Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Cadillac CTS Lease Questions

Comments

• alan124alan124 Member Posts: 1
    Is $6,425 lease cash incentive still available? I live in NY and want to lease a CTS basic. Is it for the 2010 or 2011 model

Thanks

• suzay22suzay22 Member Posts: 11
    Car_man,

Can you give me both Ally and US Banks rates/residuals for the 2011 CTS AWD Luxury for 39 months/12,000 miles. I see some really great prices out there and I want to lease soon. The rates have to be pretty good right now and I assume the $1600 CCR is still available. Thanks!
  • autoboy19autoboy19 Member Posts: 155
    edited October 2010
    Car_man,

Do you have the October lease rates and CCR for the 2011 CTS-V sedan for 24, 36 and 48 months with 12k miles per year?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Any time, autoboy19.

You definitely can lease this car for 24 months. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2010 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are 0.6% and 63%, respectively.

I haven't heard anything about the conquest cash lately.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi alan124. That huge cash incentive was on leases of the 2010 CTS. Unfortunately, GM is no longer providing lease support on most 2010 models.

There is a special lease program on the 2011 CTS, that includes a $2,000 cash incentive on the '11 CTS Sedan.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi suzay22. Ally's October base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 Cadillac CTS Sedan Luxury AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 1.05% and 52%, respectively.

GM is currently providing a $2,000 cash incentive on leases of this car through Ally.

I believe that the lease program through US Bank is fairly similar to this, but I don't have the exact details.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey autoboy19.

Ally's October base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are 0.6% and 65%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 1.05% and 51%.

The 48 month numbers are 1.9% and 42%.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take the aforementioned $2,000 cash incentive into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • viper581viper581 Member Posts: 4
    Looking to do a 24 or 27 month lease, 10k miles, FL tax (6%) rolled into payment, $2400 total out of pocket. MSRP is $44,740. Quoted $434.86 for 24 months. Is the Acq fee of $895 accurate?

Please provide the Interest Rate, residuals for 24 & 27 months.

Thanks for the help!

-Adam
    Sorry for the MSRP of $44,740 the actual monthly payment was $451.35. If I went with the MSRP of $43745 then the monthly payment would be $434.86.
    I can't help with the residual values as I leased for 39 months/12K but the acquisition fee was $795 for me through Ally so it has to be the same for you. You don't need AWD in Florida do you?!!
    Thanks for the info with the Acq Fee. Good point about FL but the car will be up north for part of the winter. Thanks
    Hey Adam. Through November 1st, GMAC's base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 CTS AWD Luxury with 10,000 miles per year are 0.6% and 65%, respectively.

General Motors is scheduled to introduce a new November lease program some time tomorrow.

Car_man
    Host
  • z4maudiomanz4maudioman Member Posts: 130
    Do you have lease rates for the Cadillac CTS Coupes? I'm looking at a manual rear wheel drive version on a 24, 27, or 36 month lease with 15K a year. Thanks!
  • socalbmmrsocalbmmr Member Posts: 12
    Hi Car_man

Any idea what Ally/GMAC is doing for 24 month leases for November for the CTS-V sedan? Are they usually the same MFs and resids as the regular CTS sedans?

Thanks for any info!
    Hi z4maudioman. Ally's current base lease rate for a 24 or 27 month lease of a 2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe is 0.9%. The rate for a 36 month lease is 0.6%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi socalbmmr. Wow, two consecutive users with BMW references in their user ids who are interested in the CTS. Cadillac must be doing something right.

Ally's November base lease rate for a 24 month lease of a 2011 CTS-V Sedan is 0.15%. That's about as low as it gets. Ally probably published new residual values for the month of November. I haven't seen them yet, but I'll ask around and see what I can find out for you.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $2,500 cash incentive that General Motors is currently providing on leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    edited November 2010
    Thanks Car_man. Please share the residuals for the Performance or Premium Rear wheel drive coupes for 24, 27, and 36 months when you do get a chance. That would be very helpful. Thanks!
  • c2020nowc2020now Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2010
    Anyone know what the lease terms for the wagon are? Are the residuals and interest rates same as for the sedan? Interested int he V and the non-V
    Thanks,
    Hey Car_man,

Wow, 0.15% is amazing. The $2,500 is for sure on CTS-V's also? Dealers seem to be playing dumb about that. Looking forward to what you find out about the residual values.

As to you noticing 2 BMW folks asking questions, let me give you this anecdote from my 24 hours of calling around. The CTS-V is on fire right now and no one seems more surprised than the dealers.

Thanks as always for keeping us informed!!
  • excessdbexcessdb Member Posts: 1
    Do you know what the lease rate and residual is for the CTS Coupe AWD Premium and the CTS-V Coupe respectively?

How do i use those to calculate what the dealer should be charging me for the lease and what are this month's incentives? Are this months leases lower or higher than last month? I had a dealer quote me $510 a month in October for a 24 month lease and i was planning on ording the first week of November to get the car Nov 30th, but now I'm being told it went up to almost $600.
  • nineballer15nineballer15 Member Posts: 3
    I am looking to lease a 2010 CTS. Wondering what residuals and money factors, and price i should be looking for. 3.0 rwd luxury.
  • blushotzblushotz Member Posts: 2
    I've tried searching the forums and help sections for the answers to these questions without any luck. I'm hoping you will be able to help me...

I'm looking at a loaded CTS-V with a sticker of $70,790 and am trying to determine lease payments.

In this thread, Car_man, "Cadillac CTS Lease Questions" #470, 1 Nov 2010 2:33 am, you mention "Ally's current base lease rate for a 24 or 27 month lease of a 2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe is 0.9%. The rate for a 36 month lease is 0.6%."

What exactly is a base lease rate? Most base rates that I've found posted are in the following format: .00255. Am I correct in assuming that when you write 0.6% it is expressed in the online calculators as .006? I don't understand how to use the figures you've provided in the online calculator.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    I'm not Car_man, but I can answer one of your questions...

Ally expresses their finance charges as an interest rate... To convert it to an approximate money factor, divide that number by 2400.

0.6% / 2400 = .00025

3% / 2400 = .00125

Etc...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• blushotzblushotz Member Posts: 2
    Kyfdx:

Thank you for the reply...

So, if the base lease rate for the CTS-V Sedan is 0.15% as stated above, am I correct in saying that the money factor would be 0.15% / 2400 = 0.000000625?

Do you know what the current residual and base lease rates are for a 36 and 48 month term are for both the CTS-V sedan and CTS-V coupe?

Thank you in advance,
    Yes you have the correct money factor. I can't help with the residual values and I'm surprised no one has answered you yet. Did you ask your dealer? I know that's like trusting the enemy but the one I leased from was completely upfront. I'm pretty sure the money factor is the one they hide so maybe you can get the residual percentage from them and trust it. Search the internet for lease payments on exactly what you are looking for and work it backwards. Hope you get your answer soon......I didn't and had to wing it. Good luck.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    Just four zeroes after the decimal

.15 / 2400 = .0000625

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Here you go, z4maudioman.

Ally's November base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe Performance RWD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.9% and 64%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease of this car are 0.6% and 52%.

The lease rates for the Premium RWD Coupe are the same, but its residual values are 62% and 50%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on either of these cars, make sure to take advantage of the $1,550 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of the '11 CTS Coupe through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    As you can see from my post a little earlier than yours, I'm also in the market for the CTS-V. Our here in Los Angeles, the dealers don't seem to eager to negotiate. What payments/terms have you been hearing?

Car_man replied to my thread and mentioned the .15% lease rate and a $2500 Ally spiff, which no dealer seems to know about (not surprising that they're playing dumb)

Let me know how you do and I'll do the same.

Can't wait for my CTS-V!!
  • paw12paw12 Member Posts: 2
    Car_Man,

I am interested in leasing a 2011 CTS Premium AWD. What are the residuals and interest rates for 10k and 12k miles?

Also do you know if there are any additional rebates on a CTS lease?

Thanks!
  • paw12paw12 Member Posts: 2
    Car_Man,

This would also be for a 39 month lease.
    HI paw12. Ally's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Cadillac CTS Sedan Premium AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 0.75% and 51%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year is 1% higher.

General Motors is currently providing a $3,125 cash incentive on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Oh, for a 39 month lease use the same lease rates, but subtract 2% from this car's residual values.

Car_man
    Host
  • richman64richman64 Member Posts: 15
    Car Man,

What would be the approx lease amount for a $44K CTS AWD Luxury for a 39 mo ultra-low lease with a Chicago sales tax rate of 9.25%? Also what difference would it make if I applied $2000 GM Card rebates to this lease as well?

Thanks
  • branscopbranscop Member Posts: 4
    I have no idea how to calculate a lease price..CarMan please help!! I want to know what a 2011 CTS AWD MSRP of $39540 would cost me with zero down for 24 month lease or 36 month lease

thank you!!
  • chicago_carschicago_cars Member Posts: 4
    In Chicago we have the pleasure of double taxation on leases. In addition to the 9.25% sales tax on the total price of the car, the City of Chicago levies and ADDITIONAL 8% use tax on each lease payment you make. Yes, we're effectively paying 17.25% tax on every payment.
    Hi richmosar. What's this car's dealer invoice price? You can look it up for the model, as you want it equipped, over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Let me know and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi branscop. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

In order to calculate a payment on the car that you're interested in, we need to know its selling price. Let me know what it, or at least this car's dealer invoice price, is and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • tylerdurden1xtylerdurden1x Member Posts: 12
    Car man,

I am working on a deal for a 2011 CTS coupe base model. 36 months with 12k miles/year.

What incentives are on this car and also can you give me the residuals and mf %?

Also can I get the same info on the 2011 base sedan model.

Thanks.
    Hi tylerdurden1x. Ally's December base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe Base with 12,000 miles per year are 0.60% and 58%, respectively.

As you can see, Ally publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a base '11 CTS Sedan are 0.75% and 51%.

General Motors is currently providing a $2,500 cash incentive on leases of the '11 CTS Sedan and $1,550 on leases of the '11 CTS Coupe through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello Car_Man,

I am looking to lease a CTS-V Coupe, but am having trouble locating the lease rates for it. Can you please provide them to me? I am looking for either 24, 27, 36, or 39 months with 15K per year. Thanks!
  • lee616lee616 Member Posts: 3
    Hi, My car lease is up in February. The residual is about 25k, car mileage is a little under 20k.

1. Can I get anywhere trying to negotiate with smart lease for buyout?
    2. Is this a good price - (Car is loaded - leather, navigation, heated seats, key-less entry,moon, delay lights, etc. -
    3. If I were to not buy out car can I get a certified 2010, or leftover, with same appointments for 25k range?

Thank you.
  • vaz4mcvaz4mc Member Posts: 1
    Dear Car_man,

Could you please post the base lease rate and residual for a 36-month lease of an '11 CTS Coupe Performance AWD (15k miles/year)?

Thanks in advance!
  • topgun7topgun7 Member Posts: 412
    "1. Can I get anywhere trying to negotiate with smart lease for buyout?
    2. Is this a good price - (Car is loaded - leather, navigation, heated seats, key-less entry,moon, delay lights, etc. -
    3. If I were to not buy out car can I get a certified 2010, or leftover, with same appointments for 25k range? "

1) you can certainly try by calling the Ally lease phone number that come with your bill. But don't have too much of a hope. Car manufacturer normally do not like to negotiate residual.. They would much rather loss money through auction. Fraud prevention can be a motive here for not negotiating.

2) you can find the local inventory of used car and see if there is a similar car and what they price in used car market.. Most of those advertised price has room to negotiate.

3) You don't need to get the car certified. Most manufacturer allow owner to buy an extended warranty before the initial warrenty ran out. The warrenty price is negotiatable as well..
  • delrickdelrick Member Posts: 105
    Carman

Could you provide any info on Ally residuals on a new lease of a 2010 GM demo CTS Wagon.

..if so, what would be your guess on the residual for an Apr 2011 delivery?

Thanks
    Here's the information that you're looking for, z4maudioman.

Ally's current base lease rate for a 24 month lease of a 2011 CTS-V Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are 0.9% and 61%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 27 month lease are 0.9% and 59%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 0.6% and 50%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 0.6% and 48%.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,550 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go vaz4mc. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 CTS Coupe Performance AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.6% and 53%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,550 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of CTS Coupes through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi delrick. General Motors is not providing lease support on 2010 models any longer. If you really want to get a demo 2010 CTS, you would probably be better off taking advantage of the $6,000 dealer cash that is currently available on it and financing it through an independent bank.

Car_man
    Host
  • topgun7topgun7 Member Posts: 412
    edited January 2011
    Hello Car_man, do you know what is the MF and Residual for 36 month 12k mi CTS-V Sedan and Wagon and also CTS Sedan and Wagon in California? Also what is the incentive on these cars? I just got a mail from GM that they top out our GM card rebate to 3000 that I have until 1/31 to use the rebate...
    Hey topgun7. GM just introduced its new January lease program today. Ally's January base lease rate for a 36 month lease of a 2011 CTS-V Sedan or Wagon is 0.60%. I assume that Ally has published new residual values for the first quarter as well, but I haven't seen them yet.

GM is now providing a $3,400 cash incentive on leases of either of these vehicles through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • mf_hornmf_horn Member Posts: 3
    How do I find out more about the $1,550 cash incentive? That hasn't come up with the dealer. And can it bed combined with the current $1,000 GM Loyalty cash?

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.