Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Lease Questions

Comments

• atlcarfan1atlcarfan1 Member Posts: 4
    I'm considering leasing a new 2010 X5 4.8 (pretty loaded). The sticker price is $76,475. I would lease for 36 mos, 10K miles per year. The dealer quoted me $1,151 + tax as a lease payment. This sounds high to me.

What should I realistically expect. I'm in Atlanta.

Thanks fo the help.
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Ran the numbers for you and IF you had a cap cost of 73000 then your payments would be 1089 for 15k miles 36 months. Plus another 142 @ month taxes. Since I didn't know all the other fees -- the number is not far off. Good luck getting a discount. Residual 58% money factor .00250 [6%]
  • dcbmwownerdcbmwowner Member Posts: 8
    "If I was in the market for this truck, I personally would want a larger dealer discount than that..."

If you were in the market for a truck, you wouldn't be looking at an X5. It's not a truck.
  • stanx5stanx5 Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone know the money factor and residual for 2010 x5 diesel? I just ordered my car and would like to know what my payment will be for a 36 months lease. Thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    It's all a matter of semantics, dcbmwowner. BMW itself calls the X3, X5, and X6 "BMW light trucks" in its monthly sales press release. If BMW calls them trucks, then that's what I'm going to call them.

http://news.prnewswire.com/DisplayReleaseContent.aspx?ACCT=ind_focus.story&STORY- =/www/story/10-01-2009/0005105009&EDATE=

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Welcome stanx5. Unfortunately, BMW is not currently providing any lease support on the X5 diesel. As a result, if you were to lease one through BMW Financial Services right now, you would have to use its standard lease money factor...which is probably around .00280.

As far as the residual value goes, BMW FS' current 36 month, 15,000 mile per year residual value for the 2010 X5 35d is 55%. If you were to lease this truck with only 12,000 miles per year, its residual value would be 2% higher. This truck's 10,000 mile per year residual value would be 3% higher.

Let me know if you need any help working up a payment. I'd be happy to do it for you if you provide us with the full MSRP and dealer invoice price of the exact unit that you ordered.

Make sure to stop back and let us know hoe you like it when your X5 arrives.

Car_man
    Host
    If it hauls like a truck-- uses gas like a truck -- and costs 65k -- it's a bmw truck. ;)
    HA jayrider. Good one ;) ,

Car_man
    Host
  • 03qx03qx Member Posts: 91
    Looking for the Money factor and residual on a 2009 Model and if there is any lease cash besides the eco rebate
    Thanks
    Hi 03qx. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 X5 3.5 Diesel with 15,000 miles per year are .00250 and 55%, respectively.

You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need, so I had to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

The only cash incentive on leases of this truck is the $4,500 that you already seem to be aware of.

Car_man
    Host
  • stanx5stanx5 Member Posts: 3
    Hey Car_man,

I thought you said the money factor for the x5 diesel was 0.0028. Did it come down to 0.0025? I am expecting delivery for mid december or January, do you think there is any chance of a promotional money factor of 0.0015 like the 5 series? Thanks again.
  • 03qx03qx Member Posts: 91
    Thanks !! It almost the same as a 2010 Model except 2010 has a .00255 Money Factor and same residual. Very interesting ! and yes 36Mo 15K is perfect.
  • jpmpjpmp Member Posts: 4
    I'm considering leasing a new 2010 X5 3.0i. The suggested price including destination is $58625. I think the invoice on this vehicle is about 54000. Lease for 36 mos, 10K miles per year, $0 down. The dealer quoted me $970 per month including tax. Is this considered a good deal? wha't the current money factor and residual on 2010 X5 3.0i?

Thanks for the help.
  • stanesqstanesq Member Posts: 16
    Thats a pretty terrible price. I was quoted $721 with $2500 out of pocket up front on a vehicle that was $56545 I believe with 12K miles per year on a 36 month lease on a 2010 X5 3.0
    was $56545 msrp or the actual price you negotiated?
    and was your monthly payment of $721 with or without tax?
  • my3sweetpeasmy3sweetpeas Member Posts: 2
    Hello, I am new to this forum so please excuse if I am miss posting.....

I have the opportunity to lease a 2009 X5 3.0si for $717 a month.... The MSRP is $55,120. The purchase price is $49,635. The money factor is 0.00205 and the residual is 55 or 57%. Total due at signing is $1822.31 which includes the refundable security deposit of $750 and first months payment, and transfer of plates. Does this sound like a good deal? I should mention that it is a DEMO that has 2800 miles on it. The lease is for 12,000k a year for 36 months. Thank you in advance for your input!
    Got a big discount on msrp -- 2500 miles isn't an issue -- it's a lease and everything is covered. Only issue is if you could get more off the truck. Check prices paid thread. Otherwise deal looks ok.
    that was MSRP, the $721 includes taxes
  • bjordan1bjordan1 Member Posts: 14
    i just started the shopping process and was quoted the following:

MSRP 56075
    2500 lease buy-down from BMW
    5171 out of pocket
    3yr/36k
    655/mo w/o taxes (702 w/ taxes)

i don't think it matters as far as loyalty discounts go, but i currently have a lease on a 750 that will terminate soon.

the offer above doesn't seem all that great to me - any thoughts?
    i'm in the process of finalizing my lease deal but i feel as if they are playing with numbers quoting me outrageous numbers. can someone tell me what an appropriate monthly payment should be as well as out of pocket cost?

msrp is $58,625
    negotiated it down to $55,810
    after bmw holiday saving of $2,500 it is $53,310.
    lease for 36months/10,000miles
    $0 downpay.

what's exactly included in out of pocket cost?
    does anyone know how to calculate monthly payment?
    thanks.
    Its not a great deal. They should be selling you that car for $6000 to 6500 off MSRP (which includes $3500 to 4000 dealer discount off MSRP and the $2500 rebate) ask that what the capitalized cost is.
    $6000 to $6500 off the msrp seems a little unrealistic here in socal. $55,810(before $2500 rebate) was best price quoted from 6 different dealers. X5 seems to be in high demand with shortage of vehicles at this time. btw, can you do lease calculation? the cap cost should be $53,310.
    Im dont really know how to do lease calc easily, sorry.

X5 is not in high demand and dealers are concerned that when the 2011 coming in march becomes VERY public knowledge wthey will have a hard time selling 2010s X5s
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Try this: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
    Tidesterman -- putting posters to work. Making them do there own thing. Keeping extra time for himself. Booyah !!
  • dutchedutche Member Posts: 2
    What is the current money factor and residual for 2010 BMW X5 35d, 36 month and 10,000 miles year. How is BMW calculating the current offer of 559/mo, I tried using the calculate lease formula's, but unless there using a near zero MF. i'm not close.

Thanks
  • dhkhandhkhan Member Posts: 30
    Here's how I figured it out, based on the info given on the MB site for the $559/mo advertised lease:

MSRP 55, 925, Security Deposit 600, Acquisition Fee 725, 36 mo, 10K, Cap Cost Reduction 4,100.

Back-calculating I got a figure of 49,650 for the gross cap. cost, which resulted in the $559/mo figure.

I was at the dealer yesterday for a X5d test drive and asked them about this calculation and they confirmed the 49,650 figure. When asked how this works got the following indication (never a straight answer of course):

MSRP 55,925 - Eco Credit 4,500 - Dealer Conribution 1,775 = 49,650.

I mentioned that MB doesn't say the 4,500 is rolled into the cap cost figure and they said "Yes, it is not very clearly worded".

Of course on the mbworld.com forums people mentioned that for the 2010 X5d they are getting $500 over invoice (51,480 per Edmunds) and then still have the 4,500 to apply to the cap reduction, so basically 47,500 for the cap cost in the lease calculation. One poster sent me the name of a dealer in Arizona who will do the 500 over deal.

Hope the above answers your question.
  • dutchedutche Member Posts: 2
    Thanks, sure does. What was the money factor you used? And I assume the residue value was 58%. Thanks
  • dhkhandhkhan Member Posts: 30
    BMW numbers for 2010 X5d that I used are:

Money Factor: 0.00250

Residual: 58%
    Hi stanx5. BMW FS' money factor for X5 diesels was .00280. It is now .00250. Banks like to change these things to keep us on our toes ;) .

BMW's current lease program is scheduled to run through January 4th. It's possible that it will make an unscheduled enhancement to its lease program for certain models in December, but the program for most models will likely remain the same through the end of the year.

It is difficult to say what BMW's January program will be like at this point. Typically manufacturers' December lease programs are more aggressive than their January programs because they are trying to suck in as many sales as they can to their annual totals to make them look better. It probably wouldn't hurt to see if you can lock-in BMW's current lease program for your ordered vehicle. Doing so should give you the option of taking the current program or the new program, whichever is better.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome, 03qx.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jpmp. Let's crunch some numbers and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2010 BMW X5 3.0 that has an MSRP of $58,625 and a selling price of $53,310 through BMW Financial Services right now for 36 months with 10,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $703.

At lease signing for this deal, you would have to pay your truck's first month's payment, a security deposit equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $25 increment (unless you're a returning BMW FS lessee), BMW's $725 acquisition fee, and any required taxes or fees.

I used the formula that is outlined in the following article to calculate your payment, Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • jerryj10jerryj10 Member Posts: 1
    What can you expect for discounts off MSRP before 2,500 holiday discount, 36 month rate factor and residual for 12,000? Current X5 is being traded in with BMW financial absorbing last three payments (supposedly not rolled into the new lease)
  • ryo998ryo998 Member Posts: 13
    Got a quote today from the dealer for a 2009 BMW X5 3.0 with premium, technology, cold weather and rear climate package.

MSRP $56,275
    DOWNPAYMENT $3,000
    BMW HOLIDAY CREDIT $2,500
    MONEY FACTOR 0.00265
    RESIDUAL 56% (12K miles)

MONTHLY PAYMENT $740 + tax. Looks kind of expensive to me. What do you guys think?
  • suryansuryan Member Posts: 4
    Sounds like expensive to me. This is what I got from my dealer:

2010 X5 3.0 - Premium, Technology, rear climate package, 3rd row seats.

$5000 Initial down payment(includes first month payment, one month payment as security deposit)

$605 per month(with tax it's $664 tax - california). 36 months, 12K miles /year.

I did not take this, instead placed an order for X5 35d diesel.
  • my3sweetpeasmy3sweetpeas Member Posts: 2
    That's too expensive.....

I just leased a 2009 X5 3.0 with premium, cold weather, and rear climate. 36 months 12,000k per year.

MSRP~ $55120
    Due at signing~ $1921 (included security deposit, first month payment, plate)
    BMW rebate~$1750

Monthly payment~ $706 including tax
    The salesman didn't seem want to make a deal, so that's that...

Anyway, the new lease offer advertised for 2010 X5 3.0 by BMW, $519/mo for 36 mo. 10K/year. Does anyone know how they arrive at that number? What money factor and residual did they use?
    Got another quote from another dealer...

MSRP $56,625
    BASE CAP COST $52,145 (I am assuming this includes Holiday Credit?)
    MF 0.0024
    RESIDUAL 59% (12K/year)
    NO CAP COST REDUCTION
    DRIVE OFF $2,555 (includes 1st month, license/reg, bank and documentation)
    MONTHLY $726 + tax

What do you guys think?
  • helmet4helmet4 Member Posts: 1
    Two different dealers told me that the money factor for a 3 year, 10,000 mile lease on 2010 X5 diesels is now .0033 versus the .0025 I have seen posted here recently. Residual value set at 58%. This is what the two dealers I have talked to are saying that BMW financial services is now quoting, but seems to differ from what is posted on BMW's website (if you back in to the numbers for $599/month lease they are now quoting). Car man or someone else, can you confirm this?
  • namitanamita Member Posts: 1
    Does any one knows what is current money factor for X5-30i ?

Also, any possibility it will be lower next month?

Sorry, I ma new to this so not sure how frequently BMW releases new MF?

Nearing a deal on leasing X5-30i MSRP ~58000 and negotiated down after all rebates to ~ 53000 but not sure what should be the correct MF?

I suspect dealer uses higher MF.

Thanks,
  • jlau1jlau1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Would you mind telling me where money factors (buy rate), residuals, and selling prices are for the 2010 BMW X5 4.8 right now? Looking to buy in a few weeks.

Thanks,

jlau1
  • jedi70jedi70 Member Posts: 3
    plaselet me know of this quote

2010 X5 3.0 - Premium, Technology, rear climate package, technology pkg.

$2000 Initial down payment(includes first month payment, one month payment as security deposit)

$755 per month(with tax-5%). 36 months, 10K miles /year. includes the holiday credit.
    i it too expensive?
    what should the monthly payment be
  • sls1sls1 Member Posts: 45
    This deal sounds good, thoughts?

2010 X5 3.0 premium w/ cold weather and 3rd row
    MSRP $56375
    Cap cost $51353 inclusive of holiday rebate.
    Residual 60% (33,825)
    money factor .00225
    36 month lease w/ 10 miles
    nothing down just standard inceptions
    $678.57 plus tax

question on inceptions- is is standard for dealer to charge a doc fee? and do I have to pay sales tax on the holiday rebate up front?
    Thanks
    Hello helmet4. The money factor that you were quoted is way too high. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate for a 36 month lease of a 2010 X5 diesel is definitely only .00250. It sounds like the dealers that you spoke with are attempting to mark up BMW's buy rate to add additional hidden profit to your deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, namita. Through January 4th, BMW Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor for the 2010 X5 3.0i is .00225.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, jlau1. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 X5 4.8 with 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 58%, respectively for returning lessees or new ones who pay a security deposit at lease signing.

You never mentioned how long you want to lease this truck for or what mileage allowance you need, so I had to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $2,500 cash incentive that is currently available on it into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • bimmergirlbimmergirl Member Posts: 3
    Hi there
    I am trying to negotiate a lease..as there is a $4500 eco credit through jan 4
    .the published deal for BMW USA is $559/month plus tax for 10K miles a year
    includes premium package/heated seats and destination charge... the MSRP is 55,925....i want to add 2,000 miles a year to 12K a year ( i was told the extra miles added $1,100 to the cost) and a technology pkg..
    (which is $2,800) so the added value would be $3900 to the MSRP totalling $59,825 and i am getting the runaround from local dealers who say they are
    discounting the "new" MSRP over $2000 and the new payment will be $629/mth plus tax.... how do I figure out if they are giving me the same lease deal as they wont tell me the percentage rate... in other words to upgrade that car 2k how much more per should i be paying with the lease deal/ percetage advertised
    HELP!!!
  • skironmanskironman Member Posts: 2
    Here's a great lease calculator. it helped me out on a recent deal. www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    You can save gas and use our very own lease calculator right here along with full explanations on the how to Calculate Your Own Lease Payment part. No need to drive across town. :shades:

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • autofahrerautofahrer Member Posts: 1
    Visited a local Dallas dealer today and got the following quote for 2010 X5d to be ordered before jan 4 in order to get tax credit

msrp $60125
    prem pkg
    tech pkg
    + some other options

$7000 down includes fees, 1st month, etc
    $4500 eco cred
    36 mnths, 12k miles
    Money fact .0029
    $788/month

Not much of a deal to me..Any recs on certain dealers who are willing to negogiate with long time BMW customer? Thanks
This discussion has been closed.