Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW 7-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• californiamicaliforniami Member Posts: 11
    I'd appreciate some feedback on whether I got a good deal or not.

2008 750LI Sport. Luxury Seating, Rear Entertainment, Comfort, Convienence, Premium Sound. HD Radio, Satellite Radio. MSRP: 91,820. Cap Cost: 77,990. Paid 7x security deposit to buy down money factor to .00155. 2 year lease. Monthly payment: 1083 with no up front capital reduction.
  • fripullofripullo Member Posts: 9
    You got a good deal.

My cap cost was $78.5K, $1.7K down with the same specs as yours except for HD radio and Satellite. My payments are $1,143 with tax. I went with a 3yr lease.
  • nayyernayyer Member Posts: 4
    Californiami can you please tell where you picked up this car from, it seems i am getting ripped off. any help woulld be great.
    Sterling BMW in Newport. Stay away from Irvine and Crevier they are not good business people.
    I got mine at Concord BMW in Concord, California. They are easy and motivated to move the 2008 7 Series cars currently on their lot (they won't offer this deal for cars they have to order or trade for). I tried to work with East Bay BMW in Pleasanton....but would say...stay away from them.

Just curious...you say you are getting "ripped off"....what type of deal are you getting and where are you getting it?

Good luck.
  • nayyernayyer Member Posts: 4
    well i just got back from a BMW dealership. Here is the price of the car 90,575, they wont tell me the seeling price basically its like 11k off he said. 24 month lease for $1299 a month with 2,900 down let me know what u think. also deal from last night was 83k car 9k off with 20k trade allowance i have no trade thou. 24 month lease 1392 with 2,800 down . i dont know first time leasing so i really dont know what to do. maybe when of you guys cal help me out. my email is Nayyer@tahoe-partners.com. please help. or call 708-955-9107
  • gforce11gforce11 Member Posts: 225
    A dealer that won't give you a sale price isn't a dealer you should be working with.
    Best thing to do is not play the monthly payment game.
    Here are the June rates for most BMWs including the 7-series. Assuming you qualify for the lowest rates possible, you need to negotiate the lowest sale price possible, ask for the money factor and residual used in calculating your lease. Then plug that info into a lease formula/calculator. It may be to your best interest in doing a little research regarding leasing before you pull the trigger. It could save you thousands.
    Agree with gforce11. Dealer has to share the capital cost (eg. selling price) with you. 11k off is not bad...but you are still leaving at least 2k on the table. Push for a low money rate (at least .0020)...anything higher, the dealer is making profit on the lease. Assume your residual is in the 66-67% range assuming a two year lease with like 12k annual mileage.

I always use the following site for calculating the lease payment.

http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm
  • ruzzruzz Member Posts: 1
    Could you all please tell me if I got a good deal on this - just got the car today:

MSRP: $88,620.00 COST: $78,626 (includes $825 acquisition fee and license fee - so just the car sales price was $77,773)
    Lease: 24 months/12k miles per year, Payment including tax is $1206.95
    I paid $1850 down which included the first month payment and license fees.
    Money Factor: .00205

Convenience Package, Luxury Seating Package, Premium Sound Package, Comfort Access, Sirius Radio
    IMO...you got a pretty good deal. Just off the numbers you gave...seems like you got them to sell it to you at invoice...and give you a good majority of the $5k dealer incentive....didn't spec it exactly...but assume they kept maybe $1k...maybe a bit less.

In terms of the rest...the only thing that it seems like they nickeled you on was adding $200 profit to acquistion fee and the .00005 to your money rate (I believe their buy rate was .0020). so...it was like they added 12 tenths of a percent to your interest....

You might of considered increasing your security deposit to buy down the money rate a bit more...but again...given its only 2 years...you probably only would have reduced your monthly another 70ish bucks or so.

But all things considered....I think you got a good deal (especially if you got the exact car you wanted!)....

Congratulations!
    Not the best...see previous post.

The 3 yr lease is a better option and the MF is high.

I put $1.7k down with a MF of .00200 on a 3yr w/ 12k miles and the same options for a payment of $1,116.00
  • hellohitsmehellohitsme Member Posts: 3
    MSRP $78625
    36 month lease $798/month
    Returning BMW customer, given lower finance rate
    out of pocket $3800 includes taxes of approx $1800, first month, bank fee, etc

Does this seem like a good deal?
    I'm assuming you mean Cap Cost and not MSRP which is circa $89K

So far sounds good. I personally would put less down and have a higher monthly payment. What's you MF?
    I meant MSRP - this is the 750i, not the iL.

I have 2 quotes so far, one is MF .00180 and monthly payment of $895 without tax, and $969 with tax.(would only offer 2year lease)

The other quote is $798,(3 years) $814 (2 years) I assume the MF is the same, as I'm turning in a BMW & they're both offering reduced MF. I'm waiting for the details from dealer on cap cost.

I appreciate feedback, as I have to make a decision quickly.
    Thanks
    the 3 yr is a good deal. MF looks good. Why so much down? Because it's a 750i and your MSRP is $78K you have a lot of room to lower the price. What's the cap cost?

FYI - i picked up a 750li two months ago - MSRP $91K and got the car for $78.5K.
    List price $78,625

3yr lease $798/month with taxes paid upfront approx $1600
    cap cost is $68,860. MF is .00115 residual 57%

2yr lease $813
    same as above, with 67% residual.
  • unitedfcunitedfc Member Posts: 5
    Can someone give me an opinion
    2008 BMWW 750 IL MSRP 86978....reduced to 79,975. 15k Miles 36 month. $1140 down payment. $1140 per month.....That includes my tax. Is this a good deal....Seems like it.
    yes!
    Thanks fripullo
  • nlproductionsnlproductions Member Posts: 25
    MSRP: $90,770.00
    CAP COST: $80,200.00 (Included $5K BMW Trunk Money)
    24 Months / 15K per year
    Zero Down
    Drive Off included 1st month payment, registration, tax and $825 Acquisition Fee (was marked up $200)
    MF .001 (Repeat BMW customer) Car was purchased last day of June and I think MF has increased for July
    Monthly Payment: ~$1145.00 :shades:
  • kk_kkkk_kk Member Posts: 1
    I heard there are certain times for "specials." My uncle actually was able to cash in on this time from a dealer. It lasts about a week. Can anyone lead me into the right direction? Thanks in advance. My location is New York, New York.
    KK
    p.s. 2009 cars are rolling in right?
  • enthusiastdreenthusiastdre Member Posts: 51
    I had heard the MF for returning BMW customers is 0.001. Is that true?
    Hi Again. Maybe someone can give me a suggestion. My soon to be leased 2008 750il has just about every option available except HD and Sirius Sat. I am disappointed. I did not know cars did not equipt satellite radio anymore. What should I be paying for this installed? Seems like it should be included.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi enthusiastdre. According to the latest information that I have seen, BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for the 2008 750i is .00215, reduced to .00115 (.00100 lower) for returning BMW FS lessees.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hey Guys,
    Pick up the my 2008 750il Saturday....Just need some last minute confirmation.
    Maybe Fripullo can advise.
    $90,000 MSRP selling for $79,975
    36 month lease 15k miles $1,139 total payment including tax.
    $1,189.29 down payment and that includes first month and taxes. Residual is 54% and the money factor is .00135 (returning BMW FS...x5 owner.

Is this a good/average/smoking deal?
    looks like a great deal! The only room you have to lower your payment is in the cap cost. The best i've seen is $78.7K. Otherwise, this is a smoking deal considering you're only putting $1.1K down.
    Frip....You are the man. Thanks for the response. I truly appreciate it.
  • enthusiastdreenthusiastdre Member Posts: 51
    if you are a returning bmwfs customer, your MF should only be 0.00115
    see car_man's last post here
  • mmalonsommalonso Member Posts: 4
    We just got a 750i lease, 36 month, 57% resididual, .0023 MF (not a returning BMW customer unfortunately). Dealer originally took 10k off a $83,600 car ($73,600) but that car had some iDrive issue during delivery walk through so the dealer moved us into the next closest car with similar options with a sticker of $86,650 but kept the out the door price at $73,600, $13k off MSRP! I was very impressed with how Long Beach BMW internet department handled it. Give them a shot. Out the door we paid $5000 down (which included tax, title, 1st mo, and 2500 cap cost reduction) and have a payment with tax of $973 a month.
    Congratulations on getting your neew 7, mmalonso. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone. I'm glad to hear that you had such a pleasant dealer experience. If you'd like, you can tell everyone about it by hopping on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com. Enjoy your new ride :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
  • dreamer8dreamer8 Member Posts: 3
    2008 750i MSRP $84,120 (sport, sound package with comfort access,satellite radio)
    24 month lease $979
    36 month lease $939
    $1800 down includes all fees, tag etc.
    Is this a good deal? How much lower can I negotiate the payments?
    What was your cap price on this deal?
    Cap price is $74,120 and MF is .00105
  • shawn757shawn757 Member Posts: 204
    Hi,
    Can someone tell me what is the current residual and money factor for a Li modle for 24 month, 36 month and 48 month? I want min 15K miles a year

thanks
    Hi shawn757. Here's the information that you're looking for. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of an '08 750Li with 15,000 miles per year are .00215 and 64%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00215 and 54%. The 42 month numbers are .00215 and 44%. I don't believe that BMW is providing lease support on 48 month leases.

Keep in mind that if you are a current BMW FS lessee, you are entitled to a substantial .00100 reduction in the aforementioned money factors.

Car_man
    Host
    2008 750i MSRP $84,120 (sport, sound package with comfort access,satellite radio)
    Cap price $74,120
    24 month lease $967
    36 month lease $932
    MF is .00105
    $1800 down includes all fees, tag etc.
    Is this a good deal? How much lower can I negotiate the payments?
    :confuse:
    Thank you Car man, By putting down security deposits, how much I can get the money factor reduced to?

Thanks
  • bmchrisbmchris Member Posts: 6
    0.00066 with 7 security deposits in addition to the standard 1.
  • bmchrisbmchris Member Posts: 6
    Cap price $74,120
    24 month lease $967
    36 month lease $932
    MF is .00105

dreamer8 - can you explain if you can how you can get the 0.00105 money factor, when the buy rate is minimum 0.00115 for current owners, and 0.00215 for new customers? Does the 0.00105 include additional security deposits for example?

FYI - local dealers will do invoice less $5K with the buy rate leases.
  • campioncampion Member Posts: 7
    I am currently leasing a 2006 bmw 75O my lease will end oct 03rd. I would like to extend until the new 750i comes out in the spring[i've been told about march]. I've also been told that my payment for this extension payments would stay at the present figure . what should i do to get the car as soon as possible and shop for the best monthly payment ? I'll be ordering a car without any extras. I'm a snowbird and will be in the naples fl. until may and come from mass. thanks for your help.
  • boughttodayboughttoday Member Posts: 2
    Working on a 24 month lease of a 2008 750li with the following
    12k per year
    premium sound
    comfort
    convenience
    19 wheels
    sat radio
    hd
    luxury seating
    MSRP 88970 ACC 79780.19
    residual 66%
    BMW loyalty
    payment1036.78
    due at start 1956.42
    Seeing that this is the last year of the model and we are into August here is this a good deal or should i continue to work them to see if they go lower?
    I bought a similiar car in June 2008. Just like yours only inclusive of sport pack, 20 inch wheels, video . Got 14k off the 92k MSRP. 2 year lease, 12k miles...monthly payment of 1036 (coincidence that we are identical)....money factor of .00155.
  • boughttodayboughttoday Member Posts: 2
    great deal and thanks for the input. was it in south florida by chance?
    No...in Northern California....but IMHO...if the car you are dealing on is one that you like...then I'd go for it...your deal is pretty good...and if you held out for another couple grand...maybe the stars would line up...but maybe not....
    What are the September BMW 750LI lase rates for 36 months and 24 months? I want 15K miles a year.
    Hi shawn757. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 BMW 750Li with 15,000 miles per year are .00225 and 57%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00225 and 50%.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks car man. What about the loyalty money factore for returning customer? Wow the residual have dropped 4% from last month? Are they (BMW) providing more cash than $5000 for this?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A large local newspaper would like to speak with consumers who currently own or had owned a BMW 7 Series since the 2002 model came out. The reporter wants to discuss topics such as the Bangle butt and the iDrive. If you are interested in speaking to the reporter, please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information no later than September 15.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

You're welcome, shawn757. BMW raised its cash incentive on the 2008 750Li from $5,000 to $7,500 in September, but it is not compatible with BMW Financial Services' special lease program. BMW FS' buy rate lease money factor for the '08 750Li is .00225 this month. BMW has been providing a money factor discount for returning BMW FS lessees, but I am not sure if that program is still available.

Car_man
    Host
  • mann1970mann1970 Member Posts: 4
    Hi, I am looking to lease 2008 750LI with pretty much all the available options. The one I am looking at has MSRP $92800 and I am geting almost $15K off from the MSRP. With $5000 down and MF of .00225 my payment would be $1175 with taxes on 36 month and 12K miles per year lease. I am not current BMW owner so I can not get the lower MF. IS this a good deal on 08 model. My dilema is should i wait for the 09 model till spring or summer or buy the 08 model. Will I be able to find good deals on 09. Dealer is telling me it will go for full MSRP. What do you think car man? and input from other new 08 owners would be appreciated. I need to make this decision in next few days.

Thanks for your input and time.
This discussion has been closed.