Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW 5-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• karscokarsco Member Posts: 2
    Thanks very much for a very informative and detailed answer.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome sportconnect. Thanks for the thanks ;) .

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    No problem karsco.

Car_man
    Host
  • javyhdzjavyhdz Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

I’m looking to buy a new 528i and after talking to a Texas dealer he gave me a quote for a 2013 528i with Premium, Driver Assistance, Technology, Heated Front Seats, Multi-contour Seats, and Rear-seat entertainment:

msrp - $59,695.00
    sale - $57,000.00
    upfront - $4,500.00 including first month payment
    monthly - $750.00
    residual - 57%
    MF - 0.00175
    15k miles a year
    42 months

Do you think this is a good deal? I would really appreciate any comments you may have.
  • derekladerekla Member Posts: 2
    Hi, Car Man.

I want to lease a 2013 bmw 550 in the next few weeks. What would the buy rate from BMWFS be on a car if I am going to lease with 10000 miles/year and I am going to max out on the MSD option?

Thanks!
  • greggmillergreggmiller Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2012
    Folks,

Appreciate any advice you can provide this newbie with regarding the following scenario.

I am new to BMW and new to luxury cars in general. Working hard and finally willing to pony up some dough for a new luxury car. Test drove the 535ix and, must say, was impressed:

Car has an MSRP of $61470. The dealer offered to price it for a sale at approximately $1000 over invoice. When I discussed the possibility of leasing, the discount from MSRP "dropped" to 59,000 with a cash cap reduction of $1160. On my lease sheet, the adjusted cap cost is ~$57000.

I am being offered a money factor of .00155, residual value of 56% and 15,000 with overage at .15 per mile. I am being asked to put $2500 down and there are registration and doc fees of $503. A rebate is listed at $2000 (not sure where it applies...but I think it works its way into the adjusted cap cost).

Can anyone tell me if this is a reasonable deal and/or what areas I should negotiate to make this a better deal? Final payment works out to 721 per month before taxes.

Many thanks in advance for any assistance. Happy to provide additional info, if needed.

GM
    Hi derekla. BMW Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 BMW 550i Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00125 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

BMW is currently providing a $2,000 Holiday Credit on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi GM. A selling price of $1,000 over invoice minus the $2,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of this car is a decent deal on this car. The money factor that you were quoted is a little high though. BMW FS' buy rate for this model is currently .00125 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. Make sure that the dealer uses this factor to calculate your car's payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • zztop40zztop40 Member Posts: 2
    Hello
    I am interested in 535xi lease. The dealer has a 2012 model which he may price at or below invoice.
    Could you give me the money factor & residual value for 12000 miles/yr for 36 months?
    Could you also give me a approximate target price ?

Thanks
  • zztop40zztop40 Member Posts: 2
    I am interested in 2012 535xi lease. What are the incentives available ? I am completing a Mercedes lease currently.

Thanks
  • jddssc121jddssc121 Member Posts: 151
    edited November 2012
    Hi Carman

Can you let me know what Nov's rates are for a 36 month 15K year lease on a 2013 535 xDrive?

Did it change from last months 59%/.00135 ?

Thank you!!!!
  • nc_driver1nc_driver1 Member Posts: 56
    Hi Car Man,

I would appreciate if you could share the money factor and residual values for 12k/15k miles lease. Also, do you know if BMW runs any other specials in addition to $1,000 Holiday Credit and $750 Loyalty Cash?

As always, thanks a lot!
  • ooatiooati Member Posts: 3
    Could you please share the money factor and residual values for 36 month 15k miles lease on a 2013 550i sedan? Do you also have information o any current promotions, specials or incentives?

Thanks!
  • ihitcowsihitcows Member Posts: 74
    ooati,
    That'd most likely be .00125 and 55% with a $2,000 holiday credit available (through the beginning of January, I think), per Car_man's previous response to derekia.

Car_man,
    Do you, by chance, have the 39-month, 12k/year figures for that same model?

Thanks!
  • ooatiooati Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for your response but I'll wait for car_man to reply.
    Hi zztop40. BMW Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 535xi Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00135 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Make sure to take advantage of the $3,500 in dealer cash that dealers were paid out on this car in your negotiations. If I was going to lease one now, I would want to get it for thousands below invoice...say $2,500 to $3,000 under. That's just me, but you get the idea.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey zztop40. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jddssc121. BMW Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 535i xDrive Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00125 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

There is $2,000 holiday cash available on this car in November that was not there in October. Make sure to take it into account during your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey nc_driver1. BMW Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 528i Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00130 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

You are correct about the $1,000 holiday bonus and $750 loyalty cash. Other than a tiny bit of back-end money that's about all that's available on this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello ooati. BMW Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 550i Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00125 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

In November BMW is providing $2,000 holiday cash and $750 loyalty cash on this model.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey ihitcows. The 36- and 39-month money factors are exactly the same, but the 39-month residual values are 2% lower.

Car_man
    Host
  • derekladerekla Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Car Man. Got my 2013 550 at invoice less 3250 in rebates and buy rate on the financing terms. Salesman "accidentally" used October rather than November money factor, which would've cost me an extra grand over life of lease, but I caught him.
  • fyostfyost Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for all this info, Carman. Can you clarify the rebate/support available on 2013 528 or 535 right now? I have a post card from BMW financial saying that I can get a $3,500 holiday credit, but it does not specify what model it applies to. Then I assume there is still the $750 support for returning BMWFS customers? I'm now reading in this thread about some $1,000 holiday credit?

What rebates/support can I combine on a lease for a 2013 528 or 535?

Also, can you confirm that November MF for 2013 528/535 is .0013? Was hoping it was still .00125, but looks like it bumped up a bit. Residual for 10K/36 mo lease is still 60%?

Thanks again.
  • I don't see any forum activity for the ActiveHybrid 5 series. Can you provide details on what the Nov residual and mf are?

thanks
  • rmd3003rmd3003 Member Posts: 21
    Dear Car_man,
    would you please check November rates for 2013 550ix. Both 36 and 39 months with 12,000 miles.

Thank you very much.
  • jesteinjestein Member Posts: 1
    I feel totally clueless trying to understand your responses so I'm definitely scared about getting ripped off by a dealer. I live in zip 19803.

First, I am looking for lease in the 5-600 range with no money down. I am not buying the car at the end of the lease. I have been looking at activehybrid 5 or a 528ix. Is this doable and how much should I expect to pay from a dealer. I currently own a bmw 750li and am leasing a 128i. What would you recommend?

Second, I am looking for a lease in the 3-400 range with no money down. I am not buying the car at the end of the lease. I have been looking at 128i convertable, xdrive 28i and z428i. Is this doable and/or how much should I expect to pay from a dealer. What would you recommend?

Thanks for your help in advance!
  • omgrajomgraj Member Posts: 1
    Hi Carman,

I have been following your posts for 6 series for sometime. I decided to stick to 5 series for versatility (i.e.-Rear folding seats, spacious back seating) Thank you for sharing all your knowledge and helping everyone save money.

I ordered a 2013 M5 a week ago. Since the car is being built to order, the dealership told me that they can't really give any discounts of any sorts. My friend's dad who owns a dealership up in San Francisco told me average markup is 18%. For a MSRP at $104K, that certainly gives a lot of wiggle room.

My question to you Car_man is what discounts/rebates would you go for on a MSRP of $104K? I want to be far, I don't want to get the car for free, but I also don't want to be the guy who could have got $5K off and didn't. Thank you in advance for your help!
  • rlynn1121rlynn1121 Member Posts: 1
    Hello. I leased a 2012 528i in February of this year for 36 months. So I have about 2 years and 2 months left on my lease. Long story short, I've ran into some financial burdens and I'm looking to downgrade my car from a 5 series to a 3 series to make my monthly payments more affordable. I am wondering if anyone knows my options for downgrading while still in a lease and if it's even possible. Also, I thought about maybe buying my car and extending to 5 or 6 years which will make the payments cheaper. Is that a possibility?? Thanks for any help!!
  • ace008ace008 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    Hi Car_Man,

I am looking to lease a 535i 36 or 39 months, 10k miles a year. What's the current MF and residuals and what incentives are there?

Thanks!
  • fourwheels1fourwheels1 Member Posts: 1
    Morning. I am interested in leasing a 528i with navi and heated seats. Looking for 36 mo and 12K miles/year. Can you please share December incentive amounts/holiday cash and loyalty money. Also, what is the lease money factor and Residual for December?

Is December a good time to lease a car? Is BMW doing an big savings deals?

Big thanks for your help!!
  • wangt1015wangt1015 Member Posts: 2
    Car_man,

What is the December money factors and residual for a 2013 535i

36 months / 15,000 miles per year
    or
    30 months / 20,000 miles per year

thank you
  • sergeymsergeym Member Posts: 283
    The only feasible solution in your situation is to have someone take your lease over. There are two sites that I know about - swapalease and leasetrader.
    The people there expect great deals but if you monthly payment is relatively low you should be able to find buyers.
  • xmonaxmona Member Posts: 9
    I need to know what I should pay for a 2013 BMW 535I MSRP $60,670. Sign & drive (first mo & fee & dmv fee) apx $1900. I got a phone quote of $706/ 39mos 10K. I think it should be around $635 range. I know that there is a $2K holiday rebate. Also, I was told that the 535I has a better deal than the 528I w/ the same options.
    You're welcome derekla. Great job at negotiating. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    Hi fyost. There's $1,000 bonus cash on the 2013 528i and $2,000 on the 2013 535i. The $750 loyalty cash is indeed still there.

The money factor for the '13 528i is .00130. The money factor for the '13 535i is .00125. The residuals for 36 / 10 are 58% for the 528i and 60% for the 535i.

Car_man
    Host
  • buddyluv1buddyluv1 Member Posts: 9
    I was quoted this today and I feel like it is too high....and the residual value seems off:
    msrp: 53,695
    residual value: 55%
    Money Factor: 1.3
    12,000 miles
    39 month lease
    total drive off: $2500
    Monthly payment including tax: $562
    premium package, navigation, anthracite wood

Can u please let me know if this is off?
    thank you
    Hi hamlyn. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 ActiveHybrid 5 with 15,000 miles per year are .00125 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi rmd3003. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 550ix with 12,000 miles per year are 0.00125 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome omgraj. I'm not surprised that the dealership isn't all that interested in giving you a discount on an ordered M5. That's a pretty expensive car that they probably wouldn't be able to move very quickly if for some reason your deal fell apart before you took delivery. There's definitely wiggle room in this car's price, but if you're not willing to shop around and take something out of inventory your ability to get at it may be somewhat limited.

As far as this car's pricing goes, a base without any options M5 Sedan has a spread of $8,000 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. On top of that there's a $2,000 holiday cash incentive available on this car right now, giving you a minimum of $10,000 to play with in your negotiations.

I personally would want a significant discount on this car, but again it may be difficult to get one on an ordered vehicle. If you haven't officially placed your order yet, you may want to consider shopping around to see if another dealer would be more reasonable on the price.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello ace008. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 535i Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00125 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00125 and 58%.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome fourwheels1. BMW Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 528i Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00130 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

As far as the cash incentives go, there is $1,000 holiday cash and $750 loyalty cash on this model right now.

December is an excellent time to get a new car. BMW is running additional behind the scenes volume incentives for dealers and is really hammering on them to try to rack up as many sales as possible in an effort to outsell Mercedes-Benz for the year.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi wangt1015. BMW Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 30-month lease of a 2013 535i Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00125 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00125 and 57%.

If you need to drive more than 15,000 miles per year, you have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
  • jkauf1jkauf1 Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    Hi,

was looking at a 535i with navi, performance package, driver assistance package. dealer went through a bunch of number crunching and fancy terminology but basically came down to me plunking 30k down for the lease as a 1 time payment rather than 31-32 if i space it out and put no money down. the MSRP on the car is about 64k

I have read a bit about these one-pay leases and there (like most things) seems to be mixed reviews. Was wondering what your thoughts would be?

thanks
  • bchipsbchips Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car man!

Looking for the latest lease rates on a 2013 528i for 39 months and 10K/year. I was quoted .0013 and 56%, does that sound right? Is a 535 with same terms much better right now?

Thanks so much!
  • jcmiami1jcmiami1 Member Posts: 2
    2013 BMW 528I

Alpine White
    Beige Interior
    M Package
    Premium Package
    Technology Package
    Heated Front Seats
    Sports Tranny
    Premium Sound

MSRP - $58570.00

Selling Price - $54,955.00

39 month/10k mile - Monthly payment of $733.00 with $1,000 Out of pocket
  • rparik01rparik01 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car man,

Earlier you mentioned that dealers are given 2500 to 3500 as an incentive, is that still going on. I believe you mentioned 3500 for a 2013 535. I am in the process of negotiating a lease and I have already been quoted just below the edmunds invoice on a 67,670 MSRP car. However, the dealers also quote their invoice as higher. Nevertheless, if the indicated invoice on edmunds is 62,240 what should I be aiming for as a STEAL of a selling price? Thanks for your help.
  • bimmer_guybimmer_guy Member Posts: 5
    Hi Car man/Experts,

Need some expert advice from you.

Here is what is offered to me: MSRP 56K for 528i – TECH/REAR VIEW /Premium pack with Heated seats.

Discounted price- 52 K.

Lease option for 12k/year- is with money factor of ..00170 and 55% residual

They are charging me acquisition fees of $925 and tax and with my trade-in of $9500.

Also, they are offering a holiday credit of $1750.

The lease quote is $473/month for 39 months.

I need to make a decision if to go ahead on this.. Please suggest?

Thanks much in advance.
  • hithit Member Posts: 36
    It seems like you are putting your trade in 9500 as a down-payment? Don't put a down-payment on a lease. Don't. It simply doesn't make sense.

Read through these boards more, become familiar with what's key in lease calculations and negotiate based on that knowledge. Check Edmunds new car calculator for the invoice price of your vehicle. Don't do any more then a few hundred dollars above invoice. THEN subtract all incentives and holiday credits from the negotiated price of the vehicle. When you get the lease number from the dealer, plug everything into a lease calculator to make sure that the numbers add up.

Hopefully this post will be helpful :D
  • bimmer_guybimmer_guy Member Posts: 5
    edited December 2012
    thanks for the quick reply. Much appreciated.

How could i use my trade-in then?

Please share your knowldege looking into my situation & For MF and residual value looks right?
  • hithit Member Posts: 36
    Invest the money. Spend it elsewhere. Put it under your mattress if you want to. IF your state has it available, ask the dealer about buying down your money-factor, in which case BMW holds several times your payment to effectively lower the money-factor (interest rate). This may be an optimal option for utilizing your available trade-in cash to lower your payments, while retaining that money at the end of the lease.

A down-payment on the lease is not preferential. By putting a down-payment on a lease, you are renting a car, paying a non-refundable payment IN ADVANCE for the rental, and risking losing your money should the car be totaled or stolen.

Scroll up in the thread to see car_mans's most recent lease numbers response. It appears that yours a bit higher then usual, may be due to not-top-tier credit. Also your acquisition fee looks a couple hundred dollars higher then typical.
This discussion has been closed.