Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW 5-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• smithsongasmithsonga Member Posts: 123
    That is a huge drop from the stated residual. However, that doesnt mean it is a good deal as you need to determine the true value of the car.

Either way, sounds like you are stuck with the 535 lease already setup.
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Thanks to bmw's big miscalculation on the residual in your lease --- the financial winner and current champion is ------ you jvost. Congratulations!!!!
  • goody59goody59 Member Posts: 5
    If you wanted to lease a CPO 2006 5 Series Sedan (for arguments sake, one with a $50,000 MSRP), what would it cost? According to this forum in the fall of 2005, the residual would be 59-60% at this point. If I wanted a 3yr/36k lease, what would I be looking at? How much residual would there be for years 4-6? With the current market, aren't used cars worth even less they thought they would be at this point? I am trying to decide whether to get a 2009 Accord EX V6, 2009 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL, or the 2006 BMW 5 Series (a little more curb appeal). I live in northern NJ.
    Thanks
    add the 09 maxima sv with premium package to your list and check it out. It's a boutique with stones on wheels. Great deals too. there are 10 certified 5 series 06 on ebay from 30-35k. 20-45k miles. the maxima sv lists out at 37 but you can get them here for 1-2k under invoice or 32-33. They also have a sport package with firmer handling.
  • jvostjvost Member Posts: 37
    You're right jayrider - whether I buy the car or not, I'm clearly way, way better off than I would have been had I purchased this car instead of leased it.

Smithsonga - I'm not "stuck" with the 535 lease - I want it. I'm considering keeping the 2005 330Cic as an extra car. $25,700 for a CPO car with 3.9% financing is pretty darned attractive. Non cpo cars are selling for about the same price on ebaymotors and don't come with 3.9% financing.
    O.K. Here's the lease deal I was able to work out on a 2008 535iX. I take delivery on Friday. I've leased 5 BMW's in the last 9 years and I can tell you that BMW dealers are the toughest out there. You have work these guys really, really hard over a couple of weeks to get the right deal. It's absolutely necessary that you make them compete against each other.

The car is equipped as follows:

Premium Package
    Cold Weather Package
    Xenon Lights
    Fold Down Rear Seats
    IPOD/USB
    Satellite Radio
    Parking Distance Control

The MSRP is $57,395.

I negotiated a sales price of $51,075
    (a discount of $6,320 or 11% off the MSRP. The guy on this forum who says you can get free premium package AND a 15% discount is delusional)

To this was added $725 Acquisition Fee and a $299 D & H Fee

Total Cap. Cost: $52,099
    Down Payment: $0
    Miles: 10,000
    Term: 36 mos
    Money Factor: .00125
    Residual: 58%
    Payment: $629.23 (Before Sales Tax)
    Security Deposit: Waived

I tried really hard to get them to lower the MF to the buy rate of .00115, to no avail. The other dealers in the area were were quoting .00135 or .00150 and I couldn't get them to budge. For some reason it's easier to get them to lower the price than the MF. (Maybe the finance guys make money on this part?)

In any event, I wanted to lower the payment a bit, so I decided to take advantage of BMW's multiple security deposit offer. Here's the way it works: For each refundable security deposit you post, up to a maximum of 7, they lower the Money Factor by .00007. This actually works out to be a pretty good deal. I decided to post 3, for a total of $1,950 ($650 X 3). This lowered my MF to .00104, which lowered my payment from $629.23 to $611.30, a monthly savings of $17.93 or $215.16 per year. This represents an 11% rate of return on my $1950 investment - about 10% better than I'm getting leaving it in the bank!

Finally, I'll get a check from the BMW Car Club of America for $1,000. For those who don't know, if you're a member in good standing for at least 12 month prior to the time you purchase or lease a new BMW you're entitled to this rebate. It costs just $40/ year to belong. Everyone should take advantage of this.
    The best post I have ever read re negotiating a lease. Don't think I'll go with a bmw in three years but if I do I'll be looking for your posts in november of 2010. Heck, I'll be looking for your posts no matter what I do. jvost.
  • gardisgardis Member Posts: 185
    Guys, here's a deal I just heard of at a dealer in Westcheseter County, NY:
    Stk#91141 VIN#C153134 2009 528i xDrive Sedan
    Jet Black/Black Leatherette. Auto, Power Seats, Heated Seats, iPod/USB adapter, BMW assist w/ Bluetooth, Sunroof.
    MSRP$49,425. $2,500 down pymt+$725 bank fee+$550 sec. dep.+$525 1st payment = $4,300 due at signing + T/T/L. Ttl pymt/Res. $18,900/30,085.50
    36 months/10,000 miles per year. .20 cent over mileage
    subject to credit aproval and vehicle availability

How does this compare? I'm not leasing, I'm going to buy a CPO, but I thought you'd lilke this as a point of comparison. Good luck.
    You don't say what the capitalized cost is or if the payment includes sales tax, but if it doesn't include sales tax, it works out to about $3,000 off the MSRP, assuming the MF buy rate of .00175 and a 62% residual which are the rates for 36 mos., 10K. This is about $1K over invoice - not terrible for an '09, but not a killer deal either. Take out the $2500 down payment and the monthly payment is $594.65, just $30 less than the '08 535iX I describe above that costs nearly $8,000 more. If the $525 payment includes sales tax it's a better deal.
  • youngdk1youngdk1 Member Posts: 1
    Just got quoted for a lease for a 528i 2009 BMW for $600 per month (36 months 10,000 miles) with zero down, with a $2,600 "inception fee" which includes the first month payment and the last payment on my X5 lease assumed by the BMW dealer which is $608. Does anyone think this is a good deal? I don't know much about the Money Factor process but the invoice is $47,000+. Also, I've been leasing from BMW for 6 years. Does anyone know about loyalty discounts or any such offers?
  • bmanpcbmanpc Member Posts: 6
    jayrider sent me here for assitance, specifically jvost...

Please help me on a 2008 X5 3.0 lease in upstate NY. It is a holdover DEMO with 2,500 miles. MSRP $55,325, Selling price $49,700 Lease: 36 mo./12k miles
    Includes: Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, 3rd Row, Rear Climate, Rear DVD & Park Distance
    Residual is (56%)? & Money X = .00125 (3%)
    Monthly payment $699.66; included taxes and zero $ down payment

Question 1: is this a good deal or could they come down? they wouldn't budge when I asked for accessories or lower payment. should i just take it at $699 or what is the REAL monthly # I can get this down to? dealer said "No X5 goes below $700 with zero down". Any truth to this?
    $2,405 due at signing (inception fees)
    $699.66 1st month
    $625 bank fee
    $225 office fee
    $155 plates
    $700 security deposit

Question 2: can i negotiate any of the fees (bank & office)?
    Since the car is a demo I lose my BMW CCA loyalty rebate, and the dealer will still not budge. Dealer in NY said if I don't pull the trigger by Tuesday, he will not honor the offer and has other buyers wanting the car.
    Questiion 3: What can I get him to throw in or work with me on? Possible tire waranty since they are run flats?
    Please help me, I need to decide in next 48 hours.
    Hi bmanpc - I haven't been in the market for an X5, so I really don't have a good handle on what kind of deals can be made. I personally shoot for 10-11% off the MSRPincluding dealer fees and the bank cost. In your case, your cost is really $50,500 ($49700+$625+225), which is a discount of $4775, or 8.6%. It does appear that you're buying the car for below invoice, though. Also, .00125 is the buy rate for the money factor, so they're not marking that up, which is really good. Finally, it's always difficult to analyze lease terms when people give you the payment inclusive of sales tax. These rates vary all over the country, so it's best if you can get the payment before sales tax. That said, I calculated the payment based on $55,325 MSRP, $49,700 cap cost, 36 mos., 12K, .00125 and 55% residual (the current rates) and came up with a payment of $635.47, so your tax rate there must be just about 10% - that would yield a total payment of $699.

I think this is a decent deal and would be a really good one if you could get them to come down another $500 - $1000 dollars, which would reduce your payment to $683 or $667, respectively. But hey, if you like the car, what's another $16 - $32/Mo!

Last thought - If you give them 7 more refundable security deposits ($4900), your MF would drop to .00076 (1.82%), your payment would drop to $655.38, so you'd effectively be getting a 10.8% return on your deposit! Best of luck.
  • bmanpcbmanpc Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for the quick reply. I will make sure to get the payment without taxes. The tax rate here being 7.375%.
    When I deduct the residual value from the MSRP, something does not compute.
    $55,325 x 56% =$30,982. This is correct.
    However, the dealer is telling me the residual is $30,144. Does this mean he is trying to make money on the $898 difference? By his calculation its 54.4%.
    Are you also saying if I put money down, I might be able to change the MF from 3% down to 1.82%. I think the MF was set by BMWFS?
    Really appreciate your advice...
    The residual is 55% not 56%. $55,325 X 55% is $30,429, not $30,144 - not sure how the dealer is coming up with that. Dealers can mark up the MF but can't change the residual. If your tax rate is 7.375% I don't know how the dealer is getting to the $699 payment.

Go to this website to download an xcel spreadsheet that you can use to calculate the lease. If necessary, show the spreadsheet to your dealer and input the numbers together, so you understand what's going on: http://www.ridewithg.com/

The way you reduce the MF is not by "putting money down", but by posting additional, refundable security deposits. BMWFS lowers your MF by .00007 for each additional security deposit you post.
  • jamby1jamby1 Member Posts: 9
    What is a fair number for the vehicle cost when presenting a counter offer to a dealer on a 528xi lease? All my local dealers want $1500 over invoice on an '09 528xi. I really thought with things being so slow they would be more competitive on pricing. I have walked from two dealerships offering $500 over invoice after being nearly laughed at.
    Maybe $1500 over is the best those dealers will do---especially if you are face to face with a salesman who has assessed youas someone who really wants this car. That is why you need to restrict your shopping to internet / phone follow-up strategies. You can shop 1-200 miles from home. Half day drive or so -- have lunch at Denny's on your way to pick up the car. One thing that seems apparent in these posts is that the best deals take time, persistance, and hard work.The sales staff at bmw are a saavy group and tough to move --especially when they have you on their turf. Good luck.
  • jamby1jamby1 Member Posts: 9
    Thanks Jay... I'm in NJ. It's surprising that with 4 dealers within 20 miles of each other, there isn't more competitive pricing.
    They are in collusion to hold prices higher --- they figure there are enough customers who want a bmw bad enough to deal on their terms. Maybe their right. If you expand your net wide enough you should find a better deal. It probably won't be easy but time is on your side. Have you looked for an 08? Might not be too many around but you never know. You can even check out low mile 08's --- could be a great deal there -- warranty is still good and reliability appears very good. If your looking at bmw then you probably don't have income or budget problems but if you do, you could wait. This next year should be real interesting.
    Jayrider, very good advice. That's what I've been doing. I'm looking now for a good 3 months for a nice 530i deal.
    I had a good conversation with a salesman at a BMW dealer in CT here about a nice 2007 530xi I have my eyes on. It's got 18K miles, and they're asking $39K for it (premium package, sports package). He told me the car had one owner, went into service APRIL 2008!! The owner bought it in New London (BMW dealer), lives in New Haven, traded it in for a 7 Series! He practically read me the service record for the vehicle. It has no issues, except a power window issue which they fixed. The warranty covers the vehicle until April 2014 and the 50K mile warranty goes until 2012. I'm going to see the vehicle over the weekend. The guy was totally transparent and answered every question I had. No pressure whatsoever. The first owner turned the car in at 16K miles, and then a BMW rep had the car for the next 2K miles. The salesman told me I could speak to that BMW rep about how the car handled anytime I want. I'd love to get that car for about $36K, do you think I have a chance. I don't want to insult them either, but I'm not paying sticker price, or I'll walk. I only spoke on the phone, emailed him also. If I go look I don't speak to anyone, I just scope out the car, and that's it. I don't let them get me inside or it's all over.

Meanwhile, at the other dealer in Westchester county, NY, where I saw another 530xi 2007 last week, but wasn't that crazy about it, the sales woman called me about another vehicle they just got in, going through certification, and "maybe you should put down a deposit because they're a lot of sales reps here, the car might go...." But I wouldn't hear of it without seeing the car. She thinks I will like the car. Actually I saw the car listed on the BMWUSA website, it wasn't even out on the lot yet. That' s a pretty good way to track down vehicles by the way. You can search by your zip code, 10 miles, 50 miles, whatever you choose.

I don't know what I'm going to do, but I'm thinking it over carefully. I figure the car is almost new, let's face it, and the warranty goes for another 5 years. I pretty much decided to pass on the 2008 535i I saw and went nuts over, because that's just too over-powered for me.........then I think hey, the market lost 500 pts the other day, but you know what...there are a lot of people not around anymore and I think of them, and I say to myself, hey, you only live ONCE.......

Any thoughts?
    The best possible deals are on 07's and 08's. If you look long and hard you should be able to find a 525xi with mid to upper teen miles for 24 to 29k. Thats 25-30k off msrp of a new 09. The cars have decent reliability and still have a few years warranty and you could replace an engine or transmission[very unlikely] way down the road and still be ahead. As the used cars sit week after week- month after month something has to give. You need some serious income and confidence in the future to drop 55k on a car ---- the 20-30k bracket is where these newer models will have to settle. Why / Because that's where the buyers are.
  • peichenpeichen Member Posts: 4
    $3000 down $499/ month 12K 08 535i
    Premium, sport, navigation, metallic paint
    Is this a good deal?

Also, a newbie question, is it worth to spend $100 more per month for 535i over 528i
    Thanks for the help.
  • delwrangdelwrang Member Posts: 6
    I will soon take delivery of an 09 535xi and will be leasing. In looking back at my past lease documents with BMW financial services item #13 is "Itemization of gross capitalized cost" followed by items a-j. Item a. through i. is make sense, for example a. is: Agreed upon value of vehicle.

Item 13. J. is however, "Other." I note that I paid $825 for "other" when I did my last lease. I have notes that say this charge was a "lease fee."

Did I get hosed? I think I did.
    Is there a standard BMW lease fee? If there was, why wouldn't BMWFS have a line for it on this document?

Fool me once, shame on you...

Thanks.
  • novass66novass66 Member Posts: 21
    If you got hosed then I did too. That same line for me shows "acq fee/doc fee" for $875 when I leased 3 years ago.

Have you struck a lease deal yet? I'd be interested in knowing what price you were able to negotiate in relation to invoice, and what money factor they are offering. I'm trying to do a deal now on a 535 and I'm hearing money factors of .00215 from a couple of dealers. I thought I was seeing .00175 out there as the rate I should be able to get.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    That's the acquistion fee. Every lease has one (not just BMWFS). It goes to the bank.

At the time you leased, the base fee was $625, with dealers permitted to mark up the fee by $200 (which most of them do).

As of this October, the base fee is now $725, with dealers permitted to charge up to $925.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks Jayrider. I think you're a little on the low end, but I hope you're right. I'm looking at another 2007 530i, from BMW dealer in Westchester County, NY, they just emailed me one came in with 25K miles they're certifying it now, has all the packages, White/Beige, here's exactly what her email said:
    ""Regarding the price, it is $ 37990. The price is negotiable. I would like for you to see the car and let me know how much you think is worth.
    When can you stop by?""

Are you ready for that one?
    Then, I'm looking at a beauty, absolute pristine 2007 White/beige 530xi in upstate CT, asking price $39,900, has 18K miles on it. Guy bought the car new in Apr 08, the warranty runs until April 2014!! Traded the vehicle in for a 7 series. Salesman was totally transparent, discussed everything I wanted to know. Has premium and sports pkgs, no cold weather (luxury vehicle with out heated seats? seems odd to have chintzed on that.) I told him already about the Westchester pricing, he didn't buck me. I'm not paying anywhere near the $39,900 for that car, much as I'm drooling over it.

The 2008 535i in another dealer is STILL sitting in the lot, almost two months later! They came down from $42,995 to $39,995 "internet special" price. The car is still sitting there, has 28K miles on it. I've ruled that one out, as it has too much power for me, I don't need turbos or want them. Too technical. Also, I insist on that black trim around the windows, and only the Sports Package provides that. Most of the 528i have chrome.

Any thoughts?
    Gardis in CT
    We accept the offer to visit. Meet you in Madison --- the lobster rolls are on you.
    I have some thoughts on the cars but I guess I would like to know if you are absolutely comfortable spending almost 40k on a used beemer. If you evaluated every similar vehicle available in the market and feel this is the brand that will meet your needs, then go for it. I still think you will be able to do much better given two factors. One--- you have the patience to wait for the luxury used car market to continue to sink. The lots are full --- there are so many late model high priced low mileage cars at the dealers around here that something has to give. The depreciation factors these dealers used which determine residual value and prompted them to buy at the auctions 6 months to 3 years ago could not forsee the glut of cars choking the dealerships since few are buying. They are leasing additiona space in LA to house the stream of unwanted inventory.
    Two -- you have to have the cash/financing/credit rating to hit the showrooms with a swagger. You won't need the ruby pinky ring -- leave it on the dresser, but if you are comfortable with this level of purchase, you represent the shining light of most showrooms. You really are in control.
    Let me know where you stand on these and I can offer an opinion.
    PS...... you can always get a set of electic undies at the motorcycle shop-- they plug into the cigar lighter.
    The following posted on ebay:07's
    530 xi prem/cold/sport 26k mi 30250
    530i prem/roof/cold 6485 mi 33800
    525xi loaded white 27800 mi 28900
    530xi nav/prem/cold 22k mi asking 32900

Lots more and guess what --- nobody's buying at those prices. And nobody's going to be buying for months at those prices. Supply and demand -- too many cars and no buyers --- gee,I wonder what's going to happen?
    If you can buy in this market and you are patient then you can do much better than what you've offered. Go visit the dealer on new years eve and take along a down payment. You never know what might happen.
  • delwrangdelwrang Member Posts: 6
    You are correct that the Nov MF was .00175. I have not seen the December rate yet but I put in my BMWFS application during Nov to lock that MF. Should know the new mf soon (it is posted on bimmerfest/ask-a-dealer)

thank you kyfdx--you probably saved me $200.

As far as my deal, it is about $1600 over the invoice price you would get by using this site--this is also about $1000 over what the dealer considers their price to get the car off the lot as they get hit for advertising ($365), a training fee ($180) and they pretend to add some prep charges.

Specifics: 535xi, cold, premium, sport, comfort access, fold down rear seats, nav, HD, Satellite, Logic& sound, iPod. With destination, MACO and training it totals $64095 and my price is $60705.

Maybe coulda done a bit better but with 103K miles on my 2002 X5 that doesn't like to get going on the cold mornings, I am just looking forward to having a nice new ride with all the stuff I want and none of what I don't. And kyfdx just saved me the other $200 that I could have gotten.

I hope that helps.

Del
  • craigm1841craigm1841 Member Posts: 4
    I priced a 535 lease today and I am trying to do some research to see if it is as good as i can do. $2500 down, $600 a month for 36 mos.

It is a 2008 demo with 8K miles on it. It has the sport package and the premium package. htd seats, sunshades, a few other options, nothing big. no navi. Leasing as new, previously titled by bmw.

MF .00125
    Redidual .57

Window sticker on the car is 59K, they are selling it for 46K.

any input would be greatly appreciated. I dont know much about leasing.

thank you!
    Jayrider,
    Interesting. But those ebay cars are not CPO are they? Those are privately for sale I imagine. So the dealer is going to say, no comparison. But I agree with you. I've been avoiding going to the dealer, though they've been calling me. I sent a email to them that two other dealers with identical models (530i, 2007) were in the mid to low $30ks.
    Let's see what happens. Problem is I don't have the guts to go to the dealer and sit there , and then walk out. I'm afraid I'll pull the trigger and pay too much.
    Gardis
  • JH2009JH2009 Member Posts: 2
    I am new to BMW car. My local dealer has similar lease on both 08 528i and 335i, with 335i equipped more with Nav. and Xenon headlight. No sport package for both cars.
    Please help me with some advises if I should go for the 335 engine or the 5 series space? Thanks in advance.
  • cpa3cpa3 Member Posts: 89
    Here is the deal I helped my Dad get over Thanksgiving weekend from So Calif dealer. Probably could have done better slightly better but my Dad was happy with this and wanted the car now...

2008 528i, Premium pkg, Sport Package, ipod, Xeon lights, heated seats, Navi. List $54,325. Drive off $2400 (1st pmt $620, DMV $434, Sales Tx $108, Cap reduction $1238) Cap cost $48,839 which includes $725 lease fee. Residual 58%, money factor .001150...36 months, 10K miles per year...Monthly pmt $574 plus CA sales tax. Its a beautiful car...gray with black leather...

Any thoughts?
  • jk7jk7 Member Posts: 36
    Thats really a crazy question. You should get the car you want. People on the forum cant tell you what you want...J
    My 3 series lease is coming up. Am going into the dealer this week. I'mhoping to get a 535i. I am going to ask for invoiceprice, with premium package free(Is BMW stilloffering this) with 0.9% APR for 60 months.

Is this reasonable? I have nothing to lose, this is a third car. If they say no, then I drive my old accord for a while,butalsolooking at the Lexus GS 450h.

Thx
    sorry forgot tomention, I live in So Cal and paid 700over invoice when times were good on my 3 series. Jay
    Thats about 300 over invoice minus the premium package if I'm right? Going to talk to the dealer this week, could use all the info...
    Saw several 07 530i 17-19k miles priced at 32-33 k . BMW certified like you want. Are you still in the market?
    Jayrider
    Yes I am. The one I was interested in still available, they came down in price without provocation from me to $36,900 from 39,900. Car is a 2007, 520ix, 18K miles, pristine. I'm still hemming and hawing what with this economy. I'm driving a 1996 328i with 106K miles. I'm also thinking (not too too seriously) of Lexus RX, would love to know if anyone has an opinion of this car. Though, pricing same as 530i. I heard they're changing the styling big time for 2010 model, doesn't seem sensible to buy a 2008 now, and have it obsolete with better styling in one year does it?

write me,
    gardis in CT
    gardis72@gmail.com
  • sss2sss2 Member Posts: 11
    When I leased my 525, the dealer told me that they would be very forgiving on mileage and wear & tear issues if I leased or purchased a new BMW when I turned it in. I've found this to be true in the past. Does anyone have any recent experience? I'm several thousand miles over the limit and may be getting close to the limit on tire wear. I plan to get a new BMW, but I'd like to hear any suggestions on how to handle the turn in.
  • x021627x021627 Member Posts: 152
    I know someone recently (past 2 months max) and the dealer worked with them alot on the slight damage and miles overage. Cost them either nothing or $200 if I recall. They did re lease another BMW.
    have you checked out audi A4 quatro's. They seem to be dealing. May not be your drug of choice though the both are euro's. You beemer addicts [bless your hearts] are hopelessly hooked.
  • ZoneMobJZoneMobJ Member Posts: 17
    $3800 down
    Metallic Black with Leather
    Premium Package
    Sports Package
    Navigation
    Ipod Interface
    heated seats
    xenon lamps
    $523 a month for 10K miles and 36 month lease
    Car was stickered at about $55250

Did I get a good deal?
  • cpazoscpazos Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I am new to this forum, but have learned a lot from reading all the advise and entries. I am looking to lease my first BMW and hoping to get a great deal on a 2008 528i. I have recently requested a quote from a dealer and this is what I got:

2008 528i
    Premium Pck
    Sports Pck
    Ipod
    Xenon lights
    Nav system
    MSRP $53,275 - Includes $775 destination charge
    Selling Price $48460
    Edmunds True Market Value is $49672
    Invoice $49505

as you can see the price they quoted me is below TMVand invoice, but since this is their first quote I assume I can get an even better price. If so, how much of a discount should I try to negotiate?

Look forward to your advice.
  • sdsualumssdsualums Member Posts: 11
    I am looking for Money Factor and Residual for a 2008 528i 10k 36 months. I am a BMW returning lessee. I am looking for Dec, and Jan if it is known. Thanks in advance. (I am looking to pick up a car this weekend) Los Gatos CA :)
    Email this deal to every bmw dealer within 2-300 miles from where you live and see if anyone does better. Problem of course is 08 supplies vary but nothing much to lose.
  • sdsualumssdsualums Member Posts: 11
    Hi Car man,
    I need this same info. for Dec.
    Thanks in advance
  • escalade24escalade24 Member Posts: 45
    So I just leased my first car and I was wondering if I got screwed or not. Here it goes:

2008 535i Factory DEMO with 3000 mi on it
    MSRP: 59125.00
    Cold Weather
    Premium
    Sport
    Shift Paddles
    Sunshades
    Fold down rear seats
    Park Distance
    iPod
    Dakota Leather

The deal ended up as 343.23 per month including taxes with 5500 down. It was a 36/10000 lease. So was this a good deal???
  • dmwongdmwong Member Posts: 7
    Just curious, what was the final sales price and what is the tax rate at where you live ?
  • fineman2fineman2 Member Posts: 25
    Hii,

I test drove a 2008 535i, executive demo with 1500 miles. This car has Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Sport Package, Bamboo Anthracite Wood Trim, iPod Adapter, Xenon Headlights, Power Rear Sunshade, Satellite Radio Prep, PDC, black leather. The lease offer is -

36 months/10k
    MF .00071 (with 7 muliple security deposits $4400)
    $550 per month (plus tax)
    $490 (DMV fees, NJ luxury tax)
    $1075 (Bank fee plus Doc. fee)
    $1455 (Total upfront Sales Tax or can be rolled over)
    Total down $7950 (includes 1st month payment, MSDs, sales tax, DMV and bank fee).

Is this is good deal.
  • x021627x021627 Member Posts: 152
    you left out captialized cost that you are paying.That is needed to correctly figure the price of the lease. Also the MSRP is also needed. You don't mention those important two numbers. Also, don't pay sales tax upfront. If your car is totaled for some reason, you are out of that money.
This discussion has been closed.