs market?

Checked the Kelley Blue Book website and found the following:

Suggested retail value
    $34,225

Private Party Value
    $28,975 (excel condition)

Any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks a lot guys.
  • netman710netman710 Posts: 3
    Is this a good deal ?

53000.00, options (auto, PP, cold, ipod, nav, mats), MSRP 58,100.

39mo, 56% residual, 12k/yr, 761/mo incl taxes.

3372 due at sign,includes(1st month, SD, bank fees, doc, dealer prep)

:confuse:
  • ctshorsectshorse Posts: 13
    current bmw lease ends july-15
    current pmts 715 after zero down
    2006 - 530i, auto, prem, cold - NOTHING ELSE

current offer for new lease:
    535i 2008
    sport
    sport auto trans w/paddles
    nav
    prem, cold
    logic7 radio
    sat, ipod adap
    power rear shade

msrp $61K

sale price 52,500
    plus paying last month of current lease ending in july

resid 53%
    mf .0017
    1500 down less the last month of current lease
    $717/ mo

It looks like this deal is too good to pass on. I'm not thrilled about the sport package but with that package out, it still looks like a darn good deal. Am I missing something? I was going to order a 535i with same as I have now plus nav and sat and the payments were about the same. This deal is throwing in $6K in options for nothing?

Also, would anyone who has the sport package recommend the sealers suggestion I add a dealer tire warranty?
  • x021627x021627 Posts: 153
    wow......overall except the $1500 down on the lease. One should never put $$$ down, but otherwise. I did get the tire warranty for my 528xi. I put 3 tires in 2 years on a 2005 Lexus (potholes) and that would have more than paid for tire warranty. I would advise, though to either bargain with dealer over tire warranty or get it on your own cheaper.

good luck and et us know what you decide.
  • tmass1tmass1 Posts: 1
    I went to two different dealers recently and was offered two completely different terms and deals. One had a better lease rate and the other was selling the same car for much cheaper. Maybe someone can offer some insight....

I got a quote from one Long Island(NY) dealer for a 528xi with premium pckg, cold weather pckg, and navigation with 12k miles for $51,000(invoice). The dealer said the 30 month(not 36) lease had the best lease rates(69% residual and .00230 mf) and provided numbers of $4,000($1900 tax, first payment $664.20, $162 fees, $650 security deposit, and $625 bank fee) out of pocket and $664.20/month payment

Another Long Island dealer gave me the following quote on a 36 month lease. Same car and options for $47,865(invoice) with a residual of 55% and mf of .00230 for a monthly payment of $675/month and $4270 out of pocket.

The 1st dealer never gave me an option for a 30 month lease which has a far better residual of 69% but he was selling me the car for $3135 cheaper. Was the first dealer mistaken with the 30 month term? I don't see anyone saying the were offered a similar term. I'd like to have some information before I approach each dealer. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
  • pborbpborb Posts: 1
    Got a 528i (premium package, sirius, I pod, xenon) 24 month 12k mile lease for $3500 down at $699/month (plus 7% FL tax), but wrapped into this they took my old 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland :lemon: with 83k miles (plus bad AC, check engine light on, and worn brake pads, some rust on the hood) and paid off my remaining loan of $10,300. Did I get ripped off? Thanks. :confuse:
    I'm not putting any money on cap reduction... 1500 down is standard for ANY lease which includes 1'st month plus bank fee and tittle/tags.... they are cutting the 1500 own by $700 to cover the last month of current lease....
  • Hi

I am getting a new company car in Sept. I'm considering a 535i, however.. I drive about 30K miles per year. Does BMW offer a 30K mile per year, 36 mo lease?
    I must lease due to company policy.. I have been driving Chevy Tahoes, however they want to switch to something with better mpg.
    Chevy, has track and high mileage leases. I doubt BMW does?
    If not, is there a way to buy mileage? What are my options?

I can spend up to $50K, and I know that is pushing it for a 535, but I'd rather sacrifice some luxuries and have more power with the 535 over the 528.

Thanks
    Dave
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 122,608
    BMWFS will write any mileage, as long as it is under 100K miles.. A 3yr/90K mile lease will probably be about $200/mo. more than a 3yr/45K mile lease..

Not too bad, considering the base payment on a 535i is probably $800/mo... I doubt you'll find one for $50K, though...

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I was in same situation in 2005 when I got into a 530i lease. Got the 12K miles knowing I'd be way over in 3 years. What I did is buy miles from BMW during the life of the lease. You can get miles ala cart at $0.16 / mile. I'd do the numbers first. If you know for sure the miles you will drive, it could be cheaper to get them upfront. At lease end, its $0.20 / mile. My company pays me the current mileage rate which is around $0.40 per mile. I'm getting a new lease next week and I'm going for the 10K lease this time. Do the math. For me, I made $0.20 /mile on every b-trip. The only problem I had with this strategy was the warranty. MAKE SURE you get the car serviced completely before 50K. Or, add an extended warranty plan. I had to replace the tires at 55K and had a few minor repairs ($500) over 50K warranty.
  • thanks for the replies..

I dont get paid mileage.. my company just pays for the car, payment, repairs.. I just need to keep the monthly payment at a certain level.
    I am certain about my mileage, its been about the same for 12 years.

I got a quote today 535i, 36 mo, 30K/yr, $3K drive off
    msrp $51K, invoice $47K quoted $845 mo, plus tax = $890

any thoughts?
This discussion has been closed.