Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW 5-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• amandalalamandalal Member Posts: 3
    I got a deal for $1895 sign on and $609+tax per month for 528XI with value/premium/navigation/xenon. MSRP $52,765 from Marlton, NJ. 36months, 10K/year. I am not sure if this is helpful but will give you an idea.
  • bmwaudi2007bmwaudi2007 Member Posts: 5
    This board was very helpful. Here is my deal on 2010 528 xi, 36 months lease with 15K per year.

Pick up in Munich: January 14, 2010.

MSRP $50,720 includes added multi-contour seats,$1200, and satellite radio, $595.
    Agreed price: $44,110 is $500 over European invoice.
    Minus $2500 (BMW). Gave 7 refundable security deposits to lower money factor, equal to 7 monthly payments.

Finally, $546 per month with NJ taxes included.

Drive off includes 1 monthly, $546, aquisition, $725, title fee $305, NJ tire & record fee $355 and my $78 to simplify calculation of security deposits Total $2009.

Multiple security deposits: $546*7= rounded to $3,850.

If security deposits are returned at the lease end then I think that the deal is good and deposits are a good investment. Travel to MInich is not a problem for me but could be a hussle for some other people. In this case the deal will be higher but still close to the rock bottom. Note also that this is the !5K miles per year deal. The 10K mile deal would be ~$60 less.
  • needacar13needacar13 Member Posts: 7
    This is the deal I was just offered on a 525i

36 mos/10k
    MSRP 47,970
    Cap Cost 46570
    MF .00245
    $4000 "rebate"
    Residual is 61% of MSRP or $29261.70
    0 to drive off and 35 payments of $671 which includes 10% tax
    Monthly payment $671

I don't like this deal. I think they must have added the first payment, $825 acq fee, $235 gov't fee and $100 doc fee back into the cap cost.

The deal I would like is the following:
    MSRP $47,970
    Selling price $45,570
    $4000 rebate
    Therefore Cap Cost $41,570
    36 mos/10k
    MF .00245 - .00049 for MF of .00196 (want to buy down by posting 7 sec deposits)
    Residual 61% of MSRP $29,261.70
    Monthly payment of $481 + tax
    Out of pockets - 7 security deposits and $825 Acq fee, $235 gov't fee and $100 Doc fee. Do you think I can get it? Any suggestions where I can improve? Thanks.
    Sorry - not a 525, the car is a 2010 528i. Thanks
  • chris218chris218 Member Posts: 8
    I just finalized the lease...Here are the details. 2010 528ix with value package (MSRP $48,925) for 36 months, 10k/year. $625 due at signing (first month's payment) & $625/month. All fees (MV, bank, doc, etc) and tax (7% NJ) rolled into the payment.
  • chris218chris218 Member Posts: 8
    Rjorge3, I just finalized this lease in Bergen County, NJ...Here are the details. 2010 528ix with value package (MSRP $48,925) for 36 months, 10k/year. $625 due at signing (first month's payment) & $625/month. All fees (MV, bank, doc, etc) and tax (7% NJ) rolled into the payment. Hope this helps.Let me know if you have any questions.
  • wesleyan92wesleyan92 Member Posts: 4
    How much over invoice is your proposed selling price of $45,570? What are the options on the car and I can figure out invoice if you don't have that handy. The dealer has to honor the 7 MSD - if they tell you otherwise, you should contact BMWFS directly. The MF markup by the dealer is actually not bad at all since the current buy rate is .00240 (set to expire on 1/4 at which point it may go down but the rebates are set to expire too).
    Thank you!

Premium, Cold Weather and Sirius. Edmunds says invoice is $45,050, which includes the $825 destination charge.
  • gtligtli Member Posts: 27
    An earlier poster had speculated that there might be incentives available on the five series in the two or three months prior to release of the new body style, similar to the ones that Mercedes had on the E-Class.

Does anyone have any information or opinions?

The lease on my '07 335 is over in April.

Thanks.
    You are offering $520 over invoice which I think is completely fair - plus they are making a little bit of money on the money factor markup. Did they take your offer. FWIW: my deal was $500 over invoice and no Money Factor markup but I did pay $925 instead of $825 for the lease acquisition.
  • lookintobuy3lookintobuy3 Member Posts: 1
    I was offered the following deal today in Mass., and would appreciate any input:

528xi with premium and value packages, navigation, satellite radio

36 months, 15k miles per month

MSRP of $51,775, invoice of $47,670
    Base Cap Cost $48,500

Up-front costs of $2,150, monthly payments of $725.

Under this quote, the Holiday Credit is built into the reduction from MSRP to the negotiated base cap cost--shouldn't it be subtracted from the negotiated base cap cost instead? Any other ways I can improve on this? Thanks in advance for any help.
  • amandalalamandalal Member Posts: 3
    I paid $1,895.00 sign on and $625.00+state tax for 35 months. 10K per year, Invoice of $52,370.00, similar packages. It turns out to be almost same as your deal with 15K miles per year.
    The deal can be improved if you negotiate the Base Cap Cost equal to the invoice, $47,670 minus $2,500 holiday credit which is equal to 45,170. If they don't agree then offer them $500 over invoice so that the Base Cap will be 45,670. There are a dealers in MA who should agree with the deal. Otherwise, welcome to NJ where you definetly will do it.
    Best
  • stuck22stuck22 Member Posts: 3
    Went to dealer last night to be able to take advantage of the holiday cash. Found a 2010 528xi, MSRP of 51985, quoted me a price of 1033 per month (with 5000 Down), asked if it was a purchase, it wasn't 36 month lease, 10K miles. I was so frustrated didn't negotiate and left. Asked what MF and residual they were using and they wouldn't tell me, guess business is going so well they don't want to sell a car.
    Does anyone have BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 528i with 10,000 miles per year?

Also, any BMW cash incentive on leases or loyalty cash for returning customers?
  • rob_m3rob_m3 Member Posts: 8
    2010 528i 36/10

Residual 62%
    MF .00195
    $1500 loyalty

RM
  • mobilejaemobilejae Member Posts: 15
    My 2008 328i convertible is ending end of Feb. I have been looking to lease a 2010 528xi. The quote I got for a 36 month lease with 12K miles is $4073 one time payment and $669 per month. So price of car is $50,987.20 with MF of .00250 and residual of .60 off of msrp of $51,775. What do you think of this deal? This is with Premium pack, value pack, and navigation. I live in NJ. Which dealer can I get the best deal?
    You should use the new cars section to look up invoice on the car. My quick review shows invoice around $47,000 - therefore, you are paying about $4k over invoice for a car that is going to be replaced in the next 2-5 months. I would try not to pay more than $500 over invoice. Also, it looks like the MF should be .00195 - another area dealer is taking advantage of you. How much cap cost reduction is in the $4073? Don't pay any cap cost reduction. Finally, any BMW loyalty cash? I think there is still $1500 loyalty and maybe another $1500 from BMW.

Anyone else doing deals this month? I'm also looking for a 5 series lease. Anyone have feedback on BMW cash available this month?
    Mobiejae - that is absolutely a horrendous deal; you should not pay more than $500-$1000 over invoice. Plus you are getting gouged beyond belief on the money factor - the base factor is .0095; also your residual should be 61%. Dealer cannot change this - this is set by the mother ship.

There are no loyalty cash for January - the $1500 available last month was for a move from a 5 series to a 5 series. Good luck!
    You wouldn't happen to know a nice dealer in the North NJ area where I can get a good deal....do ya? Or anyone reading this post?

My lease ends at the end of Feb. I am going to get a 528xi, so help me out anyone who works at a dealer....

J
    Chris218,

is $625 all your paying when you pick up the car? You go them to roll the fees into the payments? Which dealer is this? I would like to do the same thing. I livein NJ.

J
    I got a good deal from BMW of Roxbury. My friend got a good deal from BMW of Bloomfield. Both are in NJ. You have to prepare before you start negotiating. You have to know the invoice price with all the options you need and don;t agree for any other than $500 over invoice. You may also asked them about multiple security deposits which reduce the money factor. And you have to tell them that all this information you got from this website. They do read it. Good luck
  • manhattan_bmwmanhattan_bmw Member Posts: 2
    My current lease ends early March for a 2008 528xi. Looking to replace it with the same. I have a written offer from a dealer for the car with value package + navigation, 36 mos at $614/mo. No cap cost reduction, taxes built into payment. Only money up front besides 1st payment is bank acquisition fee ($725), MV fee ($250), doc and inspection fee ($75), and fuel ($50), including first payment. Seems like a very good deal. Comments? Also, they're asking for a non-refundable deposit before giving me a VIN since they have to get it from the port. Is this standard? Thanks, guys.
  • ny2cany2ca Member Posts: 9
    This is a better deal than what I have been able to find in the Westchester NY area - most leases with the tax in the monthly, no cap cost reduction, configured the same way is about $685 (tax of 7.375%, ~$47K for the car) Can you share the dealer name, total car cost, money and buy price? mok212 (a) gmail.com Have never come across a non-refundable deposit - sounds strange.
  • hithit Member Posts: 36
    So I'm in the market to lease a 535xi. Is the consensus to wait until next month and hope that the rates drop or should I pull the trigger on a 500 over invoice with a .0023 money factor and a .62 residual value 36month lease???
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    With the new 5 out in a few months these are better buys than leases -- you should be able to get a much better price than 500 over invoice on a soon to be outdated model.
    A much better price meaning what? Invoice? Is it reasonable to ask them to give it to me below invoice?
    Local dealer is knocking 6-7k off msrp for new 3 series 09's. Don't see any left over 5's at all. What is the msrp and where would 7k off take you ?
    Did see the following. 2010 535xi 36 month 10k miles zero cap cost reduction -- fees/taxes extra. msrp 54225 605 per month. May or may not be current. If you are close -- wouldn't see any reason to to the deal.
    According to dealers quote, msrp is 58,870.. He was using a cost of 55,000 according to what he told me.
    6-7k off the msrp would save me an extra 150 or so montly, would be nice :D
    Would it be insane to ask the dealer to give me a car for a few grand under what their (supposed) invoice price is?
    Tell him you can do the deal for $100 less per month. But be ready to deal if he accepts -- tell him it's a budget thingy and you may want to wait to see the all new 5. There aren't too many 5's left--stopped building them so the scarcity may hurt discounts. Maybe there is a service loaner you can look into leasing with 5k miles or so. Otherwise if you really want it go for it but don't post what you did unles you want to open yourself to dissing. ;)
    Alright.

Also, what is the MF determined by? Is it a rate set by the BMW or can the dealers play around with it?

*edit* searched around the board and found previous cases of BMW playing it with it and allowing it to be adjusted.
    Would it be appropriate/reasonable to ask BMW to give me a .0005 MF?
    The mf is set by bmw -- I suppose a dealer could raise it but not sure. No negotiation on mf -- just make sure it is mfr correct. Ask the host but the mf you quoted is correct. Just try for a lower payment.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi hit. BMW sets the buy rate lease money factor for all of its vehicles. The buy rate is the lowest factor that its dealers are allowed to charge. Dealers are often allowed to mark up a bank's buy rates to add additional hidden back-end profit to deals. BMW dealers are notorious for doing so. That is why it is important to know what the buy rate is for the exact model that you want to leease prior to entering into any serious negotiations with dealers.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • tuckerman4tuckerman4 Member Posts: 2
    My 2008 528i lease is up in 2 weeks, and I just learned that BMW has instituted a Buyer Loyalty program for 5-series owners that allows them to extend their current leases for 12 - 18 months (you can cancel lease after only 12 months if you lease a 2011 5 Series).

The "offer" is that they will keep your original lease payment (with a few disclaimers) the same during the extension

I read the documentation from BMW to the dealership, and it basically says "try to get the lessee to buy/lease a 2010 model but if that isn't going to work and they have their heart set on the new body style coming in 2011, offer them the right to extend 12 - 18 months so we don't lose them as a customer".

Has anyone accepted this offer?

I am awaiting the quote from BMW FS, and I am curious what the money factor, base cap cost, and residuals come in at.
  • bornoborno Member Posts: 77
    Are you waiting for bmw fs quotes on a 2010 lease? I'd say lease a 2010(aggressively), cause the 2011 are a first model year, full price, etc., would not argue against the extention either as the new 5 looks amazing.

I need a car now, and have never leased before. Althought I'm a good candidate,(low annual miles, and good care for my cars etc.) I'm considering leasing because I might like to get a newer car sooner than later. Usually keep my cars for 6-8, but new technology has itching more often.

So my current options,(gotta have the manuel!), found two senerios that could work. Found a used and certified 2010, stickered for $66, could probably get for $47.5, great deal! Could do my usual and keep it long time. it's silver, which is ok

Also found a new 2010 stick that I could lease and move on after 3 years. It's gonna b more money, but I can right off the payment, and keep my options open. It's black, which I don't love.

Gonna get lease numbers, but the pre-owned might be to good a deal to pass up. What are the lowest lease payments people have seen for nothing down, 10K, or 12K annual miles, and a sticker of $66K??

If I didn't want a stick so much, I'd probably look at the audi a6, which is what I had.
    I don't think there are any great deals, but would consider leasing.

Appreciate any ideas suggestions or comments...thx!!
    Is the $2500 holiday cash incentive over??
    How long have you had the A6 and has it been troublesome re- reliability? You can get an A4 with a stick -- not as much difference in size as folks might think. There are performance options which should meet most buyers needs. Lease deals aren't too bad.
    Yes, mobilejae, the Holiday Cash incentives that BMW was providing at the end of the year were not continued when it introduced its January program. BMW is not currently providing any cash incentives on leases of the 528i or 535i, other than $1,500 loyalty cash for current 5-Series owners and lessees. It is providing dealer cash on the 550i and M5 though.

Car_man
    Host
    My sales guy said that instead of the $2500 cash, they replaced with with MF .00195 and 62% residual to make up for the no cash incentive. Is that right?
    So..
    After shopping around a bit, I've come across the following deal:
    535xi w/ Value, Premium, Sport, Navi

~$60,000 msrp
    ~$55,000 invoice
    .62 mf
    .0018 (due to multiple security deposits)

$720 per month with $7,900 out of pocket ($1,900+ $6,000 multiple refundable security deposits)

Debating between going with a less expensive car or this beauty.. am I getting a decent deal?

*edit*
    Also, concerning the refundable security deposit... If there is a total loss and/or theft on the vehicle prior to lease expiration, do I still get this money back or is it lost similarly as any cap cost reduction would be lost? Does BMW have a history of hassling people about getting the money back after the lease end?
  • kindzcarkindzcar Member Posts: 29
    You get it back. It is a great car
  • johninDCjohninDC Member Posts: 8
    I just leased my second 5 series and posted seven extra security deposits with each lease. I had no problems with the return of my first car and I am getting a full refund from BMW. These guys treat their customers the best in the business. As long as you return the car with normal wear and tear - I really think you will be fine. Good luck.
    I picked up my 535xi.

Thank you for the help guys, your help saved me thousands and put me into a beautiful car. :D
  • polavarapupolavarapu Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    Hi all - I have an opportunity to take over a lease- 2008 535xi fully loaded-6k miles- 6 months left on the lease- the car has some scratches on the Bumper, i have some doubts that is that when we return the car to BMW at the end of the Lease term, is BMW will charge us for the Scratches on the Bumper and can any one can tell me how should be the Car when we return the Car at the end of the Lease?

Thank you
  • econ101econ101 Member Posts: 4
    This is BMW lease end inspection guidelines:

http://fs.bmwusa.com/BMWFSPulp/HTMLIncludes/PDF/90day_DSI_kit.pdf
    What you were told is correct, mobilejae. BMW replaced the holiday bonus cash that it was providing on a number of models with improved money factors.

Car_man
    Host
  • bmwagainmaybebmwagainmaybe Member Posts: 11
    I am thinking about leasing a 535xi with Prem, Value, Nav, Sat, which Edmunds shows invoices for $53,095 with MSRP of $57,670. Salesman says his invoice is $53,990 and says he is using $500 above invoice to calc. lease sales price ($54,490). Salesman claims Edmunds invoice price is not right but yet he agrees MSRP is correct (since I can see it on the window sticker). He shows me the "card" from which they key in the lease info with the invoice price on it, but I am more than a little skeptical. Any thoughts? :confuse:
  • bmwagainmaybebmwagainmaybe Member Posts: 11
    Besides the new 535xi that I looked at in my prior post the dealer also has a 2010 demo 535xi with 4,000 miles on it loaded up with Nav, Prem, Logic 7, Sport, Comfort Access, Park Distance, Rear Sunshade, Value all of which makes car list for $61,395 and invoice as per Edmunds for $56,490.

If I lease I will take 15,000 miles a year for 3 years and will not go over the 50,000 mile warranty.

What do you think a reasonable price should be since the car is not "new"? I have no idea how to determine what is fair for the demo car since they say they would sell a brand new 535xi with less options as per my prior post for about $500 over invoice...if I can get the real invoice price out of the salesman since he disagrees with Edmunds invoice price.

Salesman asked if I would take the demo for the same price as the new one equip with Nav, Value, Prem and Sat.

Thanks for the help.
    edited February 2010
    When I was shopping around a few weeks ago for my 535xi, I was being offered demo cars for invoice by the dealers... The dealers are being pretty tight on the 5s because of the new models coming out shortly, and they stopped production of the xdrive 5's until fall when the new ones come out --- meaning low supply, a higher demand, and thus more of an advantage for dealers to be stricter on the pricing.
    With that in mind, know that the economy is effecting them as well, and they are more open to negotiations because they are moving a lot less cars.

(I got a new 535xi for a few hundred under invoice a couple weeks ago)
    When you lease a demo, the mf and rv are formulated by bmw specifically for that car. The numbers for new leases do not apply. Whether that's good or bad is anyones guess. I would have to save $200 per month vs new to look at that deal.
This discussion has been closed.