Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW 5-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• enya07enya07 Member Posts: 3
    Hi, I am at it again. My current 530i lease is up at the end of the month. I used this forum 3yrs ago and can only say good things about, so here I am again.

I browsed the posts from the last couple of weeks, and couldn't find pertinent information. I am looking at a 535xi 3yr/12k lease, and have the following questions:

- what is the residual % at 3yr/12k?
    - what money factor should I expect?
    - is the dealer incentive (~$2000) still in effect for July?
    - since I am a returning BMW lessee, can does the MF go down with additional security deposits?

Appreciate all your help in advance. I will be on this forum regularly for the next couple of weeks, and will be sharing any and all information I get from the dealers I am negotiating with.

Cheers,
  • drgumsdrgums Member Posts: 51
    I am looking for a lease for a 535xi manual 2008 w/ prem, cold, sports, navig, rear split, rear heated, ipod adaptor. owner loyalty, o down, preferred rates
    there are some slots left for 2008.

I have been quoted $825 per month w/ 1st month, tltle, tags, and destination
    I think this is too high??? The 3 dealers discounted the car from 60K MSRP to apprax $56,500. Can I do better? NJ/PA/MA dealers
    Is it possible to get this car in the low 700"s w/ 0 down? What is the actual cost of this vehicle with all the BMW incentives to the dealer? What figure can I use for a selling price? The residual is 54% and money factor .0022?

I am flexible for 24- 39 months lease. I don't want to put any money down.

I appreciate your help.
  • encinomanencinoman Member Posts: 2
    Experts, please let me know if you think the following is a good deal:

2008 528i Sedan, 12k mls, 24 mo lease
    Base Price $44,600
    Premium Package $2400
    Ipod and USB Adapter $400
    Destimation & Handling $825
    Total as Equipped $48,225
    Selling Price $43,580

Money Factor 1.8
    Residual Factor 69%

Cap Reduction $1235.
    Cap Reduction Tax $157
    Lic/Registration $380
    Bank Fee $625
    Doc Fee $45
    First Payment $556

Total Drive Off $3000
    Toatl Monthly Payment with tax $556
  • karinrenkarinren Member Posts: 3
    I am new at this and would appreciate some feedback on this deal -
    MSRP Base: $49,400
    Options: $12,175 (Cold Package, Navigation, Premium Package, Sport, shift paddles, comfort access, HD Radio, Logic Sound, ipod, fold down seats, park distance control)
    Destination: $775
    Listed Suggested Price (MSRP): 62,350 (with above options)
    Lease Price: $52,900
    MF: 00225
    Residual: $ 43,000 - 67%
    Cash: $2,100
    Monthly: $599.00, 24 months, 10,00 miles

THANKS for any advice, suggestions, comments-
    Kate
    I am new at this and would appreciate some feedback on this deal -
    MSRP Base: $49,400
    Options: $12,175 (Cold Package, Navigation, Premium Package, Sport, shift paddles, comfort access, HD Radio, Logic Sound, ipod, fold down seats, park distance control)
    Destination: $775
    Listed Suggested Price (MSRP): 62,350 (with above options)
    Lease Price: $52,900
    MF: 00225
    Residual: $ 43,000 - 67%
    Cash: $2,100
    Monthly: $599.00, 24 months, 10,00 miles

THANKS for any advice, suggestions, comments-
    Kate
  • encinomanencinoman Member Posts: 2
    Kate,
    Are you putting $2100 as a cap reduction, or is that the TOTAL drive off cost?
    clarification for encinoman-
    Cap reduction - $2,100
    Total out the door - $3,250 (cap, tax, lic fees)
  • suznsaxsuznsax Member Posts: 13
    Hi Car_man
    First off I totally agree with you -- don't put any money down on a lease. Secondly, is the BMW FS money rate and residual value the same for 535 as it is for the 528? If so, has it changed in July?
    Thanks!
  • enya07enya07 Member Posts: 3
    Car_man, any insight on my 535xi 3yr/12k lease questions?

- what is the residual % at 3yr/12k? --> I am getting 57%
    - what money factor should I expect? --> I am getting .0018
    - is the dealer incentive (~$2000) still in effect for July? --> I am getting ~$1300 under invoice

- since I am a returning BMW lessee, can does the MF go down with additional security deposits?
  • seabassttuseabassttu Member Posts: 7
    I really need some help with some pricing on a 36 month / 10K year lease; wanted to take advantage of the recent rate drop from .0022 to .0018 and residual of 58%.

Black / Black
    Premium Package
    Automatic
    Heated Seats
    Xenon
    Ipod

MSRP – 49,525
    Invoice – 46,000
    Selling – 45,110

Upfront $1,500 - includes all fees and fun stuff
    Monthly payment is $619.00 (includes NC taxes)

From my understanding, the rate dropped from .0022 to .0018 with an additional .0004 reduction if you currently own BMW (which we do) thus bringing the rate to .0014 – right? I have a feeling my CA is not being honest with me (he has sold three other BMW to us – so I have a trust factor with him).

First, is the 45,110 a fair price, it does not seem the PP option credit was applied?

This is what he said about the rate:

The difference in the .00180 verses the .00140 is… You qualify for the .00180 rate by having a BMW in the household, the .00140 rate is if you currently have a BMW with BMW Financial Services, this allows you to get the rate down more…

I have a feeling I am not be dealt with honestly.

PLEASE ADVISE…
  • 1985mb1985mb Member Posts: 60
    I would look here for the residual and MF:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296810

The MF has dropped 0.00040 from the rates published July 1st, so 535s are at 00160. Remember to adjust the residual for your miles (see the footnotes on the 1st post of that above page).

The prem. package incentive (a.k.a. Option Credit) is still in effect, AFAIK.

Anyone can lower their MF via MSDs (max 7 MSDs means MF is .00049 lower). But you might be extra lucky if you qualify for the OLP (owner loyalty), which you probably do. That drops your MF another 00040. Max MSDs and OLP would lead to an ultimate MF of .00071 :blush:
  • franklingt3franklingt3 Member Posts: 17
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    Not exactly the same, but similar..

Slightly better for the 535i

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi suznsax. BMW Financial Services' enhanced July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 535i with 15,000 miles per year are .00160 and 55%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • hoonie99hoonie99 Member Posts: 4
    You received almost 10k off MSRP? Thats really good. Where are you located, I don't think getting a deal like that is possible in NY/NJ/CT can you send me a PM and let me know who the dealer is? I would love to buy one at that price. Thanks
  • 53turk53turk Member Posts: 8
    i have ordered an 08 535xi couple weeks ago, what do you think?

premium, sport,cold weather, logic 7, park distance, hig beam, navigation, comfort access, ipod usb

MSRP - $62625.00
    ePRICE - $56800.00

$1919 due at signing
    30mo/15Kyear
    $875/mo (including tax)
  • zcqqzcqq Member Posts: 3
    the deal i just got today 528xi 36mo 12k
    premium, cold, Xenon, auto, Ipod
    1000 drive off, 688/mo includes tax

What a unbelievably good deal, right? guys
  • fezzertonfezzerton Member Posts: 1
    Went to a dealership in NJ and had this offer and would be interested in what others thought. Was I right in being a little disappointed that they didn't try to be more aggressive on the MSRP? Also, Premium (~$1900) is included as July incentive so it's not like he knocked that much off the MSRP. I think the final lease price was good but have a feeling I could do better...am I off my rocker?

535xi w/Cold Package and Premium Package
    36 months/12K miles
    Residual 57%
    Money Factor 0.0016
    $0 Down
    MSRP $55,225
    Sale $51,500
    Out of pocket $4606
    Lease w taxes = $688.93
  • 1003008gl1003008gl Member Posts: 11
    Please help me and let me know what I should be paying (best deal) for a New 528 i with Premium Package, Automatic ,Xenon,Ipod, and Nevigation System...

I am looking for either 2 year or 3 year lease with 15,000 or 18,000 miles per year. I am okay with 5000 down, but, would like to get away with as little down as possible.

Is it true that I can get a beter deal right before the last day of the month???

Thanks
  • bceagle1bceagle1 Member Posts: 3
    My wonderful 3 year drive of a '06 530xi is coming to and en 8/27/08 unless I purchase it. I will have about 70,000 miles by then. I know, I know. Don't lease if you are going to put on these types of miles. Done and over. Now the question is should I buy or turn it in. The car is in pristine condition having been driven primarily hwy miles. Navigation, Cold Weather, Premium Pkg, Satellite. Finest auto I have ever owned. A light re-paint of some bumper scratches and a prep and it would look new in and out.

Residual value is $32,019. They offered to sell it to me at $29,103, no down, 5.9% for 24-60 mos. my choice. We now have this down to $25,069 at 3.9%. tax and title extra. They want to keep my $900 security deposit on file from the lease.

There is a real difference between the estimated market value of this car on Kelley and Edmunds. Kelly has it lower (est.$20,000) and Edmunds higher (est. $28,000).

I would like to drive this car another two year and then get the anticipated 535xi diesel.

Is $25,000 the right price for this car? Am I crazy to keep it? Should I just lease a 2009 535xi?

Thanks for your thoughts.

BCEagle1
  • carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,497
    I wouldn't buy without an extended warranty.

That said, I wouldn't buy....I'd go for the 2009 lease.
  • paotronpaotron Member Posts: 7
    What offers have you got from the dealers?
    Try to get at least 2 or 3 offers first.
    You sould negociate from MSRP of $50,925 down to at least $47,000 or lower first base on TMV.
    The lease money factor rate which determine your monthly payment will depend on your credit score.
    Yes, NORMALLY you can get a better deal at the end of the month.
  • koy1koy1 Member Posts: 3
    Model: 528I - Executive demo (10K miles)
    Color: Bronze
    Year: 2008
    Options included: Premium Package, Sports Package, power rear sunshade, fold down seats, heated front seats, park distance, xenon headlights.

MSRP (new): $53,225
    Price: $43,203
    Money factor: .00195
    Taxes, bank fees etc: $2,838
    Cash Down: zero
    Residual: $35,092 (70%)

Monthly Payment $490

This is my first time leasing. Is this a good deal?

Thanks
  • sergeymsergeym Member Posts: 283
    Not really. Base MF is .0018 and I cannot imagine a BMW executive driving 528. It is just a demo with 10K Miles rougly equal 20-25K miles of normal driving.
  • koy1koy1 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the response. Can you please elabarote why this is not a good deal?. If I put a security deposit down I can get the .0018MF. The paymnet of $490 alos includes taxes. Thanks
  • sergeymsergeym Member Posts: 283
    What taxes does it include?
    Taxes, bank fees etc: $2,838?

W/out taxes for the numbers you posted the monthly payment should've been $405.

I would suggest you checking a brand new car with the same options to see how much you saving on getting this demo.
    That is part of the issue. We bought the extended service package at 50,000 because it came up at only 23 months on a 36 month lease. Good to 100,000 miles so I still have 30,000 left on the warranty. Also had to replace all four tires ovedr the last six months so they are all good. Have the price down to $23,000 now and may be able to get it to $21k which is Kelley Blue Book for private sale. Do you mean the extended major systems warranty? I did not buy that because I thought we were going to turn it in at 36 months. Thanks for your thoughts.
  • daxxiedaxxie Member Posts: 1
    I would definitely buy at $21 and probably at $23, too. First, you have unrecoupable money in the warranty and tires if you return the car. Second, notwithstanding "market" values, you know the car and sounds like your 70K weren't hard miles.. I am in similar situation with a 06 530xi but only 25K miles. Local BMW dealer (not the one who wrote the lease) doesn't seem interested in doing anything on price -- lease buyout is $33K and he wants another 2500 to "pre-certify." Curious as to how/why you are able to negotiate price here...b/c dealer is required to purchase the car if you don't?
    dear car man:

What do think about this deal:

528xi manual 2008 prem, cold, xenon, ipod...selling price 46K+

36 months...18k mile per year...$699 w/ nj taxes...Total of $2000 at inception

Thoughts ?

Thanks
  • bimmerdudebimmerdude Member Posts: 20
    Dear Car man,
    I was offered for $400 below invoice with 0.9% finiancing for a 08 535i with Premium package, Logic 7, sport pakcage, nav options in CA.
    Please tell me if it is a good deal.
    Is there any incentives for the dealer from the mfg?

Thanks in advance!
    I was with you all the way until the last sentence. I am not aware the dealer has to buy the car BMW. Right now it is titled to BMW Financial. All my dealings re buying the car have been with them or their sub-contractor Financial Services Remarketing, Inc. I have had no conversations with the dealer about this because I learned if they are in the middle then they buy the car from BMW and sell it to me adding their costs and commissions. Since they have zero value added (not going to prep the car or anything) as I will never relinquish possession, I saw no reason to include them. I have had to negotiate with BMW Financial, but not in any way different than dealing with the dealer. I do not recall where you are, but $33 is too much in this down used car market. Put your car into KelleyBlueBook (kbb,com) and check the value. The Edmonds values have been too high around here as near as I can tell. And, NO WAY, you pay the dealer to pre-certifiy. Heck, that is supposed to be what they are offering you as an incentive to buy the car you are already driving or some guy off the street. So here's why BMW is going to drop the price. They know the market for used 6 cylinder cars burning premium fuel has dried up. If they take it back it is going to the auction house and they will never see anything like $33k with our without the pre-certify. I am taking the latest deal at $22 for mine, which has Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Nav, Auto trans, and Satellite. Call BMW Financial at 800-578-5000 and start at $25K since the value of my extra miles was $2960. Good luck!
    Hi drgums. What is this car's MSRP or its dealer invoice price (either one will do)? The best way to evaluate deals is to look at how much over dealer invoice you are getting your car for. Ideally, you should get the dealer to tell you want money factor they are using to calculate your monthly payment as well.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi bimmerdude. While $400 under dealer invoice looks like an absolute steal at first gmance, keep in mind that BMW is currently providing a free Premium package on most 5-Series models. This amounts to a $2,000 dealer credit. If this option is listed on your car's invoice, then $400 under invoice is really more like $1,600 over invoice. This may not be a bad deal for this car right now, but it definitely is not the steal that it initially appears to be. Have you stopped by the "BMW 5-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion yet? If not, definitely do so. You should be able to get some outstanding feedback on how much 5-Series are selling for right now over there.

Car_man
    Host
  • 53turk53turk Member Posts: 8
    I just got a deal for a 535i, the msrp was 61320, the selling price is 55255, which is $1600 below invoice. It is a good time to lease or buy cars.
  • sandwalker1sandwalker1 Member Posts: 8
    535i white, 36 mo/12K lease, msrp ~56900, selling price 51250, if you count MAACO and Training costs on the invoice, it's about $1000 under invoice. i would have pushed more, but the car was from a different dealer. i think i could have gotten more off for a car on their lot. maxed on the multiple security deposit (MSD), and no cap cost reduction. monthly pmt ~640 including tax. was pretty happy with the deal until i got home looked carefully at the lease. one line stuck out - Acquisition Cost $825. At first i thought that it was the same as destination charge (since the amounts were the same) and was pissed that it wasnt included in the cap cost. but i read up on it here and found out that it isnt the same thing, it just could have been lower ($625). so i'm cool with it now.
  • podguypodguy Member Posts: 1
    I am considering leasing a 2009 550i. When will the new pricing be available and what should I expect as a residual and money factor. The dealer I am dealing with has been very vague. What would be a reasonable amount of discount I should expect off of the MSRP?
    How does a security deposit impact the monthly lease?
    Thanks
    I am looking for a 535xi manual....will have to order a 2009...I could not locate any 2008's.....any ideas of what the finances will be for 2009?

I still have owner loyalty, excellent credit and 20 +years of leasing with BMW.

I still have 2 more payments on my 2005 x5 lease...there was no pull ahead program for me to take advantage of the 2008 late summer deals

Any suggestions or thoughts?

Anybody out there know of a low mileage manual 535xi 2008 or should I just order a 2009?
  • blk69lincblk69linc Member Posts: 1
    I got a quote on a 2008 528xi Exec demo car with 11K miles on it. Sticker was 57,320 and they're offering me a 24 month lease 18K/yr mileage for $720 -- bank fees and tax up front. Residual is about 35K, I don't have the money factor handy, but it was about 1.6% (should be in line with new car lease deal ending 9/2). Does this sound like a good deal?

I can get it for 49K on a purchase with new financing (includes CPO warranty). Is that a better choice? I need to finalize by tomorrow. Any assistace would be great.
    Hi podguy. I don't have an exact date, but I have heard that the 2009 BMWs will start to arrive at dealers towards the end of the month. You may be able to get a more definitive arrival date by visiting the "BMW 5-Series Sedans" discussion. BMW has not published a lease program for the '09 5-Series yet, but when it does I suspect it to initially be much worse than its current lease program on the '08 model.

BMW Financial Services charges a security deposit that is equivalent to cars' monthly payments rounded up to the nearest $50 increment. It will waive the deposit for free for returning lessees and in exchange for a .00015 money factor increase for everyone else.

Car_man
    Host
  • mango39mango39 Member Posts: 10
    I am planning to lease a 528i with the following options in Texas:

528i Black on Black
    ZPP Premium Package
    ZCW Cold Weather Package
    522 Xenon Lights
    6FL Ipod and USB Adapter

MSRP: $49775.00

Here is the offer from dealer:

Sale Price: $44775.00 ($5000.00 less of MSRP)
    Sale Price + Tax : 47574.00 (Drive Out)

Initial Payment+Security Deposity+ttl+acquisition Fees: $2250.00
    Initial Payment: $686.00
    Security Deposit: $700.00
    Rest: ttl+acquisition fees

Lease Payment: $686.00 per month for 36 month with 15K miles/year.

Is this a good deal on lease?
  • abraham421abraham421 Member Posts: 12
    $779/month (taxes and bank fee rolled in), 36 months, 12k/year

sport, premium, cold weather, nav, Ipod...msrp $58,775

Upfront: $1798 (1 month + security deposit + plates)

Please reply ASAP...thanks!
    Can anybody comment on the differences in driving a manual transmission in each of these cars?

I have been a BMW guy for a long time....currently finishing a lease with an x5 2005 with a manual! Very unusual! but is has been fun...maybe slighty underpowered on take off.....but now I want to have a manual 6 speed sedan with decent seating in the back seat ....teenagers still not driving yet...I read about the Audi a4 2009 211 hp with alot of "zip"..test drove the automatic recently...nice interior.. roomier than the 2008 version....also what about the difference n the 528xi versus 535xi manuals?

I would love to hear any comments on this issue I have ......I have to lease something soon.....and AWD is needed here in the northeast and of course the lease deal has to be decent.

Thanks......
  • newtobmw18newtobmw18 Member Posts: 4
    Hello all,

I always lease my cars, this is my first German car. I am typically a Lexus guy.. anyhow, here are the numbers on my 535i I just picked up last night (SOCAL):

2008 535i Manual (This was the only manual they had)
    White on Black w/ Anthracite Wood
    Premium
    Sports
    Nav
    Cold weather
    Ipod Adaptor

MSRP: $58690
    Sell Price: $54018

Total paid at driveoff: $2117.80 includes 1st month, tax, license, reg, acquisition

36 months @ $726 plus tax of 8.25% so total is $785.99 tax included.
    10k/year. 20 cents per mile overage. (This is the first time I did 10k, I always did 12k but I thought 20 cents isnt too bad. If I Want to purchase mileage, an extra 6k is $1200 total.

I am thinking I could have got them to come down another $20 or so but didnt want to push too much since this is the exact package combo, color combo, and gearbox I wanted. I went in for a test drive and took the car home 3 hours later.

I really hope a got at LEAST a descent deal. Thanks for your replies, I REALLY appreciate it.
  • calabooboocalabooboo Member Posts: 3
    newtobmw18, what was the residual and money factor?

My understanding from reading BMW's most recent lease offer on the bmwusa.com website is that they are offering 58% residual and about .0009 MF on 36 month leases. (That's on an automatic transmission, though, not sure if they have better lease terms on those.) Those terms with your numbers should result in a payment of around $633 plus tax, unless I'm making a mistake somewhere along the way. In any case, congratulations on a sweet ride.
  • x021627x021627 Member Posts: 152
    the incentive is to the dealer for the premium package and he doesn't have to share the whole amount with the customer. Customer should negotiate knowing that it exists.

I don't think it's a bad deal that the OP got, but at the end of the day, the deal is done and he got the EXACT car that he wanted. Enjoy the ride.....

:)
  • jiholl5333jiholl5333 Member Posts: 7
    Dealer has 08 wagon..$61,500 MSRP...Seems that right now residual is 55% and MF is .0016 but can be reduced to .00111 with 7 MSDs...seems like good deal could be had if can get good sell price....with that MSRP what would be fair selling price deal to base lease calcs off of....and how does the free prem package deal work in? thanks..I was thinking like $55,000 selling with the prem package deal...possible? ran my calcs and with a $55,000 selling price, 36 month lease with 15,000 miles should be about $734 including 7% tax.
  • jiholl5333jiholl5333 Member Posts: 7
    UPDATE...I made a deal and have the Car. Sale price of $55400 on msrp of $61400..not bad...lease 36 months, 15k miles, no cap cost reduction....did 7 MSD ended up at $755 with tax included....and they paid the last to payments .. total of $1200 on my old car lease....what do you think...08 535Xi wagon? Thanks
  • calabooboocalabooboo Member Posts: 3
    jiholl, sounds like a pretty good deal. Problem with the 2008 model BMW leases right now is the residual is not too great (although not terrible, and $6K under sticker certainly makes up for a lot). By comparison, my current 2006 MB E350 which was about a $57K car costs me $598/month plus tax (39 months 10000 miles no cap reduction).

Local SoCal dealer made me the following offer yesterday on a 535i manual with premium, sport, nav and some other goodies, MSRP $59,225:
    $55K selling price, .00175 money factor with no sec deposit (.0016 with 1x security deposit), 58% residual on 36 month 10000 mile lease, $875 acquisition fee. I did not think $4,200 under sticker was that great so I turned them down; told them I'd do it at $5,500 under sticker and they told me "good luck." Now that I see jiholl's numbers I feel I did the right thing. Let's see if they come crawling back in a day or two...
  • korgem1korgem1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I had quotes from a dealer in CA for following car:

528i MSRP 51,000, selling for 47000. 4000.00 out of pocket. 12k miles/year, 36 months lease: 639.00/month tax is included.

Res is 57. Money factor is 0.00188 (4.5%). Dealer said this is the current money factor & residual for a 2008 528 lease. Is it a good deal? Can dealer bring the money factor to lower number (2.5%) in stead of 4.5?

I've heard you can max the MSD x 7 and this should reduce .00049 and this should drop payment to at least 50-60 bucks less a month. Is this a way to bring down the payment?

Many thanks in advance for your inputs.

Korg
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Member Posts: 1,926
    You know BMW has a 0.9% APR going right now, don't you? If you do an outright purchase and put those 7 MSDs as a down payment instead, you might come out ahead of a lease with the payment; depending on the term of the loan, of course.
This discussion has been closed.