Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi pcrispy. BMW's January lease program was scheduled to run through the end of February.

Current BMW owners and lessees are eligible for the improved, loyalty money factor. If you still have your X3 there's a good chance that you qualify for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • metamindwerxmetamindwerx Member Posts: 12
    I own a 2008 X5 4.8i, I bought it used, and I paid cash for it from a non-BMW dealer - but I have obviously had it serviced by my BMW dealer. I still have it, and I'm getting close to signing my deal, and my question is: do I qualify for the loyal customer incentives, even though I haven't been a BMWFS client? Also, what are the incentives for loyalty presently? What are current money factors for 2011 X5 35i sports activity?

Thanks! You all have been a terrific help!
    That's a good question, metamindwerx. I suspect that you do indeed qualify as a loyal BMW customer.

BMW Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 X5 35i Sports Activity with 15,000 miles per year are .00155 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

This truck's money factor improves to .00125 for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
    My dealer tells me that the $2500 holiday cash is $2408.40, because they say that the funds are taxed - is there any truth to this, or is it BS?
  • evincedevinced Member Posts: 2
    Hello All, I've been looking around for a new lease on a 2011 X5 Sport Activity and I want to hear your input on the following price offered from a local dealership in Bay Area, CA. Is this a good deal?

MSRP: $62,325
    Invoice: $57,545
    Dealer mark up: $750
    MACO fee: $400
    Bank ACQ fee: $925

Total Cap Cost: $59,620

36th months
    15k miles/year

Residual: 56%
    MF: .00165

$842.57 per month + $82.15 tax = $924.72

Drive off:

$1,771.72 ($924.72 + $802 Lic & Reg + $45 Doc fee)
  • tp71tp71 Member Posts: 1
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went today to get pricing on a new X5. A 2011 premium model 10,000 miles p/yr, conv. package, heated front seats. It came out to $2,500 down and $760 p/month. Is this a good or bad deal. What have other people been getting on leases in the NY area. Any recommendations?
    Hello!

Thank you all so much for ALL of your help! I now have a gorgeous '11 X5 in my garage :) I feel like I got a very good deal, definitely with your help! I was able to negotiate myself a fantastic lease rate, the dealership was surprised that I knew about them marking up the acq. fee (thanks to you all they lowered it to the $725!), and overall I walked into the F&I office with a definite hands up. The F&I chick told me that she had never worked with such an educated client and asked me if a friend of mine works for BMW/BMWFS.

Anyhow, thank you again. I really do appreciate it. Oh, and FYI, I did check with BMWFS about the loyalty programs and you have to actually be a BMWFS client within 6 months trailing of signing a new loan/lease to qualify for that bonus.

One final question: I purchased a Fidelity tire and wheel warranty agreement which has been a godsend and I am definitely going to buy another. It cost me $736 for the enhanced coverage and has now paid for itself twice over with my old X5. I asked the dealership about buying a new agreement and they quoted me a price of $1295, which is nearly double what I initially paid not even a year ago. Does anyone have any tips of where I can buy a Fidelity tire and wheel warranty agreement at a good price? I want Fidelity specifically, because they are a piece of cake with claims through my dealer.
  • ab10000ab10000 Member Posts: 127
    I think you should pay 500 under Invoice period
    How does the ECO $3500 credit work in lease calculation. How much should I pay for the following, excellent credit.

MSRP 61,575.00

Lease special on financial service $739.00 based on MSRP $56,575.00.

How much discount can I get in bay area? What lease paymnet?
    what is the MSRP?
  • romsskyromssky Member Posts: 16
    I was told the the bank fee in NJ is $825 and not $725, is that true?

Thanks.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Nope... dealers can mark up the fee by up to $200 ($925 max).. There is no higher fee for NJ..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Hi metamindwerx. The holiday cash isn't here any more, but if it was then it probably would be taxable since it is a consumer-facing incentive instead of dealer cash.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ab10000. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Negotiate as low a selling price as you can on the X5 that you want and then have the dealer subtract the ECO credit from that.

Car_man
    Host
  • smargulismarguli Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

What are the current money factor and residual for 36month 10K miles a year lease for 2011 X5 xDrive35d model?
    Finally placed an order for 2011 x5 35I Premium.

Here's the deal I got:

MSRP: $59,425
    Sale Price: $55,200
    Resid: 58%
    MF: 0.00061 (Loyalty + max MSD)
    Term: 36/10
    Pmt: $630 + tax

Hope this posting helps, this forum certainly helped me.

Hope this helps, this forum certainly helped me
    Hi
    Thanks for the info, if you do not mind few questions,

How much down did you put?
    What state and Dealer?
    Is the diesel more money with same options? Why did you prefer the Gas?
    How did you qualify for MF: 0.00061 (Loyalty + max MSD) ?

Thanks
    Nothing down, just fees (bank, doc, registration and plates) about $1100.
    It's a NJ dealer through a NY leasing co.
    I didn't care for a diesel engine, although I did hear good things about it.
    To qualify for a Loyalty rate (0.0011) you need to be BMW FS current customer. Every additional security deposit reduces your MF by 0.00007, there is a limit of 7, which adds up to a reduction of 0.00049.
  • mets86mets86 Member Posts: 12
    My 2008 X5 come off lease in May. I don't want to turn it in for another one and I don't want to buy it. I think BMW offers a you the option to Re-Lease it. Has anyone ever done it? How does the process work? Does it makes sense to do it?
    What is your payment not including Tax?
    What options you have, MSRP?
    You can lease new 650-750.

If payment is comparable, I will lease new and take advantage of Loyal customer discount on lease.
  • zeppiecrzeppiecr Member Posts: 1
    Do you think you can tell me who I should contact for a similar deal romsky? I am in the NY NJ region as well.
  • amit507amit507 Member Posts: 9
    hi, this board has some great information and I am learning alot. I have one question though..

What's the benefit of putting down 7 security deposits. I understand that it lowers your money factor, thus your monthly payment. However, can't the dealer say that there is excessive wear and tear damage and make up stuff to dip into your security deposit. I guess the question I am asking is there any way you won't see that security deposit. Do you get it back say if your car is totalled, unlike say a down payment?

Thanks
    Even if your security deposit is $ZERO, the end-of-lease charges would still have to be paid.

So, if the dealer can list $3000 of end-of-lease charges, you will owe the money, regardless..

But, where is the motivation? The dealer doesn't hold your security deposit. And, they don't get the damage charges..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• beopersonbeoperson Member Posts: 74
    edited March 2011
    Hi Car_Man
    Do you know what are March numbers for X5 xDrive35i Premium & Diesel?
    I'm ingterested in 36 month 10K.
    Is ecco rebate still available

Thank you
  • bazizbaziz Member Posts: 6
    The deal I got was from a dealer in Jersey

MSRP: 61,800
    Final Price: 57,500
    15,000 miles a year/36 months
    4500 due at signing
    741 a month including NY taxes

Let me know if you want the name of my dealer, he was phenomenal
    The dealer has nothing to do with the deposits or damages, everything is done directly with BMW FS.
    I went through Easy Leasing in Brooklyn, NY. They've been around for a while and offered the best deal.
    My monthly payment right now is $715. I was thinking of maybe trying to re-lease it for another 2 or 3 years. It only has 26k miles right now.
    This is my 3rd BMW from the dealership in NYC. I had bought a 540i in 2000, traded that in to them and leased a 2005 X5, then in 2008, leased my current X5. What is the Loyal Customer dicsount? Do they offer it in NYC? I just had to trade it in and have to put another $3-4k down. Please let me know your thoughts.
    Hello smarguli. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 X5 35d with 10,000 miles per year are .00205 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

This factor is reduced by .00030 for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
    I sure do beoperson. BMW Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 X5 35i Premium with 10,000 miles per year are .00140 and 58%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '11 X5 35d are .00205 and 56%.

These money factors are .00030 lower for loyal customers.

The Eco rebate is indeed still available.

Car_man
    Host
  • a8175a8175 Member Posts: 6
    Hi need some advice. I have a lease order from december and my x5d should be delievered by end of the month. 10 miles a year, x5d,prem pack,tech pack,side view cam,comfort access,running boards,heated front seats, plat bronze. 659 a month with 3155.00 out of pocket for taxes and reg fees. Can u tell me if I can get a better deal with March rates. I am a BMW financial customer this is my 6th lease.
  • echiuechiu Member Posts: 18
    Hi Car Man,

I am looking for the 2 and 3 year lease residual and MFs on the X5 3.5i sport for 12k miles a year. Let me know. Thanks for your help.
    Sounds like a great deal, What is the MSRP of this car?
    And what state you are in?
  • mannydommannydom Member Posts: 41
    hi car man

can you tell us briefly what the eco credit is all about? thanks.
    Eco credit is $3500 incentice when you are buying/leasing X5 Diesel
    Hi echiu. BMW Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a base 2011 X5 3.5i with 12,000 miles per year are .00175 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00175 and 53%.

The money factors for loyal customers are .00030 lower.

Car_man
    Host
    You beat me to it. Thanks for the help beoperson. Your explanation is spot on.

Car_man
    Host
  • raksgalraksgal Member Posts: 18
    Car_man,

What are the March rates for Diesel and Premium for 36 month/ 15K miles, 36 month/12K miles ?

Also, what are the specifics I need to ask for from the dealers for lease quotes ?

Highly appreciate your input
  • bmwpower2010bmwpower2010 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car_man,

Do you have residual value and money factor for 2012!! BMW X5 35i Sport Activity? I am planning to order 2012 model (factory will switch to MY2012 in April) and struggling to find any numbers.

Thanks in advance.
  • rseale1rseale1 Member Posts: 1
    I am interested in leasing a BMW X5 (35i Premium-heated seats, sirius only options-MSRP 53825.00) and am wondering what the March MF/Residuals are?

36mo/12000 per year

Is there any change to the MF/residual with the regular 35i without premium?

Anyone care to report any recent deals with details?

I am in Texas.

Thanks very much,
  • mannydommannydom Member Posts: 41
    regarding money factor and residuals...are these negotiable?...

i have leased two X5s before...everytime i sign the lease contract, i'm getting new license plates...could i just keep the one i have?...what is the dealer getting out of this "gimmick"?...i'll appreciate any info from car_man or others...
  • geemm2geemm2 Member Posts: 2
    i'm getting a quote on a 2012 X5 35i (not premium) lease with convenience package, navigation, satellite radio, and 12000 miles, 3 years for msrp 52,425, with lease factor of .00240 and residual of 56%. do you have lease factors for 2012s yet? are there any figures of actual sales on 2012 or will i have to wait until next month to see what's selling for what?
    My 2008 X5 lease ends in May and I'm thinking of buying it. The mileage is really low (26k) and it's in excellent condition. BMW is begging me to turn it in and lease me another one so that they can lease my '08 to someone else as a CPO and make a lot of money on it. The dealer in NYC quoted me $40k as the purchase price which I think is really high. I reviewed my lease agreement and see that the residual value is $33,500. Doesn't the dealer have to sell it to me at the stated Residual Value that is in the Lease agreement? Please help.....
    You can buy the car directly from BMWFS at lease end.... you don't even need the dealer..

In fact, you could probably buy it from BMWFS for the payoff, right now, which is likely $36K or less...

Hopefully, your dealer is quoting you a price with CPO added... otherwise, they are trying to take advantage of you..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you for the reply. The dealer did actually quote it as a CPO. If I want to buy it directly from BMWFS, how do I go about it?
    Look at your monthly lease statement for a customer service number.... call them up and tell them you want to buy it.. Or, chances are.... with about a month to go before lease expiration, they'll call you...

I'm pretty sure they can also sell you the extended warranty that comes with the CPO... Of course, it will be at MSRP ($3000 or so?).

If you decide you want to buy the car through a dealer, and have them actually CPO the car.... you can shop that deal, as well.... you don't have to do it through your selling dealer...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• dsh3dsh3 Member Posts: 2
    Quoted for the following car:
    2012 X5 35d (building it)

MSRP $62,725
    Sales price $55,080
    36Mo./ 15K miles / BMW loyalty
    Tags / Title / Luxury tax ($220) / $725 bank fee / 1st. months payment up front.

Monthly payment of $825 inclusive of 7% sales tax.

Thoughts?
    Carman & Anyone who can help,

For a selling price of $54,500 for a 2011 X5 Diesel ( Prem, Tech, Roof rails, 3rd row seat, running boards, smart phone, iPOD/USB adopter, Heated front seats) for 10 K Miles

with March MF = .00205 and 56% residual

What should my numbers look like for Dallas (Texas) ? I can do 3500 down payment.

Can you please let me know?

I heard that monthly nmbers go up by $21 on the 12KMiles and $33 on the 15K miles options ? Is this true ?

Thanks
    what is your down payment ?

Does the $825 includes sales tax and no down payment ?

Thanks
  • dsh3dsh3 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2011
    It does. $0 down.
This discussion has been closed.