Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW 5-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Greetings wdl963. BMW Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 528i Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00130 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    You're very welcome ankitpoo. Congratulations on getting your new car. Thanks for taking the time to stop back and share the details of your lease with everyone. Real-world examples like this are always helpful for consumers who are in the market for similar vehicles.

Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mbdcars. Do you know what this car's selling price is? I ask because that number would make it much easier to evaluate this deal. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is more difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there is any room to negotiate the car's selling price. Let us know what this figure is and I'm sure that either myself or another helpful community member will let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • nj550inj550i Member Posts: 20
    Congrats on the new 550xi.

I was looking at the same car (Blk Sapphire) but prefer in Alpine White. I have purchased/leased 4 BMWs and never once did BMW of Freehold gave me anything below invoice. I live 10 mins away and always gave them the opportunity to beat the competitor offers. But they never came back with an offer. I have a couple of questions regarding your purchase price of $65,336. Just to clarify that you did not rec'd any loyalty/USAA incentives on the purchase price? You asked for 10% off MSRP which is $65,020 and they came back with $65,336? Do you know how did they came up with the price of $65,336? Just seem like an odd #. Thanks for your help.
  • mbdcarsmbdcars Member Posts: 2
    I believe the sales price is 57300.
  • ankitpooankitpoo Member Posts: 58
    hi!
    nj550i,

it all started with 2013 550ix with cold weather package (bmw of bloomfield, sister delarship of freehold). MSRP for that car is $66545. the selling price for that car is $60500. which is 90.9% off. that car is in Alpine white with black dakota interior, what you are looking for. lease price for that is $599 month with 7 MSD (.00081 after MSD) and Resv 63%. i told them to do 10% on my car which would be $65021 (MSRP $72245), which they didn't want to do. 90.9% ON $72245 is $65671, so i told them to split it and we came $65,336 as a result. all this was done before i went to the delarship, i didn't want to haggle in person. if you are interested in that alpine white 550ix, let me know, i can talk to them and see if that car is still available. freehold were willing to bring that car from bloomfield since it is there sister delarship. Thanx!
  • nj550inj550i Member Posts: 20
    ankitpoo, thanks for the reply.

The one in Bloomfield does not have the M-Sport package which is a must have option for me. Currently I have a 2010 550i M-Sport and need to sell private. Avg asking price on Autotrade is about $41K, CPOs are around $44K. And dealers want to give me $32K for trade-in (so, they can make $10K+ on my car). While shopping for my wife 2013 X5 back in Nov 2012, Freehold offered $300 over invoice while Park Ave BMW offered $1,100 below invoice. I know Park Ave have an Alpine White with MSRP of $74,445, but trade-in value without seeing my car is $32.5K. When I read your post, I was very surprised on your purchase price from Freehold. That is an excellent price without any incentives. Enjoy your car!
  • taffymontaffymon Member Posts: 2
    Hi car man:

My wife and I are negotiating a 36mo/10K per year lease on a new 535i. We are getting one that is jet black/oyster/black dekota interior, Driver assist pkg, M-Sport pkg, Technology pkg, heated front seats, power rear sun shade, premium hi fi system, i phone snap in adaptor and carpeted floor mats (MSRP $64,119). The dealer says they are doing invoice plus $500. They want $5500 total cash drive off with a total payment of $690/mo. They said this is with "elite credit" level. The car is being ordered from the factory. Is this a good deal? Should we wait for March incentives?? They historically give $1500 off at that time. We are talking to the BMW dealer in Escondido, CA a BRECHT dealer and dealing with Nabi and Pierre. They said 2013 cars cannot be ordered from the factory after March.

Thanks
    hi!
    nj550i,

wow, that trade in value is very low. just FYI, i was talking to internet sales assistant. Her name is Eileen. Tell her Ankit refered you, she will find the car you are looking for, and let her know to make similar discount off MSRP as me. Sometimes it's just better to sell the car on your own rather than trading it in. It is very hard for delarships to move 550's than 535's. Thanx!
  • whompwhomp Member Posts: 5
    The other thing to remember is that asking price is not what they sell for, especially at dealers. Look at Edmunds TMV and KBB to get a realistic idea of a fair offer.
  • ray1022ray1022 Member Posts: 7
    Hello Ankitpoo,

Thanks so much for posting your real world example and lease price paid. I am looking for a very similar car (2013 550xi with M Sport package). Found one at a dealer in NJ in the Carbon Black color I want, but they are quoting a much higher monthly payment (and the MSRP is slightly less than yours at $70,195). This is very useful info that you provided. I will try to get them down in monthly payment. To confirm, you did a 36 month lease? or 39 month? And just to summarize, your figures were as follows:

MSRP: $72,245
    Purchase Price: $65,336
    Resv: 63%
    10,000 miles per year
    MF: .00081 (with 7 multiple security deposits(MSDs) for a total of $4900)
    Monthly payment total = $689 (includes NJ tax)
    At closing, had to pay $2284.85 upfront which includes:
    1. 1st month payment of $689
    2. luxury tax: $261.35
    3. DMV: $304.50
    4. Tire tax: $6
    5. Bank Fee: $725
    6. Doc Fee: $299
    hi!
    Ray,

yes everything you have stated is correct. My lease is for 36months. Try to ask car_man what the MF and Resv are for 39months, and see which is better. I wanted to do 36months, because i wanted my lease to end rite around now. So i can get good deal in December when it is time to get a new car. I missed out in December, because i was on vacation. What i should have done is locked in the December incentives and than go car hunting in Jan. but lesson learned for next time. if the delarship you are talking to is not budging on the price, go to another one and say i am interested in this car, and see what they can do. Thanx!
  • ray1022ray1022 Member Posts: 7
    Hello Car_man, thank for your help - Per Ankitpoo's suggestion, can you please provide the following:

2013 550ix:
    36 months: MF and Resv
    39 months: MF and Resv

2013 535ix:
    36 months: MF and Resv
    39 months: MF and Resv

Thanks!
  • wdl963wdl963 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Car_man. Can you also give me the same info (MF, Residual) for a 2013 535i with 15k Miles and 36 Months?
  • virtualmayhemvirtualmayhem Member Posts: 2
    Hello Car_man,

I have been working on a purchase of a 2013 BMW 550i and this is what they have told me thus far:

MSRP: $74,770
    Invoice: $68,955
    Purchase Price: $70,000 (this is my target, we are still working to this, I'd like $69.5K Better
    Lease Term: 3 Years, 12K miles per year.
    Residual: 62%, I was initially told 63% but they said 12K a year is 62%.
    Money Factor: 0.0017

I have outstanding credit, when I do the calculations I get a payment of $854.55 excluding sales tax. Does the above information look accurate? I keep reading that perhaps waiting until March when incentives might be better may be the way to go here? I have read online that perhaps the residual on a 550i for 3 years and 12K miles is only 60%?

While I am at it, anyone have any good suggestions on dealers in AZ or nearby state? Dealer here is saying $2100 off MSRP is a good deal and I know that isn't true. They are pretty much not willing to move much. I want to do $500 over invoice or even lower.
    Hi!
    Virtualmayhem,

Resv you stated is correct, for 12K a year it is 62% for 36 months. 63% is for 10K yr. MF you states is higher. The correct MF for top tier credit is .00130. In my opinion 550's are a lot harder to move than 535's. I almost got 10% off MSRP for me. But than i live in NJ. Try to see to see what other delarships are offering. Thanx!
  • virtualmayhemvirtualmayhem Member Posts: 2
    Thanks ankitpoo. So if I adjust the money factor to .0013 without tax the payment comes out to $808.00 does that sound about right?

The dealers in AZ are hesitant to move off much more than $2500 off MSRP. Do you know if I worked out a purchase in say LA that they could do a dealer ship to one here in AZ? They seem to be much more willing to deal in California and even Las Vegas. I'm trying to avoid the tax and vehicle registration complications if buying and taking possession out of state.
    hi!
    Virtualmayhem,

If the delars in LA or LV can ship the car to you or the nearest delar, than i don;t see any problem. try to see what the online lease companies can do. try googling it to find one in west coast. as per the tax and registration, i don't think it will be a big problem. if you want more info on that, try www.bimmerfest.com. that is a very good website for BMW and ask under the forum for "Ask a Delar". there are so many sponsered delars on there, and they are all good. especially Greg Poland, Jon Shafer, they are the best. i bet they will help you out, and there prices are basically unbeatable. Thanx!
  • insidecarbuyinsidecarbuy Member Posts: 95
    Hey guys,
    Just helped a friend get this deal on a 2013 535i xDrive sedan. He was coming out of a 2010 335i sedan and took advantage of the BMW pull ahead program.

MSRP is $61,820 with Premium package, Cold Weather package, Navigation and Premium Hi-Fi Sound. Leased it for 36 months and 12,000 miles per year with just inceptions due at signing. Selling price was $54,992 with .00130 money factor and 62% residual. See the details below...

CUSTOMER DISCLOSURE
    Customer Name: Inside Car Buying LLC WD Deal ID: 21803
    Sale Vehicle: New 2013 BMW 5 SERIES 135D 4dr Sdn 535i xDrive w/AC , Automatic , Odom: 0

Payment Details
    Term 36
    Base Payment 584.20
    Total Payment 584.20
    Purchase Option 38,328.40
    MSRP 61,820.00
    Est. Miles Per Year 12,000
    Disposition Fee 350.00
    Excess Mileage Charge 0.20

Amount Due at Signing

1st Month Payment 584.20
    Acquisition Fee 725.00
    Fees & Insurance 384.00
    Upfront Taxes 1,609.88
    Total Inception Fees 3,303.08

Total Cash Required on Delivery 3,303.08

Tax Information
    Customer State: New York Customer County: WESTCHESTER
    Type Amount Rate Paid
    Cashdown Tax 59.00 7.3750 Upfront
    Upfront Tax 1,550.88 7.3750 Upfront

Fee Information
    Description Amount Paid
    Reg 286.50 Upfront
    Insp 10.00 Upfront
    Title 12.50 Upfront
    DocFee 75.00 Upfront
  • rudycassaprudycassap Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2013
    Wondering if anyone was able to do better in January on a 550i with M Sport package. Car is in Graphite Metallic and also has the Sport Auto with paddle shifters. MSRP 66,695 and selling price is near 62,000. Car is a 2013 model year.

In my opinion, once you add options to a 535i you might as well go 550i since it includes navigation, PDC, rear camera, Dakota leather. Also, I hate the BMW stop-start system and the 550i does not have it.

California lease. 36 months, 10k miles per year.

4,800 dollars total driveoff (includes 1st month payment, tax, license).
    63 percent residual
    money factor is 0.00125
    monthly payment of 683.11 including tax (base payment is around 623).
    Deal includes 2,000 dollars BMW lease cash.

Car is comfortable and has power, but I feel it is kind of boring. Just thought BMW has attractive leases compared to Lexus GS 350 F Sport and Mercedes E550. Any thoughts?
    Hi taffymon. Do you happen to know this car's selling price. I could probably come close to backing into it by playing with the numbers, but that figure would make it much easier for me to evaluate this deal. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Consumers should always find out how much they are being charged for the vehicle that they want, to see if there's more room left to negotiate.

If you're not in a hurry, it might not be a bad idea to wait to get your new BMW. BMW had huge incentives in December and it blew out a lot of vehicles. As a result, it backed off on incentives on many vehicles, including the 5, in January and February. I suspect that they will crank back up support at some point this year as inventory levels grow.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go ray1022. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 550xi with 15,000 miles per year are .00135 and 49% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2013 535xi are .00135 and 52%.

I don't think that BMW is offering 39-month leases on these cars right now.

Car_man
    Host
    edited February 2013
    Sure wdl963. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 535i Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00130 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • taffymontaffymon Member Posts: 2
    We pulled the trigger on the deal yesterday so I hope we did OK. The selling price was something like $59,900. We are putting down a total of $5500 that includes the down, first month payment, aquisition etc. The monthly payment, with tax included will be $669/mo. The car is being ordered from the factory and will come in 8-10 weeks. One dealer told us if the car comes in MAR/APR and there are incentives, we can still benefit as the actual sales/lease contract is not signed until then

Thanks for your time,
    Bob
  • rickyeee1rickyeee1 Member Posts: 13
    i was quoted on a 535 i m sport package
    msrp 61,000 he said he would take 3000 of msrp

i'm looking to lease 36 month lease with 15k
    he told me lease will be 801 with taxes buit in 7 % florida
    out of pocket 1600

he told me there were no 24 month or 27 month lease
    which i wanted

do i have good deal

Help!
  • rickyeee1rickyeee1 Member Posts: 13
    are there good programs usually in the month of may
  • robert5117robert5117 Member Posts: 2
  • mustgofastmustgofast Member Posts: 65
    Deal is OK. I didn't back calculate your MF to see if you're getting hit there, but 3k off MSRP is ok/good, but not great, and I'm always concerned when people tell you the 24/27 isn't there. The 27 is not always offered but the 24 is. Currently there is a 24 & a 30 offered at 66 & 63 % residuals.
  • kickazzz2000kickazzz2000 Member Posts: 17
    Car_man,

What is the residual and money factor for a 2013 535i M Sport for 10,000 and 12,000 miles, 36 months?

Thanks,

KK
    Hi rickyeee1. It's difficult to say what BMW's programs will be like several months down the road. I can tell you though that BMW's lease payments on the 5 Series dropped by $50 per month between last February and last May. That is probably an indication that there is a good chance that the deals on this car will be better this May than they are now...but it's certainly not any guarantee that will be the case.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi robert5117. Please see my previous post for some insight on this issue.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi kickazzz2000. BMW Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 535i with 12,000 miles per year are .00130 and 62% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The residual value for a lease with 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • kickazzz2000kickazzz2000 Member Posts: 17
    Got the following offer on a 2013 535 M sport
    Premium Pkg
    M Sport Pkg
    Navigation
    Multicontour Seats
    Park Distance Control
    Rear View Camera

MSRP 65,470
    Selling Price 62,209
    Residual .63
    MF 0.0013

Offer is for $672.49 with $2500 down and $1500 dealer rebate.

Is this a good deal?
    I did a 550i M sport lease for 685 per month including tax. Car has Sport auto transmission. Premium package on 535 is basically standard on 550i (camera, nav, roof, dakota leather, memory seats). I did have to put 4,800 down and then BMW kicked in 2,000. MSRP 66,695. Selling Price 61,295. 63 percent residual, 10k mi per year, 36 months.
    If I special order a car from BMW and decide not to follow through, do I lose the deposit? I have seen a few cars on dealers lots that are customer orders, but obviously they did not follow through.
  • dman69dman69 Member Posts: 3
    car_man

Can you give me the residual and money factor for a 36 month 15k mile lease on a BMW Active Hybrid 5

Thanks!
  • bocabmwbocabmw Member Posts: 5
    what should lease rates, residuals be for 24/36 months with 12/15K
    do you have any current deals you know of
    i was called by the local florida dealer that there is a pull ahead for my2011 535 owners now

thanks
  • yycyyc Member Posts: 1
    Just Lease mine yesterday. I didn't do too much of negotiation in-n-out within 2 hr. 4000 down, 740 a month.
  • ntlwhslentlwhsle Member Posts: 21
    Hi Car_man

Can you please give me 36/39 mos residuals and Money Factors for a 2013 M5.

Also is there any dealer cash in these cars?

Thanks!
  • jagu1jagu1 Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2013
    You should have spent more time negotiating and you would have save $3000.
    Just got this deal done on an ordered 2013 535i xDrive for my friend who is coming out of his BMW lease in 6 weeks. Timing worked out perfectly. He's getting the Premium package, Cold Weather package and navigation. MSRP is $60,945 and we got the car for $54,828 minus the $1,500 allowance and $750 loyalty. All in all its about $8,400 off sticker. Money factor .00130 and residual 62% with 12,000 miles. Just first month, bank fee and DMV due at signing $1,531.99 and $579.49 a month. He's currently paying $543 per month on his 2010 328i xDrive. Crazy right.... Here are the details below

CUSTOMER DISCLOSURE
    Customer Name: Inside Car Buying WD Deal ID: 47311
    Sale Vehicle: New 2013 BMW 5 SERIES 135D 4dr Sdn 535i xDrive w/AC , Automatic , Odom: 0

Payment Details
    Term 36
    Base Payment 579.49
    Total Payment 579.49
    Purchase Option 37,785.90
    MSRP 60,945.00
    Est. Miles Per Year 12,000
    Disposition Fee 250.00
    Excess Mileage Charge 0.20

Amount Due at Signing

1st Month Payment 579.49
    Acquisition Fee 725.00
    Fees & Insurance 227.50
    Total Inception Fees 1,531.99
    Rebate as Cap Reduction 2,250.00
    Total Drive Off 3,781.99

Total Cash Required on Delivery 1,531.99

Tax Information
    Customer State: New York Customer County: WESTCHESTER
    Type Amount Rate Paid
    Cashdown Tax 224.94 7.3750 Capped
    Upfront Tax 1,533.28 7.3750 Capped

Fee Information
    Description Amount Paid
    Reg 130.00 Upfront
    Insp 10.00 Upfront
    Title 12.50 Upfront
    DocFee 75.00 Upfront
  • deepaldeepal Member Posts: 1
    Thats a great deal. My current lease expires in few months and was looking for 535xi as well. Can you please guide me how did you negotiate on 8,400 off sticker. I would get 750 loyalty and 1500 incentive on 5 series. Any help will be appreciated. I'm located in middlesec county, MA. Thanks in advance.
    Enjoy new ride.
    I shopped every dealer BMW dealer within a 75 mile radius until I found a desperate dealer ready to give a car away! There is always one of those out there...
  • jcwcali1jcwcali1 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    Just ordered the above 3 year Lease. Here is the deal: MSRP$66,245.00. (Do not have deal sheet in front of me but took advantage of BMW incentives of eco credit $4,500-BMW cash $1,500 and dealer discount) crummy residual of 55% and mf.00130. This car is subject to CA 9% tax. Total drive off of $5,000 and will pay 35 payments of $670.00 including tax. It seems like a good deal to me, what do you think?
  • jcwcali1jcwcali1 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    Revise past post, 58% residual, received $9400.00 of MSRP from BMW and dealer. New Lease cost $625 a month inclusive of tax with $5m down.
  • vascovasco Member Posts: 18
    Does the $1500 dealer rebate come out of the $2500 down thus you are only paying $1000 down? Can you please clarify?

I am looking for a 535I, M sport with Cold and Tech Package for 36 month lease, do you have the March numbers?

Vasko
    BMW 535i
    Jet Black with Black Dakota Leather
    Premium Package
    Technology Package
    M Sport Package
    Rear View Camera
    Heated Front Seats
    Park Distance Control
    Premium Hi-Fi
    MSRP $64,220
    Selling Price $58,499
    36 months
    12k miles
    $2205 Due at signing
    $644.92 + tax

Residual $39,870
    Money Factor is 0.00130

is this a good deal, located in Southern California
    Thanks a million for all your input and comments! :)
    edited March 2013
    There is also the following offer on the table:

535 is Carbon Black with black leather and has these options.
    2TB 8-SPEED SPORT AUTOMATIC
    ZCW COLD WEATHER PACKAGE
    ZDA DRIVER ASSISTANCE PACKAGE
    ZMP M SPORT PACKAGE
    ZPP PREMIUM PACKAGE
    609 NAVIGATION SYSTEM
    6NR BMW APPS

36 months
    12k miles
    $2412 Due at signing
    $615 + tax = $665

MSRP :$ 64745
    Discounted Selling Price: $57720

Residual %62
    Money Factor is 0.00130

Which one of the 2 makes the most sense? Thanks for your help and input.
    Hi rudycassap. That' between you and the dealer. The more unusual the car you want, the more likely it is that they'll want to keep your deposit because it might be more difficult to sell off of their lot.

Keep in mind though that even though a dealer may tell you that a deposit is refundable, having them say that and getting them to physically give you back your money are two different things. It's often pretty hard to get money out of dealers. I personally wouldn't order a car unless I was really, really sure that I was going to take delivery of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi dman69. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 26-month lease of a 2013 Active Hybrid 5 with 15,000 miles per year are .00130 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take the $6,000 in cash incentives that are available on this car into account during your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.