Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Lease Questions

Comments

• a4sfa4sf Member Posts: 13
    Any chance you have the name of that dealer in Az?
  • new_bmwnew_bmw Member Posts: 1
    I am considering leasing a 2009 X5 3.0i that was used as a loaner (it comes with full warranty). It has most of the extras with the exception of NAV. It has 16K miles on it. Original MSRP was 55K and selling price is 40K after 2.5K rebate. Looking at a 3 yr, 10K mile lease for about $650 (incl. tax, $1K down). Having trouble figuring out what the residual should be. Does this seem like a good deal?
  • bimmergirlbimmergirl Member Posts: 3
    that's not bad, but not great..the national add for 2010 x5 diesel gives you a $4,500 eco credit off an MSRP around 55K with premium pkg and heated seats (no nav) for $559 a month plus tax,,,, there is a larger down payment lik$4100 but it's brand new and will get double the gas mileage of an traditional gas x-5 and you'll be doing something good for the environment!!! I decided to buy one it;s on order at BMW totally loaded and for me it was a better deal to buy it as i wanted nav and more miles a month so ultimately I got $4500 eco credit and another $2700 off so amost $7,500 off the MSRP of a $59K vehicle.

if you have to borrow monwy the rates for lending for purchase are better than for lease at BMW i't like 4% vs 6%
  • pos_bmw_noobpos_bmw_noob Member Posts: 1
    Considering X5 30i lease (3ry 10k mi./yr). Anyone know if there is any reason to wait until after the holiday credit expires - any clues about promotions after Jan 4? Any recognizable promotions patterns from previous years from watching what happens after holiday season? I cannot help but wonder if sales are low (as common in car industry now) perhaps a better promotion may be offered in January.

Looked at the national advertisement lease offer (includes $2500 holiday credit) with MSRP 52,225. Anyone know if there is more negotiation room in this deal? What are chances of negotiating lower? Anyone succeed and by how much?

Dealers claim 6 to 8 weeks from order to delivery. Is this time estimate accurate and reliable? If not, how much time should I assume is more realistic?

T.I.A.
  • amitsingh1amitsingh1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Here is the offer I am getting for a 2010 BMW X5 xDrive30i
    with
    Premium Package
    Rear Climate Package
    Technology Package
    Running Boards
    Roof rails
    iPod and USB Adapter

MSRP is $56,225.00
    Dealer is willing to sell for $53,280.00

Looking to lease for 3yrs/12k miles per year.
    He has quoted me Down payment 6000 + 2500 bmw credit = 8500 total
    Monthly Payment $611.32 without tax = $670.92 with tax (LA area)

Is this a good deal? I am not to good at all with negotiating so any help would be great...

Thanks!
  • sergbmwsergbmw Member Posts: 2
    Hello, looking if is bmw x5 2009 loaner car with 7000m, for lease $600 a moth plus $1500(bank fee, 1st payment, and dmw fee). Is this a good deal? Thanks
  • sergbmwsergbmw Member Posts: 2
    hello, I have offer for 2009 x5 loaner car with 7000ml.
    msrp is 54,075.
    cold weather package
    premium package
    rear climate package
    iPod and USB
    lease is 36m/10k.
    payment $600/m and $1500(1st payment, bank fee, DMW fee)
    Is this a good deal? Thanks
  • senninhasenninha Member Posts: 8
    I am new to the leasing world, as I have always financed my cars, but I am looking to give leasing a try to replace my X3 for an X5 diesel. I have read every article I have found and have learned to do my own calculations, which so far seems to have worked as I have been able to get a detailed itemized offer (after a couple back and forths with the sales guy, showing him I could do my own math...) from the dealer in Ft Lauderdale FL. I have the following offer on the table:

MSRP: 62,825

Eco Credit from BMW $4,500
    Dealer Discount $2,500

Until here it looks reasonable ($55,825) if I compare with Edmunds TMV ($56,518). However to get to cap cost, the dealer also adds the following:

Acq fee: $925 (which from what I read BMW FS charges $725 for the X5, meaning the dealer is marking it up by $200)
    Dealer fee: $549 (this one I have no idea if its legit or just another way for the dealer to get profit back would like feedback from the experts out there).

With a $2,500 down payment my cap cost ends at $54,699 which with a 36 term (12,000 miles) and a money factor of 0,0025 works out to a $754+tax monthly payment. So after all this, is this a reasonable offer and specifically your thoughts on the acq fee mark up and the infamous "dealer fee"?

Also, upfront out of pocket has been itemized by the dealer as follows:

$2,500 down payment
    $ 800 Security Deposit
    $ 200 Tag Transfer
    $ 799.22 first payment
    $ 150 taxes on cap cost (this one I still don't get and maybe you can help me understand it, as I see it taxes on cap cost are being paid by taxing the monthly payment)

Would appreciate your feedback on this, as I said I am a rookie at this lease thing.

Thanks and happy holidays.
  • gumercindogumercindo Member Posts: 20
    Hello all:

I was just quoted a money factor of .0024 and a residual value of 60% for a 2010 x5 4.8 with 3 yr/12k miles per year.

Is this reasonable?

the other thing I don't quite get from this thread is are dealers selling X5s for a certain markup over invoice minus the rebate? In other words, is anyone getting deals (including the holiday credit) that gets them the car AT true invoice or very close?

TIA
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    You seem to have a pretty good handle on it..

1) The acquisition fee is marked up the maximum $200 that BMWFS allows.

2) The dealer fee of $549 is pure extra revenue for the dealer..

3) Cap cost reductions paid upfront reduce the monthly payment by a similar amount, lowering the tax collected on the payment... Almost all states collect sales tax on upfront payments (including the acquisition fee).

Chances are, you won't be able to get the dealer to waive the dealer fee and/or the bump in the acquisition fee. I don't know the money factor on the X5 diesel, but if they are bumping the acq.fee, they usually are bumping the MF, as well... Your negotiation point is probably to get them to lower the price of the vehicle, rather than eliminate or reduce the fees. ("When we agreed on a price, I didn't know you were going to stick me with $750 extra in fees... I want more off!")

Good luck!
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• senninhasenninha Member Posts: 8
    Thanks for the clarification, this was offered to me without any price negotiation so I think I still have a couple of ropunds of true negotiation to get the price down. Will let you know how it goes.

Thanks again.
    Just got a quote for a 2010 X5 4.8...

- Premium Package
    - Premium Sound
    - Sport Activity Package
    - Roof rails
    - Rear Seat Entertainment
    - Heated Front Seats

MSRP of $65,725 (which includes $825 destination fee)

The quote I got is $59,320 (which includes the $2,500 holiday rebate, plus MACO i/a/o $200, Dest Charge i/a/o $825 and Training/Svc fee of $180).

I calc'd my lease pmt to be $789+tax and title.

Ok deal?
  • e92s65me92s65m Member Posts: 4
    I ordered an X5 4.8 with the following lease conditions:

MSRP: $78,475
    Cap cost: $71,365 (neg. price)
    MF: 0.00200
    Residual: 57%
    36 month, 15k/year
    lease inception fee: 725
    deposit: 1000

$1040/ month ( tax in), no down payment. Drive off of: $3000

What do you guys think? Decent deal?
  • nugfannugfan Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know the current lease rates for a 2010 X5 35d for 3 years and either 10,000 or 12,000 miles or preferably where I can find them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  • shanchen72shanchen72 Member Posts: 23
    Try this:

http://www.ridewithg.com/index.php/2009/12/2010-bmw-x3-x5-x6-lease-rates-decembe- r-2009/

Money Factor 0.0025
    Residual for 36 mo. 15k/yr is 55%

I would love to have the residual for 36 mo. 10k/yr if anyone knows what it is for 2010 35d.

Thanks.
    Ok, got the quote cleared up.

2010 X5 4.8
    Premium Package
    Premium Sound
    Sport Activity Package
    Rear Entertainment
    Heated Front seats
    Roof Rails

MSRP: $65,725

Dealer quoted me the following:

MF: .0024
    RV: 60%
    Selling Price: $61,820 minus $2,500 holiday rebate to total $59,320
    Acquisition fee: $925
    No downpayment

The dealer basically quoted me invoice + $1400 before rebate and acquisition fee.

Lease Pmt + Tax/tags = $937 (in MD, sales tax is added to the value of the car's selling price, and not the lease pmt).

Walk off with first pmt + $950 deposit.

Is this a good deal?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hello gumercindo. BMW just introduced its new January lease program a couple of days ago. BMW FS' new buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 X5 4.8 with 12,000 miles per year are .00150 and 60%, respectively.

The $2,500 Holiday Credit that BMW was providing on this truck in December is no longer available.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi nugfan. BMW just introduced its new January lease program a couple of days ago. BMW FS' new buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 X5 35d with 12,000 miles per year are .00250 and 56%, respectively.

The residual for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year is 1% higher.

As you may already be aware, BMW is providing a $4,500 cash incentive on purchases and leases of diesel X5s.

Car_man
    Host
  • smitf7smitf7 Member Posts: 15
    HI, my current lease on a '07 ML 350 is up on Feb 25. I am looking to replace with a BMW xdrive48i because it seems the incentives to lease are pretty good. I have on dealer offering me a selling price of invoice ($64,045 ) + maco (480) + 1000. I would lease for 30 mos with 10kmi/yr with an MF of 0.00150 and residual of 64% (I calculated payment including taxe to be $929): . Now knowing that the xdrive50i, would have a build date of 03/10...I dont know if:
    a) I should just do this deal
    b) wait for xdrive 50i
    c) I should do this deal but wait for Feb incentives to order my xdrive48i.

Any advice or opinion is welcome. Do all dealers charge same MACO?
    MACO varies regionally... So, most dealers in the same area will pay the same.

You should be able to lock in your deal now, and it should be good until the end of March. Additionally, your dealer can change to the February or March plan, if that would benefit you, at that time (keep in mind, the incentives, money factor and residual are all one program.. you can't pick and choose each term, each month..)

So, if you have a great deal now, I certainly wouldn't wait for February... If the good deals are gone, you'll miss out.

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks for response. The car I built is:

Premium Package
    Rear Climate Package
    Sport Activity Package with 20" Light-alloy wheels and Comfort Seat
    Comfort Access keyless entry
    Head-up Display
    Heated front seats
    Roof rails
    Running boards
    Destination
    MSRP of $70,325
    Invoice of $64,545

I had two dealer working on it just to have two price points.
    One has it at $800 over invoice + 400 for MACO.
    Other said he would do $600 over + 400 for MACO.
    I am sure the first guy will match.
    So basically $1000 over invoice for 30 mos MF of 0.00150 (that I may reduce with additional security deposit) and 64% residual (10k mi a year). Payment comes to approx $925 a mo with NY taxes included. I just have to decide if I want the Comfort Access keyless entry and Head-up Display. I think it may bother me a bit that the x50i will come out soon but I think it wont be sold so cheap over invoice and financing wont be great or a while. Does anyone have an opinion on the keyless and the HUD?
    Thanks.
    1) Big V8 vs. Big V8.. I wouldn't sweat waiting for the new model.. (but, I'm starting to see why you want a 30 month lease..lol)

2) The whole fob/pushbutton start thing is ridiculous... the only way it starts to make sense is for the comfort access... I'd get it..

3) No opinion on the HUD... never really had a chance to try that out...

4) Make sure you get your quotes in real dollars before committing... Dealers sometimes have strange ideas about what constitutes "invoice".

Good luck!
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you...Made up my mind. Now I have to see which of the3 dealers (one cam e in unsolicited at $700 over invoice). What is a follproof source for invoice to verifyu what dealer says...
    You can check the invoice number against Edmunds.. (+ MACO)...

But, you are shooting for the lowest price.. Don't assume that one dealer's $700 over is cheaper than another dealer's $1000 over.. Build the exact vehicle you want, then compare the exact price given in actual US$.. Not, in some amorphous invoice + $xxx that might not turn out to be what you think.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thansk for advice. Interestingly, in this day and age teh deal still wants me to come in and meet live to plan everything out and finalize the deal in person so that sales managers give me the run-down of the residuals, money factors, invoice, MSRP, and security deposit requirements/explanation. I did get tehm to agree to pay for part of teh tunr in fee for the car I am sending back...
    Hi, just signed the papers. Decided to plunk down the maximum allowed deposits. Makes my payment $875 all inclusive a month with a drive-off of $9235.77 (includes 7200 of deposit i get back at lease-end). Only thing I could not figure out and finance manager there could not clarify is how the NY tax is calculated. If anyone can shed a light, it would be helpful...The way it was explained to me was: my monthly payment is $796.23 * 30 *8.875% * 1.09739. WHen I asked what 1.09739 was I was told its a NY FACTOR. ANyone know what this is?
  • lc2002lc2002 Member Posts: 2
    2010 bmw X5 35d with premium/technology and heated front seats. 12k/year
    Vehicle Price: $58,875.00
    Customer Rebate: - $4,500.00
    Selling Price: $54,375.00

Sales Tax (estimate): + $4,725.06
    Tag/Registration Fees (estimate): + $194.00
    Documentation Fee: + $154.38
    Electronic Filing: + $25.00
    Balance Due (estimate): $59,473.44

LEASE OPTIONS
    Cash Due 36 months 42months
    $1,500 $1018 $997

looks on the high side for me. any remarks?
  • 9squaregrid9squaregrid Member Posts: 15
    In NY you have to pay taxes upfront for all of the lease payments. If you roll those tax payments into the lease, you then have to pay interest on them. I'm guessing that's what the NY factor is.
    That could be it since the car is from NJ. But then the interest should be at the interest rate of the money factor which was 2.42% in my case (0.00101). The NY factor they spit out was 1.09739...The dealer cant explain it/BMW Manhattan cant explain/BMW FS (lets just forget their customer service has a purpose in life)/ NYS dept of taxation told me taht if dealer cant explain I should not pay for it. Still conused...It only adds $210 over teh life of lease but I still want to know what it is.
  • dl_amgdl_amg Member Posts: 57
    Was going to get X5 35dw/Prem+Tech+3rd row seat but ended with R350...due to no exact car and 2 months wait if ordered. Also R350 has great money factor and discounts.

My best offer on X5 is ranging from $2500-$3000 below invoice after the Eco Credit ($4500). I'm in So. Cal.
  • bimmergirlbimmergirl Member Posts: 3
    wow that seems like an amazing deal...most of the dealers would only give an extra 1000 off the MSRP after the eco-credit....i talked to calabasas, thousand oaks , camarillo and south bay..the best deal i got was center in van nuys.
    where are you?which dealer did you go to?
  • dl_amgdl_amg Member Posts: 57
    3k at Valencia. Ask for internet sales manager "JC" or 2k at Alexander in downtown ask for Robert Lee. Based on my options both dealer has no car and require ordering it.
    Good Luck!
    Also I wanted to give an accolade to avery hard working Client Advisor at Prestige BMW in NJ, David Lee. He assisted me on my purchase, works very hard, and has gone above and beyond call of duty to get me a deal that worked. Case in point. I ordered car on MOnday and decided to add another package on it today and he was able to get that through. I have a question on a NY fee on my financing and he has gone out of his way to get the answer from teh NYS dept of Finance. He communicates very well and rapidly by phone and email, so if in the market and in tri-state, dont hesitate. David Lee at Prestige BMW.
  • andy09andy09 Member Posts: 1
    I am getting an X5 in Phoenix, AZ with
    Premium pkg
    Rear Climate pkg
    Technology pkg
    Comfort Access keyless entry
    3rd row seat
    ipod and usb adapter

How much can i pay for this and also what are the prevailing lease rates for 15k mile/year for a 3 yr lease and what is the residual value.
  • roopdawg1roopdawg1 Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased 2010 X5 4.8
    sport package 20 inch rims
    tech package
    premium package
    climate package
    heated seats
    moonroof
    msrp 69,950 or so
    residual 61%

2600 down payment total out of pocket
    900 per month tax included in Florida
    36 month 10k
    Greetings andy09. You should be able to get a decent idea of how much you should pay for this truck by stopping by the "BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion.

As far as this vehicle's current lease program goes, if you were to lease a 2010 BMW X5 3.0 through BMW Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00175 and 58%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • astern26astern26 Member Posts: 4
    roopdawg which dealership did you get that deal from?
  • diyediye Member Posts: 45
    Just leased an X5 3.0, details below:
    (X5 3.0, Premium, 3rd row seats, backrow climate package, ipod, heated seat, Sat Radio, running board)

MSRP: 56,135
    Purchase Price: 52,535
    Residual: 60% (3 year, 12k/year)
    Money Factor: 0.00126 (0.00175 minus 0.00049 because of 7 Security Deposits)
    Bank Fee: 795
    Monthly Payment: $633
    Monthly Payment After Tax: $688
    Total out of Door: $2250 ( 1st Month, Bank Fee, Registration/Government Fees)

I think I did OK. The car got almost all the options I need and nothing else. I got 3600 off MSRP, the dealer didn't markup money factor or Bank Fee. Without the 7 Security Deposits, the monthly payment will be $46 higher.
    Congratulations on getting your new X5, diye. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. If you haven't already and you have the time, make sure to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience.

Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • oiakouoiakou Member Posts: 26
    Car_man,
    what are the BMW's March residual and money factor for 36mo/10K lease on 2010 X5 3.0? Any cash incentives due to upcoming 2011 X5? Looking to lease in the NYC area.
    Greetings oiakou. Here's the information that you're looking for. BMW Financial Services' new March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 X5 3.0 with 10,000 miles per year are .00175 and 61%, respectively.

BMW is not currently providing any cash incentives on leases of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
  • oiakouoiakou Member Posts: 26
    thanks a lot, car_man. Hope to make a deal soon.
  • coal_12ka4coal_12ka4 Member Posts: 2
    Folks,

Here is what I am getting ... the dealer does not believe that the march MF from BMW FS is .00175 as indicated by car_man.

Is this a good deal?

msrp......57375.00
    sale.......53225.00 (This is what I could negotiate to)
    36 months
    60% residual
    .0022500 money factor
    12000 miles per year
    646.00 per month

The total out of pocket first month pmt+tax(2076)+down pmt(2500) and other fees is coming out to be 6626.00
    the dealer does not believe that the march MF from BMW FS is .00175 as indicated by car_man.

The dealer knows what the rate is.. He is marking it up for extra profit on your deal... If he isn't being upfront about that, I'd look elsewhere (which I would do anyway.. if he won't give you the buy rate on the MF).

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• coal_12ka4coal_12ka4 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for your response "kyfdx". I would not believe the dealer on the MF anyways. Will get in touch with others dealers in the area.

Thanks again!
  • cokaer1cokaer1 Member Posts: 1
    Carman or others, I've seen some reports that the March 2010 BMWFS rate for a 2010 BMW X5 xDrive 35d Diesel is .00250 (36 mos, 45k miles) is .00240. My CA tells me that the published BMWFS rate is .00250. Can you help confirm what the rate is? I'n in Buffalo NY area if that matters.
  • cpaman1cpaman1 Member Posts: 8
    Carman,

What are the March MF for the 2010 X5 35d? Also what is the published residual on this car? Looking for a 3 year 36,000 mile lease.
    You're very welcome, oiakou.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi cokaer1. BMW FS' current buy rate lease money factor for the 2010 X5 35d is .00250.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey cpaman1. Here's the information that you're looking for. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 X5 35d with 12,000 miles per year are .00250 and 56%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.