Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Lease Questions

Comments

• jallansonjallanson Member Posts: 1
    Hi:
    After offering to sell me the car for dealer cost (08 X5 4.8 with tech, sport, 20" whls, rear climate pkg, cold weather pkg, premium pkg, prem sound, i pod interface, $64k, money factor .27) I see a "bank aquisition fee" of $825 added on to the lease as an addition to cap cost. Is this common for Calif. dealers or are they trying to sweeten their end of the deal?

Thank you!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,217
    All BMWFS leases have an acquisition fee..

The base fee is $625, and BMWFS allows dealers to mark it up by $200 for extra profit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• rezfrezf Member Posts: 29
    They have raised your Acq fee by $200. also your money factor should be .0025 not .0027 (so they are raising this value too). With the options you have listed, the invoice price is 62800. what is the MSRP of the car you are considering? Also, need to know the terms of the lease:
    1) how much TOTAL up front
    2) months and annual mileage of the lease
  • lviv35lviv35 Member Posts: 5
    Hi,
    How can I score great new lease ending lease with low mileage?
    My lease ends in May on 2005 X5 3.0. My mileage is aprox 20K. 10K less than allowed 30K. I bet that’s a steal for a dealer.

I want to lease 2008 X5 3.0. How can I benefit from it? What price range should I get on 3 yr 10K/yr lease with 0 down in NY/NJ?

Also, for how long can I extend my current lease?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Alex
  • nj_bmw_byernj_bmw_byer Member Posts: 17
    My lease for my current X5 expires in April 28 2008. This was a no money down 36 mo/12 mile per year lease on a $51,900 car. I called my dealer ship and asked what price would it be for the exact same car with the same options. I am currently paying 635.00 including taxes.

This is what was quoted from a dealership in New Jersey.

2008 3.0 X5 $51,600.00 includes, premium pkg, cold weather pkg, rear climate pkg, heated rear seat, navigation and freight.

inception cost are 2000.00 which includes: 799.00 1st payment, 375.46 cap cost reduction,825.64 motor vehicle term, doc fee, lux tax.

The price he quoted was 799.00 including taxes. Why Do i have to pay over 150.00 more for the exact same car. Is this fair our he is trying to pull one over on me. It is the same car salesman that I purchased the first X5 from.

I thought because it was the same sales person and dealership and car I wouldn't have to go through the haggling this time. Any Info or advice you can give will be greatly appreciated.
    Hey Alex I am in the same boat as you in the same area. I only put 20K miles on my lease X5 as well. I have learned that you cannot extend you lease from BMW for more than 20 days without purchasing a new BMW vehicle.

My question is below yours and I would want to know about the milage issue as well.

Hope this helps
    I lease a BMW X5 in 2005. My lease ends in May 2008. It was for a 36/12, no money down lease, at 630.00 per month including taxes. The prices I am getting for the same lease for the exact same car at the same dealership and salesperson is now 799.00

The sales price of the 2005 X5 vehicle was 50035.10. Using the Edmunds lease calculators, I cannot get my lease payments of 630.00. Please reassure that this works. So I can negociate with confidence. If I can't get the exact same lease price using the exact same numbers that was documented on the 2005 lease agreement and quoted to me by the salesperson in 2008 what use is it?

So my question is: How was my 2005 lease price calculated and why is the lease price for the same car now 799.00 instead of 630.00? And if he is taking advantage how is he doing it?

If it helps both cars have Xenon lights, premium pkg, 6cd changer,rear climate pkg, cold weather pkg, Navigation, heated rear seats.

Also if anyone else is leasing a BMW in the NYC NJ area contact me and we could unite our efforts Ajastorm2002@aol.com
    leases do NOT work the way yo think they do. You are not merely spending money on the same piece of automobile.

The 2005 X5 was 5 years into its development and sales had started to slow down. what manufacturers do in these situation is to increase the residual rate in the lease (one of the major determinants of your lease payments) This way the payments drop and they hope to be able to maintain consistent sales numbers.
    We are not at that point yet with the new X5. The car is selling like hotcake and BMW has no incentive to take a financial hit by increasing residuals, The payments of 799 vs. 630 reflect the differences in the residuals between the two cars.
    If you want to know whether you have the best deal proposed to you, you need to look for these:
    1) The selling price of the vehicle
    2) the money factor used to govern your lease
    3) make sure you do not put any extra money down towards the lease

Then, if you calculate your lease, you will know whether in fact you have a good deal or not
  • topgun26topgun26 Member Posts: 16
    let me know what anyone thinks of this offer:
    2008 X5 3.0, msrp 61,075
    - $0 down, taxes in payments, $809.50 per month for 12k/36months
    - security of 749, bank fee of 625 and dmv for NY
    ---any thoughts if this is a good deal? thanx!
  • fishjillfishjill Member Posts: 4
    So the 2008 X5 we want has a msrp of $49, 575 with a $2,164 adjustment/discount to make it $47,411. We have a trade in that will net us $3500 to apply to the $47,411. We are then being charged $1,660 in tag/title/tax, first month's lease payment and a $809 security deposit (totaling $3,097). With no money down, other than the $3,097 and the $3,500 trade in, our monthly payment is $628. We want to lease the X5 for 36 months and 15k a year. We have previously owned a BMW so we are wondering why the large security deposit. Can anyone help two novices that don't want to get taken to the cleaners? What are we missing and does the monthly payment seem fair?
    rezf,

I am starting not to trust this entire process, including information obtained here. This is not my first lease, not even my first X5 lease. This will be my 3rd. When the X5 was first introduced it was a hot selling car as well. Everywhere I went salespeople where say 800.00+ for an X5 3.0 series with 12/36 lease package. After rigorous negotiation I got the same car for 650.00 including taxes. That was in 2002 I believe. In 2005 it was the same scenario -- I got the car for 630.00 including taxes. Now it is 2008 I have been quoted prices as high as 900.00. I recently was quoted a price of 702.30 down from the 799.00 including taxes. Each car was approximately $52K

As I am sure you know. when you lease a car you get the money factor, the final sales price and the residuals. You can easily compare that vehicle with the one i wish to lease now. It is all pretty much the same. The money factor, the residual, in fact the 2008 X5 cost a little less.

I cannot find a reason for this car to cost over $150.00 more. I know sales people will attempt to get as much as they can. But the consumer should be able to what is an acceptable lease agreement. You say it is all about the numbers, but in this case and I suspect many others the number don't add up. Just like I can't even create either one of my lease agreement on the basic lease calculator. Even using all the numbers on my old leases(which I still have).

It should be easy to say at X5 3.0 50K 12/36 lease should be X
    52K 12/36 lease should be X
    55 etc.
    X5 4.4

These are the standard lease agreements. at least consumers would have a ball park in which to negotiate.

Anyway, I hired a consultant. I don't have the time to do the negotiations again and I shouldn't have to do this with a salesperson and dealer that I already had an acceptable deal with. It will cost me $500.00 but in the long run I will save over the course of the lease.

This whole thing makes me wanna buy a saturn.

ajastorm2002@aol.com
    It isn't as simple as you make it out to be. You SHOULD be able to reproduce the numbers you are being quoted using a lease calculator. Something is wrong or missing if you cannot. I have never negotiated an agreement that I was not able to reproduce from what the dealership is quoting.
    Please don't take this the wrong way, but I suspect you do not have an in depth understanding of how a lease works.....most people don't and that is how/why dealershiips screw people over.
    If you want the numbers verified, just provide them on this site and I would be happy to run it for you. To do so, I need the following:
    1) MSRP of the car
    2) negotiated selling price of the car
    3) the upfront fees-ITEMIZED, including, but not limited to, acquisition fee, doc fee, MACO, title fees, any taxes, security payment (if required) etc.
    4) the money factor used
    5) the residual percentage used (comes from the term of the lease. Meaning 36 month lease at 12k miles yeear has a different residual than 10k miles)
    6) the tax rate for your state and WHETHER THE TAX IS CALCULATED ON THE PORTION OF THE CAR YOU LEASE OR ON THE ENTIRE SELLING PRICE.

Food for thought, the consultant makes $500 if he closes the deal for you; therefore, does he have your best interests in mind?? ONLY you can look out for yourself
    Actually, based upon what you have referenced to me it should be just that simple. As you explained it should all me a matter of calculable numbers. I never said I had an in depth knowledge of car leasing, if I had I wouldn't be asking for help on this web site. But i do have a knowledge of numbers and common sense. Don't take this the wrong way, however it should be very easy for anyone as knowledgeable as you say you are to give ball park estimates on given car leases because it is all a matter of numbers. It should be easy to tell consumers what a fair lease price should be - not exactly - but ball park. Anyway here are my numbers, tell how they go from 799.00 to 702.00

Sticker Pr. GCC 51,370.00
    sale pr.ACC 50,035.10
    agreed val vehicle 48957.75
    inceptions 630.00 1st mo.
    250.00 title, reg
    625.00 Aquistion fee
    105.50 NJ tire&REC/Doc Fee
    total incept 1611.00
    mo. factor .0029
    residual val 31002.00

Sticker Pr.GCC 51,660.00
    sale pr.ACC 50,011.03
    agrd val veh. 49,002.75
    inceptions 799.00 1st mo
    375.36 Cap cost reduction.
    825.64 motor vehical, lease term, doc fee, lux taxtitle, reg
    total incept 2000.00
    mo. factor .0029
    residual val 31047 20

NJ tax rate and I believe the tax in on the selling price of the car.

This is what has been given to me.

In my past two leases I negotiated them myself. I just don't have the time to go through the process that i went through the first two times. I din't crunch numbers as much as I talked to salespeople at dealerships - with knowledge of what other people paid. Not saying it is the right way- but a way and a way that has worked. The consultant only gets paid if he get a lease price at or under what we agreed would be a fair price. As he looks out for himself, he has no choice but to look out fo me.

All i am saying is if people had a ball park on what a fair lease price would be a lot of the number crunching might not be necessary. If you buy totally into the numbers process, then you have to talk only number where the average consumer is at a drastic disadvantage. All I am asking here is to give me what would be a fair lease price for a 51K ish X 5 BMW shouldn't be this hard.

I hope I am not comming across as insulting just frustrated , not at you nor the site - just the process.

ajastorm2002@aol.com
    Thank you for any quick response you might give to these numbers. There was a typo concerning the moneyfactor in the 2005/2008 BMW X5's. It is 0021 on 0029. the 0029 was the money factor on the Cayenne that I am also negotiation.

Sticker Pr. GCC 51,370.00
    sale pr.ACC 50,035.10
    agrd val vehicle 48957.75
    inceptions 630.00 1st mo.
    250.00 title, reg
    625.00 Aquistion fee
    105.50 NJ tire&REC/Doc Fee
    total incept: 1611.00
    mo. factor .0021
    residual val 31002.00

Sticker Pr.GCC 51,660.00
    sale pr.ACC 50,011.03
    agrd val veh. 49,002.75
    inceptions 799.00 1st mo
    375.36 Cap cost reduction.
    825.64 motor vehical, lease term, doc fee, lux taxtitle, reg
    total incept 2000.00
    mo. factor .0021

residual val 31047. 20

NJ tax rate and I believe the tax in on the selling price of the car.
    This is what has been given to me.

ajastorm2002aol.com
  • fishjillfishjill Member Posts: 4
    Sorry to re-post but we're trying to get something done this weekend. The 2008 X5 we want has a msrp of $49, 575. The dealer has come off $2,164 to make the price $47,411. We have a trade in that will net us $3500 to apply to the $47,411. In addition to the trade-in cash, the remaining up-front monies are $3097 (which consist of TTL $1,660, first month's lease payment of $628, and an apparent $809 security deposit). Our monthly payment will be $628 for 36 months/15k a year. We have previously owned a BMW so we are wondering why the large security deposit. Is the monthly payment in line? Do you think the deal price is on target or is there still some room to negotiate? Is invoice on this $45645? Thanks so much!
    fishjill,
    based on the numbers you have quoted, the lease payment should be $602. I believe they are fully marking up the money factor from 0.0025 to 0.0029. Have them recalculate the money factor using the buy rate and lease should come out to $602 per month. security fee should also be waived if you have previously leased or financed through BMW Financial Services. If your previous BMW was bought outright or financed/leased through a third party bank, then security fee applies
    Good luck
    nj_bmw_buyer

Have a look at this link

http://forums.roadfly.com/forums/financing/6451130-1.html

This is an archived list of BMWFS lease rates for April 2005. As you can see, the money factor for the X5 back then was 0.00125. In today's market, the buy rate money factor for the X5 is 0.0025. This reflects what I had previously said in a thread that manufacturers subside the interest and residuals to sweeten a lease deal to keep moving cars. The difference in money factor between 0.00125 and 0.0025 is why the same car today costs XX more.
    In 2005, your dealership raised the money factor from 0.00125 to whatever number to make your $630 a month (it was not 0.0021 as you had thought). That is why you were/are not able to calculate the numbers properly. Keeping things as simple as possible is the best way to weed your way through all the fees and get an honest number.
    Good luck with everything
    Thank you. I re calculated the numbers my self on my financial calculator and they came out correctly - just as you said. A change in the money factor can make all the difference. if you (ACC - Residual val)/36 the payments for a 50ish vehicle averages about 550.00. Once you add the money factor that price can easily boost to over 700+.

I did this with several vehicles: BMW, Porsche Cayenne, Range Rover. The money factor adds about 200.00+ dollars per month to the lease price of the vehicle. I have since gotten the price of the $53,155.00 BMW X5 down to 722.65 including taxes, down from the 799.00 excluding taxes.

Just shows they were trying to beat me from the beginning. I even had one salesperson hang up on me insisting that if I am trying to purchase a BMW I shouldn't quibble over $20.00 - 30.00.

rezf, thank you for your help and I hope I wasn't too obnoxious. When you are right I have no problem with admitting it. And you were ABSOLUTELY right.

I still believe that consumers would benefit from knowing what the ballpark fair price for a decently equipped vehicle, so they might know where to start. So with that in mine I will share my experience thus far.

The dealer i leased my present 2005 BMW X5 offered me a lease of 799.00 excluding taxes for the following car. X5 3.0, 36/12, Sales Price $51,660.00 with options: Tech pkg, coldweather pkg, rear climate pkg, xenon lights, premium pkgs,heated rear seats, ipod adapter..

I have since been offered for 722.00 including taxes for the same car at another dealership. So if anyone pays more than that, for a similarly equipped car, they might wanna ask another dealer. I will still try to get this car cheaper. If I do I will let you know, so that others will know the ball park of a NJ X5 with similar options.

Also for those that want, between this current deal and the 799.00. I got offers of 772. 00 including taxes, 750.00 including taxes, before the 722.00. I would be happy to tell you the dealerships of my rejected offers when i finish - I may have to go back to them.

rezf thank again -- oh yeah is the $722.00 including taxes a good deal?
    nj_bmw

What I was/am saying is the best way to figure out the best deal is look at the MSRP of the car. Find the invoice price on Edmunds.com, then add $1000-$1500 to the price of the invoice. This should be your Cap Cost. Do not put any money down...only pay the upfront fees...And insist that they use a Money Factor of 0.0025 to calculate the lease. Whatever that monthly payment comes out would be the best deal
    At $1000 above invoice, the lease payments on the 2008 X5 you are considering would be $693 per month before taxes. I say $1000 per month, because that is a deal that can be had any day of the month at the dealership I purchased my X5 from. The market is just too soft for some dealers to justify not discounting that much
    Thank you again. I am finding that is an easy and practical why to assess the price of a lease. Now the problem is getting a salesperson to agree with you. Also could you give me the residual percentage on the 2008 X5 3.01.

I might go with the 722.00 per month including taxes. That is closer to what you said a fair price would be. Also I was going to roll the taxes into the monthly lease payment, but the money factor would be on that amount so I am paying them up front.

Thanks again
    I will let you know how i made out
  • mannydommannydom Member Posts: 41
    rezf...Thank you from me too. I've been following this thread closely for fear that I 'd be taken to the cleaners, too. Msg# 682 assured me that my thinking process in leasing is going the right way...i.e. negotiate first as close as you can from invoice price and once price has been agreed on only then talk about leasing issues.

Again regarding Msg# 682, what is included in upfront fees? Also you mentioned in Msg# 652 that the March money factor is/was 0.0021. What happened? Why is it now 0.0025? Will this be different for April? What about residual% for April?

Sorry for the questions, everyone. Thanks in advance. Good luck to all of us as we try to get the best deals.
    manydom
    That was my type mistake re money factor. For march it is 0.0021 not 0.0025. The rate for Feb was 0.0025 .
    Residuals do not typically change from BMWFS (they are already inflated to make leases more attractive). The factors that likely change from month to month are the money factor and any incentives/cashbacks towards a new vehicle. Note, this is model specific and only given if they want to move a particular line more rapidly to deplete excess inventory. The other thing that changes from month to month is what's called "owner loyalty program." For this, they allow existing BMWFS customers (ones that have financed/leased) or ones whose contracts had ended in the past 6 months a special incentive towards a new lease (which is some cash back and a lower money factor)
    As for April, I do not think the money factor fluctuates with the Fed rate as seemlesly as some think they do. If BMW wants to lease more cars, they will lower the rate, plain and simple. Spring is a VERY active and busy season for dealerships so I don't think so. However, if you want a bargain, you can count on August, as BMW wants to clear left-over 2008s before introducing the model year 2009 in September-October
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi nj_bmw_byer. Manufacturers' lease programs vary significant from year to year, and even from month to month. BMW's current lease program for the X5 may not be as attractive as the one that was available when you leased yours several years ago. Or perhaps you are not being given as large a discount on your truck this time. The best way to make sure that you are getting the best possible deal on the new vehicle that you want to lease is to negotiate as low a selling price as possible on it. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. The lower your X5's selling price is, the lower your monthly payment will be. As your salesperson how much they are charging you for your truck and make sure that you are being given enough of a discount.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hey topgun26. You never mentioned the selling price of the X5 that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the truck that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of the vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment.

Let's work up a sample lease payment on this truck and see what we come up with. For now I will assume a $3,000 discount. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2008 BMW X5 3.0 that has an MSRP of $61,075 and a selling price of $58,075 through BMW Financial Services right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $795. That's pretty close to the payment that you were quoted. This tells me that this is a pretty good deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings fishjill. I see that you are considering trading in your current vehicle when you lease your new one. There's nothing wrong with doing this, but you would be better off having the dealer cut you a check for any equity that you have in your trade rather than using the proceeds from it as a down payment for your lease. I always advise consumers not to make down payments on leased vehicles. Those who make them risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Even if you have leased a BMW in the past, if you are not a current BMW Financial Services' lessee you are not eligible for any owner loyalty specials and you would have to pay a security deposit on your new lease.

The best way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to negotiate as low a selling price as possible on the exact model that you want and then have the dealer calculate your monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor. The selling price that you were quoted on the X5 that you are considering leasing isn't bad. It is tough to say exactly, but you are probably at around $1,500 over dealer invoice or so. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, you may want to consider comparison shopping with a couple of other dealers just to make sure that you are getting the best possible deal. Once you have found a selling price that you are happy with, have the dealer calculate your truck's monthly payment using BMW Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor of .00210.

Car_man
    Host
  • beopersonbeoperson Member Posts: 74
    Anyone can confirm that April numbers have not changed?
  • topgun26topgun26 Member Posts: 16
    Curious what anyone thinks of these numbers:
    2008 X5 3.0- msrp 62,070, invoice 57,015, offer of 58,500
    2008 X5 4.8- msrp 69,670, invioce 63,195, offer 66,700
    -this is to purchase the car, what do you guys think? thanx!
    Hi beoperson. BMW's March lease program was scheduled to run through April 30th, so its numbers for the X5 should be the same. However, I plan on making a few calls today to confirm that this actually the case.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey topgun26. Obviously the 3.0 price is better than the 4.8 price. I guess that there is a much bigger supply of the 3.0. That's the only explanation for the large difference in the amount over invoice that you are being asked to pay. I am not intimately familiar with what the market is like for the X5 right now, but there's enough room here that if you are in an area that has a decent level of competition it wouldn't hurt to try comparison shopping a little bit. Make sure to stop by the "BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion for additional feedback.

Car_man
    Host
    April lease numbers are the same as March
  • mets86mets86 Member Posts: 12
    I'm new to the discussion board and had a few questions regarding a new lease quote for a 2008 X5 3.0 that I received from dealer (I'll be turning in my 2005 X5 in May).

MSRP (including all options) = $58,125
    Residual value 61%
    Lease end vlaue = $35,456.25
    Term = 36 mos
    Money Factor = .0021
    Sales Tax = $2,586.68
    Initial Cap Cost = $56,250
    Adjusted Cap Cost $58,784.34
    Amount due at sigining = $1,590.75
    10k mi/year
    Monthly payment = $845.91

Is this a good lease deal? I'm in the NYC Metro area. How do I determine what the actual sale price of the car is? Also, how much over invoice should I be negotiatiing for?? Any help would greatly appreciated !!
  • hachee2001hachee2001 Member Posts: 16
    I'm in NYC metro area too, and I've got the same question about how much over invoice I should expect. They should tell you the selling price, which I believe should be the cap cost you said was $56,250, but what's the "adjusted cap cost"?

I just priced an X5 - the first price I got was $2,000 off list, which is about $2,300 over invoice. I hope I can do better than this.

BTW, I got the same 61% residual, .0021 MF, 36 mo, 10K/year.
    Adjusted cap cost is $58,784.34
  • beopersonbeoperson Member Posts: 74
    I had an offer in DIFEO BMW
    MSRP 55.925
    Sale Price 51, 725
    But this was on March 31
    I'm considering this against a Q7, and just got a quote. The MF on the Audi is super low - .00006, but the residual sucks - 53%. And my first quote was about $1900 off sticker of $54000, which I didn't think was so great. Price, with tax, comes in at $723/month, with about $1500 out of pocket including the first month.

The X5 as described above, comes in at around $750/month.

I'd like to know what I can realistically pay over invoice or below sticker (for either car).
    mets86

Your numbers add up fine, but I don't think it is much of a deal. If you were to get the negotiating price to $1000 above invoice which would be $54475 (which is a no brainer in this market) then you can expect the same lease payment to drop to $792 a month
    residual value has a more profound effect on your lease payment than the money factor. Audi was in the business of hyper-inflating their residuals a few years back in order to make leases more attractive and ultimately improve sales. Those leases have started to mature in the past two years and Audi Financial is hurting as a result. They have stopped that practice now (some say the current residuals set by Audi are set below the market price so when these newer leases mature and customers turn them in, Audi Financial can recover some of the earlier losses) That is why dollar for dollar Audis are not leasing as well as they did 4-5 years ago. The only thing they can do now is provide a very low money factor, which helps...just not that much
    Thanks, Rezf, I understand all that - I'm currently on my third Audi leases, and they've all been great deals, and I knew it couldn't continue. But my question is, what's a realistic amount over invoice that I can expect to be the cap cost? I thought I'd do better in this market, but I actually really prefer to get the car from my local dealer (not that they've been all that great to deal with and the service is less than perfect, but they're more convenient, and I'd like the option of a loaner car when servicing).
    Thank you for the response rezf. It looks like I have some room to negotiate a better price. I'll give it a try. Thanks.
    I have heard $0 to $500 over invoice in some markets. the key is to approach them towards the end of the month. also, with the introduction of the Q7 Diesel later this year, they should be able to roll out the existing Q7s pretty easily
  • gfroiogfroio Member Posts: 6
    I am finilazing on a 3 year 15,000 mi lease for an 2008 X-5 4.8i. I won't list out the options but the MSRP is 66,625 and the invoice is 61,245. I negotiated the selling price to 62,500, roughly 1,250 over invoice. While I asked for a .0021 money factor to be used, the sales rep has told me they have to use .0022 or the business manager makes absolutley nothing. The residual is 37,540. No money down they are giving me a lease price of 985.

I was thinking of going back to them and telling them if we are using the .022 money factor then I am willing to offer 62,250, basicially 1K over invoice.

Any opinions on this deal ?
  • cabluecablue Member Posts: 48
    Maybe I just missed it, but I don't see what the residual % is for a 3.0 12/36 mo. lease would be. Am I correct that the MF is .00021? Possibly making a deal this week. Are there incentives that I'm unaware of? Should I just hope to get the price at $500 to $1,000 over invoice? I'm a current BMWFS leasee, so is there loyalty benefits? Thanks for the input. Trying to figure this all out :confuse:
    I'm turning in my 2005 X5 at the end of May and since I have enough time, the salesman wants to build my new 2008 X5 to my specs. From a quality standpoint, is there any downside to having a new one built versus buying one "off the lot"?? Any information would be helpful. Thanks.
  • cabluecablue Member Posts: 48
    I feel that's the best way to get your BMW, ordering it just how you want it. Otherwise you're paying for things that don't really matter to you, buying off the lot. There's no difference as far as quality. Just make sure you're getting the price you want to pay. Don't let them tell you that, because you're ordering, you need to pay more. We ordered our first BMW. Many BMW's are bought this way. :)
  • 99_528i99_528i Member Posts: 27
    I am just starting to look for either an X5 3.0i or 4.8i. 12k miles a year, 3 year lease. I'm currently in a lease with BMWFS, and I assume I'd have some sort of loyalty discount. Any numbers on the lease rates and residual? Thanks so much for the help.
  • tg75tg75 Member Posts: 2
    Just received my X5 3.0 and was current BMWFS customer. Here is the deal I got. From what I can tell, only difference was the security deposit (wasn't required).

Options: Premium Pkg, Rear Climate Pkg, Technology Pkg, Heated Front seats, Running boards, floor mats and 3rd row seat.

Monthly payment: $781.91 with $1,284.76 down payment.
    60% residual and money factor .00225 (I would be curious if anyone thinks I should have gotten a better rate here)
    3 yr - 12k miles a year

Ordered directly from factory and delivered to our home address. Had a great experience with the whole process using a dealership in Raleigh, NC.
  • mannydommannydom Member Posts: 41
    tg75,

Did you inquire about a BMWFS loyalty discount? How was your experience during the inspection of the car you returned. How many inspections did you have to go through?

On your SAV, what was MSRP and your agreed price? Then you'll know how close you were from invoice price. I thought money factor was .00210 for April.
    What is your tax rate in Raleigh, NC and did you pay taxes up front?

I'm in the process of dealing for my 3rd BMW from same dealer and salesman (2008 X5 3.0si) and second time around with BMWFS. My specs...

Sport Package
    Rear Climate Package
    Gray Nevada Leather
    BMW Assist

MSRP $53,375
    Invoice Price via Edmund's $49,105

Told salesman my price...$800 over invoice. Does anyone think he'll make a deal? I welcome any comments.
  • tg75tg75 Member Posts: 2
    Yes, I inquired about discounts and they mentioned the lower MF. I tried for the lower .0021 MF but was told they couldn't go lower. From other dealerships in NC, I was gettting quotes using .00255, so I didn't push it.

Tax rate is 3% in NC and is incorporated in the monthly payment. I paid roughly $1,000 over invoice. The down payment break out was:
    1st months payment($781) + Fees (472) + Tax ($14) = $1,267.

manneydom, I think you have good shot with $800 over invoice. I didn't return my other car, so can't help you with the inspection process.
  • x5mex5me Member Posts: 3
    i have a 2001 bmw x5 4.4 recently i had the alternator changed & now there is another problem the coolant leaks after 15 to 1/2 hr after its parked the fluid is leaking between the engine & the transmission & cannot no find excatly where the leak is coming from can anyone help me?
This discussion has been closed.