Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Lease Questions

Comments

• yueluyuelu Member Posts: 3
    Car_Man,

Could you let me know the June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 X5 3.0? Thanks.
  • dpeck1dpeck1 Member Posts: 51
    I heard that dealers can't give away the diesels and are offerinng them for better numbers than the 3.0s. Is there a better plan or additional holdback or discount on the diesels???????

Thanks
    Here is the deal:

X5 30i,
    Premium, Tech, Cold Weather, Rear Climate,running boards, Sport
    $60,275 MSRP
    $57,000 Selling Price
    $1,750 customer additional cap reduction

36 months, 15k mileage allowance
    Residual 55%
    Money Factor .00180
    due at signing - First Month payment, $749 security, and $725 Bank fee and docs/plates
    Monthly payment $845 which includes NY tax.

Thoughts? Seems high to me.

Please help!!!!!!
  • trabd123trabd123 Member Posts: 55
    Here's the deal that I signed two weeks ago:

X5 30i,
    Options: Heated front seats, USB/iPod adapter, BMW Assist, Rear Climate,running boards
    Color: Blue with Beige interior
    MSRP: $51,175
    Selling Price: $48,000
    Cost Cap Red.: $1,750

36 months, 10k mileage/year
    Residual value: 58%
    Money Factor: .00180
    Due at signing: First Month payment, $749 security, and $725 Bank fee, docs and plates
    Monthly payment: $656 (NY tax is included)
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here you go, yuelu. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 X5 3.0 with 15,000 miles per year are .00180 and 55%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi trabd123. Congratulations on getting your new X5. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Real world examples like this are always very helpful for consumers who are in the market for similar vehicles. If you haven't already, make sure to stop by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others as well.

Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • x5fan10x5fan10 Member Posts: 19
    Car man
    Could you please tell me the MF and residual for June 2009 for X5 3.0 for 36/ 12K?
    And is this listed somewhere? Just so the dealer doesnt try to pull a fast one on me.
    Thanks
  • sleepie28sleepie28 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks Car_man. Yea, I was quoted the .00155 MF on my lease. The sales rep said I can buy down the MF to 0.0105 if I pay a $5000 security deposit up front.

It would actually lower my monthly payment from $847 to $807. What's your thoughts....anyone?

Cheers!
  • rams160rams160 Member Posts: 11
    I have this offer for a X35d
    Premium
    Tech
    Cold Weather
    Rear Climate
    Third Row
    Remote Access
    MSRP 62,875
    Selling Price 57,985 =invoice
    36 month lease, 12K/year,
    $850/month, security deposit waived, nothing down.
    I am in St Louis, MO. Any thoughts?
    What dealer in NY and where? Thanks
    Hi
    Someone pls help me with june MF's and residuals for X5-3.0 for 10k and 12k.
    need urgently. going to c the dealer tomorrow. Also, the 1750 cash offer- is that really for ALL or only for returning customers?
    thanks
  • tomcat626tomcat626 Member Posts: 24
    It's 0.00195 for new customers and $1750 is for all.
    RV: 57% - 12K, 58%-10K

The deal I got:
    $671/month+tax
    MSRP $ 56375
    36M 12K
    Paid upfront: drive off, acquistion fee and security deposite.
    thanks Tomcat626

is the MF same for all or i could get a different no. whn i go to the dealer?
    If not a returning customer, you get this 0.00195 MF straight. Unless you leave one security deposit to lower it to 0.0018.
    The finance guy told me that I will have to pay $350 of disposition fee at the lease end plus any damage fee. I was showed a little piece of plastic measure tool and told any damage or scratch larger than 2 inches on each PANEL would cost me at least $300 at lease-end, and any TWO scratches less than 2 inches are considered a LARGE scratch. That part really scared me off. Then he tried to sell me the Safe Lease program for almost $1400...
    Anyone knows if BMWFS is actually that strict on their return lease?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Then he tried to sell me the Safe Lease program for almost $1400...

I think you answered your own question.. ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• teck2u2teck2u2 Member Posts: 33
    Hi - I went Hassel BMW in NY this evening and was quoted the following on a 36M/10K miles per Year lease:

09 X5 xDrive 30i
    MSRP $55,625
    SP $52,704
    Total out of Pocket $4,452 this includes (Tax, 1st Month Payment, Security Deposit of 1 Months Payment, Title)
    Rebate $1,750 (Cap Cost Reduction)
    MF – 0.180
    Residual 58%
    The price is basically Edmunds TMV and includes the following:
    - Cold Weather Package $1,250
    - Technology Package $2,600 [this includes Navigation and Park distance control (back up camera)]
    - Running Boards $300
    - Rear Seat Entertainment $1,700
    - Nappa Leather Upholstery $1,450

Can you please tell me if:
    1. This is a good lease?
    2. Is the Selling Price okay?
    3. Is the MF correct?
    4. Can I get a better deal?
    I know Car_Man advises against money down but I want to keep my payment decent. I am also considering the Acura MDX with Tech and entertainment package (my wife actually prefers this car, go figure) and I made an offer of $40,800. Waiting to hear from Acura Dealer

Decisions, decisions! :confuse:

Help!
    finally went to a dealer today. this is the deal.
    x5 black with prem, cold, tech and rear entertainment.
    MSRP-57275.
    FINAL PRICE 53450
    36 MONTHS 12K
    -1750 CAP COST RED
    DOWN PAYMENT- (TAX, SECURITY OF $700 AND FIRST PAYMENT)= 4822
    MF- 0.0180 IF PAY 700 DOWN AND 0.0195 IF I DO NOT PAY IT UPFRONT

LEASE 681.00 WITH FIRST MF AND 693 WITH SECOND MF
    ANY COMMENTS?
    ALSO IS THE SECURITY DEPOSIT REFUNDED AT THE END OF THE LEASE??
    SHOULD I PAY OR JUST INCLUDE IN MY LEASE?

ALSO, THE TAXES - SHOULD I PAY UPFRONT OR SHOLD I PAY IN MY LEASE COST??
    THANKS
  • teck2u2teck2u2 Member Posts: 33
    Hey - just got the following deal from Hassel BMW in Long Island NY

X5 3.0 -
    MSRP = $55,625
    SP = $51,350 which includes:
    - Rear entertainment
    - Running Boards
    - Nevada Leather
    - Cold Weather Package
    - Technology Package
    - MACO
    - Destination and Handling

12 K Miles
    Monthly payment $643

Total Due at signing $4297 which includes:
    - $650 Security Deposit (yes this is refundable upon completion of lease)
    - $725 Bank Fee
    - $1997 Taxes
    - $213 Tax on rebate $1750 Rebate (yes Uncle Sam taxes this too)
    - $643 first month payment of
    - $67 state charges

My Taxes are up front and I'm not sure you have a choice but to pay the security deposit up front

I am still think about color. I think this is a good deal and I am about to sign, thoughts?

Thanks.
    looks like a good deal to me.
    someone pls help me also.

the sales tax on the vehicle once paid upfront- do i have to pay any other tax on top of the monthly lease payment???
    my sales tax on x5 is 3207- which i will upfront. will i have to pay any tax on my monthly payments also?
    also if someone can help me calc my lease- i m getting confused.
    MSRP- 57125
    final price- 53450
    taxes- 3207
    MF-0.00195(no deposit) and 0.00180($700 deposit)
    res- 57 percent.

pls help- dealer told me 681 with MF 0.00180. 4882 down which includes sales tax, first payment and 700.00 security, title and registration, dealer fees etc.
    is the lease payment correct??

thanks
    Guys, don't forget there is an acquistion fee (bank fee) of $725 and disposition fee of $350 at lease end.
  • norcalsuvnorcalsuv Member Posts: 2
    Does BMW publish any leasing terms on CPO leasing? I haven't given it much thought but wonder if I can get a decent lease deal on '08 or '09 CPO X5. Any opinion or suggestion would also be welcome as well.
    I have a quick question regarding taxes on lease.
    In maryland, do u pay taxes on the total SP of the vehicle u r leasing or only on the value of the vehicle u will be using i.e. SP minus residual value.

thanks
  • rahulskhrahulskh Member Posts: 2
    Hello:
    I am trying to lease 09 BMW X5 30i, had couple of things would like to find out.
    Options I am looking are:
    Cold Weather Pkg, Rear Climate Pkg, Tech Pkg, Prem Pkg, iPod USB Connector, 3rd Row Seat and Trailer Hitch. Total MSRP is coming out to be $59270 with dest charge included. I am asking dealer for 48k and the best he is willing to do is around 53k including june 09 lease incentive. Am I asking too much? Besides tax, tags and title what will be the acquisition fee? I am a Virginia Resident trying to make a deal in MD as MD has a state wide that dealers cannot charge buyer a processing more than $99.00.
    Anyone, please let me know if 48k is the right amount I am negotiating or shall I increase my offer a little bit.
    Thanks alot!
  • mensah007mensah007 Member Posts: 8
    I got the following offer from my BMW sales person in Maryland on a 2009 BMW X5 3.0 w/ Technology Package (includes Rear View Camera, Navigation and Park Distance Control), Running Boards & Heated Seats:

Lease is for 10,000 miles per year with $3500 cap reduction plus applicable tax, tags, 1st payment, security deposit & acquisition fee. Lease calculaltion already includes $1750 Loyalty/Conquest Cash Incentive.

$5,000 down
    $539/month

Thanks
  • norcalsuvnorcalsuv Member Posts: 2
    i am certainly not an expert but experts here and elsewhere advised strongly against putting any money down on lease. if there is a total loss (accident, theft, loss, etc.) i don't think your insurance pays for it.
  • chinomonkeychinomonkey Member Posts: 7
    Has anyone succeeded in getting a 2009 X5 at invoice minus $1750? Looking for 36 months lease @12K miles per year. What is the published MF and RV? I do not want to pay security deposit? Is it possible? I just want to pay 1st payment and plate fee when picking up. All taxes roll into lease payment. The X5 Lease special @$539 is pretty good if we can forego the $4000 down and security deposit.

chinomonkey
    Hi x5fan10. Here's the information that you're looking for. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 X5 3.0 with 12,000 miles per year are .00180 and 57%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,750 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello sleepie28. BMW does have a multiple security deposit program. The last time that I checked, it allowed lessees to provide up to seven additional security deposits on leases, with each extra deposit reducing the money factor that is used to calculate their monthly payment by .00007.

If you have extra money laying around and you want a lower monthly payment, multiple security deposits are a better way to go about getting it than making a capitalized cost reduction. Unlike down payments, assuming that your truck is in good shape and under its mileage allowance you will actually get your extra deposits back at lease-end.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi teck2u2. Let's take a look at this deal. The .00180 money factor that you were quoted is right in line with BMW FS' buy rate for this model. That's a good thing.

Now let's take a look at the other important factor, the selling price. The BMW X5 that you are interested in has a spread of around $4,400 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. You were quoted a dealer discount of $2,921. That's probably around $1,500 over dealer invoice. That's not terrible, but if I was in the market for this truck I personally would try to shave another $500 to $1,000 off of this vehicle's selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi x5fan10. I personally don't know how sales tax is calculated on leased vehicles in Maryland, but you may be able to find out by visiting one of the following sites:

Maryland Department of Motor Vehicles

or

Comptroller of Maryland

Car_man
    Host
    Hi rahulskh. The X5 that you're interested in probably has a spread of around $4,800 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Plus BMW is providing a cash incentive of $1,750 on it right now. That gives you a total of around $6,550 to play with during your negotiations. The $53,000 selling price that you were quoted is actually a really good deal. The $48,000 price that you want is probably not attainable.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey mensah007. The best way for me to evaluate this deal is for me to take a look at this truck's selling price in relation to its MSRP. Let us know what these numbers are and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will let you know what we think.

One thing that I notice about this deal right off the bat is the large $5,000 down payment that you are considering making. I always advise consumers not to make large down payments on leased vehicles. Lessees who make big down payments risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Car_man
    Host
    thanks Carman

Had one more q?
    i finally got a deal on made to order X5.
    one thing where the dealer took me is sec deposit. he told me i have to pay that irrespective- i pay it down or rol it in my payments(MF 0.00195). In the latter case, i will not get it back- is that true??
    if i pay it upfront to cut my MF to 0.00180 i will get it back, but if i roll it into the lease, then it wont be refunded plus the MF is 0.00195
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    When you don't make the security deposit upfront, it isn't really being "rolled into the lease". In that case, the security deposit is waived, and the money factor is adjusted upward to account for no deposit.

So, in effect, the dealer is correct.. If you don't make the deposit upfront, there is no deposit to be refunded, and you have to pay the higher money factor.

If you do the math, you'll find it is a much better deal to make the deposit and get the lower money factor.

Returning BMWFS customers have their deposits waived, with no additions to the money factor.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I heard that BMW has just announced a $4,500 rebate on any 2009 X5 diesel. Carman, is that in addition to the $1750 lease incentive? Please advise. Thanks.
  • danf1222danf1222 Member Posts: 11
    CarMan:

A few questions, thanks.

Can you give a ballpark figure of what the spread between dealer invoice and a base BMW x5 3.0 (MSRP 47,500) is (I'm not sure what options we are interested in yet, but a good start would be just to know how much to negotiate off the base model).

We have some time and dont need to get into a new car until November. Any idea as far as when the best time of year to lease this truck is? I guess along these lines would also be how long the $1750 conquest cash will be offered?

Do you have the July figures for MF and Residual on a 36 month 12K lease.

Thank you.
    Hi dpeck1. I hadn't heard that BMW introduced such a large cash incentive on the X5 diesel. I do know that it has $1,750 on non-diesel models in July. I'll have to make some calls and see what I can find out about the 35d.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi danf1222. You can look up the exact dealer invoice for the X5 that you are interested in, as you want it by looking up this truck in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

It is difficult to say how long BMW will continue to offer the $1,750 lease cash on the '09 X5. This cash has already been around for several months, so it would surprise me if it disappeared after its current scheduled expiration date of August 31st, but it is difficult to say what manufacturers will do with their future incentives.

BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 BMW X5 3.0 with 12,000 miles per year are .00180 and 57%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • mangoolermangooler Member Posts: 3
    I want to lease a new X5

Sgolshani1@gmail.com
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    I want to lease a new X5

And, ... ? :confuse: :confuse:

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • yz1281yz1281 Member Posts: 2
    Car man

im in Texas, I am dealing on an x5 30i
    MSRP 58,370
    SALE PRICE 57,370
    CCR 0
    APR 6.5%
    RESIDUAL 55%
    MILEAGE 15K
    REBATE 1750
    SECURITY DEP. 0

This was the dealers first offer. Im not very happy with it. What should residual and apr. be on that vehicle? This is not an instock vehicle. It would be transferred in from about 300 miles away.Should There be a charge for that.? Also im turning in a 3 series that is 6k under on mileage is there any credit there? Also dealer told me 6.5% apr is not negotiable on lease program is this true?

Sorry so many questions just trying to be prepared for next round!

Thanks in advance.
  • ardvarkusardvarkus Member Posts: 90
    I heard the same thing, BUT NEED SOME CONFIRMATION!

I am actually pretty surprised folks aren't talking about it, make me wonder... but your post is exactly what I heard from a salesperson (who might have spoken too soon)

Not sure if it is a cash rebate, dealer incentive or lease incentive.

Anyone????

A
    Found out from two dealers it is a $4,500 options credit in liu of the $1750 offered now. HOWEVER, if you lease, they bumped the rate up from .0018 (4.32%) to .0025 (6%), so really doesn't save a whole lot. But if you figure that most dealers will give you $4,000 off MSRP, you could save $8,500 on the 35d. Just pray the price of diesel stays low and that you can find it.
  • rahulskhrahulskh Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for your advise Car_man! I still have a months time for my other lease to expire and thats when I would start shopping aggresively for x5. Had couple of more questions.
    1) Is money factor purely based on credit score?
    2) What is max money factor?
    3) Do you think which would give me lower payments 24 months or 36 months?
    4) What would be your preference 24 or 36 mths?
    5) Do you know when 2010 is coming out?
    6) Do you think if I wait for 2010 to come out I can get 10k off of the MSRP (59k)?

Please let me know.
    Thanks
  • ardvarkusardvarkus Member Posts: 90
    Yes, it replaces the 1750 lease credit.

The good news is that the 4500 is a straight reduction in the cost to the dealer- so it can be applied to a purchase, loan or lease.

I never lease, I purchase or use a line of credit, so creative financing is useless. Give me a lower cost!

:)

A

PS "Find diesel"?!?! You must not own a diesel. :) For me an F2504x4 PSD and a diesel tractor, and finding diesel (think truck stops) is never a problem.... in hundreds of thousands of miles...
    Hi yz1281. BMW Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 X5 3 with 15,000 miles per year are .00180 and 55%, respectively. A money factor of .00180 is equivalent to an interest rate of around 4.3%. I wonder if the dealer quoted you a balloon note on this truck. Given the fact that you are in Texas it would not surprise me.

Dealers do not usually tack on an explicit charge for swapping for a vehicle, but don't expect to get the best possible deal on one that the dealer has to go out and get. Dealers would much rather sell you something that they have in stock.

Unfortunately, lessees do not get any credit for unused mileage.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem rahulskh. While many banks' money factors vary by credit score, BMW Financial Services uses what one might call a pass / fail system. Either a lessee qualifies for its best available money factors or they cannot lease through them at all. BMW Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor for an '09 X5 3.0i is .00180 for returning BMW FS customers or new ones who opt to pay a security deposit at lease signing. BMW will waive its security deposit requirement for new customers in exchange for a .00015 money factor increase.

Dealers are often allowed to mark vehicles' money factors up, and BMW dealers are notorious for doing so. Savvy customers who are in an area that has a decent level of competition can usually convince dealers to use the buy rate to calculate their monthly payment.

Typically 36 month leases provide much lower monthly payments than 24 month leases. This is because new vehicles experience their most rapid depreciation hit during the first year of ownership. Thirty-six month leases have an extra twelve payments to spread out this large initial depreciation hit out over.

I don't know exactly when the 2010 X5 is scheduled to arrive at dealers. When the 2010s do begin to arrive, I suspect that you will be able to negotiate a selling price that's fairly close to dealer invoice, perhaps a couple hundred dollars over, minus any available cash incentives on a leftover '09 model.

Car_man
    Host
  • yz1281yz1281 Member Posts: 2
    thanks for the reply car man.

So what is a good negotiated sales price on an x5 that has a Msrp of approx, 58K ?
  • nycbmwnycbmw Member Posts: 6
    Just started lease search for x5 diesel.
    first try:
    Premium Pkg., Cold Weather Pkg., Rear Climate Pkg. & Ipod Adapter.36 Months, 12,000 miles. $0 down as cap cost. The payment is $729.99 including tax with $2799.00 due at inception this includes the First Month, Motor Vehicle Charges, The Bank Acquisition fee,.dealer conveyance & $799 Security Deposit.

what i can figure is MSRP is $57975 and Invoice is $53,350.

This initial quote is pretty awful i think. any comments?

ps. sales tax here is ~6%

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.