Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    I have had an opportunity to take a look at BMW's April lease program for the X5, bstncarbyr. BMW Financial Services' new buy rate lease money factor for the 3.0 is .00180.

Let me know if you need any other info.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • miltimilti Member Posts: 14
    CarMan and/or Kyfdx,

1. My lease on my X5 is coming to an end. I'm interested in leasing another X5 (the 4.8) this month. Since I'm a returning BMW customer, what is April's money factor, residual value % for a 36 month, 15,000 mile lease. Are there any other values I should know or special lease options available. Edmunds "incentive list" for the X5 4.8 does not have any reported.

Thank you
  • dmchicagodmchicago Member Posts: 1
    I don't think this is a good deal but would like input on what "could" be a good deal:

2009 X5 xDrive30i
    Cold Weather
    Premium Pkg
    Tech Pkg
    Running Boards
    iPod and USB adapter
    Satellite radio w/1 yr subscription
    All Weather floor mats

Here's the offer:

Vehicle Price: $58,960.00
    Appearance Protection Program: $329.00
    Preferred Customer Discount: -$2,948.00

Selling Price: $56,341.00

Sales Tax (estimate): +$5,228.37
    Tag/Registration Fees (estimate):$143.00
    Documentation Fee: + $151.65
    Electronic Filing: + $25.00
    Balance Due (estimate): $61,889.02

36 month lease with $2500.00 down: $993.00
  • shanchen72shanchen72 Member Posts: 23
    wow that sounds horrible. what was the residual? 30%?
    Greetings milti. BMW Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 X5 4.8 with 15,000 miles per year are .00155 and 56%, respectively.

BMW is currently providing a $1,750 loyalty cash incentive on leases of this truck to returning customers. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating the capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • mil6753mil6753 Member Posts: 71
    MSRP 71270, discount to 67707 (invoice is 65445)
    0 down lease, 12K per year, 36mos = $944.69 base payment w/o tax

When asked if they are using .00155 as the moneyfactor, am told they mark that up to .00195. But they are using 58% residual since it's 12K a year and not 15K which is 56%.

How close should I a) push to get to invoice price or b) get money factor reduced to .00155. Money factor difference is $1500 over three years.

Even if I leave the price at 67707 (2262 over invoice) but get them to do the .00155 money factor, it's $50/mo less payment!

Any one with similar experiences or negotiation suggestions please post.
  • trabd123trabd123 Member Posts: 55
    Hello,
    I was offered the following premium purchase on X5 with the following features:
    - Premium package
    - Cold package
    - iPod/USB

MSRP: $54,874
    Selling Price: $52,265
    Interest rate: 2.9%
    60 months
    10,000 miles/year
    down payment: $5,000
    monthly payment: $643
    Final Payment: 22300

To lease this car for 36 month, 10,000 a year would be $746 a month.

Do these deals make sense? Does the premium purchase make sense? I know that I will have to pay all the taxes up fromt.

Thanks.
  • txbmwguytxbmwguy Member Posts: 1
    Returning BMW customer working a deal on a X5 3.0 in Texas. Current deal on the table:

09 X5 3.0
    Premium Package
    Technology Package
    Running Boards
    iPod/USB
    $53,195 - $1830 below Invoice
    36 mnths
    10k mileage
    $1500 down
    $794 monthly lease payment including taxes & $1750 returning customer discount

$794/mnth seems a bit steep to me but I'm upgrading from a 3-series so is this a good deal?
    Hi txbmwguy,
    Sounds a little high. I got the following quote today from a Long Island, NY dealer:

09 X5 3.0
    Premium Package, heated seat, rear climate, sat, ipod
    MSPR $54,340
    Selling $52,265
    10k per year
    36 months
    $781 including NY state tax (8.75%)
    no discount or down payment.

HTH.
  • spiderv6spiderv6 Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know what the money factors are for May and any other deals / reductions available?
    I tried unsuccessfully to get the numbers from the dealer yesterday.

I'm not sure why this discussion forum site is not active, is it because of the economy so most of the activities are happening in the Mazda and Toyota forums or because x5 is not a good car?

Does anyone know of a good discussion site that handles this type of cars?
  • tomcat626tomcat626 Member Posts: 24
    This is what I quote from a dealer:
    PREMIUM PKG., REAR CLIMATE PKG., TECHNOLOGY PKG., RUNNING BOARDS, HEATED SEATS, IPOD/USB ADAPTER
    36mos 12K/y MSRP$56,225
    $760+tax +drive off, no down payment
    Looks like it's the best they can do, why is it so hard to bring their number down? My 2007 lexus RX350 (selling price $39000) only costs me $500 a month (tax included) with no money down for the same terms.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    What were the residuals on those two deals?

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • mil6753mil6753 Member Posts: 71
    What was the total MSRP for the vehicle after you add the options.

I was able to get a 2009 with MSRP of 73320 for 841/mo plus tax, 0 down, 36, 12k.
    The difference between leasing and buying X5 with similar features is around $160 per month for 60 months. I decided to buy it with an interest rate of 2.9% and 5k down payment.
    MSRP price is only $56,225. :(
    Maybe I should go for 4.8 as it's only $100 difference in monthly payment.
  • jefhack1jefhack1 Member Posts: 16
    Coming off an 06 X5 4.4 lease... headed to our favorite local dealer (life quality bmw in brooklyn) on Saturday to test drive the 09 X5 3.0. Can someone share these specs for May?

Money factor
    Residual based on 36 mo/10K miles
    Current owner loyalty discount

Thanks!
    Jeff
    jefhack@gmail.com
    This is what I have been told:
    56% residual and 0.00195 MF for 36mos /12K
    Anyone has got a good deal from So Cal dealers for 3.0
    The best deal I can get in Long Island, NY is 728 + tax for 36 months /10K and not with the same equipments or features that this guy has.

Sometimes, I feel that these deals are too good to be true.

I received $500 below invoice from a dealer in CT. I'm thinking seriously about buying and skipping the bank and other non-sense fees.
    So what options do have get on that $728 deal, trabd123?

Well, I think that $500 below invoice will make some difference.
    Tech package, iPod/USB, heated front seats, rear climate and satellite radio.

If I buy the car with 5k down, I would have a 60 month payments of $845. The 2.9% interest rate plus the $500 below invoice will make sense to buy it.
  • jefhack1jefhack1 Member Posts: 16
    Life Quality BMW is telling me that this loyalty cash is not applied against the cap cost. (Waiting to schedule a call to hear how they aim to apply it). Does this sound right? As part of negotiations, they are also telling me that my cost is $500 above invoice. Hmmm...
    Hi spiderv6. I'm not sure if anyone has answered this question yet, but just in case they haven't here's the information that you're looking for.

BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 BMW X5 3.0 with 15,000 miles per year are .00180 and 55%, respectively.

BMW is currently providing a $1,750 cash incentive on leases of this truck for loyal customers, but no special money factor reduction.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, Jeff. BMW Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 BMW X5 3.0 with 10,000 miles per year are .00180 and 58%, respectively.

Since you are a current BMW lessee, you are eligible for a $1,750 loyalty cash incentive on your new lease. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating your vehicle's capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jefhack1. You absolutely can apply the $1,750 loyalty cash incentive that BMW is providing on the X5 right now towards the capitalized cost of your new lease. How does the dealer suggest that you apply it? I suppose that it's six of one and half dozen of another if you decide to use it to pay your truck's first month's payment, acquisition fee, etc... at signing rather than reduce the cap cost anyhow.

Car_man
    Host
    I just signed a lease for an X5 3.0 with rear climate, ipod/usb, heated front seats, BMW assist and running boards for $713 (NY sales taxes included) for 36 months and 10k miles. MSRP is 51,125 and selling price is 48k. Bank fee and 1st payment are upfront.

The dealer said that invoice price is $47,600. I'm not sure if it's true.

What do you think guys, is it a good deal?
    I believe it's a good deal. It's about the best you can get from a honest dealer.
  • mel04mel04 Member Posts: 1
    CarMan and others, can you please provide your feedback on the following offer in NYC for a X5 3.0 lease:

Miles: 10K/y
    Residual: 58%
    MF: 0.0018
    MSRP: $57175 (Premium, Tech, and Cold Weather packages)
    Selling Price: $55000
    Cap Cost Reduction: $53250
    Monthly payment (without tax): $713
    Zero down
    Amount due at signing (NY taxes and fees): $4664.68

Also, any recommendations on a better deal in the NY/NJ/CT areas?
  • x5fan10x5fan10 Member Posts: 19
    I am in baltimore and planning to lease X5.
    this is the quote i have gotten-
    X5 3.0- technology package, premium, 3rd row, rear entertainment, rear climate and cold package- 55750.

Need advise- should i tell the dealer NOW, that i am interested in a lease? Or Should i wait for my test drive and tell then, when i actually plan to buy? Also, should i negotiate more?
    Do they ever go below their invoice price? Dealer says his invoice is 55415.

thanks
    IMHO, once you get to their bottom line, which is their selling price, just apply it to the formula, everything else is straight forward. I would send couple of email to different dealers to get quotes first.
    It's a good deal to me if the sign off was not that high.
  • johnpatrick3johnpatrick3 Member Posts: 2
    I made the following lease deal on a 2009 X5 30i here in Northern Virginia last week at Fairfax BMW. After a couple of days of back and forth, eventually was able to custom order an X5 which will be delivered in 4-6 weeks.

X5 30i, Vermilion Red, Sand Beige Nevada Leather, Light Poplar Wood Trim
    Premium, Tech, Cold Weather, Rear Climate, iPod Adaptor, Smartphone Integration, HD Radio
    $57,375 MSRP
    $52,955 Selling Price
    $1,750 existing customer additional cap reduction
    additions include VA tax, title, tags
    36 months, 12k mileage allowance
    Residual 55%
    Money Factor .00180
    $1,500 due at signing + First Month payment upon car delivery in 4-6 weeks
    Monthly payment $716

Dealership initially had money factor of .00220 but thanks to postings in this forum, I knew that was a markup. Salesman initially pitched a custom order to me while emailing back and forth. Once we sat down and started talking numbers it was clear they would not discount a custom order very much, so we started negotiated for a similar car on their lot (not the color that my wife wanted), so after getting that car down to basically the same numbers as above, I still did not want to pay more than $1,500 at signing (ie, no additional $716 first month payment). Manager stepped in and said there is just no way to go lower...and after much hand wringing he suggested just letting us custom order and that got us the color we wanted and pushed the first month payment back 4-6 weeks, which actually worked better for us since we have an existing lease on a Volvo that is set to expire in July. Manager said they train their salespersons not to negotiate pricing very much on custom orders and to try to move the cars already on their lot (makes sense). I think it is a fair deal and the guys at Fairfax BMW were very pleasant to deal with.
  • sleepie28sleepie28 Member Posts: 5
    Hi everyone,

It looks like BMW Financial Srv is offering a $1750 Lease Cash Offer for X5 3.0 and 4.8i. For anyone or Car_man, is this Lease Cash available in conjunction with the Loyalty Cash (which is also $1750)?

Do you guys know the buy rate MF for June on the x5 4.8i? I'm gonna get my car next week! Thanks a million!

sleepie
    $1750 for everyone? Is this true? I can't believe it!!
    That's what I'm trying to get confirmation. I was told last month that the only thing available was the $1750 loyalty cash (for current bmw owners).

But I'm trying to see if I'm actually eligible for both! :P
    Check this out http://www.bmwoffairfax.com/financing/

BMW OWNER LOYALTY FOR EVERYONE !!!
    JOhn
    Thanks for the info. So how did u negotiate the MF? And the rseidual value- i thot it was 57% for 36mo and 12k.
    Also, what would u recommend- shud i tell the dealer NOW or when i negotiate the price, that i am in for a lease. And when i tell him that i am in for a lease, what new surprises should i be prepared for?
    thanks
    ps i am a bit nervous since this is my first lease
    thanks for the clarification - i guess i can only deduct $1750 once.

thanks so much for your post tho!
    I actually test drove an X5 and walked away after little conversation with the internet manager. Home is where I do all the homework and negotiation at. I sent emails to 5 dealers and asked them to match or beat the best price. It turns out that they are quite cooperative. To me the MF is pretty much fixed however you can put some SD down to lower it by 0.00015 or so.
    I remember that Edmunds lease guide recommended to act like buying before surprising them :-) But, it's your call!
    Just sent an email to a dealer to confirm the cash offer. It's too good to be true tho
    Thanks Tomcat
    I am waiting to hear back...this is what i have do far-
    X5 3.0 black saph with beige leather
    cold, prem, tech, 3rd row seat with entertainment and climate
    msrp 58225
    selling price 54410 plus taxes.

what do u think?
    One dealer already confirmed that $1750 lease cash offer is available for new customer, yahooooo
    I believe $4000 cap reduction is about touching the bottom line of dealers, at least in SoCal. I still don't know the MF and RV for June though, hopefully they are better.
    Thats gr8.
    Also, are we supposed to pay all those fees mentioned on the web site- aquisition and security fee?????

Where do u get info abt june MF and residuals?? Do u have any info yet?

thanks
    Aquisition fee is part of the deal of Drive-off which is usually no more than $1500 for an honest deader.
    Security Deposit is totally up to you, it will slightly lower your interest rate (MF) as I mentioned b4.
    Ask your dealers about MF and RV, they are not supposed to lie on these. But they still have chance to trick you, guess it's their job. :)
    Johnpatrick
    Did u pay any deposit for the speical order?
    My dealer wants me to pay 1000.00 for special order.
    Also, before u gave the order, u had straightened all the bends- i mean negotiating lease terms etc etc.

thanks
    I special ordered mine for $500 over invoice - dealer is located in So. Cal.

MF for May on the 4.8i was 0.00155, is June the same?

Thanks!
    Hi mel04. Let's take a look at the deal that you were offered. The money factor that you were quoted looks great. It's right in line with BMW Financial Services' current buy rate for this model.

Let's take a look at the other important number to focus on when leasing, this truck's selling price. This truck probably has a spread of around $4,600 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Add to this the $1,750 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it and you have a total of around $6,350 to play with in your negotiations. You were quoted a discount of $2,175 on this truck. I definitely think that you can do better than that, particularly in an area that has a lot of competition like NY. Try comparison shopping with a few other dealers and see if you can beat this price.

Car_man
    Host
    What you heard is correct, sleepie28. Originally the $1,750 cash incentive on BMW X5 leases was only for loyal customers, but they have subsequently opened it up to "conquest" customers, aka anyone with a pulse, as well. You can not double dip and get $1,750 x 2.

BMW Financial Services' new June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 X5 4.8 are .00155 and 56%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.