Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW 5-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi kbest1. The selling price that you were quoted looks good, but the money factor that you were quoted is too high. BMW FS' buy rate for this car is only .00127.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    You're very welcome santy19.

Car_man
    Host
  • joegolfsjoegolfs Member Posts: 18
    Car Man

Was hoping to get MF and Residual for 535xi, 18k per year, 36 months in Massachusetts.

thanks.
  • lexrjlexrj Member Posts: 27
    edited June 2013
    528i 2013
    tech pack
    premium pack
    rear view cam
    heated seats
    park dist. control

Lease 36mo / 15k

MSRP: 55,095
    Invoice: 51,280
    negotiated price: 50,689 (including $750 incentive)
    total down: 2,500
    monthly payments: 617 (8% tax incl.)
    residual: 34,158 / 61%
    MF: .00127
    Doc and Misc Fees: 697
    Acquisition fee: 925

SoCal dealer
  • chiman2chiman2 Member Posts: 1
    I am wondering if the following quote is a reasonable deal and if I am missing anything:

2013 535xi, silver, Cold Weather, Driver Asst, Premium, Tech pckg, Contour seats
    63 Residual
    127 MF
    $4000 Down
    36m 10k miles
    $726 per month

Thanks
  • dbenyaminydbenyaminy Member Posts: 5
    535i blk/blk
    M sport package, Tech package , Premium, back up camera, auto: msrp 63600

1500 down , 630 month include tax , 12k/year ..

Los Angeles ca
  • beamer55beamer55 Member Posts: 12
    I think that's a sick deal! I would definitely jump on that!
    I'm getting the following offer on a 528i premium package, navi (not tech) and backup cam.

1300 down (due to pull ahead/loyalty/ and ultimate drive)
    565 a month (36 months) with 10k miles.

Do you guys think this is the best deal possible? Your thoughts would help, thx!
    I'm getting the following offer on a 528i premium package, navi (not tech) and backup cam.

1300 down (due to pull ahead/loyalty/ and ultimate drive)
    565 a month (36 months) with 10k miles.

Do you guys think this is the best deal possible? Your thoughts would help, thx!
  • needbmwhelpneedbmwhelp Member Posts: 7
    Hey All -
    I am looking to come out of my Mercedes E350 and get into a new 528ix sedan. I visited a dealer last night in Northern NJ and here is what I was offered.

Jet Black with Black Leather
    Premium Package
    Cold Weather Package
    Navigation
    Premium Hi-Fi system
    Park Distance Control
    Rear-view camera

Total MSRP is $58,500
    36 months/12,000 miles yr.
    Selling me the car at $55404 - $750 conquest incentive
    $595.15 per month with $3,862.96 due at signing (just 1st month, bank fee, taxes, doc and plates)

What do you think? I was paying $660 per month for my Mercedes and that was about $60k MSRP.
    Any help would be appreciated - Thx
  • cpacomp1cpacomp1 Member Posts: 3
    To figure a lease the money down would be subtracted from the inital cap cost. Using the money factor adjusted to intested rate. I would amortize the lease payments and hopefully arrive at the
    stated residual value.? Taxes, bank fee and dmv not included in the above calculation. Generally
    are the usaa and ultimate drive discounts taxable? Sales tax.
  • nvorcenvorce Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    I was wondering what the June money factor and res. would be on a 535 x drive with 12,000 per year for 48 months
  • biggoofyjjbiggoofyjj Member Posts: 5
    Just closed the deal today. Helped my sister getting a new 2013 535i.
    the car had the following:
    - tech package
    - premium package
    - rear view camera
    - park distance control
    - heated seats
    - upgraded paint (didnt really want one but thats all they had)

MSRP was 60795, Selling cost was 55505. Invoice was 55975.
    36 months lease, 1k drive off, 662/mo including 8.5% tax.

just wanted to share as i was eager to know how much others paid for theirs when I was in the market for one. thanks.
  • yasukazuyasukazu Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

did your selling cost include any incentives?
    I want to give a big thanks to InsideCarBuy. I have always gone to dealerships in the past and spent hours there going back and forth haggling them down to what I thought was a great deal. Never knowing exactly what number I should be getting to that would represent the best deal. I got a DIY Dealer Report on the exact BMW 528ix I shopped for last weekend (I posted about it a few days earlier) from InsideCarBuy and not only did it get my payment down from $595 (this is what the dealer quoted me a week ago) to $508.01 but the dealer wanted to know how I knew all the exact numbers and calculations. I showed them the report and they knew of InsideCarBuying. They said this is the kind of guy they don't want to negotiate against, he is a blight on the business and if it continues dealers will suffer. I asked the Manager if the dealer really has minimal amount of profit in it then why except the deal? He said I have all the facts on paper and if I were to visit enough stores he is sure I would be able to get the price from some desperate dealer who is looking to steal a customer from his area and needs an extra unit for the month. He said because I am his local customer the last thing his owner wants is another BMW plate frame driving around from his competition in the area.

Needless to say I'll never get a new car again without one of these reports. I am now looking forward to replacing my Lexus at the end of the year when in the past I always dreaded the process!
  • zoombie99zoombie99 Member Posts: 320
    you should always know the dealer costs. Edmunds or bmwconfig.com are very good sources.
    BMW 2019 540x Bluestone
    BMW 2019 Glacier Silver X3 30i being built to replace a 2017 X3 (wife's)
    also, there is no need to pay anyone for reports
    BMW 2019 540x Bluestone
    How many miles a year?
    BMW 2019 540x Bluestone
    Hi joegolfs. BMW Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 535xi with 15,000 miles per year are .00127 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Normally I would advise consumers who need to drive more than 15,000 miles per year to purchase additional miles at lease signing at a discount to what the lease-end penalty for excess mileage would be. However, BMW lets consumers buy extra miles at almost any point up to the very end of your lease at a discount. So, you might as well go with 15k and see what happens. You can always get the extra miles later if you need them.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi nvorce. You definitely do not want to go with a 48-month lease. By doing so you miss out on the lease support that BMW is providing on shorter terms. Go with a 42-month lease instead.

BMW Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42-month lease of a 2013 535xi with 12,000 miles per year are .00127 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • savememoneysavememoney Member Posts: 2
    Zoombie, hopefully you can save me from paying for a report. I am also looking for a 2013 BMW 528ix and the MSRP of the car I am looking for is $57,025. This car has metallic paint, premium package, cold weather package and navigation. I would like to lease for 36 months and 10,000 miles per year, just paying my inception fees out of pocket and transferring plates. I live in Manhattan, NY. What should be the best monthly payment I find and how much should be my out of pocket? Many Thanks!
    Normally I would have never considered paying anyone for a report because there is so much free information on the internet and sites like this. But none of the sites anywhere give the detailed information like whats on this DIY Dealer Report. I'm not just talking about the selling price or True Car price and btw the price I got was $1,700 better than True Car. Everything was calculated for me right down to the plates so it didn't leave any loop holes where the dealer could change anything. Besides just getting the right monthly payment, I caught the dealer marking up the bank fee and the doc fee because I had an itemized breakdown of the exact out of pocket based upon the monthly payment I was looking for. Even the Manager at the dealer said the information on the report is all the stuff the dealer rather not disclose. I know I definitely got my monies worth out of the report and I'm 100% sure I would have never gotten that price on my own. The car is amazing and I love it so much more knowing how well I did on the price!
    edited June 2013
    you need to configure the exact BMW the car on bmwconfig.com. Then you should look into paying about $500.00 over dealer costs after deducting any incentives. You need to get the following info from the dealer: The money factor and residual. Them you can check with Carman to confirm that the dealer is giving you the proper rates.

If you have some disposable money, you can buy down the money factor with MSD or multiple security deposits. You will get the money back at the end of the lease. For some strange reason, you can't get MSDs in NY (something about a law) so you would have to come to NJ to get them.

If you can wait until next month, I strongly suggest that you sign up for a BMW Ultimate Driving Experience. BMW will give you a coupon code for a $1,000 to be applied to a 5 series if you take a test drive. PM me if you need the link.

It is always better to buy on the last few days of the month. The dealers are more willing to move then.

Lastly, they are starting production on the 2014 models shortly. There are some changes (check press release on BMW web site) and there is going to be a new generation NAV system.
    BMW 2019 540x Bluestone
  • dotcom3dotcom3 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    550xi - MSRP $76,900

10k miles
    Monthly $749 month
    Total out of pocket ( $3,790 )

should I hop on this deal ?
  • degoondegoon Member Posts: 5
    Hi.

Can someone share what the residual, money factor, and typical gross cap reduction is for a 535i leased for 36 months @ 12k miles/yr?

I'm trying to determine if the following quote is a good deal.

535i
    $64,900 MSRP
    $60,800 cap cost
    36 months
    12k miles
    .00127 money factor
    62% residual
    $1,500 total drive off
    $696/mo pre-tax ($758/mo after tax)

Also, I've read that BMW is coming out with a diesel 5 series when the new 2014 models arrive later this year. Any idea if that presents a buying opportunity for 2013's? Or is it better to wait for the 2014 models at this point?
  • savememoneysavememoney Member Posts: 2
    Zoombie99 -
    I did end up purchasing the DIY Dealer Report from InsideCarBuying and I'm glad I did. It was such an easy process. I emailed the report to 9 of my dealers and then I followed up with a phone call to those I didn't hear back from. 4 of them told me they are not in the business of losing money and to move on. 2 of them were with in $22 - $57 per month of the report and 3 of them were with in $14 per month of the report with $3 per month being the closest and that guy had the car in stock. I am picking it up on Thursday. 5 of the dealers actually knew of Inside CAr Buying and said they have seen his reports before. The guy who sold me the car said as much as he hates to admit it, its probably the smartest way to buy a new car.

The report showed the MSRP of $57,025, invoice of $53,003, holdback of $2,851 making the dealer cost $50,152. It showed a selling price of $51,252 which is $1,100 over the stated cost of the car and the rebates I was entitled to ($750 Conquest and $500 USAA) used as a cap cost reduction. Zoombie99, you were stating I should pay about $500 over invoice so I was $2,251 better than what you were suggesting. The report also gave me an exact breakdown on the out of pocket ($469.01 1st month payment, $725 bank fee, $1,683.14 sales tax, $75 doc fee, $10 NYS Inspection, $12.50 NY State Tire Fee and $87 to transfer my plates) $3,062.55. I got the car for $472.00 per month with the $3,062.55 total out of pocket.

I see there is an imagine tab under the text box here on the forum but I can't figure out how to upload a photo. I would like to share the report with everyone to show how clear and detailed it is. Does anyone know how to use this?

I have to say knowing the exact numbers for the complete transaction made this process painless and fun! I really felt like I knew as much as the dealer this time. I give InsideCarBuying 2 thumbs up and highly recommend this process to others on the forum!
  • bond4jamesbond4james Member Posts: 5
    Good to hear about your deal. i am in market for 5 series. can you please send me the details.
  • dtswebdevdtswebdev Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

Does anyone know what the July MF's and residuals will look like for the 535's? The dealer is trying to push me to fill out a credit app now to lock in June's numbers.
    Your deal doesn't add up according to my calculations unless you have the
    ultimate drive rebate of $1000. Just wondering if I am wrong or if you left it out.
  • ray1022ray1022 Member Posts: 7
    Just leaased a 2013 BMW 550ix M Sport in NJ as follows:

MSRP: $70,275
    Buy Price: $64,000
    Residual 63%
    Money Factor: 0.00127

Monthly Payment: $685.48 (nothing rolled into monthly payment)

Upfront Payment:
    Bank Fee: $725
    Doc Fee: $359
    New York Tax (decided to pay the tax upfront): $2190.08
    Tax on bank/doc fee: $96.21
    1st month Payment: 685.48
  • chaspavchaspav Member Posts: 16
    I noticed that BMW has now updated its website to reflect the 2014 5 series, including the diesel engine offerings. Has anyone gotten any info on lease pricing and details for the 2014 5 series?
  • shpatel1shpatel1 Member Posts: 3
    Hi CarMan,

Could you please let me know what the MF and residual is on both the 2013 535i and 550i for July for a 10k/36 and 12k/36?

Thanks
  • jehanjjehanj Member Posts: 11
    edited July 2013
    $5000 of sticker price in so cal.

MSRP: $64,325
    Negotiated Price: $59,325
    Premium, Sport, Navi, Driver Assist,
    MF: .00127
  • shpatel1shpatel1 Member Posts: 3
    Is that negotiated price without all the incentives? Because if it is, thats a fantastic deal.
  • nystarnystar Member Posts: 28
    Love it! wish i could get the same in NY.
  • dtswebdevdtswebdev Member Posts: 2
    Hi CarMan,

Did these numbers hold true for July? I heard the residual for 15k might have dropped to 57%.
    Hi degoon. The money factor that you were quoted is correct, but the new July residual value for a 36-month, 12,000 mile per year lease of this car is 59%.

This lower residual value is offset by a new $1,500 dealer cash incentive that BMW introduced on the 2013 5s this month.

The lease program for the 2014 model is fairly similar, so whether you should get a '13 or a '14 depends upon how much more the dealers you are shopping with are willing to discount the '13s.

Car_man
    Host
    That was everything. I didn't do the drive event because I couldn't wait. I would be happy to post the DIY Dealer Report so you have the breakdown. How do I upload an image?
  • bluguysbluguys Member Posts: 19
    Hello

Could you please share the dealer info?
    I'm also in SoCal looking to lease a 5 series this month.
  • johnny2001johnny2001 Member Posts: 15
    HI Ray1022
    Can you please tell me the dealer you used and the sales guy you worked with? i'm interested in the 535i.

Thanks
    Johnny
    I just leased a 2013 528ix. The prices on the window sticker were lower than the current prices,
    after some research it looks like the car was priced at May 2012 prices. Dealer took delivery
    in Nov of 2013. Also there is a service code of VH. Should I be concerned that this car has been around for so long before sale. What does the service code indicate? It is listed as new and delivered with less than 20 miles. Any thoughts would be appreciated.Thanks
  • berisky1berisky1 Member Posts: 20
    Van Nuys, CA

2014 (yes, '14!) 535i at about $62K MSRP leasing at $699/mo incl tax and $2,500 all in drive off.

36 months, 10K mi/yr.

At those rates, I wouldn't bother with the 13s.
  • chaspavchaspav Member Posts: 16
    If the tax is in the payment then what makes up the $2,500 drive off money. I assume that part of it is acquisition fee, title and registration. Is the rest a cap coat reduction? What would be really helpful is if you could share the residual value, sales price and money factor.

Thanks in advance for the info
  • sergeymsergeym Member Posts: 283
    Cannot really agree. For the same monthly payment you can get 2013 550ix M Sport and it comes with a big V8.
  • ray1022ray1022 Member Posts: 7
    Bmw of Freehold. Ask for Mike Silva and let him know I sent you. Good luck.
  • namrekanamreka Member Posts: 1
    I have been following this forum for the last 6+ months as I wanted to make sure I got a great deal this time around on a new 528ix sedan. I know I paid really high for my first BMW 6 years ago and 3 years ago I used information from Consumer Reports, CostCo and USAA buying services. I do feel I benefited from those services as I know I would have paid a lot more had I not had that extra information. The advice from all the experts and Car_man on here is extremely helpful. I also saw a few people on here used the DIY Dealer Report from Inside Car Buying and had positive results. I did get one of these reports myself and I have to say the concept is ingenious. I now fully understand the complete process of leasing, the calculations and all of the possible factors of a lease where a dealer can benefit from a buyer. I sent Inside Car Buying the exact window sticker I received from the BMW dealer I visited. Within 3 hours I received the report and it simplified everything about what I should be paying for the car and why. I found this information so valuable because it educated me on the exact car I wanted, listed and broke down all the profit and incentives of the car and calculated everything right down to the plate charge. I also was able to speak with the owner of Inside Car Buying after receiving the report and he throughly when through it with me so I knew exactly what to do when I went back to the dealer. I got the dealer to sell me my new 528ix within $3 of the price I had from the report.

I saved a great deal of money and time but most of all I kept my sanity during the process of leasing a new car this time around! I don't know what car dealers will do if Inside Car Buying ever becomes as big or well known as True Car or some of these other services out there. I would highly recommend this service to anybody getting a new car. BTW, the selling price on the car I got was almost $1,700 less than the True Car voucher I received from True Car. That definitely says something!
    Chaspav:

I'm not being argumentative, but I've never understood from this forum the questions you are asking.

All I care about on a lease is the TOTAL amount of money I'm paying during my term. I know all of the questions you asked go into deciding the best price, but I'm telling you the price, so really I would be interested in seeing the same stats from others.
    SergeyM:

I hear you. Can you tell me what state and what the MSRP is on the car your talking about ? I still say a '14 is worth more, especially since there are slight changes to the car. But I see your point as well. Is your deal exactly the same as mine or is there a slight fluctuation?

I don't care about money factors etc, I just care about what I'm out of pocket for the car during the term of the lease.
  • vegas15vegas15 Member Posts: 1
    Looking at ordering a loaded BMW 2014 535i - sticker when configured was $71,125. Long time BMW owner. Lease I'm looking at is 36 months, 12K miles a year. $3500 down (not including registration) - $869 mo (includes taxes). Decent deal? Any advice?
  • bimmerformebimmerforme Member Posts: 1
    Can you tell me what dealership you got this deal at?? Thanks :)
This discussion has been closed.