Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW 5-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• a8man1a8man1 Member Posts: 23
    Hi Peter, that is a great price whatwas the monthly payment offered?

Thank you!

Ben
  • firstlease01firstlease01 Member Posts: 21
    Hi all,
    i am trying to build a 2014 528xi on bmw website.

but i dont see the option of including technology package anymore. how do I select navigation system in my config now.
    What is the main difference between 2013 vs 2014 model?

also do you know what is August money factor, residuals for 528xi.
    36 months, 12k/yr.

do dealers in tri state area already have 2014 models in inventory.

Thanks,
  • blueanimalblueanimal Member Posts: 3
    2014 have nav standard.
  • chaspavchaspav Member Posts: 16
    Just ordered a 2014 528i xDrive in Glacier Silver with Driver Assistance, Luxury Seating and Premium Packages. Also added the HK sound sytem and heated seat options. MSRP came out to $61,450. Applied a UDE coupon and settled on a sales price of $56,500. RV= 61%

Did the lease for 36 months with 12K per year. Only money out of pocket is first month, acquisition fee of $725 and DMV fees. I capped the taxes in the payments. Monthly payment of $691. The programs are terrible, but I am told that my deal can improve if the RV and MF improve in my favor or if BMW offers any rebates in Sept or Oct.

Any thoughts??
  • m4mm4m Member Posts: 76
    Here is another rebate if you qualify: Up to $1500 Additional BMW Financial Services Loyalty Cash towards the financing or leasing of many new BMW's through BMW Financial Services!

Must be a current owners of a BMW or have proof that you sold your BMW within the last 12 months.
    Thanks for the info, but unfortunately I am a first time BMW owner. Hopefully first of many
  • jasonmdbmwjasonmdbmw Member Posts: 117
    Just $1000 Loyalty on all 5 Series
    edited August 2013
    Invoice on this build you have is about sale price you got $56,534 so I would go with sale price at invoice and then apply your $1k UDE coupon
  • firstlease01firstlease01 Member Posts: 21
    Hello Chaspav,
    when do you expect delivery of your call?
    also, 2013 model had 64% residual for 12k/yr, 36 month lease. has this dropped to 61% now? did you check with multiple dealers in your area.

what is the money factor you got.
    2013 models has MF of .00127.
    is this the same or this has changed as well.

Carman - do you have August no. for 2014 models.

Thanks,
    Hoping to take delivery by end of October. Yes, the RV dropped in August to 61% for 12K, but MF held steady at .00127.
    Do you think that getting a car on order in the first month it is released at invoice and then applying the UDE is reasonable to expect? It is not as if I am taking something out of inventory....
    What about $1500 “Build-Out Cash” rebate, is it also available for 2014 models?
    BMW is providing dealers a form of factory-to-dealer rebate that they call “Build-Out Cash” on many 2013 models and styles. This money can be used by dealers to promote sales or provide price discounts to customers — which is typically what happens.
  • ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    I was told this morning that for a 2014, the mf .00137 and residual for 535 or 535d is 66/63/60 for 36/30/24 mo lease. $935 origination fee. Maximum Multiple security deposits 7 with a reduction in mf of .00007 for each.

Is this correct or is the dealer trying to make a few extra $'s somewhere.

I'm coming from a MB so no incentives....it looks like invoice is about 9% below MSRP....would $1000 over invoice be a reasonable offer for an ordered 535?
    Are you sure you have your RVs correct. I am looking at the BMW Rate Card for Model year 2014 and all the 535s have RVs of 63/60/57 for 24 month/30 month/ 36 month. Your money factor, before buy down looks a little high.
  • harbillyharbilly Member Posts: 11
    Dear Carman,

Could you please share me the August lease term for a 2013 535xi GT with 10K miles per year, 36 months? I am getting about $10K off the MSRP for the 535xi GT, so if the August residual are the same as July, it would make the lease a good deal. Very appreciated

Bill
  • ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    I wrote down exactly what I was told. The 550 was 65/62/59 and 640GC was 63/60/57.

All these quotes were in Florida today. Mf stayed at .0137 for all quotes.
  • adamicjgadamicjg Member Posts: 4
    Looking for confirmed residual value and money factors on a 2014 535xi, 36 months at 12K miles/year. Thanks in advance.
  • zoombie99zoombie99 Member Posts: 320
    Slim to none.
    BMW 2019 540x Bluestone
    BMW 2019 Glacier Silver X3 30i being built to replace a 2017 X3 (wife's)
  • macdadmacdad Member Posts: 75
    Would you mind sharing the terms of your deal and how the car is optioned?

What were the MF/Residual for July on the car.

macdad
  • socalbmmrsocalbmmr Member Posts: 12
    Hey CarMan and all,

I'm close on a few 2013 550i's (just deciding between colors and equipment). If my research is right, it looks like the terms for 3 yr/36k are 57% residual and MF of .00125, with another 2% on residual if I go down to 3 yr/30k miles. Soooo, the question is, what are the rebates/spiffs/dealer cash that's floating around for August? Did stuff carry over from July? Thanks for any help!!
  • mjduffymjduffy Member Posts: 12
    I want the 2013 528 I bmw with navigation and rear parking, 36 months and 12,000 miles. Test drove at crevier and the msrp on it was 55,000. What do I do now, he emailed me trying to get my business. I have a few bmw dealers close by. Help!
    Anybody else bought with that msrp in o.c ca
  • zoombie99zoombie99 Member Posts: 320
    edited August 2013
    that does not help us. You need to confirm the MSRP and the invoice price. Then you need the get from the dealer the price they we willing to sell it to you . If its it is within 500 dollars over invoice before applying any incentives you should be ok. You also need to confirm the residual and money factor.
    BMW 2019 540x Bluestone
    BMW 2019 Glacier Silver X3 30i being built to replace a 2017 X3 (wife's)
    Having trouble finding a website that has 2014 5 series invoice pricing. Has anyone found a website or other resource to calculate invoice price on a configured 2014 528i xDrive? Any help is appreciated.
  • socal59socal59 Member Posts: 82
    You can get invoice pricing here at this site or at BMW Config.
    BMW Config does not have 2014 5 Series pricing on their site yet.
    This is what the dealership offered, please let me know if its good. The payment seems high.
    Selling price - $46,775
    money factor - .00119
    residual - 62% (10,000 miles per year)
    base payment - $481.26
    payment total (OC tax rate) - $520.52
    MSRP - $52,545
    Drive off is 2,286.69
  • 1bmwguy1bmwguy Member Posts: 11
    Two weeks ago i leased a 2013 528 with msrp of 58.500, 3years 10k with $2000 total drive off. Total payment with tax ia 523.00.
    Can you tell me more info, like what state you live in, did you have any incentives,money factor etc... As much info as I can get on your deal, thank you sooo much!
    It's was in Los Angeles co. at Monrovia bmw. Let me know if you what any more info.
  • nykchp15nykchp15 Member Posts: 1
    AH5 w/Premium, Cold Weather, Drivers Assistance, NAV, BMW APPS, Black Sapphire/Black Dakota

MSRP $67,345
    Purchase Price $53,345 (includes eco credit, loyalty, build out, ultimate drive)
    12k 36 mths
    53% residual
    .00121 MF
    $635/monthly (includes tax)
    $1346.09 drive off ( includes turn key)
    Yes , can you tell me the rest of the info? Incentives etc.. I would like to purchase in the next few days, I'm new or leasing so All info would be great, thanks so much. I am in o.c so it should be com probable
    I had the loyalty and ulimate drive. See (Ike)
    What was your invoice and how much for tax and license and bank fee?
  • thehorse7thehorse7 Member Posts: 2
    great deal can you give me the contact info to your salesman. im in los angeles
  • thehorse7thehorse7 Member Posts: 2
    this is a great deal can you give me the contact info to your salesman
    Hi bmw guy, can you give us the invoice,bank fee etc... Thanks again
    My salesmans name was Ike, in iternet sales.
  • nystarnystar Member Posts: 28
    edited August 2013
    2013 535Xi M Sport, Premium Pkg, Tech Pkg, Cold Pkg, Driver Assist, Soft touch doors, Premium HIFI, Auto Rear Sunshade

MSRP $68,750
    Purchase Price $61650 (Including Build out, ultimate drive)
    12k 36 mths
    59% residual ($40500)

$665/monthly (includes NJ tax, 7 MSDs applied)
    $2250.09 drive off (Includes First Month, bank, Doc, and DMV fees)

How did I do?
    edited August 2013
    I would like payment at $450 is that possible without more down? Which is $2000

Selling price - $46,775
    money factor - .00119
    residual - 62% (10,000 miles per year)
    base payment - $481.26
    payment total (OC tax rate) - $520.52
    MSRP - $52,545

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    The math is pretty simple...

$70 X 36 = $2520

Can you lower the price by $2500?

The money factor seems a little off... I think the base MF is .00125
    Maybe they are marking it up? Are you using Multiple Security Deposits?
    (how much is the acquisition fee? $725 is base... they might be marking that up a couple hundred dollars as well)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

edited August 2013
    This is the first time I'm leasing, thank you so much for your help! So do I ask them to reduce the sell price by $2500
    And does it look like my is high? Others quoting it at .00127, I sent you ecpxactly what they wrote, what do I do next? THANK YOU, going in blind, no security deposits not sure what that is
    Well.. you know, I checked the numbers and the 528i does have an MF of .00119. The residual is correct, as well..

If you are a current BMWFS customer, there is $1000 of loyalty cash available. It also looks like there might be $1500 of buildout cash to the dealer..

You are at $5800 under MSRP, now... and, I'm assuming all that cash has been taken into account... You can ask for more money off, but realistically, you probably can't get $2500 more..

The Multiple Security Deposit program allows for a money factor reduction for each extra security deposit you make, up to 7 deposits. It is a great program, if you have the extra cash sitting around. I've done it on my last two leases.

If you made the maximum deposit (7 X $550 = $3850), that would reduce your money factor to .00070, which would knock your payment down by about $42/mo., post tax... The MSDs are fully refundable, just like any other security deposit.

I don't really follow the pricing that closely... your deal looks pretty good, and $520/mo, all in, for a $52K vehicle is not bad...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Did you try to get a hold of Ike at Monrovia BMW?
    Are docs fees usually$80, what is the acquisition fee usually? Is that the same thing as bank fee? And for cap reduction what am I looking for? Did I forget anything?
    528 I with navigation and rear parking asst.
    Msrp $52.545
    Sell price $46.775
    Acquisition fee?
    Residual 62%
    Money factor .00119
    Doc fee$80
    License reg $441.75
    36 month lease
    12,000 miles
    Total payment $520
    Are you in California? Doc fees are restricted to $80 maximum, and most dealers charge that.

The base acquisition fee is $725. Dealers are permitted to mark it up by $200 max, for extra profit. AKA bank fee.

A cap cost reduction is just a downpayment. It lowers the payment, but in exchange for the money upfront. Better to keep the money in your pocket. If you have spare cash, the multiple security deposit program will lower your payment, and you get the deposit back at lease end.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Tanks so very much, most helpful!!!! I'll let you know how deal goes, is there anything I missed that I'm not going to know what the fees are like destination fee? How much is that supposed to be? I'm in o.c ca. Thank you!!!
    The destination fee is part of the MSRP, and should be part of any negotiated price. If they try to add that in after the fact, then call a foul. That is just dishonest.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

What is a fair price for destination fee? Thanks again for being prompt
  • hugene1hugene1 Member Posts: 5
    Hello kyfdx and Carman,

I need your advice whether I am getting a good deal on the following lease:

2013 535 MRSP $64625 (M Sport Package, Premium Package, Technology Package, Rear View Camers, Power Rear Sunshade, Heated Front Seats)

Sale Price $58595
    Doc Fee $80
    Acquisition Fee $725
    License Fee $480
    Cap Fee $29
    Customer Cash $5500
    Lease Term 36 Months
    Rate/Money Factor 0.78
    Residual 0.59
    Residual Value $38128
    Annual Miles 12000
    Monthly Payment $569

Your help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.