Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Lease Questions

Comments

• hipreckhipreck Member Posts: 67
    Yep, that's a good deal. Around 3K off MSRP at the lease number you show. Three year residual is 59% at 12K/year.
  • alexanderv2alexanderv2 Member Posts: 13
    Hello kyfdx,

Can you please help me calculate the correct lease payment for the following vehicle:

2006 X5 3.0
    MSRP $50,420
    selling price $47,175
    term 36 months/36k miles
    security deposit $625
    money factor 0.0010
    residual value 59%

Thanks again...AlexanderV2
    I come up with $561.01 excluding tax. Note that not many folks can get the 0.0010 money rate. Most dealers mark it up to 0.0014, even with a security deposit.

If you have leased with BMW in the past, they may forgive the security deposit but they will still hit you up for the aquisition fee.
    Thanks hipreck,

Can you give me any further insight as to the actual formula for calculating this payment?

How do you crunch the actual numbers?

Thanks in advance for your help...AlexanderV2
  • bdr127bdr127 Member Posts: 950
    If you have leased with BMW in the past, they may forgive the security deposit but they will still hit you up for the aquisition fee.

These two fees are charged by BMW Financial Services, NOT the dealer.... It is true that BMWFS will waive your security deposit (which is normally required) if you are leasing another car through them. The acquisition fee is a fee charged by any leasing company to initiate a lease contract and is not BMWFS-specific. Again, the dealer has nothing to do with these fees....
    While the aquisition fee is charged by BMW, many dealers add a markup to it just like they do with the money factor. So iof you lease a BMW, always check if the dealer is adding a markup.

For the question of the formula to calculate a lease, I developed an Excel spreadsheet to do it. You can go to this website to calculate these on the fly: www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm

For the previous example that I calculated the lease for, if the dealer would have charged the typical .0014 instead of .001 for the money factor (the .0004 is profit for them over the BMW charged rate), they would have added a little over $1000 in profit to the deal.
  • alexanderzalexanderz Member Posts: 5
    Can you guys post some of the leasing prices on 2006 4.8's?
    thanks
  • hazmartyhazmarty Member Posts: 32
    Sounds like a good deal alexanderv2. Local dealers seem to be pushing to add an advertising charge of $200 to $380 to the "invoice", and vehicles at that level are "selling" for more like $47.6K and about $575 a month with the same residual and money factor. Where can I get a deal like that in the New York area?
    You would need to supply more details on the 4.8. MSRP with your options, term, mileage.
    standard 36 months/12K year
    MSRP 73000 (nav option)
    please also include your residual and money factor
    thanks
  • 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,390
    Can someone please help me calculate the monthly payment for the following deal?

Vehicle is a '06 BMW X5 4.4i with Premium Pkg, Cold Weather, Navigation, Rear Climate Package, and Heated Steering Wheel. MSRP is $59,895...Sale Price: $56,500.

36 Months/12k Miles a year
    Returning BMWFS lessee

Thanks for all the help!
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
    Can someone please help me calculate the monthly payment for the following deal?

Vehicle is a '06 BMW X5 4.4i with Premium Pkg, Cold Weather, Navigation, Rear Climate Package, and Heated Steering Wheel. MSRP is $59,895...Sale Price: $56,500.

36 Months/12k Miles a year
    Returning BMWFS lessee

With 0 down right around $716 depending on dealer money factor (I used .0014) plus acquisition fee.
    standard 36 months/12K year
    MSRP 73000 (nav option)
    please also include your residual and money factor
    thanks

Base money factor is .00305 meaning a dealer will probably charge .00345. Residual is 58% for 36m/12k. Assuming a 2K discount from the dealer, monthly payment is around $1169.

BMW is obviously in no hurry to lease these. The money factor is very high.
    what was the residual value that you used? Am a returning BMWFS lessee, so wouldn't a money factor of .0010 be more likely?
  • bdr127bdr127 Member Posts: 950
    BMW is obviously in no hurry to lease these. The money factor is very high.

Yeah, they don't have problems selling cars like the 6-Series, M3/M5, and X5 4.8is.... no reason for them to offer any kind of lease support.
    what was the residual value that you used? Am a returning BMWFS lessee, so wouldn't a money factor of .0010 be more likely?

The buy rate for the dealer is .001. The extra .0004 is dealer profit. Most BMW dealers charge the extra .0004, not many buyers are savy enough to even know about it.

BMW has no real control over the dealer hiking the rate. Locally I have leased a number of BMWs and both dealers still hit me with the extra .0004. The only good thing is you can try to negotiate the car price down a little more since the dealer is making extra $$ on the lease.
    What residual were you using to calculate? If I did the math right it seems like a residual right around 56-57%
  • 85dawgboy85dawgboy Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking at a CPO lease the car is 3.0 with sport package, premium package and some other features (7500 miles on it). MSRP is 52,280.

The dealer is offering me a 36/mo 10k/yr lease for purchase price of 51,000. They are willing to waive all upfront $ including security, aquisition fee, document fees, and first month payment ect. They want to use a money factor of .00155 with a payment of 663/mo. What do you think?

I think the purchase price is high for a CPO, but by waiving all upfront and first month costs it might not be a bad deal.
    That purchase price seems awfully high for a preowned car...I can't comment much on the lease details because I am not sure...but I am negotiating an a NEW '06 X5 4.4 and have gotten them down so far to 56,000 on an MSRP of 59,895.

I would negotiate more off...way more off.
  • doltdocdoltdoc Member Posts: 1
    MSRP $49270

Purchase Price $47570 ($1700 off)

$3143 down payment ($2550 + $643 first mnth. payment; security dep. waived)

Residual 60%

Money Factor .00155

Term: 36 months, 10000 miles

$593.59 per month plus tax. CA= 7.25% (43.04 per month)

Payment= 636.63

Probably should have worked harder on money factor and less on price.

Let me know what you think about the deal.

Also, the money is soo cheap, .00155 (3.72%) i am considering adding $2150 dollars (of the down payment-$2500 dollars) to the lease; payment will be 700 per month with $1150 down (700 first payment; 450 down payment. I put the 450 down cuz I like even numbers.

Total 699.31 per mth.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Woe, the third car that we have discussed huh? You;re making me feel old ;) . The money factor that you posted for this truck is correct. BMW FS' 36 month, 12,000 mile per year residual value for an '06 X5 3.0 is currently 59%. I am not all that familiar with how much consumers are paying for the X5 right now, but if I was in the market for one I probably would shoot for around $1,000 over invoice. You may be able to get more specific info on how much you should pay for one by visiting the following discussion: "BMW X5: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • frank310frank310 Member Posts: 47
    Thanks Car_man.
    Hello Car_man,

Can you please tell me if the base money factor has changed for the month of May? I understand that it was 0.0010 in April.

Thanks...AlexanderV2
  • gr8nrggr8nrg Member Posts: 19
    I was wondering the same...Does anyone knows the money factor for X5 for the month of May and what it will be for June? The dealer who I went to this weekend, quoted me a MF of .0017, which seems awfuly high. I asked him about it and he said that's what he's getting from BMWFS. I think he was pulling my leg. Anyone knows how much it realy is for May and June? :confuse:
    to the best of my knowledge I know they extended .0010 for 2006 X5 4.4 but for 3.0 it went up since April
    No problem, frank310.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey alexanderv2. BMW FS' buy rate lease money factor for the '06 X5 3.0 is currently .00115 for up to 42 months for consumers who pay a security deposit at lease signing.

Car_man
    Host
    Gr8nrg, as it stands right now the money factor that I mentioned in my previous post is scheduled to run through June 30th, but I have seen it make unscheduled revisions to its lease program in the past. It is possible BMW will make some revisions to its program in early June. The dealer that quoted you .00170 was really trying to mark your truck's factor up.

Car_man
    Host
  • joegolfer1joegolfer1 Member Posts: 17
    Car man

X-5 3.0
    3 year 15k per year lease.
    Can you give me money factor and residual.

Thank you
    Wow, there hasn't been much activity in the X5 discussion lately. Hi joegolfer1. Here's the information that you're looking for. If you were to lease a 2006 BMW X5 3.0 through BMW Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00115 and 57%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings Car-man,

In the course of shopping for X5 3.0, several of the dealers are trying to hit me with a BMW advertising fee. They are claiming that it is a part of the MSRP, and that I will not find it anywhere on KBB or Edmunds.

The amount is $390.00, and they say it is not negotiable.

Is this true? Is there any way to wave, or otherwise get out of paying this fee.

...AlexanderV2
  • bu96bu96 Member Posts: 19
    I would appreciate any advice on this situation.

My current BMW530 has come to an end and to get an extension, I need to sign for a purchase order on the X5 2007 now. The dealership has agreed to split the difference on their profit.
    (Approx. $2000-2500)

Are there any places I should watch for hidden fees that would negate the discount?

Thanks so much!
    Anne
  • bu96bu96 Member Posts: 19
    update: dealer wants to add ad fees, prep charges to msrp
    Greetings alexanderv2. Many manufacturers charge advertising fees on new vehicles. It is a legitimate charge. Having said this, my advice to you is rather than letting the dealer that you are working with cloud things by adding all sorts of little fees to your deal, focus on the big picture. You want to get the vehicle that you are interested in for the lowest total price. It is easier for consumers to comparison shop when focusing on the out-the-door price of the vehicle that they are interested in. Get a couple of price quotes for the total price that you will have to pay for your X5 and go with the dealer that gives you the lowest total price (along with the use of BMW Financial Services' buy rate money factor to calculate its monthly payment), provided you feel comfortable with them.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Hi Anne. I suggest that you contact the bank that you are leasing your current BMW through, most likely BMW Financial Services, directly. I don't know for sure if this is the case with BMW FS, but many banks allow consumers to extend their leases for a certain number of months without a commitment to buy a new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • jefhackjefhack Member Posts: 20
    Hi Car_man-
    Long time no speak, hope you're well! In advance of my planned visit on Friday to a dealer friend in Brooklyn, can you share the following specs for 2006 X5 4.4:

*Current MF
    *Residual for 36 mo lease, 12K miles/yr
    *Anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks again!
    Car_man or anyone else-
    Can you help answer these questions from my last post? Much appreciated!

Need following specs for 2006 X5 4.4 lease:

*Current MF
    *Residual for 36 mo lease, 12K miles/yr
    *Anything else I should be aware of?
    Here you go:

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 68% of MSRP – .00125 Base Money Factor Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 57% of MSRP – .00150 Base Money Factor Rate
    48 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 36% of MSRP – .00315 Base Money Factor Rate
    60 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 29% of MSRP – .00315 Base Money Factor Rate

Add 2% to residual for 12K/yr and 3% for 10k/yr.

Dealers typically markup the money factor so .00150 will usually be .00190 at the dealer.

As you know, the 2007 X5 will be out late this year or early next year. You should get pretty good pricing on the 2006 X5 -- they are still making them.
    Thank you hipreck! This is exactly what I was looking for. Did you recently lease an X5? If yes, how was your experience? Do you live in northeast as well? (i'm in long island ny).
    I've leased a number of BMWs and have had a few X5s (currently own one). BMW FS is a good leaser. Check out their owners circle on bmwusa.com, you can link you lease into that account.
    Thanks again to everyone for your input and feedback. It was really helpful! So I went to the BMW dealer (LifeQuality BMW, Brooklyn) expecting that I would be underwhelmed by the 06 X5 after recently test-driving the 06 ML-350. I knew the ML had some updated features/options that the current X5 didn't offer (i.e. no iPod connector with Nav). Well, I was sorely wrong. The X5 is a great truck! Wow, driving the 4.4 was really something and had me hooked immediately. And the interior was just really sharp. Yes, the ML had more updated gadgets/electronics but it wasn't enough to keep me away from the X5. It is being built and will be ready mid-August. We await the delivery day anxiously!
  • miltimilti Member Posts: 14
    I was wondering what sort of deal you were able to come out with. If you leased what were the numbers you were able to achieve or if you financed waht sort of APR? And is there an extra charge to have a X5 built for you?

Thanks
    Everything is going very well, thanks jefhack. If you're in the market for a 2006 BMW X6 you are in luck. BMW recently enhanced this truck's lease program. If you were to lease a 2006 X5 4.4 through BMW Financial Services right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00150 and 57%, respectively. At first glance, one might say "How is this enhanced, this money factor is worse than it was in June." Well the answer is that BMW introduced new dealer cash on the '06 X5. On the 4.4i model, it has $2,500 dealer cash that can be used in conjunction with BMW FS' special lease program. Make sure to take this dealer cash into account when negotiating your truck's capitalized cost. It will make a big difference. BMW's advertised lease payment for the X5 3.0i dropped from $505 per month for 36 months in June all the way to $439 per month for 24 months in July!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Congratulations on your order, jefhack. Make sure that you take advantage of the new incentives that are available on the X5. You should be able to do so since you have not physically taken delivery of your truck yet.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Hello milti. Manufacturers do not charge any extra to order vehicles. Having said this, most dealers are willing to sell vehicles that they already have in inventory at a larger discount than vehicles that they have to order. There are two main reasons for this. The first is that dealers have to pay floorplan interest on vehicles that they have in stock. The sooner they sell vehicles that they already have, the sooner they can stop paying interest on them. The second reason is as the old saying goes, a bird in hand is worth two in the bush. Dealers would rather finalize deals ASAP than risk having them fall apart as the consumer they are working with waits for their ordered vehicle to arrive.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • rstnpcrstnpc Member Posts: 9
    Hey Carman:

How goes it? Can you share the MF for the X5 if leased for:

10K Miles 24 mo
    12K Miles 36 mo
    or what is the terms for the best MF?

Thanks

RSTNPC
  • dkla76dkla76 Member Posts: 41
    Hey where did u find the deal for: "BMW's advertised lease payment for the X5 3.0i dropped from $505 per month for 36 months in June all the way to $439 per month for 24 months in July!"???

when is the deadline for it?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,061

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• lansalansa Member Posts: 7
    Can anybody give me specifics on this ad, ie car options and terms? I was offered today a 36 mo lease deal on a 2006 3.0 with only auto and cd changer....msrp was $45,400, negotiated down to $43,400, with $6500 upfront (includes sales tax), payment came to $590!!! Not a good deal at all, and now I see this ad for a 24 mo lease at $434/month. Why the huge difference??
  • highridehighride Member Posts: 2
    I was curious to know what the going lease is on a BASE X5 with nothing down

Thanks,
    Adam
This discussion has been closed.