Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW 5-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• kwopkwop Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2010
    I am in the market to lease a 2011 535ix. Does anyone know if any discounting off MSRP is going on with this new model yet? Looks like about $1,500 per Edmunds.
    Anybody have anything to share about this?
    How are you getting this info from BMW. I tried to call them and I can't get through to customer service unless I have an active account even if I was a past customer.
  • zeegirlzeegirl Member Posts: 1
    Car_man,
    What would be the best leasing option for a 550 i with pp2, convenience package and sports package with $4000 down and good credit?
    thanks
    Zena.
  • TeenivTeeniv Member Posts: 10
    edited October 2010
    If the vehicle you want is parked at the dealership now, you can get about $3000 discount on MSRP.
  • scottw58scottw58 Member Posts: 38
    The price is $400 above invoice now via Zag Buying Service for 2011 BMW 535i or 550i (I did not check the 525i). I just received confirmation from dealer here in Atlanta . They will order it too. Just waiting on the lease rates tomorrow based on this pricing below Can anyone tell me now?..Need 36 months 10k miles per year.
    Here is details:
    2011 BMW 535i
    Pricing: MSRP Invoice Base MSRP $50,475 $47,005
    Jet Black Dakota Leather with Dark Wood Trim
    Premium Package $1,800 $1,640
    Premium Package 2 $4,900 $4,460
    Sport Package $2,200 $2,000
    Split fold-down rear-seat $475 $430
    Smartphone Integration $150 $135
    Total MSRP $60,000 Total Invoice: $55,670
    Discount 10/15/2010 -$3,930
    Selling Price: $56,070 $400 over invoice

How Your Price Works
    Invoice Price: $55,670
    Dealer #1 Price: $400 above Invoice

• You are protected at the dealership when you decide to buy a model with different options. Just ask to see the vehicle's invoice price to calculate the purchase price.
    • If you choose additional options, your price relative to Invoice will not change. Additional options are priced at the Invoice Price - not MSRP, so your selling price may change but not your price relative to Invoice.
    • Your Certified Dealer must offer all available incentives off the Invoice price. Your Price includes destination and all other manufacturer fees plus applicable incentives.
    • Your price does not include dealer documentation (processing), tax, DMV, registration, title, license, other government fees, or dealer installed accessories.
  • james195james195 Member Posts: 1
    What are Best new MF and residual for 3yr, 10,000 miles for 2011 535ix
    What is the current (October 2010) money factor and residual value for 2011 BMW 550i for 3 year lease, 10,000 miles per year. Thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi buddyluv1. Apparently, according to Edmunds' research, most consumers are paying significantly over invoice for this car right now. TMV is sort of an average selling price more than the best possible price for a particular vehicle. If I was in the market for a 2011 535i right now, I agree with you...I would shoot for a selling price of $1,000 over invoice and see what happens.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi kwop. BMW typically does not provide information on vehicles' lease money factors and residual values directly to the general public.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Zena. I would be happy to use BMW's current lease program to work up a sample lease payment on the car that you are interested in for you. I just need you to provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price, or at least its MSRP and dealer invoice price first. You can find that pricing data over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi james195. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 535i xDrive with 10,000 miles per year are .00230 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, scottw58. BMW Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 550i Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00230 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
    edited October 2010
    Thank you so much Carman! I've already negotiated the selling price with Atlanta Dealer to $400 over invoice on ordering this. Just want to make sure they don't screw me converting to a lease. I just used a online lease calculator for numbers below. Do the lease numbers look correct? What to make sure calculator works correctly. Thanks.
    2011 550i RWD
    Black Sapphire Metallic
    Black Dakota Leather
    Premium Package
    Premium Package 2
    Sport Package
    Split fold-down rear-seat
    Smartphone Integration
    Total MSRP $66,200
    Invoice: $61,415
    Selling Price: $61,815
    Adjusted Cap Cost $63,039 (Added Doc fee and Acquisition Fee)

Lease $982 per month (10k miles per year, 36 months term, Lease payments include sales tax (7%).

$2,014 down (DMV Fees, $982 is fully refundable security deposit - $350 disposition fee)

MSD Lease 2011 BMW 550i (7 Security Deposits)
    $929 per month (10k miles per year, 36 months term, Lease payments include sales tax (7%)
    $7,481 down (DMV Fees, $6,502 is fully refundable 7 security deposits -$350 disposition fee)
    Assumptions:
    Money Factor .00230 and
    Residuals Value: 58%
    Lease payments include sales tax (7%)
    36 month lease
    10,000 miles per year
    MSD = Multiple Security Deposits
    Acquisition Fee ($725) & Documentation Fees ($499) included in lease price
    Down payment is first month payment and security deposit(s)

After this I'm going to make a decision between the BMW (535/or 550) and Infiniti M56. Infiniti Lease rates and MSD seems a lot better.
  • siccesicce Member Posts: 11
    The spec's are:
    535i
    Black Metallic
    Dakota Leather
    Driver Assistance Pkg
    Premium Pkg
    Premium 2 Pkg
    Sport Pkg
    Auto
    MSRP $61,675

Based on $0 down, 3Yr lease, 12K miles

Thanks
    Aix
    To sicce
    $400 over invoice I negotiated yesterday at United BMW in Atlanta for similar car. I can give you sales reps name if you want. That is standard deal, don't pay anymore. You may do better. MF .00230. RV 61%. After test driving the new 2011 M57 yesterday. I just purchased it instead...I just liked it a lot better. Better reliability and more room in rear seat. I ended up at 1,100 under invoice..Better lease rates too. Thanks all for your help here. Good Luck
    scott,
    Can you tell me what the invoice is, I am going to talk to United BMW at the weekend.
    Also which rep did you deal with.

Thanks
    Sicce
    edited October 2010
    Sicce,
    Tolli at United BMW Gwinnett.
    2011 BMW 550i

Pricing:
    Invoice $56,300
    Black Sapphire Metallic standard on 550i
    Black Dakota Leather with Dark Wood Trim

Premium Package (standard on 550i)
    Premium Package 2 $2,550
    Sport Package $2,000
    Split fold-down rear-seat $430
    Smartphone Integration $135
    Total Invoice $61,415
    $400
    Selling Price: $61,815 over invoice

Tell her I sent you but be nice to her! LOL.. I've bought a few cars from her in past. thanks. She was disapointed that I went with Infiniti M56.
    Scott,
    I am looking at a 535 not 550, can you tell me what the invoice of the 535 is please.

Thanks
    Sicce
    Whoops Sorry. I was looking at 535i first..then I test drove 550i. Warning just don't test drive the 550i! LOL..

Here you go:
    2011 BMW 535i Invoice

Base Invoice $47,005
    Black Sapphire Metallic $500
    Dakota Leather $0
    Premium Package: $1,640
    Premium Package 2 $4,460
    Sport Package: $2,000
    Drivers Assistance Package: $1,595
    Total MSRP: $61,675
    Total Invoice: $57,200
    Selling Price: $57,600 $400 over invoice
    Scott,
    Here is what I got offered by the dealer: Is this a good deal on a stock car.

535i
    Convenience pack
    Sport Pack
    Premium Pack 1
    Premium Pack 2
    Graphite Paint
    Sport Auto Trans

MSRP: $62,125
    Offered for $58,125

Lease 3yr / 12K / $0 down / payment $867.32/month incl. Tax.

What do you think?

Regards
    Sicce
  • smithsongasmithsonga Member Posts: 123
    guys.

Comparison shop with Global Imports in ATL. Ask for Chris Smith. Great rep. I have purchased 2 cars from him and he gives a good deal and is great to deal with. I have found them better to deal with and better prices than United (and stay away from Nalley).

Tell Chris I sent ya, Jim Smithson

good luck
    Sicce,
    I came up with about that same number for leasing if no MSD and your adding the doc fee and lease aquisition fee. My calculations had a down payment of first month and 1 month security deposit. I figured your sales tax at 6%. Good luck. Signing off this blog for now.
    Scott,
    United are charging me Acquisition fee $925 and Doc fee of $599 - is this what they were quoting you?

Thanks
    Sicce
  • wllsuwllsu Member Posts: 1
    Looking at a two car deal and wondering whether I am getting treated fairly considering I am leasing two cars at once.

528i
    Premium Pkg
    Ipod
    Sat Radio
    Metallic Paint

328i
    Premium Pkg
    Value Pkg
    Ipod
    sat radio
    Metallic Paint

$6500 total down, incl. TTL etc. fees
    $1000/mo
    10k/36 mos

Sales tax, 8.25% (waived on the 328i but not the 528i)

Thoughts?

Thanks.
  • radithamraditham Member Posts: 2
    I got something similar, Graphite + dakota leather + premium2.
    The total cost out of the door was $60k. The taxes are close to 10% in CA.
    Does your offered price includes taxes, etc.? Thanks.
    edited October 2010
    Just bought 2011 535i , final configuration:
    - Premium 1 Pack
    - Premium 2 Pack
    - Sport Pack
    - Convenience Pack
    - 8-Speed Sport Transmission
    - Graphite Paint
    MSRP: $62125
    Price paid: $57,725 + Doc fee and Acquisition fee
    3yr / 12K /$0 down (except for taxes, plates, etc) / MF=0.0022
    Looks like you leased it. I'm hearing different money factors quoted. Were you able to negotiate the money factor?
    I think they have some flexibility depending on your credit score. Initially I was offered 0.0023.
  • malenkymalenky Member Posts: 16
    Did anyone hear of $1700 or $1800 options credit on a 5-series? I was offered that on a 335xi two weeks ago.
  • awinecoolerawinecooler Member Posts: 2
    Purchasing an '11 BMW 535xi with Premium, Premium 2 and Comfort Access. MSRP 61,025, my cost: 58,725; 3520 down (Taxes and Tags + First Payment), 754/mo for 12k/36mo. Paul Miller BMW in NJ, I live in VA.
    I strongly suggest Multiple Security Deposits (MSD). Putting down 7 x $800 (rounded up) you may come to about the same or slightly higher monthly payment BUT will get this money back after the lease.
  • calloremailcalloremail Member Posts: 1
    Highly recommend multiple security deposits.
    I'm in So Calif area.
    A few months ago, I tried to lease a BMW for the first time. I went to Rusnak Thousand Oaks, because I live nearby.
    For reasons unclear to me, they said the MSD program no longer existed.
    The price for the 3 series didn't seem that attractive to me.
    I went on the Internet. Found terrific deal at Alhambra (Henry Suh there); a bit far. And Nick, at Beverly Hills BMW, where I pass by sometimes. I offered both dealerships what I wanted to pay, and both replied right away affirmatively.
    Eventually found similar good deal at Center BMW in Van Nuys -- Michael G.
    No B.S.
    Maybe this rule doesn't apply -- but when you see how elegantly dressed some of the sales people are at Bob Smith in Calabasas and Rusnak in Thousand Oaks, and the facilities, you wonder if that's why the vehicles are so fully priced.
    All 3 (BMW in Alhambra, Beverly Hills BMW, and Center BMW in Van Nuys) were solid deals, but Michael G. most knowledgeable on cars.
    Rusnak and Bob Smith very bureaucratic, hard to deal with, and not at all in the ballpark in pricing.
    I would be interested in feedback from any of you re: So. Calif, because a relative may be doing a BMW next year. She is in Agoura area, between Bob Smith and Rusnak. But a friend who went to either place could get nowhere with a sales person who always had to get approval, back and forth. Better to go on the Internet. I think these two dealerships compete against each other, but not against Center, BH, or the one in Alhambra.
    Oh, one other thing.
    At Bob Smith, they tried to put an extra $200 on the bank fee, or leasing fee, whatever it's called.
    I'm curious about any other experiences in So Calif.
    Also, why are BMW money factors so high when interest rates are lower than ever?
    It makes it all the more important to get a BMW at invoice or below.
  • flenhoffflenhoff Member Posts: 12
    Hi all, the 2011 528i is $44,550 base.
    Plus metallic paint: $550
    Leather: $1,450
    cold weather: $1,050

Dealer (BMW Elmhurst, in IL) told me $699 per month, with zero down, 10K miles/yr. Comments?

thanks!
  • kevin7707kevin7707 Member Posts: 2
    loaded 550i MRSP: 75075
    Sale price: 70,300
    36 mos 15,000 miles/yr
    1168 tax included/month inceptions 2022
    I'm in the market for the same car - I got a quote on the similarly equipped car - heated seats only instead of the cold weather - $627 including tax with 7 MSDs and I walked away - time is on my side - I feel I could have squeezed the guy to below $600 - JMK BMW in NJ.
  • flenhoffflenhoff Member Posts: 12
    thanks, malenky... How much does each MSD lower the payment? And each MSD is about $700, right, so 7 would be $4,900? And is this a good strategy with one's money--to lock up about $5K for 3 years?
    You're very welcome, scottw58. This looks like a very good deal to me. $400 over dealer invoice is a great selling price.

Car_man
    Host
  • kevin7707kevin7707 Member Posts: 2
    I believe the RV was 55. ( i know the 535 RV is higher). Money factor I cannot recall (my bad). I don't know if this helpful. I've seen other internet deals that were more per month.
    every SD drops the MF by 0.00005 up to 7 MSDs for 0.00049 reduction. plus the SD if you are not current BMW owner (leasee?).
  • snal23snal23 Member Posts: 3
    2011 535i xDrive Dark Graphite Metallic

Convenience Package
    Cold Weather Package
    Premium Package
    Premium Package 2
    Sport Package
    Sport automatic transmission with shift paddles
    Split fold-down-rear seat
    Side and Top View Cameras
    Split fold-down-rear seat
    Smartphone Integration
    Destination Charge 875.00

Total Suggested Price 66,500.00
    Selling Price $64,505.00

36 months
    12,000 Miles
    Down $2,562
    $1073 a month tax included
  • kaysidkaysid Member Posts: 46
    Hello Car_man

I am in the market for a 2011 BMW 535xi I think the current MF is .00230 for October.
    Can you please tell me the residual based on 12000 miles a year for a 3 year lease. I also presume its a little early to see if there are any changes for the numbers in November?

Regards
    Kaysid
  • JPeriwinkleJPeriwinkle Member Posts: 9
    edited November 2010
    Hi Car Man:

Do we have any idea on the November Residuals and MF's on a 528 lease for 36/12 ?
    If not, could you confirm the October #'s for me please ?
    Lastly, how exactly does the Holiday credit of $1500 work? Is it tied to something else like a lower MF where you can not get both ect?
    Thank you !!
    Hello Kaysid. BMW Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 535xi with 12,000 miles per year are .00225 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,500 holiday credit that BMW just introduced on this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi JPeriwinkle. BMW Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 528i with 12,000 miles per year are .00230 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The $1,500 holiday credit is compatible with this lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • JPeriwinkleJPeriwinkle Member Posts: 9
    CarMan:

Thank you for your reply. One follow up question: I ordered my vehicle 6 weeks ago and locked in the better program #'s from that period. I know that I get better #'s that were locked in when I placed the order but do you think there is a way I can get the Holiday credit as well ? (or do you believe the credit is to replace the less advantageous residual/MF and they will not allow me to get both)

Regards,
    James
  • asteinbergasteinberg Member Posts: 138
    Read with interest. Squares with my experience here in So Calif
    Steve Thomas BMW, Beverly Hills BMW, the Alhambra BMW dealership, Center BMW all offered same excellent pricing.
    Rusnak/Thousand Oaks and Bob Smith/Calabasas (both great facilities) very pleasant people, just off on price. Also, no fun to see extra $200 added on to bank leasing fee.
  • kaysidkaysid Member Posts: 46
    Thank You Car_man!
    I was able to work up the following deal with a local dealer in NNJ. Would be interested in what others on the forum think. Can someone confirm that for November Promo the security deposit is waived e.g. $0 for a 5 series? This is what
    the BMW website says but is not reflected in dealers due at signing fees.

2011 BMW 535xi Sedan - Deep Sea Blue Met.
    Prem. Pkg.
    Fold Down Rear Seats
    Heated Front Seats
    iPod & USB Adapter
    MSRP $65,500
    Invoice $52,515
    Sales Price $52,915 ($400 over invoice)
    Lease Term 36/12,000 miles
    $1500 Holiday Credit
    $707.33 per month

FEES:

1st Month $707.33
    Doc. Fee $269.00
    Bank Fee $725.00
    Securit. Dep. $750.00
    NJ Tire Tax $6.00
    NJ Suppl. Title Fee $211.66
    NJ Tax Paid Upfront $1,938.23
    NJ Mtr. Veh. $309.80
    Total Out of Pocket $4,917.02

TIA.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    You have to take the program as a whole... Take what you locked in, or what's offered now..

You can't cherry pick pieces of each program...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• grandytgrandyt Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone confirm best possible mf/residual for 15k lease on 2011 535 xi--as well best sale price before $1500 credit--appears $500 over invoice appears doable--I am in MD--any dealers you can recommend? thanks
    You're very welcome, James. Unfortunately, you can either take advantage of the old program or use the new money factors / residual values with the holiday credit. You can't pick and choose parts of both programs.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.