Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW 5-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• bmw530ownerbmw530owner Member Posts: 22
    Wow, I also lease a 2007 530i, but NO luck in getting any loyalty cash.

I finally buyout my 530i with 31K (orig residual value 35,300) w/o CPO certificate

Spec:
    2007 530i
    sport/premium pkg
    30K total miles

Add 2k for CPO certificate
  • blackjack300blackjack300 Member Posts: 4
    Hi, Newbee here...

I was offered a new 2009 535i for
    2500 total drive off for $585.
    5000 total drive off for $509
    Premium and Sport package with iPod.
    36 mon lease, 12k miles/year.
    MSRP: 57,625.

Let me know what you guys think. Let me know soon as I have to go pick up the car tomorrow. I am located in Diamond Bar area. Thanks in advance!!!
  • lalakrsfanlalakrsfan Member Posts: 44
    comer98, question on the BMWFS pull-ahead program...how did you learn of this program? We have a '06 Z4 with EOL date of July 31. With a 3 month old baby boy, we need to replace the Z4 now but haven't heard of anything like this pull-ahead program. Thanks in advance for any insight you can share.
    Hey blackjack300, based on the payment it sounds like a good deal, definately go with the lowest drive off possible, in particular avoid a down payment if at all possible. Is the payments you quote including sales tax? We are up in Nor Cal and looking for a similar deal on a 528 or 535.
  • comer98comer98 Member Posts: 23
    I actually was contacted by my dealership and they told me about the program. The notes that I have indicate the pull-ahead will waive the last 3 payments of your lease current lease on an '06 or '07 X3, X5, Z's and 3 convertibles. The additional loyalty cash was for X3 lessees only. I think the qualifier is that you have to be in a current 30 or 36 month lease and you cannot ever have made a late payment. The pull-ahead expires June 1, 2009 so if you want to take advantage you need to move quickly.
    It's without tax. So is it still a good deal?
    Seems to be a great deal based on payment as compared to MSRP, but we would need to know the cap cost, residual and money factor figures to confirm.
    The residual is 60% and I am getting 2,500 cash back and plus another 1,000 from the factory. The salesperson said he is giving the car to me at invoice which I am not sure what the amount is. I am going in later today to finalize the deal and I can give you more details if you want it. According to him, he sold the rest of his 2009 535's and that the 2010 cars will be about $130 to $150 more even though the cars have lower MSRP becuase 2010 comes with free leather and iPod feature. The Money factor is .00175 I believe.
  • diyediye Member Posts: 45
    My 2006 X3 lease is up in early July.

Thanks to comer98's post, I learned the pull-ahead program. Thank you, comer98.

So here I just leased a 2009 535i, 36 month, 12k/yr:

MSRP: 56,400
    Purchase Price: 52,500 (3900 off)
    Cash Incentive: $2500 + $1500
    Residue: 60%
    Money Factor: 0.00126 with 7 Multi-Security Deposits (0.00175-0.00049)

Bank Fee: $725 ( 1st month payment and all fees rolled into monthly payment)
    ZERO out the door, except $4550 in MSD deposits.

Monthly Payment: $572
    Monthly Payment with tax: $622

I am already over my mileage allowance on the X3, with 2 months to drive. So I am very happy to turn in the car early w/o penalty. Plus, I am able to beat CA's May 19th cutoff date for the new registration increase.
  • dochaldochal Member Posts: 1
    Offered the following: 2009 535xi w/ premium, cold weather, navi, ipod. 36 mo., 30K miles. Around $59,500 MSRP; cap cost is $53,312 (incl tax). $1894 down (incl. $700 sec dep, licence, doc, and 1st mo.) for a payment of $648/mo.
    Yea or nay?
  • robfloridagoldrobfloridagold Member Posts: 15
    Sounds good to me --I'd take it
  • kalacckalacc Member Posts: 4
    Sounds like a decent deal. Did you receive more off the price due to the fact that you were a returning lease customer.

Also, which dealer did you go to.
  • diyediye Member Posts: 45
    The dealer is Crevier BMW in Orange County, CA.

To answer your question, yes and no.
    Yes, I did get more cash ($1500) from BMW as a return lease customer, I am not sure if it has to be a X3 customer.
    No, the discount I got from the dealer ($3900) has nothing to do with me as an existing customer.

Actually I could have squeezed a couple hundred more if I insisted.
    Irvine BMW almost offered me the same price on the phone, I didn’t bother to go there to try to save a few bucks.
  • stickyfeetstickyfeet Member Posts: 11
    can anyone provide insight as i need to replace the original tires on my 525xi. the lease ends in feb 2010. the orig tires are continental. do i have to stay with continental or can i change to another brand and if so how does it affect my lease. i have 31k on the tires, i expect to put another 10-12k on the car till i return it. i do not intend to purchase it at the end of the lease. any recommendations on tires?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    No problem robfloridagold. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 535i with 12,000 miles per year are .00175 and 60%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Seems like a good time to be leasing 5-series! Using the Costco Auto Buying program, after a couple of 5 min phone calls with a CA and his sales manager, here is the deal we are heading over tomorrow afternoon to sign.

'09 528i
    Titanium Silver
    Black Leather
    Sport
    Nav
    Xenon
    MSRP - $53775
    Selling Price - $47573 (after $2500 rebate)
    Sero down, drive-offs only
    $558+ tax

Does this sound like a good deal?
  • shive123shive123 Member Posts: 12
    lalakrsfan

What was the mileage you got per year?
    10K/36 mo lease
  • tx528shoppertx528shopper Member Posts: 1
    Should I continue negotiating for an 09 528i based on the current offer below?
    premium, xenon, heated seats, iPod
    MSRP 50,825
    Price 48,425 (2400 off + conquest $ additional deduction) Is there another $1k the dealer gets on 5's at this time?
    $ factor .0023 (which seems high)
    36 Mos,/12K per year
    $3,500 cash down(inclusive of taxes)
    residual 62% (I believe)
    lease 599.0 per month
    Thanks for your thoughts !
    Hi bmw530owner. What you were told is correct. The conquest cash that BMW is currently providing on select models is only good on BMW FS leases, not vehicles that are financed through it or cash purchases.

You are aware of all of the incentives that are currently available on this car. It's either the special lease program + $2,500 or 0.9% financing for up to 5 years + the waiver of your first two payments, up to a maximum of $750 each.

Car_man
    Host
    Your explanation was right on the money, x021627...except for one small detail. I believe that BMW Financial Services raised its base acquisition fee to $725.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi stickyfeet. As long as you rotate your tires on a regular basis there is a chance that the OEM tires will make it to the end of your lease without needing replacement. I've put more than 45,000 on a number of leased a number of vehicles (not BMWs though) and not had to replace the OEM tires because I did regular rotation.

Should you need to replace your car's tires prior to lease-end I don't believe that you are required to use the same exact model, but I am not sure of BMW FS' exact policy on this matter.

Car_man
    Host
  • bglickmanbglickman Member Posts: 7
    Car Man, Do you know the current residual for a 2009 535 witk 10k mi./year?
  • dmason12dmason12 Member Posts: 16
    Hi, With 10K miles per year on a 36 month lease, it is 61%. I just leased an '09 535i, blk/blk w/ MSRP of $60,575. Negotiated Cap Cost was $56,500. $2500 Customer Cash used as Cap Cost reduction. Drive off was $725 acquisition, $8.75 CA tire fee, $45 doc fee, 1st pmt plus tax and registration = $2200. Monthly pmt is $632.75 plus tax for 36 months w/ 10K miles per year. I could have gotten one that thay had sitting on their lot for a few hundred less, but they had to find this one for me because I wanted blk/blk, Sport and Nav. It also had the parking sensors which I also like.

As an added note, even if you drive 12K miles per year, I was told that it ends up being cheaper to buy miles from BMWFS before the end of your lease at .15 per miles than to lose residual value for a 12K vs a 10K lease.
    Great response,thank you. Just the info I was looking for. Which dealer did you lease from?
  • dmason12dmason12 Member Posts: 16
    Glad to help. Sterling BMW, Newport Beach. Used the internet department. Dealt by phone and email without ever going, which I prefer. Another dealer, more inland, may be a bit cheaper / flexible, but we live close by and prefer to have a the added services you get when you are a loyal customer. This is our 3rd consecutive lease from them. Added info is that all BMW dealers will try and charge you two extra fees: MACO and something else, which I guess are legit from what I have read, but just tell them those need to be included in your base price and not tcaked on as actual charges on your lease. Start at invoice and go from there. Also they are authorized by BMWFS to "mark up" the acquisition fee from $725 to $925, so don't allow that.
  • jjrnjjjrnj Member Posts: 13
    Wanted to share my experience here with you all since i have been monitoring it all the time. This was in freehold, nj

used the x3 pull ahead program (had 3 months left on lease) and was over miles by 6k and dented bumper

528xi Arctic Blue with beige leatherette interior
    Cold weather pack
    ipod adapter
    bmw assist/bluetooth

Sticker $50,800, 36 month, 12k miles

Ended up paying $500/month with tax included with $3000 at signing. Around $1700 for the normal fees and first month and an additional $1300 for cap reduction. And they just took my X3 and didnt charge me for miles or the bumper. Thought it was a pretty decent deal for a sick car.
    sorry meant monaco blue
    Hello jjrnj,
    Want to share my understanding.
    Did you receive the security deposit for your X3 back from BMW? Dealership does not handle the cost for the dent and the over mileage. BMW will first deduct the cost from the security deposit, remaining balance will be billed to you from BMW.
    Make sure replacing the tires with run flat. BMW charges $250+ for each tire that is not run flat.

If you intend to keep the vehicle, run flat is also required for CPO. You are fine if you want to keep the vehicle w/o CPO.

It requires some negotiation before my dealership was willing to CPO my BMW w/o run flat.
    forfeited my $500 security from my old x3. was told was in lieu of miles and damages. i was under the impression that the pull ahead involved the dealership and bmwfs agreeing on a buyout. that's what i read on bimmerfest. does that make sense?
  • ktx968ktx968 Member Posts: 5
    hi Car_man,
    Can you tell me what the money factor is for a 2010 550i euro delivery?
    I am looking at a 36 month lease with 15K miles per year. The salesperson is telling me that BMW finance dictates a higher euro delivery money factor than the 0.00175. Is that true? Is this negotiable?

Also, what is the lowest euro delivery money factor for a 2010 M5, with the same lease terms?
    thanks for your help,
    kt
    CARMAN do you know whether a BMW dealership can waive the extra miles and damage cost?
  • briandcbriandc Member Posts: 15
    Hi - this was the quote I received on an 2009 535ix that has 3,600 miles on it. Can you point out where they are screwing me. Thanks

MSRP: $61,845
    Cap Cost (or sales price): $58,000 (so he took $3,845 off the MSRP for a car with 3,600 miles on it)
    BMW Rebate: $2,500
    Buyer cap reduction: $3,500
    Net cap cost of the car is $52,000
    Money Factor is .00195
    36 month lease
    10,000 Miles per year
    Residual $37,725 (61% of the MSRP)

In addition to the $3,500 cap cost reduction, I am also paying the following:
    $650 sec deposit
    $637.54 1st payment
    $925 Acq Fee
    $220 Doc fee
    $500 up front tax (not sure what this is yet)
    Total buyer cost of $6,432.54 to drive off

It looks like my monthly payments should only be $572.00 + tax (but he quoted me $595 + tax

Thanks for your help and advice!
  • smithsongasmithsonga Member Posts: 123
    the discount for a 'used' car that happens to be not titled seems poor.
    I would not put $3,500 down
    Acq fee is too high
    doc fee is bogus
    I assuming the upfront tax is the sales tax on the cap reduction.
    Per the BMWFS program, the money factor should be .00175, though the dealer can mark this up, and it looks like they have, to .00195.

The acquisition fee is set at $725.00, though the dealer can also mark this up to $925.00, which it seems they have, too.
  • kevin530kevin530 Member Posts: 25
    Gotta say, all this discussion about leasing is making my head hurt. Acquisition fees, doc fees, residual value, net cap cost, buyer cap, security deposits - my god, how would anyone know what they are signing. All this and ONLY 10,000 miles a year. I commute 40 miles a day total and with pleasure driving I would over that limit in about 7 months. Can't fault anyone for wanting to possess the ultimate driving machine but the discussion here drives home the financial adage that leasing was developed for those who can't really afford the cars they want to drive. Lessee beware is my advise, if anyone cares.
  • ipipip316ipipip316 Member Posts: 14
    Hi Carman:

Got a quote from my current bmw dealer in NJ. My x3 will be end on july 30, 09. dealer offer me to take back my x3 now and exchange a 528xi.

Dealer quoted me:
    528xi with prem package, cold weather, navi and bi-xeon head light.
    10K per year
    $2500 out of pocket which including tax and reg fee and 1st month payment
    monthly payment is $590.00 as dealer said.

Is it a good deal? Dealer said the $2500.00 already including the deal and i don't have to make the last 2 payment on my X3.

Please advise.
    Thanks
  • chriscarchriscar Member Posts: 2
    Would appreciate comments on this deal. I'm coming out of a 2007 X3 lease and have (2) months left. In addition to the below, the dealership is also paying my last two payments on my X3 of $497 each ($994.04).

2009 528i - $45,800
    ZPP Premium - $2,400
    522 Xenon - $900
    609 Navigation - $1,900
    6AB iPOD/USB - $400
    Destination Charge: $825
    MSRP: $52,225

Residual 60% ($31,335)
    MF: .00175
    Term: 36 months / 12,000 miles

- No down payment
    - No security deposits

Discounts: $1,200
    Lease Cash for 2009 5-Series: $2,500
    Incentive for current X3 owners/lessee's: $1,500
    Capped fees: $1,474
    Adjusted Cap Cost: $48,499

Payment with Tax: $653.47
    Up-front fees: $302.49
    Rebate Tax: $240

Drive off: $1,213.96

Not included in the deal is the $1,000 rebate I would receive from the BMWCCA if I leased this car.
    On top of the lease rebate, if you are only getting $1500.
    The fair market value should be $500 above invoice. And I heard BMW of Morovia in Southern California is selling at invoice prices on selected models over the Memorial Day Weekend
  • xbimmer3xbimmer3 Member Posts: 1
    Hello All,
    Any advice would help......
    I'm looking at a 3 year lease/ 15K year in the Metro Boston Area.The MSRP is around $58,570. What should I expect for Monthly Lease Payments?
    I heard that BMW is not promoting leases due to residual values??

Thanks
  • topgun26topgun26 Member Posts: 16
    Any thoughts on this offer:
    2010 bmw 535xi
    Options- m sport, comfort access, park distance, nav, heated rear seats, value package, fold rearseats
    Msrp- $63
    Lease is $809 for 3 years and 12k miles per year. Only thing not included in price is tax. Which in by comes to 70 a month.
  • jimbonycjimbonyc Member Posts: 5
    Car Man:

I am looking at a 2007 530xi wagon. Does it make any sense to lease or do you get hammered on the MF and residual? Do you know what the MF and residual would be for this CPO car?

Thanks
  • hotmealhotmeal Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car Man

My x3 expires on lease in July. I learned the "pull ahead" program from BMW. My original dealer gave me a bad deal, so I was checking around This is what I got:

2009 528i Xdrive
    MSRP $52875
    15K per year
    Out of Pocket $1,000 (including 1st payment)
    Monthly payment (including tax) =$606.

I tried to negotiate it down to $575 per month and the dealer won't budge.
    They told me that they already "loosing" money for $400. What do you think?
  • chriscarchriscar Member Posts: 2
    Is the dealership paying your last two payments on your X3?

What are the rest of the numbers? With the numbers you have given, I cannot come up with a payment that matches, unless the Adjusted Cap Cost (Selling price of the vehicle including options) is about $400 - $600 BELOW invoice.

Money Factor?
    Number of Years for the lease?
    Adjusted Cap Cost (Selling price of the vehicle including options)?

Currently, there is $2,500 in Lease Cash for 2009 5 Series, as well as a $1,500 Loyalty Rebate for current X3 owners/lessees. However, you have to act fast, these offers expire June 1, 2009.

Also, don't negotiate the monthly payment; instead, negotiate the mark-up of the car OVER the invoice price. Invoice prices for the 2009 5 Series can be found here:

http://bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309571
  • hotmealhotmeal Member Posts: 4
    Thanks chriscar,

Yes, the dealer applies $1500 towards my X3 lease. I can walk out with no penalty.

The car has premium package, cold package, I Pod & USB and Xenon lights, with MSRP of $52875. The dealer applied $2,500 in Lease Cash and $1,500 Loyalty Rebate for X3.

It is a three year lease with 15K per year with $1,000 out of pocket (1st month payment & registration & doc fee) and no other money down.

Accoring to my calculation using a lease calculator, the adjusted cap cost had to be $46,460, depreciation $17,215 and a money factor about 0.0110 in order to meet the $606 monthly figure.

However, I don't believe that the dealer is loosing money and they won't budge to give me the $575 monthly payment that I wanted. I'm still pondering....
  • secondleasesecondlease Member Posts: 8
    Hi, all
    I am the first time to lease BMW. I found a demo of 528i 2009 with the package of:
    MSRP: 45,800
    ZPP Premium Package 2,400
    ZSP Sport Package 2,900
    416 Power rear sun shade
    465 Fold down rear seats
    494 heated front seats
    508 Park distance control
    522 Xenon headlights
    6FL Ipod and USB adapter
    Net total: 54,700
    Destination charge: 825
    Total Suggested Price: $55,525
    Mileage: 7,600
    Lease for 36 months with 1,000/month
    monthly payment: $549.47
    payments out of door: first payment: 549.47
    last payment of $550
    bank fee: 725
    Tax: $278.16
    Total out of door: $2102.63.

Can anyone let me know if this is a good deal?
    Thanks for your feedback.

Young
  • drgumsdrgums Member Posts: 51
    Does the $549 monthly include the tax?

What is the selling price?
  • smopartsmopart Member Posts: 5
    Leased a 2009 535 with Space Grey exterior and Dakota grey interior. It was a demo with 4000 miles. Bought it in Dallas, Texas. It had the following upgrades

PREMIUM PKG
    SPORT PKG
    COMFORT ACCESS SYSTEM
    HEATED FRONT SEATS
    NAVIGATION SYSTEM
    LOGIC7 SOUND SYSTEM
    IPOD & USB ADAPTER
    6-SPEED STEPTRONIC AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION W/OD

Paid only $500 down and lease price is $719/month for 3 years with 12,000 miles/year

Upfront payment was $500 down +1st month payment = $1219

2009 models are scarce but great deals can be had.

The dealer in Arlington was great. Experience in Plano at Classic BMW was awful Manager was a jerk
  • secondleasesecondlease Member Posts: 8
    selling price: $44700
    buyback price: $31187
    including $2,500 cash back.
    Is it good deal?
This discussion has been closed.