Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW 7-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• dark_katanadark_katana Member Posts: 46
    Dude, on how many forums are you going to post with this deal? :) Since nobody has official lease numbers on the 2011, I doubt that Terry can advise you on whether or not this is a good deal.
  • bonzmdbonzmd Member Posts: 5
    dude, you're completely wrong. the numbers are out and the car can be ordered. i'm in the process of negotiating prices at this moment. you should re-check your info source.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi bonzmd. I don't know who Terry is, but I'd be happy to help you out. The car that you're interested in probably has a spread of over $7,000 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. The $5,200 dealer discount that you were quoted sounds pretty decent to me on an ordered vehicle at the very beginning of the model year.

Just make sure that the dealer uses BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor of .00250 to calculate your payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    thanx car man,
    they told me if i order the car and the money factor drops by the time the car gets to me(6-8 wks), they would re-adjust my payments. is that true? and how can i find out what the real money factor is for a given month to make sure the dealer is telling the truth?
    No problem bonzmd. Customers who order BMWs can lock in the program that is available on the vehicle that they want at the time they place the order. Doing so gives them the option of using that program or the one that is available when the vehicle is delivered, whichever is better.

Please feel free to check back with me right before your car is scheduled to arrive and I will be happy to give you an idea of what its lease program is like then.

Car_man
    Host
    thanks for the help. the car is due in mid/late May. i will definitely check back with you.
    You're very welcome, bonzmd. Talk to you then.

Car_man
    Host
  • blckislandguyblckislandguy Member Posts: 1,150
    The last time I looked it snowed in Rhode Island and there were pot holes. Big pot holes.

I wouldn't get 20" M type wheels because you can't get snow tires for them and Xi drive with summer tires will put you into Narragansett Bay the first time it snows or gets icy and you try to stop.
  • bdemarbdemar Member Posts: 23
    All I currently have the following deal on the table for a 2010 750i (all wheel drive) space gray, black leather, with comfort package, lux seating, premium sound and the optional 19inch style 235 wheels. I'm doing a 3year 15k lease.

MSRP - 93,880

+ 329 appearance program (is this worth it?)

- 5,880 discount
    ---------------------

- 55,300 Trade in Value
    ---------------------------
    + 50,472 ( Lein payoff on my trade in)
    + 6,195.59 Sales tax
    + 25 Tag fee
    + 154.38 Doc fee
    ---------------------
    89,875.97 Total Price

If I do a 4k cap reduction plus 1 mo payment, acq cost, security deposit (which I might get out of cause I just returned my lease 7 months ago) my drive off cost would be $6572 and my monthly payment $1193. which includes 7% usage tax This is with the .0017 Money Factor.
  • bmwinfo1bmwinfo1 Member Posts: 2
    interested in buying out my 2007 750li pretty much loaded with 17k miles....have the dealer down to 45,695...is this a fair price for this car with certification?
    does anyone out there no the latest residual and money factor on a 2011 bmw 750xi with 15K a year, 36 month lease?
    when i ordered the car in march, it was at a 55% res. and .0025 mf. however, the deal told me when the car arrived, we could re-do the deal in my favor if these #'s were better.
    Please help! i don't trust the dealer. (car man are you out there?)
    Here's the latest info for you, bonzmd. BMW Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 750xi with 15,000 miles per year are .00250 and 55%, respectively...exactly the same as you were quoted when you placed your order.

Car_man
    Host
  • beopersonbeoperson Member Posts: 74
    Can anyone post July numbers for 2011 BMW 750xi?

Any loyalty rebates or specials?

Thank you in advance.
  • beopersonbeoperson Member Posts: 74
    ok got some info:
    MF 0.00210
    Residual 58% @ 10K 36 month
    Looks like dealers in NJ are willing to sell at 7% off MSRP which according to dealer is their invoice price.

Seems like there are no specials for 2011 750 LXI
    Beoperson, BMW Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 750xi with 15,000 miles per year are 00210 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I don't believe that BMW is currently providing any cash incentives on this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • bjh11bjh11 Member Posts: 2
    I am not sure if you want to purchase snow tires on rims for your bmw 750 but if you are than please respond. blondieblys@aol.com
  • bjh11bjh11 Member Posts: 2
    addendum to other message....you are quite right you cannot purchase 20" that is why these tires are being sold with the wheels and did work out excellently for my 750 BMW...moving to florida is only reason am selling ...blondieblys@aol.com
  • 595express595express Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car_man,
    Would you have the MF and residual information for 2011 740Li, 36 month lease 15000 miles per year? Thanks.
    While I personally think leasing is a bad deal for most people, BMW apparently
    subsidizes there leases but less so their sales. In other words to get you on the merry go round of leasing, they are willing to subsidize the lease to get you on board.

Does the case ever exist where Bimmer's subsidy is so great that a potential buyer (as opposed to a lessor) should go ahead and lease the car with the expectation that he will get the benefit of the subsidy and then at the end of the lease period buy the car??
    This is just a little trick to deter you from getting off the merry go round and actually buying a car of you own.
  • 07montecarloss07montecarloss Member Posts: 1
    Hi car_man,
    Are there still lease rates available on the 2010 750Li xdrive? My dealer has one left over that he is trying to get me to buy but I would rather lease. (I own a business and for me leasing is the best way to go). I would like to see if you can get me the money factor, residual value and if there is any incentive available on either 24 or 36 month terms with 15K miles per year.

I know the 2011 rates are probably better but the dealer is offering me $14K off sticker on this one so it might be worth my while.

Thanks in advance
    I'd be happy to help you out, 595express. BMW Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 740Li with 15,000 miles per year are .00210 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
    You are absolutely correct, blckislandguy. Unless one is looking at a leftover model at the end of the model year, when BMW is providing large dealer cash incentives on models to help dealers clear them off of their lots, one is often better off financially leasing a new BMW rather than purchasing it.

One of the reason that leases of BMWs are such good deals is that BMW FS usually overestimates vehicles residual values. Doing so undercharges consumers for their vehicles' actual depreciation and provides low lease payments. Unfortunately, this also often makes purchasing vehicles at lease-end for their end-of-term contract prices a bad deal.

I don't think that I would ever personally lease a BMW with the intention of purchasing it at lease-end. The residual values are just too inflated. It's great for lessees, but not so good for people who want to buy their cars at the end.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey 07montecarloss. BMW is still providing some lease support on the 2010 7-Series, but its program isn't great.

BMW FS' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2010 750Li with 15,000 miles per year are .00185 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00185 and 44%.

I am not aware of any cash incentives on this model at this time, but BMW is providing closeout dealer cash on a number of other 2010 models, so I wouldn't be completely surprised if BMW did introduce some dealer cash on the '10 "7" in September.

Car_man
    Host
    edited September 2010
    As a buy-and-hold kind of guy, I've always been against leases. But I talked with our CPA firm recently and now I'm convinced that for someone who can claim the vehicle as (mostly) a biz expense that leasing is the only way to go. They told me that on a $1500 a month ($18,000 a year) lease on a new 7 Series at the end of the three year lease I would be able to write off $53,000.

This scenario is better than even waiting a year or so and buying a used 2010 7 Series for $65,000 because of the limited amount of depreciation I could claim even over a 6 year holding period..

As a side note, I heard at a Penske dealership over the weekend that because lots of financial and mortgage types have had their Bimmers repossessed, that the used values have plummeted!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    On a related note.. my next door neighbor just bought an '06 750Li with 52K miles for $30K...

Is the lease payment on a 7-series really $1500/mo.? That's a pretty crappy payment for a $90K car... Tax write-off or not... lower payments are better... Shop around!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

edited September 2010
    Not quite $1500 but close to it for a no money down, 12,-000 mile 36 month lease for a long wheelbase, all wheel drive 750.

Incidentally, I have yet to see a 750iL x with a Moroney of less than 97K because the dealers load them up with Luxury Seating, Cold Weather, Premium Sound (Does anyone over 25 really need something like 16 speakers??), Back Up Camera (if you can't see behind you, maybe you should take Yoga so you could turn your head?), etc. etc.

All in all, I'm seriously considering a Porsche Pamara. Why? Less money, better car (would you ever dare own a 7 Series out of warranty?), etc.
  • ex_sc400ex_sc400 Member Posts: 9
    Dear Car_Man,

I'm actually looking for a 2011 535i, when I found out there have been so many complaints about the alignment issue, and it doesn't look like there will be a fix any time soon. Given I'll be returning my 2008 535i in 2 weeks, I want to start shopping for a 740i (not the L version). Do you have the Sep MF and residual for a 740i, with 12k a year for 3 years?

Thanks.
    Hey ex_sc400. BMW Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 740i with 12,000 miles per year are .00210 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
  • mrhonimrhoni Member Posts: 1
    I was interested in 2011 740i lease for 60 months and 15k miles/year. What's the numbers on this.

I see in the posts a money factor and read to multiply it by 2400. The last number I saw posted came out to 5.04%. Meanwhile, on BMW's web I see some info that leads me to think the rate is 1.9% on leases > 3 years? Why the difference?
    Thanks
    edited September 2010
    As I mentioned above, I've always been a buy and hold kind of guy but now my CPA firm has me convinced that leasing--and expensing to my company-beats the much slower buy and depreciate route. So, I checked out leasing a 7 Series with the intention of buying it at the end of the lease.

As far as I can tell, every one agrees on two things.

1) BMW residuals are articificially inflated. Buying a BMW at the end of the lease is going to be an above-market price transaction. Translation: you, a loyal BMW customer, are going to pay more for your soon to be off lease car than the guy who walks in and wants to buy your car. Thank you very much, BMW.

2) Everyone also agrees that you don't want to own a 7 Series that is out of warranty. So, if you want to buy your car at lease end, you will want to have it CPOed to get the added warranty. This is going to cost you roughly $2500 for the paperwork and the remedial work.

All in all, while maybe leasing for business owner is a good deal, BMW makes it harder than they have to if you want to buy the car at end.

A question for the house. We all know that some options are more valuable down the road than others. When they compute residual values do they recognize this? For example does the $6000 M Package have more resale value than larding the 7 Series up with $6000 worth of random options. Saying it differently, does spending $600 on a "ceramic" coating of the I drive knob really have any residual value at all???
    In general (with BMWs), almost any option on the Monroney sticker is fully residualized.. Almost anything added by the dealer is not...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited September 2010
    You know, this whole leasing thing is beginning to hurt my head for several reasons. There seem to be no end to the fees. Moreover, BMW 7 Series option pricing is a suckers game. I think because most 7 Series cars are leased, often by people with advance degrees after their name but not much business savvy, they think " what the heck, just roll the added cost of an option into the lease payment". As a result the cars that are here on the ground are loaded with options of dubious value.

Want an example? The "Premium Sound" package for $1800 adds a couple of speakers, a woofer, Sirius radio and your mobile phone is "prewired." I have never seen a 7 Series without this. Whats the big deal? Well, those three speakers and a woofer just cost you $66 per month for your three year lease. (Who needs a 'prewired phone' when you can hold your cell phone in your hand?).

Or maybe, the car you like has the Luxury Seating package? Again, I have never seen a new 7 Series in New England without this $2000 gem. This option has a massage feature, some ventilation, and a button to push that does something to the bolsters. I figure that the average owner will use these features exactly once, unless he lives in South Texas and really needs the ventilated seats. Again, for a $2000 option you are going to pop $66 bucks a month on a three year lease.

Now, don't get me started on my last example. For $600 BMW will ceramic coat the I Drive knob. The fact that you hardly understand how to work the I Drive is beside the point. This little bit of coating is going to cost you roughly $40 per month for 36 months.

What is particularly galling about this, is that the Aurtomatic Roll Stabilization , the one option that you probably should pop for I have never seen available on a dealer's lot. While it was standard on many 2010 750's , BMW decontented the car and it is now an option. But because it probably doesn't sell well, the dealers don't order cars with it . (Notice how all the Bimmers tested by the car books have this option.)

You want to drive a 7 Series? Tell them to bring one in with zero options. You'll be happy to wait 6 weeks just on principle. Tell them that you didn't build your business or professional practice by being a dummy. Tell them that you would be mortified if a colleague ever said to you, "Bernie, you are paying $40 a month for a coating on a knob you can hardly use?. Don't you remember when we came back from Vietnam and went to school on the GI Bill that we rented a house off campus for $40 a month?"
    Hi mrhoni. BMW does not offer support on 60 month leases. The longest its special lease money factors are available for is 42 months. That's really the longest that anyone should lease a BMW for.

BMW FS' current 42 month buy rate lease money factor for the '11 740i is .00210. That's equivalent to an interest rate of around 5%.

BMW is providing 1.9% conventional financing on the 2011 7-Series right now. For whatever reason, its lease program just is not as aggressive at this time.

Car_man
    Host
  • jimmy24jimmy24 Member Posts: 10
    Dear Car Man,
    All the discussion on residuals and factors hurts my fat head. In dummy terms, what is a reasonable payment on a 2011 750i for either 36 or 42 months w 15k/year? Thanks,J
  • nik11nik11 Member Posts: 8
    In TX - Is this good deal ( I ahve been working wiht local dealer)- 2011 740i Sapphire Black with M sport package for $74,500 (before TT&L) - will likely lease (15,000K and 36 months)just trying to finalize price first.

Have perfect credit what would be fair monthly price on this and what is a good money factor?

Also having dilemma choosing wheels - like the 19 inch on M sport (only reason going with the M package) but also considereing the 19 inch radials or 21 inch ferric grays. Any downside with 21 inch on the 7 series?
    Any downside with 21 inch on the 7 series?

Massive tire replacement cost?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I know what you mean, jimmy24. Still if you don't understand how leasing works, it probably would be in your best interest to check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

If you provide me with the MSRP and approximate selling price for the 750i that you're interested in I would be happy to use BMW's current lease program to work up a payment for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man,

I am in process obtaining black 2011 740i with 19 inch radial spoke wheels only- MSRP $72,800 the selling price $69,600.

What would my payments be using the current BMW lease program (I have perfect credit).
    Hi nik11. Let's crunch some numbers and see what we come up with.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2011 BMW 740i that has an MSRP of $72,800 and a selling price of $69,600 through BMW Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $1,052.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_Man,

Thanks. No dealer Houston giving me buy rate even with near perfect credit score. Offering .00265, with multiple security deposits can get it down which i will do, maybe 4 deposits to around .00222.

Also in TX so tax on whole purchase price of car adds 120$ a month to payments as well. After all taxes included getting price $1210.

The money factor rate is getting me.

Is the deal worth it, do you think incentives may improve Nov/Dec?

Also do you think I should maybe negotiate on car on the lot trying to get to same net cap cost, because this month there is tax credit which will save me 4300$ or so and car with hiugher MSRP/residual will also help bring down payments.?

The monthly paymeny price not that big issue with me just want to know I am getting a good deal or not befor I pull the trigger, thanks.
  • zellamseezellamsee Member Posts: 5
    Car-Man,

Any chance you have the MF and residual for a 3 year lease of a 740i, 12k miles per year? I believe the figures for October were .00210 and 57%, but I am guessing that the numbers were recently updated (for November)? Also, it appears that there currently is a $2,500 cash back incentive. Do you think I could realistically negotiate the purchase price down to the invoice price, given this incentive -- that is, even if the dealer gives me the car at invoice, do they still end up with $2,500 profit with respect to the lease?

Thanks much.
    edited November 2010
    Hi nik11. To me, the ideal deal on this car would be the use of the buy the lease money factor and a selling price of around $1,000 over invoice. This may not be possible in your area. Have you tried shopping around? Shoot for a deal as close to this as possible.

OH by the way, BMW just introduced a $2,500 cash incentive on this car for the month of November. This cash should enable you to negotiate a much more attractive selling price than you were able to get last month.

Car_man
    Host
    I certainly do, zellamsee. BMW Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 740i with 12,000 miles per year are .00220 and 54%, respectively.

You're correct, BMW did just introduce a $2,500 holiday credit on this car. Make sure to take this cash into account during your negotiations. That means that the dealer would indeed make $2,500 on a car that it sold at dealer invoice.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man,

Thanks. I did just do the deal. I used extra $2500 incentive plus the $3200 of MRSP that I negotiated initially so got 2011 740i with only upgrade of 19 inch wheels radial spoke sapphire black for $67100. The lease is for 15K/36 month but residual dropped to 52% and MF for any dealer in Houston is .0025. I will buy this down for sure, of course they added 1200$ in fees (acquisition included and doc fee) and something called phantom footprints for 290$ that they say is required comes with all cars. Pre tax around $1090

In TExas so pay 4300$ taxes upfront rolled into car, hopefully when all said and done monthly payment including taxes wil be 1200$
    You're very welcome, nik11. Texas taxes are wild. I've never heard of phantom footprints before. Did the dealer explain what it is? Window etching?

Anyhow, congratulations and enjoy your awesome new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    I just got back from the dealership. 2011 750i. msrp 94775 reduced 6500 to 88275.

2500 down.

54% residual on 36month/36 mile lease
    .00260 factor.

w/ tax (7%) monthly payment is about $1540/month.

is this a good price or do I need to shop around? I bought my last car so not in a big hurry. is there a "best time" of the year to lease a bmw.

thanks for all your help.

Jimmy
  • benz2779benz2779 Member Posts: 31
    When you say $2,500 down... does that mean as a down payment plus inception fees or total out of pocket?? I come up with a .00210 money factor and you should be capping the car at about $83,641.00. Brings the payment to $1,274.07 with an out of pocket of $2,384.38 plus plates. Thats a 36 month term with 12,000 miles per year. What state are you registering the car in?
    Thanks for the reply. it is the 750iL. I put 750i before.

I understood it to be a downpayment. i'd still have to pay the first month's lease payment. I'm in Georgia and the tax for the county is 7%.

As an aside, I was shopping the deal and another salesman said just tell me what options you want so told him I really only want the luxury front seats, rear camera and bigger rims. Told me car would "have to be made" and would be just under 92k and that a 36 month lease w/ 12k/year is $1352 (includes 7% tax). He was giving the $2500 rebate and another 6k off that so i guess around an $84k car. (I didnt assk for residual, money factor etc so cant give to you.) Sounded like a good deal but won't do anything w/o your blessing.

Here's another question. If i go w/ the above, he says he has to order and it will take 6-8 weeks to get here. It doesn't seem to be an unusual package. Is that normal? is he telling me that b/c none on the lot and he doesn't want to pay to ship one from out of state? could i offer to pay that costs and if so, what would it run?

sorry for all the questions, but youre an awesome source to make sure i don't screw this up.

Jimmy
    Feel like I have fair offer on 750iL w luxury seating, camera and iPod only. Salesman says can't find so has to order which will take 4-6 weeks. My question its not a difficult (metallic silver) color or options and is he just not wanting to pay delivery? Is that a bargaining issue for me or can I pay to have it shipped now instead of waiting 6 weeks? If so how much would it coats me or dealer on average? Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.