Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW 5-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi marleyflynn. The numbers that you posted for this car's lease program are indeed correct. On top of this, BMW introduced a special owner loyalty program on the 5-Series this month. Returning lessees are eligible for a $2,500 cash incentive and a .00030 money factor reduction op top of the lease program that you mentioned.

I wouldn't even bother involving the dealer in negotiating the buyout on your current car. Place a call directly to BMW Financial Services and see if they are willing to work with you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hey dollar_pound. Dealer invoice minus the loyalty incentive is an aggressive price, but if you are in an area that has a decent level of competition it would not shock me if you were able to get a deal like this done.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi comer98. Here's the information that you're looking for. For some reason, it does not appear as though BMW is providing lease support on the '08 528xi any longer. It does have support on the non-AWD version of this car though.

BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 528i with 12,000 miles per year are .00100 and 55%, respectively.

BMW is providing a special $2,500 cash incentive and a .00030 money factor reduction to current lessees who lease a new '08 528i.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi brichard10. Here's the info that you're looking for. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 528i with 12,000 miles per year are .00175 and 60%, respectively.

If you are a current BMW FS lessee, you are eligible for a special $2,500 cash incentive and a .00030 money factor reduction on this car.

If I was in the market for one right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice minus any available cash incentives.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi marleyflynn. BMW Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 528i xDrive with 12,000 miles per year are .00175 and 60%, respectively.

Since you are a returning BMW FS customer, you are eligible for a special $2,500 cash incentive and a .00030 money factor reduction on this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • emoryemory Member Posts: 4
    After a bunch of back and forth I was recently offered this deal on a 2009 535i:

sport package
    premium package
    navigation
    ipod/usb
    comfort access
    satellite radio

36 months, 12,000 miles
    .00175 MF
    60% residual
    Sale price $57,970.00
    Monthly payments $770.87

I am interested in opinions on whether I got an ok deal or not. I went to another dealer while negotiating this deal and their first quote out the box for the exact same car, 36 months, 12k miles was in the high $59K range with monthlys coming in at $921. At the time I had the other dealer at $818 per month so I quickly said screw them.
  • doc4242doc4242 Member Posts: 1
    looking for a money factor and residual for a 2009 335i Xdrive 10,000 miles per year.
    Also I have have financed 3 previous BMW's with BMW FS. I currently do not have a lease or loan with them. As a "returning" customer would I qualify for the 2500 if its been a couple of years?
    Thanks for your help.
  • JennJenn Member Posts: 9
    Hi Car_man,

I was offerred the following on a 528i, could you tell me if this is a pretty good deal? I think I can get them to go to invoice on the car, right now he's at $500 over.

MSRP: $50,925 (Nav and premium package)
    Residual: 60%
    Cap Cost: $47,955
    12K miles/36 months
    MF: .00145
    Rebate: $2,500
    Add on: $970 (assuming this is destination fee?)
    Adjusted Cap: $46,425
    Total annual fees: $398
    Total initial fees: $36
    Amount due at start: $1238.28
    Monthly payment w/CA tax: $598

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, I need to decide by Sat to get this...my lease is up on my 530 on 3/11.

Thanks!!
  • erik13erik13 Member Posts: 3
    Carman,
    Why do I see posts here where people ask if $709 is a good deal on a 528xi for 36 months if the BMW website has them with Premium package and auto trans for $559? Are the lease specials shown there realistic? How much dealer contribution do those monthly payments incorporate?

My goal is to lease a 535xi, 36mo, 10k miles, 4K down, for close to 500 per month, since the BMW site has it listed for $629 with 3500 down. I'm estimating that BMW's numbers have 2000 dealer contribution, and I would try to get for invoice.

Thanks
    The BMW website mentioned that the $2500 incentive was not only for prior lesses, but also for BMW financial customers. Does anyone know if you sign up for the BMW credit card, would you be eligible for the rebate?
  • robprivirobprivi Member Posts: 9
    I live in Atlanta and I am not eligible for the loyalty discount. I am trying to lease a 535i with the premium package. The msrp is 55K. The best my dealer says he can do is 1450 down 650 per month with tax(6%). Reading the above posts, this does not sound like a good deal. Any help would be appreciated.
  • smithsongasmithsonga Member Posts: 123
    My advice for ATL:
    Get dealers to compete for the same or similar car.
    Try Chris at Global, Josh at Macon and Rick at Athens.
    Good luck
  • robprivirobprivi Member Posts: 9
    I called around and got close to the deal I wanted. I leased the car for $536 down $650 month(tax included). MSRP was 55,320.
  • jkmiecjkmiec Member Posts: 5
    Got a dealer that will do this $859 a month 10k miles 36 months.

2009 535
    Sport
    Premium
    Comfort
    Power Sunshades
    Heated Seats
    Park Distance
    Navigation
    Sirius
    iPod

MSRP is $62,300
    Selling to me for $59,310

From what I can see this is about $500 over invoice which seems reasonable.

I also have $3200 rollover on an X3 that is figured into the deal

$859 / month 36 months Taxes included, Only first payment down.

My issue is that it has the old i drive. Is it likely that doing ED on a new 2010
    with same options and saving the 7% that I will get a better deal?

Thanks
  • smithsongasmithsonga Member Posts: 123
    I didnt run the #s, so I will trust you on that. But the lease price is very high..which maybe because of the early turn-in costs. (X3)

One point to consider. I just got a 2007 550i Certified car. 30k miles on it for $35k. It is a $72k car loaded with the V8. I financed it for $640/month. Warranty until 2013, 100k miles. I will have equity in this vehicle making my relative monthly less as I will get some of that money back. lease is a throw away.

$200/month cheaper than the deal you are listing.

Just a point to consider.
  • jkmiecjkmiec Member Posts: 5
    One thing I think BMW FS should do is "eat" at least one of my payments to re lease with them. What's the best way to get that to happen ?
  • georgia8georgia8 Member Posts: 1
    I received the following lease offer:

2009 528i
    36 month/ 10K
    $2500 Reduction from BMW (Covers in fees)
    Selling Price $48,114.52
    Residual Percentage 61% ($30,634.20 at lease end)
    Money Factor .0020
    $2500 down
    $519 mthly payment

Can someone share their opinion of this offer?

Thanks
    Hard to say since you don't mention the msrp, but BMW website has 528i for 459 per month with 3500 down, plus an additional 2500 off (which would reduce the payment even more). this was for msrp 49,025. Sounds like your payment is too high.
  • daeNeedACardaeNeedACar Member Posts: 4
    Hi georgia8, That doesn't look so good to me. Here is the offer I've been considering (in NY):

2009 528i sedan with xdrive, premium, cold weather, rear folding seats
    MSRP $52550
    Invoice: $48375
    Selling Price $47290
    36 mo/12K
    Residual 60% ($31530)
    Money Factor 0.00145
    Nothing down (other than taxes, fees)
    $552.07 per month
  • rperrper Member Posts: 1
    I got a lease deal for $599 per month 10k 36mos premium package with navigation $6178 due at signing. Ray Catena BMW Formerly Westchester BMW.
    MSRP $59,200
    Is this a good lease deal ?
  • cnj31cnj31 Member Posts: 2
    Dear car_man and kyfdx,

Do we have BMWFS' Money factor, the residual %, and Acq fee for a 36 months, 15K miles lease for: 2009 528xi, 535xi and 535xiT ?

Also, what kind of incentive is available for leasing and Financing for people who are NOT BMWFS' customers? I heard for leasing, BMWFS provides $2,500.00 Cap Cost reduction discount. And for financing, BMWFS has 0.9% for 60 months plus they will take care of the first two months payments, are these correct?

Thank you,
    What's up, doc4242? Here's the latest info that I have seen. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 335i xDrive Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00200 and 48%, respectively. BMW is providing a $1,000 cash incentive and a .00030 money factor reduction to current lessees who lease this car.

Please post any additional questions that you have about leasing a new 3-Series in the "BMW 3-Series Lease Questions" discussion. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Jenn. You should be able to do better than $500 over invoice on an '09 528i right now. BMW is currently providing a $2,500 cash incentive on leases of this car to current BMW FS lessees and to the current owners of select competitive vehicles. If you qualify for this cash, and it is very likely that you do, you should be able to get this car for well below dealer invoice.

The money factor that you were quoted, .00145, is correct for current BMW FS lessees.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi erik13. For a number of reasons, the advertised lease payments on BMW's site are a little on the low side. While it is true that one should be able to negotiate a lower selling price than the one that was used to arrive at the advertised payment, the ad does not include sales tax and it assumes that the lessee is making a substantial capitalized cost reduction...which is never a good idea. Furthermore, the vehicles that manufacturers advertise rarely contain as much equipment as the vehicles that most people get in the real world. More equipment = more money.

Car_man
    Host
  • sully007sully007 Member Posts: 1
    BMW is offering the following deal, but does anybody have any idea what your credit score needs to be to qualify for this offer or is this bait and switch crap? I live in Dana Point CA.

$529 Monthly Payment
    36 Month Term
    $3500 Down Payment
    $550 Security Deposit
    10000 Annual Mileage

Restrictions Lease based on 2009 528i Sedan wit Automatic Transmission, Premium Package and MSRP $49,025 including destination charge. Actual price may vary. Dealer contribution may affect terms. See dealer for details.
  • dexinsddexinsd Member Posts: 6
    Seems like a reasonable deal based on what I've seen. I just got a quote -- same packages and options, except no Nav and it had heated seats. Same MF and residual. Sale price was $55,900 -- they said invoice plus $500. Monthly payments $700 w $1250 drive off. This includes $2500 of loyalty money for being a current BMW financial services customer.

Anyone out there seeing anything better than $500 over invoice??
    Hi erik13. I doubt that having a BMW credit card would make you eligible for BMW's owner loyalty cash, but I suppose that one never knows. I have some good news for you though. BMW recently expanded this program to include not only loyal customers but current owners or lessees of competitive models. If you own another luxury vehicle, there is a good chance that you are eligible for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jkmiec. Unless BMW is running some sort of official early lease termination program, like Mercedes-Benz often does, having them eat one of your remaining lease payments to get you into a new vehicle is not going to happen. Sure, the dealer will tell you that they are making your last payment for you or eating it or whatever, but in reality all they are doing is using profit from your deal to make your payment. The dealer using profit from your deal to get you into something else hampers your ability to get the best possible deal on your new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi cnj31. Here's the information that you're looking for. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 528xi with 15,000 miles per year are .00175 and 58%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 535xi are .00175 and 58%. Lastly, the numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 353xiT are .00175 and 58%. Wow, that was redundant...they're all the same.

BMW FS' base lease acquisition fee is $725.

If you opt to finance instead of lease one of these cars, you can do so through BMW FS at 0.9% for up to 60 months, regardless of whether you are a returning customer or not.

As you have heard, BMW is waiving the first two payments on finance contracts and providing a $2,500 cash incentive for most customers on leases.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi sully007. Unlike many manufacturers' captive finance companies, which have credit tiers that have different money factors depending upon what your credit score is like, BMW Financial Services uses a pass / fail system to borrow a term from school (man that was a loooong time ago). Either you qualify for its best available lease program, or you can't lease through them. Unless your credit is really messed up, chances are that you will be approved to lease through the program that you referenced in your post.

Car_man
    Host
  • cnj31cnj31 Member Posts: 2
    Dear Car_man,

Thank you very much.

So for both new and returning BMWFS customers, BMWFS will wave the first two payments on finance also BMWFS will provide a $2,500 cash incentive for most customers on leases. Am I correct?

Why it is "most customers" not "all customers"? Because of their credit score?
  • bobby_jbobby_j Member Posts: 5
    I am looking at a $61,000 sticker on a 535xi with 15,000 miles
    What is a "good deal" that anyone has seen out there to lease for 3 years? I will not pay to reduce the cap. costs. I hear about this $2500 reduction being offered but seeing as times are so tough, where are the super-attractive offers you hear about on the news? Also, if I want to buy an extra 5,000 miles per year - how much should I expect to add to the monthly nut?
  • woodard1973woodard1973 Member Posts: 9
    I got a lease offer of $727/month. 15k miles for 36 months.

528i
    nav
    premium package
    comfort package
    cold weather package
    ipod

msrp $53, something
    cap $49,995
    BMW FS rebate $2,500
    58% residual
    $800 security deposit
    $925 (i think) acquisition

Looks like I could get the cap down a little more...

thoughts?
  • dexinsddexinsd Member Posts: 6
    I'm being told by the dealer that the $895 "lease acquisition fee" is imposed by BMW FS and is absolutely non-negotiable. Does anyone know if this accurate?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,695
    The base fee is $725, but the dealer can mark it up as high as $925...

The fee does go directly go BMWFS.... the only part that is negotiable is the amount over $725...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• dollar_pounddollar_pound Member Posts: 46
    i think dealer is ripping you off. Check my earlier post, i recently got a 528xi msrp 52 for 530.month ..in NJ....i think you can get your car at about the same price....(some dealers will give you the loyalty even if you are not a returning bmw lesee...)
    The question is, did you pay a "cap cost reduction" when you leased it? How many miles annually? What other fees did you pay at signing. They all are figured in by the dealer. I am in NJ as well.
  • woodard1973woodard1973 Member Posts: 9
    I've contacted every dealer in the DC / NoVa/ Baltimore area and the best deal I've got is just under invoice. $52,025 for $48,500.

Maryland leases are one of the worst, we have to pay tax on the total purchase price ($2910), unlike other states where you pay tax on the sales price minus residual value (in NJ you'd pay $1969)- so my figures will include about $1000 more rolled into the price

6% tax. 58% residual, 0.00175 MF (I was told that once you apply for the lease, if you are tier 1, that could drop to 0.00145), $2500 BMW loyalty (everyone gets this), $725 acquisition comes out to $707/ month

That is a 15k per year lease, with only first payment down.

so dollar...you've got a higher residual, 60%, and lower taxes, thats how you got the $530 payment - sucks for me, great for you.
  • gti329gti329 Member Posts: 8
    Hey Car_Man,

does this special MF apply only if you have an existing lease with BMW or i had leased an '05 3 series that ended march '08, would that qualify?

tks.
  • rprbmwrprbmw Member Posts: 1
    Can I get a better lease deal? if so where and what poarts are neg?

Dealer quoted me the following:

535ix wagon
    36 months and 22,000 miles a year- yes I do need that much!

Options:

Blue/ saddle
    premium
    Cold
    Nav

MSRP is $61,925

EDMUNDS price 58,250

dealer quotyed price $59,565

monthly payment $772.00

Aq fee 725

Deposit 650

Tax state is CT @ 6% of lease only I think-not total car price

Down payment $6,143

MF translates to 4.2% he told me

This includes $2,500 off. I own a BMW but am not a BMW FS client

what areas specfically can I negotiate on?

MF

Deposit?

MSRP discount?

Like to get monthly down by $100- possible?

Also I would like to add sattilite radio

Any body have a good internet salesperson in the tristae NY area to deal with- name? #?

THANKS!!!
    ok was offered following on a 3yr/15k lease with following options:

Nav
    Premium
    Comfort
    Cold weather

MSRP: 59775
    Adj CAP: 54450
    Payment without tax: 678.68
    In New York.
    Total out of pocket including taxes and fees: $3800.

would appreciate your thoughts/feedback.
  • sjd3sjd3 Member Posts: 12
    Carman: Im in southern california and was recently offered the folloiwing deal on a 2009 528i black on black, sport package, premium and Nav. Here are the numbers:
    MSRP as equipped --- $53,825.00 (includes $825 dest. charge)
    Net cap cost ------------ $50,625.00
    term is 36 months
    milage is 15K
    Residual is $31,218
    Due at signing is $2000.00

Monthly payment is $637.19 plus tax = $686.57 total monthly payment

This is for a new 528i.. What do you all think?
  • professioprofessio Member Posts: 7
    Hey where in ny are you? i,m interested in the same car with similar options. thaqnks, rob
    Rockland Co.
  • j1ggastylej1ggastyle Member Posts: 6
    Hey guys & girls...

$459/month for 36 months plus an additional $2500 off your lease*Vehicle Registered outside N.Y.
    • $459 First months payment
    • $3,500 Down payment
    • $500 Security Deposit
    • $725 Acquisition fee
    • $5,184 Cash due at signing

Could they reduce the $5,184 due at signing to $2,684 based on the additional $2500 off offer?
    oK gang.... here's the best BMW dealers are offering in my area:

09 BMW 528i
    premium
    sports
    Nav
    ipod and usb adapter
    36 months

MSRP is $54,225
    Selling Price is $50,850 ( this includes the $2500 cash incentive)
    Cash out of pocket is $2000

Monthly payment is $672 (this includes the tax)

What do you all think?
    sjd3,

what state is this in and what is your tax%?

tks.
  • tamarabtamarab Member Posts: 2
    Hello,
    I need to know if sjd3 has a good deal also. I live in southern california and called a dealership and was given a car note offer of $800, which I already know is way to high and that was with the incentive. I asked for the same options, mileage, months etc. as sjd3. I think this guy at BMW wanted to see if I knew any better.
    Thanx
    I am in Southern Calif and the tax rate until April 1 is 7.775%. Please read my prior posts and based upon my observations, it appears that for what im lookikng for, with minimal out of pocket a monthly payment in the $680 range (incl tax is about the best you will get,
    Any thoughts car man?
  • zcqqzcqq Member Posts: 3

I am now urgently trying to find someone to take over my lease on a 2008 528xi with 688/m, which the price I pay now.
    I called BMW financial services, they say the only way is to do the Lease Assumption!
    basically I find someone and have him/her go through the BMW credit check, if she/he qualifies, then we do the paper work, switch the name on the lease, it's totally different from the term Sub-lease, which is not allowed under this case.

I post ad on craigslist, seems like no one likes to do the 'Assumption'! and i googled some famous website like 'swaplease' or 'leasetrader' etc,,, they all charge heavy money on posting adz, and i am worrying about if those sites are scams!

can anybody tell me what to do ? who had such experience before? are those websites working?

thanks a lot !!!
This discussion has been closed.